Mar 24

An Untroubled Heart~Week 1

Welcome to our 6th Online Bible study here on this blog! I am beyond thrilled that you are joining me, the Online Bible Studies Team, Proverbs 31 Ministries, and 2,600 others from all over the world on this journey to find a faith that is stronger than all our fears.

Before we get started, I’d like to encourage you to join me in a challenge. It is my prayer that all of us would begin this study actually believing that God can work powerfully in each of our lives. Change is possible. Living without fear is possible. Being cared for completely by our Heavenly Father is possible. There is only one thing that could keep these things from happening and that would be our own lack of faith and belief. So, let’s take a risk here. Let’s actually begin this study believing big things for our lives through God and this Bible study.  Are you with me?  If so, I want you to shout it to the world. Give a big cyber shout in the comment section of my blog today announcing that you believe and have the faith that God is going to accomplish great things in you during this Bible study. Even if you do it with a shaky voice and a bit of uncertainty make the choice to try. Will you join me? Here’s my shout out:

I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS GOING TO ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS IN MY LIFE THROUGH THIS STUDY! I BELIEVE MY FAITH WILL INCREASE WHILE MY FEARS WILL BE PLACED IN THE MIGHTY HANDS OF THE ONE WHO CAN TAKE CARE OF ME AND ALL MY CIRCUMSTANCES. I’M READY TO LIVE A FULL LIFE OF CONFIDENCE AND FAITH!

I can’t wait to read yours!

Now, on to Week 1 of An Untroubled Heart.

Here’s what you will  need:  (for those of you who receive this through your email and can’t see the picture below, visit my blog here)

Bible; notebook or journal to record your thoughts, verses, and Bible study questions & answers; a copy or digital version of the book An Untroubled Heart by Micca Campbell; computer with internet access so you can visit my blog daily and visit with our Online Bible Study Community; and a cup of coffee (optional…well maybe for you, necessary for me!).  Go ahead and get these ready today so you’ll be ready for your first assignment tomorrow!

Words of the Week:

Usually we just have one word of focus for the week, but this week, we have three…all taken from our memory verse of the week (below).

Power~Love~Self-Discipline

Memory Verse:

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.”  2 Timothy 1:7

God gave us a spirit of power.  One of the definitions of power is the ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something. I like that. It implies that we have the ability to do something, but we have to take action in order to accomplish it. But the power is ours. It’s a power that comes from God. Because of God we have this ability to act.

God gave us a spirit of love. According to 1 Corinthians 13, love is patient and kind. It is not envious, boastful, or proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. This is a pretty tall order, don’t you think?  On our own, I don’t think we are capable of such behavior. I know I’m not. Because of God, we have a spirit of love. Because of God, we can love like this. It’s up to us to accept this gift from God. It’s a choice, because I assure you I don’t always feel like this.

God gave us a spirit of self-discipline. Confession time. I’m not good at this one. I have great intentions, but I can give in and often it doesn’t take much. Why? Because usually I rely on myself. But wait, it says “self” discipline. And yes, when I rely on me…self, I am likely to fall short or fail. But our verse says that God gives us self-discipline. That’s so much different. When I rely on Him and what He gives me, that means it’s possible. It’s there for me. And I have to choose it. I can do a all things through Christ who gives me strength, even be self-disciplined.

I love that God gives us what we feel we are not capable of.  These are available to us because the Holy Spirit lives in us. When we follow His leading each day our lives will more fully have these characteristics. God doesn’t want us living with timidity (fear). Through God, we are able to overcome our fear so that we can live full lives.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this as well. (comment section of my blog)

Suggested Readings and Assignments for Week 1:

Sunday– Pray and ask God to prepare your heart and the hearts of your sisters in this Bible study group. Enjoy today and be ready to go strong tomorrow. Maybe map out a schedule for your week and make sure you have all your materials ready. (pen, notebook, book, Bible, study space and time)

Monday– Read the Introduction and Chapter 1 of An Untroubled Heart. Highlight in your book anything that stands out. Share it with the girls on my blog. Write this week’s memory verse in your notebook and also on a few notecards . Place the notecards around your house, in your car, at work, etc.

