Sep 26

I Stink At Life

Yep…that’s what I put on Twitter 2 days ago.  And I meant it.  The whole post read like this: I stink at life.Try to be honest but sometimes I wonder if I should keep more to myself? Being real vs. Being reserve?? Idk. Care to share?

Gotta be real here…I wear my heart my sleeve.  If I feel it, I often say it.  Not always a good thing.  Sometimes being real comes back to bite me.  At the same time…I wouldn’t be any other way.  It’s who I am.

Here’s what a few Twitter followers had to say.  Good stuff:

I think the challenge is sharing what&when God wants you to share. Sometimes being real, is more about being obedient to Him.

I have the same problem. I think I scare people off by being too real! Result 4 me is loneliness and pain.

I  feel the same way… But I think u are amazing and am grateful to be in contact with someone so real! U r a blessing!

BUT…YOU are helping lots of women…so be real. :)

Feel the same way! :) How much should you share and keep to yourself? And who cares enough to listen & is it helpful?

You don’t stink at life. You care!

We should always be transparent, but vulnerable with a safe few.

We have to be careful and prayerful to recognize the levels to which we can be real with various people in our lives.

… Gotta be real! Honor yourself with who you are always.

It’s a fine line that’s for sure.  Being me is one of my biggest doubts!  I question myself.  At the same time, I’ve tried to cover me up and it didn’t work so well.
Y’all, we don’t need to cover who we are.  There will be people who will try to tell us who we are isn’t good enough.  We have to know who were are in Christ…we have to know what God’s Word says about us…because in this world we will fall short. We will disappoint.
We won’t measure up.
I stink at life.
But God is bigger.  He loves us.  His promises are enough. We don’t have to listen to the voices that don’t believe in us. God always believes in us.Doubt surrounds us.  God’s love conquers doubt.
His Princess, Love Letters From Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd is a book that has helped me overcome my doubt and believe God and His Word. I’d like to give you a chance to win this book today.  Author, Sheri Rose Shepherd, is the very first conference call guest on our series this study. I am so honored to have her join us!  Comment here today how this study has encouraged you so far and you will be entered to win. Winner announced Wednesday morning.
Let me hear from you.  How has Chapter 2 spoken to you so far?  What about the memory verse?  Please do share!
Ladies, if you feel similar to me…let me just tell you, YOU DON’T STINK AT LIFE!!!   Yes, we might mess up.  Yes we might be a little too real or trusting at times.  But no matter what just be yourself.  And I’m gonna try to keep doing that too.
Love and Blessings!  I Love Y’all!  <3

Comments

1. Amy Kellenburger says:

I read and read and read and what is standing out to me is this: JESUS is there – no matter where we are JESUS is there. Love this! Blessing you to all!

2. I just ran across your site and your study from a friend who posted it on facebook. God knew that I needed this so much right now. I am struggling so much at how much I feel like I fail at things. I look at success in a worldly view instead of how God looks at it. Just getting started but I can already tell that this is just what I needed when I needed it most. Thanks for all you put into this to help so many who are in my same position.

3. “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. 1 John 4:16

This study is encouraging to me as I see just how many other women are in the same shape I am. I tend to put on a facade that everything is ok to others, when it really isn’t — don’t really want others to know the real me.

Thank you so much for this study and allowing God to use you in a mighty way!!!

4. Melissa, Like you, I’m an open book. I love sharing my life and my gift/talents. My husband has reminded me to “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23 NLT. He reminds me b/c he loves ME. It is when others judge me or ignore me that hurts my feelings. I have mentioned that I graduated from nursing school with my BSN at 49 y/o. That was/is a really big deal for someone that grew up with ADD when ADD wasn’t diagnosed. I didn’t think I was very smart. How many family members or friends congratulated me or acknowledged that I graduated from nursing school? My parents (not my husband’s parents) and one of our adult children. So when I share too much of myself on FB or on my blog, I look to the only one who cheers for me every step of the way: our Savior!

• Hi Melissa,

I don’t know you but CONGRATULATIONS for graduating with a BSN !! I am in the healthcare field also and that is a HUGE accomplishment! I’m in my mid-forties and the old brain is definitely not like it was even 10-15 years ago!! May your nursing career be a place where you can let Jesus shine!

