Mar 25

Not an Easy Start~Chapter 1

I wish this study had an easier beginning. But it doesn’t.

Here is today’s suggested assignment:

Monday– Read the Introduction and Chapter 1 of An Untroubled Heart. Highlight in your book anything that stands out. Share it with the girls on my blog. Write this week’s memory verse in your notebook and also on a few notecards . Place the notecards around your house, in your car, at work, etc.

Words of the Week:

Usually we just have one word of focus for the week, but this week, we have three…all taken from our memory verse of the week (below).

Power~Love~Self-Discipline

Memory Verse:

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.”  2 Timothy 1:7

So ladies, it’s time to dive in. It’s not pretty. Micca’s story that she shares in Chapter 1 is messy. Read it and soak it in, but don’t let it bring you down. Let it encourage you. If she can survive that…..you can too.

Begin to memorize this week’s verse to help you. Do you realize how powerful God’s Word is?

Yesterday was hard for me. I knew it was coming. I even talked to my family before it got here. I asked them to just leave me alone. Allow me to have my time of reflection and grief.

You see, 2 years ago, I lost my mom to cancer. She was only 63 and I wasn’t ready to let her go. I still need her today. But she’s not here. Still, I’m ok….because God is taking care of me. That’s the only reason why. Read here how God willed me to grieve my loss in “God’s Will For Me to Grieve.”

As life would have it, my grief and reflection was also interrupted by a mouse. Yes, we had a live mouse in our house that sent me screaming with fear up to perch atop a chair in my den….where I remained throughout the day! How ironic that the day we begin a Bible study on fear, that one of my fears confronts me head on.  Yes y’all, I’m afraid of critters in  my house! I know that may sound silly and pales in comparison to some of your fears, but it was big to me.

We haven’t caught the mouse, but my family has sure had fun with my fear:

Just FYI, this is a fake mouse. Not funny.  (if you receive my blogposts via email, you probably can’t see the picture. Visit my blog to see it. Click here.

For those who don’t have the book yet, Jennifer Rasor, one of our Bible study sisters, found this link where you can actually get the full introduction and Chapter 1!!!  http://davidccook.com/catalog/resources/samples/105953.pdf  For today, there is no excuse for everyone not to get started :) Thanks Jennifer for sharing this!

I also have a very special treat for you. The author of An Untroubled Heart, Micca Campbell, has a message for all of you on her blog today. Make sure you stop by her place, check it out, and leave her a note. She is ultra sweet and how often do you get the gift of personally hearing from the author of a book you are reading? It’s rare. Thank you Micca <3

And speaking of Micca, she is the first guest on our conference call series that begins tomorrow, March 27th.

Ok ladies, I know it’s not easy to face your fears, but it’s time. Today I encourage you to read Chapter 1 of An Untroubled Heart.  Digest it. Soak it in. Pray for the Lord to speak to you where you are…He will.

Y’all, let me know how you are feeling.  How do you feel about what Micca went through?  How are you feeling about your life? Do you think God is speaking to you in this study? What’s He saying?

Share your thoughts with us today in the comment section about all this and our words and verse of the week. We need to hear from you! Your thoughts matter.

Love you so big.

I can’t wait to hear from you!

Praying for you big time!

Comments

1. Jennifer Rasor says:

For those who don’t have the book yet, I found this link where you can actually get the full introduction and Chapter 1!!! http://davidccook.com/catalog/resources/samples/105953.pdf

2. Edwina Botha Howard says:

Friends, since I heard about this study, I have waited in anticipation for it to begin. I have a big issue with fear, it paralyzes me, it takes over my entire life, it is written all over my face, I can feel it in my body.
    Well, now that the study is here, I don’t want to do it, I feel so discouraged. But deep in my heart I know that study was designed for me, I know that the devil wants to keep me from getting my victory over my fear, but not this time. This time it is going to be different. I accept the challenge and am willing to run with it no matter what.

• Michele Caséca says:

Hi Edwina,

I`m so glad you have accepted the challenge and decided to do the study no matter what. Well, if you didn´t, you would be missing many blessing God has for you, girl!
      Facing our fears is actually an option. We can either let fear paralize us, our lives and our dreams, or we can link arms with God and face our fears with Him. And do you know the best part? God always wins!
      I just received an e-mail as a reward from a fear I faced with God 9 months ago. It´s SO worth it! Go for it, and don´t look back. Do what God tells you to do, and you will be victorious!

I`m praying for you.
      Michele

• I can so relate to your post – fear controlled my life for 35+ years. It got so bad that I grew disgusted with myself. Slowly through each of these studies I have grown closer to God, each one helped to “let go” of something and I am so ready to get rid of the last little bit of fear I live with. I will be praying for you, that this study opens you up to God’s marvelous love for you so that you are no longer afraid.

• Carrie H. says:

Good for u Edwina!:). I’m excited to see the break thorough God has waiting for on ur journey with Him! God is faithful!! God has shown me this several times in my journey….:). Yet, I to have fear today in my life that is paralyzing me from the future that God has waiting for me,& I must face these fears like all the others, such as cancer that I survived 8 years ago, by taking one step at a time, & letting God hold my hand & walk me through, step by step. For me this means I must not run ahead of Him, or behind Him, but with Him…. When ur 100% dependent on God, that’s when he’s able to teach us the most, & that’s not necessarily a bad place to be…

• Rhonda H. says:

I will pray for you. The devil loves us to stay where we are and not grow or become dependant on God. Phillipians 4:11-Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. v.13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
      Sincerely, Rhonda

• Hi Edwina, I believe that this study is also designed for me and we well do it together in faith over fear, victory over defeat and hope over doubt. IN JESUS NAME AMEN!

• good for you, edwina! in my own struggles, it seems that the first step is always the most difficult. endeavor to keep your <3 set towards the Lord. and, along with our sisters, i too will be praying for you. may God bless you in your efforts to be pleasing to Him! <3

3. I am sorry for Micca, that she had to go through such a hard time. It was incredibly brave of her to write about it, definitely a God given gift to write about it. Her story reminds me of my cousin who also married young. She found out she was pregnant and told her husband. unfortunately later that day he was on the roof fixing the solar panel, he was electrocuted and died. she lost the baby within that week.
    Life doesn’t deal us easy situations, but God is always with us and despite all the hardship, he wont let us be in any situation that we cannot deal with (now or later).
    I have a lot of problems with anxiety, fear, worry, stress. so Ive faith that this study is going to help me through those and help to let go of them.
    I really like the memory verse. its great. im putting a section of my Happy wall (a wall in my room with bible verses, pretty pictures, inspirational sayings etc) aside for the Untroubled Heart. so im making coloured notes with memory verse on it for there and the kitchen and lounge (and toilet – everyone reads something there!). so its everywhere 😀

• Hi Kate,
      I LOVE your idea of a Happy Wall!!! We are planning to build a house in the upcoming few months and I am already planning to make my own happy wall in my home office! It sounds so great and inspirational! Thank you so much for your idea!

