Sep 30

Unglued~Week 2

Jesus Glue

I need it. You need it. We all need it. And that’s why we are doing this Unglued Online Study. Last week I received some “Jesus Glue” in the mail. Perfect timing for our 2nd week of this Bible study.

Remember, when you are feeling unglued, get you some Jesus Glue quick! What is Jesus Glue you might ask? It’s the Word of God. The Bible. Let’s go there now.

Memory Verses for Week 2

Chapter 3

Ephesians 2:10 NIV84

“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

Chapter 4

James 3:13 NIV84

“Who is wise and understanding among you?  Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.”

Suggested Assignments for Week 2

Did you notice it says “suggested?”  That’s because some of you may not follow these exactly. That’s ok. That’s the beauty of an online study. You can look over all the assignments ahead of time and decide what might work for you. Maybe you need more. Go for it. Maybe you are struggling with just this. At least read the chapters and look up the memory verses. Maybe this is just right. Great!  Remember we are making “imperfect progress.”  What works for one will differ from what works for another.

Sunday~ Pray like you mean it. Take 5 minutes today and simply pray.

Get prepared for Monday. Unglued book, check.  Bible, check. Notebook, check. Pen, check. Highlighter, check.  Place to work/study/read, check.

Monday~ Read Chapter 3, The Prisoners. Use a highlighter to highlight parts you want to remember or come back and read later. Make notes in your notebook.

Monday~ Conference Call #2. SO EXCITED!!!! Author of Unglued, Lysa TerKeurst is our guest!! She will be chatting and sharing with us and getting very real! I respect Lysa as an author, but I know Lysa as a good friend. You will not want to miss this call. Have a question for Lysa?  Email your question to MelissaTaylorQuestions@gmail.com.  All those signed up for the conference calls will be entered to win

Still not signed up for the conference calls?  It’s not too late. Sign up here.  Each call is recorded so you will never miss a thing!

Tuesday~ Visit my blog, www.MelissaTylor.orgh to join in the discussion of Chapter 3.

The rest of this week’s assignments will be posted on Tuesday.

(I’m about Unglued. I finished the entire week’s assignments and got ready to post them and they were gone. It’s already too late on Sunday.)

Share with us in the comment section today any question you’d like me to ask Lysa TerKeurst tonight on the conference call and what you think about Jesus Glue.

Blessings!

Comments

1. I could have used some Jesus Glue this weekend! It was a long, stressful, emotional, mind-numbing weekend for me, but in a good way. Looking forward to moving to Chapter 3 this week! Oh, and for anyone that read my blog post during the blog hop last week, I literally spilled a cup of milk today as I was madly cleaning house before guests arrived, and I did NOT freak out! Imperfect progress in action, ladies!!

2. Jesus Glue is so awesome, I am going to make me one!
    Love the OBS. My first one and it is amazing.

3. Anyone else want to join me for a major do over? I had 3 unglued moments this weekend. And have to admit that I came unglued all 3 times without even thinking about what I had read. WOW! Instead of taking at least one step forward, sort of feel like I took 3 steps backward. I do have to say that looking back at it, all I can do is laugh at myself. I’m hoping that’s a good thing!

• I know what you mean Julie! I had a moment earlier today, and right after it happened I was like, man I did not remember a single thing of all last week in that freak out period! Haha I always say a quick prayer afterwards and ask God to help me next time a situation occurs!

• Julie…at least you recognised that you HAD come unglued! How often we just go “nuts” and totally lose it but never take the time to process what we have just done or why. It sounds like, even though you had a few ‘moments’, you’re taking the time afterwards to work out what happened and why you acted that way. And that, is progress!
      Love
      Nicki
      (OBS Leader)

• That is definately a step in the right direction that you can look back on it and laugh! Hope your Monday is blessed!

• Barbara Prince says:

Now Julie the secret is not to allow the enemy to use those “unglued” moments (or days) against you. We also must believe that “if we confess our sins (our unglued moments) He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from all unrighteousness.” Sometimes I think those unglued times come just to show me where I need to make progress. I love that you shared with us. Thank you.