Tuesday– Bible Study: Know It–Stow It–Show It~ This is where the study gets hard. It’s time to apply and examine yourself. On p. 22-24 of An Untroubled Heart, take the time to answer the questions and record them in your notebook/journal. Y’all this is where you have to stay strong and be willing to face the fire and conquer what’s holding you back. Go for it. Don’t be scared. Share anything you want to on my blog. I really want to hear from you!

Tuesday Conference Call #1. You must pay $14 and sign up to be a part of the Conference Call Series, but I promise it’s worth it! You can join us live or listen/download the recorded version of the call.  8 pm tonight we will be joined by the author of An Untroubled Heart, Micca Campbell. She will be sharing her testimony, why she wrote this book, and what she hopes you will gain from studying this book. I will be sharing a message, “Power, Love, and Self-Discipline.”  This call will be recorded if you can’t be on live. I hope you will sign up and join me! This is my time to connect personally with you :)  I will be emailing the call information to all participants on Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday– Read Chapter 2. Highlight in your book and record in your journal/notebook anything that speaks to you. Share it in the comment section of my blog. If you were a part of the conference call series, check your email for the recording information for the call.

Thursday– Bible Study: Know It–Stow It–Show It~ Chapter 2 contains a lot of thought provoking information about Satan’s lies and God’s truths. Things we really need to examine within ourselves and things we need to make decisions about so we can move forward. Not easy, but so rewarding. On p. 38-40 of An Untroubled Heart, take the time to answer the questions and record them in your notebook/journal. Please share.

Friday– Check in to Melissa’s blog for this week’s CHALLENGE! If you are behind, use today to catch up. Do you know this week’s memory verse yet?  Give it try!  Share this week’s victories, concerns, and prayer requests on my blog today.

I hope you will be enthralled by the love of God this week! Keep believing in His power, His love, and His ability to give you self-discipline. Don’t allow the threats of the enemy to take over the peace that God provides. You are worth fighting for. You have an awesome life waiting for you. Believe it and keep studying God’s Word. Plant His Word in your heart. I promise it will take root and produce fruit in due time.

Love you all and I’m so thankful and excited to start this study with you this week. If you have any questions or need prayer, call me at the Proverbs 31 office, 877-731-4663, ext. 200, M-F, 8:30-5:00 or email me at MelissaTaylorQuestions@gmail.com.

Let’s have a great week and get started on this great life-changing Bible study. I believe it, do you?

Comments

1. I believe God’s plan for me includes learning to put faith in him as I give all of my worries and cares over to him. Looking forward to this, my first bible study.

2. Looking forward to an online Bible Study that is much over due, seeing I suffer from panic attacks and agoraphobia this one really spoke to me. God has been faithful in helping me deal with this the past 10 years since diagnosed I feel this will be a next step in my faith

• Lisa, I am so glad you are doing this study! I too have struggled with panic attacks in the past…and they can be a struggle for sure. Praying for you as you take next steps in faith!

• Lisa, I was diagnosed at 15 with severe anxiety disorder and clinical depression. I have suffered with panic attacks for many years and had gotten it under good control until I had children and now I do a lot of What if thinking. I am very much hoping that this study will help me put my faith in God for this.

• Rebekkah says:

Lisa, I admire you for sharing your story. I have a hard time admitting my fears but I’m working on it. I have had panic attacks as well for the past 10 years. I hope I’m on the way to kissing my worries goodbye for good. I do think with God’s help and my faithfulness, I can do it. I’m excited about this study. It has come about at a perfect time in my life. God is GOOD and I know this study in going to be a huge stepping stone in my journey.

• Lisa:
      I too have experienced panic attacks in the past and anxiety. One of my biggest fears is traveling/flying which I am about to do again in two days for Spring Break. I have worked on this for several years now and am much better but I still have those “thoughts” and fears that come and go at certain times. This is my second online bible study – I just finished A Confident Heart with Renee Swope. I also have started to attend bible studies the last couple of years – once a week. I am trying to find my way back to learning the bible and being with God again. Not just believing in Him and knowing Him. My stronger faith has REALLY helped me this past year as my marriage was a little rocky and again my anxiety. This study is coming at a great time! I hope together we find more strength in our faith and learn to give our fears/worries/”what if” thoughts up to God and trust he holds us in his hands.