I agree with you about Micca’s bravery and strength to share her story. I too, struggle with anxieties daily and I am excited to begin this study with this group of women that share in my struggles. I will be praying that all of our hearts are touched by this study! :)

4. Wow, just read the first chapter, sobbed.
    My father re married 2 yrs ago, after 50yrs of marriage to my mum – my best
    friend, he announced his intention just before the first anniversary of her death. We were the closest of families. To cut a very long story short, his new wife felt threatened by our relationship, she assaulted me in public after she took offense in Church, has had nothing to do with me or my family since, my Dad now goes to a Church of her choosing, sees me occasionally for coffee but never with her as she wont come. It has been a very long, painful, hard journey. Our daughter is getting married in July and has not invited her to the wedding, Dad states he will not come (although she has clearly stated that she doesnt want to come anyway!) My husband, son and daughter are non Christians and that is difficult. All kicked off again yesterday! Sometimes feel like my heart is breaking, and I feel so alone.
    Am so pleased to be taking part in this bible study – so need this right now!

• Sheena, I have been there – oh how I have been there. Unfortunately, I have no more contact with my side of the family b/c of this. My dad remarried on my mom’s bday – 4 short months after my mom died. My parents were divorced and had been for years, but why THAT date, why not another knowing how difficult it would be for me? Again, a very long story. Just wanted you to know you are not alone there and I feel your pain deeply. Also, to encourage you, b/c of that day and the events that happened, I was blessed greatly right afterwards to know how much God loves me and for that I would relive that day a thousand times over.

I hope through this study you find some peace in your heart, mind, body and soul. Praying….

• Sheena Keefe says:

Thanks Veronica, your post encouraged me greatly, am so sorry to hear that you have been through a similar time. Shortly after reading the first chapter, and subsequently writing on here (something that I have never done before!) I felt a tremendous peace – looking forward to whats in store! Thanks

• I have been there too! Praying for healing that can only come from God for your family!
          I know it’s possible to heal the hurts, sometimes it takes time, and sometimes we cannot heal the strained relationships until we can move past the pain of losing someone so dearly and move into our new normal of not having them here on Earth.
          I know your all too difficult situation…I lost my dad when I was 15 years old and within a year of his death my mother had remarried our pastor and we had moved to a new place 2 hours from the only home I had known. To say I was broken was an understatement. Not only did I lose my dad and was daddy’s little girl, I lost my home. Or what I thought of as home, my place of security in the midst of have my parental foundation shook, my physical foundation was shaken as well.
          I hated my step father for what he did to me. That’s what my then 16 year old brain thought. Why did he have to take advantage of my mom in her time of pain, he was her counselor. That’s what my family thought. It was a long hard few years. I went off to college and left that pain behind or so I thought because I ran away from it and from seeing them everyday flaunt their new love. She acted like she loved my step father more than my father whom she was married to for 29 years. I didn’t know what that kind of love was yet, nor how it looks…wanting to be with each other so much, every waking hour and cleaving to each other.
          Finally after I got married myself did I realize why my mom and step father did what they did…out of love. Although it still may be wrong that they found love out of a counsel session…love they did find and God blessed them for it.
          It took time to realize that she wasn’t leaving me or my father behind, she just was moving on sooner than what I had possible in my own pain. It took me longer to grieve my father than it took her to grieve her husband. Actually I’ve heard that those who marry soon after a spouse dies do this because they loved being married and they know the benefits and the healing power love has.
          Eventually after my wounds had time for scabsto form and after only scars were left was I able to look at the person my step father was and we said our piece…I appologized for every hurtful word I said to him (I was a rebellious teen after all when he became my stepdad) and we moved onto a friendship. That’s all I wanted. I ddin’t need a dad as I had already had an amazing earthly father, I needed a friend. We had a friendship and formed a bond that even his death has not released. He died of parkinson’s 3 year ago. I still think of him and my dad and how blessed I was to have them both in my life, even for a short time…I had my stepfather for 15 years as well.
          I see now all the blessings that God bestowed upon me. An amazing high school experience and the healing it brought because my first high school was a horrible place, full of very mean kids that pushed me down with their words every day, and that new high school the kids were never mean to me and accepted me for me. I have step brothers and a step sister I love that I would have never know…and all of their amazing kids as well. I became closer to my mom because we grew through the pain. I had an amazing second dad that I still remember saying that my little newborn baby boy was the most precious baby he had ever seen. I was so glad he was able to meet him. I would have never experienced the healing that only God can make out of a horrible situation. No daughter should lose her father so young.
          Fortunately you don’t have to lose your father. Take time to heal and keep trying until you can try no longer…he is worth it and obviously she’s worth it too, because he picked her. Like you said, she’s threatened and hopefully, my prayer is, that she will grow enough in their love that she won’t feel threatened any more and so healing can come for you all.
          Praying for you Sheena!

