Feb 26

What’s Inside Will Spill Out

Hi OBS Group! Thanks for showing up today~ You will be so thankful you did!

In Chapter 7 of Let. It. Go. we learned that what’s inside of us will spill out. So therefore if we’ve been filled with junk, junk will spill out. Junk like harsh words, negativity, impatience, frustration, depression, anxiety, anger…you get the picture. By the same token, if we are filled with good stuff, then good stuff will spill forth. Stuff like kindness, patience, understanding, compassion, forgiveness, love, gentleness, sweetness, and all other excellent things. This is why it’s so important to spend time with God, in His Word every day. Of course this won’t make us perfect, and even on those days (especially on those days) we spend time with the Lord, we may still lose it or get down, but we will have been equipped to handle our situations and schedules much better.

Check out these 2 video clips (which were really supposed to be 1 video clip, but technical difficulties arose…)

If you can’t see this video, you can click here to view it directly on You Tube.

Again, click here if you can’t see part 2 of the video above.

Sorry the message stopped so abruptly. My phone shut down and is not allowing me to tape any more. Ugh.

Will I despair? No way. I’m in God’s Word and I’m sharing it with my OBS sisters!  Not going to let a technical glitch, stop me today.

Where were we?  Oh yea, spending time in God’s Word.

As we look at one of this week’s reflection verses, Psalm 31:15-15a (turn there in your Bibles now), we soak up the fact that we have a God that we can trust. He is ours. He is mine. He is yours. Then David writes, “My times are in your hands.”  In other words “all of life’s circumstances are under God’s control.”  (Life Application Study Bible)

Right now I feel like my schedule is packed. Often it changes at a moment’s notice throwing off my entire day! (Example:  I came down the stairs the other morning, heading for the coffee maker and then to quiet time. There was a foul smell in the room. I turned on the light and there was doggie diarrhea all over the carpet. My quiet time had to wait and I had to gag my way through cleaning it up before the rest of the family awakened.)

That could have ruined my day. I could have complained my way through the rest of the day because my schedule had been thrown off. Instead, I chose to listen to worship music. I might have missed my scheduled quiet time, but I had some flexibility in what I listened to. I could keep my woe is me pathetic attitude or I could trade that in for praising God and remembering that I don’t have to fret, complain, or worry, my times are in His hands. His very very capable hands.

If I wasn’t spending time in God’s Word, I don’t know if I would have chosen that route of praise and worship. That’s not what I felt like doing at the time, but it sure did feel good later!

Since we are in Psalm 31 this week, I want to explore what’s around Psalm 31. I did this in my quiet time and it was such a blessing.

Today’s Assignment

1. Open your Bibles to Psalm 31:14.  Read Psalm 31:14-24.  Underline what speaks to you personally. Journal about it as if you are speaking to God Himself.

I found this passage so encouraging. God is on my side!!! He’s there to fight my enemies and I can be strong and take heart because my hope is in Him. (v. 24)

2. Oh let’s keep reading. Look what’s next, Psalm 32.  Any of you struggle with forgiveness? Do you wonder if God could really forgive you?  I know I’ve had that question before and the Bible gave me the wonderful freeing answers I needed and desired. Yes! We are forgiven!

Read Psalm 32:1-11. Mark the verses that you are thankful for the most. The ones that are jumping in your heart right now. Take a few moments to pray or journal.

Wow! I acknowledge my sins, I confessed, and I’m FORGIVEN!!! No more record of that sin. The Lord loves me unfailingly! (v. 10b)

3. Read Psalm 33:4 and Psalm 33:20-22.

Think, pray, and journal on that!!!

Once you have completed #1,2, and 3, answer this in the comment section of this OBS blog.

Are you filled with hope today?  Are YOU filled with hope today?  Are you FILLED with hope today? Are you filled with HOPE today?  Are you filled with hope TODAY?

I’m on fire ladies and I hope you are too!  God’s Word has power.