• Me too girls! I have had panic attacks, anxiety, and depression for 6 years. It has debilitated me. I am believing God for a miracle! I want off this emotional rollercoaster. My kids need me

• I have had panic attacks, anxiety, and depression for 6 years. It has debilitated me. I am believing God for a miracle! I want off this emotional rollercoaster. My family needs me to be strong. The Lord has called us to be courages and to live without fear (Joshua 1:9). I am ready for my heart and mind to heal! I will be praying for you girls too. God bless!

3. I believe that God is going to have a breakthrough in my life! I believe that the heart surgery that has been needed for so long in my life is finally going to be completed by our Great Surgeon and replace my heart with His! I believe that all my past hurts, fears, doubts and angers will be manifested into great strength in Christ and instead of me reaching back and finding comfort in past reactions and responses, that the renewed mind and heart being given to me by Christ will take over within me and I will reach up to Him, each and every time, and Christ’s response will be exhaulted in me!! I SAY IT AGAIN…I BELIEVE!!!

• Donna Bostick says:

Deanna!!! I am so believing with you!! And now, I will talk about the tears rolling down the cheeks!! Love my Jesus sister!!! Praying and believing right alongside of you!!

4. Clarissa says:

THIS IS MY SECOND ONLINE BIBLE STUDY WITH MELISSA AND I HAVE ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I REALLY NEED THIS BIBLE STUDY BECAUSE I LIVE WITH FEAR EACH DAY AND I KNOW THAT IS NOT WHAT GOD WANTS FOR ME. I HAVE MENEIRE’S DISEASE WHICH IS AN INNER EAR DISEASE THAT CAUSES VERTIGO, LIGHTHEADEDNESS, RINGING IN THE EARS, ETC. IT CAUSES ME TO WORRY WITH ANXIETY EACH DAY WONDERING IF I AM GOING TO HAVE AN EPISODE. I PRAY THAT THIS BIBLE STUDY HELPS ME TO PUT ALL MY TRUST IN THE LORD AND REMEMBER WITH HIM THATALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

• Denise Collins says:

Clarissa I too suffer from Meneire’s and have Vestibular Nerve Damage in my right ear (a double whammy as the Doctor puts it). I know exactly how you feel and live with the anxiety, fear and panic attacks of when, not if, but when I am a going to fall or seem to other people like I am on something because of being out of balance. I am praying for you as you go through this study. God Bless!

• Anonymous says:

Hi Denise, I pray that this Bible study helps both of us with our fears and anxiety. I worry every day and I know God is going to give us both the strength to get through this.

• Clarissa/Denise…my husband has this disease as well. God has answered many prayers with this and he has gained great control over it. He hasn’t had a spell in the past 2 years (PRAISE GOD) and has been suffering with it for the last 7. Would love to see what treatment options you ladies have been through and share our story too, if you’d be interested. I pray you ladies have relief from this because my daily anxiety just from worrying about him having a spell was bad enough in itself…felt so helpless.

5. I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS GOING TO ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS IN MY LIFE THROUGH THIS STUDY! I HAVE SOME MOBILITY ISSUES THAT WORRY ME IF I WILL BE ABLE TO GO PLACES AND DO THINGS. I BELIEVE THAT THROUGH THIS STUDY I WILL PUT MY FAITH AND TRUST IN GOD TO GET ME THROUGH SITUATIONS THAT ARISE.

6. I believe that God is going to accomplish great things in my life through this Bible study. I don’t know what those great things are but am hopeful and excited to find out what they will be.

7. During this study, I’m believing God will deliver me from my many fears to walking in faith and trust in Him. I’ve struggled with shyness most of my life, and I see this social fear as a big hindrance in developing relationships and becoming a stronger witness for Christ. The memory verse shared from Timothy is certainly convicting. Other than shyness, though, my biggest fear right now is related to my 18-year-old college son who will be leaving for a mission trip to a Middle Eastern country for 6 weeks, leaving in early May. He has had a sense of calling to international mission work for a few years now, and after much prayer over the past several months, firmly believes this trip is simply a matter of following where God has been leading him. He is aware of the dangers, and has some discomforts about it, but is going out of obedience to God. While I am certain in my head that God is in control and He is leading my son in this direction, I am also struggling with motherly fears of wanting to protect my son, and shield him from danger! It was hard enough letting go when he left for college this year, and now he will be leaving the country! Needless to say, this study couldn’t be more timely for me! I look forward to reading and sharing from the book and scripture together. Thank you so much for doing this study!

