Feb 24

Let.It.Go. Week 4

We are half way through our current OBS…how can that be?  As we move through Let. It. Go. it is my hope and prayer that with the principles that Karen Ehman is teaching us, we would commit to pray. Pray how God wants to use them in our lives.

Over the past 3 weeks, I’ve noticed many of you are realizing you need to make changes in your lives. Change is never easy. It requires intention, effort, and commitment. For me, when I’m doing a Bible study, God will reveal to me how He wants me to respond. The next move is up to me. Will I be obedient?  Or will I just skim over the changes I know I need to make and hope I’ll start doing better?  Honestly, I’ve done both.

Let it Go pin, chapter 6

(Pin created by Veronica Herzing, can be found on our Online Bible Studies Pinterest Board.)

I have decided, I’m not settling during this study. I’m not going to skim over the changes that God is pointing out that I need to make. I want greater for my life. I want God’s best for my life. I can’t get God’s best alone. But I believe God can do His best work through me when I listen to Him and follow through.

Are you with me on this?  Are you willing to do what it takes to Let. It. Go. and walk in faith?

Moms and married ladies, domestic divas, you had your fun in the past few chapters. The chapters throughout the rest of the book are for ALL of us! Let’s jump on board and decide to finish the last half of this study strong!

This week’s chapters have especially spoken to me and got my attention. These are the chapters where I heard God say, “Melissa…I’m talking to you.” To which I replied, “Lord, I’m listening.”

Let. It. Go. Week 4

Reflection Verses

“But I trust in you, LORD; I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hands.”  Psalm 31:14-15a  NIV

“Always be joyful.  Never stop praying.  Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”~ 1 Thessalonians 5:26-18 NLT

Bible Study Assignments

Sunday~ Prepare your hearts for Week 4 of our study! Get those Bibles ready, because we will be spending a lot of time in them this week! Decide where and when you will read, study, and reflect.

Monday~ Haven’t the video teachings by Karen Ehman been such a blessing during this OBS? Wow, I just love listening to her teach! When I read the book, I hear her voice talking to me~ Do you do that too?  Video #4 today and read Chapter 7, When Your Schedule Screams.  Check the OBS blog today for discussion and Bible time.

Monday Evening~ Optional Conference Call #2. Our guest is the lovely farm wife and Proverbs 31 Ministries Speaker Team Member, Sharon Glasgow. Sharon’s blog is one of my very favorites…ever!  Sharon has a story to share about times when her circumstances have been far from being in her control. She’ll let us know how she and her family relied on God in loss, in uncertainty, and even through all of them living in the shed for a year. (Yes, the shed.) Amazing woman of God! You can order the conference calls here. Orders include our first call (via recording or download) plus our next 3 calls (and their recorded versions as well). All calls are recorded and you DO NOT have to be on the live call.

Tuesday~ Get out your Bibles and let’s have some fun! Visit the OBS blog today for reflection and Bible time.

Wednesday~ Read Chapter 8, Due to Circumstances beyond Our Control.  Have your Bibles ready, we are going to dig into some Truth today. Visit the OBS blog for details.

Thursday~ Blog Hop! Don’t you just love reading these blogs from your OBS sisters? I know it’s practically impossible to read them all (unless you have lots of time on your hands~if you do, you are lucky!), but pick just a few. You will be blessed! Thank you to all of you who are participating in the hop this week. You are sharing God and your faith and life. Thank you SO MUCH!

Topics this week:

1. Well, that was easy. Check out this week’s reflection verse from I Thessalonians 5:26-18 NLT: “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” We invite you to share how this verse helps motivate you to truly be thankful, no matter what, trust God and Let.It.Go!

2. iScream. Chapter Seven. On pages 139-143 in the Putting the Brakes on Busy section, Karen provides several tools to help us trim the fat off our schedules. Which tools will you use on your schedule? What are you able to let go so that you can regain some “schedule sanity”?

3. Serenity. Chapter Eight. Sometimes no matter what we do to try and control a situation…we simply can’t. How has this chapter helped you to discover the difference between what you can and can’t change? OR Can you look back at a time in your life when things were out of your control but you can see how God worked through it all?

Friday~ We are going to finish this week strong. Today is all about you and God. Visit the OBS Blog for your assignment.

Saturday~ Prayer Requests & Praises. Bring them to the OBS blog today.

****The OBS Blog is at http://melissataylor.org/.

Praying for each of you as you open your hearts to God and what He wants to do in your life!

Comments

1. Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

I am NOT settling either, Melissa!!

Three things the LORD is instructing me through this study:
    1. Stop grumbling. That means when I have to do something that I really don’t want to do or when I’m tired, I need to stop complaining.
    2. Be a better steward with all the LORD has given me. I’m not just talking about $$ here: my home, my job, my talents, my time, etc.
    3. Be joyful. That means even when I’m cleaning the bathroom, I need to be thankful that I have a bathroom to clean and that I have the ability to clean it. When I’m thankful, I’m able to find joy even in menial tasks.

2. In the notes for this week: “Monday~ Haven’t the video teachings by Karen Ehman been such a blessing during this OBS?”
    Maybe my daughter and I are not looking hard enough – but neither of us have seen any videos for this OBS -except for the first week. We enjoyed it so much – Karen was terrific! But, we have been so disappointed that we have not been able to find a video each week.
    We arent into blogs or conference calls. Were we wrong to assume that there would be an actual video of the Bible study each week? Thanks so much!

• Deb, usually you have to come right to Melissa’s blog to see the video. I will read the messages in my e-mail, but when she references a video, I will come right to the blog. They don’t show up on the e-mails. I hope this helps!

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

You can go back and watch the ones you missed if you like! They are archived on the blog. Blessings!

• Thanks a bunch, Jennifer! I am going to search for the archived videos! I just love this book & the studies!

3. Christa (OBS Small Group Leader) says:

Deb, here are the links to the blog posts that have the other videos in them:

Week 2

Week 3

Hope that helps!

4. Lauren B (OBS Group Leader) says:

“But I trust in you, LORD; I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hands.” Psalm 31:14-15a NIV

I needed this Bible Verse and I still need it! It is so amazing how I am in the middle of a very difficult time and work and then we start “Let,IT.Go” study, which I honestly feel God talking with me through this one. Every Chapter I have been able to somehow relate it to my work situation and I am throwing my hands up today and saying okay God ““But I trust in you, LORD; I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hands.” Psalm 31:14-15 His will for my life will lead my way!

I hope everyone is enjoying this study as much as I am and are truly Blessed by the OBS! It is a honor for me to be a part of such a amazing group of Ladies and a amazing journey that God has lead us all on!

Love and Blessings to all <3

5. I love reading everyone’s comments. The only thing I can add is: I seem to do better if I check the blog first thing, (or as near to first thing as possible) each day. It really helps set a good tone for the day, and my daughter gets a kick out of hearing me mumble “it’s Satan, that’s who it is…” if I accidently forget to Let.It.Go. ; )

6. mary armstrong says:

Looking forward to another week of Bible study…enjoying this first online study so much and am “bringing a friend with me” to one of your future ones :) Thx for all you all do!

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

So glad to hear you are enjoying your first OBS! I am thankful for everyone here and it is such a joy to participate. I always look forward to our assignment Sunday’s!!

7. Tabitha Jones says:

I look forward to looking at the blog every morning. I may not post a reply until the evening time but I look at it on and off all day. I let it soak in throughout the day. I love this study.

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

So glad to hear you are enjoying the study! I am so thankful that I found this OBS too!! (hugs)

8. Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

I always look forward to Sunday and seeing what our assignments will be for the week. I cannot wait for the week to begin and see what all we will learn. I also enjoy the blogs on Thursdays. ❤

9. I am so enjoying this study. I am either fooling myself with my score of 34 because I have found that I am doing better than I thought at this Let It Go business or I am being more hard on myself that He would want. I am looking forward to the balance of the study. I know that the Lord led me to this and has something significant for me. It may just be that I am too hard on myself. That would be a blessing in itself. Ladies, this is so good. God wants us to not only be better servants, but to know that we have been successful at being what He has call us to be. Be blessed as we move forward. I know that I am!

10. Judy Huffman says:

After reading all of the prayer requests from the weekend, I felt led after hearing this song…When I Cry…to share it with you. I hope it will touch your heart as much as it touched my heart.

Hope the link works for you. If not, just go to YouTube and type in When I Cry. It was posted by SittingatJesusFeet.

• Judy,
      Thanks for the song – had never heard this one and am putting it on my list for possible solo to sing at church.

11. Lynn Fincher says:

This is definitely an exciting chapter and lesson in week 4. I love the video by Karen it sets the tone for the lesson and makes you stop and think.. The main object is to trust in God and for me to place myself in His hands giving Him sole control. I thank God for this study. It really has made me think of where God has me and I need to pay attention..

Blessings, lynn