Sep 30

Confident Heart~Friday Vlog~Week 2

Happy Friday!  Hope you’ve had a great week and will have a great weekend too!  Praying for you and trusting that you are getting more confident every day!

Below you see our first vlog of the study.  Enjoy my amateur attempts at videoing a short message for you :)

If you cannot see the vlog below and you are not reading this directly from my website, click here and you should be able to watch.

Gotta love the freeze frame pic…don’t laugh!

Love you all!  Thanks for being a part of this awesome group.

Comments

1. I loved being able to see your beautiful face this morning girl!

I hope everyone’s Bible will be falling apart by the end of this study…If your Bible is falling apart…it means your life is being put together!

Y’all have an amazing weekend!

<3 Heather

• Great message this morning. Melissa, I could use some serious prayer. I”ve been sick now for 2 weeks. I went to urgent care and got $100 worth of meds and paid $100 to go to urgent care because I can’t have insurance UNTIL FEb….

Well, I think it’s trying to relapse. I went to bed feeling bad last night…Took 2 nyquil. Up this morning I took my temp and it’s 99.2. Could you please pray specifically for the Lord to lift this from me. You can share this with the team you have too!

I have an 8 hour shift to pull today too.

God bless you,
      Alicia

2. Happy Friday to you, too! Great to see your smiling face and hear your inspiring words! Thank you and your fabulous team for this creating and sharing this Bible study!
    I’m clinging to Heb. 10:35-36, striving to persevere; counting on God’s continual provision, power and presence!
    God bless you all mightily!

3. Thank You for reminding us how great our God is! It renews my confidence!

4. Tonya McCoy says:

What an awesome vlog this morning Melissa. I felt like you were speaking directly to me when you were reading the letter from my King. I know that I know that I know God has a plan for my life and he is going to use my major screw up for his glory. I now know I just need to stand firm and I for sure need to keep on the armour of God to make it through my situation. Thank you so much for sharing!

5. Lynda Levatino says:

Good Morning my loving new lady friends,
    I am sorry to say that I still have not gotten my book, so I am definitely behind in the study. My life has been CRAZY for the last two weeks. I have been caring for a dear, sweet young lady who had major surgery. Sunday night I gave her the prescribed medications at 10:00 pm and she agreed to wake me up between 2:00 and 3:00 to redress her wounds. I woke up at 2:00 to make my usual middle of the night trip to the bathroom (I’m sure most of you familiar with this pattern) so I decided to wake J. up and redress the incision and go back to sleep. However, I found her unresponsive and had to call 911. Apparently, she was in pain after I went to sleep and she took more medication. She does not remember taking additional medications, but the level of drugs in her system was very high when she got to the hospital. They had to restrain her after giving her something to counteract the medication she had ingested. She became combative and was screaming in pain. They were able to calm her down, get her back in her right mind, and released her after several hours. Needless to say, I was scared to death for this young lady’s life, but our Lord gave me calmness and assurance, until it was all over and then it hit me like a ton of bricks what had happened and how close we came to losing her. Praise God that I have a small bladder and woke up when I did. She is doing better now, the medications are being monitored for her and she knows not to take anything unless someone else knows about it. I don’t know why I am telling this, except that I needed to share with my ladies that even though I am behind in the study, the Lord gave me the confidence I needed to help my friend and held me up until it was all over.

This is only a small portion of the things going on right now. Please pray for my friends healing. She is 24 years old, a single mom with a 5 year old son, has absolutely no support system from within her own family. God placed me in her life at the right time. She is a relatively new Christian who has dealt with more in her 24 years than anyone should have to deal with in an entire lifetime. She is striving to learn how to let God be the Master of her life, but is going through some real tough situations that I won’t go into now, it would take a book to explain it all. Please keep J., her son, her family and me in your prayers.

I was blessed to hear a message two weeks ago that you must go through the fire of struggle and hardship to come out purified to the Glory of God. I really do NOT like being in the fire, but I know that God has a plan, or this would not have happened to me.

