Mar 19

Kick-Off to Stressed-Less Living

If you checked in with me yesterday, then you know I’m living a pretty stressed life. I bet many of you are too. That’s why I’m so excited for our next Online Bible Study, Stressed-Less Living by Tracie Miles. (Don’t you just wish you were sitting in that green chair right now?)  ~if you can’t see all of the pictures below, click here.

Stressed-Less Living Book Cover

We are kicking off this study with Author and Proverbs 31 Speaker, Tracie Miles! Tracie stopped by the Proverbs 31 Ministries office yesterday just to sign books for all the ladies who order books from Proverbs 31 Ministries. She stayed for hours!

SLL Tracie Miles Book Signing 3

SLL Tracie Miles Book Signing 4

Tracie arrived early Monday morning. With the help of some amazing volunteers, the books were lined up and Tracie began signing. She signed 1000 books! And she’s prepared to sign even more! If you order her book, Stressed-Less Living, from Proverbs 31 Ministries, your will be signed by her! You will also receive access to a 50 page study guide to accompany the book!

SLL Tracie Miles Book Signing 5

Stress relief is on the way! All of these books were packaged and mailed. We have more, so order yours today and sign up to join me for the Online Study of Stressed-Less Living.

Here are the chapters we will tackle during our Stressed-Less Living journey.

Discovering the Real Problem
Does it Really Matter?
The Silent Killer
Time for Change
Take Your Life Back
I Can Do It All by Myself…or Can I?
Overcoming Your Giants
Addicted to Adrenaline
Choose Your Weapons
Broken for Breakthrough
The Reset Button
Enjoying Your Stressed-Less Life

April 7th is the start date for the Stressed-Less Living Online Bible Study! Author, Tracie Miles is no stranger to stress. Her life is crazy chaotic! Yet if you see her, you see peace. How is that so? She shares that with us in this book.

This is what you can expect from this Online Bible Study:

12 weeks, 1 chapter per week
Bible study
Engaging discussion
Reading assignments
Video messages
Blog Hop
Prayer
Optional Conference Call Series
Author interaction
Optional Facebook Small Groups

Sign up in the top right corner of this blog.

Get the whole scoop here.

Buy the book here and get a signed copy and a 50 page study guide.

Comments

1. Angie Morgan says:

I get all the emails so I’m not sure I need to sign up ??? I am planning to actively participate in this biblestudy.

• Angie,
      There is a special sign-up area on the righthand side of your screen, at the very top of the page. Even if you already subscribe to Melissa’s blog, you’ll need to sign up for the study so they can calculate numbers. If you’re on Facebook, there are small facebook groups as well. I”m looking forward to this… I know I can for one sure use less stress in my living =)

2. Melissa S { OBS Group Leader } says:

I have been so blessed already, just reading the intro and the forward! I am really looking forward to this!

3. Debbie Oliver says:

So very excited to participate in this. I just ordered my book through you. What a blessing for Tracie to autograph the books for us, and encourage our group! My life is buried in stress, and I look forward to digging through it to grab hold of Jesus’ hand!

4. Mary Merriman says:

I truly believe God has led me to this website. I have never committed to any kind of Bible Study. Due to my past life experiences, I commit to some things, but the majority of the time, I will not. I am looking forward to the Bible Study and I pray that I will open up my heart and let God completely in. I am thankful God puts wonderful women in our lives to help direct us. I am going to commit to this Bible Study and I can only be blessed for doing so. Thanks to Traci for taking the time to sign the book.

• Mary I am so glad you are here and that The Lord has led you to commit to this study. I think you will find that the community here is awesome and encouraging. So blessed to have you as a part of it. Looking forward to studying with you!

5. Lynn Fincher. says:

Looking forward to living less with stress.. We all have it and how we handle it is another issue.
    I know this is going to be great.. Can’t wait
    Blessings,
    Lynn Fincher.

6. If we already have the book, is there a way to purchase the 50-page study guide download? Thanks so much! Really looking forward to this as I have dealt with anxiety most of my life.

• Catherine OBS Group Leader says:

There is info on Proverbs 31, click the link as if you were going to purchase the book.