4. I completed Unglued before the bible study even started but I have to say that I had to quickly go back through today and re-read Chapters 6 and 7 to get me through a phone call with my boss who had too much frustration built up in him that he decided to call me and throw out complaints about the job my husband was doing. I really, really, really wanted to come UNGLUED on him and start spewing everything I thought was wrong with HIM but God held his hand over my mouth and tried showing me different perspectives throughout the day. My hubby’s feeling are really hurt and I can’t take that away. I’ve prayed and prayed and am still praying for help because there is more to come tomorrow but I know my temper and I’m working really hard to control it, I just hope God steps in so I won’t have a need for a DO-OVER and a NEW JOB.

• Wow Shannon, you and your husband will be in my prayers! My husband was having a hard time at his job, so he applied for another job. The thing is this other job called for a degree, which my husband doesn’t have. But he got called in for an interview and tomorrow will be his 3rd week working at his new job! :) I lost my job back in January, and up until his new job we were kinda wondering what God was up to. But he ALWAYS comes through! He will come through for you and your husband as well! :)

• Tawnee DeGraffenreid says:

I’m praying with you! May God go before you!

• I love thinking of you trying to go “off” at your boss on the phone but God with His hand over your mouth!!!
      Praying all went better for you today
      Love
      Nicki
      (OBS Leader)

• Lee Ann Grubbs says:

Praying for you and your husband! God has his plan! Very proud of you to go back and reread chapters. I know God has held his hand over my mouth sometimes & other times I didn’t let him, much to my regret… Lol. Proud of you! & will be praying for you tomorrow.

• Tracey(obs leader) says:

Oh Shannon, I am so proud of you!! I totally can relate to our husbands being wronged at work. God does indeed have a plan!! I am believing HE has something so wonderful you are not going to believe it… you have been so obedient and faithful… He loves that.. I am praying!!!

5. That Jesus Glue thing is really cute! :) I spent most of life not knowing how to read the Bible. Well I guess, most of my life thinking there was a specific way to read the Bible. I learned that you read it however you choose! I always do the Proverbs 31 daily devotionals and look up the key verse, as well as the verses down below in Power Verses section. Sometimes if a verse really seems for fitting for me I will read the whole passage its in. And other days when I feel lost about something, or hurt about something, I’ll look up verses to hear what God has to say! Or I’ll simply just pray! God is so good and he always helps me out in one way or another!

6. Its ok, I know its like an hour earlier where you are and its pretty late here. Also know what its like to have things go missing.

7. Nancy (obs leader) says:

Glad you enjoyed your Jesus glue ~ so thankful it’s refillable! I love the verse Ephesians 2:10 We are His masterpiece work of art ~ this verse I have been remembering when I doubt and put on those ‘labels’ Jesus doesn’t make junk He makes masterpieces and I am one of them!

• Nancy,
      You blessed me like you just could never know. I cried when I opened my Jesus Glue because I so needed it right then and now.
      Love you and thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!

8. brittany jacobson says:

how do you make the jesus glue its so cute i would love to make one

9. I came unglued this weekend over dramamine! We were going out of town for a wedding. I asked my teenager if he wanted dramamine because he likes to read and watch movies on the 2 1/2 hour drive. I asked Friday before I went to the grocery store because we were out. I asked a couple of times Saturday morning as we were getting ready. He kept saying no. Then 20 minutes before we were to leave the house he decided he did want it! That meant we had to hurry up and scramble to leave early to get to the store and on the road so we would not be late for the wedding. As soon as I finished my rant this Bible study popped into my head! Good grief. I apologized like I always do when this happens. Luckily my son and husband don’t hold grudges. We made the wedding in time. It was soon forgotten but I still feel guilty. I don’t come unglued like I used to. I realize it is about selfishness. If things don’t get done just the way we want we get upset. There is no reason for a blowup most of the time. It is just momentary selfishness.

