Aug 17

Is God Enough?

Is God Enough?  No one needed my devotion, which is running today on various sites, more than I did today! In fact, I had kind of forgotten it was running today and when I clicked open my email and saw it, my heart felt like God knew. He knew what I was going through and that I needed to decide today, “Melissa, Am I enough for you?”  And I thought, “Yes Lord, You are.”  I need to remember that.

If you are visiting because you read today’s Proverbs 31 devotion, welcome. I’m happy you are visiting.

Leave a comment today and you will be entered to win a copy of the next book we are studying right here on this blog. It’s going to be a life changer. A Confident Heart, by Renee Swope is our next book.  The study begins September 19th and it is going to be powerful. If you’ve ever struggled with doubt, (who hasn’t???) this is the study for you!  So far this year, 7000+ women have participated in my online studies, I’d love for you to be a part of my group too. :)

To sign up for this study, all you need to do is fill out the form in the right hand column of this blog (the sign up form is right under the Proverbs 31 logo).  Also keep checking my blog (you can sign up for updates on that too in the right hand column (where it says “subscribe to receive posts…” under my picture), because I’ll be giving away more copies of the book and conference call packages.

To participate in the study, all you need is the book, A Confident Heart, and computer access so you can be a part of the online portion of the study.  There is an optional Conference Call series, which I highly recommend. There is a cost for the Conference Calls ($15 total for all 4 calls) and we have a stellar line up of guests for you.  You can sign up for the calls here.  You can listen to the calls live or if you can’t be on live, each call is recorded so you won’t miss anything.  Each call contains a message, interviews with amazing guests, and time for Q & A. More info on the calls soon.  They fill up quick, so if you are interested, sign up soon!

If you have any questions about our next online study, email me at:  MelissaTaylorQuestions@gmail.com .

Read below, a blog post that I wrote a little over a year ago. It was written when I wrote “Is God Enough?” originally. It’s about my son, Dylan. Renee Swope read about Dylan on my blog and was so moved, she included his story in her book, A Confident Heart.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

**The following was originally posted on my blog July 2, 2010.

13 Years ago today, my 3rd son was born.  I didn’t know it at the time, but I gave birth to the sweetest child in the world that day.  Dylan Ross Taylor is my child who possesses a great amount of love for others, a smile to share daily, sensitivity towards others, a loyal disposition, and a heart of gold.  This is all true.  If I had to say anything negative about him, it would be that he carries others’ burdens way heavier than a boy his age should.  Well that and he’s a bit unorganized and easily distracted. :) Proverbs 3:5-6 are his life verses that we taught him when he was little as he has grown they have always seemed to fit.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. (NIV) (used purple because that is his favorite color)  Even at his young age, he relies on these verses, a promise from God that when we trust Him and not ourselves, He will provide direction.

It is totally a coincidence that my devotion is running on Dylan’s birthday.  Well a coincidence to me, not to God.  In my devotion I wrote about how God is enough…enough to provide for and get us through any and all situations.  His Word gives us that reassurance.  His Words give us the comfort and security we need. Dylan has also found comfort and security from God’s Word as well as the words people have spoken and prayed in his life.  Let me explain.

Dylan was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder when he was in the 1st grade. Now some of you may think that’s way too young to be given a diagnosis like that, but for my husband and I, it answered many questions.  Like, why did our son cry for hours after being disciplined (simple discipline like getting a card pulled at school)?  Why did he remain visibly upset after hearing the alarm during a routine fire drill at school or seeing a bee in the backyard at home?  Why did he worry so much about problems that weren’t his own?  Why did he have acid reflux so often and there was no physical reason for it?  Why did he perform well on tests with no time limit but bomb on tests with a time limit?  Anxiety.  And with his diagnosis came education and knowledge on how to best treat it and help Dylan.  He began taking medication, which helped a great deal.  We also learned how to adjust various other factors in Dylan’s life. Two things provided Dylan great comfort. One was that his mom’s friends were praying for him.  The other was God’s Word.

