Dec 7

I’m beyond sad.

I’m beyond lost.

I’m beyond hurt.

I’m beyond confused.

I’m beyond scared.

I’m beyond insecure.

I’m beyond an aching heart.

I’m beyond stressed.

I’m beyond overworked.

I’m beyond tired…physically, emotionally, and mentally.

How do I know? Because I feel it and it happened.

I could go on and on. And then I would be beyond depressed. What good would I be then? Plus it’s Christmas! ‘Tis the season to by jolly, right?

When I’m feeling beyond mixed up like this, I realize that I have to get my mind out of the gutter and on God’s Promises, like Chapter 12 in A Confident Heart so well demonstrates.

I have to be intentional on focusing on some different “beyond” statements or I will be in a pit fast. I know this from experience. Even if the “beyond” statements I’m thinking above are true, there are others that are also true.

I am beyond blessed~ From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16

I am beyond strong~“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

I am beyond secure~ Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

I am beyond safe~ Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. Psalm 138:7

I am beyond hopeful~For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

I am beyond loved~But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. Psalm 13:5

I am beyond valued~ For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

I am beyond important~ See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God.   1 John 3:1a

I am beyond needed~ And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another.  Hebrews 10:24-25a

I am beyond forgiven~ Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” Luke 7:48

I am beyond found~ “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'” Luke 15:4-6

I am beyond healed~ But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

I am beyond complete~ So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. Colossians 2:10

How do I know? Jesus tells me so. It’s right there in the Bible, God’s Word. I can’t trust my feelings. They change like the wind. Up one moment and easily shot down the next. His Word overrides my feelings everyday and I need to believe it and live like it.

I began this post quite discouraged, I was sharing from my heart. After searching God’s Word for His view of me, I am ending it quite encouraged. Hope you feel the same!

Love you Sweet Friends…to infinity and BEYOND,

_______________________________________________________________________

***Winner of our next online study book, Made to Crave is Lori!   You have 48 hours to claim your prize by emailing Melissa@MelissaTaylor.org .  I’ll need your mailing address.
In case there is a mix up over which Lori, here is the comment you left:
Lori December 6, 2011 at 4:48 pm [edit]
I actually have more than one “speaking” to me this week. However, the main one where the rest stem from is….
When I say: I feel defeated.
God Says: You are a conqueror.
Powerful Promise: In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. (Romans 8:37)

Comments

1. Thanks Melissa! Sometimes, “thanks” just doesn’t seem to be enough!! But thank you!!

2. Melinda Rickert says:

That is AWESOME Melissa, thanks for sharing it!!!

Melinda

3. Diane Riedel says:

Truly inspired!!

4. Such truth…thank you!

5. Bless you for this. I need to remind myself of God’s promises and get out of the pit.

6. I love this and I love you! God is so good, I just love how He continually strengthens us through His Word. Heb 4:12

<3 Heather

7. Speechless….you have no idea as to how much I needed this reminder and these words at this very minute! Trust me speechless of this chick is no easy task! I so love how God uses you, Stephanie from Texas and my dear friends Deanna Clardy and Lisa Kramp to teach me much. Your hearts are amazing and as always your timing is BEYOND perfect! Love you and praise God for you and P31!

8. Melissa,enjoyed reading your post today!your posts are so great!

9. Sweet manna from heaven! I am meditating on this Scripture today.

10. Melissa, thank you for your “realness” that is what I so love about being a part of this study. We share the good, the bad, and the ugly and that is what our God wants for us to do. There is not judgement flying around that if we said that around “church” friends they would be appalled. I am so thankful for the open arms and heart of every lady that shares on these blogs from you.

11. Thank you Melissa for these words today. I was just posting in my online FB study group for “Confident Heart” that I have fallen into a “funk” this holiday. I’m going to print this out and continue to refect on your words. Thank you again!

12. This was just perfect again for me. I am feeling so “beyond…” right now and I need to feel all the “beyonds” that the Bible tells me. I am copying all of these verses and positing them around my house and memorizing them. This was exactly what I needed to make it through all these “beyonds” I am ‘feeling’ right now to the true “beyonds” God word speaks!! Thank you so very much!!

13. Wow, this was above and “beyond”, thank you so very much.

14. Melissa, all I can say is “Thank You” from the bottom of my heart. You have turned my tears of sadness into tears of joy with your encouragement. I’ve been really struggling this week. After reading that so many other women in the study are as well, I’m just wondering if Satan is pulling out all the stops this last week together as we become “the women we want to be”.

15. Amen, Amen, Amen…. :)

16. Oh, heart of mine
    do not grieve any longer
    for the Lord thy God
    has given you strength beyond measure
    He will deliver you and carry you,
    And you will rise up from the pit
    You will be refine as gold,
    and be full of joy and gladness
    For He is our Salvation,
    there is none like Him.
    He is our Counsel
    He is our Righteousness,
    He is our Comforter in our time of need.
    He will not forget us.
    He hears our very cry,
    He will fight our battles and rescue us.
    He will choose the road we should take
    And He will heal you.
    Come and let Him take your brokeness
    and He will set you free
    For His Word is binding,
    It speaks to us with knowledge
    and with wisdom.
    His Word will rekindle our hearts
    so we can walk in His Light.
    He is our Help.
    Praise His Holy Name.
    For our God is for us
    He is our Peace! He is our Lord!~joyce

17. This is such a timely message for me. And it goes right along with our Sunday Night Ladies Bible study this past week….the verse that our lesson centered around is: “Finally, Brethren, whatsoever things are TRUE….think on these things.” (Phil 4:8) I have had to remind myself all this past week to think on the things I KNOW to be TRUE….and not the lies and doubts that are conjured up by Satan’s attacks. I have posted this verse on my computer at work, on my mirror at home, and have it copied on a notecard in my purse!

