Sep 19

Important Unglued Study Info~Read This and Respond

Dear Unglued Online Bible Study Friends,

Hey!!! It’s almost time to begin and I have some very important information to make sure you get the most out of this study!

PRINT OR SAVE THIS! Just FYI, I will be posting this Wednesday and Friday. So you will see it twice or more. It’s that important.

I can hardly contain myself.  I’M SO STINKIN’ EXCITED!!!  Yes I know all caps means I’m yelling and I am. I’m dancing too!  We’ve been talking about it for so long and now it’s almost time.

This email/blog post is VERY IMPORTANT if you are participating in the Online Bible Study (OBS).  Please read each and every word.  Then in the comment section, let me know you’ve read this and understand. If you don’t understand, ask your question(s) in the comment section. An OBS team member or I will reply, so make sure you check back.

If you are receiving this via Email, you can get to my blog and comment by clicking here.

Unglued Online Bible Study

What You Must Know

1.  The study takes place at http://melissataylor.org.  This is your #1 source of information. All other outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter are just options. The study is not run on Facebook and you do not have to have Facebook or Twitter to do this study. Only my blog.  You may hear me refer to FB and Twitter on occasion, I use them as supplements and free options for more interaction.

2.  Every Sunday, beginning September 23rd, the Unglued Suggested Assignments for that week will be posted at  http://melissataylor.org .  You can give yourself a reminder to check my blog daily or sign up to receive my blog via email. This sign up is different than signing up for the Unglued Bible Study.  Look UNDER my picture in the right column. You should see a place to subscribe to my blog posts via Feedburner or Email. I suggest email. That way the study will always come to you and you don’t have to remember to come to it. It is up to you to check for the weekly assignments. If you have ANY problems understanding how to do this, just ask.   (There is no certain time of day that you have to check my blog, check it at your convenience. That’s the beauty of an online study!)

3.  There will be useful content on my blog pertaining to the Unglued study all during the week. I highly encourage blog participation. This is where worldwide community takes place. There will be homework and study ideas, memory verse suggestions, discussion questions, video messages, and opportunities for anyone who blogs about Unglued to share their blog post weekly.  You have to visit my blog daily or subscribe to the posts (see #2) in order to access everything the study offers.

4.  You must have the Unglued book in order to participate in this Online Bible Study. We will be using the book. You will not need any other Unglued materials at all, but you do need the book.  You can order or pick up the book almost anywhere books are sold. We have plenty here at Proverbs 31 Ministries. Click here to purchase Unglued. (note: If you ordered other Unglued materials, you will LOVE them. Use them for personal use to enhance this study.)

5.  Other items that will be helpful for this study:  a Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil, highlighter  (If you do not or can not get a Bible, please email MelissaTaylorQuestions@gmail.com)

6.  You will get out of this study exactly what you put in to it. As your Bible Study Leader, I will be encouraging you to keep up with our schedule (2 chapters per week) by carving out a specific time to work on Bible Study. Make this study a priority. You signed up. To me that means you are making a real comittment to this study. You can do this!  Make this a priority in your life. You are worth it! And you won’t regret it!

7. Online Bible Study Archives~ If you ever miss a few days or miss a post, have no fear. Every part of this study on this blog is saved in our archives. Just below the Proverbs 31 Ministries logo in the right column, you will see “Online Bible Study Archives.”  Click “Unglued” and you will find all posts pertaining to this OBS. Practice and make sure you understand this now.

8.  Our OBS Team wants to hear from you. There are many ladies who work behind the scenes to make sure this all comes together. Please share with us in the comment section during the study. We love to hear from you and it lets us know we aren’t alone. We desire real life community. We need you. You are a valuable part of this OBS.

Meet the Team

Online Bible Studies Leader~ Melissa Taylor, Melissa@MelissaTaylor.org

OBS Facebook Small Group Coordinator~ Lisa Kramp

OBS Group Coordinator’s Sidekick~Veronica Herzing

OBS Executive Assistant~ Angie Combs, MelissaTaylorQuestions@gmail.com, Angie@proverbs31.org

OBS Social Media Creative Administrators:

*Facebook & Twitter~ Heather Bleier (US), Nicki Edwards (Australia)

*Pinterest~ Veronica Herzing

Memory Verses~Heather Bleier

International Ambassador~ Nicki Edwards

Special Events~ Kristi Seat

Prayer Team~ Kandace Poindexter, Tracey Kirch

Advisors~ Stephanie Clayton, Donna Bostick

All Online Bible Studies Questions can be directed to Angie Combs.