• Sheena Keefe says:

Thanks Amy,
            It is so nice to know that I am in your prayers – you are right I need to take time to heal. Thank you :)

5. Leah Parkin says:

Micca, the first chapter had me sobbing for you, for your mother in law, even for me as I couldn’t imagine ever going through that (allowed that fear to slip in). My husband is a soldier in the army, he’s left us many times and I’ve allowed my brain to go “there” many times, living in fear for the months at a time that he’s been gone. Wondering, worrying if I too would be left a widow with 2 small children. When days would go by without a call, I would find myself saying, “why NOT me? Why am I so special to have my husband return home safely while so many other wives had to face the dreaded “footsteps and knock” at the door?” Before he left each time we would plan his funeral “just incase” but yet I was still claiming that I had enough faith that God would keep him safe. I’ve spent my entire life contradicting my faith and it shows up in my fears that I’ve let consume me. I’ve struggled with God’s will being done, meaning I’d just have to accept it if my husband never made it home, and praying for his safe return…what if that wasn’t God’s will, so how do I pray? I’ve wasted more time wondering and worrying about God’s plan than actually TRUSTING in God’s plan. Fortunately, and thankfully, God did allow him to come home each and everytime.
    I was grabbed by Micca’s confident statement in her introduction that reads…”I’ve developed a faith stronger than all my fear. I’m certain you can too.” She didn’t say, “I’m working on developing a fatih stronger than all my fear”, or “I’m waiting for God to give me a faith stronger…” No! She said, she’s already developed that faith stronger than all her fear. That sings to my heart! It really is possible isn’t it? In all honesty, I didn’t realize it until I read her statement, but I see now, that even going into this study where I’m supposed to know that I’m not made to live in fear, I have a wall put up. And it’s a wall of doubt, untrust, unbelief, lack of faith that is telling me…”well, yes, you are going to do this study but gaining a faith stronger than your fear? HA! Yeah right!” What a powerful, confident statement that shows that Micca has been brought out of her past experiences by being allowed and freed to live in the present without having to justify her fears. It’s really possible!

6. I can’t say how thankful I am that Micca has allowed us in to her life and followed God’s calling to share her story with us as an encouragement to all of us. I’m up WAY past my bedtime so I will keep this brief for now but a big thing that stood out for me was that I need to stop feeling safe through others and/or certain circumstances. For an example, if my husband isn’t home at night I tend to hear any and every little noise, etc. What I realized is not only is God always with me, even if my husband were home it may or may not make a difference. God may or may not use him to protect me from something but He always will be by my side. That’s all my tired brain has for the moment. I’ll be back to post more soon! Love & blessings to all and I’m praying for everyone on this journey!

• Sarah Rose says:

Judy. thank you for sharing! I think you hit the nail on the head for me too! I need to stop feeling safe through other people, and find my safety and comfort from God! Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom!

7. I was also in tears reading Chapter 1 and how impressed I am on how she realise God’s work on her situation even if it doesn’t look good. Lately, I wasn’t sure if I should join this Bible study but God did make a way. I was sick since Saturday until now thus I have a lot of time to rest and commune with God. Reading Chapter 1 made me realise that yes I am sometimes…well most of the times a worry-freak girl. I remember when me and my ex-boyfriend were in long distance relationship before, our means of communication is via texting and sometimes facetime. We constantly inform each other what we are doing, where are we or whom we are with. But there are times that I worried whenever he didn’t text me where he is when I know he usually inform me. There was one time that I know he should be home already from work but is not responding. I got worried-sick I even asked his mom. Later did I know when he got home that his mobile phone was just out of battery. That particular scenario and other types of situations and Micca’s message in Chapter 1 reminded that I should really need to learn to trust God. I love it when she said…”God met me in my pain and carried me to new levels of grace.” Levels of grace —I pray I could really learn how to trust God in every situation.

8. For most of my life I have been afraid of death, however, when my mom died suddenly and unexpectedly at the age of 48 years old; all my fears were staring me in the face. As I have a son who has a life threatening illness and by all medical reasoning shouldn’t be here, all my fears have been staring me in the face. It’s hard to explain but having my mom die so suddenly, it has helped me to let go of my fear for my son. Neither one of my children should be alive today – both are miracles in totally different ways but nevertheless, I look at them and KNOW, it’s nothing I did or the doctors did – actually if I would have listened to the doctors neither one would be alive today. They are here because God has a purpose for their lives!!!

My favorite part of chapter one is on page 20 in the actual book (not eReader) Psalm 139:7-10. Followed by Micca writing “Even in the pit of death, God had come to say; “you are not alone. I am here”

So very true……

9. God’s timing is perfect. I just finished 40 Days to a Purpose Driven Life and was looking for a new Bible study and I found this on Pinterest. My life has some issues and challenges and I need help focusing on His presence and grace. Got the book last night.
    Thank you so much.
    Chris

• Sarah Rose says:

We are excited to have you join us Chris!

• I love how God laid it all for you to lead you here and totally LOVE that you found out about the study from pinterest. Glad you are here

• Carrie H. says:

Love, “40 days of Purpose Driven Life”! I found the Lord through that study a little over 8 years ago…. I found God on a Sunday as a direct result of what I read on the first few days of the study, I was baptized the following Wednesday Night and diagnosed with stage 2 cancer the Friday of the same week. God worked in amazing ways during that 40 day journey of “Purpose Driven Life”, while I was going through the most dramatic thing I had yet to come in touch with in my life…. I hope it was a huge blessing to u as it was for me..:-) Well to this study, I am very excited to see God move in all of our lives! :-)

10. Lori Ann says:

I, too, have spent much of my life in living in fear. I don’t know about anyone else out there, but my fears have changed with life. When I was little I was afraid of the dark–not just a little afraid…terrified. And I had an older brother who used to use this to “torture” me in a big brother kind of way. As I got older, my fears turned to my parents and the fear of them getting divorced–And this fear did eventually become a reality, but I have managed to work through all of that and now have a family of my own. Now my fears are that something will happen to one of my children. This feeling was so real when I had my second child that I suffered from post-partum depression as a result. Currently my oldest child is battling an eating disorder and I have obvious fears for her and her future. Top all of this off with the fear that goes with being married to a police officer for the past 22 years. . . Although I have attended my share of funerals, I praise God everyday when he safely walks in the door at the end of his shift. Of course, the fear of me dying and leaving them all “clueless” is another. My husband would never be able to figure out how to manage our finances. . . not sure he understands the “robbing Peter to pay Paul” method. :) All of these (and others that simply pop up on a daily basis) are the reasons I am in this study. I pray that I will not only be blessed, but that somewhere alond the way, I will also be a blessing to someone else in their struggle.

11. I first bought this book a couple of years ago and remember the 1st time I picked it up to read. The 1st chapter with Micca’s loss of her husband made me stop reading because of fear. At the time my husband was deployed to Afghanistan and was living every minute in constant danger. I was afraid if I read what happened to Micca and how she coped that maybe just maybe the same thing would happen to me. This is my 2d marriage and my 1st one ended in a lot of pain and heartache and I did not want to tempt fate that my marriage to my husband now would end tragically with him being in such danger all the time. I am soo glad though that I picked it back up again with this study and now as an army wife I can read this book knowing that if the unthinkable does happen that I will never be alone, that God will come running to me as I am running and screaming at Him why. I know that no matter what we do, that everything God does, He does for our good and not to harm us. This study I know will be an emotional one because of all the fears I have hidden and bottled up are slowly being bought to the surface as God will lead me through this journey of trusting even with my fears. Thank you Micca for sharing your story.

