Apr 24

SLL Week 3, Day 3 ~ Proverbs 31 She Speaks Conference

Breaking News****Just announced TODAY! The She Speaks 2013 special guest keynote speaker is Michael Hyatt, NY Times Best Selling Author, Top Rated Blogger, and Social Media Expert. Only 150 spaces left!  We are SO EXCITED and honored to have him at She Speaks! Visit Michael Hyatt’s site today and subscribe to his blog and you can get an awesome FREE ebook about your personal life plan. Then plan to see him in person at this year’s She Speaks Conference!

Wondering if She Speaks is for you? Read on as Stephanie describes her She Speaks experiences. (And she will be back for her 3rd She Speaks this year!)

There I sat, on a plane destined for Charlotte. It was my first year to attend the Proverbs 31 Ministries She Speak Conference. What in the world was I thinking? Why I am I going? What if everyone thinks I am too young…or too Texas twangy…or too fat…or too whatever! What if I am not good enough! What if I walk into my publisher appointment and vomit on the table, rendering the publishing agent unable to complete her daily tasks, a room unfit for further use, my cute outfit ruined, and my shoes sloshing with the product of my uneasy stomach! What if that actually happens?!?!

Talk about stress and a panic attack! I wish I had the Stressed-Less Living book then! But one thing kept me moving forward. I wanted to meet my friend and Bible Study Partner, Melissa Taylor, for the very first time. I couldn’t wait to hug her and I knew that even if my anxious stomach projected vomit on her…well she would just laugh it off and go change clothes. She is that kind of friend. Here is a picture of us the first time we met face to face. And I will tell you in that very moment my anxiety didn’t disappear, but I knew everything would be okay. (If you cannot view the pictures in this blog post, click here to go directly to the blog.)

Stephanie Clayton, 1st time meeting!

I spent the next few days attending sessions and workshops, meeting other ministry minded women who had hopes and dreams just like me, basking in times of worship, listening to the amazing speakers, and bathing in the glory that is the prayer room (the prayer room is one of She Speaks best kept secrets…if you go…I guarantee it will be one of your very favorite parts).

I got to meet two publishers while I was there (this is optional), and although my book proposal was far from ready…I really enjoyed meeting with them and learning about what they want and expect from a prospective author. And I didn’t even throw up on them!

If you are interested in writing, speaking, or women’s ministry in any way I want to encourage you to consider attending the She Speaks Conference. It will take place July 25-27th in Concord, North Carolina. Please click here to read all the wonderful information provided on the She Speaks Website.

The biggest reason I hear that people hesitate to go is the price. Yes, it is expensive, but not when you consider what you get. The opportunity to hear and be motivated and challenged by top-notch speakers such as Lysa Terkeurst and Renee Swope, amazing praise and worship time, tailored workshops from industry and ministry professionals, your hotel stay, food, and networking opportunities unmatched by any conference I have ever been to before. Plus, many of your Online Bible Study sisters will be there – and girls, let me tell you, meeting these women face to face has blessed me beyond measure. Here is a picture of some of the Online Bible Studies Team at She Speaks last year.

OBS Team at She Speaks 2012

If you are interested, spend some time in prayer about going, and if God says yes – then I can’t wait to meet you there! That first year, I could not pay the way myself, so I sent out support letters and over half of my expenses were paid by others who believed in what God was doing in my life. God made a way where there seemed to be no way. And He met me there in ways I couldn’t have ever asked or imagined.

I would love to spend some time answering your questions about She Speaks in the comment section. First look at the website because you likely will find the answer there, but if not, please ask! I may not get to every question but I will do my best. Also, I would love to hear about your experience at She Speaks if you have been before, and if you haven’t, but want to go, how is God speaking to your heart and calling you to attend either this year or on down the road?

Remember every time you comment you will be entered to win this weeks giveaway! A beautiful OBS necklace donated by “The Rusted Chain”.