If you or anyone you know does not have a Bible, please let us know. Email Angie, our lovely executive assistant at Angie@Proverbs31.org. Depending on the demand, I can’t promise one to everyone, but I can try my best. Please be honest. We want to give Bibles to those who really don’t have one.  We want God’s Word to be available to EVERYONE!!!!

Be blessed! Love y’all!

Comments

1. Mary G. (OBS Group Leader) says:

I posted this link for our group today, but didn’t take time to read it until now and I’m glad. Feeling defeated after another day in class full of negativity. It’s hard to be proud of yourself when you are continually told (meaning the classroom as a whole) that you are not measuring up. So far, in this study I have not been opening up my Bible and digging in the word like I should. Partly due to classwork and time…however if I am honest, I need to fill up my tank BEFORE I go to class so I can stand on God’s truth of WHO I am and WHAT I am capable of during one of these “lectures”. I will fill myself with HOPE today and especially the days I know it will be more difficult to drown out the negative words someone else is throwing my way!!

Thank you Melissa! I journaled and talked straight to God about this situation when it would be easier for me to complain and just not know WHAT in the world to do or how to handle it. (like I have already been doing) Not only it hard for me to bite my tongue when I feel mistreated, but it is twice as hard for me to stand by while it is being done to someone else while they sit quietly and take it. So, I will remember the above….

2. Chapter 7 really hit me between the eyes. I have let go of the Super Woman Syndrome, and I am learning to look to the Lord before committing to new ventures and trusting Him to take care of those things of which I have ‘let go’.

3. Thank you for reminding me that I need to stay in Gods word. Sometimes I forget that and then find myself trying to figur things out on my own. I really love the verse in psalm 31:14-15 “Lord I trust you. You are my God…my life is in your hands.” My family has been going through a really hard situation that has just kind of shaken everyone …and it has been an ongoing thing for almost two years now. I am thankful for today’s verses that encourage me to let go and trust God with the situation. I am also comforted with Psalm 32:10- The Lords love surrounds those who trust Him.” I love that! Love and prayers to everyone…

4. Wow, does God speak to me! God has been pointing me back to the Psalms over and over again. From a friend highly recommending a book about praying the psalms, to it coming up many times in church, Bible study and now here. I love that David is an easy person to follow in prayer. He had insecurities, failures, trials, triumphs, praises and love. This section reminded me that God is accessible, if we take the time to listen.

Time is short, but when I put God first, he seeps into everything else. Thank you for sharing this today!

5. Christina Robinson says:

I have so loved this study. I know I was rushing through my time with the Lord and using busyness as an excuse. Thank you for sharing from your heart about your struggles as well. I love the Psalms and often am so refreshed when I spend time reading God’s promises.

6. I adore the Sweet Tea analogy! I’ve shared it already today….it is so spot on. Sometimes I can get really good as polishing my outer persona, but when push comes to shove and the bitterness spills, it is evident that my label doesn’t match my contents.

7. “Surely in a flood of great waters, they shall not come near him. You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble, You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah” (pause and think about that!) Ps 32:6

I see the visual picture above of life’s circumstances or even just the threat of them trying to knock us down, BUT GOD says they can’t harm us. He is our hiding place. He preserves us and delivers us. WOW! I love this and needed this!

8. Tabitha Jones says:

It is so good to be filled with the holy word. I read the post this morning and couldn’t believe how i felt so much better realizing I am not alone when it comes to having a packed schedule. I was so glad when my son texted me today and told me games had been cancelled. I love my boys but it has felt good to get to sit down and enjoy the evening. Psalms has been a book that O have been studying for a few months but I just dug a little deeper tonight and it is such a blessing to me to know my hope is in the lord.