Liesl

5. I just finished reading Chapter 2 (I know, a day late on my assignment – being real and honest here!) and the section I hi-lited and starred was on page 43 – “The only way we’ll have a confident heart is if we move beyond knowing about God to knowing and relying on Him – to depending on His Word with our whole heart, mind and soul.”
    I know I’ve been “on the surface” way too long and I’ve been seeking to go “below the surface” but not doing my part and putting in the time and effort.
    “Today WILL be the day that the gospel of grace moves from my head to my heart. Today WILL be the day I take my first step out of the shadows of doubt and start really living in THE TRUTH!”

I’m so inspired and moved! Thank you for this study!
    ~ Kris

6. This statement from chapter two really stuck with me and made me reflect: “Slowly we begin to believe we have to be perfect to be loved and accepted.” The pressure to be perfect has always been a weight on my shoulders. Growing up with a military dad that inisited, required, and expected perfection made life so stressful. The thought of making a mistake, to this day, makes me so tense.

I’m learning that God is love. He loves me just as much on the days that I make mistakes as he does on the days that are my best. What a comforting thought…that God loves and accepts me even when I mess up and am imperfect.

7. Vonnie Kronk says:

I try to be my Old-self and I thought that was a good person & pleasing to God BUT now I am handicapped from an recent accident so I don’t know how to be my New-self very good. I’m trying to learn that God still loves me in my New-self.

8. Angela Wolfe says:

“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” Phil. 1:6

This book is touching my heart more than I expected. I have few people I am deeply honest with when it comes to my struggles. My best Chistian girlfriend is one and today must have been the day God wanted both of us to grow…She is joining us in this study! How awesome it is to have someone to go on this journey with. Thank you for sharing and helping me grow…

9. LeAnne Bell says:

I dont just stink at life, I am a mess. I look at others and feel they have it all together and I struggle to just put on the ‘fake’ face I wear all day. Trying to be strong in my blessed life when others go through so much. My fear is how I would hande a real test of both my faith and my life. Being a part of this group has changed how I hear the voice in my head. In just the first week, when I feel the fear creep in I go immediately to the memory verse and start practicing. It has helped to redirect my thoughts from fear-based to God-based…which is where I prefer to be. Blessings to you all for your efforts!

10. Melissa, I have the other problem – – keeping things to myself. I’m sure it is insecurity and the fear of being rejected. I admire who you are! Chapter Two has shown me that what I’m really looking for is being accepted and loved regardless of the circumstances of life! Come Lord Jesus! :-)

11. I can completely relate! I often feel this way. And of course, there are always those negative nellies who will tell you that you do in fact suck or shouldn’t share so much etc. But what it boils down to is obedience. If God told me to tell my story (which he did and it hasn’t always been easy) then I have to do it or face disobedience. If God is for me, what can man do to me? And so I tell my story and I’m real, transparent, and vulnerable and sometimes it HURTS. People are cruel, even behind a facade of being a “Christian”. If they are in fact believers, God’s going to eventually convict their hearts over the things they’ve said. If they are not believers, I pray someday they will know Him and repent. YOU DO NOT SUCK. Seriously, though I don’t comment often, I do read and enjoy that you are such a HUGE encouragement to soooo many women! That is important work!

Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

12. Chapter two has been kind of….a punch to the gut, I suppose. Don’t get me wrong, it was a much needed punch! I was reading about “Sam” and I was like “that’s me.” A divorce, so many failed relationships after the divorce, the catty comments from “friends”. Even now that I’m married to a wonderful man, I don’t really see friends from before, because the comments don’t always stop just because your bad habits do. I actually even left church for that exact reason. I also had to sit for a moment and absorb the last part of the chapter, because growing up, at every church camp, I’d be the kid in the back thinking “wait, am I really saved? Maybe I should go up again, just in case God didn’t hear/believe me the first time.” So I have to tell you, I really, really appreciate this book and Bible study because every bit has opened my eyes to something about myself.