• Sarah Rose says:

I often pray for military wives. You are so brave! Thank you for being willing to confront this fear and seek out new ways to trust God! :)

12. Michelle says:

A couple of things stood out to me as I read the first chapter. First of all, how Micca has come through what I’m sure was her worst fear with such deep & abiding faith. I loved her telling us about crying out WHY?!?! to God. There have been many times that I wanted to do that – but was afraid of what His reaction would be! The word picture of God running to His screaming child like a mother runs to her screaming child really blessed me.

Her statement that “our present fears are fueled by our past experiences. Nevertheless, God doesn’t want us to go through the res of our lives justifying our fears” really hit home.

The sweetest statement to me is this one: “No matter what our emotions or circumstances may say, the TRUTH (emphasis mine!) is there is nowhere we can go to escape God’s presence. Though it might not feel like it or look like it, God is always near.” Amen! Truth – not Satan’s lies. John 8:44 “…When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” NIV

For far too long I have listened more to the lies of Satan than the truth from God. NO MORE. For God did not give me, Michelle, a spirit of timidity (FEAR), but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline! Thank you Jesus – I’m claiming this today.

• Michelle N says:

Wow what a chapter. It really hit me hard. I’m also a worrier when I don’t hear from people when I think I’m suppose to and I always think the worst. So her story really struck a chord with me.

My favorite quote though was on page 20 ” God wants to teach us that it’s safe to trust him. Even I we don’t have all the answers, our past will never make sense until we invite god into our present. THEN we will see He has even there all along.”. THat really touched my heart. Even when I feel alone and afraid and absolutely desolate. HE is already there. Without me even asking. He always loves me. He always will reassure me. I just need to ask and BELIEVE.

My other favorite section was when she talked about Peter’s death was not a personal attack or punishment for her for a sin she had committed. That is something I think a lot when something bad happens that it’s a consequence for my bad choice or bad behavior. But this reminded me that it’s not. Everything is my about YOU, Michelle!! =) I need to remember that too

What an awesome study and we are just in chapter 1! Wow!

13. Carrie H. says:

Mica, your story, is so inspiring, & heartbreaking all at the same time. Thank u for courage it took to share ur story…. It’s people like u that can inspire me to push through all the doubt & fear Satan chooses to plague me with to prevent me from living out calling He has on my life…. I must push through all the negative by staying focused on my Savior, and what He says about me, not the negative I hear from my someone close to me for 14 years, not the negative that world would say about me, but what Gods word says…. See, for me to do what I feel called to do, I must be able to share my feeling with the world, & not worry about being excepted. The fear of rejection is what I have to over come…. Praying that Gods will be done in lives of all of us participating in this study… Amen:)

14. When I first signed up for this study, I thought to myself it will be a good study, but it’s not really for me. I arrogantly thought I had given ALL my fears to the LORD.

I lived in fear my whole childhood; I thought it only carried somewhat into my younger adult years as I would hold back in totally trusting people. As I read Micca’s words and tears flooded my eyes…all of my childhood fears came back…and I realized I HAVE lived in fear since my children were born. They NEVER met my earthly father because he was a very cruel man…I didn’t want his verbal, physical or emotional abuse to hurt them the way he had hurt my siblings and me. I was so overly careful as to which adults could watch my children, especially after hearing stories of people I knew who had had their children abused by friends and/or family. Now they are adult children, my soldier son 24 and my daughter 20. Even though my son is very brave, and I know he will protect his future family the same way he has protected our country, I worry about his salvation because he has turned his back on God. I also fear for my daughter, that some man will take advantage of her; she attends a Christian university, but will graduate a year early and be on her own a year from now.

This study came at a perfect time in my life. I desire to replace my fears with an unshakable faith.

• Sarah Rose says:

Pat,
      I’m so glad you are open to God’s leading on this Bible Study! Your change of heart is encouraging, and I love that you are approaching this study at a completely different angle than most of us. You are wise for letting God challenge and molding you!

15. Natalie2 says:

I praise God that I stumbled across this book. I, like many others struggle with fear and anxiety. Micca identifies with our humanness where she writes ‘we all have something that frightens us. Perhaps the thing that frightens us the most is losing control and realizing our helplessness’. I’ve realized already that its in the times of the unthinkable, unbearable or unimaginable that I’ve depended too much on having control. It’s like what Micca says…’fear uncovers truth’.
    I love the sentence, ‘control is only an illusion’. Wow! So, we can’t control anything if control isn’t real in the first place. It makes you want to let go, even if it’s just loosening your grip as a starting point. :)

16. I just know that this study is going to be great for so many of us.

Over the past year I have taken on this crippling fear of what is going on in our country, and what kind of world my children are in for. I want to raise them to be impervious to all of the hardship, evil and corruption that goes on around them- I want them to be healers and trusters of Jesus- but I, for the life of me, can’t seem to break past my own fears in this area.

Nobody I talk to seems to understand or relate.

My newest fear/thing that I am obsessing over is EMF waves and how they are everywhere and what they are doing to my body and my children’s bodies. I know this sounds like crazy talk to some of you, but I’m wondering if anyone out there can relate with these kinds of fears.

I’m having a hard time drawing the line between trusting in God and making healthy choices for my family, and just feeling trapped inside of my own skin and this world.

I’m so sorry for the novel!!

Can anyone relate??

• Hi Audry,
      I can definitely relate to your fear of the world our children are living in and being raised in. I am very concious of the things that go on around us in our everyday lives, even the things that our kids are hearing and seeing on television!
      I have even had thoughts of not wanting to bring another child into this scary world, even though I would love to have a 3rd baby someday!

I pray that we all will be able to let go of our fears and lean on God for His guidance and protection in the world we live in today. I sooooo look forward to heaven and the beauty, love, happiness, security, and eternity of living in peace!!!! But, God has a purpose for all of our lives while we are here on earth and He is always with us to guide us through our fears and give us the strength we need to overcome these fears to fulfill our life’s purpose. :)

• Danna, Thank you so much for these encouraging words!!! I cannot wait for heaven either, and I’ve been thinking about it more and more lately. I think that truly being eternity-minded will be the only way to not live in the grip of fear.

