May 25

A Prayer from Wendy Blight

Winners from yesterday’s blog are:  Nanci, Sandy, lisa h, Heidi, and AnnMarie.  Please email me at Melissa@MelissaTaylor.org.  You all won Hidden Joy books!!!  Congrats and thanks to everyone for sharing in the comments.  Now to today’s ultra special letter and prayer from author, Wendy Blight.

When Wendy Blight wrote Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner, she had you in mind. Here is a letter and prayer straight from her heart.  We are praying each of you and can’t wait to get started!

Sweet sisters in Christ,

Even before we knew your names, you were on our hearts.  Melissa and I have been praying for this study for months, and now, praise God, we know you by name.  Although we are giant in numbers, our Father in heaven knows each of you by name as well.  This is your divine appointment with Him.  He knows the cry of your hearts.  He is celebrating this incredible gathering of bold, courageous women.

I know many of you are skeptical, doubtful, and especially fearful.  That is where I was when I began the journey in Hidden Joy.  Melissa and I both have been exactly where some of you are right now.  We KNOW how you feel, and God is okay with how you feel.  We want you to come to this study with all your questions, doubts, and fears.  God WILL answer them with TRUTH!!  As the weeks go by, TRUTH will reveal the lies Satan has used to hold you hostage.  Little by little, freedom will come!!!  God’s Living and Active, Powerful, Life-Transforming Word will be at work in your midst!!  Change will come.  Joy will return.

Yesterday, God moved my heart to pray for you for an extended period of time.  As I prayed through tears of gratitude, my fingers typed the words flowing out of my heart.  Please find a prayer, written especially for you, below.  Pray this prayer over the next weeks and months of our study.  Every time you feel like you are sinking back into your old ways, pick up this prayer and PRAY fervently.  God will be faithful.  We are walking alongside you, praying it with you.  You are not alone!!  Remember … there are over 2000 of us!!!

If you get a chance, stop by my blog, www.wendyblight.com.  The prayer is posted there as well.  Please say hello and share a bit about yourself so I can can know you better.

I love you all and can’t wait to visit with you on the Conference Calls.

Sweet Blessings,

Wendy Blight

Our pray for you, please let’s pray together:

Heavenly Father, as we begin our journey, we stop first to recognize You, and You alone…our Creator, our Redeemer, the Author and Perfecter of our faith. You alone are Almighty God, the King of kings and Lord of lords .

Today, we bow humbly before You, acknowledging that without You healing and wholeness are not possible.  In You, and You alone, we live and move and have our being.  You alone are Truth. You alone are Healer.  You alone are Hope and the Way to freedom, peace, joy, and a full life.

We gather because You ordained it.  You drew each and every one of us from across the globe, each in our own way.  We thank You for every heart represented here.  You created each and every one of us…gave us breath and life.

Oh, Father, so many who gather here are broken and wounded…feeling hopeless and alone.  Some cannot believe they will ever feel joy or hope again.  They have lived for months, years, even decades shrouded in shame and darkness.  They have given up on themselves and even on You.  But You know that, Father.  You know every heart…every thought…every doubt…every hurt.  Your Word says that NOTHING is hidden from Your eye.

Today we come before You in power…together… as one body…one sisterhood in Christ.  We boldly come before Your throne of grace with the strongholds that hold us captive… doubts, hurts, shame, guilt, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, fear, hopelessness, depression… and surrender them ALL to You.  We know Satan desires to keep us captive in those strongholds.  We know that he wants us to believe that hope, joy, peace, healing, and wholeness will never be ours.  But You teach us in Your Word that Satan is a “liar and the father of lies.”  So today stand on the Truth in Your Word that we have the mind of Christ.  We claim that mind and ask that You help us to take every thought…every lie, every fear, every nightmare, every deception of the evil one… captive to the obedience of Christ.

Lord, wash Truth over each one of us.  As we read from Your living and active Word, soak it through and allow it to penetrate to the marrow of our bones.  Speak Truth and Life over every woman.  Through the power of Your Holy Spirit, shed the shining Light of Christ into each heart.  Give wisdom and discernment beyond our years to understand that which we believe we cannot understand.

Father, Your Word says we are…

Created in Your Image

Loved Unconditionally

Holy

Set Apart

Made with a Purpose

The Temple of Your Holy Spirit

And most of all Lord,

WE BELONG TO YOU!!

So many of us do not “feel” this way today, Lord.  Our eyes may read the words, our minds may have even learned the words, but because of what has happened or is happening in our lives, we just can’t BELIEVE the words.  Help us with our unbelief.  Father, teach us these Truths as if for the first time.  Show us in very real, powerful, and personal ways that these are TRUTHS from Your Word, and they will never change no matter our circumstance.

We beg of You, Father, through this study, to teach and remind us how valuable we are…that we were bought with a price….the shed blood of Your Son, Jesus.  We are Your own…sealed for eternity.  Father, enable us to stand in that shed blood and walk confidently forward…every footstep leaving a red stain to remind us we are not alone.

