I admit it. I’m tired of this life. I don’t really like life right now. I’m exhausted and emotionally drained. I’m not doing the things I’d like to be doing. I’m scared. I hurt for others. I want everyone to be happy and healthy. I want to be happy and healthy. I try not to worry, yet I worry a lot. I’m very disappointed. In myself. In life. Sometimes I feel like I can’t go on.
My friends, how I wish I was going to tell you that those were words from a recent prayer request I received at the Proverbs 31 Office where I am the Prayer Coordinator, among other things But they aren’t. Those are words straight from my heart today. Before you panic and think I’m about to end it all, don’t. Yes, in my own flesh, this is how I truly feel. But I have a greater power within me that provides me with all I need to survive. And I marinate in His Word and soak up all the strength and peace I need so that even though I am hurting, I know that I am fine. The verse that really carries me right now is John 16:33,“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
In other words, Jesus told his disciples to take courage, hang in there, inevitably you will have trouble. That alone brings me peace. Jesus himself says we will have trouble. I am not immune to that. I shouldn’t be alarmed, disheartened, or fearful in this life that troubles me so. I can “take heart” (have courage, be comforted). In times such as these, I have to remember that I’m not alone. Jesus will never abandon me (or you). The victory has been won, by Jesus. He lives in me and therefore I can claim that victory too. Even in my troubled times. The truth is, I may never live a trouble free life. According to John 16:33, I won’t! But I can live a peaceful and victorious life. So can you.
Can you relate? Are you ever so tired that you feel ready to just give up? I’ve learned that when I get to this point, it’s often exactly where I need to be. It’s when God knows He’s all I have left. It’s when I learn and experience that God is enough and that is the greatest blessing of all.
I ask for your prayers. Normally I receive prayer requests. And I pray. Today I’m requesting. And I thank you in advance for praying.
1. Mom. She’s declining as we expected. Her suffering is difficult to watch. Time with her is more valuable than ever. I treasure your prayers for her comfort. She loves Jesus and will soon be with him. Until then I ask for peace and strength for Bud (her husband), Tricia (my sister), and all the other family and friends who this is so difficult for. This is much harder than I ever imagined.
2. Hayley Grace. My daughter, who has been sick all week with fever, cold symptoms, and the awful throw ups. She’s feeling better today Pray no one else in our family will get it. And pray for her sweet heart. She’s been very clingy to me, probably due to all that’s been going on with me being gone so much. I think she’s been a little glad to be sick (except the throw up part) because we’ve had so much time together.
3. A good friend of mine. Her father is not doing well and she is carrying many burdens of caring for him. Strength for her. Wisdom with words and support from me. She’s always been there for me and I want to be there for her too.
4. Another good young friend of mine. She is in the hospital due to an overdose. She is struggling with life right now and desiring to feel loved and accepted and normal. She’s too young to have experienced all she’s gone through so far in life. I spoke with her mother last night. Pray for this sweet mom as well. She doesn’t know what to do. They love Jesus like crazy. Pray for them that He will be enough. Strength, peace, total healing. Restoration.
5. Finances. Yes, I too relate with many of you in your struggle of finances. My husband and I both work. Times are very hard right now. I’ve had to miss a lot of work lately due to family sickness and my Mom’s cancer.
6. Weight Watchers. This may seem trivial, but it’s really not. This week I fell off the WW train big time. After losing 11.6 in January, I don’t want to blow it! Recommitment and discipline. Planning. Follow through despite circumstances. Geez, food is not the solution to problems! Neither is chocolate. I am overweight by 30 pounds still.
7. Balance. I crave simplicity and routine. Neither do I have right now.
8. An abundance of blessings for my husband and kids. They have been so supportive of all I have to do and be right now. I couldn’t do it without them. Because of them I can go care for my mom a few days and nights each week. Because of them I haven’t had to worry about keeping it all together at home while traveling back and forth plus working each day. They have chipped in and been self sufficient. I’ve learned they really don’t need me!….(of course that’s not true, but they can survive on their own!) I also know they are feeling the pain too. What is happening around me effects them too. Pray for strength and comfort for them. They deserve so much more than I’ve given them lately.
Thank you my friends for listening. It is rare that I publicly ask for prayer. You see, I’d like for you to think that I have it all together. Ha ha, lol, if you’ve followed my blogs or devotions for any time at all, you already know that’s not the case!
Let me encourage you to also ask for prayer. We weren’t meant to go through life alone. And when we don’t reach out when we are in need, we rob others the blessing of praying and caring for us. My friend Wendy Pope tells me that all time! We also open a door for Satan to attack our minds into thinking we really can’t take it anymore and to just give up. Prayer has power that we don’t realize. It’s a blessing to the one being prayed for and the one praying. Both are strengthened through prayer.
Tired of this life? Me too. But remember this: “…in me (Jesus) you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Visit the Proverbs 31 Prayer Page if you would like the P31 Prayer Team to pray for you. It is our honor to do so. My love to each of you!