Please keep me in your prayers that God would help me to overcome my fears so that I can walk in my purpose, and I will do the same for you!!:)

Thanks again for your encouragement!!

• Anonymous says:

I can…. :_) I’m a cancer survivor for a little over 8 years now and i have read enough to know that what your saying has truth in it, a lot of truth in it…. Your not crazy…:) I am actually in the process now of setting up a blog/website to share important info I came across concerning our health, food relate, environment relate etc. I don’t know if this will help or not, but when I feel like I am obsessing to much over what i can’t control, I remember, God has already won this battle! :-) I am just waiting for His return someday… In order for him to come back for us, these unfortunately are signs of the times we live in…. I say that not to scare you, but for you to trust God even more each and everyday, & u know He is the answer! He is with us, we are not alone in our wait for His return.. Praying for God’s peace over you….:-) Here is a link to a song I posted earlier, that God shared with me during my God time this morning, & I felt very comforted that he has all of my fears under control. I thought a few of u might need to hear it today, maybe your one of them..:-)

• Oh, I can’t thank you enough for this reply, your prayers and THAT SONG! I truly feel like God just sang it over me and I just had such a moment that I can’t even describe:) thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you for being a stong, brave, steadfast woman who trusts Jesus – we younger women need you, badly!

17. Olayinka Okunola says:

I almost didn’t do this study, I was scared that it will open places in my heart that has been locked up because of fear that once released the hurt will begin all over again. I just downloaded the e-book last week and when I read the first chapter, I knew that this is exactly what I need. I lost so many things last year (my baby inclusive), some I have replaced, others especially the baby part, I am struggling to replace and it seems like it is never going to happen. I want to learn how to live above my fear and anxiety. How to put my trust totally in God’s capacity to be with me in all circumstances. I have great expectations now for this study….if Micca can do it, so can I!

• Sarah Rose says:

Praying for you Olayinka! God is going to help heal your heart! :)

• I am praying for you also Olayinka!

• Michele Caséca says:

Hi Yinka!

I´m so glad we are doing another study together!
      I just wanna tell you that you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you. God loves you, and His promises are true! Believe them! Live them!

I`m praying for you, my sister!

Michele

18. Carrie H. says:

This song came on during my God time this morning…. A couple a weeks ago God brought this song to my attention during a sleepless night worrying about the future of my family. Jesus gentle reminded me my earthly husband is not my real husband, that He was never going to leave or judge me, regardless of how the earthly situation turns out. This morning when this song played I thought maybe a few of u ladies might need to hear it ….. Jesus is our everything! :-)

19. I am so thankful I just found the Proverbs 31 website and have signed up for this Bible study. I lost my mother suddenly 2 years ago on St Patricks Day in a car accident. I struggle daily with why it had to be her, why God didn’t give me a chance to say goodbye to her. I’m hoping this study helps me to learn to accept mother’s death and instead dwell on all the memories I have of her.

20. Carolyn Johnson says:

Bingo! There it was, the statement that summarizes why fear has been the predominate emotion of my entire 57 years of being a christian. “perhaps the thing that terrifies us most is losing control and realizing our helplessness.” I have always tried to eliminate things that would put me at risk ( driving on icy roads, flying during a storm, talking to strangers in a social setting, going to a doctor) and failing to truly trust the One who saved me. That one sentence helped me see that I really needed this study. How wonderful it would be if I were transformed to be a Christian who is at peace. Your stories humble me along with Miccas story! I intend to be intentional and face my fears head on with His presence with me. By the way, I have a Dr. Appointment tomorrow and I could use prayer that my blood pressure will be what it should be.

• Leah Parkin says:

Isn’t it amazing when we realize the very thing that’s keeping us from true freedom in Christ? The light has been shined, now the work begins, but no longer in the dark. I love what you said about facing your fears head on with His presence with you. We absolutely MUST make a point to cling to Him constantly. I’m praying for you and your doctor’s appointment tommorrow! I hope that God shows Himself in amazing ways to you thru this study! I’m excited! In Christ’s Love.

21. Joy Pierson says:

As I read chapter 1, it took be back to 2004 when my fiance was diagnosed with liver cancer on May 7, 2004. Of course, we both thought he would beat it and we would be together for a long time. On December 1, 2004, I told Brian it was ok, that I would be alright. My voice was the last voice he heard before he went to be with God. His best friend, Shane, told me the night before Brian died, he had had a dream with Brian and his wife who had passed from a brain aneurysm. They both were in a beautiful garden, run, laugh, having a great time. She looked at him and said “it is not your time”. The next day is when Shane received a call from me telling him Brian had passed away. When he told me this, it was a confirmation that Brian was in heaven and that someday I would see him again. It did not make the pain any less, just more a comfort which allowed me to move on. Seven years later and I still miss him. I have tears as I am writing this. I asked God to show me my fears as I go throught this bible study. God blessed me with an onother wonderman, Brian best friend. We are married and I am a step-mom to 4 and have one 5 year old of my own. I think one reason I have had a hard time totally commiting to my husband is a fear of losing him like I lost Brian. I loved Brian with all my heart and soul. I am working on loving Wayne the same way.

22. I have spent my entire life living with fear.Fear of other people’s opinions of me,fear of losing my loved ones,fear of being alone,fear of dying,the list goes on and on.I am believing for God to set me free from the bondage of fear through this study.I look forward to having the peace that will accompany my breakthrough.

• Hi Amanda,
      I too have spent my life living in fear of all those things you mentioned and more! I too am believing for God to set me free too from this bondage of fear through this study. But if I’m honest, I also have doubts and unbelief and a lack of faith to believe that this book is going to change my thinking, since I’ve read so many others on this subject and still live in fear. Praying for you as we study together!

