Apr 27

SLL Week 3 ~ Prayer Requests and Praises

Happy Saturday! Hasn’t Stephanie been great this week? I loved the “take a break cards” from day 1. Mine is a bit crumpled and worn but I treasure the way God has used it to quiet me and speak His truths to me this week.

Last Saturday I talked to you about hope. This week while reading He kept bringing to mind a verse from an Aaron Shust song:

I will wait on You
You are my refuge
I will wait on You
You are my refuge

My hope is in You, Lord, all the day long
I won’t be shaken by drought or storm
My hope is in You, Lord
All the day long I won’t be shaken by drought or storm

A peace that passes understanding is my song
And I sing my hope is in You, Lord

Remember our verse from Isaiah this week? Only in returning to ME and waiting for me will you be saved.  Without Him, we are lost in the storm.  Without Him we are left thirsty in the drought.  Because we can place our hope in the God who loves us so much he sacrificed His Son so we could be with Him, we won’t be shaken.  Because He is our strength, and in Him we can find peace!

This week as you are sharing your prayer requests remember that God sees the big picture while we can only see what is before us. Sometimes, we have to wait on Him and let His peace fill us. We truly can “feel joyful and full of peace when this devastating situation is still raging through (our) life like an F4 tornado” as Tracie Miles did. If we return to Him and wait for Him. It is my prayer that you too find yourself able to weather the storm in peace because you have surrendered the situation to the Great Physician.

And if God is filling you with His peace or has already seen you through your tornado, please share that with us so we can rejoice with you too! I love reading about a happy ending!

Trying to catch up?

Comments

1. God is working in my life>The transition to my pension is working out.I have a situation with a dufficult neighbor(a woman with mental problems)the management at my apartment complex is on her case.I will be 63 years old in June>>I am trying to put in applications for housing in senior communities.I PRAY GOD WILL GUIDE ME TO THE CORRECT PLACE<I SEND ALL MY LOVE AND PRAYERS TO MY CHRISTIAN SISTERS

2. Hi everyone…I had a mix up on getting my book so I haven’t been able to read anything past the first chapter that was offered online. I have been going to Melissas’ site everyday though and done what I could. I have been blessed by all the women who have shared and am looking forward to getting my book by the end of the week. When I think about posting a prayer request I mam not sure where to start…there are so many things going on in my life inside and out. I am hoping to be able to let go and trust God more with everything as I work through this study. I would like prayer for my mom…She has moved a few blocks away from us so that we could be there for her and help her…but she has had a lot of health issues and is feeling discouraged and overwhelmed. She was hoping that moving here would give her a chance to start moving on with her life after my dads passing a few years ago. God bless all of you ladies and praying you all have a good week!

• Veta Millard says:

Praying for ya’ll. I have 4 children and a mom with Alzhiemers who lives with us.My mom recently diagnosed with a lung mass andI am overwhelmed with all the testing involved and Doctors appointments on top of work and the kids stuff. I also work full time and my job has been giving me pressure. I take one day at a time.The verses in this study have helped with to put my focus on knowing God is in control. THe more I read the study and my bible and pray ..it doesn’t get eaisier but more peace enters my life !!! If I forget to pray and read I don’t have that peace that day !!! Love ya

• Hi Veta…My mother inlaw had Alzheimer’s and we took care of her for three years. I know how overwhelming it can be. Thank you for sharing. I will be praying :)

• Veta, my husband has Alzheimer’s and other health issues and I too would not make it through the day with out praying. I also work as a first grade teacher and know that. I have to trust God’s plans for me. I am praying for you. I also would like to suggest that you contact your local Alzheimer’s group. They have a wonderful support system and resources to help. God bless you.

3. Beverly Reeder says:

I have an unspoken prayer request. It deals with the financial situation between my husband and I . It is too long of a story and hard to describe in a way that you might understand. I will not bore you with the details. Just pray for our marriage relationship that Satan will not enter into this money situation. