Apr 20

SLL Week 2, Prayer Requests & Praises

OBS Ladies~ I’m thrilled to introduce to you, another faithful servant in our study, Ginny Blankenship. Ginny has a heart for prayer and each Saturday, she will be leading us as we lift to God our Prayer Requests & Praises.

hope: /hōp/ (noun) the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best

It has been a sad week for us as a country.  First the events in Boston, then Texas. It is times like this, when things seem so dark, that our faith is tested. I’ll be honest, I don’t know how those without God manage. Watching the news and not knowing that there is more than this world would be more that I could handle. But we know that there is more. Not only is there more, but we know that this was not God’s intent for the world. We have hope for the future, we have hope for an eternity with Him. We have hope to no longer be a part of a fallen world full of hurt. And that hope frees us!

We are free to look for God in the darkness……and He is always there. He was the off duty fireman carrying a little boy to safety. He was the people who opened their hearts and homes to those who were hurting. He was there to hear the prayers of people across the country as they hit their knees. God was there to comfort those who lost family members, He understands their pain and loss. After all, He sacrificed His Son too.

Hope is why we can feel peace in the midst of the storm, because our hope is in the only one who satisfy that hope, our Father.

A few verses to focus on as you share your prayer requests and praises this week:

hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is unfailing love. His redemption overflows.
Psalm 130:7 NLT

“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”

Lamentations 3:24 ESV

So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Psalm 31:24  NLT

Please know that we do read all of your prayer requests and praises.  We love to pray and rejoice with you.

Comments

1. I have so much to be thankful for–good health, a God-fearing and loving husband, three handsome young men (ages 23,15, & 11), my extended family, church family, and this Bible study group. I thank God for Jesus and the Holy Spirit, His love, His Word, His favor, and His anointing. With my many blessings, I still have a prayer request for my youngest. I have received calls from two of his teachers, and I found out that two other teachers are having problems with him, too. The We have talked to him, punished him, taken things away from him, and prayed with him. At home we have no problems, but school is totally different. My husband and I are getting to the bottom of this problem on Monday. I ask that you would pray with me for my son’s behavior, the choices he makes, guidance for us as parents, and LOTS of patience. Being an educator, I know it’s a phase they go through, but we’re about to help him get out this phrase quickly. My husband and I do not tolerate acting up in class; education is very important.

• Ginny Blankenship says:

Lord, I thank you for the wisdom you have given these parents. I pray that you guide them in their roles as parents. Help them to work with the teachers to best resolve this situation. I pray that you work in the life of this child to. Help him during this time of growth to make good choices that honor You.

2. I thank my Heavenly Father for a shelter, life, food on my table, my health, my children, husband, peace, grace. Thank Him for loving us unconditionally. Please pray for our children, that financial needs will be met for ministry, doors will be open for ministry, that God will continue to bless our marriage and our home.

3. This week I am praying to my Lord for health and healing. I pray for the health and healing of a loved one battling insidious illness. I pray that this loved one goes to God about this situation and follows God’s will for his life and his well being. I pray that he seek the guide of special individuals who know just how to help him so that he can live in spite of his illness instead of being limited by it.
    I pray for my daughter. I pray for her healing, and for God to grant my husband and I wisdom as parents to do what’s best for our child. I pray that our extends family will be supportive and understanding of the decisions we sometimes have to make regarding this beautiful girl God has blessed us with to love and care for in the best way we know how. I pray when our family can’t understand our choices or where we are coming from as parents, I pray that God grant us peace to get through it together, and believe that as long as we know we are following Gods path and doing our best, that is enough. He will ate the rest. I pray that my baby may rest well, play well, and be great. I pray for those individuals who are in hospitals with their children day after day and night after night, waiting for a change. A miracle. I pray Lord for this parents that have lost their children. We al know that our children would undoubtedly be in a better place if that place is with you, but a life here without them is un fathomable, yet so many have lived it. Please give them all the peace and rest you can. Relieve them of their sadness and pain, and help the live a blessed life again.
    I pray this week coming will bring acts of peace and love rather than pain and heartbreak and fear. I pray Lord for you to continue showering us with blessings like you always do, but for us to see the, and say ‘thank you, Lord.’
    All this ask in your name Amen