• Genia,
      I feel the same way about the shyness. It has really held me back from the Great Commission. Even just to pray in front of a few people at church is a really daunting task. I feel like Moses when God asked him to go free the Hebrews, and I know that God is saying all the same things that he said to Moses about how He will put the words in my mouth when the time comes, but I’m so afraid to listen. I hope that this study will help me overcome that and many other fears, and help me be the witness the God wants me to be.

• Michelle says:

Genia, I can relate to you sister! My son, Zach, is in the Navy & heading to Afghanistan for the next 7 months. I struggle with fear for his safety every single day. I wil pray for you & your son through this time. I believe that God will help us both with giving our sons back to him – He can be with them when we can’t. God bless, Michelle

8. Carolyn Johnson says:

God will have lots of raw material to work with in me. At 69 I remain a fearful woman as my blood pressure would show. I am sitting here praying for real transformation of my spiritual life. Tuesday is my doctor appointment and I am so fearful and want to be delivered from worry. Thank you for this timely study!

• Carolyn…I would like to pray for you.

God, I pray that you will help Carolyn get to the roots of her worries. Help her to understand where her anxiety and fear is stemming from so that she may address these things and move forward. God I pray your sweet blessings upon her life. That she would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. That she would experience your proufound peace and gifts that surpass all understanding. Walk with her closely through this study, with your presence consuming all that she is and all that she does. In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.

9. Sharon mi says:

I”M BELIEVING YOU, GOD! I’M BELIEVING THAT I CAN HAVE FREEDOM IN CHRIST! I’M BELIEVING THAT YOU GOD, WILL USE THIS STUDY TO HELP ME TRADE MY TROUBLED, FEARFUL, ANXIOUS HEART FOR A NEW UNTROUBLED HEART, FILLED WITH YOUR PEACE, LOVE AND JOY. I AM RELYING ON YOU, LORD BECAUSE I KNOW THAT YOU ARE FAITHFUL AND YOU WILL DO IT! TO YOU BE THE GLORY!!! AMEN

10. I never go to the alter at church…but this morning I did. Why? because it as a special prayer time for those who wished to be empowered by the Holy Spirit. I know that is not a coincidence. Although I feel very empowered in my writing, it is almost as if I have a big fat band-aid stapled over my mouth and I just cannot gather my thoughts when I try to speak. I converse on a very surface level, even with my closest friends, because there is a fear that paralyzes me when I try to go deeper. I know I have the spiritual gift of exhortation…yet it is almost as if lately there is some sort of block to using that gift…like I’m just stuck. So it is my declaration that through this study my fear of verbalizing anything other than “hows the weather” will be consumed by the power of the Lord and His Spirit will empower me to speak in ways I never thought possible or imagined!!! Not for myself, but because it is for freedom that I have been set free and I want every moment of my life to radiat the truth…there is not need to be burdened by that nasty yoke of slavery!!!

11. Linda Leighton says:

I am so excited to do this study. I believe that there are some important areas of my life that God wants me to turn over to him…those that I am afraid to let go. Fear of change…fear of rejection…fear of the unknown…fear of the future. I know in my heart that God has great plans for me, but I fight it in my mind because I don’t always see the “how” of it all. I’m so thankful to study with y’all (how’s that Stephanie?) and realize that God is in control and worthy of my complete faith and trust.

• Teresa Zellner says:

Linda, you used my exact words to describe what I’ve been struggling with. I’ll be praying for you as we go through this journey together. I know God has big plans for me too, but I’ve just been taking baby steps and dragging my feet doing what He’s asked me to do. I believe with all my heart that through this study we both will be able to move forward with God has called us to.

12. I am going to finish this bible study and be able to complete many more in the future because I know God is taking the failure to finish away from me and began today to prepare me to be the servant for Him that He already knows I will become. Thank you so much for this study and having an online group, it feels complete.