Now, a brief word about me. I have MS and the depression and fatigue that come with it, so I am on a lot of medication myself. I have serious back trouble having already under gone three surgeries. I was OK with the back pain until earlier this year when I took a spill and re-injured the same area of my back involved with the previous surgeries. I now have inflamed nerves that have not responded to ESI and other injection treatments. I can not take pain medication because it reacts differently in me than in most people. It make me manic, almost to the point of being bi-polar, so I choose not to take prescription medication to relieve the pain. I am scheduled to have three nerve block procedures on Tuesday. Please pray with me that this will relieve my pain and nothing more will need to be done. There is one other non-surgical option that my Doctor can try before a decision to have a fourth surgery is made. I do not want to have additional surgery, because the cause of my pain is scar tissue, and another surgery will be at high risk and it is questionable that I would even come out with a decent result, as each surgery adds to the scar tissue. I am holding tight to the Lord as I know He has me covered and has placed me with a new Dr. who is now handling my procedures. As a side note, his name on my orders for the last injection procedure was Dr. Darlin Harlin. His name is actually Daniel, but some one made a typo. They were right, he is a darlin’.

I know whoever is reading this will lift me up and petition all these situation to the Lord on my behalf. Thank you for letting me share what is going on with me and for standing with me in Faith that our loving Father God will continue to guide me in these and all areas of my life.

• Lynda…I will be praying for you…Maureen

• Lynda, I will be keeping both you and J in prayer. May God’s peace surround you and may the hands of Dr. Darlin (Daniel) be guided by our Father. Healing is the children’s bread and you are a child of God, so therefore it’s yours. Be healed in the Name of Jesus because He sent His word to heal you of all sickness and diseases. He shed His Blood so that you can be made whole. Be Blessed.

Love,
        Michelle

• Lynda Levatino says:

Michelle, Thank you for your prayers for both J. and me. I’ll tell Dr. Darlin’ you have his back. I’ve already asked him if he is a believer in Christ because to me it was almost obvious, and he said absolutely yes. Praise God. Lynda

• Praise God indeed. He’s got your back. Lol.

Be Blessed.
            Love,
            Michelle

• Lynda Levatino says:

Michelle, Just caught on to what you said about having my back. Very funny, girlfriend. Thanks for the giggle.

• Lynda Levatino says:

Maureen, Thank you for your reply. I know that us gals will pray each other through whatever in thrown at us. Lynda

• Lifting you up. Work hard to keep your head up!

• Lynda Levatino says:

Beccah, First, Let me say I love your name. My niece’s name is Rebecca and we call her Becca. Thank for lifting me up. I know that there are believers I don’t even know that are doing this for me, and God will return this blessing with abundance.

• Lynda, I just want to take a moment to say what an incredible person I believe you are. Thank you for sharing. Despite your own struggles and pain you are there for this young lady. I know what it is like to live with depression and fatigue, it takes every ounce of energy you have just to get up. I too am struggling deeply right now and your words encouraged me. Thank you. I pray you find relief from the pain, the depression. Know you will be thought of and talked about with Him as well as J and her family:)

• Lynda Levatino says:

Norma, Thanks you for believing in me, but I can truly say that God is providing me with supernatural strength right now. Even just a few months ago I would not have been able to withstand this experience, yet it has given me a stronger faith that if I listen, God will direct. As for your depression and fatique, I know what it is to give into it. I have spent many day just lying in the bed, sometines crying, sometimes in some sort of stupor. These are the days that I did not let God have my spirit, but was wallowing in my own self pity. I have been saved since my preteen years, but can say that for the first time in a long time, I am striving to learn how to walk the walk in God’s power and love. Guess what, it is so much easier when He has control over my life than when I dwell in self. Sometime we find ourselves going through the motions. I have found when I do that I am robbing myself of the blessings God want me to have daily. Thank you for your encouragement and know that I am in prayer for you as well, my new friend.

6. This week taught me I need to embrace my imperfections in light of God’s perfect love, “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6)

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him/her. (1 John 4:16)

Please pray I find a better way to remember these prayers from day to day. As I study, I am finding good materials teaching me what I need to pray, and as I read, I am able to build myself up inside out.

The bridge I need to cross is after doing my reading and comprehending, is not forgetting or setting aside what I’ve learned and continuing to run along in my day to day activities.

Thank you for orchestrating such a wonderful study!

7. Thank you so much for your message this morning. I always need to be reminded to stand firm in the Lord. When all my walls seem to be crumbling down I need to stand firm that God has His plan. You reminded me also that I can rely on only God to fill out His promises. I need to keep my trust in Him!!! I am loving this book and am so happy to do be doing this study with all of you ladies!!! I am praying for each and every one of you!

