Nov 8

You’re Invited to Greater

Hey Friends~

Our next study begins November 25th. Here are a few reasons why I’m inviting you to sign up for the Greater Online Bible Study:

*It’s the holiday season. How often do we take a break from study due to the busyness of the holidays. This makes no sense at all. This is the time of year we NEED to be in God’s Word the most. Keep Christ in Christmas, join this study. We will be going through the book and also discussing Christmas throughout the study.

*This study is good for women, men, and even teens. It’s a great study to do with your spouse or family. It’s great to do with friends. This online forum gives you the opportunity to study with family &  friends who live near and far.

*This study will bring together people from all over the world.

*This study will fit the schedule of anyone no matter how busy your life is.  You choose when to sign on and check the assignments. You do the homework on your time frame. You share with our group on my blog as often or as little as you like. It’s up to you.

*Greater is all about gaining the clarity to see the next step God is calling you to. It’s about igniting God’s vision for your life. What better thing to discover at the end of the year than that. You can begin 2013 on fire and believing that God is ready to accomplish a greatness in your life. It’s bigger than you think and God has seen it in you all along. It’s about starting small but dreaming big. Oh my, just typing this is getting me so super excited!

*We are keeping it real. Yes it is a busy time of year. We will begin November 25th and do the Greater study for 3 weeks. Then we will take a 2 week Christmas break.  Just like when you were in school :)  We will resume in January for 3 more weeks to finish up.

*We have fun around here!  This is not your grandmother’s Bible study :)  No offense Grandma.  We are serious about God and His Word, but we believe God wants us to enjoy it and have a good time too!

In my boot camp we are calling this month “No Excuses November.”  I’m challenging you to this same way of thinking. There are many reasons we can probably think of  to not join a Bible study.  Take the challenge to make no excuses. No Excuses November! Sign up today in the top right corner of my blog.

Greater is 25% of at Proverbs 31 Ministries this month. Order your copy here.

Join our Greater Conference Call Series featuring live interviews with the author of Greater, Steven Furtick; NY Times Best Selling Author and President of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa TerKeurst; plus more. Each call contains an interview and a message. Great way to connect and go deeper in the study. Great value as well. Order your Conference Call Series here. *The number and code to call in will be emailed to you. *Calls are recorded and you can download to listen later. *Calls are optional, not required for the study.

Will you join me?  I hope so!

Comments

1. Stephanie says:

I just purchased Greater from Proverbs31 ministries! I can’t wait to get started!

2. I am so glad I get to participate in the conference calls! Totally slacked on the Made to Crave calls, even after purchasing. Not this time!

3. I will be joining you for the next study, Greater. Getting my book today.

4. Liz Reveal says:

Melissa, I can’t wait to start the next OBS…That is a good idea about doing it even with your spouse… :) Do you know any small groups that are doing this also on Facebook???

5. Hi Melissa,

I am very excited for this next OBS. I am very much looking forward to it. I loved the Unglued OBS although I fell a little behind. This time I will do better :) . This really sounds like it will be an awesome OBS. I have my book and am ready to go :)

6. Jennifer N (OBS group leader) says:

I cannot wait!! My hubby and teen sons are joining with me this time!

7. This sounds like such an awesome study. It is also starting on my birthday which just happens to be my 60th. Wow! I really thought and hoped the Lord would return before i got this far. I did sign up for the study but may have to cancel at the last minute so i would appreciate your prayers out there that i won’t have to do that. Love and prayers to all and at this point i am still looking forward to the study of Greater. I enjoyed Unglued tremendously. I very seldom come across a study book that i just can’t put down but Unglued kept my attention. I couldn’t quite keep up with 2 chapters a week but i did finally finish the book last night. I think the last chapter was my favorite or maybe it was the Epilogue where Lisa took a verse and divided it into like sub-topics and it was wonderful. My book is on a kindle so it’s very hard to figure out where something was on it. Anyway, here’s to another great study coming up. Thanks Melissa so much for all your hard work and the time you make for the Lord and all of us. Love you!

8. Kristi Seat (OBS Leadership Team) says:

So excited!!!! Each online study has been such a blessing in my life. The online community is unmatched-individuals from all over the world seeking Jesus together. Although I love my face-to-face bible studies, there is something special about online study. The convenience removes any barriers that may arise from a busy schedule and I am able to discuss the topics with individuals who are both in my town and all over the world. Nothing compares. It is structured so that I have a task each day to bring me closer to God during this time. Although this is the way to get the most of the study, it is possible to go at your own pace as well and still be encouraged.

The addition of small Facebook groups has allowed me to join with individuals in an even more intimate setting where we can discuss the book and support each other with prayer and praise. And the the conference call series!!! Life-changing. Listen to an example with Matthew Barnett who is in charge of the Dream Center in LA. (Free trial call: http://melissataylor.org/schedule/) I don’t think words can express how truly exciting it is to get on the phone and hear Melissa’s sweet voice as she asks candid questions of the guests-sometimes individuals who I would only be able to see at a conference if one came to town!-and then a message in God’s Word which aligns with the topics in the book that week. Often, there is a Q&A period where we can share our thoughts with each other. Such a great bonding experience and a blessing! These calls are phenomenal and are worth their weight in gold!

Can’t wait for another online bible study. I have been doing these since May 2011 and I can’t imagine my life without the individuals I have met as well as this path to God’s truth in my life. Love Pastor Steven Furtick. The message of this book is amazing and I can’t wait to see how God is going to work in the lives of each individual who joins the study. I pray that we may join together around the world as an army of individuals who will stop at nothing to be used by God and to take action to be “Greater” for God.

Blessings
    Kristi Seat
    OBS Leadership Team

9. Amanda Gibson (OBS leader group#19) says:

I’m on board, can’t wait!

10. So excited!! Love doing your on line bible studies!!

11. Barbara Prince says:

I’m so ready for this next study. I’m glad that I found this sight and will continue to do the studies as often as possible. Unglued was an amazing study, so Greater has it’s work cut out for it or us. I’m up for the challenge. Are you?

12. christina t says:

im game for the next study still working on getting a book ill be there though! :)

13. Got the book, think I’m signed up already. Looking forward to it! Shelly