Mar 18

I’m Stressed

I’m beginning to think that it’s normal for life to be more than I can handle. Could it be that I really can’t do it all on my own?  When Jesus said, “In this world you will have trouble…” He really knew what He was talking about. (John 16:33)  In fact, I’ve come to cherish a boring day where my life is uneventful. Can you relate?

This isn’t the first time that I’ve been here. Financial stress. Health issues. Kids with problems. Work. Home. Marriage. Not enough time in the day. Appointments. Worries. Circumstances out of my control.

Do you ever have the thought where you ask, “What more could happen? Can I take any more?”

I’ve learned to never ask that question, because the answer is “a lot more.” Haha, I’m joking around a little, but really it’s true! We have to keep some humor to get through it, but geez, really, I’m stressed out! And the only way I can achieve peace in this chaotic world is with God’s help.

As I’m reading the chapter names for Stressed-Less Living, I realize how much I really need this book.

Discovering the Real Problem
Does it Really Matter?
The Silent Killer
Time for Change
Take Your Life Back
I Can Do It All by Myself…or Can I?
Overcoming Your Giants
Addicted to Adrenaline
Choose Your Weapons
Broken for Breakthrough
The Reset Button
Enjoying Your Stressed-Less Life

April 7th, I am so excited and relieved to be starting the Stressed-Less Living Online Bible Study! Author, Tracie Miles is no stranger to stress. Her life is crazy chaotic! Yet if you see her, you see peace. How is that so? She shares that with us in this book.

I want to invite you to join this Online Bible Study. You can sign up in the top right column of this blog. All you need is the Stress-Lessed Living book. Tracie is coming in to the Proverbs 31 Ministries office all week long to personally sign books. If you order from Proverbs 31, not only will your book be signed by author Tracie Miles, but you will also receive access to a 50 page Bible study to go along with the book.

I know I need this book! And I can’t wait to see what God’s Word has to say to help bring peace to my stressful life! Will you join me?  I hope so! We have so many great things planned for this study:

12 weeks, 1 chapter per week
Bible study
Engaging discussion
Reading assignments
Video messages
Blog Hop
Prayer
Optional Conference Call Series
Author interaction
Optional Facebook Small Groups

Sure I’m stressed, but God’s Word offers peace. I’m ready for some Stressed-Less Living! Are you?  Will you join me for some Stressed-Less Living?

Sign up in the top right corner of this blog.
Get the whole scoop here.
Buy the book here and get a signed copy and a 50 page study guide.

Comments

1. Jennifer N (OBS Leadership Team) says:

I am SO excited for this study. I can so relate. I have been so excited reading the foreward and the chapter titles as well. Praying for you and your family Melissa. (hugs and love).

2. Hilda Quintanilla says:

WOW! My exact words. Craving this study!

3. Edwina Cowgill says:

I desperately need this study! I also said, “I can’t handle one more thing.” So instead of one, I got three more things! Looking forward to this class!!

4. When I started to read Tracie’s book yesterday, I was dumbfounded at how much she sounded like me. I am not exaggerating when I say, “I could have written these words.” I was so relieved to find someone I can relate to…someone who can relate to me. Even if it is only through print, and not a relationship, I believe this study through Tracie’s book will really help me to put the stress where it belongs….and that is anywhere but with me. I am looking forward to this study…I know, we all say that…but I so need this study….I know, we all say that too. I can’t think of anything original to say, but I am at the end of my everlovin’ overstressed rope which is not about to break, but has broken many times before. I have so many knots in my rope; it is embarrassing. I have made a promise to the Lord, my husband and myself, to really adhere to this study and finally “do this.”
    I would appreciate any and all prayers sent up to the Lord. My stress level has begun to frighten me; the physical symptoms alone are huge red flags.
    Thanks for having the courage to write this book Tracie and thank you Melissa for using it for this study. My prayer is for each person taking it, that we can and will truly work towards listening to the words of the Lord and do ourselves the exteme favor of allowing healing…in ourselves.
    Thankyou!

