Apr 23

An Untroubled Heart~Week 5

Dear Online Bible Studies Leader,

Hello and thank you for inviting me to join your Bible Study group!  I’m so excited to be doing Chapters 8 & 9 with you this week.

I noticed that Chapter 8 is titled Overcoming the Fear of the Unknown and Chapter 9 is The Right Kind of Fear.  I’ll be happy to learn the difference of fear in these two chapters. I mean, how can fear ever be right?  I’m so thankful to be in your group and have so many wonderful ladies to study with.  Thank you for leading this group.

I know I need to read Chapters 8 & 9 and answer the questions at the end of each chapter. I will do those this week, beginning today. That’s all I know though.  Don’t you also have a Word of the Week and a Memory Verse?  Could you please send me the Word of the Week and Memory Verse for this week?

Many Thanks!

No, you are not reading a note that someone emailed to me about the study. This note is to you, our leader, from me, your Bible study participant.  I want you to lead this week. Well at least partly.  Besides reading both chapters and answering the questions, I want you to come up with the Word of the Week and a Memory Verse and post them in the comment section.  Use your Word of the Week and your Memory Verse for you, for these two chapters. Take a few minutes to skim the chapters and come up with them. This week, make them your focus.  Please please please share with us in the comment section! Tell us what you selected and why. I know everyone’s will be different, but it will be so fun and interesting to see the what and why of what you picked. We will be posting these on the Online Bible Studies Facebook page throughout the week and on this blog.

I know you can do this. I’ve already noticed the way many of you encourage each other and pray for one another. That’s one sign of a great leader! Keep it up, I love that about you!

Thank you for leading this week! I can’t wait to learn from you :)

Happy Leading!

Comments

1. Chapter 8 made me think that when I fear the unknown I need to REMEMBER. Remember his faithfulness and all the things He has done for me through out my life.

So the verse or more like the verses I think about is Psalm 103: 1-5

1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
    2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
    3 who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
    4 who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
    5 who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

This verses never fail to give me hope in Him.

2. Jeanie Kelley says:

For me the word or words of the week were peace and good will. These just said to me that if we could set aside fear and anxiety we would have peace and goodwill. My verse of the week is Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and mother. This is just not honoring our earthly parents, but also God and giving him the honor and respect he so richly deserves.

3. kim johnston says:

The word that stood out for me was ” Faithfulness”. I loved the part in the book that referred to David: ” Instead of allowing his mind to worry, David took refuge in the Lord by remembering God’s faithfulness in the past. This enabled him to trust God in his present situation.”

I really started thinking about all the times in the past that God has been faithful to me. I actually started a list, and it was quite a reminder of how good God has been to me. I have been through quite a bit in the last 4-5 years, and although times have been hard with a divorce and a chronic health issue, I have seen God’s faithfulness, time and time again.

I am going to keep this in my mind, so when I have those days where my trust and faith is running low, I can say..God was here in the midst of all of my chaos before and He will continue to be with me now.

I am so thankful for this study. I am learning that fear is like a weed in a garden, if left unkept it will continue to grow and grow until the beauty is overtaken, but with God he removes the weed (Fear), and beauty begins to rise again:)

Deut 7:9

4. Word of the Week: Surrender

James 4:7 Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Surrender those fearful thoughts to the Lord. Let him take captive Satan’s lies! As we surrender, we will find strength through him and his word to resist our fears!

• Thats a great thought!
      I like the word for the week.

• Surrender is an awesome word of the week!! It embodies everything we need to do…no worries no fear…just hand it all over to God…surrender it all!!

5. Word for the week ENDURANCE and SURRENDER

Verse:
    Joshua 3:4 “yet there shall be a distance between you and it, about 2000 cubits in length. Do not come near it, in order that you may know the way you shall go, for you have not passed this way before.” (ESV)

6. Carol Bruntlett says:

Okay Melissa here it goes I had several things running thru my mind and several verses but this one just hit me this evening so I hope this encourages you and others

MY WORDS ARE CONFIDENCE , COURAGE, STRENGTH, DIGNITY

My verse is Proverbs 31:25
    She is clothed with strength and dignity she can laugh at the days to come.