8. Thank you for the Vlog this morning! It lifted me up and empowered me to be encouraged once again and to know that I am a princess in my fathers eyes. The struggles I’m going through with my confidence issues is a battle that He has won! I just need to remember that and live In HIM.. Lord, help me to serve you today and help me not to miss any opportunity you put in front of me. Thank you for blessing me so I can bless others!!! Please continue to use me and thank you for allowing me to serve you today!

9. There have been so many truths that God has used from His word and from chapter 2 to speak to me and I thank you for bringing this study for us. It was wonderful to see you on the VLOG this morning. I also decided to begin a program of reading through the Bible in a year, yesterday, through YouVersion. If I am going to be able to combat the lies, whispers and temptations of the evil one I’ve got to hide God’s word in my heart. I have some memory difficulties due to some medications I take for migraines but I know my God is bigger than that problem and will give me what I need when it is needed. I listen to Christian music nonstop and I am finding that in times of stress, it is becomming a little more common for me to remember to praise God, rather than wallow in my troubles. Yes, I fall and take 3 steps backwards at times but I am remembering more often to turn back to the light and get my eyes off of the shadow of doubt. God is so faithful. With everything that I have done over the last 30 years of trying to run and hide from Him, he never stopped pursueing me and I know that He will be faithful to complete the work that He has begun in me!!!! Praise God and may He bless you Melissa.

10. I listened to the conference call on my computer. It was good. And the Vlog this morning was just what I needed today.

Thank you for this study and may God bless your weekend.

11. I wanted to post before I go SILENT for the weekend, I have enjoyed this week but at the same time a challeging week. Chapter 2 really hit home with me and this week I have been writing about lots of past childhood memories and some from adulthood.

12. God is Good all the time…you are my fellowship in HIM

13. Thank you for the vlog this morning! I really needed it! I don’t know about the rest of ya’ll, but Satan has been trying to steal my confidence. Thank you Melissa for reminding me to let the Lord fight the battle for me and to stand on His promises! Have a great weekend!

14. Great Vlog…I love the idea of standing for God with confidence!

15. I am enjoying the Bible Study and I love the encouragement that comes daily to me from the Proverbs 31 ministries. Growing up, my Dad was not a Christian and therefore he never taught me about God. Most of what I knew about God came from other people God put in my path. I was saved at a very young age of 13 and I have served the Lord every since. I am so thankful that God uses people to minister to each other. Back to my Dad – he was a good Daddy to me and I loved him dearly. I believe that is why it is easy for me to see my Heavenly Father as my Daddy.

16. What an awesome message, one too often I let slide and instead of holding on to with all my might. Thanks for this study God Bless

17. Thank you Melissa for your Vlog – makes me and all the other ladies feel so special! That you would take time from your life, and spend time with us! How amazing is our God! I so much appreciate your time, thanks for praying for us -Know that we are also praying for you and your team! God bless!!
    Teresa

18. Thank you Melissa and your team for another week gone by in this awesome study that you have blessed us with. It’s amazing that our Father really does meet us at our point of need. It was great to see your smiling face on our Friday vlog, what a way to end the week. I pray that your weekend is blessed and I look forward to hearing from you next week, God’s willing. This is my first Bible Study and I must say, I am really loving it. I’m grateful for reading all the comments from my fellow sister and for praying for those who have need of it. God really answers prayers.

Be Blessed,
    Michelle W.

• Yes, he does, Michelle……….in a mighty, mighty way. I pray for all of our sister’s bound together in Christ and our Bible Study to feel the nearness of our Lord and to be lifted up in the knowledge that we have the power He has and used to bring Jesus back from the dead – that is our gift from Him.

• Amen Connie, I totally agree with you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen and Amen.

Enjoy your weekend.

Be blessed.

Michelle

19. Melissa – thank you for posting the two readings from yesterday’s conference call. I know they were both the exact messages that God wanted to lay on my tattered heart and sooth my blistered soul. Thank you for being the messenger and the instrument of my hearing God’s word through Sheri Rose Shephard’s work. Blessings to all of my sisters in Christ.

20. It was good to hear your voice today Melissa! I’m liking the study but at the same time finding it a little bit difficult for me to get into, mainly because of where I’m at in my life & my healing process at the moment. I’m praying that changes soon so I can get really into this study. I think it will do such great things for me & all us that are a part of it.