We pray Your protection over every woman…over their hearts, their minds, their homes, their workplaces, and their relationships.  Satan does not want healing to come.  So we tell him now, “SATAN, FLEE in the NAME OF JESUS!”  And Your Word says that he must flee.  You are our Rock and our Deliverer.  You are our Strong Tower.  To You we run, and You will protect and defend us just as Your Word says.  You, Father, are Faithful and True.

Abba, Father, Your Word tells us that You have a plan and a purpose for our lives…a plan to prosper us and not to harm us…a plan to give us hope and a future.  Many of us cannot see that plan right now.  A future seems impossible.

But, Lord, Your Word says “What is impossible with man is possible with [You].”  As we journey through each chapter and what we read seems possible for others but not for us, make it so that we will believe this TRUTH and never forget it”What is impossible with man is possible with You, and Lord we can do ALL things through You who strengthens us!”

Give us eyes to see and ears to hear all You want to speak to us.  Direct our every step.  Shine Your Light down the path and make it clear. We surrender all to You today!

In the name of Jesus Christ we ask these things, believing wholeheartedly You will be faithful to bring them to pass.  And, Father, whatever happens in and through our time together we do it all for the glory of Your Name.  AMEN.

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Amen and Amen, dear Wendy!

It’s 2:00am here in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) and I just can’t sleep. I never felt this excitement for a Bible Study before! God is really moving here, and the Study hasn’t started yet!

Wendy and Melissa, your commitment to this study inspires me! I wanna make a commitement to God, to this Bible Study and to both of you: I will support this Bible Study in prayer until it’s done. From the comments here in the posts, name by name, each beautiful woman will be remembered and put before God in my daily prayers. This is a gift to God from my heart, for the next weeks!

For what I’ve read from the comments, there are lots of broken hearts, lost lives, lots of shame, blame, hurt, pain, unforgiveness and fear. Jesus is standing here saying: Come to me as you are! And then, only then, my blood will wash away your sin, your guilt, your pain, your hurt… and I’ll heal you!
    In the powerful name of Jesus, all 2000 of us (over 2000), will end this study with our heart completely surrended to Jesus by the love, mercy and grace of God!
    And we will be called women after God’s heart! Hallelujah!

To my dear friends I want to share something:

For YEARS I had been in a dark corner. I sought for freedom and hope, but the end goal seemed too far away and TOO hard!
    I wanted instantaneous change. But God patiently taught me healing is a P-R-O-C-E-S-S, starting from one decision!

In the midst of my cry, pain and guilt, God spoke to my heart from 2 Peter 1:5-8: “…make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.…”

Dear lovely sisters,

Lysa Terkeurst once wrote: “Sometimes victory seems so far away because we measure it by the end goal. And end goals can seem overwhelmingly huge, daunting, and just plain hard to reach. Instead, if we start measuring our victories by the smaller choices we make each day, victory won’t seem so impossible.”
    YES – victories can be achieved by smaller choices! So let’s make wise small choices today, so when we look back and put them together, we’ll see how great victory we can reach!

“Big things are built one brick at a time. Victories are achieved one choice at a time. A life well lived is chosen one day at a time.”

No matter what you are going through, victory is possible today! Hallelujah!
    I’m praying for each one of you, includind you Melissa!

Blessings and love to all of you!

Michele Caséca

2. Michele Caséca says:

Amen and Amen, dear Wendy!

And we will be called women after God’s heart! Hallelujah!

To my dear friends I want to share something:

Dear lovely sisters,

No matter what you are going through, victory is possible today! Hallelujah!
    I’m praying for each one of you, includind you Melissa!

Blessings and love to all of you!

Michele Caséca

(Melissa, if it’s possible, please delete the first comment which came out as Anonymous. Just leave this second comment which is a copy from the first, but with my name on it! Thanks! It’s 3 am and the notebook is not being very friendly! Haha)

3. Thank you for such an amazing prayer! I will be sure to print it out and place it in the pages of HJ so I can stay focused on this journey. Praying for both of y’all of course.
    Love,
    HeatherB

4. YEAH!!! I’m so excited that I won one of the books!! I can’t wait to get started! I was sent straight to this site that day, through Facebook and Proverbs31, never having heard of it before…I KNOW it was God’s hand!

I’m excited to participate and give my experiences and hear those of everyone else. I’m sure that we are all going to be changed, if we allow God to do this.

I am finding out how much power prayer really has. Thank you to those who are praying daily! It was so amazing to believe that people who I don’t even know, were praying for me. THAT is how I found this bible study, through your obedience to God in prayer!! Thank you so much!!

Can’t wait to get started!
    Sandy

• Congrats Sandy! We are mailing it today. Looking forward to studying God’s Word with you!