13. Dawn Yost says:

I believe God is going to work in and through me with this Bible study. That my fear and anxiety of bringing my 5 boys up to be Godly men with Godly wives and families (I often feel I’m not doing a good enough job and worry about what they’re futures will be), my fears that I won’t lose the weight that I desperately want to lose so that I am healthy and can live a long life to see my grandchildren (girls hopefully!!) a LONG time from now! I have faith to know that when I feel anxious about my marriage, that God will be with me and be my strength and help me through the rough times. I BELIEVE I will fly on eagles wings!!

14. Alecia L Wallstrom says:

I’m ready to let go of all the hurt and shame thats held me back for so long and run to the arms of the one who knows me and still loves me just the same!!!

15. Bonnie Weissmann says:

I beleive in God and that this bible study will enlighten me and bless me, my family and those around me….

16. I BELIEVE FOR GREAT THINGS TO COME THROUGH THIS BIBLE STUDY! FREE FROM BONDAGE OF FEAR AND FOR GOD TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS THAT CONCERNS ME! THIS GENERATIONAL CURSE OF FEAR WILL BE BROKEN IN THE NAME JESUS! MY CONFIDENCE IS IN THE LORD! PERFECT LOVE CAST OUT ALL FEARS! THANK YOU JESUS!

17. God, I pray that you will use this study and these women who are participating to help me overcome my fears…about my marriage, about my job, about death, and most importantly about my faith and being the Christian you want and know that I can be. I pray you will work through this study to help me live a peaceful and confident life that is centered around YOU rather than MY problems. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, and I pray that you help me use it the right way. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

• Jennifer Rasor says:

What a beautiful prayer, Kristy! I pray that along w/ you, and especially about fears of work and my faith and being the Christian God wants me to be. God bless you!

18. I believe that God has great things in store for me and my children. I believe that every trial I face He provides me with the strength to overcome all the obstacles. I believe that God will restore me to better than before!! I believe that my children will be blessed beyond belief because they belong to Him!! I thank God for this bible study and am excited about the experience. This is my first online bible study and I can’t wait to worship and learn with all of you!

19. I BELIEVE GOD HAS A GREAT PLAN FOR BREAKING ME FREE FROM LIVING IN FEAR THROUGH THIS STUDY!!! I PRAY THIS STUDY AND ENCOURAGEMENT FROM ALL OF YOU, WILL REPLACE FEAR WITH FAITH AND TRUST IN THE ONE WHO IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN CONTROL. I AM WEARY OF LIVING IN FEAR FOR MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN AND AM READY TO SURRENDER AND TRUST!!

20. Oh I know God has placed this study in my life at this very moment for a reason! Thank you Jesus!! I having been living in a pit of fear for the last year of my life, and it has intensified so much over these past few weeks. I’m ready to wrestle it out with God and find some FREEDOM!!!

and P.S. to anyone who is just finding this study and does not have the book- you can download the ebook at Christianbook.com!

21. I believe God is going to do AMAZING things through this study! He has brought our power verse to me 3 times already this week! In church, His Spirit completely overwhelmed me and brought me to tears when we sang Your Love Never Fails. I am excited and trusting in His power!

• Carrie H. says:

So do I..:-). May the greatness of the Glory of God shine through each of us during this study..

22. I BELIEVE THAT GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ME! I BELIEVE THAT HE HAS A PLAN FOR HELPING ME BREAK OUT OF MY FEARS OF REJECTION, INFERIORITY, AND APPREHENSION. I BELIEVE I CAN SURRENDER MY LIFE TOTALLY TO HIM AND LET HIM BE IN CONTROL! I WANT TO STOP WORRYING AND START TRUSTING—NOW!

23. I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS GOING TO FREE ME FROM SELF-DOUBT!
    I have always held back from living the life that I know God has designed specifically for me because of fear…fear of failure, a.k.a self-doubt. A dear friend once challenged me, ” What would you do if you knew you could not fail?”. Those words echo in my mind, and God whispers the same question to my spirit. I’m ready to learn how to fully trust Him and his will for my life!!!

24. I’m so excited to start this study. I’m happy that another friend told me about this as I am ready to let go of my troubled heart. I’ve had a rough year. I had twins born at 27 weeks. They spent 60 days in the NICU. Then 30 days after we brought them home we moved 2 hours from all my family and friends. I had a hard time connecting with people. It was especially hard to get out with three kids under three. Nut through the grace of God I made new friends, found a great home church, am closer to my husband and have three beautiful, healthy children. I’m hoping this bible study will continue growing my faith and help me to see my true potential through Christ!