23. Rhonda H. says:

This chapter spoke right to my heart. I lost my father, to whom I was very close, unexpectedly a little over a year ago. I have been saved since I was 13, yet have had seasons of serving him and seasons of serving myself. This was during a time that I was serving myself more than God. I never questioned God as to why he had to pass. The practical part of myself said that it was the order of things. The parents pass first. But the other part of me said “why now?” You see, my husband is in the Army. We weren’t even a year into our 3 year tour of being stationed in Germany. On top of that I wasn’t even half way through a year long deployment. I had always told my husband that if something were to happen to my father, he would have to be strong for me because I would not be able to get through it without him. (my mother passed from breast cancer when I was three.) Here I am all alone in a foreign country, husband deployed, raising 3 daughters when I get the message to call home. I knew what it was before I even called back. I remember running up the stairs to get the phone to make that call, saying “oh no, oh no” and my youngest running up the stairs behind me saying “what, what”? Sure enough, it was the thing I had dreaded from the time I was a little girl. So, I questioned God, “why now? why when I hadn’t been able to see him in months?” But as I learned to lean on God, the “why now?” was answered. It was crystal clear when it came over me. God knew how much that I loved my earthly father and how devestating it would be for me to lose him. He placed me in Germany in the midst of a deployment for a purpose. He knew if I had been around family, or even if my husband had been home, that I would have completely fallen apart and let everyone else take care of my kids and everything else. Who was I to lean on during this time? God, of course. This experience has drawm me closer to God in ways that I cannot explain. Yes, I still miss him everyday. Yes, it is still very painful. But I can go on with my life knowing that God has comfort for me and a peace that surpasses all understanding. I now focus on thanking God for his timing and knowing what was best for my mentality and spirituality. I am grateful for the near 37 years that God gave me the best daddy and the knowledge that he is arthritis free in Heaven with our Heavenly Father.

• Leah Parkin says:

Rhonda,
      Are you still in Germany? If so where? I’m here with the Army too. We are in Schweinfurt. Just got here right before this past Christmas. I’m so sorry to read your story. It makes me sad, I couldn’t imagine what I’d do if my father passed! I too, believe that God has placed me here, away from what I know and who I know so that I’d be forced to go to Him in the difficult times. It’s hard but b/c I know that, it brings much peace! Bless you!

24. I was touched by Micca’s words on page 21: “God didn’t take my husband from me. Porter’s death wasn’t a personal attack or payment for some sin I had committed. Nor had my heavenly Father left me to spin helplessly out of control. No-God, in His sovereignty, simply knew the number of Porter’s years.”

I’ve not had to face the reality of losing someone close to me tragically, but I fear it! I pray that if I ever am faced with a tragedy, that I will be able to reflect back on Micca’s story and her encouraging words of hope. In my fears, especially involving my children, my heart and stomach aches at just the thought of living after a tragedy so terrible. The fears make me have thoughts of keeping my children sheltered to avoid any type of tragedy..but I know that is not realistic. It is my prayer that God will give me strength and guidance to live a peaceful, joyful life for HIM..and enjoy every moment I have with my boys! :)

25. Lord, I believe. Please… Please, please…….help my unbelief.

26. Lord, I believe. PLEASE help my unbelief!

27. Melissa, I cracked up when I saw that you had a fear of mice also. I too had to face my fear of a ‘squeaking mouse” this morning that had me running in my own house. I had to realize that I pay the bills in there ( after I grabbed my belonging and ran out of the house for work) and will go back home with a different perspective. I truly believe that God has me in the right place

28. The statement that really jumped out at me this morning was ” God is large and in charge” The losses that have riddled me with fear is – loss of job, loss of friends. Giving up control is scarry. I am in a season of my life where I don’t have a lot of control of my job and financial situation. God has asked me to “do what I can” and trust that he will do what I can’t. I can’t tell you the numerous situations in recent months where I do things afraid but learning through each instance that God is “ever -present”. By the way, while I was thinking about how I wanted to begin memorizing this weeks verse God gave me a great idea and I wanted to share. I live by my reminders on my smart phone. I was going to set up a daily reminder of the verse in my phone so it will be become my electronic version of notecard.

• Sarah Rose says:

I love that you are making memorizing the Scripture a priority! Even in that little detail God is providing everything you need. :)

• Good idea! I am setting a couple reminders right now! Thanks for the idea! Bless you on your journey!

29. Interesting that this same power verser was the same for my and my husbands devotion this morning. As a pastor’s wife I naturally worry about all of the issues at our church and what people think of us. If I sit and dwell on it all constantly I would be a full-time wreck, but this verse helps me to not worry and fear because God is in control and he is our great provider and healer.

This was such a hard chapter for me to read- the word that comes to mind for me was- Excruciating! I have such a hard time reading such a tragic life circumstance- but life is like that at times. God brings us through and he brought her through.

When you spoke about not hearing your mom’s voice or feeling her hugs or feeling how special she would make you feel always, it hurt my heart. In fact, I was sobbing on the other end of the phone, because I know one day it will be that way when I lose my mom. Moms are so special.

I think the uplifting part of it all, it that God’s presence is so comforting. When she speaks about busting through to God’s throne room and shaking her fists at him, and then feeling an overwhelming since of comfort and peace and his presence that she knew she would be alright.

It brought me back to a time when I was sorrowful over a relationship. The relationship was not good for me, but God’s presence sustained me through it. He loved me through it. He brings us through to the other side of it and when he does we are transformed and closer to him for it.

God is good all of the time. He does not promise we will not have situations in our lives that are hard and excruciating at times, but he will never forsake us. He is right there and we are blessed because we have him and can feel his love through the most difficult times.

30. Angela Myers says:

Fear has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, fear of failure, fear of losing my loved ones, fear that I am not good enough. This study came at a perfect time in my life. In February my husband was diagnosed with Lymphoma and we are in the midst of a financial crisis. I no longer want to be paralyzed by fear. I want to be able to face these thing with the utmost confidence that God has got our back.

31. Fear is a powerful emotion, but I believe that God can take it away, if I just keep looking to him and not let my imagination run wild. Sometimes though, this is a very hard thing to do ‘in the heat of the moment’. There are many things in this world to be fearful of, especially if you are married and have children. I think it gets multiplied with children. We just need to believe that we are God’s children and He has told us that He will never leave us alone. I am looking forward to this study to strengthen me and hopefully free me from my fears by looking to my Father who has it all under control.

32. As I begin this study, I am sitting in my teenage son’s hospital room following a 6-hour surgery to remove an abdominal tumor and lymph nodes. I have been on a roller coaster ride with fear and faith for several months as he began chemotherapy treatments…after reading the introduction and chapter 1, as well as the comments from other participants, I realize once again that God’s timing is perfect and my involvement with this study came at a perfect time!

