Dear Unglued Online Bible Study Friends,
Hey!!! It’s almost time to begin and I have some very important information to make sure you get the most out of this study!
PRINT OR SAVE THIS! Just FYI, I will be posting this Wednesday and Friday. So you will see it twice or more. It’s that important.
I can hardly contain myself. I’M SO STINKIN’ EXCITED!!! Yes I know all caps means I’m yelling and I am. I’m dancing too! We’ve been talking about it for so long and now it’s almost time.
This email/blog post is VERY IMPORTANT if you are participating in the Online Bible Study (OBS). Please read each and every word. Then in the comment section, let me know you’ve read this and understand. If you don’t understand, ask your question(s) in the comment section. An OBS team member or I will reply, so make sure you check back.
Unglued Online Bible Study
What You Must Know
1. The study takes place at http://melissataylor.org. This is your #1 source of information. All other outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter are just options. The study is not run on Facebook and you do not have to have Facebook or Twitter to do this study. Only my blog. You may hear me refer to FB and Twitter on occasion, I use them as supplements and free options for more interaction.
2. Every Sunday, beginning September 23rd, the Unglued Suggested Assignments for that week will be posted at http://melissataylor.org . You can give yourself a reminder to check my blog daily or sign up to receive my blog via email. This sign up is different than signing up for the Unglued Bible Study. Look UNDER my picture in the right column. You should see a place to subscribe to my blog posts via Feedburner or Email. I suggest email. That way the study will always come to you and you don’t have to remember to come to it. It is up to you to check for the weekly assignments. If you have ANY problems understanding how to do this, just ask. (There is no certain time of day that you have to check my blog, check it at your convenience. That’s the beauty of an online study!)
3. There will be useful content on my blog pertaining to the Unglued study all during the week. I highly encourage blog participation. This is where worldwide community takes place. There will be homework and study ideas, memory verse suggestions, discussion questions, video messages, and opportunities for anyone who blogs about Unglued to share their blog post weekly. You have to visit my blog daily or subscribe to the posts (see #2) in order to access everything the study offers.
4. You must have the Unglued book in order to participate in this Online Bible Study. We will be using the book. You will not need any other Unglued materials at all, but you do need the book. You can order or pick up the book almost anywhere books are sold. We have plenty here at Proverbs 31 Ministries. Click here to purchase Unglued. (note: If you ordered other Unglued materials, you will LOVE them. Use them for personal use to enhance this study.)
5. Other items that will be helpful for this study: a Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil, highlighter (If you do not or can not get a Bible, please email MelissaTaylorQuestions@gmail.com)
6. You will get out of this study exactly what you put in to it. As your Bible Study Leader, I will be encouraging you to keep up with our schedule (2 chapters per week) by carving out a specific time to work on Bible Study. Make this study a priority. You signed up. To me that means you are making a real comittment to this study. You can do this! Make this a priority in your life. You are worth it! And you won’t regret it!
7. Online Bible Study Archives~ If you ever miss a few days or miss a post, have no fear. Every part of this study on this blog is saved in our archives. Just below the Proverbs 31 Ministries logo in the right column, you will see “Online Bible Study Archives.” Click “Unglued” and you will find all posts pertaining to this OBS. Practice and make sure you understand this now.
8. Our OBS Team wants to hear from you. There are many ladies who work behind the scenes to make sure this all comes together. Please share with us in the comment section during the study. We love to hear from you and it lets us know we aren’t alone. We desire real life community. We need you. You are a valuable part of this OBS.
Meet the Team
Online Bible Studies Leader~ Melissa Taylor, Melissa@MelissaTaylor.org
OBS Facebook Small Group Coordinator~ Lisa Kramp
OBS Group Coordinator’s Sidekick~Veronica Herzing
OBS Executive Assistant~ Angie Combs, MelissaTaylorQuestions@gmail.com, Angie@proverbs31.org
OBS Social Media Creative Administrators:
*Pinterest~ Veronica Herzing
Memory Verses~Heather Bleier
International Ambassador~ Nicki Edwards
Special Events~ Kristi Seat
Prayer Team~ Kandace Poindexter, Tracey Kirch
Advisors~ Stephanie Clayton, Donna Bostick
All Online Bible Studies Questions can be directed to Angie Combs.
Options for You
Options are just that. They are options. Good, not not required.
1. Unglued Conference Call Series Part 2~ Ask those who have participated and they will tell you, they LOVE the conference calls. Check out the awesome content and guests you will meet during this series here.
2. Online Bible Studies Facebook Page~ There is activity for Facebook users pertaining to our study 24 hours a day, on both sides of the world on this page. If you are a Facebook user, please “Like” our Online Bible Studies Facebook Page and join in the fun. We also have special events on our Facebook page, like parties, study discussion, and conference call notes.
3. @MTBibleStudies~ If you are a Twitter user, than you already understand what @MTBibleStudies means. Yes, that is our Twitter name. If you are a Twitter user, follow us on Twitter for inspiration and information that you can use.
4. Pinterest~ This is one of the fastest growing crazes on the internet right now. If you are into Pinterest, you are in luck, because so are we! We will have verses and key themes from our OBS posted regularly and ready for you to pin on your boards! Follow us on Pinterest!
5. Lysa TerKeurst~ Lysa will be an active part of our OBS. Not only will she be on one of our conference calls, but she will also be reading the OBS blog posts and your comments. You can follow Lysa’s blog here. In case you don’t know, Lysa is the author of Unglued.
Coming Up Next
We don’t want to get too far ahead, but we also don’t want the time to fly by without being informed.
There will just be ONE WEEK between the Unglued OBS and our next OBS, Greater, by Steven Furtick.
Don’t delay! Check it out and sign up for the Greater OBS here.
How Did You Do?
I want to make sure that you are comfortable with this OBS. Did you real ALL of this letter? Do you understand everything? Please do not “reply” to this by hitting the “reply” button. If you have any questions, post them in the comment section of my blog. Click here to go to my blog if you are receiving this via email so you can leave a comment. The OBS Team and I will check and respond to all questions. Also, leave a comment (click comments at the bottom of this post) just to let us know that you did indeed read all of this and that you understand how the study works.
I’m super excited to get started! If you know of anyone who would like to join us, it’s not too late! Share the OBS with your friends and family. It’s a great way to do a study with someone who doesn’t live near you or whose schedule doesn’t match yours. Make sure they sign up for the Online Study in the top right column of my blog.
Much love to each of you and don’t get frustrated if you see this message a few more times. It’s the only way I can make sure everyone sees it. Grace, grace, grace!