5. Kara S (OBS leader) says:

I cannot wait for this study.

6. Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

Gm Melissa & all my ‘stressed out sisters in Christ’
    Well we all must be if we r gonna to do this bible study
    together!!! I’m totallllyyyyy stressedddddd outtttttt so I
    think this bible study is definitely for me!!!
    My house health job many deaths of ppl close to me
    & esp my marriage so I am praying & going to buy my book
    today and am anxiously waiting to become stressed free & let
    God handle it all for me ( of course w a lil
    help from lil ole me ) have a blessed God filled day!!!

7. Theresa Haskins says:

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!! I have my book and am trying really hard not to read it! I need to finish our last book! It was awesome and life-changing! Thank you so much for leading these studies for us! It is truly appreciated!

8. Tammy H. says:

Melissa,

I can’t wait for this study to start. It’s going to be very hard not to read the book when it comes in. You did a great job with Let it Go. Still working on Letting it Go!!

9. Debbie Williams says:

A boring day – I want one – just one. I can sooooo relate. Can’t wait for this study and I want people to see that peace in me like Tracie. READY!!! Oh yes I am! Debbie Williams (OBS Leader)

10. I’m so looking forward to gaining some Stress Perspective from this study. And it couldn’t come at a better time over here, either, Melissa!

11. I need this study. I have been living in a constant state of stress for too long. My life shows no signs of slowing down. I honestly don’t even know if I have the time for this study but I need this study so badly that I am going to do my best to make the time.

12. I have ordered my book and can not wait to start this study. Loved Let it go so much. I am stressed and need help in this area. Thanks for doing this.

13. Can’t wait to get started! I know God is going to do great things. I can feel it. :)

14. Carla Keller says:

I am looking forward to this study! I have ordered my book as well. I just finished the study “Let it go”- enjoyed that a lot!! It was my very first online Bible Study. This is a great way for me to get to do Bible studies, since due to working I can’t attend the ones they have at my church.

15. This study comes at the perfect time in my life! I am starting a new journey and going back to college. I am excited yet nervous because this is such a big change for me and my family. I am hoping this will help me figure out some things as to prevent this new stressor in my life from stressing me out completely. I am excited for this study as I learn so much from these studies!
    Keep up the great work ladies!

16. Thanks, Melissa AND everyone else behind the BIG picture at Proverbs 31 Ministries for making all the studies happen! May God RICHLY bless your day TODAY!

The word God gave me for 2013 is SURRENDER! :) “I surrender all…I surrender all…all to Jesus, I surrender. I surrender all”.

Blessings!
    Stacey

17. I like the 1 chapter per week! What a great Birthday present to me to start another great study!

18. YAY!! Looking forward to it.

19. Love your post Melissa!

20. Nancy Silvers says:

I ordered my copy today…can’t wait for the Bible study to start…like that it’s 12 weeks with just one chapter a week :)

21. ONE chapter each week…sounds great. That means we can take our time and really sink our teeth into this and see great results. Awesome!

22. I have ordered the book and would really like the study guide, but when I copy/paste the website (p31study@stressedlessliving.com) it doesn’t take me where I can request it. Help!? Also, is there a DVD to go along with this? Thanks!

23. I’m looking forward to this Bible Study…especially since I’m going to start a new business in the next month. I think this will really keep me focused and on the right path. I feel so blessed to start this new journey and all the love and support of my family and friends! I pray it all goes well..

24. Mary G. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Ohhhhhhhhh those chapter titles are right up my alley!!! And I think I can relate to every one of those you listed PLUS college mom life! I am excited for this study and I’m going to learn this stressed-less living concept backwards and forwards!!!

Hugs!

Trackbacks

1. More Information On The Melissas Column Appointment Book…

[…] ble Study! Author, Tracie Miles is no stranger to stress. Her life is crazy chao […]…