In my bible I wrote this at a Beth Moore Simulcast when she talked on herr book So Long Insecurity

I am clothed with strength
    I am clothed with dignity
    I am an extraordinary woman of Valor
    [ SHE ] will have no fear [ Her] heart is steadfast trusting in the Lord

[ Her] heart is secure [ She] will have no fear in the end

[ She] will look in triumph on [ Her ] foes.

BE A MIGHTY WOMAN OF VALOR
    WE ARE STRONG EXCEPTIONAL WOMEN
    WE ARE CLOTHED WITH STRENGTH AND DIGNITY

Hope this encourages you all

Carol

L

• Anonymous says:

Carol, I am in a group study reading Beth Moore’s book “So Long Insecurity.” It is amazing and goes hand in hand with our study on fear. I am getting double blessings. If anyone has not read the book I recommend it! I admit I initially thought I am a pretty secure person I don’t really need to do a study on this but let me tell you we all have insecurities but we hide them so well. I didn’t realize the insecurities I had until Beth Moore helped me dig deeper. By learning my insecurities I have been able to give them to My Father, which in turn has helped release me from my fears.

7. I know I’m late but I had to consider this. I am 32 years old. I was raised by my dad who was a hardcore drinker and pot head. I turned into a hardcore pot head by the time I was 16 I moved out. I was smoking pot, snorting coke and doing pills while running with a crew that was 10-30 years older that I was. I got pregnant at 18, married at 20 and had another baby at 22. My husband at the time beat on me constantly, cheated on me right in front of me and sold me out to his friends for beer and pills.

I finally packed up my girls and ran 900 miles from home to my mom at the age of 26.

I met a man who I thought would not hurt me (my husband now). A year after I came to Arkansas my ex-husband and his mother show up at my home with the police. They came to take my girls back to their home. Turns out my ex brother-in-law (who owns a law firm) pulled some strings and got my ex husband full custody of my children.

Now I was mad at God! Get this, HE didn’t take my children from me when I was addicted to drugs! No! He waited until I was clean for 3 years and in church again to take them from me and turn them over to a man who Beat Me and Sold Me and cheated on me! Yep I was not on speaking terms with God at this point!

It’s will be 5 years on the 27th of this month since I have seen my children. I talk to them often (not enough for me but it’s enough for them). Their dad has turned them against me.

But you know what, I have as much peace with it as a mother can. I know it’s in His plan and I know He didn’t do this to me. You see at that time I was just starting to get close to God, I was not saved yet, but I was getting close for the first time in my life! Now, on the 30th of May will be my 2nd birthday in Christ, Christ won! Satan lost! I know Satan played that trick on me. I know Satan took my babies from me. Satan also caused me to miscarry twin boys at 4 months that were my current husbands right before my girls were taken. Then the uterine cancer that took my current husbands chance of having ANY children at all.

The day I was saved 2 years ago, my husband re-dedicated his life to Christ. 5 months later he surrendered to the ministry to preach. Now we are doing the Lord’s work. Christ has won in my life, I have Victory in Christ and NO ONE can take that from me.

This is my secret pain I deal with daily. But The Lord has promised my peace, and love, and life more abundantly! I still pray everyday for my girls to be returned to me. I still have faith that they will come back to me. I know that this is all His plan to mold me into being who He needs me to be to do His will. Melissa Ross Taylor, asked about if we had a mask we wore to hide our secret selves…. I just took mine off Thank You Jesus! By Your Grace I will be cleansed and made whole!

• What an amazing story! You are such an inspiration of faith… I am praying for you and for your girls to be returned to you. That God will put a hedge of protection around them and sheild them any false words against you!

• Great story and testimony of your faith
        Trusting that you will get your girls soon!!!