Options for You

Options are just that. They are options. Good, not not required.

1. Unglued Conference Call Series Part 2~ Ask those who have participated and they will tell you, they LOVE the conference calls. Check out the awesome content and guests you will meet during this series here.

2. Online Bible Studies Facebook Page~ There is activity for Facebook users pertaining to our study 24 hours a day, on both sides of the world on this page. If you are a Facebook user, please “Like” our Online Bible Studies Facebook Page and join in the fun. We also have special events on our Facebook page, like parties, study discussion, and conference call notes.

3. @MTBibleStudies~ If you are a Twitter user, than you already understand what @MTBibleStudies means.  Yes, that is our Twitter name. If you are a Twitter user, follow us on Twitter for inspiration and information that you can use.

4. Pinterest~ This is one of the fastest growing crazes on the internet right now. If you are into Pinterest, you are in luck, because so are we! We will have verses and key themes from our OBS posted regularly and ready for you to pin on your boards! Follow us on Pinterest!

5. Lysa TerKeurst~ Lysa will be an active part of our OBS. Not only will she be on one of our conference calls, but she will also be reading the OBS blog posts and your comments. You can follow Lysa’s blog here. In case you don’t know, Lysa is the author of Unglued.

6. Proverbs 31 Ministries Daily Devotions~ Absolutely free. And absolutely a great way to start your day. Sign up here.

Coming Up Next

We don’t want to get too far ahead, but we also don’t want the time to fly by without being informed.

There will just be ONE WEEK between the Unglued OBS and our next OBS, Greater, by Steven Furtick.

Don’t delay! Check it out and sign up for the Greater OBS here.

How Did You Do?

I want to make sure that you are comfortable with this OBS.  Did you real ALL of this letter?  Do you understand everything?  Please do not “reply” to this by hitting the “reply” button. If you have any questions, post them in the comment section of my blog. Click here to go to my blog if you are receiving this via email so you can leave a comment. The OBS Team and I will check and respond to all questions. Also, leave a comment (click comments at the bottom of this post) just to let us know that you did indeed read all of this and that you understand how the study works.

I’m super excited to get started! If you know of anyone who would like to join us, it’s not too late!  Share the OBS with your friends and family. It’s a great way to do a study with someone who doesn’t live near you or whose schedule doesn’t match yours. Make sure they sign up for the Online Study in the top right column of my blog.

Much love to each of you and don’t get frustrated if you see this message a few more times. It’s the only way I can make sure everyone sees it. Grace, grace, grace!

Unglued Blessings,

Comments

1. Melissa, I’ve read the introductory email and am on board. Thanks.

2. Sherry Lyn Daffan says:

Got the instructions.. and it is very clear! So excited about this bible study! So needed!!! God Bless!!!

3. I read it and couldn’t believe I worte 2 1/2 pages in my journal… baby steps

4. Judy Hindelang says:

I think I get it and am excited to participate.

5. jennie davis says:

Got it. Understand it. Excited. Excited. Excited! Am also studying this with the ladies I am in ministry with and am uber excited to be doing both at the same time!!!!

6. BJAYE BURCHFIEL says:

SO EXCITED MELISSA! MY SON ACCEPTED CHRIST YESTERDAY SO WITH THAT AND THE STUDY….ITS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE AN AMAZING WEEK. GOD IS GOOD!!!

7. Debra W. Frost says:

Excited about my first OBS class. Chapter 1 gave a good in-sight into ourselves of how easy it is to feel imperfect in such a demanding “perfect” world.

8. What really hit me in chapter one was that I am still not incontrol…I am 50 and although my kids are grown and out of the house, I am still unglued at times and that you are imperfect at any age. Looking forward to small steps forward.

9. Susan Martin-Irby says:

Read it before. Re-read and took notes this time!

10. Vicki Galvan says:

Already I see me, I vow to do better and then things

11. Beth Van Dyk says:

Ok Beth listed above. How strange that your name is Beth like me. I am 51 not 50. My kids are out of the house as well and I feel the same way as you. I had to remeber I didn’t post the Sept 24 post at 7:17pm because I was at a church meeting. You blew me away. Actually, I thank God for your post. You and I are not alone!! I too am looking forward to the steps of IMPERFECT PROGRESS!

12. Vicki Galvan says:

Already I see me, I vow to do better and then life interupts to snag me again. I’m always trying, feeling like I’m not worthy. I am willing to make baby steps, hopefully always forward. I am worthy for Jesus does love even me. If I can learn to use my emotions in the right way then life won’t keep going on a roller coaster. I need to toss the negativities behind me, it is in the past and I’m on the race to the future!

