Sep 27

I Call Her Beautiful…She is Mine

She contacted me for prayer. She was broken. She had lost everything.  Partly due to circumstances beyond her control, but she had also contributed to the state her life was currently in.  She had done things she wasn’t proud of.  I won’t list them here…but you can.  Just fill in any blank….she probably did or experienced it.

She was born into a  life of unfairness.  Abuse. Neglect. Her mother chose her abuser over her.  Her very own daughter, which left her without a home or family at a very early age.

Neglect. Abandonment. Hurt. Shame. Unworthiness.  What else could she feel?

She became a survivor.  She learned to fight. And fight off.  People leaving her and treating her poorly became the norm. She was tough. Almost too tough. The exterior she had built around her fragile heart was thick. Didn’t let many in to see the sensitive side, the heart that truly just wanted to be loved, accepted, and secure.

Until one day.  The Lord had enough.  He brought this beautiful girl to a place she had to face Him. He pursued her. He put people in her life that believed in her…didn’t give up on her…loved her.  She had no choice. Isaiah 43:1.

Sometimes people need to know someone believes in them before they can believe in themselves or even in God. Lysa believed in her. I believed in her. Stephanie believed in her. Amy. Then Sam. Nicki. Katie. Denise. And now she believes in herself…or at least she’s getting there.

She decided to try to trust. She accepted Christ…unsure.  “Maybe just maybe I’ll give Him a chance”, she thought…”but what if He leaves me too?  What if I disappoint Him too?”  “Never could that happen,” I reassured her.

And it hasn’t.  Has life gotten easier for this girl?  No it hasn’t.  Have the problems faded?  No they haven’t. Does she have a new security and love that will never leave or abandon her?  Yes she does.

The world may call her certain names.  But God….God calls her beautiful.  No Matter What. He calls her fearfully and wonderfully made. He calls her His child.  He calls her His. With Him she has a Father. With Him she has a Love like no other. God is love and that love belongs to her and no one can take that away. Not from her, not from you, not from me. We got it.

Sweet friends, there are many who will keep a record of our wrongs, label us by our actions, and make us feel unworthy. KNOW THAT GOD WOULD NEVER DO THIS!  EVER!!!  He loves us unconditionally and unfailingly.  Our security and value must come from Him and Him alone, others will let us down…no matter how well meaning they may be.  And this can and will cause extreme doubt if we believe it.  It is of the utmost importance that we seek and stay in God’s Word DAILY so that we are in tune with what He says about us, not what anyone else says about us. No matter how long we have believed the lies, God’s truth can transform our hearts and minds. SomeOne believes in you my sweet friend…His name is Jesus.

Maybe you wonder if an online Bible study can help you?  Well the girl who happens to be the main character of this post, she started as an online Bible study participant here on this blog.  Here she found love. She found value. She found acceptance. She found courage. She found hope. She found Jesus. She found people believed in her. She even found a  new “family”…a mama and some sisters who promised to never leave her.  And her life is changed forever.

Remove doubt, insert the truth of God’s promises.  Remove hurt, insert stability.  Remove insecurity, insert contentment. Remove fear, insert security. Remove bitterness, insert love. Break down the walls with faith and trust. God is able. With Him anything is possible.  Believe this for yourself.  I promise if He can do it for this beautiful child of God, He can do it for you.

Never stop trusting or believing. Ever. God is usually up to something big at the very moment we decide to quit. You are worthy. You are loved. You are accepted. You are forgiven. You are worth fighting for. You are beautiful.

Let the world think whatever they want to think, but as for the Lord, well he’s saying, “I call her beautiful…..why?  Because she is mine.”

Isaiah 43:1,  “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

LeAnne Bell…You are the winner from the last post!!! You won the  book His Princess, Love  From Your King.  Email me your address so I can send you your prize!  Melissa@MelissaTaylor.org .  Our Conference Call series begins tomorrow. The message is one you will not want to miss, Love That Lasts, and our special guest is the beautiful Sheri Rose Shepherd.  I am still pinching myself to believe she is really going to be on our first call!  What an honor!  It’s not too late to purchase and sign up for these calls and remember, you don’t have to be on the call live, each call will be recorded…and you love our new recording system!  $15 for all 4 calls.

Much Love to you all and never ever forget how much you are loved and how beautiful you are to God.  Say this outloud today, “God calls me beautiful, I am His.”

Comments

1. Rosanne Huber says:

Thank you Melissa for sharing in your post. Your words are encouraging. Now I need to take them and apply it to my life.

2. patti strain says:

I love, love, love it! He calls me beautiful too!

3. WOW!!! I have really been blessed and have been able to be a blessing to others because of this new found family… Thanks Melissa! 😉

4. Diana Carolina Ortiz says:

I believe in God. I do. But when I try to pray I don’t find words, it’s like I feel I’m repeating myself, or I don’t know how to come to God. I want to trust Him the way I see so many do, but I don’t know how to do it. I’m confused. I want to find my confidence in Him, I just can’t seem to find it =\ I believe in my God but I want to Believe Him. I hope this bible study can make a great change in my heart. Thanks

• Diana, I so can relate to what you are saying, it was not that long ago I had these same thoughts and feeling. three years ago this October, actually. I had a very good friend give me some very good advice; she told me to stop trying to pray; to speak to God with my heart and have a conversation with Him as though I were talking to my best friend. Make it personal, this brings about a relationship with God that just seems to follow. Something as simple, just start by saying goodmorning and let the rest fall into place. The more conversations you have with Him the more your relationship builds and everything just really really falls into place after that..I know this bible study has been doing a great work in my heart already; I pray that God does a great work in you.