• I will pray for you and your daughters so that they will learn to forgive you and see who you really are instead of the lies you have been told. I somewhat understand what you are going through. Due to my sisters poor choices we have lost contact with my two nieces who live with their fathers mother. She has poisoned their minds against us. The oldest is now 17 and we have only recently been in contact with her and she feels as if she has never really had a family who loved her. She in one way wants a relationship with us but in another she doesn’t trust us at all. She is angry with her mom and has the right to be for her moms poor choices that has cost her dearly. The other is 14 and she hates us from what I have gathered. Neither of my nieces parents were good parents and both have caused or allowed abuse to happen. I was unaware of what was going on as was the rest of my family but we still suffer from the choices my sister made in regards to her children. I just feel that I should have tried harder to find out what was going on in that house. I just was not aware of the magnitude of things happening in that house. I asked constantly and was told things were good. Its hard to deal with this kind of thing when you are just so clueless as to what really happened. We are given two sides of the story and its hard to know which story is the most accurate. I know that if and when your daughters even attempt to get to know you they will see the truth of what was happening when they were growing up and forgive you.

Miss Kelly I will be praying for you and your nieces. It's hard for both of the girls, you have to keep in mind the early teen hormones are working against the younger one too. I have to keep that in mind with my oldest daughter. It doesn't make it any easier. The same thing happened with my mom, sister and I when I was young. My dad raised me and my sister. We were poisoned against my mom. I just thank the Good Lord we are best friends now. I don't know what I would do without her! I pray the same thing happens with me and my girls. It's weird how history repeats itself.

• Nichole your story touched my heart, I will be praying for you!

• Nicole, I will be praying for you and your girls. I can relate to your story. My daughter-in-law took my 3 grandchildren ages 7, 4, and 2 back to England. She also has talked negatively against my son to the children. They really never had an opportunity to know him, just what she says about him. But inspite of it all, I am convinced that Christ is bigger than this situation and His will shall prevail. Love in Christ

• Nichole, I just read your story and am amazed and humbled by your faith. I will be praying for you and your husband, and your girls. Thank you so much for sharing. I know God is using you to help others and that he will be faithful and restore your family.

• Nicole,
      I won’t go in to my story but I know what it is like to be betrayed and to have your children poisoned against you by their father and his family. I became very hard hearted until I learned about forgiveness and the importance of keeping and maintaining a merciful heart. Proverbs 25:21 talks about how to treat our enemies and verse 22 says, “You will heap burning coals on their heads, and the LORD will reward you.” Joyce Meyers explained that “burning coals” means love is being poured onto someone causing their heart to melt. Our prayers can be love pouring out. This was hard for me to accept but I have seen the results and have been rewarded. I had to remind myself to be like Joseph and repeat “what was intended for my harm God intended for my good.”. I for you and your girls and yes even your ex husband as I continue to pray for my ex husband. Keep in mind our pain can be someone else’s gain! God bless you and your current husband and the riches God has in store.

• That is an amazing story and really blessed me by reading it. God is so good but it is often so hard to see it in the time we are hurting. Thank you for such a wonderful testimony. I didn’t become a Christian until 34, I am now 59. Never once have I regretted that decision, the only thing I regret is NOT doing it sooner. God has blessed my life in so many ways I can’t even begin to name them. It makes me so sad to see people who think they have Christ but yet aren’t willing to let Him lead their lives. Am I perfect, HA HA that is a joke. Do I love God – YOU BET. I love this bible study and it has helped me release some of the fears in my life that I didn’t even know I had. May God bless each and every one that has taken the challenge of this bible study!

• Thank you for sharing your story of deliverance!!! What a mighty God we serve!!! I praise Him for how He has set you free. I will pray for you to continue to fond strength in the trials of this earth.

• Melissa S. says:

Prayers for you and your girls <3

8. ~ I have been preoccupied with packing and trying to figure out how we are gonna move – the whole WhoWHatWHereWhen OH LORD HELP~!!!!! talk about FAITH!!! — That IS my word for every day the past month; Oh GOD! He’s putting me to the test, as I am he! So, I won’t fear – but expect that He has it all under control; I have done what I know to do; and for the rest right now, I am truly clueless. Yet in prayer, and quietly waiting for His response.