When Dylan was 9 years old, he had to have a lot of lab work done involving needles and the drawing of blood. Anxiety disorders and needles don’t go well together in case you are wondering.  He practically hyperventilated just hearing what would be done to him.  His breathing became short and he went into panic mode just listening to the doctor explain what needed to be done. Since we had been working with Dylan on speaking up for what he needed, he decided this was a good time to put that into practice and I’ll never forget it.  He said,”Can we please wait 1 week to do this lab work please?”  The doctor asked, “Why?”  To which Dylan replied, “I’d like to get my mom’s friends to pray for me.”  The doctor replied with an absolute, “Certainly, that’s a great idea.”  We got home and Dylan said to me, “Mom, if you will get all of your praying friends to please pray for me to be brave and unafraid, I know it will work.”  So of course, I did.  And let me tell you what my sweet praying friends did.  They did pray for him, but not only that, they emailed letters to Dylan sharing with him their exact prayers and their words of encouragement.  Dylan believed them and he believed in the power of prayer. He believed that God heard these prayers and a week later, we went to the lab.  When it was time, I could tell Dylan was nervous, but he kept saying, “God is with me and will get me through this. Trust the Lord with all my heart…” At that moment he needed to decide, Is God enough to get me through this. He obviously decided Yes. The nurse stuck the needle in his arm and the blood was drawn.  5 viles full.  When it was over, Dylan exclaimed, “That’s it?  It’s over?  The prayers worked!”

Don’t you just love that story?  I do. I printed all of those prayers from my friends. We still look at them today. They are Dylan’s (and mine) reminder that God is faithful.

I know many of you (me included) have experienced or are experiencing circumstances that leave you distraught, afraid, or uneasy. Life is hard and often our only real choice is to trust God with all our heart and rely on Him. That alone is enough and I pray that you believe and trust in that. God is enough.

In honor of Dylan’s 13th birthday, if you leave a comment, I will pray Dylan’s verses for you by name today.  Have a great day and thanks again for stopping by.  Love and blessings!  <3

Leave a comment today and you will receive a double blessing. #1, you will be entered to win a copy of A Confident Heart.  #2, I will pray Proverbs 3:5-6 for you personally.

Have a FABULOUS, CONFIDENT,  “God is Enough” Day!

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

*tears* I was diagnosed with panic attacks, phobia, and depression many years ago.
    Melissa, instead of praying for me, could you please pray for my daddy? He had prostate cancer and God healed him. Soon after, he had colon cancer and is currently undergoing the last half of chemotherapy. He has had complications with his platelet and other levels causing him to postpone chemotherapy until they’re up again prolonging his therapy. Please pray this second and last past of chemotherapy does not cause any complications, the Lord clears his body of any cancer cells. Also that he would be gentler on my mom as she is his primary caretaker and has taken out his frustration, anxieties, fears, etc on her verbally and emotionally. Pray for mom for strength, courage, peace and Gods overflowing love. Thank you sooooo much. Continued blessings to you and yours.

2. Hilda Quintanilla says:

3. Love your devotion. I remember it from last year and how it really helped me at that time. Thank you for the chance to win the book.

4. Dear Melissa- Our God is so wise and His timing is perfect ! I am facing a medical test tomorrow that has me filled with anxiety and your blog was the first thing I read this morning! The second thing I read was Karen Ehman’s devotional at Proverbs 31 about the triple-braided cord of sisters who pray and support each other–WOW–what an anxiety buster! So thank you for your blog and your prayer for me – I accept it with open arms and humility and I thank Jesus for giving us the ability to love and care for each other.I can’t wait for the new study. I pray for you all too.

5. Dianne McKagan says:

Dylan sounds like he is a son to treasure! I taught elementary students for 25 years, and I always thought that the sooner in a young child’s life you could find answers for his or her problems, the sooner you could work on helping that child become confident and productive. Thank you for doing that! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could all look at God’s ways through the eyes of your 9 year old?! Pure trust! No extra strings attached, no filters on our eyes to say “yes, but…” Just the feeling that “God can, God will, and I will let Him!”

