Jan 30

OBS Conference Calls, News You Can Use!

For many, the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Conference Call Series that accompanies each study, is their favorite part of the study. And I can see why. These calls are so beneficial for those who participate in them. In fact, many who sign up for the Conference Call Series aren’t even participating in the study. They just have  experienced the value and benefits from call participation, so they keep signing up! All are invited to sign up :)

Each call offers:

• Practical information that you can use and apply to your life now.
  • An opportunity to hear from your OBS Leader, Melissa Taylor. On each call I pray over you and give you a message that is prepared just for you. It’s related to what we are studying in the Bible and in the Bible study book.
  • Life work. Similar to homework, but this is something for you to take with you and make a part of your life. Your life work will help you grow closer to God and implement more of Him into your life so that you can live with hope and freedom.
  • Recording and download options. Each call is recorded so you never have to worry about missing anything! Can’t be on a call live? No problem. You will be sent the recording information so you can listen or download to your computer.
  • Special Guests~ Everyone loves our special guests, and we have been so blessed to have some incredibly faithful, Godly, and gifted people join us to share their stories. Our guests offer testimonies of how God has used them or worked in their lives and offer hope that He can work in ours too.

Past guests have included authors, Lysa TerKeurst (Unglued, Made to Crave), Renee Swope (A Confident Heart), Karen Ehman (Let. It. Go.), Glynnis Whitwer (I Used to Be So Organized), Steven Furtick (Greater, Sun Stand Still), Sheri Rose Shepherd (His Princess Series), Deborah Smith Pegues (30 Days to Taming Your Tongue), Matthew Barnett (The Cause Within You & founder of the Dream Center), and more.  We’ve also had radio personality Carol Davis from 106.9 the Light, as well as Samantha Reed, Wendy Blight, Wendy Pope, Rachel Olsen, and Micca Campbell from Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Each guest is invited based on their story and their willingness to share with us how God has moved in their life. They have so much to offer.

This time is no different. Our line up is spectacular!  Our guests include actress Candace Cameron Bure of Roomag.com (actress, director, writer. You may remember her as DJ Tanner from Full House), Jill Savage of Hearts at HomeKaren Ehman, author of Let. It. Go., and Sharon Glasgow of Proverbs 31 Ministries. These calls will offer teaching, inspiration and connection. You will receive a personal message as well as real testimonies from women who have learned to “let it go” and walk with God in faith.

Calls will take place the following Monday evenings, 8 pm EST. (they are all recorded so you can listen later if you can’t be on live)

February 11- Jill Savage

February 25- Sharon Glasgow

March 4- Karen Ehman

March 11- Candace Cameron Bure

There is a fee for the conference calls, but they are well worth it. If you don’t think so, Proverbs 31 Ministries will refund your money. That’s how much we believe in the value of these calls. Order calls here.

Free Trial Call! Wondering if the calls are for you?  Listen here to a recent Conference Call which includes an interview with Pastor Matthew Barnett of the LA Dream Center and a message on your purpose and potential by Melissa Taylor.

Sign up for the Conference Call Series today here. Hurry, there is limited space.

Winners from Tuesday’s blog post on Social Media are: (see below)

Email Angie, our OBS Executive Assistant at Angie@Proverbs31.org with your mailing address.

There’s still 3 more chances to win a Let.It.Go. Bundle!  One of them is now.

In the comment section of this blog, ask a question about the Conference Calls or share a comment about the Conference Calls. If your comment relates to the calls, then you are entered. Enter by 10 pm EST.

***Also, Greater Conference Call Peeps, we still have one call remaining with Lysa TerKeurst. You will receive the information about that call in the next few weeks. Lysa’s schedule has been super filled lately and we are coordinating a time that will work best for everyone.

***Edit:  Winners of 2 Let. It. Go. bundles from yesterday’s post are~ Katelin~ email krandle  and Angela Satterly. Congrats ladies! Email Angie at Angie@Proverbs31.org with your address to claim your prizes!

Comments

1. The conference calls are amazing. After you sign in (and introduce yourself if the recording hasn’t started), everyone mutes their phones so there’s no background noise. The call quality is excellent and Melissa does a fantastic job connecting with us and praying. She’s very humble about it, but she’s pretty awesome!!!! We’ve got some great guest speakers on board for this package. There’s always a Facebook event page too with discussion going on. If you can’t listen live, you can listen later. It’s so good, I never want to wait though! The conference calls have been a blessing bonus!
    Beth A. (OBS Group Leader)

2. I didn’t do the conference calls at first, but I have come to enjoy and look forward to them very much. It so nice being able to listen to them later also.

3. I love the conference calls because you get to hear great insight from experts, including the author of the book. I also love Melissa’s enthusiasm on every call – it’s contagious!

4. Sounds like a great way to add to the study and hear from other women’s hearts .

5. Melissa bandixen says:

Conference calls are a great way to really have a one on one with someone who inspires then.

6. I’m hoping to be able to listen in to the conference calls. It all depends on the kiddo! : )

7. I am new to OBS and have not experienced the conference calls, but what an opportunity they would be to have so many wise women sharing their knowledge and experience in an honest and open forum! I don’t think I could take notes fast enough! :-)

8. Nancy Goblesky says:

How many conference calls are in the series? Sounds interesting! Do tell more :)

9. Jenny Andrews says:

I love the conference calls! I am especially greatfull for the ability to listen to the recording on my computer because after listening to two conference calls live I got an increased phone bill because my “Unlimited Long Distance” plan does not cover these types of calls. It was worth the extra $20 but from now on I am listening on my computer.