• Hi Lynn,
      I’m praying for you and your son! My son was diagnosed with Leukemia 4 years ago and had to have a stem cell transplanto improve his odds on survival. He remains in remission to this day, but I can still remember those terrifying, unknown days in the hospital and the many months that followed. Oh yea, my son was also a teenager at the time (18), just graduated and starting his life until it completely came to a halt! If you want someone to talk or vent too, please e-mail me at seibertfam@yahoo.com

• Sarah Rose says:

Lynn,
      I’m so glad that God’s timing is perfect! I will be praying for you, your son, and for God to grow your faith in amazing ways! And how wonderful that God has provided Jean S for you! Someone who has been there, who can support you, and understand you! That my friends, is definitely a God thing! :)

• Lynn,
      Isn’t it amazing the way God always times things so perfectly? It’s just one more reminder that he is real and always paying attention to each one of us individually. I’m praying for you and your son right now. I pray that God will wrap His arms around you and bear you through this trial and bring you out stronger in your faith than before it started. Thank you for sharing.

• Lori Ann says:

Lynn,
      As a mother of a teenage son, my heart goes out to you tonight. I am praying for God’s peace and rest in your heart and life. God has a plan for your son, His precious child. Stay with us and lean on those who are reaching out to you in God’s love at this most difficult turn in the road. I agree with Sarah Rose– having a Jean S. for such a time as this is definitely a God thing!!

33. Micca’s story was so tragic. When she ran to the roof of the hospital in order to get physically closer to God, I had to stop and just let that sink in for a moment. I was blessed by her vulnerability as she shared what happened. Towards the end of the chapter she said, “This is the God that gave life to you and me. why would He do that and then leave us alone? He wouldn’t….He can’t be torn away, led away, coaxed away, seduced away, or dragged away.” Wow! That is powerful! It makes me think of Romans 8:38-39, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Thank you, Jesus!!!

34. Thank you so much for the link to the introduction and first chapter. After reading Micca’s devotional today, I knew I had to do this study, but I don’t get paid until Friday. This will enable me to begin the study that I realize I desperately need. I am delving in as soon as I get out of work.

35. The sentence that stood out most to me is late in the chapter…”Then we will see He’s been there all along.” So true I can see God was with me throughout my life, even before I was a Christian. He used people, events, and situations to mold me into who I am and so that I might find Him and ask Him into my life as the ruler over my life. He’s been there for me in so many ways and has blessed me even (and especially) through the trials.
    So why am I afraid? He’s with me always…I shouldn’t be afraid.
    I am so ready for this study and I’m ready for this change Lord!

36. Oh Ladies! I’m so ready for this study! When I read Chapter 1 this morning I just got excited to see what God is going to do in my life. My 18 yr old fights depression and this time last year was having suicidal thoughts. It’s been a tough year for me in terms of “letting go and trusting God”. He is doing well right now, but I have found my life getting increasingly fearful as time has gone on. A few weeks ago, God started working on my heart to trust HIM to care for my son. My prayer this morning was “Lord, I want to be liberated from my fears by placing my faith in you, instead of my circumstances”. I LOVE these quotes from the book. “Control is only an illusion”. “God wants to teach us that its safe to trust Him. Even if we don’t have all the answers, our past will never make sense until we invite God into our present. Then we will see He has been there all along”. My prayer for us all is that our hearts will be open to God’s leading and that we will be liberated from our fears as we grow in Him!!

37. That was a tough chapter! Can’t wait to see how God redeemed Micca through the tough times..

38. Micca’s story is heartbreaking…I’ve not experienced anything like that and yet I don’t seem to be able to handle my life as blessed as it is- anxiety, panic attack, depression, and wondering when God will change my situation. Oh how I pray for the spiritual growth I need to be able to see God when I feel afraid.

39. I read the first 2 chapters quickly on Saturday. I plan to go back and re-read Ch. 1 more slowly today, but I just have to say the study is already helping me. I have generalized anxiety disorder. Fear becomes overwhelming and physical for me, repetitive thoughts, nausea, shaking, full-blown panic. I’m managing it fairly successfully with medication, but any stress can be a trigger. Right now, my father is having serious health issues, and worry over that triggered an anxiety attack in the middle of the night last night. I began to pray for God to control the fear, repeatedly praying this week’s verse. The worst of the attack receded and I was able to sleep. It’s not a miracle cure, but it feels like a BIG victory to me. Just had to share. :-)

40. My favorite sentences of chapter 1 would have to be, “No matter what our emotions or circumstance may say, the truth is there is nowhere we can go to escape Go’d presence. Though it might not feel like it or look like it, GOD IS ALWAYS NEAR. ” I don’t know about you gals, but my emotions lie to me a LOT! I find that I have to memorize scripture and use it to shine Truth on the lies my emotions tell me sometimes, especially when it come to the thought of being alone (my BIGGEST fear).

41. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG2vAmlfGAo&feature=related
    in our small group online, Hope said it was Drop A Fear Monday..to share a fear and lay in down at Jesus’ feet…every time that fear rises…I was searching today and found this song by Sidewalk Prophets…Lay Down My Life….Jesus IS so there for us to take these fears…why my actions show I doubt that, is a question I’m praying about…why my doubt, ? …I hope this song touches you in your quiet time with Him while we lay these fears down …

• Sharon mi says:

Paula, thank you for this song. All I could think was thank you Jesus and what is it going to take for us to trust you? And I really like Hope’s idea Drop A Fear Monday. Sounds good to me… and how about Tuesday too….and Wednesday…

42. i made a list in my journal of the notes i made and sentences i highlighted in the intro and chapter 1. there was 13 in all. i saw an overwhelming message repeated in everything i underlined and highlighted as i went…i am not alone! My favorite has to be “There is nowhere we can go to escape God’s presence” so why do i even have to fear anything if God is ALWAYS there with me. i just love that.

