Jan 30

OBS Conference Calls, News You Can Use!

For many, the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Conference Call Series that accompanies each study, is their favorite part of the study. And I can see why. These calls are so beneficial for those who participate in them. In fact, many who sign up for the Conference Call Series aren’t even participating in the study. They just have  experienced the value and benefits from call participation, so they keep signing up! All are invited to sign up :)

Each call offers:

• Practical information that you can use and apply to your life now.
  • An opportunity to hear from your OBS Leader, Melissa Taylor. On each call I pray over you and give you a message that is prepared just for you. It’s related to what we are studying in the Bible and in the Bible study book.
  • Life work. Similar to homework, but this is something for you to take with you and make a part of your life. Your life work will help you grow closer to God and implement more of Him into your life so that you can live with hope and freedom.
  • Recording and download options. Each call is recorded so you never have to worry about missing anything! Can’t be on a call live? No problem. You will be sent the recording information so you can listen or download to your computer.
  • Special Guests~ Everyone loves our special guests, and we have been so blessed to have some incredibly faithful, Godly, and gifted people join us to share their stories. Our guests offer testimonies of how God has used them or worked in their lives and offer hope that He can work in ours too.

Past guests have included authors, Lysa TerKeurst (Unglued, Made to Crave), Renee Swope (A Confident Heart), Karen Ehman (Let. It. Go.), Glynnis Whitwer (I Used to Be So Organized), Steven Furtick (Greater, Sun Stand Still), Sheri Rose Shepherd (His Princess Series), Deborah Smith Pegues (30 Days to Taming Your Tongue), Matthew Barnett (The Cause Within You & founder of the Dream Center), and more.  We’ve also had radio personality Carol Davis from 106.9 the Light, as well as Samantha Reed, Wendy Blight, Wendy Pope, Rachel Olsen, and Micca Campbell from Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Each guest is invited based on their story and their willingness to share with us how God has moved in their life. They have so much to offer.

This time is no different. Our line up is spectacular!  Our guests include actress Candace Cameron Bure of Roomag.com (actress, director, writer. You may remember her as DJ Tanner from Full House), Jill Savage of Hearts at HomeKaren Ehman, author of Let. It. Go., and Sharon Glasgow of Proverbs 31 Ministries. These calls will offer teaching, inspiration and connection. You will receive a personal message as well as real testimonies from women who have learned to “let it go” and walk with God in faith.

Calls will take place the following Monday evenings, 8 pm EST. (they are all recorded so you can listen later if you can’t be on live)

February 11- Jill Savage

February 25- Sharon Glasgow

March 4- Karen Ehman

March 11- Candace Cameron Bure

There is a fee for the conference calls, but they are well worth it. If you don’t think so, Proverbs 31 Ministries will refund your money. That’s how much we believe in the value of these calls. Order calls here.

Free Trial Call! Wondering if the calls are for you?  Listen here to a recent Conference Call which includes an interview with Pastor Matthew Barnett of the LA Dream Center and a message on your purpose and potential by Melissa Taylor.

Sign up for the Conference Call Series today here. Hurry, there is limited space.

Winners from Tuesday’s blog post on Social Media are: (see below)

Email Angie, our OBS Executive Assistant at Angie@Proverbs31.org with your mailing address.

There’s still 3 more chances to win a Let.It.Go. Bundle!  One of them is now.

In the comment section of this blog, ask a question about the Conference Calls or share a comment about the Conference Calls. If your comment relates to the calls, then you are entered. Enter by 10 pm EST.

***Also, Greater Conference Call Peeps, we still have one call remaining with Lysa TerKeurst. You will receive the information about that call in the next few weeks. Lysa’s schedule has been super filled lately and we are coordinating a time that will work best for everyone.

***Edit:  Winners of 2 Let. It. Go. bundles from yesterday’s post are~ Katelin~ email krandle  and Angela Satterly. Congrats ladies! Email Angie at Angie@Proverbs31.org with your address to claim your prizes!

Comments

1. Barbara Keane says:

This is my first Bible study online and I am looking forward to it. How expensive are the conference calls? I could not find the cost online ( I am probably not looking in the right places). I would love to win the bundle as I am a learner. I often get Christian books with the participants guide and study at home, sometimes with friends, sometimes alone.

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

Toward the bottom of the blog is a link to the conference calls with the cost. I am so excited that this is your first study and I pray that it blesses you! ((hugs))

• Mary B OBS leader says:

$19.97 for all 4 calls.
        Monday evenings 8 pm EST
        Feb 11
        Feb 25
        March 4
        March 11 From Melissa Taylor, posted in an earlier comment :)

2. Kim Golds says:

I have participated in the conference calls since I started OBS a year ago. They are sooooo worth it and add alot to the study. I highly recommend them :)

3. Can I call into a conference call on my cell? What if I need to leave in the middle? Just hang-up?
    THanks

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

Yes to both Robin! You can call in on the cell phone (that is how I do them). If at anytime, you need to go, you are free to. The calls are recorded and a link emailed to you for later listening as well!

• Kyndra (OBS Group leader) says:

I normally call in to the conference calls from my cell phone, and everyone but the speaker mutes themselves during the main portion of the call, so no one is interrupted if you have to leave. You can just hang up! AND…if that happened you could listen to the call later from the recording link that is provided.

4. Jessica Arboleda says:

When I signed up for the unglued online bible study I came into wanting and expecting God to do a change in my heart and my life. I said to myself I am going to put 100% into this study because I needed a 360 turn in my life and God did so much more than that. He showed me that I didnt need a 360 but instead i just needed to make some imperfect progress. Through the reading, the blogs, answering the questions, memorizing scripture, plus the conference calls I saw that Im not the only one that was unglued. God blessed me with so much time in order for me to put 100% into this study and for it not to get in the way of all my other mother, wife, and full time preschool director duties. Jesus was my glue and all the ladies that did this study with me helped keep the glue in place. The motivation, support, and prayers meant so much more than I can even begin to write about. I am so anxious to start this new online bible study because again the title is shouting out at me and I know God wants to do some more work in me and help me grow closer to him and more into the woman he wants me to be. I CANT WAIT TILL SUNDAY!!!!!

P.S. This also was my first online bible study, now im HOOKED!!

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

Praise the Lord!! Thank you so much for sharing this. I am so encouraged to hear how He spoke to your heart. God bless you and can’t wait to do this study with you either!!

• Jessica,
      Your words are such a blessing! Thank you for joining us again. I’m so thankful that God showed up in a big way for you during Unglued. I bet He will again this time!

5. Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

I have participated in the last two OBS conference call series and let me say what a blessing it is. The prayers, the amazing hearts of the guests on the call, and the final wrap up by Melissa. All have encouraged me in my walk and added a depth to the study that I enjoy so much.

6. Kyndra (OBS Group leader) says:

The conference calls are WONDERFUL! This will be my 5th OBS with Melissa Taylor and I have subscribed to the calls every time. It is amazing how God will bring a speaker to the call at exactly the moment that I need to hear their message.

No worries about whether or not the call will fit into your schedule–just like the online Bible study format- you can tweak the conference calls into your schedule since they are recorded and can be played back at a later time! I’ve listened to many of the calls numerous times….they are just so inspiring!

Definitely worth the small cost…the blessings from the call will resonate with you long after the call/study is done, well, at least they have for me!

7. Meka Matthews says:

HI! I’m interested in knowing more about the conference calls. I looked around your blog, but I did not see any information regarding the price or exactly how to sign up. Would you mind helping me out with this please? There is a strong possibility that I just overlooked it. :)

Thanks!

8. Kyndra (OBS Group leader) says:

HI! Here’s the link to sign up for the conference calls.

9. Hope V. (OBS Group Leader) says:

These conference calls can be life changing. They are so filled with such powerful messages and intense wisdom and emotion. Sometimes you can’t quite get the real ‘feel’ for what someone is saying just in print but when you get to hear the author themselves speaking about their book it is pretty incredible.

I can’t recommend these conference calls highly enough. Though not necessary to the study they sure are a great compliment and add so much depth to it.

~Hope

P.S. Just reblogging the link to sign up: http://www.proverbs31.org/store/product/let-it-go-cc/

10. I’ll be honest, I haven’t participated on a conference call yet through OBS. I didn’t realize that they were recorded to be listened to afterwards. Thank you for posting the link to the free trial call – I will listen to it tonight :-)

11. Looking forward to hearing more on learning to Let.It.Go during this series!

12. Mary B OBS leader says:

I love these calls, it is such a treat to hear Melissa live! And the guests are so wonderful, each one of the calls. I have listened to many over the last year and they really make the study come to life for me. Like I am sitting with my friends learning about God and how he works in their lives. They have blessed me so much! I highly recommend the calls, you won’t be sorry you signed up! And playback is great, you can hear them more than once! I do that all the time too, listen live if I can, or later and then again at the link on line or by calling in to the playback. WONDERFUL part of the study! Sign up! :)

13. This is also my first online Bible study so I am torn as to whether or not I should buy the conference calls. I think if I could convince a friend to do this with me I probably would but I fear that as a working woman and mom of three I might not have the time to listen and enjoy them fully. A chance at winning them would be awesome!!

• Mary B OBS leader says:

The good news is that you can get a playback number and call when it works for you or follow the link to the call recording on your computer and listen that way. I work 2 jobs and can’t always be on the call live, but I can schedule when to call back or listen on my computer. LOVE THAT! Beauty of OBS, I fit it into my day when it works for me. You can do that too Tiffany! Welcome to OBS!

• Tiffany,
      I totally get where you are coming from. I am a full time working mom of 4. That is exactly why I started these online studies. I couldn’t attend Bible study group. This fits great in my life because I can check in on my time. Same with the conference calls. They are recorded so you can listen when the time is right for you.

14. I am excited for the OBS, but unsure of if I will do the Conference Calls, we are on a pretty tight budget right now, leaving it up to the Lord. :)

15. Hi! I live in another country, so I won’t be able to do the conference calls because they will be in the middle of the night for me. Do you do any kind of recording of them?

16. Barbara Swarthout says:

What if you miss a call can you still listen afterwards?

• Melissa S { OBS Group Leader } says:

Barbara,

If you miss a call they are made available the following day to listen to on your schedule as many times that you would like to hear them!

17. Are the recorded conference calls available only to those who sign up for the conference calls?

• Melissa S { OBS Group Leader } says:

Hi Cheryl,

Yes, the recorded calls are made available to those that have purchased them so you can listen to them later if you miss it or you can listen to it again and again if you like.

Melissa S

18. Will be so awesome to actually hear the voices of some very influential women in my life! Can’t wait for the conference calls!

19. Mandi Stephenson says:

This is my first bible study, and my first online bible study. I’m wondering if the conference calls would be extra helpful to a first-timer or if they would be overwhelming. I like the idea that i can listen to them at my convenience because I would have a difficult time being on the calls live. I will check into it further.

Thanks,
    Mandi Stephenson

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

Hi!! They are not overwhelming. Good talks, laughs, and prayers. They are very enjoyable and whether a first timer or a seasoned OBS member, each can take away something from them. Hope that helps!

20. Thanks for showing a link for the conference calls…I have been really curious how they work. Do the topics in these calls drift a lot from the study that is going on or does it follow the pattern for this time “Letting Go” ?

• Melissa S { OBS Group Leader } says:

Sherri,

No drifting. So much thought and prayer goes into the planning of the speakers, topics, etc. They are very enjoyable and relevant to what we are studying!

God bless you!

21. amy black says:

i know this study is going to be wonderful.. wish i could do the conference calls, but money is an issue… a big thank you to lisa krump for blessing me with the book Let. It. Go…i am super exited to begn this journey with some amazing women of God…i have told everyone i know about the study and hope to see some join us… thank you melissa for all your hard work.. and for sharing Gods gifts with us all.

22. amy black says:

and i also love candace cameron bure… just had to add that.. maybe you could tell her for me… lol

23. I am new at this and have never done a conference call but I would love to. Are the conference calls only available during the actual call? If they are archived how long after the call do you have to listen to it? Thank you very much! I am so excited about this new study.

• Dottie (OBS small group leader) says:

Lisa,
      The calls are recorded so you do not have to be on the actual call. I usually can’t be on the live call so I just listen to it the next day :)

24. About how long do the conference calls normally last? How long do the calls stay available for us to download following the ‘live’ call if we are unable to join in at that time? Thanks so much for your help. So excited about the Let It Go study!

25. Kimberly Watts says:

About the conferences calls…will I miss anything for the OBS if I cannot do the conference calls?

• Kimberly, I listened to the Unglued conference calls, but not the ones from Greater. To me, the calls enhanced the study and gave me the opportunity to consider things I hadn’t before. You won’t be out of the loop if you don’t listen to them, though.