9. Yes, Melissa, “I am FILLED with HOPE TODAY”.

10. Well Hello!!! This has been a hard time for my family. Can I please have a do-over for February? These verses really hit home, and verified what I have been feeling. I’ve heard people talk of how they felt God’s presence, and while I felt Him and knew he was there, I didn’t FEEL His presence until February. Bad month…Let me share. My husband was hospitalized for 17 days. He was diagnosed with diverticulitis and developed not one, but two absesses in his colon. It was quite an ordeal, which he is still not over. However, he is home and recovering there. Unfortunately, he is going to need some surgery later. He came home on a Sunday, on the following Thursday, his boss called him and asked him to come by his office to meet with him. Oh yeah, you guessed it, this can’t be good. His job was eliminated! Wow, after 9 years, and while he is off recovering from an illness. Finally, in December, my father-in-law was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in his throat. On February 19, he passed away. The wonder of this is, God is there. My husband’s boss is paying him his normal salary until the end of May. Wow, just enough time for a surgery and recovery and then a job search…tell me God’s hand is not in that! We have always wanted to move to the mountains, and kind of felt that was a plan for our retirement years, maybe that is the plan now…we are praying that out. And my father-in-law, it is hard losing a loved one, but we have both felt the comfort of God’s hand as we go through the grieving process. I have not panicked, I have not feared…I have cried, but I have felt a peace and strength I have never known before. I have also had a lot of prayers being said for me. And I am grateful!

11. Jeanie Kelley says:

Yes I am filled with the hope today. Since I have not felt better since Sunday I was having a down moment. Thinking I would drop one study that I have enjoyed and no it was not this one. It was the Believing God series by Beth Moore. I had several people praying for me on the decision I had to make. I had a co-leader email me and tell me she did not want me to give up. Continue strong with this study. I am going to finish strong in both studies. I am not going to give up on what I am learning. Thank the Lord.

12. Before I rest tonight, I “rest” in the “unfailing love” of the Father as I put my hope in Him. No matter the circumstances, situations, or the foreboding unknowns around me, His unfailing, unconditional love gives me hope. Sweet dreams!

13. Melissa you are so right! I have never read the entire Bible before so for Lent I took the challenge to read the entire Bible in 40 days. I am seeing things and learning things I never knew. I am so glad I decided to do this. This challenge and OBS could not have been at a better time! The Lord is truly opening my eyes to experience things that I never would have imagined. I am becoming a different person!

14. This post was EXACTLY what I needed!! On the way home I quietly prayed for help to FEEL God’s presence in my life. As I finished my prayer the song Who You Are by Unspoken came on and it reassured me that no matter how far I fall God is always there for me. His love is unfailing. The blog post just helped me to dive into my bible and read the same TRUTH. I am looking forward to reading chapter 7 and hearing what else God has in store for me. Melissa’s video also has given me the motivation to find a more appropriate place to dedicate to my quiet time.
    Thank you for having just what I needed today. . . God is using you in my life for sure!

15. I needed this reminder today to not just read the book but to be in the Word searching. Since starting this study Satan has been trying his hardest to get me to give in to his tricks but each time instantly a voice in the back of my mind says Let it go. I am realizing that I can not be effective at my job unless I am truly letting go and letting God use me as His vessel to reach my students and their parents. It is not easy but believe me I am in for the long haul.

16. Thank you for encouraging us to find our “place” to study and pray…I have been just sitting here/or there…so I am going to find a place just for me and God to meet together….My Hope is in the Lord~for HIS word is right & true~I will
    Trust in HIS holy name and HIS unfailing LOVE~ my heart rejoices~my sins are forgiven!!!

17. Well, the chapters listed in Melissa’s blog here, I already had highlighted, underlined, marked, post it noted, circled, and noted more! I L.O.V.E. when God does that ! Wahoooo!!! Reaffirming His amazing love for me through his word! ♥

I had a blog in my mind this morning after devotions, all ready to go – but what happened? Yet another distraction; and what the ENEMY meant for harm, GOD IS going to turn into good; (as a group, we have had way too many attacks, distractions and issue come up – like I have never seen before!).