• Catherine Shepard says:

Tina,

The important thing is that you realized what happened and addressed it. Now please, my sweet sister in Christ, forgive yourself and dump that guilt. It is of the devil. Praying for you.

Blessings,
      Catherine
      OBS Group Leader

• I’m not sure I’d call that an unglued moment so much as a parenting moment! Next time stock up on the dramimine no matter what he says and leave the drama at home. Teenagers!

• Tracey(obs leader) says:

Oh Tina ((((hug))) I think you are awesome for sharing!!! We all have unglued moments and could write a book on them.. You are such a sweet Jesus girlfriend… Lets focus on our glued moments… If you would like me to share about the baseball card and milk incident… let me know….Love you and are praying<3

10. I love the verse Ephesians 2:10.. I love the idea of each one of us being His Masterpiece.. individuals.. chosen to do a work for Him, it all looking different, special,unique. Just like each one of us.. He has known what it is going to be since the beginning and knew we would be right here.. He has prepared the way,… LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I want to enjoy what He has given me and where He has placed me now. While looking forward to what lies ahead! Have a blessed day!!

11. Ann Morrow says:

Melissa, I just wanted to say a thank you for this study and Thank you to Lysa for writing the book and an even bigger thank you to God for both of you and for all the organisation and people behind these online Bible studies. God is really using you all to help women all over the world to walk more closely with the Lord, not only is this study helping me to grow spiritually but it is making me a nicer person to live with and in turn making my life more pleasant. when I have unglued moments and feel i have failed I have to keep reminding myself that I am never going to be perfect until I get to heaven so imperfect progress is the best that I can hope to achieve. Yes I do and will have unglued moments, but Jesus is changing me little by little as I go through this study and his Word and walk closely with him. I may be making imperfect progress and taking little baby steps but the Lord is perfect in all his ways and He who has begun a good work in me will continue to do so. Bless you all.x

• Oh Ann, thank you, thank you for your kind words. I know Melissa will be so blessed when she reads this post.
      I’m so thrilled to hear you can see yourself making imperfect progress – and we’ve only just begun!
      Bless you
      Love
      Nicki (OBS Leader)

• Ann,

Thank you so much! Nicki is right, I’m so blessed by your words! <3

12. Christa - OBS small group leader says:

I love the verse in Ephesians and I think it follows right along with the Hebrews verse from last week. God has a path marked out for me and I need to run that path…not the path he has for you or for my neighbor, but the path he has for me. And I am created and equipped to do those things that he prepared IN ADVANCE for me to do. God is so personal and specific.

• Christa – the same thing immediately stuck out in my mind too as I was reading the first memory verse this morning. God prepared IN ADVANCE what he wants us to do with this life. IN ADVANCE – before we were born. Not only does God see me, hear me, know me right now, in this moment and in my current situations, but he knew me in advance. He knew who I would be, what I would face. He created me in HIS image, with my personality, my heart for others, my tendency to take things to heart. Whose side am I am? I choose God’s side, everytime. Loving this OBS. Thanks so much for leading this Melissa!

• Barbara Prince says:

I heard a pastor talk about this race we are running. He said that when he was in high school he ran Cross Country races. He said that the runners have no say in how the course is set out and they don’t know what obstacles they will encounter on the course as they run it. He said the runners job is just to run. We run the race. We don’t stop and pout because we don’t like the way the course is set out. We don’t slow down because the terrain is too rugged. We just keep running. That illustration has stuck with me since I heard it 4 years ago. So now I know I just have to keep on keeping on.

13. Thank you, Melissa, for our weekly video and your guidance! YOU are certainly right where God has you doing the “work he has planned for you”!
    Thanks for listening to Him so that we all can be blessed by your teaching. You are just “the best! “

14. Thanks for the inspiring little video this morning, I loved that you are real….dropping stuff happens to me all the time. God Bless you and thank you for keeping us glued together with your Jesus Glue….looking forward to the study this week. Starting reading The Prisoners last week….sure is powerful stuff!
    Have a Great Day!
    Teresa

• Teresa,
      The first time I ever made a video for OBS, I tried to make it perfect. It didn’t work. I dropped that real quick and just decided to be me after that! Thanks so much for your sweet words!