26. The conference calls are awesome!

27. i enjoyed the conference calls during the unglued bible study. i learned how to make a prayer notebook, and met great women of God..

28. Melissa Dameron says:

When do the conference calls happen and how much do they cost?

29. Christine says:

I just ordered the Conference Calls. I’m looking forward to starting this bible study. I so need to Let. It. Go.!!!!!!

30. How long are the calls?

• Dottie (OBS small group leader) says:

They typically last about an hour. I have loved the calls for the studies I have done so far :)

31. Thanks for the link for the conference call. My sister recommended the bible study to me. It sounds like the medicine I need right now. I would like to purchase the conference calls for her as a thank you gift. Can I purchase the conference calls for myself and for her as a gift?

• Melissa S { OBS Group Leader } says:

Absolutely! How exciting to be able to do this with your sister! What a great thank you gift! !! :)

• Crystal,

Call the Proverbs 31 Office, 704-849-2270. Ask for Melissa. I will get you and your sister signed up! You just need MC, Visa, or Discover! I hope I get to talk to you!

32. Robin Still says:

I am so looking forward to this bible study…I am ready for some one on one time with the Lord. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. I will not be able to listen live as I have a committment on Monday’s right now. Looking forward to hearing them after. May you each have a blessed day!

Smiles & Blessings,
    Robin :)

33. Can the calls be accessed at a later time if you did not participate in the original and if so how much to listen to the recordings? thanks!!

34. The conference calls are awesome – it’s great to be able to hear the voice and the heart of the authors, speakers, leaders in this study;
    It’s just another way to learn what God seeks for us to “understand” by using these ladies/(guys) to help us overcome the issues of the day!
    I don’t know about you, but I want to overcome obstacles in my life. Got some that hang heavy off my shoulders, and having reinforcement, or maybe a prayer or Word spoken into my life via call, well, I will take it! Because I want to be more than a conqueror!!!!

35. I am so excited for this bible study. I am currently studying Luke with The Good Morning Girls and expect to love this one just as much.
    Question about the calls. Are they required? If I’m not able to afford the calls at this time will I really be missing out on part of this experience?
    Thank you so much for your time in answering!

• Conference calls aren’t required… they are just supplemental to the study. This makes my fifth or sixth study with OBS and I’ve not always utilized the calls, for financial reasons. If you can afford them, they are wonderful, though!
      I’m doing Luke through a GMG group, too. It’s great to fellowship with other Christian ladies!
      Looking forward to all God is going to do through all of us!

• LOL..at least I am not the only one with finacial issues, we must have been typing at the same time, my post is just after yours! I have finacial issues also.

Just a confirmation from God that we are not alone in our troubles, even thought it can feel that way sometimes. I often do FEEL this way…but the I KNOW I am never alone with Christ. He never lets me down, and always let’s me know he is there! Prais Jesus, I love him!

36. I would love to participate in the conference call, and am very excited about the Bible Study! I suffer from several Chronic Medical conditions, I am not able to join local women’s groups or travel to events. I was so excited to find your sight and Proverbs 31 Ministries, I reley on online sources for my Bible Studies, TV and Podcasts along with Books DVD Series, but I live confernece call would be a new source for me. My question is this, due to my medical conditons I cannot work so I recieve SSDI and have a limited income. I just can’t afford the extra money for the call. Very Happy to find that the Let It Go DVD portions are going to be free to the Study Participants! I’ve been contimplating ordering it for a few months, God truly led me to this Study and Karen’s Book. My question is does Proverbs 31 Ministries offer any finacial assistance to those who may need it? I also didn’t check if there was a contest for to win a chance to participate in the Conference call…I may have missed that if someone asked or it was posted somewhere. Just thought I would ask, where would we be in life if we didn’t ask questions…LOL

37. I was unable to hear the free trial call with Matthew Barnett. Can you offer any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

38. Melanie Vance says:

Do you have to attend each conference call or will they also be recorded to listen to at a later date? I work retail so my schedule varies and I can’t always be sure I would be available to listen live.

I’m so excited as this will be my first conference call series and only my second OBS. Thanks for making it so easy to work around my schedule.

39. Sandi Fisk says:

I love the call with Pastor Matt! “Allow people to belong…then they’ll believe”. This is profound! We tend to overlook this and that’s what unconditional love is all about! What a blessing to be reminded that that is the way to draw people to Christ. As a Christian we need to remember that we “belong” to Christ and to “believe” that He is there for us no matter what! It’s so easy to forget that sometimes in the circumstances of life.