At about 10:30 this morning, I got a call from the hospital saying my step dad had a heart attack, his wife left, but they weren’t sure where (thought maybe to the cafeteria), and told me to come in asap;
    I was concerned; I thought he might have passed; (He didn’t, praise GOD). I waited about 45 min for her to get home, I thought maybe she needed to get some items for him to take to the hospital; finally I just left a note, and went up to the hospital;
    She had gone up to therapy, since she had knee surgery a few weeks ago; but the weather was bad; I was concerned she drove or walked in the slick snow and — oh my mind went places; but I stayed in HIM.
    It all worked out fine; she showed up a few hours later – by that time, I just was tired and wanted to curl up with a hot cup of cocoa under covers and just watch tv or read; but I had to try to focus on something with work, blog, study.. SOMETHING – which never really happened; But God;

Let me get back to Psalms 31- 33!~ focus.. focus.. focus!!!

God IS my refuge; he leads me and guides me every step of every day; (really glad I read my bible before I got the call today – boy did that help me a lot);

Chapter 31 has been my life the past few years; it has been a rough go of it. So much in my life has fallen away – I have been alone. Lost so much (job, home, meaning and purpose, felt so forsaken by God, it is one of those seasons, that I am going through, I seek him, but he is so very quiet; I cry why? What? When? Lord… do you even hear me? Why are people being so mean and hurtful while I am struggling just to go through each day trying to get back up on my feet … I want to live fully, there is so much I want and need to do, but life keeps throwing curve balls – make it s.t.o.p!!!)

Vs. 14 (of Ps.31), I (still) trust you God. No matter what happens. Your power rules over everything in my life, and over my adversaries. I need not worry; (but why is it so hard to NOT worry; I have spent many days, weeks months over the past few years doing just that; the enemy of my soul has tried to bring defeat into my life; but I am so much stronger than that, not in my might, but HIS); It is up to HIM to avenge my foes, persecutors, nay-sayers. But it is my responsibility to forgive, pray for them, and not hold a grudge.
    (and certainly times spent blaming “me”, and the woodah, shouldah, couldah things I should have done differently. – like Melissa said – God forgives me – as I come to remembrance of things wronged, if He forgives me as I confess, I should forgive myself – tough one, but that in itself is a revelation!)
    Vs 23 says, Love the Lord, .. He protects the loyal, but fully repays the arrogant. Be strong and courageous (I LOVE that!!!) – put your hope in Him.
    oh, I can say right now, I am SOOOO in love with Jesus – my cup RUNNETH OVER!
    Yes, Lord – you offer me a HOPE like none other;

18. Lauren Hockenberry says:

I am filled with hope now!! I have been away from this study for a few weeks, (struggling personally with stuff), and in the process have felt like I’ve given up on God, and faith. We moved here to OK in June last year, and here it is February and I haven’t felt “at home” yet. Between not really having friends, a husband who isn’t walking the same walk, kids either, and no drive to find a church and stick with it, I just have been feeling hopeless. Until I watched this video. Here I am, wallowing in self pity, when there are by far worse scenarios out there. Mine is miniscule. I have a God who has brought me through some horrible times, who loves me and wants to see me live the life He has given me, what is my problem? I feel like I’ve got a whole new mind frame and as long as God’s on my side, I will be fine. Thanks for that reminder!

19. Linda Leighton (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Melissa–

It’s late in the day and I was now able to take time to read your blog, watch the videos and to read the verses in the Bible you suggested. I wanted to let you know my heart is filled with hope today!!! I’m so thankful for God’s word and for how he speaks to us through it. I’m so thankful for His unfailing love and His protection! I’m thankful that we can rest in His presence! I was convicted today because I am not always intentional about when I spend time in the word and in prayer but I am going to make that a priority before anything else in my life because that is what matters most! Like you said, you may still have hard days but if you are prayed up and filled with His word, you will not spew out anything other than praise for your King!