Thank you so much for this Proverbs 31 Ministries. I read it every day, and share with others. Take care… Angel hugs to you, all the other Jesus Girls, and especially to Dylan!

6. Blessings and hope have come to my heart through your post, Mellisa. Thank you for sharing. <3

7. Just read your story about Dylan! Anxiety is something I have been dealing with for a long time and have hide it pretty well from others not wanting them to know the inner struggle i am having . And last night at bible study the subject was anxiety and the bible gives the perfect perscription and it is PRAYER! thanks for sharing I will continue to battle my anxiety with lots of prayer

patty

8. Marlene Arroyo says:

I am new to this …but you sent me an e-mail, I read this and couldn’t believe it. I too have a son like Dylan…stories are so alike I cried. But that is not why I am writng.
    I am writing because I just lost my job. I was terminated. I wasn’t too worried thinking I could at least receive unemployment till I filed and spoke to them three weeks later only so they could tell me that that they are conducting an investigation so it could be three months before I get a response on whether I will get any benefits. I instantly panicked because, I don’t have enough savings and I just bought a home. In which within a year I have paid the home down a good bit.
    I called the bank they said they might be able to help but it would take a few months meanwhile keep sending in the payments. Imagine my frustration, worry and panic. I don’t want my credit ruined it took me years to it back after a divorce that left me and my son homeless. I don’t want to go back to that.
    This is when I need all the material I can get on how to trust God, prayer and support. I don’t have family support that I can count on. I have a small child to maintain; with little and or no child support coming in. My son’s name is Jordan his dad walked out about nine years ago and never looked back.
    I just started to go to church not too far from my house so I don’t know a soul there. I feel alone and scared. I consider myself to be a strong women for the most part but I can’t seem to get myself together lately…every day I get up early but it’s a roller coaster.. I want to believe God with all my heart and soul and I do for a minute then doubt creeps in.
    I want to share with others but I want to share something positive in my life that God has done for me. So far he has given me you and the opportunity to write this and share with others and allowed me get up one more day to a beautiful sunny day.
    Thank you for the time and verses.

9. You are a blessing Melissa. Thanks for all you do.

10. Hey Melissa!

I just received my email this morning for your blog post, looks like I’m a day late… but anyhow, I just want to wish Mr. Dylan a Very Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! Hope he enjoyed his day :). Also, Proverbs 3:5-6 have been a very important and helpful in my life as well, I guess you can say they have been my life verses as well. They were instilled in me when I was younger by one of my favorite uncles, I will never forget and I tell people all the time how every time we ended dinner prayer, he always added “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths”. I love this! Tell Dylan he couldn’t have chosen a better life verse :) Love ya!