40. Amber Alloway says:

I am super excited about this Let it Go Bible Study online with all you ladys!!!!! From December 2009 till December 2011 I was incarcerated on behalf of my Drug addiction, after I was released I put myself threw inpatient rehab, and I am still currently doing out patient treatment in Kansas. I Thank the LORD everyday from delivering me from my drug addiction, I currently go to church every Sunday morning, and I also attend the All Ladys Bible Study every Tues. night at 7pm at the First Baptist Church in McLouth Kansas! I have never attended a online Bible Study, but I am so looking forward to your study! I just got done listening to your confrence call preview and I LOVE IT, This is something I need in my life and I thank you for reaching out to people like me! When I recieve my taxes I will be purchasing your confrence calls, they are wonderful!!!! I am a single mother of 2 daughters and I am just living my life for Jesus now and showing them how to do so as well!!!! I am really hoping to recieve a free Bundle Package from you because I can not afford it at the moment!! But I so look forward to doing the online bible Study with you, I feel that you can help lead me even further to God, and teach me some more things that will help me to become a even Greater Recovering Drug Addict!! Thanks so much for your time!! God Bless you and this Bible Study!!!!!!

• Amber Alloway says:

Also, just to let you know with God on my side I have been Clean and Sober for 37 mmonths now!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

• Girl this is HUGE!!!! Congratulations!!! God is so awesome and girl you are an amazing testament and display of His splendor!

• Amber Alloway says:

Yes I know this is HUGE, and I am telling you I really wouldn’t be were I am today without God on my side!!! And I do believe that God is awesome as well!! He set me free from my chains, and as long as I live the way he wants me to then in the near future I will be were I want to be!!!! He is my everything!!!!! Thank you so much for your support!!!!!

41. I am really looking forward to this bible study. It sounds like it will be awesome and just what I need. I am glad to know that I am not alone in this struggle. I have never done an online bible study like this before, but I love the idea of a conference call plus the option to listen to it at your own convenience. Can’t wait to start :)

42. Jill Daley says:

The conference calls are a great tool. Just like the online bible study, they can be accessed at one’s leisure. You don’t have to listen to them live if you don’t want to and they can be downloaded for listening at a later time.

43. I’ve participated in conference calls for work, but not the ones related here. I could see me try this after I get through my first OBS, but I’m a big podcast listener. May I ask why this is done in the conference call format and not podcast? Can you ask questions during the call?

44. So, how helpful are the Conference Calls if you know you cannot participate live any of the dates? This is my first study “this way” with all the techie stuff. Still trying to figure it all out. Wondering if I should try one without calls to see how it all goes before I add this expense. I welcome thoughts or tips.

• Hi Penny! Really there is no need to be on the calls live verus the recording because the recording information is sent out and you can listen whenever you would like! One benefit of being on live is that sometimes there will be a Facebook party going simultainiously with the call where you can comment on the content, submit questions, etc. It gives a little more opportunity for interaction. However, in my opinion the calls or for sure worth the expense. Getting to hear personally from the author an others personal experiences has been so valuable for me. Hope that helps!

45. Jen McLaughlin says:

Hi,

This is my 1st online Bible Study and I haven’t participated in any calls, either…is there a time for questions and answers or a chance to email your questions to be answered? Also, how long are most calls?

Thanks!!!

46. Lucy Elliott says:

I have never participated in an Online Bible Studies Conference Call nor an Online Bible Study. I am so excited to be joining the Let It Go Bible Study and to participate in my first Online Bible Studies Conference Call. Thank you Proverbs 31 for making a difference in my life. I am looking forward to being a part of this.

47. I have not signed up for the conference calls but would be interested at some point. Maybe the next Bible study. This is my first study with OBS so I want to see how it is first. Thanks for so many opportunities!

48. Barb Truman says:

Love the conference calls. So personal and uplifting. Well worth the price, which is low :)

49. Jennifer Simpson says:

I am new to the online Bible studies and am very excited to get started! The calls sound like a great way to supplement/complement the actual Bible study. Can’t wait to listen in….

50. Nikki Briggs says:

There are quite a few comments, and not sure if I’ve missed it, but how much are the conference calls, how often, and when (time-wise)? Thanks! :)