20. Ten days ago something happened that caught my husband and I’s attention…a red flag so to speak, waving in our face an alert. At this point I don’t feel I should expose any details in such a public way as this so I’ll just say that we are faced with what seems like a lose, lose situation of whether or not to make our suspicions known or keep them silent. I’ve been so torn apart inside about it because it has the potential to destroy lives and if not lives, then definately relationships in my family…When reading the assigned verses today, I felt like they were written just for my exact dilema right now. The verses that stood out to me and I underlined, when read as a prayer together, make up how I feel and then also feel like answers for direction from God in all of this…you asked if we are filled with hope today and my answer is that His word right now is the only hope I feel filled with. With out it, I’m lost and fearful of what may lay ahead for us in this. It’s exactly like what Psalm 33: 20-22 reads: “We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.” Thanks for these verses today!

21. Danielle McIntosh says:

God is great and so is this study! It is amazing how god teaches us what is needed! I am realizing how much more I need to trust him and know he forgives, protects and loves me!! God has his plan and I need to be patient and willing to slow down and listen in the quiet moments and every moment! I am thankful God is my help and my shield (psalm vs. 20) I have a few christian books I’m reading and studies that I’m just letting The Lord lead me because I tend to overwhelm myself! I’ll admit I just finished chapter 5 but that helped me in my parenting or at least realize what isn’t working… I’m loving this book and I share things with others as that’s what I’m working on (sharing the word)! Thanks

22. OMGOODNESS!!!!!!! i am at a loss for words..(that dont happen often for me..lol) what wonderful time in our Gods word.. and wouldnt you know, ive been all those places before, and still, in Gods infinite love for me, He waited til today to show me such wonderful things are in His heart for me… the scripture that spoke tome most today was Psalm 32:7&8… HE IS A HIDING PLACE FOR ME.. HE PRESERVES ME FROM TROUBLE, HE SURROUNDS ME (I LITERALLY HAVE GOOSIES) WITH SINGING AND SHOUTS OF DELIVERANCE …. HE WILL INSTRUCT ME IN THE WAY I SHOULD GO AND WILL COUNSEL ME (NOW , GET THIS) WITH HIS EYES UPON ME…. O MY … LOVE THIS STUDY, LOVE OUR LEADERS, THE AUTHOR, THE CALLS, ….. LOVE GODS WORD… I AM FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN… WITH THE LOVER AND ANCHOR OF MY SOUL…. THANK YOU JESUS, FOR LOVING ME.. FORGIVING ME AND FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS… YOU JUST KEEP MOVING ME FROOOM GLORY TO GLORY TO GLORY,,, GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH SHARON GLASGOW,,, YOU ARE AWESOME… LOVE YOU ALL…. MUA!!!!!

23. Sue Cadieux says:

I decided to finally spend time this morning opening my bible and reading the verses that you suggested, something that I do not do enough. So please let me share some verses that spoke to me.

But I am trusting you O Lord, saying “You are my God!” My future is in your hands. (Psalm 31:14-15) Joel Osteen writes: It may seems at times that things are out of control and your life isn’t going anywhere, but that’s not true! Your life and times are in the hands of God; and even when things are not going well, He promises to stay by your side and be your strength. (That is certainly something to be hopeful about!)

“The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” (Psalm 32:8) Knowing that God is our guide or our GPS of life is another hopeful thought to keep us going strong!

Psalm 33:4 says ” For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does!” (This is why I personally need to get into the word more often! How can I know the greatness of our God if I don’t read the word??)

We put our hope in the Lord, he is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice for we trust in His holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone. (Psalm 33: 20-22)

So I don’t know about you ladies….but these verses surely spoke to me to remind me to keep my hope in the Lord and to TRUST him and to LISTEN to him.

Thank you Melissa!!

