Apr 17

SLL Week 2, Day 3 OBS Conference Calls

If you can’t see the video above, you can view it directly on You Tube here.

Ladies, I wanted to share with you that Monday night was our first Conference Call with the incredible Tracie Miles, author of Stressed-Less Living!  If you have not signed up for the Conference Call Series, it’s not to late join us.  Click here to register now.  I’m blown away that we have the opportunity to connect on such a personal level with our guest speakers throughout our study.  All calls are recorded so if you can’t make the live call, you can listen any time and even download it to your computer or other device.

This Conference Call Series includes 5 calls with the following guest:

Tracie Miles~ Author of Stressed-Less Living

Shaunti Feldhahn~ popular public speaker, best selling author, social researcher, and the co-author of Made to Crave for Young Women

Stephanie Clayton~ Christian Writer, Speaker, and Counselor

Sheila Mangum~ Proverbs 31 Ministries Director of Donor Relations

Jennifer Newsom~ Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Teaching Team

Amanda Gibson~ Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Small Group Leader

And of course our fabulous

Melissa TaylorCoordinator of Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Studies will lead each call.

Share a comment today about what you are learning from Stressed-Less Living.  Your name will go into the Friday giveaway drawing (a Christian Life Coaching Package) each time you comment.

Tomorrow is Blog Hop Day!  It’s exciting to see how many talented writers we have here at OBS!  Select from the following topics:

1.    Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  Psalm 107:19 (NIV)

Once again, meditate on this verse for two-three days…how does your heart respond to His message to you? You could even do some “verse mapping” to really digest this verse.

2.    On Our Knees. At the end of the study questions, Tracie encourages us to talk with God about our stress and how it has affected our relationship with Him. I invite you to share that prayer with us.

3.    Mirror Mirror. Chapter 2. Not many of us like having to take a hard look in the mirror {when did I seriously start getting grey hair?}. However, taking the time to step back and really look at how stress affects our life can motivate us to make that change needed. What do you see in your life that needs the biggest change? Not sure yet? Write a prayer asking God to reveal to you what is needed and keep you eyes open for His answer.

4.    #Blessed. If you chose a different topic last week I encourage you to begin a #Blessed post. If you did start a #Blessed entry, add to it this week and share it again! We will add to it each week as we go through our study!

***If you missed the Monday assignment you can access it here.

***If you missed the Tuesday & Wednesday assignment you can access it here.

Free Trial Call! Wondering if the calls are for you? Listen here to a recent Conference Call which includes an interview with Pastor Matthew Barnett of the LA Dream Center and a message on your purpose and potential by Melissa Taylor.

I’m grateful and blessed to be a part of your life throughout this study~Linda Kuhar

Comments

1. Kristi Seat (OBS Leadership Team) says:

Sweet sisters! I hope that all of you will take a chance and listen to the free trial call with Matthew Barnett and will consider ordering the conference calls. I have been participating with OBS since May of 2011 when Melissa was studying Wendy Blight’s HIdden Joy. It was my first bible study and I can’t tell you how much my heart changed through His Word. So thankful for this community of women who walked alongside me during that time. However, I can’t imagine that bible study without the conference call series. Although OBS has grown in amazing ways since that time and there are now small groups available which lend to even more community, nothing compares to hearing Melissa’s sweet voice speak a message straight to your heart.

I remember doing that bible study alone in a new city (Charlotte, NC) and finding that home could also be found with women all over the world. The hope I found here and in these calls gave me the confidence to keep pursuing God during a very difficult time in my life. God used OBS and Elevation church in Charlotte to completely revamp my heart and life.

Sisters. I pray that God will continue to open all of our hearts daily. If you are new, I pray that everyday you will know how special and cherished you are and that you aren’t alone. Listen to God’s still small voice. He will lead you in amazing ways through the pages of His Word and Tracie’s book but also to other women who not only bless you but who you can bless. Love to all of you!

2. Jodi Bailey says:

This study is outstanding! I feel that the biggest thing I have learned thus far – my “aha” – has been that I am NOT alone! This book, the posts, the small group, etc. have just made me realize that I am not crazy (as I once maybe thought or so my husband thinks some days)! I have even shared this book with my sunday school class and we are planning to start it in a few weeks! I can not wait to share with them, what I am learning through Proverbs 31! Fabulous!

