Apr 27

Fearless Friday

What a week in Online Studies it has been!

Here’s the real scoop…the REAL reason you picked the words and Bible verse of the week and not me.

I needed to be fed.

That’s it. That is all. I was hungry and needed Food. You fed me.  Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. You ministered to my heart and planted seeds of Truth in my soul. My cup runneth over…

Since it’s worked out so well for me to sit back and be spoon fed, why stop now? “I’m Just Saying…”

Shirts from the Women’s Wellness Weekend where I spoke last weekend. (aren’t they da bomb?)

Today, you will receive a double treat. First, my sweet ministry partner and friend, Stephanie Clayton, wrote a blog post that is fabulous.  It is perfect for this week in study and is great Food for thought and Food for your soul.  Check this out:

Taking a posture of fearlessness…

The hard cold wood presses into my nose. Uncomfortable, falling face down, planked in prayer. Taking a posture of fearless desperation before my Savior.

The unknown will put us in positions we otherwise might not take. Bent in submission as we search to know His will. Face down as we press the full length and extension of who we are into hearing Him.

I love this scripture from Leviticus 9:24, “Fire blazed forth from the LORD’s presence and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar. When the people saw this, they shouted with joy and fell face down on the ground.” It is such a beautiful picture of a posture taken in reverence to God.

But for a girl who likes to be in control, face down can be difficult. As I place my fears on the offering table, I am hesitant to walk away. What if He doesn’t notice they are there? Or worse, what if He notices but does nothing about them?

And yet I choose to offer them anyways.

A worry sacrifice I give.

Handing Him the unknowns. Not because I want to…but because I should. What I want is control. Courage and might to fix things. But instead I offer up my worries. I choose to trust what He will do with them. I shout for joy at the glory He will make. And I fall face down fearless at His feet.

A posture of fearlessness. Not taken because life is perfect. But taken because the best place to fall is in the flawless of arms of Jesus. Arms of perfect love that cast out fear.

I want to give you three clearly defined steps to posture yourself for fearlessness.

1. Get still. Still enough to look at your fears. Ask God to reveal any fear that continues to hold you captive. Prepare the fear offering for the Lord. Decide what fears you are willing to sacrifice today.

2. Shout for joy! Praise Him because He will not squander what you offer to Him. Thank Him because He will come down with fire and consume those worries until they exist no more!

3. Fall face down. Literally. Get on the floor before the Lord. Get uncomfortable in His presence. Humble yourself before your God. Accept His healing and the freedom that He has brought you through Jesus.

When you get up will you still have fear? Probably. But it’s no longer yours to handle. The unknown is His. You have offered it to Him. And He is a gracious God who accepts that offering. He will take care of you. Let’s choose to trust Him to do so.

Thank you Steph!  I want to posture myself for fearlessness and I definitely know I need healing in the area of fear. Thankful for a Lord who gives me freedom at no cost to me. The cost was all on Him. Love my Jesus! Love my Jesus Bible study friends! Seriously Steph, thank you for this message.

Now, here’s where your double treat comes in.  The first treat was what she wrote.  The second is I am giving away 3 copies of our next book in Online Bible Studies book, I Used to Be So Organized by Glynnis Whitwer! Yay, we just love gifts! But you’ll have to work for this one.  Here’s what you need to do:

1.  Hop on over to Stehanie’s blog and leave her a sweet comment about what you took away from the message she wrote.

2. Hop over to Glynnis Whitwer’s blog and thank her for writing such an amazing book! If you are doing the next Online Study with me of her book, let her know.

3. On my blog, in the comment section for this post, finish this sentence:  “I’m Just Saying ______________________.”

You have to post on all 3 blogs to be entered to win a book. Along with the book, you also win a private conference call with me and Stephanie Clayton where we will just have some fun girlfriend chat. And if you aren’t a talker, that’s okay, we will pray for you! (We will do that anyway!)

Isn’t Fearless Friday awesome???

Love you ladies and thanks again for blessing me this week!

Comments

1. Suzy Smith says:

I’m just sayin’…I do not know how others make it through their lives without having the Love of God carrying them through the turmoil of these really tough days. Just this past week, I buried my 94 year old spiritual mentor and other mother and best friend, after she languished in agony for several weeks. She was the greatest example of humility and taught me to live the with fruit of the spirit. She was a gift straight from God when I was so low. Thank you Father for Sharing her with me! I’m just sayin’…she was just what I needed!

2. I’m just sayin’ This whole *way big* group of women from all over the world blesses the socks off me daily!! Our Lord is alive and well blessing people , touching lives, refinishing, refining , healing and giving Hope to all His loved children!! I’m just sayin’ …..

3. Sarah Rose says:

I’m just saying…something! I’ve been quiet the last few weeks. It’s only because I’m really struggling with finding the words to explain what the Holy Spirit has been doing in my life. I’m humbled. I’m speechless. I’m thankful. God is reaching down to the core of me and healing wounds that I never even knew I had. I’m just saying…that I’m tired of trying to control things I have no business controlling…and I’m saying that I’m noticing a difference. And I like that.

4. Mary Clifford says:

I’m just saying living in joy and fearless is a choice. A choice to come to our Savior and proclaim His Grace is sufficient in ALL things! Christ is more than enough for our needs! Habakkuk 3:17-18
    Gal.5:6b

5. I’m just saying..I’m thankful for my Lord, my faith and the beautiful relationships that He has placed in my life to help encourage me through and encourage me to keep close to Him.