25. I believe that God loves me with a love that is perfect, unconditional, never ending, and wants me to feel that love every day.

I believe that I can stick to who I am in Christ and cling to His truths and never let them go.

I believe who I am to God is the most important thing in my life.

I believe that God can get rid of all of my fears I have of starting a relationship with the man He has hand-picked for me. I believe He will bring that man into my life on HIS timing and He will help me be patient.

26. Jenny Kozar says:

LORD I BELIEVE YOU HAVE SO MUCH IN STORE FOR ME … MY PRAYER IN ALL OF THIS IS THAT YOU HELP ME TO RECEIVE IT.

I am so happy to being this journey with all of you. My prayer is not only that I receive this but that each and every one of you receive this gift of an Untroubled heart as well.

27. I believe that God has lead me to this study at the right time in my life. He knows the anxiety and fear that I deal with every day and He knows what I am facing in the next few weeks. He wants me to heart-learn not just head-learn that He is capable and willing to take care of me regardless of what is going on in my life. No matter how afraid I feel or lost I seem, He is ALWAYS with me and when I lean on Him there is nothing I can’t do.

28. Ellie Malek says:

LORD, I KNOW YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IF I AM WILLING TO GIVE IT ALL TO YOU. GOD I COMMIT TO GIVING YOU ALL THE JUNK IN MY LIFE!

29. My shout out!!!

I believe that God is going to do amazing things in my life through this study! I believe that God is going to take me through my fears & bring me to being at peace with my feelings. God has been asking me to give my fears over to him for quite some time now & I’m ready to start doing that. I believe that God will bring me through my fears in his time. His word tells me so & I believe it with all of my heart. I want to start living the life that God has for me to be living. A life where I’m not afraid of what others think, a life where I’m not afraid of everything that I’ve never done before, a life where I choose God over my fears. God wants that for me & so do I!!!

30. I am so blessed by all your encouraging comments, confessions and prayers. Fear…those horrible, deep in the pit, butterflies…that paralyze and consume…I am ready to face them with you all. I so fear for my adult son who has had so many things/accidents and unfortunate things happen to him…unemployment for both kids and husband…the recent loss of my dad….and my kids not following Jesus…so much that I cannot fix…so much God wants to tell me “I got it all Paula” ……I pray freedom in Christ for us all!!

31. My “big cyber shout”: I BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL DO GREAT THINGS IN MY LIFE THROUGH THIS BIBLE STUDY. My “shaky voice and a bit of uncertainty”: ….if I really devote some energy to it, keep at it through to the end, and actually participate in sharing on the blogs instead of simply reading everyone else’s posts.

• Teresa Zellner says:

Great start, Heather, by sharing this with us. Just keep on staying committed and communicating on here. Participation is important. You can do it — with God’s strength!

• I am right there with you! I read all the other posts but rarely add one of my own! I am trusting in the Lord, he will do great things in this study! I just need to put in the time and energy!

32. I am excited to see what God has in store for me through this bible study and turning all my burdens over to Him. I truly believe Jeremiah 29:11-14 therefore I trust Him with my future!

33. Robin in VA says:

My favorite verse for many years has been 2 Timothy 1:7. Wow, our first memory verse. I memorized this verse as a child who was afraid of thunderstorms. Now I find comfort in a thunderstorm. Crazy I know, but true. My favorite version of the verse is the KJV “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” I especially like the “sound mind” part, because so many days I feel like I am losing my mind in a sea of “To Do Lists” and “Unfinished Tasks”. I now see that I need to remember this verse in every area of my life when I am afraid. I am very excited and hopeful as I start this study. God please bless each one who is participating in this study. I pray the Spirit will lead and guide each of our hearts to hear what God wants to show us. Everyone have a blessed and joy filled day.
    I AM SURRENDERING ALL I HAVE TO GOD TODAY! I HAVE TO SURRENDER MY LIFE, MY UNFORGIVING HEART AND STRUGGLES I TRY TO FIX ON MY OWN, MY DAUGHTER, MY STEPSON, MY HUSBAND, MY MARRIAGE AND ALL THAT I TRY TO CONTROL TO GOD. I TRUST GOD WITH MY LIFE OR I DON’T. THAT IS THE QUESTION.

