What a week in Online Studies it has been!
Here’s the real scoop…the REAL reason you picked the words and Bible verse of the week and not me.
I needed to be fed.
That’s it. That is all. I was hungry and needed Food. You fed me. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. You ministered to my heart and planted seeds of Truth in my soul. My cup runneth over…
Since it’s worked out so well for me to sit back and be spoon fed, why stop now? “I’m Just Saying…”
Shirts from the Women’s Wellness Weekend where I spoke last weekend. (aren’t they da bomb?)
Today, you will receive a double treat. First, my sweet ministry partner and friend, Stephanie Clayton, wrote a blog post that is fabulous. It is perfect for this week in study and is great Food for thought and Food for your soul. Check this out:
Taking a posture of fearlessness…
The hard cold wood presses into my nose. Uncomfortable, falling face down, planked in prayer. Taking a posture of fearless desperation before my Savior.
The unknown will put us in positions we otherwise might not take. Bent in submission as we search to know His will. Face down as we press the full length and extension of who we are into hearing Him.
I love this scripture from Leviticus 9:24, “Fire blazed forth from the LORD’s presence and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar. When the people saw this, they shouted with joy and fell face down on the ground.” It is such a beautiful picture of a posture taken in reverence to God.
But for a girl who likes to be in control, face down can be difficult. As I place my fears on the offering table, I am hesitant to walk away. What if He doesn’t notice they are there? Or worse, what if He notices but does nothing about them?
And yet I choose to offer them anyways.
A worry sacrifice I give.
Handing Him the unknowns. Not because I want to…but because I should. What I want is control. Courage and might to fix things. But instead I offer up my worries. I choose to trust what He will do with them. I shout for joy at the glory He will make. And I fall face down fearless at His feet.
A posture of fearlessness. Not taken because life is perfect. But taken because the best place to fall is in the flawless of arms of Jesus. Arms of perfect love that cast out fear.
I want to give you three clearly defined steps to posture yourself for fearlessness.
1. Get still. Still enough to look at your fears. Ask God to reveal any fear that continues to hold you captive. Prepare the fear offering for the Lord. Decide what fears you are willing to sacrifice today.
2. Shout for joy! Praise Him because He will not squander what you offer to Him. Thank Him because He will come down with fire and consume those worries until they exist no more!
3. Fall face down. Literally. Get on the floor before the Lord. Get uncomfortable in His presence. Humble yourself before your God. Accept His healing and the freedom that He has brought you through Jesus.
When you get up will you still have fear? Probably. But it’s no longer yours to handle. The unknown is His. You have offered it to Him. And He is a gracious God who accepts that offering. He will take care of you. Let’s choose to trust Him to do so.
Thank you Steph! I want to posture myself for fearlessness and I definitely know I need healing in the area of fear. Thankful for a Lord who gives me freedom at no cost to me. The cost was all on Him. Love my Jesus! Love my Jesus Bible study friends! Seriously Steph, thank you for this message.
Now, here’s where your double treat comes in. The first treat was what she wrote. The second is I am giving away 3 copies of our next book in Online Bible Studies book, I Used to Be So Organized by Glynnis Whitwer! Yay, we just love gifts! But you’ll have to work for this one. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Hop on over to Stehanie’s blog and leave her a sweet comment about what you took away from the message she wrote.
2. Hop over to Glynnis Whitwer’s blog and thank her for writing such an amazing book! If you are doing the next Online Study with me of her book, let her know.
3. On my blog, in the comment section for this post, finish this sentence: ”I’m Just Saying ______________________.”
You have to post on all 3 blogs to be entered to win a book. Along with the book, you also win a private conference call with me and Stephanie Clayton where we will just have some fun girlfriend chat. And if you aren’t a talker, that’s okay, we will pray for you! (We will do that anyway!)
Isn’t Fearless Friday awesome???
Love you ladies and thanks again for blessing me this week!