Jan 29

OBS & Social Media, News You Can Use~

As I read through the comments on yesterday’s blog post, I was thrilled by the number of women who said this was their very first Online Bible Study. Even more exciting, many said this was their very first Bible study ever.

Welcome to Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies!!! We are honored that you would select this study to be your first. I take that very seriously. And my OBS team and I want to make sure you have the best experience ever.

What I love most about these studies is the fact that they are so flexible and anyone can participate. I also love that they are welcoming and non-intimidating. If you are here, we are so excited about that. We love you already! And most of all, I love that the women who have participated have experienced real hope for real life. That’s what you get here. Hope that is applicable and you can trust it because it’s from God. No matter what is in your past or where you are today, you have a place here. Thank you for trusting us to walk with you in faith.

All this week, I’ll be highlighting a different aspect of OBS. This is so you will be informed.

Today:  Social Media

We LOVE Social Media!!!! Social media provides us with more ways we can communicate with you. I realize that not everyone utilizes all the social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest and that’s ok. The Bible study will take place here on my blog. Social media sites just provide more options if you care to use them.

• Facebook Small Groups~  Are you on Facebook?  Do you have an interest in joining a group off 12-15 women who are doing this online study also? Facebook small groups are designed for ladies who want a smaller environment and more personal connections to do this study. Each group has a leader. These groups develop friendship and experience community while discussing the study.  You must be on Facebook to join a Facebook small group. Lisa Kramp is the Leader and Small Group Coordinator for OBS. To join a group, send Lisa a friend request or a FB message. These groups are filled on a first come first serve basis. There will be a waiting list if needed.
  • Online Bible Studies Facebook Page~ If you are on Facebook, visit this page and like it right now! You will be so glad you did! Our Online Bible Studies Facebook page is encouraging, informative, interactive and fun! Check it out today and connect with us!
  • Online Bible Studies on Twitter~ If you are on Twitter, follow us on Twitter! @MTBibleStudies is another way to interact and connect in a fun way. I’d also like to invite you to follow me too. I love to “tweet” and I’d love you to connect with you!
  • Pinterest~ This is the latest social media craze and we LOVE it! We are so blessed to have Veronica Herzing as our pin creator and wow does she ever do a fabulous job! Veronica creates pins for each chapter and reflection Bible verse we use for each study. You can share these pins and use them for your own inspiration. Follow us on Pinterest and experience the beautiful creations by our very own sweet Veronica <3

I look forward to seeing many of you on these optional sites as we go through our study!

It’s not too late to invite your friends to join us! Spread the word about OBS. We begin this Sunday, February 3rd.

You can order your book from Proverbs 31 Ministries here.

You can read Chapter 1 of Let. It. Go. here. (Whether you are waiting on your book or you just want to check it out and decide if this book is for you.)

You can sign up to participate in this Online Bible Study in the top right corner of my blog. (If you haven’t signed up, please do so. I will be emailing important information to those who sign up.)

And now for our winners from yesterday! Each day this week, we are giving away 2 Let.It.Go. bundles (DVD, book, and participant guide). Click here to see picture if you are reading this via email.

Yesterday’s Let. It. Go. Bundle winners are:

Sandra, email beginning slf4094

Kathleen Bennefield

Congrats ladies! Email Angie, our awesome OBS Executive Assistant at Angie@Proverbs31.org with your mailing address.

Would you like to win a Let.It.Go. bundle?  Here’s your chance!  In the comment section, let us know which Online Bible Studies Social Media sites you are a part of! If you aren’t a part of any, then you can still win. Just comment that you don’t use social media. But you must mention social media in your comment. Everyone got it?

I hope today’s post was helpful to you. Join me tomorrow when I will be sharing about our awesome Conference Call series!

Big Blessings and have a fabulous day!

Comments

1. I’m following on Pintrest and will add the Facebook one to, so I don’t miss anything.

2. I’m on Facebook and would love to be part of a small group! I am new to OBS so I’m still a little unsure about how everything works but I”m sure I’ll figure it out as I go. Looking forward to it!

3. Jessica Arboleda says:

Hi IM BACK!!!

I did the unglued bible study with you and OMG I cannot begin to put into words the blessing and eye opener that was. I am so excited to get into this because the LORD knows i need to LET IT GO!!!