And don’t forget! Tomorrow is the Blog Hop!!!! The topics for this week are:

1.  Rest. In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. ~Isaiah 30:15b (NIV)

Haven’t taken the “verse mapping” plunge? Dig into this verse for three days and share with us how your heart responds to His message to you?

2.  Hope From Upstream. Being a parent isn’t always easy and as Tracie shared, it’s even more challenging to follow God’s plan for our kids when you feel like you’re going against the flow. If you are a parent, share some godly advice from upstream on how you help your kids follow God’s will. {Ok, I hope we have LOTS of these since I only have a 3 month old cutie pie, so I’m excited to hear from you!!}

3.  Healthy Tomorrow. Chapter 3. What are some healthy choices you need to make for your life as you deal with stress? OR Share with us the healthy choices you already make!

4.  #Blessed. Add to your #Blessed post, or start one today!

Stress can cause us to overlook the many blessings God has poured out into our lives. Make a list of five things God has blessed you with. Once you have listed five, try for five more…then five more…then five more. You can add to this list whenever you have something new to add. I.E. I am thankful for the dirty laundry because my family is well clothed. OR I am thankful for the beautiful weather we had today. OR Thank You Lord for my family.

***To access the Week 3, Day 2 post, click here.

***To access the Week 3 Overview and Day 1 post, click here.

Comments

1. Melissa Sorenson says:

I just wanted to say that I’m so glad for the ‘blog hop’ part of this Bible Study! I have wanted to start a blog for years now, but just kept putting if off. Yet God has brought me through so much and I have learned so many lessons through what I’ve gone through- and it always felt like a blog was maybe a good place to share those lessons with others. So when I joined the Bible Study and found out about the Blog Hop, I couldn’t help but FINALLY set up my blog so I could participate! And my very first blog post was on a topic from last week’s blog hop topics. So I’m looking forward to working on one of this week’s topic on my new blog- ‘The Transparent Christian’!

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Looking forward to reading your blog tomorrow!

• Melissa,
      This makes me so happy! That is truly my passion behind the blog hop~ to encourage ladies to write! I believe you all have something valuable to say! I can’t wait to read your blog!

• oh sweet Melissa….I’m right (write, lol) there with you. I’ve been wanting to start a blog as well and this study has definitely challenged me to do so. I love it!!!

• I must agree, as I have wanted to write for years, and participating in OBS has become the catalyst for making this dream come true!

2. Wednesday is the day I “do” scriptures- the first week I did verse mapping and cross referenced every bible verse for two words in the verse of the week. Last week I made note of and later looked up and wrote down each bible verse I came across during the day. Today I am going to do my version of verse mapping with cross referencing and selecting 2 words but am adding in looking the words up in original Greek or Hebrew using a website a friend sent me. I am so excited I want to not work today and get at it :)

• Gena, I hear you girl! It isn’t it awesome to be so passionate about God’s word that its all we want to do and study! LOVE!!!!!

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

That sounds great….I need to start doing
      that…I was given the Life Application Study
      Bible from my sweet Christain daughter n 2
      of my sweet loving grkids…it helps me to read
      scripture ESP while doing this bible study as well
      as the last one LET. iT. GO. and being able to go
      to the notes at the bottom of the page to learn
      more about that scripture…to better understand
      it and what always do now ( via my bro my mentor)
      is read the vs before n after n it gives me even a
      better understanding of Gods Word!!!! Wanted to share
      and hope it helps others…

• I had an awesome life application study bible that my teen daughter wanted so I gave it to her. I have another here that I dont like as well but I did dig out a few weeks ago. I had 3 bibles (one with 4 translations in it) in front of me 2 weeks ago :) what a great problem to have! btw my mom goes by Micki :)

• Gena, I am doing that today, too. Looking up the words in Greek or Hebrew is such a cool idea! This is my first go at verse mapping, but I’m loving it.

3. Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

She Speaks sounds amazing and I want to do it one day, but it is so close to our first grandchild being born. I’m praying about it!