• The small groups really make a difference in the study; It is in these private groups that we can be transparent, and not feel the whole world is watching. I highly recommend as many ladies join a small group if possible. We value your friendships, and know that God is teaching all of us – a step at a time. We learn from each other and grow in Christ! You are ALL a treasure to Proverbs 31 ministry!!! ♥♥♥♥

3. Jean Brown says:

I am learning that God is my God, and that He is always there & always cares! I am learning that I am not meant to carry be weight of the world on my shoulders, and that I am to lean on God and trust in Him. Finally, I am learning that the more I seek God and His peace – the more Satan will try to detour my walk with God. Sad but true. My awareness is heightened, especially with my eyes fixed on God at all times!

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Jean,
      Isn’t that so true. He never changes. I am praying that your eyes stay focused on Jesus and He will deliver you. I pray we both put the armor of God on and battle the enemy. Thank you for sharing:-)

4. I really enjoyed the conference call on Monday night. I was so challenged by Melissa’s message especially when she said: ” Choosing to believe God is who He says He is is the 1st step to bring peace.” I have been a Christian since 1993 and just needed to be reminded of that fact. Sometimes I get so rapt up in my stress I forget who God is.
    I took the self-assessment and pretty much already knew what my problems were. What I got the most of was the last column where I had to decide if this was my problem to solve or control. That has been much of my problem in the past, taking on guilt and control that wasn’t mine to take on. It is so freeing to know I only have to worry about my reactions and not stress over if the other person is going to change or not. I tend to be a perfectionist and a control freak and this causes most of my stress. With God’s help I want to be a Mary type and sit at the feet of Jesus and learn from the Master. This would greatly reduce my stress level.
    I am praising God for how he is using and will use this Bible study!!!

5. I’m learning to Let Go! When I catch myself worrying.., which is a BIG cause of my stress… I am training myself to stop, ask “is this something I can control or is it out of my control?”, once I decide… I say the scripture, & pray either “God strengthen me. Direct me. Help me sort through this.”. OR I pray, “God, it’s yours. Handle it as you see fit. I’ll follow You. I choose peace. Amen.”

• I will try that too – thank you!

Ohio

• That’s a great idea! It’s usually when we let our minds go a hundred miles an hour that we get overwhelmed. If we just stop and take a moment to focus on God and ask for his direction I am sure that will help keep our stress level from going so high.

6. Courtney says:

Hello Online Sisters!
    This study is helping me to stop thinking I am in control and I have to take on the world. I must remember our sweet Jesus took care of that over 2000 years ago! He just wants us to lay our worries and concerns at this feet, and trust he will provide! But, ladies, you know as well as I do that is not easy! Right now I am trying not stress over a situation. My husband and I moved to Dallas about 7 months ago for his job. Well, this job is about to go under water with the company! He may not even get paid this week! He’s been on a few interviews and the only offer he’s received is in New Orleans. Lord, possibly another move…. I can’t take it! My first reaction is to worry about how we will pay bills, that’s overdue by the way. I’m not working because when I first got to Dallas, I left God for stress and worry and thought suicide was the way out. Thank God for saving grace! He spared my life and never left me! He was there right where I left him…
    And another move! OH NO! I have move twice in the past 2 years! I can not take another move. But, I look back over my life and realize that God has always provided what I NEEDED; I have never went without. And, I have to trust him and trust his plan. When we feel we’re down to nothing, He is always up to something!

As I read through the posts, and all of us are going through something. Whatever it is divorce, illness, death, or a possible move; I encourage all of you to hang in there! God has all of us going through something to prepare us for the great reward he is preparing on the other side of the stuggle!

Be blessed and have a great day!

• Melissa S { OBS Group Leader } says:

Courtney,

Thank you for sharing that! I am so glad that God rescued you from that distress! He is faithful and he will save you from this distress too!
      God bless you!

• Courtney says:

Melissa,
        He’s already saving me and working it out! It’s amazing what peace we will feel if we will just leave things alone and let Him work it out!

• Dear Courtney, I watched God work in an amazing way in my daughter and son-in-law’s life. Knowing that he was to be phased out at work eventually, he began to look for a job and he looked for years. Nothing turned up. Just at the last possible minute, the Lord provided a job and he signed the paper work the very day he found his severance package on his desk. Sometimes the Lord seems to be silent but I have enjoyed the thought that He is always working on our behalf…even when it doesn’t seem to be so. Resolve to take all of your concerns to Him in prayer. Pray with your husband and be patient. He will answer and He will give you the strength as you look to Him for whatever is in store for you at this time. Take heart!!!