11. Very moving devotion and I’m looking forward to starting the bible study with you.

12. Ree Orsatti says:

Hi Melissa, This is the third comment I am starting to write you, as the other two, two or three paragraphs later, went away while I was typing it on my laptop. I am 66 years old, and a computer whiz I am not. I type extremely past, and my fingers always end up hitting a key they should not, and I lose what I have just typed. I have no idea how to retrieve it. So, I will try to be short this time.
    I loved your message today. Is God Enough? It has taken me a long time to believe that, but I know my God is enough. He made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. Knowing that God is enough and believing it every minute of every day is sometimes challenging for us all. I am divorced for 9 years after a 33-year (for the most part) unhappy marraige. I stuck it out as long as I could. My ex was and most probably still is a mental abuser. He is remarried to a woman who is perfect for him because she is as tough as he is. He chooses not to speak to me, even at family functions, and that is very hard for me. We have two sons, 39 and 36 1/2. Blair, the younger son – married with 2 girls, 12 and 8, has bypolar and has had it for over 10 years—-we just did not know it until 4 years ago. We should have figured it out, as Blair has been in and out of jobs for the past 10 years. My ex refused to accept it until Blair finally had to go in a facility for 20 days so they could regulate his medicines. It has been very hard for me and for Blair because neither of us had much support from Blair’s father. When there is sickness of any kind in any family, family support is so important. God and God alone has gotten me through it this far through a lot of prayers from my sister and her family who lives a 12-hr drive from me. My prayer request is that you and your prayer partners will pray for me and mostly for Blair. Specifically, Blair, who has been out of work since 2/11, has been offered two jobs, one, an inside 9 to 5 (he has always done outside sales and loves it) sales job with a salary that is at least enough to meet his monthly bills, full benefits, 401K, commission later,etc, and the other one is a 1099 job offered to him by a past acquaintance (college buddy who has been extremely successful doing this job) selling a high tech real estate marketing product Blair really believes in, but he would not receive any pay until he has learned the product and had the opportunity to initially go door-to-door to all the top real estate offices and hopefully make a lot of sales. Blair is an excellent salesman, but he told me yesterday his confidence has waned because he has been out of work so long. The 1099 job offers a greater opportunity to make a lot of money and the opportunity to meet many more people (Blair is definitely a people person), but he, Blair, feels he needs money now because his residual savings is almost completely gone. On the other hand, the thing that scares him about the W-2 job is that it is INSIDE sales, and his doctor told him it is best for him to have a job he likes because of the particular type of bypolar he has. My advice to him was to first give it to the Lord and wait on Him to help him feel good about the choice he will make. I, of course, encouraged him about his abilities, etc because I really do believe Blair can sell just about anything. Blair has accepted Christ in his heart (last Oct.) which was a miracle, believe me, but,as a new Christian, his faith wanes when times get tougher. He always says things to me like, “Mom, I want to be able to see God and touch Him; I really do believe in Him and Jesus; I just need to know He has heard me.” I tell him God always hears us, and He knows everything there is to know about us all. I tell him God will convict his heart when he is doing something he shouldn’t do or saying something he shouldn’t say. I told him to get on him knees and pour his heart out to God about this job delimma. I know my God is a great God, and He will hear Blair. I have prayed for him like that, and with others praying for Blair too, I know God will hear and help him.

Thank you for reading this long e-mail. I didn’t mean to make it so long. I just have a heavy heart for my son, and I am reaching out to other children of God for prayer. Also, thank you again for your story about your son. That is a very sweet story, and praise you and your husband for rearing your children in the way they should go. I didn’t always do that when I was young, and I regret it now. God is good, as he is helping me counsel my son today.

God Bless you,

Ree Orsatti, 8/18/11

13. Meri Horn says:

I signed up for the course, but did not receive a confirming email. I will try again. Would like to be entered for the drawing for the book. Thank you

14. I have tears as I read this beautiful post and as I wait for a phone call within the hour telling me if my mom has breast cancer. Her lymphoma is currently in remission. Please lift my mom up (and dad) as we await this news. My prayer is God will allow the results to be CLEAR. She has been through so much, losing her dad and brother & sister to cancers. Thank you for all you do to spread His word & love! xoxo

15. I love how I just stumbled upon your devotion. Can’t really tell you how it happened but I know this, God was in this “stumbled upon.” God knew I needed your devotion today and even the story of your son to encourage my heart. I too, like so many, have been deeply wounded by people. After that I started a process of shutting people out, including God. No one was going to hurt me again, I was going to make sure of it! But my loving God Who is always in hot pursuit of His people, spoke to my heart and brought me back to a personal intimate relationship with Him. People will fail me, but God never will. YES, God is always enough, more than enough! He is my most treasured possession and according to Exodus 19:5, I know I am His as well. That makes my heart happy! Thank you for sharing from your heart. Proverbs 3:5-6 has also been my meditation of late and also Psalms 37:23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly, He delights in every detail of their life. Joshua 1:5-9 is another favorite that I have felt God speak to my heart. I am not altogether sure of where God is leading me to minister, but I know my giftedness is teaching and I know that God is with me wherever I go (Joshua 1:9). So I am excited to see God’s good plan for my life even in the diffcult situation I am facing now, I can shout boldly and confidently, My God is enough no matter the out come! In Him I will always trust knowing He works everything out for my good! May God richly bless you and your family today. I am anxious to start the the book study with you :)