7. Lynne Koch says:

Hi Melissa,

I just tried to buy the book online at P31 and for some reason I kept getting an error message, but couldn’t find any wrong information. Am I the only one with trouble today?

8. Mary G. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Can’t wait to order my book and get started!! :)

9. Elaine Ledlow says:

Will we be able to purchase the study guide seperately? I bought the book at the same time I purchased Unglued so I don’t need the book. I am excited to be starting another awesome OBS!

10. I just ordered the book and signed up!! SO excited to start this study and go through this with our awesome Group 19!!
    Who doesn’t need this? LoL!

11. yea got my book and can not wait to start this study. Yea.

12. I got my book today!!!!! Thanks so much Tracie for signing it and all the other books also :) God bless you and everyone involved in this study!!

13. Someone sure got the logo right for this book. I would love to win it. I have been stressed out for so long. In the year 2011 in October I had a surgery which got infected and within the month I had to have another surgery and come home to recooperate with a visiting home nurse coming in 3 times a week. The same thing happened in October 2012. Four surgeries in 2 years is stress enough but I’ve had 18 surgeries in 10 years caused by a surgery that went wrong. It just never seems to end. I’ve also had 9 nose surgeries. Never take anything for granted. Not being able to breathe normal is hard on a person and now I’ve started having headaches. I’m going to a neurologist to see if she can help me. I know I’m feeling sorry for myself and there is people worse off than me but I do need prayer and the Lord’s touch. I have enjoyed these Bible studies and all the encouragement Proverbs 31 gives. Thanks.

• Mary Ann says:

Praying for you Sharon. It’s amazing how God brings us all together for a specific purpose. You are right in not taking things for granted. It’s always nice to read the trials others go through. Many times it takes our mind off of our problems and allows us to reflect on the good in our lives and helps us to pray for others that may need prayer. Looking forward to praying with you and the others as we embark on this journey together. Blessings.

14. I have 4 children at home ages 7-10. Two are new to our family when we followed God’s leading a couple years ago to adopt through foster care. The miracles God has done not only in their lives but in OUR lives through this journey are jaw dropping. Yet, lately I fail them daily by sacrificing the important for the urgent, by making time for homework but not enough time for cuddling, by expecting more than their hearts can give and not rejoicing in how far they’ve come. I fail them by simply not spending enough time in God’s presence then wondering why the well is dry when they need a drink. Why did I sign up for this study? I sensed God’s urging. Period.

• Mary Ann says:

We are here because God has brought us together. As you said, you felt God’s urging. I am praying that this study will help all of us put our lives in some sort of prospective and we will be able to run our lives more smoothly. I know how you feel about the well being dry. I feel that most days which is why I am here. Praying for you. Blessings.

15. I purchased the book yesterday and can’t wait for the study to begin. I live a very stressful life (doesn’t everybody) :o) However, I realize my need to prioritize and put God first. I really feel that this study will be a great help in that direction. Thanks for providing these opportunities. I have been enjoying Proverbs 31 for quite a while. Keep up the great work!

16. Samantha Baldwin says:

I need this Bible study! Excited to get started.
    I ordered the ebook on my Nook. How can I get just the study guide?

17. This will be my first online bible study. I’m def feeling more stressed lately than usual. I’m a 911 Dispatcher so, stress is a normal thing for me & I’m normally able to brush things off & cope well but lately the stress in my life has been more personal & is starting to feel overwhelming. I am looking forward to getting back in line with God’s direction for dealing with the stress. Thank you!

18. I am so excited to start this bible study! My life is crazy stressful, and honestly
    isn’t everyones! My first obs didn’t go as I had hoped, but I feel like God led me to this one, to prepare me to finish that one…I will be praying for all you ladies! I hope we all learn to live less stressed lives in the Lord! And thank you to the Proverbs 31 team for all you do! I love your site and the blogs, very encouraging!

19. sixbergers says:

Will it be sufficient for me to do this Bible study online without the book?

20. So excited to learn to live stress thru through Jesus! Thanks ladies!

21. Samantha N says:

I would like to purchase the book from a store today, since I know it probably won’t arrive prior to the 7th, as I just found out about the study; wondering if I can also purchase a study-guide from the store, along with the book?