15. Tricia (OBS leader) says:

A couple of things I really liked in Chapter 3….

“Labels only stick if I let them” – How very true is that, it’s my choice whether or not to believe the lie of a label. Labels are lies, they don’t define who I am, only Christ defines who I am.

“How we act is how we label ourselves. We don’t know any other way.” – Now this one really hit home for me, just that my behaviors & such are consistent with how I have labeled myself.

“God doesn’t allow the unglued moments of our lives to happen so we’ll label ourselves & stay stuck. He allows the unglued moments to make us aware of the chiseling that needs to be done.” – That’s a wake up moment right there. God’s not just being difficult to get along with, lol. He really wants what is best for me. And only he knows what needs to change in me to get me where he has for me to be.

• I loved those too!

• I got my copy Unglued the day it came out and began reading immediately. I had a blue highlighter handy at the time and used it to mark the passages that spoke to me (I marked the first passage above). Participating in the OBS, I am re-reading the chapters as Melissa suggests and happen to have a yellow highlighter at the moment (which I used to mark the third passage above). Wow, did that CHISEL analogy ever speak to me! So glad to be reading the book in a more directed manner this time around!

16. I love Chapter 3 and the Scripture that goes with it!! 😀

I am refusing the condemning statements from my past (NOT allowing them to stick anymore!) and allowing the LORD to chisel at my hard places. Thank you, Melissa, to each of the ladies who are group leaders or have any part in helping with this study!!

• Jennifer N (OBS group leader) says:

I loved the way she used the analogy of the Lord chipping away at the hard places. And the fact that we don’t have to allow ‘labels’ that we have placed on ourselves, not only the ‘world’–to stick on us.
      It reminds me of the first part of this Proverb:
      Proverbs 23:7 (a)
      For as he thinks in his heart, so is he…..
      Many times we can keep ourselves from changing, by staying ‘stuck’ in our self imposed labels.
      Bless you and let’s keep moving forward, ‘imperfect progress’!!

17. I had a situation last week that was worthy of coming unglued. I did not. God is faithful and cleared up the situation quickly and blessed my husband and I with a few moments this weekend to love and appreciate one another. Thank you God for always being REAL and timely.

18. Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

For the longest time I went around believing I was an idiot because that’s what dad called us frequently when we did something wrong. Clear the way thru high school until he made me so angry I thought “You old fart, I’m gonna show you who’s an idiot!” I went to college, got a degree, passed my CPA exam and proved to him I’m not an idiot. But you know, every know and then that thought pops into my head.
    I know I’m not an idiot, but it takes years and years to erase all the bad but it only takes one bad to erase all the good. It is way too easy to remember the bad in our lives and more effort than it should to remember the good. So be careful what you say – be careful what I say…..my words may be forever written on someone else’s spirit.

• Such a good point!

• Wow! That really struck a chord with me. I want my words written on my children’s spirits to be loving and encouraging…not the sometimes hurtful words of my “unglued” moments. I thank God that He led me to this OBS!

• Megan Stedjan says:

That’s why I’m here too Gail! I was becoming unglued so often that I feared the impact on my children. This OBS is part of the chiseling process. I thank God for this experience.

19. I absolutely loved chapter 3!!! I think I will have to read it again to comprehend everything that is there.

I have definitely resigned myself to some labels put on me. “I need to see beyond what is to what can be.” It is so encouraging to know that Jesus sees a courageous woman who needs chiseling. He sees me not as I am but as I can be! I need to see myself as He sees me.

20. Please ask Lysa a question for me. She has 3 daughters like I do. The strong-willed one and I have had a tough time last few years. She pushes my buttons, several times a day, and when I am tired and busy, I react UNGLUED!!! I say hateful things in response to her teenage craziness. Try and try as I may, I have failed, and in the process, she has lost respect for me. She thinks that all my Bible studies and reading and praying have not done any good. (And I feel this way, too, at times.) I am taking these chapters to heart,and am preparing, in advance how I will respond to this afternoon’s onslaught. One step at a time, I know. She thinks I’m the only crazy mom in the world, and I feel like such a failure around her. Any advice will surely help! Thanks.