16. JJ Williams says:

It’s always wonderful to know that others are asking the same questions…that we’re not alone in our doubts. It’s even more amazing when just as we begin to think God isn’t listening, He always comes through. Boy…did I need your devotion yesterday! And, opening the email today to have it reiterated was such a blessing. Thank you Melissa for allowing God to use you as His tool. You and your son, Ross, are in my prayers.

Jessica

17. Teresa Hall says:

What an incredible story- my heart goes out to Dylan- I have had my share of frustration learning to trust God through Generalized Anxiety Disorder– so I have been extremely encouraged by Dylan’s strength and faith- as well as his mamma’s! Thanks for the blessing today! Teresa

18. Hi, Melissa. I just read your blog and let me say, I’m grinning from ear to ear. I love seeing God’s work being done and seeing His faithful people being rewarded. You are an amazing woman of God and you have blessed more than you will ever know just by your faith alone. God bless you and your family! :)

19. I loved the devotion “Is God Enough”. Yes He is enough but it is great to be reminded. I really, really needed this today. Thank you so much and many blessings to you and your family.

20. Luisa Rowe says:

I feel like hugging Dylan in the part where he asked you to have your prayerful friends to pray for him. I’m so amazed that at his age, he knows whom to get help, first from God, second the combined effort of prayer partners. The story made my tears flow, You and your husband had done a great job in raising Dylan, he knows the meaning of God is enough. Our God is greater!!!!! God bless us all

21. Desiree Collins says:

Hello, your son’s faith is great! To look to our Father at an early age, is good teaching and will lead him to great destinies in the future!

22. Thank you for a wonderful devotion. It really helped me put into perspective problems that would other wise be overwelming, But with our mighty God nothing is too overwelming to face. He is enough! and it was really great to remember that and all the problems don’t seem so scarey anymore! I am looking forward to reading this book.

23. Susan Rupert says:

Dear Melissa,
    I have been wanting a lady’s study bible group for so long. My church does not have one at this time. I follow Renee and Lysa daily and are very excited to now be a part of your blog as well. I was so excited when I saw you were going to do a bible study on Renee’s book. Thank you so much for being a servant of God to do his work. I so look forward to this journey with you.
    Sincerely
    Susan

24. Treva Buchanan says:

Wow so much has been going on this past few weeks from the starting of school (and all the stress involved in getting prepared) to my youngest daughter’s 6th birthday, Maddie. This last week marks 1 yr from when we found out Maddie had been possibly sexually molested by a 2nd grader. This past year we’ve had up’s and down’s. We’ve spent countless nights praying and crying and asking God why. God has brought healing to our little girl and to our family. This past year she’s been diagnosed w/ODD, PTSD and ADHD. We still don’t know all the details of what completely happened, don’t know if we ever will. Day by day we go through new obstacles with Maddie. She gets frustrated so easily and then in a heartbeat can cry and get upset over something so small. It’s definitely taken a lot of patience from our family. Both sides of our family doesn’t really understand why at times Maddie acts the way she does. We can’t discipline her like my 10 yr old daughter. It’s been rough but God has seen us through every step of the way. Since it’s been a yr since everything’s happened, I know subconsciously I’ve been overwhelmed with it all. Yesterday I read the devotion and it hit home. Yesterday driving home from work the song “Blessings” by Laura Story played on Air1. I started crying. I’ve been taking guitar lessons for almost 6 months now and I knew the minute I heard that song that I had to learn to play it. It was God’s song to me and my family. I got really frustrated last night, a bunch of family things happened and I started to get a really terrible headache. I woke up this morning w/the same headache. I pulled myself out of bed, did the morning routines w/the girls and on my way to work I felt the Holy Spirit whisper “Is God enough???” my response…YES! God is enough! Thank you for allowing God to use you to help so many of us women. God is faithful and will continue to be faithful! Be Blessed!

