Dec 16

Girl’s Getaway <3

Greater Online Bible Study Peeps, hang in there. We have one more chapter to read before Christmas, and that’s it. But for the next 2 days, we are going to take a little break. If you needed a few catch up days, you got them.

For now I want to take you away.

Imagine yourself and your best girlfriends sailing away on the open sea! (notice I changed the color of the font to a beautiful ocean blue?)

Imagine being able to finally meet up with some of your Online Bible Studies sisters and leaders for some quality face to face~get to know you~fun in the sun!

Imagine being able to escape from the real world for just a bit~leaving all your cares behind for a few days~ to spend time with like minded girlfriends~ hearing some powerful messages, worshiping on the water, lots of free time, and having all the time you want to spend with Jesus.

Imagine eating amazing meals and lots of yummy food without one interruption.

Imagine visiting the Bahamas and a private island for a day each.

Imagine watching the sun set over the beautiful blue ocean.

Imagine that you could be there.

Let’s not imagine anymore. Let’s do this.

Proverbs 31 Ministries’ Online Bible Studies is taking a cruise and we want you to join us!

The 2013 Girls Getaway Cruise has invited Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies to join them October 3-7, 2013!  We are letting you know now, so hopefully you can plan accordingly!

It has been one of my dreams to be able to meet up with my OBS sisters!  I know a cruise isn’t possible for everyone, but what a blessing it would be to be able to meet you in person and spend some great quality time together.

Check out the Girls Getaway Cruise here!

If you register, use the promo code Proverbs 31, that way you will be included in the Proverbs 31 and Online Bible Studies special events and receptions we have planned and receive a $100 discount!

Listen to an interview with Girls Getaway Cruise Director, Mary Snyder here.  This interview contains all you need to know about cruising like:

* Affordable cruising

* Details about the cruise

* Special Guests~ Renee Swope, Robin Jones Gunn, Jennifer Rothschild, Comedy Angels, and recording artist, Selah!

Many of our OBS teammates and I will be there!  Hope you can join us!

Come back tomorrow for some other awesome girlfriend time ideas, a video message from me and Renee Swope, plus some fun prizes for you and a girlfriend!

Comments

1. That sounds like fun.

2. Hope V. OBS Group/Prayer Leader says:

Oh I soooo wish I could do this. My husband’s work schedule is such that I can’t leave the kids during that time but I can’t recommend this cruise highly enough to every lady that CAN go. GO GO GO!!! Getting to know the ladies I’ve known through OBS has been amazing and an opportunity to meet these gals face to face is an awesome one.

3. christina tejada says:

OH WHAT AN EXPERIENCE IT WOULD BE! I AM STRAGGLING I AM SO SAD I AM TRYING TO UNDERSTAND EACH DAY I READ WHAT GREATER IS ABOUT I STILL HAVE NOT PURCHASED. :( BUT I AM GETTING 50% OF THE BLESSINGS.

4. Barbara Prince says:

I have always dreamed of something like this. For many years my prayer has been to rent a cabin and spend a couple of days in prayer with a few other women who believe in the power of corporate prayer. It hasn’t happened, but that doesn’t mean it will never happen. A cruise is enough to make my mouth water, so to speak. There is no way I could do this short of a miracle. I do pray that as many of you who can find a way to go will do so. God will bless you in a great way for making that sacrifice of your time and money.

• Girls, you CAN do all things… God does want to bless you – and if you can schedule it in, God WILL make a way with the finances…. Believe!!!!!

Barb, I too would LOVE that idea – any girls in the Chicago area want to do a cabin get away for a few days ?

5. Jennifer N (OBS Group Leader) says:

I am so excited about this!! Burned a plow to go–FEAR!! Cannot wait to meet and worship Jesus with some awesome gals!

6. That sounds so fun! We already have vacations planned for next year. I won’t be able to go this year, but it sounds like a blast!

7. Christa (OBS small group leader) says:

I’m going and can’t wait! I hope that tons of our OBS sisters join us!

8. Sounds awesome!

9. I love cruises. I would love to meet everyone, as this is different for me, I am used to being able to see people face to face. And I have a friend who would really enjoy it. I will pray about it. God can do anything!!

10. Oh how I would love to go! I have never been on a crusie, but I am not sure I can afford it. I will look into my finances and do some serious praying….Thanks for the idea! Although this is my first one, I have truly enjoyed this arena and way to study the Lord’s word! I am so blessed to have OBS sisters to conversate with and to trust my inner most feelings and thoughts. Thanks to you all and will see what the Lord has planned in Oct for me!

11. Debbie W. (OBS Leader) says:

This would be the cruise of all cruises with all these OBS ladies and those that are leading the singing and teaching.

12. Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

I cannot wait to go!! Feeling blessed already. Meeting so many like minded women would be a total blessing.

13. I’m so thankful for the couple of days to get caught up! I’ve had one of my kids or my husband super sick, non stop since Thanksgiving!!! I’ll admit, I’m getting somewhat ‘burned out’, I am exhausted and behind! I’ve got 5 kids (2 of which live together on their own, so only 3 left at home) and this is the sickest our family/kids have ever been!! Please pray for healing…my 3 year old is miserable with the second virus in 3 weeks, high fever and very sore throat. I want her to feel good and happy for Christmas!
    Speaking on a cruise, I wouldn’t even know what it was like to take a break like that…I’ve been a mom since 17, had my second one at 19, third one at 27, fourth at 29 and fifth one at 35. (She was our ‘Ooops Blessing’) I’m 38 now and that’s all I’ve ever known…no breaks, no time off…that would be amazing but, there’s no way I could even imagine affording an extra like not to even mention, I’ve never gone that long without seeing my kids!! I wouldn’t know what to do with myself….although I can fantasize!! Is that wrong of me? I dearly love my kids and I wouldn’t change anything about when I had them or how many I had BUT…time to myself, being able to hang out with like-minded Christian women? Wow…one can dream!!
    God Bless :)

• Kristi Seat says:

Praying for healing in your family Becky! And, I want to encourage you today. Your blog has been a delight to read. You are a blessing to all of us and don’t give up. The devil wants you to get discouraged but God knows that you have a story to tell. God has you where you are for a reason and there is alot of time to catch up during the holidays so I hope you will feel peace tonight!

Blessings dear sister
      Kristi
      (OBS Leadership Team)

• Thank you so much for the encouraging words, Kristi! They have brightened my morning that so needed brightening. I’ve been up and down all night with my little one…so, through sleepy, tired eyes, I thank you!! :)
        You’re so right about God knowing I have a story to tell, with His help and guidance, I will get there!! God has redeemed me to be able to one day share so others will not repeat my past. I’m so thankful for His grace, His mercy and His love for me!! I’m thankful, too, for this OBS, the ‘Greater’ study and all who encourage, lift up and walk beside!
        As an ending note, I would LOVE to meet all you beautiful women on this cruise…what a dream that would be! :)
        God Bless :)

14. brittany jacobson says:

OBS small group leader, what do I like to do with my girlfirends well recently I went walking with a friend of mine and we listend to worship music and praised God while we walked. the first part of are walk was talk of God and chit chat. then the seconed half was listening to worship, finnaly we traveled to in and out and as we traveled to in and out we worshiped God while playing worship all the way there, and while we were at in and out we played worship music on my phone. and on the way we worshiped God as well. Ive done the whole girls sleep over thing to, one thing i want to do though is i want to start my own girls bible study were you go hiking and read the word