• Nichole says:

Thank you all for your prayers, kind words and encouragement! I REALLY didn’t expect such an outpouring of love! :) My biggest fear and roadblock in life is the fear of judgement from others. Through this Bible study I had decided to let go of that fear and to do that I typed out my testimony. Ya’ll did the opposite of what I expected and you loved me and prayed for me and accepted me… You DIDN’T judge me! That’s the Lord working right there! I love ya’ll :)

9. The words I think of are YIELD and ENDURANCE the verse Matthew 10:39.

10. Nicki Edwards says:

I would say there are two words this week.

Number 1 would be “future”. This chapter really reminded me that Gods plans for my life are good and also that He has already gone before me so that when I walk the journey into my future I can be full of peace and not worry because He is present and with me.

The other word would be surrender. Something incredible has happened to me as I’ve stopped struggling against God and surrendered to Him.

I will yield and surrender to Him. I will let Him direct my paths because His ways are perfect.

11. My two words for this week are Submit (or Surrender) and Respect…
    I have two verses, too, that kind of tie together for me.

Matt 10:39 – Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Prov 19:23 – The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

The theme for me in reading this week was to submit to His will and fear/respect Him. Surrender ALL to Him in complete reverential fear of Him and just watch what He will do for you! I love the way Micca explains Matt 10:39, ‘…you and I can keep our life the way it is right now, but we will just end up losing it. Or, we can give it completely to Him and find life on a whole new level.’ She goes on to say “Yielding our will to God’s will is a day by day, moment by moment, even minute by minute way of life for the believer…Once Jesus has full reign over our lives, then we will have all that He is!…It’s the very life that you and I are struggling to obtain on our own power everyday – and CAN’T.”
    ‘We have to make a choice. We can either continue to live our lives our own way – by holding on to fear, doubt and control – or we can die to self and allow Jesus to live His life of wisdom, faith, power and holiness through us.’
    I don’t think I can say any of that any better! How often do we ‘give up’ something. We pray and relinquish control to God. Only to realize several days later, that we took it right back and we are still trying to do that thing in our own power. So we give it up again… and again… and again! Submitting to God’s will truly is a minute by minute decision. You can’t take your eyes off of it. It is conscious and it is intentional. And it is HARD! (for me anyway). I say I want to, and I say the words… but I am not a consistent person and when get all caught up in anxiety and overwhelmed-ness (if that is a word) God whispers to me “you are still trying to do it yourself. I am here. I want to help you. Why won’t you let me?”

Thank you Melissa for this opportunity. It made me read with a new perspective and discipline. Thank you for being such an awesome leader and woman of God!

• Kandace,
      Thank you for your post. What you said resonatwe with me and I kept coming back to it because you truly spoke about what I have been struggling with these past few weeks and you put it into words for me-
      “How often do we ‘give up’ something. We pray and relinquish control to God. Only to realize several days later, that we took it right back and we are still trying to do that thing in our own power. So we give it up again… and again… and again! Submitting to God’s will truly is a minute by minute decision. You can’t take your eyes off of it. It is conscious and it is intentional. And it is HARD! (for me anyway). I say I want to, and I say the words… but I am not a consistent person and when get all caught up in anxiety and overwhelmed-ness (if that is a word) God whispers to me “you are still trying to do it yourself. I am here. I want to help you. Why won’t you let me?”

12. Merlene Carter says:

Dear Melissa,

I think this would make a great memory verse:

Fear Not For I Am with Thee (Genesis 26:24) This is on a plague that was given to me when I was a little girl and I was in terrible car accident at age 7. My mother was told that I would not live, but God….., then she was told I would never walk again , but God….., then she was told I would never have children, but God….

Deuteronomy 31:6, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
    Matthew 28:20b, “…and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Stay in encouraged and please pray for my son Kishane who is homeless and living in a boat, with no water, no food, not electricity.

All my love,
    Merlene Carter

• I will constantly and continually pray for you and your son Kishane.

• Judy Carreno says:

Merlene – I will be in prayer for you and Kishane. I am reminded of God caring for the sparrows and how much more He cares for Kishane. What a testimony you have!

• Melissa S. says:

Prayers for your son!