4. “She Speaks” sounds awesome. I think it is something I will pray about for next year. It would be awesome to meet OBS Sister.

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

Same for me…praying about it n asking
      God to let me know if that is part of His
      plan for me in my future…Jeramiah 29:11
      one of my fav scriptures…now I wait n in His
      time He will let me know!!! I need to b patient
      even thou of course I want to know now so since
      im waiting for him I will save a lil amt out if every
      paycheck in an envelope marked ‘She Speaks’ 2014!!!
      Blessings to all….

5. She Speaks sounds awesome! I need to pray about this!

6. Praying for y’all as you pray about attending! It’s such a wonderful experience!!!! And Michael Hyatt is an amazing Keynote speaker

7. Jada Smith says:

Sounds awesome! Maybe someday…

8. Christine says:

I’d love to attend a She Speaks conference one day! The cost is also out of our means right now, but I will certainly pray about it.

As for the Stressed Less Living study, I’ve never “verse mapped” before, but I think I will try that this week with Isaiah. That scripture really touched me this week and I’d love to dig deeper. Thanks for the link on how to verse map!

• You will LOVE the verse mapping! :) And definitely pray about the conference. It was out of my budget, too, and God did some supernatural things in 2011 and got me there with very little out of pocket! If it’s His will, He will make a way. Blessings to you!

9. I receive Michael Hyatt’s blogs and have been encouraged. “She Speaks” conference will be blessed by his presentation

10. Oh…I have been praying for a month about attending this conference! I’ve looked over all the sessions and details and I am just praying, praying, praying! The cost would definitely keep me from going. I just left my full-time job with benefits to follow the Lord’s leading in my life! I am praying He will lead me to She Speaks!

11. Julie Gardner says:

I have been experiencing warfare at my job. An intercessor has been praying with me against the efforts to have me fired. She keeps telling me to FORGIVE. FORGIVE. This is part of breaking the power of the warfare, witchcraft, and jealousy. The verse for the week is so wonderful.
    Repentance + Rest = Salvation.
    Quietness + Trust = Strength.

• Julie,

I too have been experiencing warfare at my job. I have forgiven and it feels like the more I forgive, the more problems are coming with it. I am so depressed when I am here because of all of this drama!

Praying for you!

Jenny

12. Stephine says:

Today I choose to rest and be quiet in the Lord.

13. I am sitting here crying…I’ve been thinking about this for awhile and praying and God says to me, “Go!” However, due to life circumstances, I cannot go. This is is so heartbreaking!

I wish there was a way to be a part of this but from home, online. Has Proverbs 31/She Speaks thought about offering a discounted price for those that want to participate but have to stay home? Just curious…

I am going to keep praying and maybe next year I can make it happen…

• Jenny,
      We actually have thought about this. No plans right now, but it’s definitely something we are exploring for the future.
      Praying for God’s direction and that a way will be made if it is His will.
      Hugs!

14. Susan Roberts says:

She Speaks sounds interesting. I’m not sure if this is the direction God is leading me right now, but I think it would be an awesome experience!

15. That is so awesome! I had no idea Proverbs 31 held conferences such as this. The work you all/this ministry does to advance the kingdom of God and to help, encourage, and build up woman to answer His call is truly amazing! God bless you all…when I learn of opportunities such as this, a feeling of excitement washes over me, but is quickly followed by a flood of fear. God often speaks to me through the story of Moses, and this morning I definately feel like Moses with the outpouring of questions, doubt, and unworthiness to the Lord in response to His promptings. I don’t know if it is His will or His timing…I certainly don’t feel ready, but there’s certainly butterflies in my stomach about the prospect and I haven’t felt that in my life in a very long time.

• Katrina,
      I know that feeling well…fear & doubt. I felt it the first time I went to She Speaks, the first time (and every time) I speak to an audience, everytime I do a conference call, and I really felt it when considering starting Online Bible Studies. If I were you, I wouldn’t take fear as a “no”, I would take it as a “maybe so” and begin praying about it.
      Blessings!