I tried to be on the call yesterday but only kept getting a recorded part of it each time. So I’ll be on the one on Oct. 11th for sure. That will be my birthday present that day since Oct. 11th is my actual birthday. Happy Birthday to me! I loved being on all of the conference calls for Hidden Joy & am looking forward to these ones too.

Thank you so much Melissa for all that you do. A big thank you too to all of your behind the scenes people who are working so hard to make all of this possible. I’m getting there thanks in large part to this study, the last one, counseling & God. I’m so eager to keep going because I know that God wants better for me & I know that as a child of God, I deserve better too. That’s what I want, I want to be living to glorify God & I want to live the life he has for me to live.

Keep up the great job making all of this possible for so many women.

21. Question? How do I obtain the conference calls?

22. This week I’ve studied, written, prayed and cried my way through Chapter 2. It was hard work, but worth every second. This weekend, to act on this emerging confidence, I’m attending a church function (miracle) and reaching out to someone else.

Thank you Melissa, Renee and the whole team. Loved the vlog, love the “Princess” letters!
    Kimberly

23. Love the vlog! It makes the study more intimate — thanks!

24. Dear Melissa (and the whole team),

Thank you for praying for all of us and for sharing this book with our aching hearts and thirsty souls! I have been refreshed and reminded in a powerful and deep way of Jesus’ love this week. My walk with the Lord is so much better when I am participating in your bible studies! It’s like a light switch goes on in my soul and everything…I mean EVERYTHING is illuminated. The Holy Spirit pulls devotions out of my heart and lays them before me like uncovered treasure. I am truly blessed!

I can’t think you enough and I am sending up grateful prayers to the Lord for all the hard work and effort that you put into sharing His heart with all of us!

May you have a blessed and wonderful weekend :-)

Leah

25. Hannah Hunter says:

I’ve missed most of this week as we have had three deaths in the extended family this week. Hope to catch up next week. Please pray for me and my family during this difficult time. Also my mother will have dental surgery next week which is serious at age 89 and on blood thinners that she has to have.

Thanks for the opportunity for this study. I enjoy reading the post, praying for the needs and being a part even when I dont’ have time to post.

26. Melissa & Team, thanks again for coordinating this study and cheering us on. The vlog was wonderful and I want to thank you personally for introducing me to Sheri Shepherd. Her emails are so direct, encouraging and empowering and everyday seems to go with something I’ve gotten from Confident Heart. I’m falling in love with my Savior and King all over again. Be blessed all my beautiful sisters and have a wonderful weekend.

27. Melissa — Thank you so much for what you read to me in your vlog. I am trying to “stand” in confidence today. It is very difficult. We had to call the sheriff to our home last night and have him escort our 21-year-old son out of our home. He became violent with me after I refused to give him money to fix a leaking tire on his car. (He is unemployed.) It has been a long battle of rebellion with him and has gotten to the point that it is no longer to safe to have him living in our home. So — he is homeless, penniless, angry, bitter, and lost. I feel beat down in my spirit after such a long battle — and more to come. This study has come at a good time for me — just when I could use some confidence in myself and faith that God is in control of everything. Thank you! I’m going to listen to your vlog again before walking away from my computer. :)

• Hi Karen,

I can totally relate to your situation with your son. I have a daughter who is also 21. The past 9 years have been extremely difficult. She has serious mental health issues and we had to tell her to leave our home also at 18. (she’s had access to medical care etc. and had multiple admissions to hospitals, we also had dealings with the police, the court system, she lived in a tent for a while, etc..I could go on and on). It’s been a heart wrenching situation with everything I thought would happen to her, happening. She now lives with a man 30 years older than her and had a baby this year who is now in foster care. I too became just beaten down in my spirit and totally heartbroken, totally, beyond words that I could even say or think. I turned my back on God for a while, I just had such a hard time trusting Him when I’ve seen her suffering so much and not able to live a “normal” life and have good relationships with family/people. I had a dream and God made it very clear to me that it is His battle, not mine. I just need to pray, stand and watch. At this point, she has not had contact with us for 4 months. I am trusting that God has His reasons for this, whether it is to protect me and my family or to work on her alone, I don’t know. This study has come at a perfect time for me (orchestrated by God,of course). I had been asking God for direction, as to how to trust Him, not knowing how, and voila! I saw this study. The situation with my daughter still hurts, the pain is still there, but I’m still standing. I could really relate to a song by Laura Story called “Blessings.” I don’t know if you’ve heard it or not before but I always end up crying because the lyrics in that song are so true for me…I’m sorry, I’ve gone on and on. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone with a wayward child and having to make some tough decisions and trust God to take care of them and the situation. God has been faithful to me and my family, having the baby placed in a foster family who are Christians (praise God!!) and that my brother and his wife feel led to adopt my grandchild. (My husband and I just want to be grandparents, not the baby’s parents!) I’ve learned so much about God in the past couple of weeks (and myself actually) and want to have complete trust in Him. I’ll be praying for you, your family and your son, that you will trust Him with this very difficult time in your life.