• Courtney says:

Thanks, Cindi!
        We decided just to stay still and wait on God! So often we get caught up in thinking God’s timing is our timing… Not so! I’m just going to use this time to prepare myself mentally for whatever lies ahead. And this beautiful OBS is helping greatly! I ask you pray along with us for strength, clarity, and patience!

7. If we’ve ordered the conference calls today, how do
    we access to replay yesterday ‘s call ?

• Melissa S { OBS Group Leader } says:

Marie,

They will give you the info in a e-mail with a link to listen! I hope this answered your question.

8. Jackie epstein says:

Hi I absolutely love doing OBS! This one is exactly meeting me right where I’m at in life again! I have done a few studies in the past, greater, let it go, etc and they are always great I learn so much about Gods live and plans for me. I love my small group on FB too and am blessed with the same leader several studies in a row! I heard Linda Kuhar on a conference call as well! My own growth in God has been tremendous and I see Gods hand leading me through some of the most challenging years of my life. Through it all I know He loves me, he will never leave me, he has good plans for me and he loves me so much and wants to propel me to be who he wants me to be.!! :)

9. I’m loving Stressed-Less Living! So far God has been teaching me that I need to fully give things over to him. I tend to give and take back, which is not a great thing to do. It has also been showing me that the circumstances I find stressful are circumstances that I can change with God’s help. It’s time I jump out of my comfort zone and pursue some things that in the long run will help me and my family tremendously.

10. Rhonda H says:

Hey Girls,
    I am really learning to let GO AND LET GOD!! I had a situation this week that my hubby was afraid to share with me as he thought I would get mad! I was blown away from my attitude when he told me to look at a text he received when we were out to dinner no less! I looked at it and said SO WHAT?? I don’t care!! WOO HOO!! You know this girl would have kicked and screamed and cried and boo hooed all over the place over a situation! I think he was floored!! It was involving his family and you know how that gets under our skin, he he he…I am so very blessed to be learning God’s word and I am finally trusting in him and my FAITH is getting stronger and stronger. Thank you all for this study and I continue to thank our Heavenly Father because without him in my life, I wouldn’t be this satisfied or full-filled:)

11. It takes strength and courage to learn how to deal with stressful situations. It feels so much easier to stick my head in the sand hoping that the stressful situation will disappear but that is false peace. Real peace is rooted in trust! Trusting that God can and will give me what I need to overcome those stressful situations whether it comes in the form of a new perspective or a changed situation. My part is to press into Him, move when He says move, speak when He says speak and rest on His promises.

12. Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

I am learning so much. I am really learning to SLOW DOWN and really concentrate on God’s Word. He is speaking to us so no need to rush through His Words. This is SO new to me…I am usually the type to finish a book really quickly and I am NOT known to stop and smell the roses:-) I am approaching this study a little different…with a lot of prayer and verse studying. It is life-changing so far. I knew I was a pretty stressed person but had no clue all that I was holding on to. I am so ready to make Jesus the peace in my life regardless of my situation or circumstance.

13. Christina says:

My jaw is on the floor as I come to terms with the fact that the way I have been treating my body is so very selfish. My husband and 10 month old daughter need me to take better better care of myself so that I can be there for them and that absolutely starts with managing the way I see things in a better way. Most of my stress is self induced and I’m ready to make the changes necessary to improve my life by choosing God first.

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Christina,
      I am so happy you are ready to make the necessary changes. I also am ready to make the changes I need to and surrender everything to God. I am praying that you can make these changes and God will strengthen your faith during it. Thank you for sharing.

14. So thankful for His ever- presence and that He will carry my load.

15. Avis Reaves says:

I am enjoying this OBS and the words of encouragement, wisdom, testimonies and prayers from other sisters. I love the way God has his way of getting us to get in depth with his Word to be a blessing to others through our trials and tribulation. It is written “Be of good cheer I have overcome the world.

16. I am so very thankful for this bible study. I am learning so much, but I have to say so far the most important thing I have discovered is how my being so stressed and not handling my stress.. I am in a vicious cycle..And I am sick and tired of being sick and tired..and the only hope I have is my trusting in God and turning my worries and my stress over to Him. I can’t do this alone….my past behavior has shown me this….that is why I am in such bad shape now, both mentally and physically. I now understand that I have to have God….only thru Him can I have less stress and handle my stress better. I can’t make it without him! Thank you all for your support and your posts!

17. Stephanie M says:

This study is great so far but it is so early on. I know I have a long journey ahead of me, as stress seems to have taken over my life the past year or two. That being said, I’m really hoping that I can fight back and break free from the chains of stress that are getting me down.