I am on Facebook and also in instagram along with IM’s on AOL and YAHOO.

Can’t wait till Sunday!!!

Jessica

4. I’ve been doing your OBS for probably 2 or 3 years and I love it! I don’t do them all because a year ago I was inspired & encouraged to start a women’s Bible study at my church! It’s difficult to do 2 studies at once, though I am often tempted to <3. I am on Facebook and, now that I have finally joined the 21st Century with an iPhone, I am going to open a Twitter. Can't wait to follow you!! You and all the ladies at Proverbs 31, inpsire me daily! Thank you for folloiwng the path God has laid out for you, as it gives me hope that I can too!

5. Andrea G. Nichols says:

I haven’t started the Bible Studies as of yet, but, I’m looking forward to starting soo. Blessings to you, Andrea

6. Amanda Witham says:

I am following on Facebook & Pinterest!!

7. Nikki Briggs says:

I am on Facebook and sent Lisa a friend request, hoping that I’m not too late to be added to a small group by tomorrow evening. Thanks! :)

8. Amanda Spurrier says:

I am sooo excited and in need of this OBS. This is very new to me and I look forward to it. I have liked you on Facebook and Pinterest!!! I’m so excited about being able to share what I learn with folks. This could NOT come at a better time!!!

9. Jenn Vest says:

I am new to the OBS but am reallyblooking forward to this exciting adventure! The socail media site I use daily is facebook.
    Looking forward to learning new things and enriching my faith.

10. My social media is Facebook. I am looking forward to the OBS.

11. I am a Facebook user and am so hoping i will be able to do the study.

12. Robin Caldon says:

This is going to be my second online Bible study and I love them. I can do them at home and that really helps. Sometimes it’s difficult with work, family and church to fit a Bible study in. But, with this I can find the time to fit this in around everything else. My social media is facebook and pintrest. Thank you for your online Bible studies.

13. I am using the online Bible Study. I have liked you on Facebook and in my inbox. I am hearing impaired and hope to be able ot participate at some level. If nothing else just reading along.

14. I just recently signed up to be a part of the facebook group. I just read the first chapter and am so excited – and in desperate need of help from the Lord! I can’t wait to continue reading!
    Blessings!
    Sarah

15. This is my first time participating. I will be participating in the Let It Go study. I’m excited.

16. Danice lee says:

I’m on Facebook and twitter. I loved Unglued and can’t wait to start Let. It. Go.

17. This is my first online bible study and I plan to stay connected also through Melissa’s FB posts… My adult daughter is also doing the study and we both look forward to the Lord using this to equip us (individually and together) through His Spirit, to let it go! We are very excited to be a part of this and pray the Lord will use it in all of us! :)

18. Lisa Kuszak says:

I will be taking part on facebook, but that is the only social media I am really involved with. I am so excited to be a part of this study!!

19. Kelly Haines says:

This is my first online bible study, but I am a part of social media. I have a facebook and twitter account that I hope to use in addition to this study. Thanks for allowing me to join this bible study.

20. Just signed up for the free blog so I can join in on the Blog Hops! Looking for to the Bible Study online of Let.It.Go!

21. Can’t wait to get started tomorrow!

22. Diana Rockwell says:

I am on facebook. I have an account on Pinterest but do not understand that site lol…ihave done several online bible studies. I am looking forward to the study. My tip to the study is grace, grace, grace. God justs wants us to be in relationship with Him.
    Blessings….

23. I am on Facebook and am excited about tomorrow!!

24. Helen Hendrickson says:

I am going to sign up on Pinterest !! Super excited about this OBS! This is my third and I have loved each one so far!

25. This is my first online Bible study and I am super ecited to be a part of such a network of positive women. I am so wanting to be more like Christ and am looking for the blessings I am about to recieve. Thank you

26. I’m very excited about the online study of Let It Go. I’m a member of the social network society of Facebook. I use the social network to share my faith and study the word of God. I also stay connected with family and friends through Facebook. I would love to join one of the small study groups on Facebook. My daily devotional is one of the most peaceful times in my busy day. Let us together share our faith with others by using the gifts and talents that God blesses us with each day.