• Thanks so much for you prayers! I will do the same for you. And thank you for sharing your story of heartache and grief. I do know the song you speak of by Laura Story. You and I could have written it — had we the talent for such an art. I pray that God opens our eyes to the blessings in these difficult times. I have not turned my back on God during this long battle with my son. I can’t do that — God is my only source of hope for better days! As I type this, I’m in my home alone — with all the doors locked. When my son was a precious little boy, I NEVER dreamed I would have to lock the doors against him to protect myself and my belongings. God has blessed me, though. I have 3 others adult children (and spouses) who support and encourage my husband and I. They stay involved and would be here at a moments notice if I needed them. God is good! I pray that God would surround our children with his protective hand. I pray that He would rain His Holy Spirit upon them today, so that they will have their eyes opened to His love — and our love. There are SO many parents just like you and me! If there is anyone who understands, it is God. He sees our tears and feels our heartache. After all, His children have turned their backs against Him since the beginning of time!
        Thank you so much for sharing with me! I can’t tell you how much it means. God knows when a bit of encouragement is needed. You’ve blessed me! KK

• Dear Karen,

Thanks so much for writing back! I am so glad you have not turned your back on God. I am mad at myself for doing that and would kick myself in my backside, if that were physically possible! : ) I know He’s forgiven me and I have moved on from that point. I was really struggling spiritually, it was a terrible place for my heart to be. I am also so glad that you have support from your husband, children and their spouses. God is good. I also have support from my husband and family on both sides and a best girl friend who I commute with to work everyday (she also works where I work.) God has been so good to me. My step-son is 22 and supports us the best he can. (he’s in college, figuring his life out, growing up etc..) We have 2 other children (13 and 11) who have experienced/witnessed events that I definitely never wanted my other children to see but it was hard to hide my older daughter’s behavior and subsequent consequences all the time…”Mommy, there is a police man at the door etc…” I too never thought that my sweet little baby girl would act the way she has and threaten my life also earlier this year. Suddenly some portions of the Psalms came to life for me at that moment…I’d never had someone (let alone one of my children, whom I would walk across glass shards and through fire for) threaten to kill me…good grief! Do what you need to do to remain safe.

Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers. You have blessed me also by sharing your story. I am so glad that Melissa is doing this study of Renee’s book. What a blessing! Your sister in Christ, Liesl

28. Melissa,
    I can not thank you enough for sharing this bible study with us. I just started chapter two and can already feel my faith becoming stronger!!!
    Blessings and Love,
    Karri

29. Love seeing Melissa’s smiling face! So good to read what some of my other sisters are going through. I am getting ready to make a major life change soon, and need God to wrap his firm arms of strength confidence and power around me. I also need him to remind me that he is in control and not me!
    Excited to continue reading more as the weeks go by.

• Lynda Levatino says:

Beccah, I don’t know your age, but I am 56 and I can not imagine having to make any drastic life change as I am confortable living in the “bottom of the rut.” I don’t even like it when the boat rocks even a little. I am grateful to God that my husband of 33 years has provided me safety and stability. He assured me he as saved before our marraige, but he does not walk with me in the Lord’s grace,we have never attended church as a family, and I have had to be the Christian leader in our homr, raising our two children to know the Lord. I do not know what your situation is, but I know that since I am walking though my situations now, alone in the sense that my husband is not in the same place with God that I am, you can do whatever it is you have to do to make your like what God wants it to be. I pray confidence and power over you as you forge ahead in His name. You stated that you needed Him to remind you that He is in control. That is my new motto as I how found out after years of telling God how He should handle my life, that when I listen and walk in obediance it turns out even better tha I imagined it to be. So my prayer for you is that you listen to the small quite voice of our Loving Father and that your faith be such that He directs you with the changes you are facing. Lynda

30. I’m really enjoying this bible study so far! It was great to see Melissa on the Vlog today. Thank you so much!!

I also loved what Lynda (from up above wrote about a message she recently heard)—MUST GO THROUGH THE FIRE OF STRUGGLE AND HARDSHIP TO COME OUT PURIFIED TO THE GLORY OF GOD!!! That just so struck me, with what I’ve been through this year but God really is amazing. I just pray it doesn’t take just the hard times for me to really learn how to trust God and rely on Him alone. I really want to be able to Surrender completely to Him.