24. sharlena topolski says:

1. I will store up God’s goodness.
    Psalm 31:19

2. I will let God instruct and teach me.
    Psalm 32:8

3. I can rejoice even in the waiting because I trust in His name.
    Psalm 33:20-22.

25. Paige Ward says:

Yes, I am filled with hope even though I don’t feel it right now because it doesn’t depend on me; it depends on God and who He is and what He promises.

Psalm 33:20-22 I wait in hope for the LORD; He is my HELP and my SHIELD. In Him my heart rejoices, for I trust in His holy name. May Your unfailing love rest upon me, O LORD, even as I PUT MY HOPE IN YOU.

I know this is true because…

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the Lord is RIGHT and TRUE; He is FAITHFUL in ALL He does.

God has to keep His promises!

26. thank you Melissa for encouraging me to get in God’s Word. It is easy for me to read the chapters and not open my Bible like i should. God is so good! I am thankful that my times are in His hands. And that he forgives me and promises to instruct, teach, counsel, and guide me in the way i should go.

27. Thank you for the wonderful reminder to keep in God’s word no matter what the circumstances are around us. I have decided that my closet is a perfect place for my quiet time. I even put a chair in there! While today I have the house to myself, which is a blessing, I’m saving the closet for when the house is full. :) I have read the suggested scriptures and wow has God been speaking to me! He is so good and meets us right where we are. Thank You, Jesus! I am filled with hope because He is hope! Hallelujah!

28. I am filled with Christ, the hope of glory!!!

29. HE is my Shield, my Refuge, my Protector,
    HE is my Faithful Rescuer, my Strong Defender

HE is my Healing Melody, my Hiding Place,
    wiping tears from my face –
    covering my sin with His Overflowing Grace

HE is my Merciful Instructor, whose Faithful Love carries me,
    HE is my GOD, who surrounds me – molding and making me.

Why such striving and misery???
    ……………
    “HE” yields “HopE”!!

30. wow thanks for the video even though it cut off. I was reminded once again how much I need to be in God’s word everyday. I need to let go and let God be in charge. Need a quiet time everyday with the Lord. Thanks for the reminder.

31. Praise God from whom all blessing flow….(hymn)! Thank you Melissa – loved the Bible Study through Psalms 31- 33 — Great time reading in the Word! You think your Bible is marked up/..I write in mine always have done forever, I have comments, dates, and prayers written everywhere…My hope is to one day give this Bible to my children – so they can see how very much I needed and depended on God and His Word to us…I know that they can see this through my life – but to have it after I am gone home to be with Him – I hope it would be a comfort. Thank you again for encouraging us to read His Word to us!

32. I’ve realized through this study that the closer I get to God, the less I like the “old” me. I see myself in every chapter that I’ve read so far & all I can say is Ta DA (Thank You Father), You make ALL things new. I am a work in progress & so thankful that my Abba doesn’t give up!

33. I just love this 48 hour Joyful Praying and Thankful Challenge.
    I just found out that my special needs son has scoloris(sp) on top of all his other issues. Instead of bending to the pain and worried. I thanked God. My son has had brian surgery and I know he was with me than. He has used my son’s special needs to help other children and parents. So Praise God for this journey that I will be taking . Next wed is our appointment with the specialist.

Psalm 33:4 For the Lord is right and true, he is faithful in all he does. (20). He is our help and our shield.

34. I was praying this morning for direction in a job situation. I lost my job this past Sunday I got a text from my supervisor saying she no longer needed me to work. My husband is like what next? I have been all over the place in my mind. This morning while praying and reading scripture, God spoke to my heart plain and simple. Why would I give you another job when I took this one? So my hope is in Him that He will help me trust Him in this no matter what, even when my husband seems worried I have to focus on Him..

Love
    Vanessa

35. I finally finished Tuesday’s assignment this morning and I really liked Psalm 32:6 “Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found” I had a great prayer/journaling time morning for my husband and kids – praying for very specific things. For my husband- guy friendship and a mentor; for my 10yr – self discipline & helpfulness; for my 6yr old self-control with her tongue! I also think I’m going to ask a few girlfriends to join me in praying for our kids!