13. This study is great! :-) My relationship problems haven’t been so much with men, but women have been a huge source of heartache for me. Maybe why Sam was at the well in the middle of the hot day. To avoid all her other women ‘friends’ at the well. I am in a womens group (the elite.. in the church) now and I don’t think they take me seriously. I made the mistake of telling the leader a few things I was dealing with and I feel like maybe she has less respect for me now. Also, there was some offense with me and a friend in the group that is kind of fixed but still weird.

I left there last night feeling so heavy like “what am I doing there”. But I prayed about it and I am not going to quit or react to these feelings of insignificance and insecurity. They cannot have power over me, nor can these women. I will not allow it. I am determined to keep going and put my confidence and trust in the Lord and overcome.

Plus if I can fill up on the Lords Love and live in that, he will strenthen me and help me wash away these feelings / doubts.

14. Yanna Westmoreland says:

Melissa, I stink at life too, my biggest fear is unforgiveness for words I have said, hurts I have caused, mistakes I have made. My biggest worry is what to say when my heart tells me I need to say something to a loved one. The only saving grace from my own doubts, turmoil going on in my head is filling my thoughts with Him. With scripture memory, with His Word, with thankfulness, His goodness, love, mercy. Reminding myself all the time I am not in control God is. Giving my fears , mistakes, and worries to Him. That frees me to be the woman God made me to be and is making me to be. A testimony to His love and forgivesness, His plans for me, my walk with Him. Thank you for your honesty and openness and standing by me so I know I am not alone and through your devotion I will stay focused with a Confident Heart!

15. Melissa thank you so much seems like you have a way of putting my thoughts and fears to words. I won’t throw away my confidence because I want the promises. These Bible Studies have helped me to branch out, to trust other people and join groups I never thought about before. I love this study.

16. I was complaining to a friend, whining really, just this morning of all the things that are wrong with me. When I sat down and read Chapter 2 it was like it was written specifically for me. It’s exactly how I have felt for almost all of my life. I told her I was hopeless…just this morning. The Scriptures and the story of Sam really spoke to me. I am not hopeless. That is a lie. Because God’s love is perfect, I don’t have to be!”

17. Thanks Melissa for letting us all know that sometimes even you feel like you stink at life! It is so encouraging when someone in a position of leadership admits that they too have struggles. Thanks for being real…it is a blessing!
    Christina

18. I love this book! Chapter 2 is just how I feel. I pretend a lot that things are ok to protest myself. I feel like most people just really are not interested in how I’m really doing. And the few times I have opened up, I have been hurt.

19. Shirley Beesmer says:

Melissa, we are thankful for your openness. It allows us to feel and to share what is happening in our lives and I feel that God wants us to be more transparent as Christians and as brothers and Sisters. I have been exactly where you are and I go there sometimes myself. God most always redirects me but it is usually through my sisters in Christ. Again Thanks, Melissa!

20. It’s amazing to me how in just 2 chapters of this book/bible study, I already see a change in the perception I have of myself! My husband even notices it, too! I’ve always seen myself at a failure… I struggled with friendships, relationships, I even thought I was a failure as a mother after only a few weeks when I couldn’t breastfeed my daughter! Turns out, the roots of this confidence issue started many years ago, and with this study, I was actually able to pinpoint a time when I first felt insecure with myself. I’m so grateful that God had spoken to Renee about this matter and encouraged her to write this book. Many thank you’s to Melissa and her team for turning this into a very successful bible study, and I continue to pray for all the women who are working on their confident hearts! :)

21. sheila coito says:

To tell you the truth, haven’t strted ch 2 yet, lol. thats why i was logging on. just to check in first! lol. Ever since quitting my career as a nurse(which was about the only thing i am confident about) to care for my ill -but getting better, praise God- son, I have been a wreck! Just out of control and unmet expectations of myself and my family…This book, even JUST chapter one, has helped me ease up on myself. But I gotta go hurry and read ‘cos Buggie gets out of preschool in 1hr and 20 min and this may be my only quiet today! :) Takecare ladies!

22. It is so incredible to me to see how many of us struggle with the same or similar fears and insecurities that each of us feel so alone in. I absolutely love and relate to the acronym Renee gives for “fine”- frazzled, irritated, neurotic, and exhausted. Praise God for the healing that is beginning and will continue through this wonderful study!