It’s also so amazing to me all these women praying for each other when we haven’t even met and how many of us there are!!

31. I had an extremely busy Friday and didn’t get to see this message until now, the early hours of Saturday. . .but the message is still there speaking loud and clear. Yes, the day of evil will come. . . and it has come for me in the past year, but my God is bigger than any evil day and He has equipped me to withstand any battle. . . even when I cannot stand on my own. . . the truth is I NEVER have to stand on my own. Thank you for being so transparent Melissa. I love your new picture. . . now that I have a face and a voice to go with it, I feel much more a part of your world and this bible study. Have a super weekend with your family!

32. I have struggled with my relationship with God up until March of 2010 when my husband decided we were going to change churches. I felt like I have fail at everything includding be a christian wife and mother. When we started the church the ladies that have attended the church for many year showed me the love that they have received from God and I wanted the same. So I started my persuit to develope my love walk with God and also try to restore my relationship with my husband. I have had so little confidence in who I was I know idea what God had in store for me. I tried doing the fireproof book for my marriage but failed. Because God wanted me to work on my before my marraige. My pastors wife gave me a book to read A Woman’s after Gods own heart. It was great and I wanted more. I stumbled upon the Proverbs 31 Ministries and started to receive emails. I do not have facebook or twitter out of respect for my husband. So all I have is email. And I got involved with the Good Morning Girls at church. Then one day I received an email about A Confident Heart and the first chapter in the book. After I read the chapter I immediately ordered the book. Then I received another email about the bible study. I was excited. I am reallying enjoying the scriptures that are in the book as well ask the prayers. I even talked to my pastor’s wife about me doing the bible study with the ladies in the church after I am through with our bible study. This morning I could not sleep. I got up around 4:30 am and decided to go and finish reading the book of revelations. Which I really enjoyed and then I was still not sleepy so I decided to do the reflections and discussion questions. Seeing how I did not have time to do them on Thurs or Fri. I got to question five Has anything every happened that caused you to distance yourself from God or other people? Wow this one hit me. When I finally started writing in my journal that I am keeping for this book. I did not realize what God was opening up. He final showed me what I have been hiding and pretending that everything was ok. When I finally finished writing I had seven pages written and I was crying and it was 7:00 am but realized that I have finally found the safe place where I can take all the pain, disappointments and discouragements and let them go. Then I thank God for getting me up and showing me that I can trust in him and know that he is always there. Thank you Melissa also. I have enjoyed being a part of this bible study. I have also realized that one day I am going to have an awesome testimony when God shows me that I am ready to share it. I love this ministry. Thank you.

33. Lynda Levatino says:

Good Morning my friends,
    We have a group of ladies from our church going to hear Lysa speak in Gulfport, MS October 28th and 29th.

Our Ladies Sunday Class is sponsoring a Made to Crave study at church beginning Monday, October 6. Please pray over our group as we have had a great response and know that God had ordained this study for us as we have heard from ladies who have not been active in church for years, ladies who do not attend church anywhere, and I know one particular lady who is struggling with life and she has a somewhat skeptical outlook on salvation. There are others with different needs and have signed up for this study. Pray with us as we reach out to these ladies that they will learn through Lysa’s book how to go to God instead of whatever they are turning to now.

I am planning to attend Lysa’s conference, God willing, if my back will allow me to travel. We will be staying at the Hampton Inn in Gulfport. If anyone else if going, I would love to try to hook up face to face. Please contact me directly by my e mail lyndalevatino@cox.net. It would be GREAT to hold your hand and connect with the Lord together. In His Name, Lynda

34. Michele Caséca says:

You are obviously showered with criativity and eloquence by our sweet Lord, so you can keep doing these Bible Study so graciously.
    You have the gift, Melissa! In your american slang words: Girl, you rock! (I hope I write it right, haha).

I LOVE YOUR VLOGS!