13. I am still a little stunned after reading Chapter 1. This bible study came by me through Facebook, and I signed up because a friend posted it. Now I know how much I need it!

It’s so difficult to remember that everyone else doesn’t act perfectly – although I seem to convince myself of that at times. That something is wrong with me when I get angry, respond inappropriately or just feel (dramatically) like my world is falling apart. The reminder that we are all imperfect but we can make imperfect progress just resonated with me. Just move forward. Make progress. Now that’s good news!

14. April Brooks says:

So excited about my first online Bible study! I’m praying that God will give us all wisdom and perserverence!

15. What really stuck out to me in Chapter 1 was how hard something is often depends on your vantage point. This really made me think about how I react to things happening throughout my life. A lot of my reactions are emotional and when I really sit back to analyze any situation, it’s not as hard as I initially thought it to be. Keeping my emotions in check is a hard thing for me to do. I react with my emotions which is something I am praying for God to free me from.

16. I cannot believe how this first chapter described me. I was a single & teenageI mother for 4 years (years ago) but bad decisions I made back then I have carried inside me well into my 30′s. The pain I held inside would erupt like a volcano when the smallest little aggravation occurred and it truly has taken me years to come to term with my past and let it go. Now I have 3 beautiful daughters and a
    wonderful husband. I vow to make (imperfect!) progress with my OBS group!!

17. I like that we are all imperfect and that the promise of progress in small steps will be so exciting to see. I liked Lysa saying”God gave me emotions so i could experience life , not destroy it.”

18. Got your instructions, and glad to be a part! Loving it so far!

19. Wow….this is exactly what I needed! So excited to share and to make imperfect progress.

20. Michelle Rutledge says:

I’ve read and reread the email and am very excited about this study. Thank you for hosting.

21. Got it and read it! I am SO exied!

22. Received the email with instructions and understood. Got started reading today!

23. Today’s assignment had a lot of thoughts that resonated with me. One is imperfect changes are slow steps of progress wrapped in grace…imperfect progress. “Being unglued comes from a combination of anger and fear”. Progress actually implies moving forward and I can appreciate that as women we are caregivers and caretakers. We are expected to be good daughters, then good wives, and good moms. The expectation sometimes crosses the line to feeling we have to be perfect and no one can live up to that. The fear of making mistakes is great, especially when it comes to our children. Emotions get the best of us and sometimes get a life of its own. I find myself getting more impatient and frustrated instead of calmer and more relaxed. This week’s readings helped me to understand that “If I am acting out of anger and spite, I am serving the wrong being. If I am honoring to the Lord with my actions, I am serving to further the name of Jesus, and spreading His Light”.

I am looking forward to understanding God on a deeper level will help me to get a closer relationship with Him. This in turn will carry forward in my relationships with the people I love the most.

24. Thank you so much again for the free download. It is a great guideline to use for facing fears. Will pass it forward.

25. I read this and understand. I wasn’t able to participate on Sunday, am I still able to begin the OBS?

26. karen Lauzon says:

I am so excited to begin.I have read the instructions and I think i get it !

27. Am so excited to begin!!! I am also very thankful that I am not alone and that there are so many other going thru being unglued too……….

28. Libbi LaDue says:

read and understood :)

29. Excited

30. Melissa and Team…

Email instructions received and yes it is all fairly clear…I am new to this, but I will catch on..

Thank you all so much!!

31. Christy Hostetter says:

I have read the email and am on board! Looking forward to the study!!

32. Suzie Bundy says:

Totally relatable. Super excited.

33. Maxetta Gadd says:

Read it! LOVING the book so far!!!!!!!!

34. Read it and love this Bible study!

35. Rose Hamilton says:

Read it, and really took it in this time! Got it, looking forward to getting even mire from the study now :)

36. Lyndsey Woods says:

I have read and understand

37. Read and understand ~~ other than what small group I am in ~~ lol ~~ can’t seem to figure that one out but I haven’t become unglued over it yet ;) Thank you so much for this ~~

38. Leticia Staton says:

I did read, thanks!!

39. Jamie Wilson says:

I read and think I have it

40. Debey Green says:

Can’t believe I’m already running a week late to get started on the course. Hope I can catch up. Last two weeks I’ve barely been near my computor. Nursing a very ill father and now caught bronchitis myself. Feeling a little run down but truly looking forward to getting started on the course!!

41. I received the email and fully understand. Thank you