23. Well, I kinda look at it like this anymore. If I’m not myself (which I’m just like you) I’m real and honest, than I’m pretending to be someone I’m not. So I just try to be careful who I put myself out there with. People know when I’m having a rough day and people know when I’ve got it all together (not so often). Just be yourself. God has made you that way for a reason. You will minister to people and have more exciting times in your life than most people. Let me guess…..there is never a dull moment in your life???? Girlfriend we are sisters!!!!!!!

24. Chapter two speaks to women to find their significance in Him. It goes into much more detail than that simple phrase. Our identity, significance, and our confidence is complete only in Him.

I love this chapter.

25. Yes, I’m late in posting on this blog as well. But I still wanted to share what this chapter has meant to me when reading it. It’s crazy how much I can see myself in this chapter and how much I relate to it. I love the story of the woman and the well, it speaks to me so much. I feel just like her sometimes, like i’m trying to get through the day. Another thing that stood out to me was from page 40 it reads, “So many times we go through the motions, doing the same things over and over again, hoping something will change. Few of us realize that this repetition is the definition of insanity. Let’s not look back and wish we’d done things differently. Let’s go beneath the surface with Jesus so He can show us places in our hearts that need His repair.” I love this because so often I just go through the motions. Walking around my small college campus pretending that everything is okay, and just doing what I have to do to pretend like everything is perfect when its not. The only way to really get past this is to go to Jesus and let him fix it, I can’t fix myself….as much as i try to.

• Stephanie,

I so hear you. That also speaks to me. My Pastor has given that definition of insanity for quite some time now and everytime he says it, I always think of the things I started out trying to accomplish but never did, the things that I want to accomplish, but never do because of the same old cycle…over and over and over again. Crazy. But thank God for Jesus who is the Author and Finisher of our faith. He knows and sees and understands and this time, by His Spirit, I truly believe that we can push past where we are stuck, that this time, allowing Him to work with us and through us, we can be the Conquerors that He says we are. I wish you the best and know that Jesus can fix us. He’s the Master Fixer! Love you.

26. Jenny Lewis says:

Finally, finally got my book since it was backordered. Can hardly wait to start on it. Just reading the comments here is encouraging. It is so easy to feel alone and insecure when I get caught up looking at how others seem so together.

27. Lisa Taylor says:

28. Lisa Taylor says:

It is a lot of help for me learning there are others that have the same feelings I do , about being so insecure….I am looking for ward to reading the rest of the book and learn how to have more confidence….. Thank you for doing such a great job….

29. Last week I read the memory verse over and over and I just wasn’t feeling it until a girl friend told me how she had been praying and believing God even though her circumstances were bleak. She had several awesome things happen that could only be from God. It was such a light bulb moment. My friend prayed and followed God’s will and was richly rewarded!
    Sunday I was sitting on my patio reading 1 John 4:16. My 7 year old looked over my shoulder and said “Yep – that’s true!”. I need that child like faith and heart!

30. Hi All,

Blessings to all my sisters in the Name of the Lord. I must say that we all have issues, we all have doubts and we are all a mess, but God. Thanking Him for Jesus because without Him, we would remain in our mess. I have not finished reading Chapter 2 as yet because my book arrived in the mail yesterday, (Thank You Jesus), but so far it has been such a blessing to me. What really has touched me so far is this truth, and I pray that each and every one of my sisters in this study, including myself, would get the complete revelation of the love of God for us:

“If you’ve ever doubted God’s personal pursuit of you, let this truth sink in, my friend: wherever you are, He wants to meet you there. He is waiting for you to stop, come up close, and turn your heart to listen to His. You don’t have to pretend things are fine when they aren’t. He knows what is going on in your thoughts. Nothing could keep Him from wanting to be with you. (Not even yourself – my own addition). He invites you to come to Him to receive the perfect love He offers – love that casts out fear, love that is patient and kind, love that keeps no record of wrongs. That is what He offered Sam, and it’s what He offers you and me”. Page 37

I just wanted to share that with you sisters today. May we all get His revelation of love for us today. In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen and Amen.