Love, Mi

35. Melissa your video was inspiring.
    I know that verse well, “put on your armour”!
    I need live more by that verse when I am doubting myself.
    Thank you for bringing it to light on your video.
    Thanks for all the prayers this week, I could definitely feel wrapped up in LOVE!
    I am praying for everyone’s good week.
    Can you tell me which Bible you are reading from.
    Many blessings,
    In Christ.

36. Laura Maynard says:

Thank you Melissa for your vlog yesterday morning. You are an amazing person and a truly amazing crew helping you with this study. I really enjoy reading Renee’s book and participating in your study. I am learning so much about myself and in the process deepening my relationship with our savior which has been a wonderful experience. I look forward to our upcoming third week of study. For those of you that asked for prayers this past week, after I read your comments I stopped and prayed for each and everyone of you. Peace and love to everyone and may God bless you all with a wonderful weekend. :)
    Laura Lee

37. Hello all!

My access to the computer this week was very limited. I so enjoyed Ch 2. I needed to hear that I am being pursued. That gave me such comfort. I am in a strained marriage and haven’t felt pursued in a very long time. I have lost confidence over the years that I am worth pursuing.

Thank you for the vlog. I need to stand through all of this. My natural response is to retreat and hide. With God’s help I will do my best to stand.

I look forward to ch 3 and being able to check in more next week.

Please know that you are all being lifted in prayer by someone in Colorado!

Hugs,
    Renee

38. Kimberly B says:

Let’s try this again, I think I did something wrong when I tried to leave a comment this morning. Oh well, here it is again. I also posted in the feed for my Confident Heart FB group so I just copied it from there. :)

I am revisiting chapter 2 this morning, rereading the blog, I listened to the conference call again, and watched the VLOG. I have been hesitent to post or comment because satan is planting lies and doubt in my mind. For example, “there is over 8,000 people in this study my posts will just get lost in the shuffle, why post or make comments.” This morning I have also found myself challenged by being transparent with people I don’t know. It is hard to be transparent with people I do know. Neither one feels safe for me. The praise in all this is God is speaking to me through A Confident Heart and I know these insecurities and doubts I am feeling are not of God. My revisitng all my homework and readings this morning has helped me snap out of the funk I was experiencing this week and has redirected my thoughts and heart on the truth I find in God and HIs Word and away from satan’s lies that will derail me everytime. Posting or making comments is part of my process to heal, to grow, to process the work God is doing in my heart. Plus, who knows what can happen through meeting people this way. I don’t want to miss a potential God ordained opportunity to interact with others in this study or an opportunity to grow with Lynn because of fear or doubt. Love to all, have a blessed weekend!! Kimberly

• Hi Kimberly,

I too hesitated to comment today. Thinking who is going to check in on a weekend and who is going to read through all of these posts to see mine. But I did post to keep myself accountable and to not the evil one win. I read your post Kimberly and thanks for voicing some of what I was feeling as well. It’s a pleasure to meet you. :-)
      Renee

• Hi Kimberly, thanks for your post. I pray that as we grow, God’s wisdom will make us more and more confident by and through His Word.

39. Hello Sisters,
    I got a lot of bad news in the past two days. My very best friend who has been a Christain for many years fell to the temptation of alcohol. Later she started over eating and gained a temendous amount of weight. She had a gastric bypass and switched back to alcohol again. She has spend the last 5 years living with chronic alcoholism. She goes to church, AA meetings and whatever else tshe things will help her but always winds up back in the wine bottle. I think the only thing she hasn’t done is submit to God or she would be free. She has been out of the ER numerous times in the past 2 years.

I got a call today that they have taken her to a crisis center. She has been in bed for three weeks doing nothing but drinking. She was very ill when they got her to the hosptial today. She is terribly under weight and mal-nurished.

I can’t submit to God for her. She knows what she has to do but can’t seem to do it. Satan in the form of this addiction has a massive hold on her. I have stopped talking to her last April because I was talking myself in circles and getting very frustrated. All I can do is pray for her.

I am asking you to please join me in prayer for Kathy S. The God of the Universe is a mighty God and able to restore life back into her if she lets Him. In Jesus name, Amen.

Another dear sister I have been friends with for many years moved to Iowa and we lost touch. I found out that she has ovarian cancer and is not repsonding well to treatment. She a vital member of her church, a mother and a wife. Please pray that our Lord put s healing hands on Debbie M. In Jesus Name.

Thank you.

• Praying with you.

