Jan 10

Greater Hop: Week Five

We’re nearing the end of our Blog Hops, but don’t cry, we still have another week together! {As always, here’s the VIDEO if you need instructions.}

This week’s suggested topics…

1.  Trusted. What are your thoughts on this week’s reflection verse?

Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much… ~ Luke 16:10a NIV84

2.  Awesomesauce. “What is the Jordan River in your life? What is the one thing about which you would say, “I will do anything God asks me to do–as long as it is not that”?” pg 130

3.  Dull Have you ever experienced a season of feeling spiritually dull and dried up? How did God draw you closer to Him during that time? What brought you about of that season?

Next ::sniffle:: week’s suggested topics ::sniffle:: our last Greater Blog Hop!

1.  Open. What are your thoughts on this week’s reflection verse?

O LORD, open {our} eyes so {we} may see….~ II Kings 6:17a NIV84

2.  Believe. How would your life be different if you believed God’s infinite power and potential was at work within you? If you could do anything for God, no bounds, no limitations, what would you do?

3.  Up Next. Now that you have finished walking this journey with us. What’s next for you? What is the most important lesson God has taught you through this study and how will you apply it to your life today?

Comments

1. Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

I absolutely love these hops. There are so many talented women out there with wonderful thoughts and ideas and stories. Thank you Melissa for letting them share them all with us.

2. MarcieSpencer says:

I’m with you, Catherine! The BlogHop has been a surprise bonus blessing. Each time I read a Blog, it Blesses my heart. And Thank YOU to you, Melissa~~your blog adventure has become our >GREATest Blessing. :)

3. Jennifer N (OBS group leader) says:

This has been an awesome way to dig deeper in the study. I love seeing where each of you are!

4. Hello!
    Since starting my blog, I’ve been forced to sit and think, reflect and put into words some of my deepest thoughts. I’ve really enjoyed it & look forward to having it become a part of my weekly (at least) routine.
    I usually go with a topic from the ‘suggested’ topics but, this time…I’m a little behind. Instead of one of the suggested topics, I’m sharing my thoughts I had on the New Year…my ‘highlights’.
    To be totally honest, had I found some more time this week, I was planning on sharing thoughts about my ‘Jordan River’…I wanted the time to really put it down…in ‘black & white’ so to speak. Thinking quickly on this, I know what it is…my confidence (or lack of it) is my deep river, the anxieties that go with sharing some truths that will forever change how I’m seen by people.
    The thing is that I know how I’m seen by God and that’s all that really matters…so why am I worried about people?
    God is all that matters. I know I’m forgiven for my wrong doings, I’m loved for who I am, I’m His child & He is my Father. For this, I’m forever thankful!
    This study of ‘Greater’ has been an awesome, divine teaching for me. I will walk away with such a strong feeling of purpose…it’s just what I needed at this time in my life.
    Thanks to all you ladies that inspire & encourage our walks!
    Ok….I’m rambling & this stuff is for the blogs…lol. Thanks for letting me share & taking the time to read my thoughts!
    God Bless

• Becky, loved your blog post and your notes above. What great scriptures you used to ‘highlight” your thoughts for your post. It thrills me to see young women with such a fervent calling. When I was young, we had a Bible, Strong’s Concordance, and Matthew Henry (church recommended). 😉 Now, we have wonderful blogs, OBS, infinite resources on the internet, books galore, social media, etc. Praise God for that! It helps us to never grow tired of learning and seeking. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts so openly. You are a blessing!

• Becky, I haven’t had the chance to read the blogs yet, but I love your comment and always look forward to reading your blog posts!
        Beth A. (OBS Group Leader)

5. RE: LAUREN BEACH’s blog on FORGIVENESS -(I tried sending my comment from your blog page, but it was sending under the wrong account.)
    Lauren, thank you for your heartfelt and inspiring post. You can do this! God blesses our efforts and gives us the strength to forgive. Remember in Chapter 6 when Pastor Steven said, “…it’s not until we embrace our limitations that God can start to use us beyond our limitations….Think of your limitations as fish and loaves that Jesus is eager to bless….He can multiply it to the highest power He desires, it really doesn’t matter what you start with. As long as it’s not zero.” (Page 86-87) I think that’s one of my favorite parts of the book! So encouraging!!! Blessings and hugs! <3

• Lauren Beach (OBS Group Leader) says:

Thank you CG ~ I have an awesome group of ladies (OBS Team) behind me to help encourge me, yes I can get through this. Thank you for the reminder on Chapter 6 -you are so right! I love reading peoples comments they help encourage me and help me grow stronger! Blessings and hugs to you too!!!

• Glad you “found” this note! :) You are a blessing and don’t forget it!

• Lynda Parker (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Lauren! I tried to leave a comment on your blog and it looked like it was there, but then it’s not there? Crazy! I knew the Lord was dealing with me on forgiving someone I loved and that I thought loved me that has hurt me so badly. But I kept thinking, no, I didn’t do anything wrong! Your thoughts have really humbled me and shown me what I’ve got to do. Get down on my knee’s! I can’t forgive, but He can forgive through me if I will just surrender it to Him! Thank you so much for sharing and encouraging me right where I needed it. Love you sister! Lynda Parker

6. Jennifer N (OBS Group Leader) says:

Absolutely love and blown away by these blogs today. So blessed that this is a part of the OBS now. Can’t wait to see next week’s!

7. I love Blog Hop too! Like Becky, I have been INCREDIBLY blessed by writing down my thoughts. I have encountered God in ways I never thought possible. I love reading each blog, and even though I don’t comment on all of them, you are each a blessing.

This has led me to Greater in such a meaningful way. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for me in the future. Thanks to each of you who take the time to read the blogs. It means a lot to me.

8. Linda Maybee says:

I have had thoughts that it is too late in life to really accomplish anything greater. But little by little I am realizing through this study that I just have to start getting back to being faithful in the little things (Bible reading, prayer, reflection, fasting, finding quality time each day for my family). I (do) get wrapped up in the daily tasks and checking things off my list that I keep putting what I really need to the side. I am overwhelmed, but desire to be empowered.

9. Barbara Prince says:

I’ve tried to work on a blog for this week, but it is harder than most. As I’ve tried to write, I feel more exposed. I’ve had to get down to some “raw” places and some of them are difficult to express. I can not explain how awesome the past 2 chapters have been. They’ve hurt, but it is good.
    I have loved reading you’all blogs.

10. Hello!
    As I came back to visit the post to do some catch up reading of some blogs that I didn’t have the time to get to, I noticed mine was gone.
    I know I shared my blog last Thursday for ‘Blog Hop’ day…was just curious as to why it wasn’t there? Maybe this just happens or are there specifics for being removed? I just want to double check to make sure I’m not doing anything ‘wrong’? Maybe with the upload? I just don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. I did re-post my blog link.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer.

11. I loved (as usual) the post from all of you wonderful women! Thanks so much for sharing. I did not have time to leave a comment on every blog but please know your willingness to share is greatly appreciated. I absolutely love the blog hops.