• Christa (OBS small group leader) says:

Alison,
      You are absolutely not alone! We have seen some of the same things going on in our family. One great thing I saw in your post is that your are preparing in advance for this afternoon. Just like how in our memory verse, it says that God prepared in advance for the works he wants us to do, we can prepare in advance how we will respond to a situation. Especially a situation in our lives that tends to repeat itself over and over. You will be surprised at how little changes in your response will change your daughter’s attitude. I’ll be praying for you this afternoon…let us know how it goes!

21. My prayer:
    “O God, chisel me. I don’t want to be locked in my hard places forever. I want to be free. I want to be all that You have in mind for me to be.” P. 36

22. We have this cat. She is very active at night. I don’t sleep soundly to begin with (two little kids – can anyone relate?) and I was up more than a half dozen times last night. Unglued. With the cat. What sense does that make? Great way to start a week. Pray that I’m able to absorb this study this week! Ugh!

• Dottie Bailey McLelland says:

I will be praying for you dear sister! I can totally relate because sometimes my precious little teacup chihuahua gets on my LAST nerve lol. It is amazing the things that satan is using to make us unglued during this study. Know that you are not alone, sister, and I am praying for you to absorb this study and be able to apply it! Hugs!

Dottie
      OBS small group leader

23. Mary Anne says:

Had a great weekend, except when my husband nad I took our three year niece Madison to the pumpkin patch. We had a great day with Madison, she was our leader going through the corn maze, it was when we took the tractor ride to the pumpkin patch, the heavens opened up and we were caught in a heavy down pour for 20 mins. First I tought oh well, God is showing his sense of humor and I should as well, until Madison did not want to leave the farm. She just took off for the corn maze again, as I was chasing her and I just had enough about this time, thank God my husband was patient. Telling her no McDonalds and we are leaving right now. My husband went to get her as I complained about her misbehavior and just proceeded to the car. As I was going to the car, thoughts of I blew it, I am supposed to be enjoying myself with my family and here I am with many people watching my reaction to my neice becoming an unglued women. In one aspect of this she was having so much she did not want to leave, another we were cold and soaked and when it has time to leave it was time to leave. So all I can do is dust myself off and try again, and check the full weather forecast before going to the farm again or have the umbrella handy just in case.
    Melissa you are such a delight, I look forward to your videos it puts a smile on my face Thank you and God Bless

• Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

Mary Anne,
      Doesn’t it often seem that man have a very even personality when dealing with certain things? Perhaps that is why God matched us so well together. Remember the pause. I know easier said than done in many instances but lets try and engrave that on out brains in as many circumstances as possible so it is always the first thing to happen.
      Love on your niece and be thankful she was having so much fun with you she didn’t want to go home. They grow up way too fast don’t they.

Blessings,
      Catherine

24. All I can say about chapter three is WOW.
    I have been using a purple (my fave color) pen to underline things I want to remember or back to. This chapter is almost all purple. For me the labels I put on myself are the same label I was told by my mother. Oh Lord please chisel away my hard places. The label I am tackling first is kinda a two for one thing. And that is I never stick with anything and I never finish anything. I have a lot of things around the house I have started but not finished. I will start something like going for a walk in the morning, do it for a couple days then for some reason stop doing it. Well not after today. I will make imperfect progress from here on out.

• Me too Laina! All I can say is wow too. I want God to chisel me. Good luck on your imperfect progress. You can do it. :)

• Dottie Bailey McLelland says:

Dear sister remove “never” from your vocabulary…I am sure there are plenty of things that you have finished and plenty of things that you have stuck with so you can’t say “I never finish anything” :-) Don’t beat yourself up like that, dear one. In Christ, we WILL make imperfect progress!