Melissa, thank you for your efforts in helping us with this study. I thank you and pray God’s blessings upon you and your family.

Be Blessed.
    Michelle

31. Kate Fullilove says:

I invite you to pray with me for Melissa, her team, and all the members of their families while we are engaged in this study. Thanks, sisters! k8

32. I have gotten my book finally and I just finished chapter 1! It is truly amazing how you can be thinking something one moment and the Lord confirms it the next. To God be the glory for keeping it real for those who just never knew… I was thinking about how disciplined I used to be and the go getter I was… I have allowed doubt to dictate to me the things I would have blown off and get the work done. I am happy I am in this bible study; my confidence is already boosted especially after reading Hebrews 10:35 -36. God truly has a way…

33. Gay Hopkins says:

I’m behind…..ohh, this goes against my having to do everything right so I will be good enough! Just got my book yesterday. I read chapter one online. These comments are encouraging! I identify with you gals & can’t wait to get home!!!!
    His Princess, Love Letters from Your King rocked my world — great insight into intimacy with our Bridegroom. I was wooed & drawn deeper into a love relationship with each letter. Thanks Sheri!

34. Chelle (Albuquerque) says:

Can I just say that I hate chapter 2. It is really making me dig real deep into the hurt that has been barried. I cant seem to stop crying ( I know they are healing tears) I can relate to Sam (in the way, that she tried to protect herself from what people were saying, or that she was different.) I have never felt like I fit in or belonged. I have learned to seperate myself from toxic or unhealthy reltionships. I have been told, there is no way I can be a Christian because I am not friends with certain people.

35. After reading Chapter 2 and the above message about ” being real”, I am coming to a realization- I am who I am. God made me exactly how He wanted me to be. I am a quirky one. My husband always says that I am ” a child trapped in an adult’s body”. I have always been self conscience about this, and have somewhat over compensated by trying to remain serious and quiet with most folks. However, I am learning that I should love myself for who I am and not try to hide or change this aspect of my personality. Sure, I can be a bit goofy, but that is okay. I just wanted to share my little baby step with you all. God still has much more for me to learn about Him and His love, but I am grateful to him for teaching me this little lesson about loving how He made me!

36. I like Chapter 2. It is making me dig into my past, which is painful, but healing at the same time. If I don’t face my past, then real healing will never come. I have to give my past to God so He can redeem it beautifully!! I have built up so many walls over the years to avoid getting hurt further and now it’s time to start tearing down those walls. Ahhh, FREEDOM at last!!

37. God put his Bible Study in front of me for a reason. Chapter 1 hit that fear issue but chapter 2 made me realize that hiding the hurt feelings, the insecurities, and trying to always be the positive person eats away at you from the inside out. Turning the fears, disappointments, and insecurities over to God makes you the confident, strong person He wants you to be.
    I can’t wait for the next chapter.

38. This is my answer to today’s Confident Heart assignment, What does love mean to you?

Love is being kind when you don’t feel like it. Love is being gentle with others even when you’re angry. Love builds us up rather than tears us down. Love is being patient & waiting even when you’ve had a hard day & you’re patience is gone. Love is being respectful. God loves us with a perfect love. His love is peaceful, warmth & unconditional. We have no fear is God’s love. His love isn’t meant to do us harm, his love is forever. It’s our love that’s seriously flawed at times, we give it & then take it away for so many reasons, none of which justify our actions to retract our love from others. Love means being there for one another regardles of our feelings in any given moment of time. Hard to do, yes. But feelings, emotions & attitudes come & go, they are changing all of the time. Love shouldn’t be like that. Love should be a constant. For some reason this question really bugged me, not so much now but when I first read it. Loves a tough thing even though it shouldn’t be. I’ve had quite a bit of difficulty feeling loved & accepted for a long, long time from Others as well as from God. I do better now but I’m not where I want to be with it yet either. That must be why this question bothered me.

39. I am the reserve type, I keep everything bottled up inside me until I explode (which is not a pretty sight). Chapter 2 spoke right to my heart especially on page 41 when it says God knowa so much about us, it is good to be known, to be listened to and not judged. I can relate to that statement because most of my adult life I’ve been judged not only by people in passing but by my own family members.