13. My words for the week are: Let Go and Let God! This can be so difficult but focusing on Him is the key to less worry/stress. Another saying I like is:We can’t understand God, but must simply stand under Him , which causes us to look up to Him.

14. The verse for this week that really got me to thinking and struck me as something I needed to learn was 2 Corinthians 10:5 – “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” And the word of the week for me is OBEDIENCE!

The end of the verse is the part that spoke to me the most “take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ!” This is important for me because I think that since I have been lacking trust in God, and through so many experiences and through this study, I have been feeling a tugging on my heart letting me know that I need to trust God. That has become the theme of my life. This verse and its instructions show me that I need to obedient to what God is trying to show me in my life, by truly taking every thought captive and obeying what he wants me to do by truly relying on HIS will and NOT mine! I am beginning to understand now!! :)

Have a great week everyone!! :)

• Melissa S. says:

I really like what you wrote—-you said you felt “a tugging on my heart letting me know that I need to trust God.” This really spoke to me. Thank you for sharing this. <3

15. Miss Missy says:

My words for the week are Peace and Respect

I have two verses:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

and
    Psalm 32:8
    The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch you.”

16. Michelle says:

My words of the week Strength and Endurance!

My verses of the week is My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—-from violent men you save me. 2 Samuel 22:3

I aslo like When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the falme scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Isreal, your Savior. Isaiah 43:2-3

17. Woke up with this on my mind and heart this morning….it hasn’t gone away yet so I am changing my word of the week to

OBEDIENCE

As I woke up this morning the song “While I am Waiting” was going through my head, it has been a constant thing today. One word that struck me in the song (that I have heard hundreds of times) was OBEDIENCE, I never noticed that word before today. from now until the end of the week that is my word.

What verses can you find that will help you in your OBEDIENCE to the Lord?

18. Okay, ladies – my word(s) for the week are “BELIEVE” and “CAPTIVE” (yes captive!)

In the Bible, the word BELIEVE (in some form) is written over 285 times (KJV). The ONLY way we can have a faith stronger than our fear is to BELIEVE in God – in what He stands for, What He teaches, Where He leads us – EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING in The BIBLE is ultimately HIS WORD ~ and in order to take advantage of the many (trillion) blessings His Word offers, we Must first BELIEVE.

In First Samuel 17 we read about David facing Goliath, the Giant – None of the soldiers of Israel would face Him, but David would. David’s confidence in the Lord was MIGHTY – he would face the unknown with this confidence trusting what He could not see but KNEW! – HE BELIEVED.

In verses 32 David said to Saul, “Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him.” (David being Saul’s servant)