36. I also want to thank you for explaining “repent” and the journal process. I have never understood that and this has helped me so very much. Love you ladies.

37. Sorry, a little behind this week. Doing Tuesday’s work on Thursday. Ah well.
    Yes, I am filled with hope today. Nothing has changed since yesterday except my attitude, but that seems to be enough at the moment, so I’m going with this feeling!
    Here’s a thought for those of us who might not always get everything done quite exactly on time…
    Think of the situation as that you are “A Little Behind” and what woman doesn’t want a little behind instead of a big one?! Helps me smile instead of fret when I start to feel overwhelmed!

38. Im having a really difficult time keeping my hope in God. I recently moved from West Virginia to Florida with my fiance’ of 3 years. This weekend he decided that he was not happy in our relationship anymore. I knew that it was selfish of me to make him stay in a relationship that he was not happy with. I moved in with my mom who also lives in Florida. I am still unemployed after looking for work for about 2 weeks. I know that does not seem like a long time but after working since I was 16 it is a long time to me. I still talk to my fiance’ on the phone and we are trying to pray together to see what God would have us do in our relationship. I am just trying to keep the faith.

39. Karlene Campbell says:

I am a little behind…been one of those weeks. Yet I wait and hope in the Lord! Loved Psalm 33:20-22. I really felt those verses speaking to me today…a little tug at my heart.

40. Tammy H. says:

Well, confession time… I’m a few days behind! I also LOVE journaling. I’ve never done it before but journaling these verses in Psalms was awesome. I really got more out of it than just reading it. I love Psalms anyway, but learning to journal it gave me joy. Thank you for this idea. I’m hooked

41. We hope. He helps!

42. Nicole DeWeese says:

Yes I am Filled with HOPE for today! God is so Good! I am just so thankful for his Love, Mercy, Grace, and Faithfulness. I don’t know what my future holds, I may not understand everything, but I am hopeful that God will get me through this difficult time. I will strive to look for God’s blessings everyday and Glorify His name, no matter what I am going through, because of the love He has for me, for all of us!

• Melissa Ellis says:

Well said Nicole!
      We have similar circumstances, I know, and it feels so good to know that we have His hope and His love to fill us, regardless of our circumstance!

43. Melissa Ellis says:

I’m a bit behind after a really awful week last week (both cars broke down on the same day and we spent a big chunk of our taxes to fix them– but I’m thankful we had the cash!) so I just completed this a few moments ago. I didn’t journal but I was so encouraged by some of these verses! I’m going through a really rough “worse” patch in my marriage. My husband is angry and depressed and it’s because I have been negative and unkind to him— I’ve let stress and sleeplessness get the better of me over the last year or so and taken it out on him in hurtful ways. I didn’t realize how much or what I was even doing. He shut off his emotions towards me and started investing in a coworker– talking to and connecting with her. it’s over and he’s committed to rebuilding our marriage but he’s not in love with me right now. He said he wants to be, but he isn’t. He’s still filled with anger, all the time. I’m struggling and I feel so thankful for this study right now because I definately need to learn to Let It Go! in so many areas. I can’t make his anger and depression go away (but oh do I wish I could! It hurts seeing him so low and hurting) but I CAN pray for him fervently. I CAN pray for God to change me and the poor attitude I’ve had that I’ve allowed to control my actions. I am already feeling transformed and I’m eager to see what else God is teaching me as he heals my husband and our marriage.

So anyways, the verses that stuck out:
    Pslam 31::24 “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.”
    Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.”

44. Cynthia Temple says:

I feel so alone a lot of the time. My husband works the opposite shift of me,and it’s just work, then me andnthenkids everyday . We lost our home and two cars in bankruptcy, we are still struggling with finances, and my life has become so boring and routine . My job is boring and does not challenge me, and I consistently submit resumes with no response. But, after reading through the comments I realize I am not alone. I have all of you, and not only that, I have God.