I also like what it says on page 38 that God invites us to slow down and talk to Him about our day and the desires of our hearts, asking Him to show us the reasons for our doubts and insecurities. He wants us to go below the surface by asking Him to show us why we want what we want. Then we can ask Him if what we want is really what we need. I like this because I get caught up in motherhood and my everyday life sometimes I often forget to slow down and spend time with God. I thinks is a great remminder that God is always there to listen.

• This is me too and also the quote I liked best from this chapter!
      I think it all comes down to us all needing to be real, and genuine, yet I would guess most of us view ourselves as a mess, or “stinking at life”. If we were all honest with each other we wouldn’t have anyone to compare ourselves to or certain expectations to live up to, am I right?

40. Cassie, I’m convinced I’m a kid in a 53 yr old body, and I’m glad. It used to bug me, but I look at things w/ excitement and a fresh outlook. I’m not afraid to act goofy, silly, and excited. I’m a 1st gr. teacher so that helps. I thank God for it and have learned to tolerate when others think, act, and/or say that I’m not “acting mature”. Accept who you are and be glad! It will keep us young.
    And I love this book and study. It’s made me see everyone worries about some part of their character, personality, etc… God loves us anyway. We should always try to be more like him. God Bless!
    Deb

41. I had never done a bible study of this fashion [online] before but some how the Lord led me to it at the same time I was pondering about my level of complacency due to fear or doubt. Thank you Lord! Now dear Lord be with each sister as we truly get deeper and personal with you – our Lord through your word; directed by the pages of this book “A Confident Heart” by Renee Swope. Though I have repeated to myself time and time again “nothing is impossible with God”, as I read chapter 1; I realize that I was believing in Jesus but not believing Him to make the difference I so long for.

May our Father who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we could ever ask or think according to His power that works within us, see us through, not just this bible study but each day abiding in His presence. Like Psalm 91 tells us; you who would dwell in the secrete place of the most high God shall abide under the shadow of the almighty. Keep us near you Lord and remind us that with YOU O GOD all things are possible. Bless us to obtain a confident heart even before the end of this bible study. May we sing praises unto Your Holy name day and night, simply because we know You care and takes away all our worries.

Thank you for this author, this woman who trusted you over her feelings, who opened up herself to you and became available to you to be used as an instrument of yours to reach many. Bless the Proverbs 31 ministries team and may it continue to grow beyond human measure. Thank you Lord for each sister who saw the need to share in this bible study whether they need a confident heart or not. Let this be a period of restoration and a fresh anointing to all of us in Jesus’ name. Thank you Lord for your vessels and most importantly for you. Amen!

42. Hello Ladies,
    I have been so excited about starting this study!!!! The statement, “I stink at life” has been on repeat in my mind lately. I am in the process of divorce, that alone makes me feel like a failure, but to add nursing school, and 3 small children (ages 6, 3, & 2) to the mix I definitely have found myself at a place where I allow my insecurities to rule my life.
    Chapter 2 had me in tears while getting my oil changed!!! Those words on those pages seemed like someone had been listening in on my secret thoughts and shared them with the whole world. I can so relate to Sam, especially now going through a divorce. I have distanced myself from many people, for fear of rejection, judgement, and just being real the hurtful reality of, “I have no husband”. I would rather “go to the well” alone than to have the possibility of those feelings hanging over my head. I try to fill up on God’s Word, but those feelings still creep in and I end up asking the “What if” questions. So I end up repeating the same cycle over and over again. Can we say INSANITY?!!? I have always struggled with relationships with men, and not letting go when I know it is unhealthy. My relationship with my father molded that. That feeling of not being good enough for him to love me, accept me, FIGHT FOR ME has carried on into every relationship I have been in since.
    The thing that touched me the most in Chapter 2(please forgive if the wording is incorrect, the book isn’t in front of me), was saying we should ask God why we want what we want. The fact that we can ask Him to reveal that to us, made me remember that He created me, and knew EVERY little detail about my life before I was even born. So He does know me, and what is going on. Reminds me of that saying, “To know me is to love me, and to love me is to know me.”