18. I am “BEYOND” thankful for this post. God has got this ministry in His total control and He is working through each of the Confident Women in PS31 to bring His message of love and hope to the world. Because we know it doesn’t stop here, we each take in what we have learned through this book and the knowledge shared by the different women we have met AND most importantly the LOVE that is flowing through us all, we take all of this with us out into the world and we use it to minister to our family, our friends, and yes we even need to use it on ourselves. Thank you God for opening doors and hearts to further broadcast Your words throughout the nations.

19. Anne Maxon says:

Oh Melissa
    I can’t think of a better word than “beyond” for chapter 12.
    Beyond says it all……….& it is Christmas!!!
    “For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders, And he will be called: Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Is. 9:6

20. I have not been opening your emails since I am not doing the Bible Study (and I truly miss you!!) Something made me open it today and I am so glad I did. I was reminded of what a blessing you are and how you speak from your heart but touch all of our hearts.
    Thank you.

21. Michele Caséca says:

I’m so thankful God gave me courage to start this Bible Study in times I was about to give up on everything.

My life is happy. My soul is confident. My heart is grateful.

Thank you and Congrats to all team.
    You all did a great job and blessed me above and beyond.

Mi Caséca

22. Lynn Burgess says:

Loved it! I am going to print this out and make copies to put everywhere I can think of so that I am constantly reminded just how precious I am to our Father God.

Lynn

23. Melissa, thank you so much for your encouragement. I am trying to stay in Jesus light and not fill my head with garbage, so when I am discouraged I pull up one of the Proverbs 31 website and find encouragement. That is how I saw this. I am soooo sad this bible study is over, but look forward to the next one. Thank you for all your inspiration. You have really touched my heart and brought me closer to Jesus. Thank you and my God richly bless you.

24. This was the best blog post ever. You gave a picture of what can be done when life seems overwhelming. Thank you so much, Melissa! You’re awesome! And God is the AWESOMEST!!!! KK

25. Something good is about to happen . . . The spiritual warfare is so intense. I know, understand, and appreciate the truths you shared but have to admit that I yearn to be needed, valued, important, loved, secure, and safe with my family. It has been 32 years of mostly pain. The Lord is sufficient and most days I rest in and experience the truth of that but yesterday and today have been difficult. There is no particular reason although this time of year is always a little more challenging. Thank you for the study.

Kathleen

26. Thank you, thank you, thank you. That was just what I needed. Right now I feel like I am spinning way out of control with just about everything in my life. Thank you again.
    Karen H. :)

27. I sooo needed to hear this today … I have sure felt like things were “beyond” lately – I appreciate your encouraging and timely words.

28. Olayinka Okunola says:

lol @ ‘to infinity and beyond’
    I am just gonna print it and paste it where I can see it every single day!
    You are ROCKED this post Melissa, all time favorite!
    Love,
    Olayinka

29. This post reminded me that I wanted to quickly share my story of reading A Confident Heart. A couple weeks into the study, my husband, a farmer, started harvesting for neighbors. He was gone 14 hours a day, 6 days a week. I went into this very dark place, a place where I have never been before, that I now believe was depression. I could hardly get out of bed, I was eating a lot, and I was sitting around a lot. But I still made myself read the book every week. It took almost 2 months, but I came out of that pit.

It feels like I lost those 2 months of my life because I was battling Satan. But I came out victorious because Christ was fighting for me. It was an unreal experience and I praise God that I had this blog (and the FB page) and Renee’s book and my beloved Bible to pull me out. Melissa, Thank you for what you do for all of us. It makes a difference.

30. Thank you so much Melissa and all you sisters who have posted! I’ve been trying to replace my “beyonds” with His “Beyonds” all week as the battle in my head and emotions rages on. It’s so comforting and encouraging to know that my sisters are fighting with me and we’re on the right track, on the winning Team, Jesus’ team. His banner of love waves over us and for us and in front of us to cheer us on and to focus our eyes on Him. Phew!

31. Why are the negative beyonds sometimes so much easier to believe?

32. Melissa

I have been reading and following with you but I have not been posting much. I just had to share my struggle with you. I have two adult children one 18 and 21 that still live at home. They are very good young adults as far as never been in any trouble but have graduated from high school and one is attending college. All this is wonderful but they are making me feel like a fail. I remember the chapter about being a people pleaser well that would be me. Well I tried to do nothing but be there for them and now they are grown I expect them to with my help find their way and be more self sufficent. This isn’t going exactly how I thought it would and they are finding everything wrong with how I raised them and make me feel like such a fail. I brought your book because I knew I needed to become more confident in my relationship with the Lord. Well some days I have the fight and then it’s the days like today that I don’t have any fight and wanna give up because I don’t feel like I can do it anymore. I just don’t have anymore of me to give. I know God hasn’t left me but I feel like he’s tried of giving me a chance after chance and now said since you wanna do yourself go ahead and I tried of being strong for everyone. I’m frustrated beyond words with them and myself. Please pray for my family. Please pray for me. I am tried.