Welcome to Monday, I’m so glad we are in this study together!
Haven’t the video teachings by Karen Ehman been such a blessing during this OBS? Wow, I just love listening to her teach! When I read the book, I hear her voice talking to me~ Do you do that too?
In Karen’s video message to us this week, we will learn about Soul Control. Check out this week’s video:
If you can’t see the video, click here to see it on You Tube.
- When we speak God’s truth to ourselves.
- When we realize that life isn’t fair and sometimes the wicked do prosper and the righteous are flailing.
- When we pause to remember our place and God’s place.
- When we idle our brain before we engage our mouth.
- When we stop mid-sentence to realign our thinking with God’s Word.
- When we realize only God has sole control.
- Gives us a fresh dose of perspective amidst the turmoil of life, can transform a control freak woman into a woman after God’s own heart.
- Not only changes us, but can change other people too, if we will learn to back off and to let God work in their life.
This week we will be practicing how we can obtain soul control. Point number one says that soul control is when we speak God’s truth to ourselves. In order to do this, we have to be in God’s Word. Then the other points can happen. But before they can happen, we must begin with #1.
Today, let’s by speak God’s truth to ourselves. And let’s begin with one of this week’s reflection verses:
“But I trust in you, LORD; I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hands.” Psalm 31:14-15a NIV
Get your Bible out. Look this verse up yourself. I just did and guess what? I’ve been here before.
I trusted in this verse while I was caring for my mom during her cancer battle 3 years ago. And here I am trusting in it again.
Do you mark up your Bible? I hope so! Take a moment and underline this verse in your Bible today. Use any pen or highlighter. For me, I use what’s handy…I’m not one of those color coordinated Bible markers. If you are, I’m sooooo jealous! Now, I’m going to mark it up again.
I love marking the date and a few notes in my Bible. As I look up this verse today, I’m reminded of God’s faithfulness in the past and it gives me hope now.
After you watch Session 4 from Karen Ehman and look up Psalm 31:14-15a, complete this:
- Take Psalm 31:14-15a and write it on 3 different notecards. Post these cards in various places around your home, office, or car.
- In your journal, write what this verse means to you.
- Read the verses around this verse. You may discover other awesome treasures. I know I did.
- Read Chapter 7
Share With Us
What is your take away today? Please share in the comment section.
Monday Evening~ Optional Conference Call #2. Our guest is the lovely farm wife and Proverbs 31 Ministries Speaker Team Member, Sharon Glasgow. Sharon’s blog is one of my very favorites…ever! Sharon has a story to share about times when her circumstances have been far from being in her control. She’ll let us know how she and her family relied on God in loss, in uncertainty, and even through all of them living in the shed for a year. (Yes, the shed.) Amazing woman of God! You can order the conference calls here. Orders include our first call (via recording or download) plus our next 3 calls (and their recorded versions as well). All calls are recorded and you DO NOT have to be on the live call.
Have a great day! I look forward to chatting with you in the comment section! Week 4, let’s go!