18. gina ball says:

I’m learning stress does not have the right to control me. I shall overcome!

19. I’m learning that I must take responsibility for myself and my reactions to situations and circumstances. I can’t blame others or the situations for provoking my reactions and then justifying them. I mean, I can do that, but all that type of behavior has led to is physical fatigue, headaches and pain in my gut. However, I was so amazed when I read in the book that I can’t expect to make the changes out of sheer will-power – or blame my stress on a lack of will power. I just need to fall on my knees and look for the strength I need in God.

20. This study came at the perfect time for me! Of course, God’s timing is ALWAYS perfect. I just decided to bite the bullet and go back to work fulltime after working parttime for a year and a half. I thought it was an easy job and for the first two months, I was right. Then my new boss quit and I was tasked with filling in until her replacement can be hired. STRESS! Aging parents. STRESS! Two boys in active military. STRESS! And on it goes….but I already know and the study is reinforcing that I need to evaluate priorities and let God handle my stress. With His help, I will get this under control – hopefully along with my weight and my blood pressure!

21. As I was reading in chapter 2 tonight, the one thing that stood out for me specifically, was at the end of Recognizing Your Personal Stressors. Where it talked about how family history can play a role in determining a person’s ability to handle stress and if they grew up in a house that was always in a state of stress. That section right there was a HUGE wake up call for me. My husband and I have been learning to parent a 3 year old boy, and also have a 7 month old boy, and that alone has been one of my biggest stressors of late. I’ve been recognizing more and more how I need to learn to keep calm when dealing with my son, especially when I see him responding in a negative way that I taught him. The way this was written though just really hit home. I don’t want to raise my kids in a constant state of stress. I am SO thankful to have found this Bible study so I can make this change for my family.

• Lauren B (OBS Group Leader) says:

Lauren ~
      We are so happy you are here with us and that you found this Bible Study as well. I am keeping you in my prayers and also pray that this study continues to bless you and encourage you! Welcome to the Online Bible Study ~ God lead you here

Blessings & Love

22. Carla Keller says:

I am learning that I am the only one who is in charge of my attitude and my level of stress. I need to learn to handle my stress better, because the stress is not coming from the situations, but how I handle them and I need to learn to rely on God more to get me through because I matter to Him. The personal stress self-assessment was a real eye opener for me and was not as hard to work my way through as I thought it would be.

• Lauren B (OBS Group Leader) says:

Carla ~
      That is awesome that you recognize that you are the one in control! God is right beside you cheering you on. I love how you also recognize that you need to rely on God more ~ I am right there with you! Have a Blessed day!

23. I liked the part of the chapter that talked about our bodies being the temple of God. I have so been neglecting my part in keeping Gods temple healthy. When I’m exhausted I tend to go to food to give me a little bit of energy. I’m looking more into what is causing me to be so tired. I feel like God called me to the job I have, but it is such a mentally exhausting job. I want to be obedient to God, but unsure what to do at this point. I’m praying for God to move in a powerful way to show me His will.

• Lauren B (OBS Group Leader) says:

Toni ~
      Oh Girl I so hear you about the job….I feel like God is keeping me at my job for a reason. My Job is one of my biggest stressors and that scares me yet he has not opened any doors for me to exit so I am following his lead and seeing where it takes me.
      I am praying for God to show you his will for you! Stay strong and trust in Him.
      Blessings

24. I am finding the more I step out of the way and give it to God the more he does and the peace that comes. It sounds like I have it together but each day it’s another learning process – I seem to have to learn the same thing day after day but I can feel and see how God is taking over more and more. Last time this year I was falling apart with the stress and all the ways I tried to deal with it on my own just like in chapter 1 but this year has been a learning process and this study now in my life and God showing us we are not alone has been such a blessing and encouragement!! Thank you sister! God is Good!!!

25. So, apparently, work is not my only stressor. The self-assessment made me take some time to think about those issues. Some get buried, others are just below the surface and others are in my face everyday. The cumulative affect of these is the toll they are taking physically and mentally on my body, God’s Temple. Taken in this context those stressors need to be dealt with and handed over to God. The prayer on page 52 has a line in it that really touched my heart….”Please fill my heart with a peace that surpasses all understanding and lead me into a closer relationship with you…” That line sums up what I really want to get from this book and OBS. You are a great group of ladies and I have enjoyed reading your comments. I pray for you all that God’s loving guidance will be a presence in your life as we all deal with our various issues during this course. Love and prayers…

26. This chapter is challenging me to make more healthy choices. For me this means changing some of the things I put in my body/temple. This will be a challenge for me as I am picky eater, but I know that with God’s help I can slowly begin to make better choices. Although I would appreciate your prayers because I know i need to make better choices to help my body work the way it should.