33 Saul replied, “You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a young man, and he has been a warrior from his youth.”

~~~David BELIEVED immediately, in v34 he said~~~~~

34 “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, 35 I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. 36 Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. (he KNEW and BELIEVED that Goliath would be defeated, because he had already defied that of the Living God) 37 The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.”

GOLIATH had DEFIED that of the LIVING God- Yes, he would surely go down. This David knew! and he knew going into the Unknown that the Lord would rescue him.

In V.45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. ( AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!! – Go DAVID!) 46 This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. (OH yes, Tell him David!) 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.” – WOW, he makes the battle the Lords! He KNOWS! He TRUSTS! This is BEFORE the battle even begins! His confidence is incredible! Not a 2nd thought – I want to be just like David when I grow up!

In Chapter – 49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine (Goliath) on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground. 50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.

How amazing that David’s thoughts never once were questioned. He knew beyond a shadow of any doubt that he would win this battle – with his Lord, he could do anything. And he did.

I must admit that I am not here yet. I am working at it and growing daily; however, I still find myself waking up in the middle of the night wondering if my grown children are safely home or still out – I wonder about accidents when I hear siren’s. I still very much find myself fearing the unknown – HOWEVER, once I stop and think about it, I pray – give it back to Jesus, and find peace in knowing that He is in control and His plans are the ultimate plans – there is nothing I can say or do to change what he already knows. I only wish I could have this peace about me 100% of the time like David. My battles are the Lord’s – I need to make sure that they are!

Now to talk a little about taking our thoughts CAPTIVE. Scripture says:

Romans 12:2 – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. AND Ephesians 4:23 and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

Renewing your mind requires conquering thought patterns by focusing on principles and promises of the Word. So take your thoughts CAPTIVE, focus on what the bible teaches and what we KNOW we are to believe.

A habit takes about 21 days to make (or so statistics say). Because we are of the flesh, it is not going to be easy to change our human thought process to be confident and knowing where the unknown is concerned. However, every time you think about it and need a renewed spirit, hold your thoughts captive – force them to be confident.

May you always take the thoughts of your human self, hold them captive, and replace them with those that you KNOW are God given thoughts! – BELIEVE.

Dear God, Please come into our hearts and our minds. Replace our fears of the unknown with those of confidence and power~power to KNOW and BELIEVE that You are with us constantly and no battle will we ever fight alone. Teach us to take our thoughts captive and replace them with only positive thoughts – with total belief in you and your abilities in our lives, train us up to renew our spirt in a way that only you can. Give us the knowledge and wisdom to share this with others to bring them closer to you. Allow us to be your hands and your feet today and always.

Father we thank you for your unconditional love, for your many blessings, for each other, and for everlasting life. In your Holy name we pray, Amen.

19. My word is “reverence.” The verse I chose is Hebrews 12:28 — Therefore since we have been given a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God with reverence and awe.

20. My Word of the Week: Surrender

Verse: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2Corinthians 12:9

I chose this verse because I need the reminder that God is sufficient at all times and for everything I may face in life. I also chose it because I am weak, especially during difficult times, and I need to start putting my worries at the cross and using God’s strength instead of my own. This is why I picked Surrender as my word this week. I’m going to focus on surrendering every part of my life to God, most importantly my fears about applying and finding a job. I’m a teacher and I’m looking for my first teaching job and it’s my third time around applying. I’m terrified of the job search and of actually getting a job and being competent and strong enough to do well. During this study, I think I’ve been able to give some fears to the Lord, but this week I’ve noticed that I’m holding on tight to my fear of a teaching job. Please pray that God would guide me and give me courage to follow His will and leave this worry with Him.

• M-
      I feel for you. As a family we were sharing prayer requests the other night and I asked for God’s guidance as I am searching for a job-the rejection and confusion over what i am to do is wreaking havoc on my confidence. My 14 year old daughter prayed this verse for me and I want to give it to you as well. Phil. 4:19. “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”

• Tiffany Bell says:

M-,
      Hi there! I’ve been teaching for 16 years in California (6th, 4th, and currently 2nd). I am hoping to be able to move back to South Carolina where I grew up and where my fiance and all my family lives. I’ve already received certification to teach there and have applied to the local school district back there. I am on this journey with you and I will promise to pray for God to lead you to the job that he desires for you.
      Take care,
      Tiffany (tiff12672@yahoo.com)