Blessings to you,
      Dottie
      OBS small group leader

• Laina,
      I can relate to you on more than one level. First thing is that my fave color is also purple. 😉 Second, I am also someone who tends to start something and not finish it. SO I can totally relate to your story. But we do not have to be “prisoners” of our labels anymore! We can choose today to make progress together!

Blessings,
      Kristen Barkdull
      OBS Group Leader

25. Kara (OBS leader) says:

Love the Jesus glue! Thanks for the visual. Cannot wait to make mine and read the chapters for this week.

26. Thanks for your encouragement today! Hope the ladies doing this study will get strength today to face life with courage and the peace of God. I’ve been going through some tough times for weeks. I started this study because I felt the need to keep myself together no-matter what I’m facing in my life. I have a sick daughter which we don’t know what is causing her to be sick. I would like to ask the ladies of this group to pray. It’s causing a lot of stress for her and the whole family. She is getting behind in her school work and this is her Senior year. I’m hoping that I can be strong and trust God to see her through and that healing will come. I will meditate on our memory verse and hope that I can see things through God’s eyes and not mine.

• Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

Awe sweet Maritza,

I can understand your need to want to be in control no matter what. But my dear lady, please realize that being an imperfect human you need to allow yourself some grace. Please allow yourself the possibility that you may not always be in control all the time. I do not want to see you set yourself up for failure. Remember, IMPERFECT PROGRESS. Remember to breathe. Know that we are praying for your needs and those of your loved ones, especially your daughter.

Blessings,
      Catherine

27. All I can say about chapter 3 is it really spoke to my heart. I put labels on myself so many times that I didn’t even realize that I was. I want God to chisel me. I loved “God doesn’t allow the unglued moments of our lives to happen so we’ll label ourselves and stay stuck. He allows the unglued moments to make us aware of the chiseling that needs to be done.” Wow!!!! I also liked, “Grace. I can see it. I can feel it. I can call it grace.” I have to got to say I love this book. It has really opened my eyes, ears, and heart. God is so amazing. One more thing, “Let God chisel. “Trust me,” God says, “it will be beautiful. You’ll see.” Love that too.

28. Lori Howard says:

I once wrote a speech called “Buy a new Label Maker”. We give ourselves labels, then live up to them! Very simple example, I always considered myself shy. Therefore, I did not speak in public, falied Public Speaking in school, and was always a wall flower at parties, and had very few friends. Well, when God told me that I would someday be a writer and speaker, I gave him the same excuses as Moses – I can’s speak, you’ve got the wrong person! I signed up for TooastMasters ( a speaking organization) and Label Makers was the first speech I delivered there. Everyone can change their outlook, and therefore their life, especially if God tells you to.

• MarcieSpencer OBSleaderGroup42:) says:

That sounds like you headed right into the challenge of public speaking. How brave! I hope you post more about your first speech. Thanks for Blessing my day:)

29. I love the Jesus Glue! I’m making one to put on my bulletin board by my computer so I see it every day!

30. Good Morning Sisters.
    I have the participant’s guide that goes along with this study. I read something from this chaper, that really made me stop and think. Never heard this before. I want to share it with you.
    “One way to give grace in the midst of conflict is to chose a reply over a reaction. A reply is simply a response, like a gentle answer to a question. But a reaction is much more than a response—–it’s oppositional energy in motion.’
    The vital difference between the two is stated in
    ” proverbs 15:1 a gentel answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare. “

31. Sometimes, in reflection, I realize that I have come “unglued” because I feel I have failed at something (related to that situation or not) and so I end up projecting that failure into the situation at hand. So I’d like you to ask Lysa if she feels that she ever comes “unglued” because she feels has failed, or due to her own insecurities in some of those crazy moments she’s experienced.

Melissa – I am seriously considering making my own “Jesus Glue” – what a great visual and reminder – LOVE IT!

32. Charolette Ragsdale says:

I love the Jesus glue. Great concept! If you carry this token around with you everyday it is likely to help remind you to stay in check and not become unglued. This is a great reminder that Jesus is with us no matter where we are or go in life. Hallelujah!

