Top 10 Ways to Connect with God
By Melissa Taylor
10. When you wake up, before you do anything else, say, “Thank You Lord for this day. As my feet meet the floor today, may my actions and thoughts be honoring to You.”
9. Claim a verse. For me this verse changes daily, weekly, monthly…depending on what I need. Post your verse. Repeat it. Meditate on it. It’s God’s Word and it’s true.
8. Call a friend and ask her to pray for you specifically in a certain area.
7. Call a friend and ask her how you can be praying for her specifically.
6. Read the 10 Commandments in Exodus 20. Praise God for guidelines. Ask forgiveness where needed and accept it.
5. Tell Satan to “Pedal his lies elsewhere!” (The Confident Woman, knowing who you are in Christ by Anabel Gillham)
4. Pray when you arise, at each meal, and when you lay your head on your pillow. Thank God for providing for today.
3. Join a Bible Study. Or at least study the Bible. God’s Word is the best way to connect with God Himself. Proverbs 31 Ministries has many great books that connect you to God’s Word and to God. Call 704-849-2270 or go to www.Proverbs31.org for more info on that!
2. Live what you know. Don’t just read and learn God’s Word, but live it. Not an easy feat, but it’s possible. “With God, all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26, NIV)
1. Say this everyday and believe it, “In Christ I am accepted, loved, significant, and secure! God made me for a special purpose and He will NEVER leave me or let me down! I am beautiful in the eyes of the Lord. My Creator unconditionally loves me forever and ever and ever…NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!
If you have recently accepted Christ, want to know how to have a life of freedom through Christ, or this Top 10 list has helped you, please let Melissa know. May God richly bless you today.