• Thank you so much for your prayers! I will pray for you also. Good Luck finding a job in South Carolina. Let me know how it goes!

21. Carolyn Johnson says:

Total failure in obedience today. Health issues returned.
    (vertigo, pain, N unknown bacterial infection!) Lost patience with my wonderful husband who was “brain dead” today :( Tried to care for him and 5 yr. old granddaughter. I got angry. Forgiving him because Christ has forgiven me so much!
    I know what to do…praying for the right attitude to obey Him and do what’s right.

22. My word of the week: take every thought “Captive”

Verse of the week: Jer.29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

23. Rosanne Huber says:

The words of the week that I thought of as I read chapters 8 and 9 is faithfulness and respect.
    The verse of the week: Romans 4:16 “So that’s why faith is the key! God’s promise is given to us as a free gift. And we are certain to receive it, whether or not we follow Jewish customs, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe.

24. My verse for the week is “Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it” Matthew 10:39 –

My word for the week is “Surrender”

To surrender my life is to surrender my will for His will instead. The peace that surpasses all understanding covers me so much when I choose to surrender that I really do look forward to the next step God has for me in my life.

25. My word for this week would be LOVE and my Memory verse would be I John 4:18 “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”

Another one I would choose is RESPECT and the memory verse would be Psalm 86:11 “Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.”

26. I love all the thoughts I’ve read.
    I agree with Veronica… OBEDIENCE is my word of the week.

And I used the verse that the book used in chapter 9. It seemed to jump out at me in bold writing.

PSALM 112: “Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.”

The HEALTHY fear rests in God. And we can rest and be at peace for following Gods commandments. If we OBEY and surrender and be strong (like all the other words of the week mentioned in this section) then we will be free and can delight in the work the Lord is doing.

hopefully this makes sense! :)

27. Judy Carreno says:

Good morning! I’ve absolutely learned so much in the difference between overcoming fear and the right kind of fear. Now, to put it into practice! :-)

My word of the week is ENDURANCE, and I have two memory verses.

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9

“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:30-31

The reason I chose my word and these verses is that they remind me that:

1. Following hard after God is not a one time event. We must take up our cross – DAILY – which takes endurance to keep on keeping on through whatever we are faced with. But, by following hard after Him, we will truly get to KNOW Him, which will grow our faith in Him which will allow us to not be fearful but fearless, trusting in Him who cares for us.
    2. We must redevelop the right kind of fear which is to have a healthy fear of the Lord, which in turn develops respect for authority and our relationships with one another. This is where Galatians 6:9 comes in. We cannot become weary of doing good. This whole book is speaking to me, but this chapter really got me fired up, imagining what the world we live in could be like if we lived as close as possible to what God intended for us. I know our world is a fallen one and it cannot be exactly as was intended, but wouldn’t it be so much better if we came as close as possible?

I’m in prayer for all of you daily and covet your prayers in return.

Blessings to all!
    Judy

28. My word of the week is peace. My husband and I have 11 days to be out of our house (we had to sell it in a short sell). We have been looking for a rental house for 2 months with no luck due to the area we live in and our economic situation. (High rent prices and most landlords don’t want to take a housing voucher). Monday our agent showed us a house that was ours if we wanted it. I blurted out “We love it!” but my husband was not as thrilled and was hurt that I was taking the decision out of his hands. We told the agent we had to think about it and drove home angry with each other. Hubby had been responsible for all the house hunting since he has more free time than I do and we always make decisions together so what I did was a big no-no. I realized I was reacting out of fear because I was afraid of missing an opportunity. We are going back to look at the house today with clearer heads and have agreed to be united in whatever decision we make. My verse for the week is “Wives, submit to your own husbands as to the Lord, for the husband is to the wife as Christ is the head of the church.” (Ephesians 5:22-23) This verse doesn’t mean to put up with an abusive relationship, but for me, I have prayed that my husband would be the spiritual leader of our household, and if I really want that then I need to trust him in his decision-making (especially when I know that he spends a lot of time in prayer).

29. Merlene Carter says:

Dear Friends,

I just want to thank all of youfor praying for my son Kishane. I was just in touch with a church hoping it would be possible for him to live in the dorms they have there, but the answer was no, mainly because he is single, he’s only 19, But anyway, I am still trusting God. He made away through the Red Sea! This is really hard for me as his mom, so I appreciate all your support.

Trusting God,
    Merlene Carter

30. Tina Marin says:

My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is mad perfect in weakness. 2 Cor. 12:9 and My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior – from violent men you save me. 2 Sam 22:3. These are just a couple that have stood out to me. I am not sure I could choose just one word, but I would say taking my thoughts captive is very important. Especially when I am disappointed.

