Mar 10

Week 6, Let. It. Go.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

Since we only have 1 chapter this week, we are going to slow it down.

Today, I’ll give you a few reminders for what’s coming this week, but we will get started tomorrow.

Monday Night~ Conference Call with Candace Cameron Bure!

So excited for this one! I’ve never actually talked to a Hollywood actress before~ and if I ever do again, it will be hard to top Candace! She’s genuine, sweet, real, and has a huge heart for God. Hope you’ll join us for this special call.   All calls are recorded so you can listen at any time.

Thursday Blog Hop~

Topics for our LAST Let.It.Go. Blog Hop…

1. Lean on Him. I will say of the LORD, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! Psalm 91:2 AMP. How does this verse speak into your life right now?

2. Stunning or Lopsided. He is the Potter, we are the clay. Of all the chapters and areas of control in your life, which is the one you believe God is calling you to relinquish? Is there an area you feel you have already grown in? We would love to hear how your life is already making changes, bog or small!

3. With That Read. Now that you have finished Let.It.Go., what is the most unexpected thing you’ve learned? What would you share with the next person who picks up Karen’s book?

Come back tomorrow as we finish strong in our Let. It. Go. Online Bible Study!  Have a great Sunday!

Comments

1. Feeling a little sad we are almost finished. Awesome book and study!!

• CarolAnne says:

I, too, am feeling a bit of a let-down! So I signed up for the next one! ; )
      This OBS has really been helpful for me, I have a ways to go but am moving forward! Thanks to all the commentors and teachers xoxoxo

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

I agree! This was an amazing study and I learned so much. Hope you are joining us for the next one! Blessings to you!

2. Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

I enjoyed and learned so much during this study! Ready to loosen the control! My family thanks you. 😉

3. I’ve loved this book and feel that God definitely led me to this experience. I’ve already shared it with friends and family and encouraged them to check it out.

4. Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

I am also sad this is the last week. God has really been moving and I can feel my control decreasing as He is increasing. Thank you!

5. I have gotten back into my Bible due to this study and although Satan keeps challenging me I recognize it now due to this study.

• Mary G. (OBS Group Leader) says:

I have felt the same way Barbara! So glad you were able to get back to the word! Proverbs 31 Ministries as a whole is helping me do that very thing!!!

6. Mary G. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Wow! I can’t believe it’s ending already! I’ve learned a lot during this study and will keep applying what I’ve learned in the future when it comes to loosening the reigns with my kids, scaling down my sreaming schedule and not beating myself up over the little things. I will make mistakes because I am human and it’s okay! Love this online community!!!

Can’t wait for the next study!!!

7. Thank you! Thank you! This study has been very timely in my life. It has all been about trusting God and letting Him direct me and knowing he can do it better then I ever could.

I’m very much looking forward to the next bible study

• Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

So glad you enjoyed it and are joining us for the next study. May God continue to lead and guide you in His path and plan for your life.

8. Karri (obs leader) says:

I am so excited about the conference call!! I “grew up” with Candace Cameron on full house and have loved her ever since! Her and her brother’s Faith is truly inspiring! But, I’m sad this is our last week :(

9. Edwina Cowgill says:

I’ve not gotten to participate in the Bible study as much as I wanted to because of so much illness in my family these last six weeks. However, I’ve truly enjoyed the study, reading the participants’ comments, and the facilitators. Thank you Melissa for all the work, time and prayer you’ve put into the study!

Blessings to all,
    Edwina

10. It is bittersweet that we are coming up on the last week for this particular study because I have gained a wealth of tools to me monitor my control factor in the future and learned more about myself in the process. I am so looking forward to tomorrow’s conference call with Candace. I grew up watching her on Full House and still catch reruns from time to time on tv when I get the chance. Also, I am looking forward to the blog this week too. Should be a great final week for this study. I hope alot of you ladies have signed up for the 21 day in between study “Made to Crave” that will be starting soon. Have a blessed rest of the day! May God bless you and keep you safe this week. God Bless You all! :)

• Where do you sign up for the Made To Crave study?

• I would love that info as well! :-)

• Christa (OBS small group leader) says:

Hi Ladies! The 21-day study that Charolette mentioned above will take place with the current facebook small groups. If you are in a small group, contact your small group leader and she can help you get signed up. If you aren’t in a small group, you can do your own 21-day study by going to YouVersion and searching for the Made to Crave reading plan. I hope that helps!