• Melissa,
        First of all, let me say how greatful I am that you didn’t allow your fear to stop you from attending your first She Speaks and from starting OBS! God has touched so many lives, including mine, through your obedience. Thank you also for taking the time to reply and share about your fear. As fearful as I am, there is also this small piece in my heart that knows that just beyond all my fear, lies God’s will. Knowing that Satan uses fear as one of his primary weapons, begs the question, why is he working so hard to keep me so fearful of opportunities like She Speaks? I don’t want fear to keep me from being obedient, so I’m definately praying about this.

16. Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

Someday I am going to attend She Speaks. It sounds awesome!

17. The conference sounds like a wonderful experience. I hope to one day attend one. I have being getting my daughter to follow God’s will not by forcing it on her but exposing her to his word, devotions and worship and covering her in prayer. Have an awesome day!

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Karen,
      I also hope to one day attend the conference. It sounds life-changing. I will pray for your daughter and for you to effectively minister to her. Thank you for sharing, sweet sister:-)

18. I feel the Lord has been calling me into a speaking ministry the past couple of years. As I have told Him, I’m not one to get up and speak in front of a bunch of people – but I am willing to be His vessel. Due to a scheduling conflict I was not able to attend the conference last year. After waiting an extra year and still feel that calling, I am excited to say that I will be at the conference this year. I have been dealing with the same emotions as stated above such as not being worth or good enough etc. I am nervous, excited and can’t wait to see what the Lord does at the conference.

19. Ruth Lamb says:

I have been dealing with stress basically all of my adult life. I have found that some relaxtion tapes to listen to, some stretching early in the moring and reading a devotional for the day before I retire has helped me. I have to remind myself that no amount of worry is going to change a situation but through prayer and solitude, I have become less stressed. This book is awesome!

20. I first found out about the She Speaks Conference in 2010. I wanted to go so bad and was heartbroken when that door did not open for me. But I kept praying and asking God to order my steps. I knew if He wanted me there, He would get me there! So in 2011 I signed up and He supernaturally provided the funding! Seriously! I even received an unexpected check in the mail (out of nowhere!!) for almost the exact amount of my plane ticket. I missed last year but am returning this year and am just as excited (or more) as the first time! The announcement of Michael Hyatt as Keynote Speaker has me jumping up and down this morning!! :) If you feel God is leading you to She Speaks, trust and obey! He will make a way!

21. Marla Sjaardema says:

My stress today will be going to be with my sister-in-law at her father visitation tonight. Her father passed away Monday. All the memories of my mom’s passing are all coming back. My mom passed away July 2004. It will be so hard, my mom was my best friend and we talked every day on the phone. Oh! how I miss her! I know she is in heaven.

• Martha F. says:

Hi Marla,
      I’m sorry about your sis-in-law’s dad passing. I’m hope God’s peace will see you through the grief reminders from your mom’s passing. My mom passed in 1995 and I know how you feel. I guess we will always miss them but I am grateful we will have a joyous reunion in Heaven with them one day. (((Hugs))) to you dear OBS sister.
      Martha

22. I haven’t received my book yet and I need a link to chapter 3 so I can catch up. Lol

23. I believe that one day I will be able to attend She Speaks, Lord willing.

24. The She Speaks Conference sounds like an awesome experience but I know it would not be for me because of the price and I am not an avid public speaker. I do not enjoy speaking in front of a large room of strangers. Put me in a room full of people I know and I don’t have a problem. I have struggled with this fear for many years and even though I have done it a number of times, I don’t put myself in this situation unless absolutely necessary. I love to write since I participate in the blog hop each week. I developed a passion for reading and writing again once I went back to accomplish my BBA in Management after I dropped out of college sixteen years later.