• Praying for your friends. And you are right, with God, all things are possible. So I lift both our friends up to the Lord God Almighty – that he may heal their hearts, and bodies!!! God is in control and He is the great physician and healer. God bless you!

40. Friday’s video post for for me, especially the last section read from Ms. Shephard’s book. I needed to hear that all that is required of me right now is to stand…stand on His promises, stand knowing that He – Jesus is fighting my battles for me…stand confidently knowing that the God of all creation is on my side. Thank you Melissa and may the Holy Spirit strengthen you and grant you great wisdom.

41. Great vlog, Melissa. I’m just now getting a chance to view it. It’s been a long & stressful week, but I’m glad it’s now the weekend & I can rest.
    Thanks for sharing that letter from “His Princess Warrior”, after this week, I really needed to hear it. I have her other 2 books, “His Princess” & “His Princess Bride”, but I don’t have the one you read out of. It’s currently on my list. I do, however, subcribe to her daily “letters” via email, which are awesome.
    I’m really enjoying this study so far & can’t wait to continue. I haven’t signed up for the conference calls yet & I’ve been debating about it. I’m sure they are really good. I’ll be praying for Sherri Rose, you & the rest of team.
    Thanks for all you do to make this happen,
    Tiffany

42. Hi Melissa
    I just loved the conference call – it made the bible study way more personal. Thank you so much for what you’re doing. Proverbs 31 is an amazing Ministry!!! Love you all !!! God bless <3

43. I am hanging on to everything I am learning and as I walk throughout my day when I want to say i’m done once again I come back to what I read, heard, saw and say “Please help me trust”

44. Hi Melissa

Thank u so much for this online bible study. The book wasn’t readily available on our South African shelves so received my book via mail this week! I have been so blessed by this study and that I am His – WOW!

God bless you in your ministry

45. nancys1128 says:

Just poppng in to say that so many things I’m reading (various devotionals) and participating in (church retreat and church message series) tie into this subject of confidence so much. For me, it’s confirmation of many things, must especially that I really don’t have it as together as I think I do in many areas. The subject of confidence is applied in different ways and contexts, but the heart condition that’s being exposed and the growth that is already (trying to) taking (take) place is very exciting. It’s also confirmation that nothing happens by accident, and God’s timing truly is perfect.

46. Stephanie M says:

Hi Melissa,

So great to see the vlog! I am just now joining the study late. I had every intention of logging on here at the beginning, but the last 2 weeks have gotten away from me. I feel very blessed to have won a copy of the book so I could do this study. Even though I am late, I am very gald to be joining in this study. I hope that I can get caught up. I am outside on my covered patio enjoying the nice weather in Texas… Thanks so much for doing this study. I need to learn to be confident more than anything in the world. I am 36 years old and problably the most insecure person I know. I know that I need to change, but I just don’t know how. The lies are just so much easier to believe. I have been a Christian for just 3 years this month, and I have so much learning and growing to do.

47. Ladies, I have to be honest. I’m still stuck on question 4 from week 1. “Describe what happens in your heart when you read God’s words”… I know I SHOULD feel comforted and hopeful but I feel even more discouraged because I think: “Here we go again, a scripture bandaid.When do I get to have a heart transplant?” Any one relate to that? Please pray that as I repent of my unbelief that God’s words comfort and heal my heart. The SHOULDS are just part of the self doubt cycle.

48. Stacey Kirk says:

It’s so amazing to see God at work – especially when he’s trying to tell us something. Lately so many things are tying together – sermons and vlogs on the armor of God, spiritual warfare, His promises, His hope. This study fits me so well and is such a help in “seeing” myself and where to go from here. Thank you!

49. Michele H. says:

How amazing God really is – my pastor has preached on exactly what I have been reading in “Confident Heart” for the past 2 Sundays. I know God is reaching out to me during my struggles. He truly does want to be with me every step, every day. So thankful for this Bible study.

50. I just had a chance to listen to the vlog this morning and such a wonderful thing happened!! I have had a co-worker friend of 24 years quit speaking to me 2 weeks ago. It was over a work incident and I have been very hurt by it. I had just texted another friend and wrote the words “I don’t know what to do” and then I heard Melissa’s words from her vlog saying “When you don’t know what to do, STAND on God’s promises”. It was so exciting to me that God always listens and knows just what I need and just when I need it. God is good all the time….All the time, God is good!!! Thank you so much for this bible study ~ it is just what I need!!!!