25. Linda ward says:

Thank you so much for sharing Dylan’s story . It is great to hear of a young person with such faith to trust God in everything. I share the same life verses with Dylan
    and God has proven over and over again that if we trust He will lead .

26. Sonja Parker says:

Melissa,
    I thank you for this devotional. It met me in my time of need to hear a reminder of reassurance that HE is ALWAYS enough. Continued blessings to you & your ministry.

27. Looking forward to the study! I’m hoping to get the book early September….of course, winning it would be awesome!

28. Thank you, Melissa for sharing this today. We see dealing with struggles and attitude issues with my own 13yo boy. I haven’t forgotten God is there, but I still needed the reminder in my spirit.

29. Thanks for sharing your devotional “Is God Enough?”. Looking forward to your upcoming study “A Confident Heart”!

30. Tami Van Vleet says:

I’ve had to ask myself many of the same questions you posed in your devotional about is God enough in …….And of course, thankfully, He always is. Today is a day that several things are tumbling in on me and I’ve had to cry out to Him this morning “Help me! I can’t do this!” cause it’s overwhelming and I’m just tired of crying. But I know He’s there and He will. Thank you for reminding me.

31. :) What a wonderful story about Dylan and the power of prayer!!! God is so good and to see Him working so magically through a young man….Praise Be!!!

Am so looking forward to starting this new bible study with you!! It starts on my birthday and I just know that I was meant to be in this study!

Blessings to you for all your hard work and the passion you pour into and onto us.

32. Melissa, bless you for sharing with us the story of your son, Dylan, and his gigantic faith! What a beautiful, godly model you are to him, showing him how to trust God through all the challenges life sends. As all of us, I’ve gone through some very difficult times, and my life verse is the one posted on your site: Jeremiah 29:11-14. God has been my lifeline! So many times the only way I got through was to know his hand was gripping mine, and he would not let me slip away! Your blog, your bible studies, your life’s example are such a gift! Thank you for answering God’s call to minister in His name!

Would you please pray for my son, Daniel, and my daughter, Sarah? They have been struggling in search of a job for many months now, and each have hope of an offer coming through this week. If it’s God’s will…

33. I’m wrapping you in prayer today, Melissa, as you carry your burdens. “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27)

34. Melissa, God is wonderful and can handle all of our burdens if we would just have the child like faith as your son has. Thats all it takes and I struggle with that daily. My son is also 13 and has anxiety disorder. It is very hard for him at times because no one understands the pressure of life it puts on a boy at that age but I continue to pray for him that God will give him the strength he needs and will be praying for your son as well.

Thank you so much!!

35. Claret Belle says:

Thank you so such for your devotion. I just found out because of this devotion that I have always wondered if God is enough but never verbalized it. I suffer with anxiety when driving and always felt better when someone is in the car with me, doubting my abilities and fearing that God would not help me. However, he has helped me and I just received the book by Renee and will definitely sign up for the study and the conference calls. Thank God that your son knows the Word of God and I too have a grandson who loves the Word of God. God’s plan is perfect and I am so grateful that he has led me to this book and your study. Blessings and prayers to those who have commented. Thanks for the prayer.

36. Thank you for sharing this. It is such a good reminder that God is enough! I struggle at times when going through a difficult situation and I do not see a solution to remember, GOD IS ENOUGH!

37. I would love to win a copy of A Confident Heart. I am a newlywed and am not able to spend alot of money that isn’t in our budget. Thanks for letting everyone know about the bible study. Hope to be able to take part.