10. I highly recommend signing up for the conference calls. They bring the study to a whole new level. Honestly, the calls are life changing! You will be so thankful you did it! Not to mention all the cool people we get to listen to in such a relaxed setting. Sign up today!!

11. Collette Sawer says:

Are the conferecne calls interactive, or listening only.

12. The conference calls sound like they’d be really good. It’s nice that you can listen to them at another time, too, in case you aren’t available at the “live” time. Can I ask, how much is the fee you mentioned? Thanks.

13. Conference calls sound like a unique element to have in an online bible study!

14. Are there still spots left for the conference calls? I need to check my calendar and see how many I could attend live.

Thanks.

Kay

15. The conference calls sound intruiqing…but are there specific topics for each call? How do they related directly to the study?

• Kara S (OBS leader) says:

Usually the speaker tells a personal testimony that usually goes along with the chapters for the week. Then Melissa will have a message for us that directly relates to the chapters for the week. Both Melissa and the speaker give tips and bible verses. They are awesome!

16. While I’m not sure I could call in for each of the conference calls on each of those dates, it sounds like this is an awesome outreach opportunity!

• Amanda, OBS leader grp 19 says:

Missy that is why they are recorded so that you can listen after on YOUR time. Whenever you have time you can listen to the recording:)

17. Are the conference calls focused on the current chapters at the time of the call? How long do you have to listen to the recorded version?

• Kara S (OBS leader) says:

The speaker usually is closely related to the chapters and more related to the theme of the book. Melissa always gives a specific message related to the chapters for the week. You usually have about six months to listen to the play back, but can download it to your computer to have forever. I hope you will join us in these great calls.

18. Lisa Friday says:

How long are the conference calls? and are they muted or open for partisipants to interact?
    I have not done a conference call before but am very curious how they work. I will listen to the sample call you posted.

• Kara S (OBS leader) says:

Each conference call is approximately an hour. At the beginning of each call Melissa will ask all participants to mute themselves. Then she starts the recording. At the end of the call you can unmute yourself if you have a question.

19. I love everything from the Proverbs 31 website and I know the conference calls are probably great as well. Hope I will get to participate.

20. The conference call idea is really neat! I just changed my availability at work, so that I have Monday nights off – now I can be involved:-) Looking forward to them!!

21. Lisa Latimore-Boggs says:

I am looking forward to the conference calls. I have heard Jill Savage and Karen Ehman before and they are awesome.

22. sandra cosby says:

i dont have a web set. i would like to take calls

23. I participated in the conference calls for Greater and just let me tell you, they were awesome! Like putting the icing on a cake….just the perfect thing to top the book and online study! You will be glad you signed up!

24. Amber Alloway says:

I would just like to take the time to Thank Proverb 31 Ministries for the chance to join in on this Let.It.Go. Bible study and for giving me the oppurtunity to recieve the information free at the moment!! Like I said before I am a single mother of 2 beautiful daughters and I am currently only working part time so for you to give me this oppourtunity to join in on this bible study means so much to me! However, God has a plan for me and is advancing me to full time at my current job come March 1, 2013 and I want you to know that I plan on partnering with you all then and donating to this ministrie so that it can continue to reach out to the others in need of help, with God we can advance to places we never thought possible! As it states in Philippians 4:13 We can do all through Christ who strengthens us! And I live and meditate on this verse daily! Once again Thank you so much Proverbs 31 Ministries I am so extatic about this oppurtunity!!!

• Amanda, OBS leader grp 19 says:

Amber, that is awesome! Thanks for the sweet comments about Proverbs31. Congrats on the new full time position.keep your head up, and God definitely has a plan for you girl:)

25. I still don’t understand how a conference call works. Do i use my telephone? I only have a cell phone. Or do i have to have a special code or something and listen on my computer? I can’t afford it anyway but was curious how it works. Thanks! I can hardly wait till the study starts. Thank you all of you who have a part in making the OBS a success for all of us. God bless you all.

26. Michelle Wenner says:

Do I need to purchase conference calls if I am unable to listen live?

27. Irma Bustos says:

Hi Melissa, I’m new to your OBS, and I’m looking forward to this study and the conference call. I was wondering if you are going to do another study on “Unglued”
    I was looking for a OBS group for this book when I noticed you do study’s and had already missed it. Thanks you.

28. Cynthia Guillory says:

I’ve read and understand instructions. Thank you

29. Joyce Bailey says:

This is my first OBS too…what a great idea! And using social media to connect others with the same interest…I’m excited!

30. Rachel Nix says:

I am so excited to begin the OBS tomorrow!
    I have read the email :)

31. I have never done a conference call but it sounds like a great way to come together to learn. Is it really as easy as it sounds? I am technology slow!!!

32. Thank you for the DVD, it is great and really brings this Bible Study to life! Even my husband is enjoying listening! Blessings to all!

33. How do I get on the conference call. I signed up yesterday. Thanks

34. I never got an email about it.

35. Missed the conference call tonight. Where do I find the recorded call to download and listen to?

36. Ok, I got my email and was able to answer my last question. Now, I have couple of other questions. Are the live conference calls a long distance call? Also, can you use a computer for the live calls or are they only available through a phone?

37. Amber Alloway says:

Melissa, I am not sure where to go to listen to the confrence call from lastnight? I was unable to attend it on the phone, which was a bummer :( But I really want to listen to it this evening……. If you could please tell me where to go to listen to it I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!