25. About 2 years ago I felt like God was telling me He wanted me in ministry. I still do. At that time I started a weekly blog, Angie’s Note’s of Grace. I was very faithful to write for about a year. Then I allowed Satan to get in my head. I felt discouraged, like I was going nowhere, and things were busy so I was skipping a week here or there in my blog. The next thing you know, I’m not writing at all. God is so gracious, He lead me here to this OBS and now I am blogging again with the blog hop.
    The thing is I still feel restless. I’m sure He has more for me. I just don’t know what. She Speaks sounds like such a great opportunity, I’m just not sure if that is where God is directing me or not. I do have some concerns about coming, there is money, and my health, but I know if this is what God wants for me He WILL make a way! I am praying and will continue to.
    You see I feel like God wants me to tell women, all women from teens on up what He has and is teaching me. He has graciously given me so many gifts, singing, writing and speaking. I have talked with people, around here about using me to no avail, but I know he wants to use me! So I sit and I write and I pray and I wait. But my heart aches because I want to be used but I don’t know how or where or when. So please pray with me.

• Angie,I feel the same way you do,I write some little devotions on my Face Book page,when I feel God has led me to a certain subject,I am not a great writer but I do feel led to do this,at times when I feel like I am no good or probably no one pays attention anyways,why bother but then someone will stop me in the store or post on how much my post lifted them up.I have never done a blog,but keep up the good work. I hope you get to go to go to the conference .You would probably be surprised just how much God is using you.God Bless

• Angie,
      I think it’s great to write and pray and wait. But how about now you MOVE! I’m praying that your direction is clear from God. Satan wants you to sit and hurt. I don’t think God does.
      Don’t underestimate how God is using you on your blog and in the comment section here. Thousands of people read these comments and have access to our blog hop. You keep moving!
      Hugs!

26. michelle h says:

the conf is a dream of mine . ..

• Michelle,
      I’m praying that your dream will become a reality. Start taking baby steps to make it happen. “Dream big. Start small. Ignite God’s vision for your life.” ~Pastor Steven Furtick

27. I love this study and the knowledge that we are not alone. I am struggling with some physical stuff as well as panic attacks in the night. Makes me anxious to go to bed some nights. Today I am so blessed to have this Scripture : proverbs 3:24 – When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. I so need this verse and want God to deliver me. I am thankful that he uses these times to draw me to himself. God bless this ministry and the ladies participating .

28. I have started to stop the stress eating and remind myself each day my body is God’s temple. I have prayed very hard for patience, perserverance, and stamina to keep up with everday life’s trials. And, I must say, I woke up one day with more patience and energy than I have ever thought one could have. I feel an enormous presence that guides me each day helping me make the right choices to live the Godly life. I love Christ and I am so thankful for the gift of grace. Thank you my loving and forgiving God!

29. This is so awesome! Last week I was talking to my husband about my ‘writing goals,’ and we talked about me potentially going to the She Speaks conference in the future. I put it in my 2-3 year plan, and we decided to pray on it. I’m at the very beginning of my writing journey, like a month in, but I’m willing to follow wherever God is leading me in whatever time plan he has….
    I’m praying that God opens doors for all of us to attend this conference if that is his will!

30. I think that the conference sounds wonderful, but unfortunately I started a new job in January and am not able to make it work for me. However, I will pray about next year and see if my sister will join me. What a great sister weekend getaway!!

31. So excited about Michael Hyatt being at She Speaks this year! I attended She Speaks last summer and I would highly recommend it. So, excited to be able to be there this year! If you are thinking about attending a conference (speaking or writing) prayfully consider the She Speaks conference. There is so much available, you will walk away with so much information, tips and insights from industry experts.

32. Like some have said, I am also thankful for the Blog Hop. I’ve participated in a few studies already but never participated in the blog hop until now. She Speaks sounds great. I’ll have to pass this year. However, I will pray about next year.

33. I am so thankful I am taking this OBS; I received news that otherwise would have crushed me, but thanks to this study, I am doing well with it and just spending more time praying and less time stressing. God is so awesome and this study is really helping me to cope.