38. Crystal Hall says:

I was so blessed by your devotion. I have 3 children and am a stay-at-home mom. My two oldest are in 4th and 5th grade and my baby just turned 2. I am bombarded with self-doubt and I am beginning to see it in my children, especially in my oldest, who stays way too stressed for an 11 year old! I know my God is enough, but I have to remind myself daily to actually believe that in ALL things-no matter how small the situation. I want to instill God-confidence in my children, not self-confidence. Day by day God is revealing new things…and I continue to be a work in progress. These have been the verses I have been claiming for the last several months: “Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lam. 3:21-24

39. Catrena Naccarato says:

I am looking forward to the next study. God knew I needed to see this today. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

40. Melissa ,
    Thank you for sharing Dylan’s victory through prayer. I read his story with tears in my eyes. I have been encouraging, my son, husband, and self with Proverbs 3:5-6. We may have to move hundreds of miles away from my young adult son, elderly parents, church, and friends to find jobs. I pray that the Lord will provide so that we may continue to live here. Looking forward to your study

41. Angela Postlethwait says:

What a blessing to have Dylan inspiring others by his faith and trust in God. My daughter Serenity is 13 and also has GAD and Selective Mutiny. She gets so stressed when someone talks to her that she cannot respond…she is freezes up. Prayer does help and make get feel better. She whispers to me when she wants to tell someone something. She doesn’t speak to her father, grandparents and other family members. So I can help her grow in faith and trust in the Lord. I will share your story of Dylan with her and I know it will bring a smile to her face! May Dylan have a glorious birthday!

42. Angela Postlethwait says:

Correction: Selective mutism is my daughters diagnosis. Spell check was not on when I submitted post.

43. Veniesha Villafana says:

This was the encouragement I needed for today. I felt overwhelmed and tired and at the end of my road. But as I read your devotional, my soul felt refreshed and my heart answered YES, GOD IS ENOUGH!!!! Thank you!

44. I am new to both yours’ and Renee’s sites. How I look forward to exploring and reading more from them! I can’t say I have ever participated in an online Bible study before. I sure look forward to the new experience and hope I can start with Renee’s book. Imagine the added blessing to win your gracious gift of the added conference calls, as well!

Thanks for sharing your faith in such a powerful way, in what our great and good God is doing in your life and family.

45. Lisa Taylor says:

I can’t wait for the new Bible study to start…..Thanks for doing the online Bible studies…..Lisa

46. Melissa,
    A wonderful, encouraging story about Dylan. I, too, have anxiety attacks. Usually they are manageable, but lately they have been pretty debilitating. The only thing that gets me through the day is God’s promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me. I would appreciate prayer for myself and my daughter. She is 18 and suffers anxiety also. I can’t get her to go and talk to anyone, so I’m at a loss as to what to do. But I know prayer works. Thank you so very much.
    Susan

47. God is enough!!

48. Maureen Brady says:

Greetings.
    Mellisa that was a lovely testimony about Dylan and the power of prayer. Knowing we are never alone no matter what the circumstance is a wonderful thing. Not only is God enough but He is all I need.

I have suffered from chronic pain since I was a child. I have had to endure many surgeries and procedures which have also caused me a lot of fear and anxiety. Chronic illness can cause despair, isolation and helplessness for the patient and their families.

I got to the point in my life that I felt I could not go on. It was just too difficult. There was no way I could bear it any longer. I believed my life was pointless and not worth the effort.

It wasn’t until I started thanking God for all things did I understand. It was not physically but spiritually I needed the real healing. In all things there is a purpose and and plan. Jesus said to Paul,”My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakmnessso that Christ’s power will rest on me” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

There was my purpose! If this is the cross I am to bear for Christ then I must do it althought it is not easy. I still experience self doubt, insecurity and fear. God has proven faithful in that,although I am collecting Social Security Disability, financially I still manage to keep afloat.

It is hard to seek God in the midst of great trails. I thank Him for these trials because I know that He is building endurance and perserverance allowing me to grow more as I depend on Him. I saw this in Dylan too! He knows he need God, what a gift as such a young age!

49. Yes, God is enough…I need to rely on and believe that 24/7.

50. Thank you. I appreciate your prayers.