33. Huge “unglued” moment on Friday night … I’m still not 100% sure I know exactly what happened, but I turned to a good friend (another sister in Christ) to help keep me focused on truth, and when I had the opportunity to talk to my husband about the matter, I was able to articulate my confusion clearly … without retaliation, stuffing, or exploding. While I’m still unsure of some things, keeping it glued together helped me to see where I can change and improve the situation.

34. Dear Melissa,

I am writing because I was wondering if you do a sliding fee for the conference calls. I live on disability and don’t have a lot of extra money. I follow most of the blogs of the people on this group of conference calls and would really like to just listen to what they have to say. I know this is short notice! Thank you for all the studies you do online they are often one of the few things that keep me going sometimes. I guess we never know how important our words and writing can be to someone else. Thank goodness for blogs!!!

Blessings and prayers your way!!

Mandy

35. Melissa, I think you are so silly and you keep me laughing and wanting to dig for more of God’s word. If I may be honest, I have noticed that you have some dark circles under your eyes. Don’t get unglued doing this. I was glad to read that you took some needed family time. So very important. Can’t wait to dig in this week and thank you to you and your family for devoting time to me/us….Blessings for an unglued week. Beth

36. It is Monday, and I have my ” Jesus glue” ready.
    Thanks guys for all your encouragement .

37. I have not read my lesson 3 yet but I am looking forward to it. I have been scanning over the comments you know hurriedly when “STOP !” something caught my eye…I started reading Susan’s comment about feeling like you have failed at something. I can relate to that. When I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis that is when I became “unglued” for a long time of trying to deal with this I kept asking “why me?” what have I done wrong? I have been trying to fix this on my own. This was what God was trying to tell me. This is not saying that he was punishing me for a life unpleasing to Him, this was a way of getting my attention during my affliction to let me know I can’t fix this on my own. I have to call on Him for all things not just for sickness. He keeps whispering these words everyday, every breath, every movement I can’t make anymore, every time I break down and cry over this He whispers “My Grace is sufficient for you”and I know that is when I Thank God for all things well…I fill His Holy Spirit today! Amen.

• Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

Kim,

God bless you dear. It is so true that in every little thing God desires us to come to Him. I am so glad you realize this.
      Praying for you sister.

Blessings,
      Catherine

38. Lee Ann Grubbs says:

For four years I have been struggling (that is an understatement). I always knew In my heart the reason is because God was not the center of my life. (I was still a believer, but I was trying to be in control). I was frozen in time because of fear…fear that someone else I trusted would shatter my world, fear that I would lose everything I had, I literally was stuck…I took a leap of faith & joined this OBS. & this past weekend went on a woman’s retreat.. Literally not KNOWING a soul. It was amazing & I now have several new friends & sisters in Christ. Because of UNGLUED I went in saying imperfect progress, I trust God to lead, guide & direct me. Thank you do much for this OBS.. I am stepping out of my comfort zone & making imperfect progress & learning to trust God & let him be in control.

• Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

Lee Ann,

You inspire me! I love that you stepped out of your comfort zone. I too find God calling me to do this in different areas of my life.

Blessings,
      Catherine

39. Philippa Whitelock

I have just had my “aha” moment on pages 35 and 36. When Lysa was talking about the unfinished sculptures which everyone else was rushing past. This is us always rushing to the finished product but we need to be still and admire the person who is emerging from within the sculpture because we will be that imperfect, beautiful sculpture in the end……I get it… Thanks Lysa!!

• Kara (OBS leader) says:

Love this comment. How many times are we rush in past. Thanks for giving me some good for thought.

40. Love the simple idea of Jesus glue <3 and love how real you are Melissa. Loving this study

41. I love the videos. They are so great and personal. I love this book so much. I come unglued all the time. I stuff and explode depending on who it is that I am upset with. Anyone have suggestions? I pray all the time and read my bible.