4. Yesterday I woke up with this most overwhelming feeling of pressure, it had to do with finances. I thank God for this because it took me to my knees. As I was reading the scripture in Psalms 18:1-2 God began showing me that even though I don’t have it all together, He does. He gave me great comfort and peace in this situation and in other areas of my life that seem to be a mess. I went from that overwhelming stressful impossible situation to a great comfort to allow God to change me even though the circumstance didn’t change. He changed me!!! Every time I would lean toward a strong hold on my life, I rememberd that verse and ask God to replace this stronghold and for Him to be my strong hold. Praising Him today for all the personal ways He cares for us!!! Thank you ladies for this study, I was little late getting started but it was worth driving to Mathews to get my book for this study and reading really fast to get caught up. I love you all and I thank you for your servants hearts there at Proverbs 31 ministries; one day I would love to be able to give, give, and give for all the times your ministry has helped my life!!!
    Love
    Vanessa

• Ginny Blankenship says:

I love reading how His word draws us to Him and gives us the strength to weather any storm! Thank you for sharing your testimony with us!

5. I was too busy yesterday being in AWE of what GOD WAS DOING to leave this comment. You see, my husband & I have been praying for salvation for our son’s girlfriend for 2 years and we stood on the beach yesterday morning watching, praying, crying as she was baprized in the ocean AND our son rededicated his life to Jesus and we watched his baptism too!! Over the 10 years of seeing him make bad choices and chase after worldly things I had lost hope. I never thought I would see this day. I am not leaving this comment because it is all about me and my family… I leave it to encourage all of you to keep hoping and praying.

6. Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

We are going to visit hubby’s aunt and uncle after church today. They found their 42-year-old son dead by his horses about a month ago (aneurism or heart attack) and, understandably, they’re having a difficult time dealing with this. We’re bringing them dinner…please pray God uses us today and that our visit will lift their spirits some. Thank you. <3

7. Penny Price says:

Praising God for all he has done for me. My finances are better, my health is better. He guided me to this Bible study.
    Prayers to stay strong and to continue to grow in Christ.

8. Thankful for God providing me with what I need and blessing my family doing tough times, Need prayers for a son who continues to fight his battle with alcohol and a daughter going thru a tough time with her boyfriend and a worrying husband and my struggles to work this bible study I have not done well with it this week but I am trying to get caught up and my heart goes out to all those who are suffering from illness and losses during this past week and may God guide us all thru these times

• Ginny Blankenship says:

Lord be with this family. Help them to draw closer to You and to walk your paths. Let them draw from your strength and your peace.

9. Thankful that the Lord isin control… ready to grow more patience and trust through uim for the plans he has for Us my family.. So many blessings to be Thankful for. Im thankful my sister has stayed here with my family even though it not always comfortable for her.. thankful she no longer being beaten and verbally abused by her husband. Still inneed of much prayeras we travel through this path with her 2 familiescrammed inan 1800 sq ft home trying to be kin an loving and understandin of all the needs inthe home. Tending to and cooking and cleaning for 4 adults an 5 children… that xcan be overwhelming… many Blessingsand many prayers to keep the peace in ♡Our Home.. Thank Goodness for my breaks with my OBS!!!

10. I would like to say how happy I am to be participatingin this Bible study. I have found this book, the messages, the prayer opportunities, everyone’s personal comments and all the scripture to be SO encouraging. I feel connected to you all even if it is through this webpage. Now instead of going to work or throughout my day with stress on my shoulders, I have really been trying to remember more of the these scriptures and the leader’s comments to help me stay calm, focus on God’s presence, and feel more at peace. It has been so comforting to journal out my thoughts and ideas too. Such a precious study this is! I do want to pray for continued learning and growing through this study for myself and everyone else as well as a good week. Dear heavenly Father, help me to be the best mom I can be. Help me to have th patience I need when my 2 year old is not listening or doesnt want to go to bed! Also Lord, please help me in an unspoken prayer with a relationship with a friend that you know all the details of. Help heal and mend that friendship. :) Love to everyone!

11. Melissa D says:

Praising God for his care and asking for His continued help with my pregnancy and my 2 toddler boys. Very thankful for my wonderful husband!