34. Becky B. says:

I believe that God is going to do great things in my life thru this study. I have some fears that I would love to conquer with God’s almighty help.

35. I am looking forward to this Bible Study; this is my first ever. I am ready to fully open my heart and mind and know that God is always there for me, whatever I may fear. I feel that great things will come from this study!

36. LaToshia Jordan says:

I AM TRUSTING GOD TO EMPOWER MW TO LWT MY FAITH ALWAYS OVERRIDE MY FEAR. FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN, UNCERTAINTY THAT NAY ARISE IN MY LIFE. BUT FOCUS ON SERVING HIM AND KNOW THAT JUST AD HW WATETS THE LILYS OF THE FIELD AND FEED THE FOWL OF THE AIR HE WILL SURELY PROVIDE FOR MY GIRLS AND I. FAITH IN JESUS

37. Merlene Carter says:

I am expecting great things from God. This past year has been a very hard year to say the least. 4 people in my family died, my daughter tried to take her life and my son whom I am trusting God to return home to Him has turned his back on God and is living a very sinful dangerous life style. He is homeless and not sure where his next meal is coming from. To know where God had him about year ago, going on mission trips, being a youth leader, preaching and teaching for the glory of God and to see where he is today is breaking my heart. But I am choosing to trust God with his life and to return the prodigal son home to Him, to me. I am waiting for the day to come when he is once again standing in the rain praising God and his heart is on fire for God. For now I cry a lot, pray a lot and trust God a lot. God has promised never to lose one of us and I know he will not start with my son. God has promise that if one of us goes astray He will leave the 99 and go after the 1 and my son is the 1 and I believe God is after him even has I write this. I believe that this study will help me get throught this and help me to have the womens Bible study/ministry God is calling me to and not be afraid. Please pray for me?
    All my love and prayers to all of you,
    Merlene

38. I’m so thankful that this Bible study is here and I can have structured, spiritual ammunition to fight off the fears and worries that I obsess over on an almost hourly basis…I feel like I could type 10 pages worth of them and not cover everything. I so need to build my faith and shun these negative thoughts that some days totally consume me. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of my Savior, listen to Christian music, and hopefully ‘thank’ my Savior; however, as a regular church-goer for most of my life, for some reason this past year I’ve only been to church a couple of times. Anyway, don’t want to start a book–so glad to be here with all of you ladies and looking forward to the next six weeks :) I’m keeping the mindset “GREAT THINGS ~ARE~ GOING TO HAPPEN AS A RESULT OF THIS STUDY”

39. The memory verse for this week is powerful and my favorite version is from the New King James: 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. I have this verse pinned above my phone at work. Work has become a miserable and anxiety inducing place for me and this verse has grounded me when I needed it (or was trying to stay a panic attack). I pray that this verse will remind all of us that our fear and anxiety is not from God, but from Satan and God does not want us to experience it. I pray that I will personally be freed from my fear.

• Amanda R. says:

Sara-it’s amazing how He has a plan for everything and you have spoken to my heart tonight. And we’re just starting our study!!!! I, myself am experiencing the same feelings with my workplace. God doesn’t want us to experience fear and anxiety and your comment tonight reminded me of that… Thank you-I too want to be set free from my fear and anxiety and pray the same for you! God bless!

• Thanks for your response…I’m feeling really emotional about this and I think it’s the Holy Spirit reminding me that I am not alone with my anxiety. I hope you are blessed through our study!

• Sara–ditto what Amanda & you said…I, too, have this same anxiety at work it makes it to where I cannot sleep at night and the exhaustion during the day makes the next day at work even tougher. The scripture I have had on my desk at work for the past 2 months is Phillipians 4:7, “And the Peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” When things get to the point at work where I just want to walk out (but can’t because I’ve got to have a paycheck) I read this scripture and take many deep breaths, and pray pray pray. My stomach still remains in knots; but, it helps calm my fears.

• Hi Lulu- I agree about the walking out part! I have two other verses on my wall at work- 2 Samuel 22:33, “God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect” and Philippians 4:6, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God”. I pray you have an anxiety-free week and I’m glad to know I’m not alone.