42. Jackie Van Hook says:

Loved the “Jesus Glue” – definitely making mine, and for the women in our group too! LOVED chapter 3! So many powerful points. “Labels only stick if we let them.”. Shows me we have to CHOOSE again, whose side are we on —- the world’s or God’s side???? So it really connected to Ch 2. Let God’s truth replace the labels/lies, and build you up.

Loved the powerful images of the unfinished art and the finished, chiseled David, wow! Gives me hope for what we will be like in the end, when God has completed His work in us. I know I get frustrated easily because too often we want things “now” and we have to remember we are a work in progress!!!!! To be patient, and let God work/chisel requires us to be surrendered to Him. I thought of the verse in Isaiah 64:8, where it talks of God being the potter and we are the clay. Let him mold and sculpt us. I thought about how a little lump of clay can become a beautiful piece of art, and the only way is for the Potter to do his work! Same way with us and God!!!!!!

43. What do you know that your freak out moments have caused freindships to end what dio you do know?

• Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what do you do after the friendship has ended?

I have been there many times. I grieve for the loss of my friend, for the friendship, I try to reach out one last time but if after that there is no response from the other person then I let it go knowing God removes people from my life that aren’t supposed to be in my life for the season I am in. But I miss them terribly until I learn how to adjust to them not being in my life anymore.

44. I love these videos so much! I love getting to see your beautiful face and getting to hear your voice! So awesome! I love that you are so “real” in your videos and that you so not try to be 100% perfect. It is so easy for all of us in this study to relate to you! Love you!

Blessings,
    Kristen Barkdull
    OBS Group Leader

45. I just have to share with you ladies that this weekend I took a little road trip with a girlfriend and we got talking about what was going on in our lives and she shared some “unglued” & freak-out moments she had been having lately. So I had to share with her what I had been studying here and how much it was ministering to me. Only thing was I kept calling it online battle study instead of bible study. After doing that about a dozen times I just gave up and realized maybe that’s just what God intends for me to use it as….a battle study. =)

46. Sarah Frey says:

Hi Ladies,
    I had to share that these words of wisdom are helpful. I tend to “freak out” quite a lot. I actually had a freak-out moment this week-end, towards my boyfriend, at our friend’s wedding. I really prayed for God’s help and wisdom. Of course, I was then plagued with guilt and regret about my mistakes. Even after asking for forgiveness from my Heavenly Father and my boyfriend, Satan still seemed to get me down. Anyone find any Scripture verses to help us “freak-outers” forget our past mistakes and move on? I want to write these verses on index cards and memorize the life out of them.
    Thanks,
    Sarah

47. c

48. Barbara Prince says:

I seem to get more out of each chapter I read. I’m having a hard time not reading very far ahead. I must confess though that I’ve read half of chapter 4 because after reading chapter 3 I just had to.
    Learning hurts a little, but its a good hurt.

49. I just had what might be considered an “unglued” moment with my 13-year-old son over homework. When I went through my divorce, I learned that sometimes even if I have a “right” to be angry I should cool it and confine myself to expressing anger in moments when I have a “responsibility” to be angry — such as when the safety of my child is threatened. I’m wondering if anyone else ever sees a responsibility to come “unglued” -maybe partially? As parents, especially of teens, sometimes we have a responsibility to yell at our kids or to speak harshly to them so they learn an important lesson — like you gotta read the book before you write the report. Anybody with me? Can’t make the call tonight but would love to know what Lysa thinks on this. (Unless its in Chapter 4. In that case, contrary to popular belief, I can wait. :))

• Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

Sharon,

I forwarded this to Melissa for the call tonight.

Blessings,
      Catherine

50. Thanks for the “Jesus Glue” idea! I think I may attempt to make one for each of the ladies in our Unglued Bible study with this weeks verses!
    This OBS is growing and stretching me. If anything, I am more aware of my responses. I think being aware is a great starting point to improving and being able to bring ourselves before Jesus knowing exactly what to ask for…then we are open to “seeing” ALL that He wants us to be for Him. Thank goodness He is walking with and before us through this journey!