43. Wow, chapter one is a tough read but so wroth it. The way Micca writes you can almost feel her pain & heartache like you’re going through it yourself. There were a couple of statements I highlighted that really got my attention. The one that got my attention the most was… “No matter what our emotions or circumstances may say, the truth is there is nowhere we can go to escape God’s presence. Though it may not feel like it or look like it, God is always near.” I all to often go with my feelings as my guide to whether or not I think God is with me at a given time. I know what his word says but I all to often allow myself to get caught up in my feelings & emotions instead of God’s truth That he is with me always. Another statement in chapter one that spoke to me was… “Our past will never make sense until we invite God into our present.” Oh how I have struggled with wanting my past to make sense. I ask God Why way too often, when I really need to just be trusting him & knowing that he has a plan through it all.
    Chapter one was a hard read. As I read it I was feeling both sad & Happy. I really felt for Micca having to go through all that she did at such a young age & with a little baby at the time too. It had to be so hard. But knowing that God brought her through it was awesome & gave me renewed hope that God is ready & waiting to bring me through my hardships. How I’m feeling about my life is a little uncertain. I have some decisions to make with God’s help. I’m a little hesitant with fear of making these decisions still but I know God will see me through no matter what No matter how things turn out, he’ll be with me always, through it all & I’ll be ok. God is definitely speaking to me through this study. He’s telling me that it’s time to turn my fears over to him & not just some of my fears like I’ve done in the past, but all of my fears. He wants me to stop filling my days with worry & start truly trusting him with my WHOLE life instead of the things I currently pick & choose to trust him with, all the while holding onto the worrying points throughout my day. God, help me give it all over to you & then leave it there instead of continuing to take it back over & over again. Help me to really take in & fully believe that you are with me at all times no matter what my feelings or emotions may be saying to me. Those feelings & emotions lie & I know that, so keep my eyes focused on you when it come to how i see myself as feeling.

44. Orenda Smith says:

My heart breaks for Micca and what she had to go through. It give’s me great comfort to know that God’s gave her the strength to be able to keep moving forward to face her fears and to keep her faith. Even when at times she didn’t understand why and just wanted to give up. She found comfort in God. It gives me great hope to keep on going in my walk with Jesus.That I don’t have to stay stuck in my fears. I am starting to feel a little better knowing that I am not alone and that we all have fears, but I need to put my trust in the Lord. I have read the first two chapters and scam some of the questions and I can see it’s going to be changeling for me. I can all ready feel Satan trying to make me doubt if I am really ready to do this. I can feel God telling me it’s time for me to stop running and face this head on with Him. He made this happen so I can participate in this Bible study. I can feel Him telling me it’s time my child to let go and cast all your worries on me. After so many years of feeling hopeless, powerless, alone and fearful it brings my heart great JOY to now know that I have a Loving Father who is with me through any storm!!! That God didn’t give me those feelings of fear, but of POWER, LOVE AND A SOUND MIND!!! WOW! what great feeling to know that I don’t have to feel powerless, unloved or crazy!!! I just have to give it all to God and through Him I have the strength and courage I need to face anything!! I just have to trust and believe that I do, that is hardest part for me. I am praying that God will revel what is in my heart and through this study, that I will get to a point I can start letting go some of my fears.To start really trusting and believing in Him, not only when I am afraid, but also in everything. I am so excited to see how God is going to move in this!! Here’s to letting go myself and of my fears, and to just grabbing 100% onto Him!!! I have highlight so much, but one thing that really grab me was where Micca wrote, “God doesn’t want us to go through the rest of our lives justifying our fears. Nor does He want us to live behind some protective wall that shields us from what might happen. God wants to teach us it’s safe to trust Him.” For 35 years that’s what I did I built walls around myself to protect myself from the what if’s. I made every excuse in the book to not face my fears. Not wanting to face anymore pain or hurt in my life, I found it easier to just to accept that I was a nobody.To become numb.To expect that this was how the rest of my life was going to be nothing but pain and suffering. I let fear have it’s way in my life. To read that this was not what God wanted me to do, but to instead teach me that it’s safe to trust Him. For me right there is hard to accept. I have lived a life of not being able to trust anyone and begin so angry at God that I find it sometimes hard to just give Him all the control of my life. That is a big fear of mine letting go and trusting in Him. I am praying that God will show me that I can trust Him and I am ready Father for you to teach me how. God Bless to everyone. Love you all :) 3-26-2012

45. Talarie G. says:

God is faithful even & especially during seasons of loss in my life. I am reminded that even though I still miss my Mom (and Dad) so very deeply, God is with me always and His peace is mine if I trust in Him. My Dad passed away this year 35 years ago at age 33. I was just 11 at the time. My Mom passed 7 years ago March 16– just two days before her 62 birthday. I have struggled greatly with losing them both because of the circumstance and things that have happened since. Both were way too soon to my way of thinking, I still need them – I still have a thousand questions to ask …so when I find myself blue and missing them more that usual– I stop, I cry — and give thanks to My Heavenly Father for the peace of heart and mind that they are in Heaven and I will be re-joined with them some day. Until then, I reflect on the wonderful memories and the awesome parents they were while they were here and how incredibly blessed I was to have them as MY parents.

46. Amanda W says:

I have always had fear of death and what will happen to me or family. I have less fear these days putting all trust in the lord…

47. I should have had a box of Kleenex ready for that 1st chapter. Wow! What a powerful story to share with everyone. The key lines that I highlighted are great reminders that God is always with us, even in the down times and that he wants us to let go of our fears and rely on Him.

48. Okay, this is my first online Bible study (well, I did sign up for Confident Heart, but never participated). This study is definitely something I need, so I’ve made the commitment to DO it, even though I feel a little awkward getting started with this online forum thing. Part of the homework says to share on the blog something that spoke to you … so here goes…

After my husband died, people told me that “God was sovereign.” Huh? I didn’t get it. What about his bad choices? What about how he didn’t take care of his body for 48 years?? My husband’s life was cut short because he made BAD CHOICES – he couldn’t/wouldn’t exercise or do what it took to control his diabetes.

So, I have continued to question how God is sovereign on the one hand, yet He definitely honors our choices (we reap what we sow) on the other hand. How do those two opposites go together?

When Micca said, “God didn’t take my husband from me. God in His sovereignty, simply knew the number of his years.” I think I finally understand. It’s not that God planned his death to be an early one. It’s that God KNEW how long my husband would live.

• Kristy R. says:

I think God gives us the right to choose, but He knows what choices we will make before we ever make them. Because He knows US; He knows every inch of our hearts.

49. I haven’t got a chance to read the into and first chapter yet, but I was THRILLED

Trackbacks

1. […] Today begins Chapter 1 of An Untroubled Heart by Micca Campbell, to join the study go to http://www.MelissaTaylor.org and sign up.  To get in on the discussion for Chapter 1 click here. […]