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Nina,
      Praise God. Isn’t it amazing when you can see Him working. What a great God we serve and oh how He loves us. Thank you for sharing. Praying for a stressed-less week:-)

34. So this comment may seem random, but I thought I’d share and see what comes of it. Lately, I’ve been struggling a lot with some things in my life that haven’t been going the way I had expected them to. For the past 2 1/2 years, things haven’t been progressing the way I thought at all. I realized last night how hopeless I am beginning to feel because of that. The funny thing is that I KNOW in my head that God has things handled, but I feel DOUBTFUL in my heart that things will turn out the way I’ve been hoping. Its leaving me with such a sense of insecurity and hopelessness. How could I feel that way after all the Lord has done for me and my family? I can’t stop feeling, though, like I must be doing something wrong that these things aren’t working out. I know God doesn’t see things like that. I just need this emptiness to go away and God to fill me up with hope that in time, things will work out. I sure hope they do…but it would be nice to KNOW that they WILL!

• I am praying for you to feel God’s hand guiding in all things. Sending a virtual hug and a smile. :)

• Oh sweet Heather, I am praying for you. One thing I found effective when I feel this way is to verbally cry out to God “help me overcome my unbelief” from the scripture Mark 9:24. And I can’t really verbalized how or when it happened, but over time that unbelief and empty feelings have dissapeared. Keep crying out to Him and seeking Him sister. He is faithful.

• “Why are you frightened”?, Jesus asked. “Why are your hearts filled with doubt?”. Luke 24:38 NLT
      Jesus said,” I am the light of the world. whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life”. John 8:12 “when we follow Him, we find confidence in Him, the One who came to illuminate our darkness with His redeeming love.” Doubts lure me into the darkness…Requires us to turn.. Turn away from doubt, turn toward truth; turn away from darkness, turn toward light.
      These were sentences out of chapter 5 of A Confident Heart by Renee Swope which I just read. Praying for you!

35. Shirley Troilo says:

She Speaks Conference – I am signed up and so looking forward to it. I heard about this from Tracie Miles at a weekend retreat she spoke at last February. When I first went onto the site and saw that it was a Speakers and Writers Conference, I quickly thought this isn’t for me. I was looking for the Listeners Conference. Still, I pondered over this nagging feeling that said “Go and See”. So I discussed it with my husband, primarily due to the expense. Out of the blue he said, “I think you should go, it may be your calling”. Not something I would have expected at all. So I signed up despite my insecurities. I know I want to do more in Women’s Ministry but what, I still have no clue. I will follow my internal urging of “Go and See”, then wait on the Lord to show me his plan.

For those of you who are like I am, and are feeling that the Lord has more in store for you. Make the commitment to step out of your comfort zone to “Go and See”. No matter what, spending time with other Christain Women seeking to spread the Good News will not return void.

36. I have just finished chapter 3 and now its time for review then I will answer the questions at the end then I start studying the bible verses in depth. That is my routine. I am so grateful for this OBS and this book. Now it makes me stop and think to calm down, think twice and reflect over what is stressing me out. Thank you so much.

37. I really need to be in prayer about she speaks and some other related opportunities. It is hard to imagine how it will work right now. Please pray with me if you can!

38. Boy the She Speaks conference sounds like an amazing opportunity. I am going to pray about it – but it will probably be next year before I can go. But I have to say it sounds amazing.

39. I would love to attend a ‘She Speaks’ conference…ever since my wonderfully awesome group leader of the awesome group 19, Amanda, told me about this, I’ve ‘fantasized’ that I could attend…you know, some people day dream about beaches and moonlight walks on the beach…nope. Not me. Mine is this conference!! Ha! Maybe, prayerfully one day! :)

40. I have never been to a “she Speaks’ conference at all either. God has placed on my heart that I want to be a bible study leader. Would this help?