6. I’m just sayin’ that I appreciate you, Melissa! You’re so open and vulnerable and REAL to each of us through your Bible studies and blog posts. And posting this from Stephanie? Wow, so needed during this season of my life. Hope you get some time to relax this weekend because you deserve it!

7. I’m just saying. . . I thank the Lord that He upholds me with His right hand because some days I have nothing with which to hold on and keep going.

8. I am just saying that I need the love I feel and prayer support from my dear sisters all across the country. I have enjoyed reading the responses and encouraged to continue in the call God has for me. There is so many hurting women and they need to know that they are not alone in what they have or are going through. Women Encouraging Women who share their lives stories so that others may see God’s freedom and peace from it all. What an amazing God we serve, I am in awe!!!!

9. I am just saying – God always supplies our needs, and I need this de-clutter study you are going to have.

10. Lori Story says:

I am just saying God has used your blog, Stephanie’s blog and Glynnis’s blog today in ways you would never know! Thank you from the heart for allowing God to use you in such a mighty way. I’m also just saying I am really excited about the bible study. I hope to get my two best friends on board. I have never done a bible study on line. What do I need to do to get ready.
    Blessings and Love from Magnolia, Arkansas.
    Lori

11. Lynda Parker says:

I’m just saying “WOOHOO, I LOVE Jesus, and I LOVE these Bibles Studies! And I LOVES these girls!

12. i”m just saying that God has a plan for my life that is more wonderful than I can imagine and I must lean on Him daily for strength and courage to continue this life.

13. I’m just saying… that without the saving grace of God I don’t know where I would be!

14. I’m just saying…Faith! Faith in God gets me through the fears. I know that He will handle it the way He sees best! I just have to keep the faith!!! It makes the fears not quite so intimidating.

15. Im just saying god is doing a wonderful work in all of us and you and the beautiful inside and out women who work with you make us blessed.

16. I’m just saying… I desire to trust you more each day, Lord. I want to thank you for each and every blessing you send me each day. Gratitude and fear cannot be room mates in my heart.

17. I’m just saying that God has gotten me through 2 previous deployments and moves, so he’ll see me through doing them together!

• Sarah Rose says:

Ashley…I love this! Looking back and giving thanks for God’s previous provisions can often help us find the faith to get through our current situations! Thanks for this! :) And I will pray that He will infact see you through both of them together! :)

18. I’m just saying – our God is an AWESOME God – loving this book!

19. Paulette Taylor says:

I’m just saying, It is amazing how only our wonderful dear Lord in Heaven could be the only one who could possible orchestrate it to where He chose those of us who would be in this AWESOME Bible Study, and put us in the perfect small group of women who would touch our lives forever.

20. Robin Still says:

I’m just saying…God Rocks! I am so thankful for the love of God and His forgivness. I could not face each day without it. I am looking foward to this study and how it will help me clean up and clean out

May you have a day full of smiles and more blessings,
    Robin :)

21. I just sayin ……this study just gets better and better. I so look forward to all of the readings, the blogs, the inspiraton, but as it gets better, it also gets closer to the end …I’m just sayin….

22. loridee3 says:

I’m just saying … that through your studies and blogs I have been inspired to move on in a positive note. You are truly an inspiration … and I’m sure more than just I can agree to that! I’m just saying! :)

23. I’m just saying that God is so Great! He’s showing me that my story could help someone else one day. I have no idea what that may look like but I know God will work the details out if that’s what he has for me to do.

24. I’M JUST SAYIN…….God is the “BOMB”- “B” (BEST)
    “O” (ONE for FIGHTING)
    “M” (MY)
    “B” (BATTLES!)

25. I”m just saying~~I’m so thankful I found your blog!! I’m going to join up with the next study. Thank you.

26. I’m just sayin…My God is so totally AWESOME!!!!! :-) And I’m just sayin…I know that my redeemer lives and that my JESUS is always there to get me thru the hard stuff!!!!! :-) And again, I am just sayin…I am so thankful that the Lord has led me to an awesome home church and given me a loving church family to nuture, guide and pray for me…and that he has also led me to P31 and all the wonderful things they do online!!! Even tho I’m not much of a blogger…you all have helped me so much just as I read ur stuff. Melissa and Stephanie, you are just like good friends next door to me. You are both so real, genuine, down to earth, open, and honest!!! When you write I feel you are right here with me, having a one on one conversation. May God bless you for all you do for others!!!!!!

27. just sayin ….. I am thankful that God uses you and the women of these study to feed me and just sayin ….thanks to you all!

28. I’m just saying I am so enjoying the Bible Study. It came into my life at just the right moment. I realy admire all you ladies that go out and speak to all of us. Thanks

29. Heather B says:

I’m just saying…I’m glad I have this group of women to go through this study with. I don’t speak, or comment, very much because I feel like my voice would me lost in big groups, I’m better one-on-one. I love to talk, but I’m not very loud I don’t feel what I have to say is really all that important or worthy of note. But here I know that it doesn’t matter what I say. It might help one of you, and that is always my hope. That something I have to say will encourage, help, and uplift someone.

Heather

30. Christina R says:

I’m just saying…..I love these online studies and hearing from so many beautiful women all over the world! Can’t wait for the next one!

I’m just saying….My God is bigger than my worry, every day!!!

31. Jennifer says:

I’m just saying……….it is comforting to know that other ladies who are Christians stuggle with giving complete control to God.