31. I don’t have Micca’s book (can’t afford it right now), but I do plan on getting it and am following the online Bible study. Here is a verse that gives me peace:

“I am leaving you with a gift — peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”
    John 14:27

32. The word of the week for me is PEACE. This is what the Lord blessed me with when we came home from church this weekend and our home had been robbed. I wasn’t freaking out or scared or worried (which is totally out of character for me in this type of situation). Instead I had this crazy peace and the ability to trust Him on this. It was awesome! Dont get me wrong it stunk that our tv, computer, etc…were all taken, but we were all ok and He was with us.
    My Husband prayed the the theives were somehow affected by the scripture all over our home and the cross they apparently placed face down on our tv stand. Maybe we were witnesses without even knowing. Crazy thought =)
    I do however still have difficulty claiming peace when it comes to my family and their welfare, but I almost feel that the Lord allowed the robbery to show me I CAN have peace in that also. 3 years ago, there would have been no peace in being robbed! I woulda been hysterical i think.
    The verse of the week is Isaiah 43:2-3
    When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of opression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
    I kept repeating these verses as I was having emergency surgery after an incomplete miscarriage recently. I was so fearful and afraid that I wouldnt wake up from surgery or I would be unable to have any more children. We’ve been blessed with 3 already, but what if God took me then and left my husband alone with the kids. I was terrified, and God reminded me that He was there and put this scripture in my mind and I just kept repeating it over and over. And he WAS with me! He calmed me and when I awoke from surgery I cried tears of joy because I knew it was Him that brought me thru it.

Thank Your Dear Father, for always being with me through the rivers of difficulty. I love You!!

33. I picked surrender and submit as our words for this week. I believe that by surrendering our worries and our fears unto the Lord, we are submitting to Him by trusting Him to take care of all that is draining us by our worry and fear.

I think that it is important to trust in the Lord with all our heart and soul; He formed us, calls us by name, protects us, and nothing can keep His love from us.

“But now this says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel; “FEAR NOT, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine” (Isaish 43:1).
    “Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. FEAR NOT, for I AM WITH YOU: (Isaiah 43:4-5).

34. word: believe
    scripture: psalm 27:13,14 “i had fainted, unless i had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, i say, on the LORD.” <3

35. Question,
    Could someone please tell me the page number in the book that talks about Faith and Fear can not coexist ?

Still Trusting God,
    Merlene Carter

36. Word Trust
    Verse-Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I have allowed my fears to tarnish my relationships with my daughters, my faith, and my prayer life as Micca said it so well in the book. I need to take my thoughts of fear captive and place my trust in my true God!

37. I am a week behind in the bible study and was coming on here to post my words and memory verses for week 5. Merlene….I hope these help you see the love God has for you. Place your trust in Him and know that He will see you through this.

Words: Focus, Peace and Surrender

Memory Verses: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. (2 Cor. 12:9)

38. Lynda Parker says:

Oops! I said my son has been free 10 years now, and it has only been 8 years!

39. Ok, that’s it, it’s final….I must bookmark this post because I haven’t been able to read everything everyone has posted. There are so many wonderful women here that speak in truth! I love it!! It will be good to look back after this study has finished too! :-) Which is coming up way too quickly!

Thank you Melissa for the challenge and opportunity…so many stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the ballpark! LOL, can you tell it’s baseball season around here! :-)

40. Ladies,

I hope you will understand. I had to remove many of the comments here. Not because I don’t care, but because they were so off topic from the original post and due to the nature of the comments, really needed to be handled in a private place, not a public place.

There was one emergency comment, to which many of you, including myself, responded to. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It looks like you helped that person a great deal and that’s one of the things I love about our community. Proverbs 31 Ministries takes urgent comments very seriously. We want to help you if you need help and we will do whatever is necessary to help you within our power. Thank you ladies for stepping up to encourage a sister in need. However, when there is a real emergency, a blog isn’t the place to go for help. Urgent comments create chaos and fear. I was receiving a lot of emails from ladies who were upset and since the situation has been resolved, I decided it was best to remove the comments. No disrespect to anyone.

Please hear my heart on this. You are loved and cared for. And if any of you EVER need help, please email me personally and I will help you find the help you need. If you need help immediately, call someone who can help you. We can do a lot via computer, but there’s also a lot we can’t do. I love your encouraging hearts and I thank you for being like Jesus to someone who was scared and in need.

Praise God for happy endings.

And if you are just joining this post, please go ahead and share your word of the week for Week 5 and your verse :) I do come back and check for them <3

Trackbacks

1. [...] Melissa Taylor’s website for more on An Untroubled Heart Bible study. Rate this: Share [...]