40. Amanda R. says:

I believe God is calling me to this study…that His plans are bigger than what I can imagine. I believe that I’m my foot is on the right path and pray that my sisters going through this journey with me are under His love and care.

41. Jennifer Rasor says:

I believe God will do good things in my life, heart and mind through this Bible study. I have many fears and sometimes I feel I’ve overcome, but they always return. I’m tired of mourning over my past and believing the worst about my future. I want to live every moment in faith and hope, not just when it comes easy. I’m a very feelings-driven person so this is hard for me. But God is greater than my fears and my feelings, and I know He can deliver me and “restore the years the locusts have eaten.”

42. Teresa Zellner says:

I confess my sin of doubt and fear to you, Lord, and I want to fully submit to you to do your complete will. I know you have a plan for me. You spoke it to me clearly 10 years ago, and I’ve started to proceed with it many times, but fear arises, and I back off. Lord, this time, through this study, I want to break through this barrier of fear and put my complete trust in you and move forward doing what you called me to do …. and even greater things.

I really need this study now, as so many of my sisters on here have also said. Lord, please help each of us be self-disciplined enough to do the work each day, give us the courage to really open up and be honest with ourselves, to you, and to each other here with our answers. Grow our faith, Lord, as we trust in You! You have great things you have called us to do, and Lord, I pray that we will all be able to see past the fear and anxiety, keep our eyes focused on You, and confidently move forward doing Your work! Thank you, Lord, for being so patient with me, and giving me another chance to do what You have asked me to do. I love you, Lord, and I really do want to be ALL that You have planned for me! Help me overcome my fear, help me with my unbelief.

43. I BELIEVE that God will use this Bible Study to help me focus on Him and trust Him through everything!

44. Hey all! I sooo need this Bible Study. I am one of those people that worries about EVERYTHING. My fears have caused me so much worry in my life and my poor daughter – she’s 23 now – my goodness, I would and still worry about her if I am unable to reach her and it takes any more than 10 – 15 minutes for her to get back to me. I could really go on and on about my fears in all areas of my life, but I am not going to speak them any longer. I have FAITH that this Bible Study is going to relieve me of those fears so I can live in peace. I am so excited to get started. Blessings and prayers for you all

• Hi Kelly…this blog has been so great so far. It’s so nice to know we’ll have so many ladies feeling exactly what we feel, praying for us and us praying for them. There have been so many posts, yours included, that I feel like I wrote myself. God bless & can’t wait to share and pray more this next 6 weeks.

45. Christine says:

This past year I’ve come a long way with replacing fears with faith, and I am excited to grow more through this study. I never really understood the verse about perect love casts out fear… until I realized that the more I know God, His character, and His amazing love for me, the more hope and trust I have in Him instead of my circumstances, and the more my fears decrease. I’ve benefitted a lot from reading in the Psalms and journaling what I learn about God and His love. I have also realized that often I have to make a mental choice, and I choose to put my hope and trust in the Lord, no matter where my feelings are at the moment. Thank you Melissa and Micca for this great study that touches on such a core struggle for so many women. God Bless!

46. I belive that God led me to this study as He knows how much fear influences my life. I hope and pray that through this study I will learn to replace fear with faith, to find hope and courage in the word of God, and to become a woman fully able to trust in the Lord with my life. I know that I will learn a lot from all of you in this study and am thankful to be joining you on this journey. God bless you all!

47. Catherine says:

I believe that God is going to accomplish great things in me through this bible study. I have been struggling for some time about placing all my trust in Him. I am going through a divorce that I do not want. I just can’t see that this is what God truely wants but I have placed my marriage, our lives and my worries in His hands. I believes this bible study is going to draw me nearer to where I need to be.

48. I believe God is at work in my life and stumbling upon this bible study was no coincidence! I live a life of worry…I don’t know what I’d do if there wasnt something to worry about. I know this is in direct opposition to God’s word, but I have failed to let it go…my prayer is that my Father in heaven will speak to my heart and bring me to a place of understanding how to let it go…how to fully trust ….so excited!

49. I am so excitied for this bible study. I have never done an online one before. I have the faith and truly believe God is going to do amazing things through this study.

50. I truly believe in my heavenly father. I know he will carry me as I release my worries to him. I know he is faithful and will never leave me.