• Hi Dianna. I also can relate to what you are saying. And I agree with what Lucille says. I sometimes imagine He is sitting right in the chair next to me. I like to have a little praise and worship time with my Lord, after which I find it easier to spill my heart out to Him. Don’t worry about feeling like you are repeating yourself. We all have needs that we should bring to Him each day. He never gets tired of hearing from us. May God richly bless you, dear.

5. Melissa, I love the new picture of you. Yes it took me this long to see it, since I’m not doing this study, I felt like I was missing out, so I stop by every once in a while now.

6. Jammie Tompkins says:

It is a great feeling to know, “I don’t stand alone” that HE created me for HID pleasure and to know that I don’t need to carry this burden anymore! I have true confidence! I’m headed in the right direction and this time I’m in the back seat and HE is taking the wheel! My confidence come from HIM and HE left the direction in my hands and now HE is laying it on my heart to complete the work HE has started! LORD help me to LIVE , SERVE AND LOVE others you put into my path. Help me to have the confidence I need for every minite of my day! Thanks MELISSA for allowing GOD to work through you.

7. Melissa Chambers says:

Melissa you are a beautiful writer; this cuol dhave been my story you were telling from the details you shared. This warmed my heart and encouraged me greatly – thank you!

8. Andrea Regmi says:

Wow that was beautiful! Spoke volumes to my heart, thank-you Melissa for posting it. I will pray for that young lady. The study this far has been awesome! I have already learned so much, to trust in the Lord with all my heart, don’t hold back and to turn to him for the confidence I need. I hope all of you are doing great! Much love to you my sisters. Let’s stay strong and focused on Him and He will bring us strength!

9. The post was wonderful–it confirmed that I am in the right place. Thank you!! I am learning so much through this study and know that God is doing a new thing in me–thank you. I might not be here if you weren’t doing God’s work. Thank you!

10. Maureen White says:

Hi everyone,
    Reading about “that girl” was me 20 years ago. My life was good in terms of financial security and a good husband but I knew there was more than “is that all there is” During this time of seeking I ran into and met many self-righteous and judgemental Christians and determined never to be one of them until I met someone who simply told me about Jesus and His unconditional love. This love did would not be withdrawn if I partied, drank or ran had friends that were not Christian. I was amazed! Could this be true. All of a sudden I had nothing to rebel against and knew that God was greater than anything I could come up with to offend Him. Wow! He did the one thing I needed to experience. He came to me through a person with no guile or hidden agenda. I was humbled in less than a nano second and I went from darkness to light, from rebellion to obedience, from anger to thankfulness. He still is working on me but I also know He will always love me.

11. Maureen White says:

Dear Diana,
    “God is not the author of confusion or strife.” We have an enemy who wants to defeat us because as Christians we are threat. We just might lead others to Christ ! So in your prayer life he hits you with low self-esteem and confusion. But he can’t defeat Christ who is in you! Pray simple. Pray about how you feel, what is confusing you and ask Him to help you for the day you are starting. Talk to Him the way you talk to your best friend or simply have a conversation with Him the way Sam ( I love that name for women at the well/ makes her so real to me) did. I mean, she was actually talking to the Holy of holies, the Alpha and Omega and He just sat there listening, commenting and loving her. Think of yourself as Sam when you go to pray! love your sister in Christ, maureen

12. Melissa, thank you so much for this study. For the last 10 months or so I have been dealing with some anxiety. I sometimes wonder why I have these anxiety/panic when I have God. I know God is using them for His glory and I will continue to seek Him and His will every day. In the story I can see so much of myself. God has truly been working in me and continues to do so every day. I know He will use all the ladies doing this study and this study to help me to contiue to grow and stop doubting. I have loved it thus far and can’t wait to read and study more. I am learning so much about myself and more about God and His promises. God is Faithful!

13. Stephanie M says:

Oh this post has struck a cord with me. I’m at a difficult time in my life right now. I have been re-married now for one year, to the best man to enter my life, so it should be a joyful time. However, I am still dealing with fallout from past sin and trying to put the pieces of my life back together. Some days I just cry for no reason at all. I feel like a total failure. I’m at the lowest spot financially I have ever been at even though by this time in my life, my finances should be looking up. I accepted Jesus as my Savior on October 26, 2008. However, I don’t really believe I have begun to trust Him. I don’t think I know how. I don’t know if I have ever been able to trust anyone. I have so much to learn, and I need to repair my heart. I need to really and truly believe that God loves me for who I am — all past mistakes and all… I really hope this study will change my life. It needs to be changed. My attitude is robbing the joy out of my life. Thank you for having this study. I so wish it could be with people around me instead of online, but my small church doesn’t really do bible studies, so THANK YOU!!!!!! :-)