27. Lauren B (OBS Group Leader) says:

Awesome video Linda!!!!

I agree with Linda ~ Ladies if you have not signed up for the conference call I too encourage you to do so ~ YOU will LOVE them! I get so much out of these calls and look forward to them so much! These women that speak to us on the calls are REAL just like you and me, the inspire, encourage and well the calls are just plain awesome.
    Pray about it and I hope you will sign up!
    Blessings to all

28. Polly Schneider says:

This chapter made me stop and think. The assessment was good for me in that it caused me to sort out what is stressing me out. The part about whether I can do something about it or not was hard for me. I ‘m not sure if I got that right. I will be working on that some more. The prayer at the end really touchd my heart.

29. I too am learning (again) that I do not have to carry my burdens alone, and that God is here through his word and through prayer whenever I need him – in both the big things and the small things. I am reminded that He is the remedy for whatever I am feeling that is overwhelming or negative. I am reminded that although I often can’t change my circumstances, I can change how I handle them. I love how the passage this week uses the word distress. This is such a strong word, which tells me that He understands that life is hard sometimes, yet He also expects me to cry out. He wants me to cry out. I am obeying when I cry out.

30. This study has helped me to know I am not alone.God never promised us a life without stress,,But if we listen to His word we will know how to handle it.

31. I just had to add another comment.The fellowship in this study is fabulous. I am so blessed to be a part of this wonderful group of christian women.I will be 63 years old in June. In all my life I have never had such wonderful bible study and fellowship with christian women.THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME!!!!!!!!

32. I am learning that I cannot control anything but my own attitude, my own behavior, and my responses to life in general; but most of all I am learning to rely on God to guide me in all of the above and more! My relationship with God is a gift from Him and He is telling me that when I am weary and my heart is heavy or my mind is full, to go to Him and he will give me rest! I have always cherished that verse and this study is helping me to put it into practice not just daily but each and every moment!

33. Jennifer Delk says:

I have already learned that it isn’t what happens, but my reaction to it that either makes me more stressed or less stressed.

34. Avis Reaves says:

This chapter has been refreshing for me, especially the last question – Is it possible that your stress has created a barrier between you and God? Yes, I stop and repented and pray the prayer that was listed below. To God Be The Glory!

35. Jennifer S says:

I am really enjoying the book, there are a lot of items I have gone through and highlighted in hopes that I will keep them in mind at all times. I am defiantly a type A personalty I say God is in control of my life although I always seem to take my life back from his hands and start controlling again. Did I mention that I was hardheaded as well? :)
    In Chapter 2 we are asked to evaluate why causes our stress and I realize that my thoughts cause most of my stress. I also feel huge amounts of stress when I do not feel that I am in control. I realize that I need to change my thought patterns and conquer the constant stress I put myself under.
    Also I am new to a OBS, in fact it kind of freaks me out with all the blogging and etc. although I am trying. The one good thing about an online bible study is nobody will know who I am and that I have a problem with stress.

36. Ashley Couturier says:

I am learning how to let go and let God. It is hard to put your mind at bay and give things to Him. However its proven to work and has already in my life. My mind is my worst enemy some days…but I’m learning and that is progress. It is truly a blessing to have this study in my life…and I look forward to participating in as many as I can. My Bible and I have become best friends as of late and I am happy for the changes He is making in my life.

37. I admit I had a very stressful day but God is showing me tonight to trust Him and let it go. this book has been helping me. I have poured myself over these verses all day long especially the verse, “Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.” Psalms 107:19. Thank you so much for this study group.

38. One thing (of many things!) I am learning is I have to keep track of my thoughts! I am a fast thinker, Type A, and I have to watch it! I can so easily get caught up in straying down my familiar mode of thinking. These verses are a lifesaver to memorize and meditate on – It changes everything!

39. One of the biggest ahAs has been realizing that I need to work on leaving the things I give to God on the shelf and not take them down again. Control issues with things I know I can not control or fix. But I know God can. He has been working on me for sometime and with small baby steps I am letting go for longer times and just talking with him when I feel my old ways popping up. I love reading your posts and knowing that we are all in this journey together. The encouragement and sweet spirit always lifts me up. God bless and keep you.