• Thanks Christa! This is my first online study and I somehow somewhere missed the details on being able to join small groups on fb. For future reference, how does someone get involved in the small groups?

11. I have truly enjoyed this book and study. At the beginning and for months prior, I have found myself thinking that what I was doing wasn’t enough to provide, as a mom, for my family. Through this, I have learned that I need to stop judging myself, tend to be super critical of “just” being a stay at home mom, and let it go! I am enough, as long as I follow God’s path for me, in every aspect of my life. Thank you!!!! I am excited for the next book and study too!

12. Carla Keller says:

I have really enjoyed this study, didn’t get to post and reply to posts this last week, due to family issues. I have kept up with the chapter readings and have a learned a lot and working at applying these in my daily life. My plan is to sign up for the next study as well. Since I am not able to do Bible studies at my church due to my work schedule, this has been a great way for me to do a Bible study.

13. I truly enjoyed this study. Discovered some things about my life, well hidden things, and am able to let thing go a little easier than before. I was just saying to my Bible Study class on Thursdays (about 2 weeks ago) how much fun living on a roller coaster is…..that being in control is not all it is cracked up to be. How much more God has been able to use me when I have been the flexible modeling clay that he designed me to be! Thanks to all of the leaders! See you all again soon for the next one!

14. Stephanie M says:

I can’t wait for the conference call tonight! Hard to believe we are in the last week. This study has been awesome. I hope to continue my momentum right into the in-between study and then the next study!

15. This has been a very helpful study for me! This morning, first Monday after the start of Daylight Savings Time, I was put to the test. I take the subway to work and today it was not only severely delayed, but the trains were coming in onto the wrong platforms. Everyone was frustrated, confused, and running from platform to platform, trying to get on the right train. The station managers were likely blindsided themselves and did their best broadcasting the situation on intercom. I had already waited for 30min and a lady stopped to ask me if I knew what was going on. I started by trying to explain the platform situation but goodness, her frustration poured out of her like hot bitter coffee! I did my best to sympathize and tell her what I knew. I’m happy to say that nothing but sweet tea spilled out of me today, and all to God’s credit.

It made me realize that sometimes, we can so full of “bitter coffee” that God can’t even a packet sweetener into us! I know that without His grace, I would react in exactly the same way or worse. The subway has been a great place to learn patience and I’m thankful that God is diligent in seeing me change!

16. God removes layers from our life one at a time and through this study, He has truly removed another layer of my life that needed to be removed and that is trying to control things that I have no control over. Soul control will forever be in my mind when I start to try to go before God. I have loved reading the post and I’m excited to see how God is working through His word to transform our lives.

Love
    Vanessa

17. amy black says:

i will forever be thankful for Karen and her dilligent study of Gods word, her senstivity to the Holy Spirit, and her qwirky and funny insight to all of us who are just “doing life” together.. this study has been amazing and i cant even begin to tell you how many ways my life has , is, and will change because of it…love… c u guys in the next study…now that we know how to let it go… lets learn to stress-less live… love you all ,, thanks to my obs leader, cheryl may who is such a blessing, and to melissa taylor, all of our guests and conference call guests .. a commitment that ill never forget..in Christ…

18. Nicole DeWeese says:

I don’t want this OBS to end! It really has been a blessing. I have learned so much and feel like my relationship with Christ is growing! I know that I have a longggg road ahead of me with learning to let go, but I feel like through this OBS I have been given the right steps to take that leap of faith. I want to fully trust God and feel his presence every minute of the day. I did not know how controlling I actually was or how much I control in my household until this OBS, it has been a huge eye opener and such a blessing!!! Since this OBS I have found myself praying as soon as I feel the need to control or even when something is out of my control and I just ask God for guidance and direction. I bring my burdens to Him, but I have also learned to praise God for His faithfulness to me and to be Joyful during my circumstances, just to be still and wait for His perfect timing!!! I am actually going to the 2013 Hearts at Home Women’s Conference, here in Bloomington, IL. where I live!!! And I will be able to hear the Author, Karen Ehman of this Book, LET.IT.GO speak. Also Candace Cameron will be there! I am so very excited, only 2 more days!!!