12. I lift everyone of my sisters in Christ today. Be with each one as they go through the coming weeks. Grant peace to each one. I pray Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for harm to give you a future and a hope. Amen

13. I know I am a day late. I am just now getting caught up on my emails. I need prayer. I am so scattered brained here lately. I feel as though my brain is in so many ways but where I want to be. I haven’t even started the book yet with all the comitments around here I just haven’t had the time to pick it up. 2 boys in baseball everyday but Friday and Sunday. My oldest is in the school play and that has taken so much of my time running her. I need a day or even a whole week where I can just rest. Rest in physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I try to fit in reading time there too but I feel so guilty when it doesn’t happen. But I want my time to mean something and not some ‘to do’ that i can scratch off my list of things. I feel so run down in this season right now. life is so demanding. with 7 kids, 3 in public school and 4 , 5 and under at the house. well you get the point what my life is. Thanks for praying for me. It just blows my mind at times that people who really don’t know me will take the time out of their day and time. i praise you to the Father for you and your precious time. Have a great Sunday evening. i hope to get caught up soon.

14. I am praying for strength and healing from depression and anxiety. It has been a part of my life for years. My hope is in the Lord and I know that he can heal me. This study will be another step in the right direction. I need prayers to help me to trust in my heavenly Father and rest in His grace and peace.

15. Jennifer says:

I am praying for the time and ability I need to complete this study this week. I am already a week behind – my week was interrupted by having to evacuate my home on a moment’s notice when my husband came down with a wicked stomach virus that landed him in the hospital for a day. We are trying to avoid getting sick this time around, we have already had it 3 times since December, and each time has been complete with Iv’s and meds for 4-5 of our 6 kids. We are to the point where our kids can’t lose any more weight as they have lost several pounds each time, pounds they can’t afford to lose in the first place. I am thankful for being able to stay at my in-laws, but finding any quiet or alone time/space has not been able to happen yet as I share my room with 2 of my kids, and my bed with 1. I don’t want to drop out, but I just don’t know how to get it done….I don’t really have any help with my 6 kids from 12-1 years of age and am in a home that is not childproofed so they have to be watched all the time. We hope to return home on Wednesday after the germs have been able to settle, and I can get there and disinfect everything.

16. Erica Schaffer says:

My brother-in-law is with us tonight and will be entering a substance abuse treatment facility in the morning — on his own will — praise the Lord! My prayer is that he will let his defenses down, and allow himself to be fully healed by the Holy Spirit. And that his healing would have a domino effect on his entire family.

17. first I think the Lord very much for all my blessings.My wonderful husband and 4 children.I also have a mom with Alzheimer’s that that lives with me.I am very thankful for my full time job in my husband’s full time job.I want you to please lift up my mother.They found a mass in her right lung around four weeks ago and we went for some extensive testing last week.we get the results back Wednesday. I am praying for a miracle and there is total healing and the mass is just either a shadow or scar tissue but she is healed in Jesus name.thank you for agreeing with me I love you guys and all that you do !!!!

18. Please pray for me, I need to get out from my anxieties and depression, I want to feel free. This bible study is help me but still Ifeel like I’m walking in the dark. Thanks for your prays.

19. I pray for all of you as God bless us through the upcoming week. May God strengthen you and keep you safe. I pray we are all truly blessed and I pray we learn to be a little bit more stress free, during our next week bible study. God bless you all!

20. Hi All,

I am thankful to be able to come to a site like this. I am really enjoying the Bible studies. Please pray for me for my physical and mental health. I have been going through a very stressful time in my life for the past three years which has led to chronic stress, anxiety, depression and now my health is failing because of all of the stress that has been put on my body. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Please pray that everything comes back normal.

Thanks.

21. I am so thankful for my loving family, my health, food on my table, roof over my head!

22. This was a very needed Prayer request. All people need to find Hope in our God. It is out job to show the love of god.

23. I’m so thankful for this study. This is my first online bible study and joined late, so I’m playing catch up. But I knew God wanted me to do this study so I could benefit from it. My prayer requests are: complete healing from my anxiety and their attacks, that my 4 month old will sleep better, my parents’ marriage and that God will be present to help heal it, and that my phone pre-screening interview tomorrow will go well so I can teach in Maryland – which where we are moving in 8 weeks. Lots of prayer requests, but I know the power of prayer and that they will be heard. :) So thankful for all of you!