40. I have realized the key to overcoming stress is trust in God, in His ways and His timing. When I get in a stressful situation, writing about it like on the personal assessment, helps understand where the control in the circumstance is. Then I have to look back on other situations and the process and outcomes and how God has worked in my life and been faithful.

41. I am learning so much about myself and how I handle situations in this study! It is an eye opener! I am a work in progress! Learning to stop and appy what I am learning, instead of just reacting!! I think each and everyone of you for being such a blessing in my life! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

42. I am learning I can choose to let my life be stress free by giving it all to God daily. Also that what I put into my body is very important for my temple. Also I am learning to look at and count my blessings everyday and thank Him at all times for my blessings.

43. One of the most important things I have learned so far from this study is how much stress I have been ignoring. I was certain of a couple of big button stress issues/situations but there were so many bubbling under the surface that I just ignored. I thought I was doing good because those “big” stress issues were being dealt with but the ones that were being overshadowed by the big ones were really having an effect on my level of peace and anxiety.

44. Taking a look at myself in the mirror was horrible. I see an old, fat, tired person. I am grey but using the miracle of dye. The fat in my face has given me a double jaw which makes me look even older. I have prayed and continue to pray for God to make me loose this weights so I can laugh again and like myself. I am God’s temple but my knees hurt, etc. Please help me God loose this weight. Open my eyes to HOW I can do this? Fit in in my busy schedule. I know that women take care of everyone else first. Please let me find the peace, quiet time, and the method to lost the weight.

45. The biggest thing I’ve learned from this study is that I’m not alone! I’ve been experiencing so many of the physical side effects that Tracie mentions in Chapter 2 – and, like her, I’ve thought that my doctors just didn’t do well in school! Ha! I really have felt alone and, through this book and other circumstances, God is telling me that I’m not. He’s been with me this whole time and there are other people feeling the same things I do. I’m not crazy, I’m not sick, I’m “just” stressed. This has been a really eye-opening week for me and I’m really thankful that I found OBS!

46. Shaynne Palmer says:

This week’s study verse has me torn. When I read “Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.” I totally get how we are to cry out to God and tell him everything. I mean He already knows anyway and holding it back only hurts us. But when I read the end part where it says He saves us from our distress I have to say REALLY???? WHEN???? I have been struggling with things for years and if I was totally honest I would have to say my struggles started June 26, 1981 when my dad died and it pretty much shattered my family and I was left alone and for a short time homeless. Just when I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and think I am finally to a point where things are better BANG it was just the train. I pray and whatever but so far i am still waiting for the “saving from my distress” to happen.

• Hi Shaynne,

Thank you so much for your honest comment. I have often felt this way but was not brave enough to post it or acknowledge it. For me, I try to remember the “in his time” and “Lord willing” parts of scripture as well. I’m praying for you!

47. I am learning about myself that I often keep God on the perimeter. I honor him from a distance. I am afraid that if I really let God into my problems and seek change the change might… hurt! I am finding I am stuck stuck stuck. And sitting in guilt and stress and blame allows me to just keep things the same. So, I need to let God have his way even if it means doing something new.

48. I missed the conference call but I got the email to download it to my computer. I will try and get caught up with that this weekend.

49. Well I am getting ALOT out of this study!!!! My family has noticed great difference in me! Yay! I am VERY VERY OCD about my daughter’s hair, the laundry, the house, etc and when it is not done correctly/my way, I have a meltdown. My kids have gotten to where they do not want to tell me when something bad happens because they don’t want to have to hear mom “fuss and yell”. How sad is this!!!!! When I heard about the study I was excited because I knew I needed something, otherwise I would continue to push my family away. After week 1 I realized that I don’t always have to be in control, not everything has to be perfect, and life goes on no matter what. So, what is the use in fussing over little things that don’t matter…….there is none! I have prayed and cried out to God these past two weeks and he is listening!!! My mother, husband, and kids have all been shocked. Mother says I am a miracle because she has been praying to God for this for sometime! Praise God!

50. Laura Stabile says:

I wanted to pray for all those effected by the Boston Marathon to feel ‘Hope’ in God as this morning’s verses have shared. I’m adding a prayer request for my daughter A. to be approved for a house by 5-1-13. She badly needs her own place, as her sister no longer has room. I know God hears the BIG prayers above for those nationwide, as well as the smaller prayers of those seeking him. I’ve cried out to Him, & He has lifted us out of distress….in many situations. I’m sending this on Sat 4-20-13, but can only find this spot to enter my prayer as I’m not savvy or connected to Facebook. Thank you so much for this study!