43. I am naturally a reserved person but that does not seem to be what people think I should be. When I try to open up I usually get into trouble. I am just trying to find out who I really am. The only place I feel comfortable and accepted is when I spend time studying the bible and being alone with God. It is a peaceful place. But then I have to go out into the world again…

44. Luisa Penaherrera says:

Wow, okay, so you said to share how this has helped me so far….seeing that I’m not alone in how I feel has been great. Yours and all the other comments that you put on today’s blog were encouraging, as I was reading them, I was saying in my head”yeah”, it’s kinda funny and cool that you shared those comments from twitter, because I was talking to my husband, Erik about feeling like it’s not the sharing part that I have trouble with, I think I share too much sometimes. I liked the vs, He who has begun a good work in you will be faithful to complete it :) thank you, Jesus! Thank you for this study. Oh and I mentioned this book to our group of ladies that meet on Tuesday’s and we are going to go through this book together! Yay

45. Sherri Nolan says:

Learning to Let Go and Let God! Insecurity stems from lack of faith and trust. Lack of faith and trust in God which leads to lack of faith and trust in ourselves. I’m looking forward to strengthening both of these while exploring the truths God has for me in this Bible study. Thank you for guiding us through it.

46. So far it has really opened my eyes to the damage I do to myself.

47. OH Melissa, I can so relate. I used to feel that I somehow overdosed on an honest pill. The problem was that I often times had no tact and I was so direct that it was hurtful to others. It made me unapprochable at times. My colleagues would all get up and run out of my office if I got into a bad mood. When I got angry, it would last all day. I felt each of my emotions so intensly. If I was happy, I was REALLY happy, if I sad, I was REALLY sad and the same with anger. I wasn’t good at life. Even my family knew that if somebody was going to “blow their top,” it was going to be me.

I would get terribly sad because that is not the type of person I wanted to be. I wanted to be the person who people trusted with their emotions. The worst of all was that I called myself a Christian! People must of thought, “if she is a Christain, then that isn’t what I want.” I realized that my behaviour killed my testimony.

Not only was my heart on my sleeve but it was beating in somebody’s face. Over the past year the Lord has been doing a lot of work on me..(He has been busy)! I feel that a lot of my inappropriate behaviours have drastically diminished. By drawing closer to God, I automatically became less intense and more patient. It wasn’t until I totally gave myself over to God did I understand who He was. The closer I get to Him, the more I understand.

I still get really frustrated sometimes and I feel that I am going to explode. Now when it happens I pray to God for help and forgivness and try and thank Him for every situtation.

48. Being myself hasn’t always been easy for me…at times I still struggle, but it’s getting better, so I can relate to your words. Chapter 2 is speaking to me again…I read an early release this spring and want to encourage women to press on!! I’ll be real at times this book was hard for me to read because it took me to places I didn’t want to go and honestly sometimes change is hard!! But now a few months later as I read my notes and answers to the questions I see God has been working, He is answering my prayer and changing my heart. Truthfully sometimes I do stink at life and mess things up, but God is forgiving, He draws me back and helps me up. He knows who I am and loves me anyway!! So excited to be digging into this book again and walking through it with all of you!! Press on!!

49. Anne–
    Melissa, I stink at Life too,–no matter how hard I try…well.. it seems it is not enough..tired, frustrated..unsure if right direction….I need that confidence in Jesus—-& I know He loves me–so thankful..seem to need contant reminders.
    I’m told I’m perfect & loved…but, there is that which could?. or being expected to agree–often I keep quiet & …Well…so then I say that I’ll give it to God…I’m no goddess or fairy godmother etc. I like the Title of this weeks lesson-chp 2 ‘Because God’s Love Is Perfect, I don’t have to Be’…so thankful that Our Lord love us so……we all need His Love–so so thankful!!! Jesus Love me, He loves all of us & He loves you Melissa
    Don’t know

50. I often feel like I stink at life, too. I also wear my heart on my sleeve, and I don’t like it most times. But through this study, I am learning (once again) that God accepts me the way I am. Thanks for this study, it’s been great!