41. Been a busy week! I work part-time night shift as a nurse, and every 3 weeks I get 10 glorious days off in a row!!! Soooo, now I am back at it & thankful for the guidance that this OBS has given me.

42. One of these days I will attend the conference – when my babies are bigger. I do have a copy of “For the Write Reason” which I love. Enjoy it for me. :)

43. So my heart got excited and sad as I read about the conference. Excited because I think how cool it would be to experience this & sad because I dont know that I can. It definitely would be a miracle & trust that if God wants me there it will happen.

44. I wish the conference was closer so I could attend! :(

45. I love to write. I’ve found that writing is the best way for me to share my feelings & emotions. Sometimes I can’t say or put into words what I want to say, but writing is therapeutic for me. Summer 2011-Summer 2012 were hard for me. I had a lot going on and I wrote a lot! I read scripture a lot and made connections. It seemed every verse I read, every devotion I read were for me. I go back and read the things I wrote in my journal and I KNOW I need to share them. I KNOW my story could comfort someone else. I like so many others, get nervous to try AND nervous to share… To put it all out there, open & vulnerable. I last summer (I’m a teacher) wrote several short pieces and even thought of a good title for my memoir. One day I will write it! I really would like to attend this conference in the future. This is a wonderful opportunity you give to so many women! Thanks!

46. I can relate to the stress. Went into dentist to have deep cleaning and I had a bone sticking out from a previous tooth pulled. I didn’t know they hammer it back into place. I was hoping they could just pull it out. No such luck. Jesus heard from me the entire hour. Also wiggling my toes helped. Next two days baby food and mash potatoes. I hope to finish the chapter Friday. Lord I’m hanging on to your victorious right hand!

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Tracy,
      Ouch! So sorry you had to go through that. I am praying that everything heals quickly and any pain subsides. Praying for you to be able to focus on this study and continue to dig into His Word. Thank you for sharing.

47. I attended a She Speaks conference two years ago and found the price did not correspond positively with what I got out of the sessions.

Now I see the price is $775 and with hotel costs this amounts to over $1,000 for a two day conference. This is a huge price for most all of us and I feel Proverbs 31 does little to nothing to contain costs.

I would urge women to look for alternative avenues to develop their speaking and writing skills for the advancement of the Kingdom.

48. I think the “She Speaks” conference sounds amazing, and it is now a goal of mine. I know it cannot happen this year, as my husband and I have committed to eliminating all of our debt in the next 24 months. But, God will lead me there in His time and in His way. I know He wants us to remove the scourge of debt from our lives right now, and I know he will bless this commitment (as He promises in Malachi–to pour out blessings to those who are faithful in the handling of their finances) and He will bless my desire to write and speak for Him someday, as well.
    May God bless those who are able to attend in mighty ways!!

49. Stephanie W. says:

I love blog hop. This is my first time blogging but it is something that I have always wanted to try, but was afraid that I would sound less than intelligent. When I wrote the first one and was just concentrated on being real. At first I was only going to post it here and with my small group. But then after some prayer time, I took the plunge and posted it on my facebook wall. I was so scared of what people would think of me. Then through encouragement from my husband, I posted it on the church website. I was hoping that no one notice the posting, but then my wonderful husband announced during his sermon on Sunday that I was blogging and where they could find my first two blogs. YIKES! Still a little nervous every time I post, but know that with time and practice I will feel more confident in my ability to write.
    Thanks to all the OBS ladies who have offered encouragement.

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Stephanie,
      That is so awesome. I just love seeing God work. I am so thankful you were able to overcome your fear and post about Truth in Him. I am also praying about blogging soon and your post has left me encouraged:-) Thank you for that. Praying for your nerves to be calmed and your heart open to what He is telling you. Have a wonderful week:-)

50. Melissa I LOVE your story. Going new places and having to meet new people def. stresses me out! I wish I could go to this conference but can not get to North Carolina this summer. Maybe you guys should try to have one of these up North for those of us in the OHIO/MICHIGAN area! 😉