• Anonymous says:

Sandy,

I’m so happy for you! Congrats!
      Now that you won the book, you have all you need for this Bible Study! Don’t miss the chance God has given you to heal and grow in faith!
      It’s just a small sample of God’s GREAT love and care for you, and what He can do in your life!

You are SOOOO loved!
      Blessings,

Michele Caseca

5. Barb Wall says:

Thank you so very much Wendy and Melissa—I am so excited to begin my journey with you two!!!! I am ready to have a bright wonderful Christ-filled life!! Blessings on you both and all the woman who will be on this journey!!! Barb:)

• Thank you Barb. Praying for you to experience God’s Truth like never before! So glad you are joining us for the study of this book and God’s Word.

• Michele Caseca says:

Congrats Barb!
      I’m so happy for you!
      I’m with Melissa: praying for you to experience God’s move in your life!

Sweet Blessings,

Michele Caseca

6. Michele Caseca says:

Congrats Barb!
    I’m so happy for you!
    I’m with Melissa: praying for you to experience God’s move in your life!

Sweet Blessings,

Michele Caseca

7. I think I just had an “aha” moment. I am working on finishing INS and am on Ch 9. Well the question was about rest and do I take real rest or not. And I had to answer no because even if I’m not doing something physical. I’m doing something mental or emotional because when I am totally resting mind body and soul , my past and the abuse sneaks back in which causes the wounds to reopen. It just hit me as I was finishing this study. God really does work in ways we cant understand. Now I KNOW its time to heal from the past and give my pain to Jesus, because its still there. wow wow wow.. praise God and His timing!!!

8. This will be my 1st online Bible study, so I’m not really sure what to expect. But I’m ready to let God lead the way for me. I’ve never looked into doing anything like this before & I am getting so excited to get started. I feel like God has lead me directly to this specific study & I can’t wait to see what he has in store for me through it. It’s so great to be able to feel the love that you & the others involved in this study have for all of the women that have signed up for it. I can see through your posts just how much you truly care for all of us as individuals & just how much you want for each & every one of us to find that Freedom that we’ve desired to find but up til now haven’t been successful in finding. We all want to find it but I’m sure some of us are scared still from all the times that we’ve tried to before & haven’t been able to. I know Iam. I’m also excited though & ready.
    I feel like God has great things in store for me through this book, the study & the conference calls. I want to get past what happened to me. I want to look at myself & see a beautiful woman. I want to look at myself & see that I’m worth it. I want my self worth back. I want the happiness & joy back. There are so many things about me that I haven’t seen in such a long time that I don’t remember what that me even looks like anymore. The sad thing is that it’s been so long that I actually think the me I am today is pretty good. I’ve been willing to settle for that me but now I want the whole me back & I got to this point by opening an-mail one morning & seeing your Stained & Ruined Devotion. That started this whole change process in me. Thank You so much for writing that devotion for me & everyone else that’s ever been affected by sexual abuse of any kind. I can’t wait to find the old me again. I’m done settling!

• That’s awesome! Keep saying that, “I’m done settling.” I don’t think when God created us, He ever wanted us to settle!

I hate that I even had a reason to write “Stained and Ruined.” But if it makes a difference and offers hope to you, then I can give thanks. There is a greater purpose than I could ever imagine. God knows that.

So glad we will be studying this together!
      Blessings,

9. Michele Caséca says:

Hi Tricia,

I pray our dear Father keeps restoring your energy to fight the battle. The Bible Study will be a tool and a start. The rest will come as you grow in faith and walk towards God’s will.
    You ARE beautiful… God created you! You ARE worthy… Jesus died for you!
    Happiness and joy will come as the healing begins to take place.
    But today you CAN go to bed beliving you ARE as beautiful as you are worthy. It’s a decision!

God bless you!

I’m praying for you, lovely one!

Michele Caséca

10. Mary Wingard says:

I just ordered my book! Im sitting at work right now, and had a few minutes to come to the blog. As I sat here, reading this prayer, and praying it at the same time, I was overcome with so much emotion. Im excited to start this study, but I am also afraid. Im afraid just like it said in the prayer. I can see healing for everyone else, but for myself… that is not what is suppose to happen. Satan is a jerk. Im excited for this study! Im excited to get to know you ladies a little more, and share this journey with you all. Its scary, but I think it will be even more scarier if we live a life that isnt whole and live in freedom.

Praying for you all! Thank you Melissa and Wendy! Your words have moved me so much. A person that does not allow myself to cry at all… has been wiping tears from my eyes… I pray that this study becomes a safe place for us all to be real, honest and open with what we are feeling and going through.

11. would you ladies please pray for my daughter jessica.she has had something painful occur in her life recently.she needs to trust God.it is destroying her marriage.her sweet marriage of 4 years. I am so desparate for prayer about all of this.If you could pray for her I would deeply appreciate it. Thankyou for your website and for your commitment to the Lord.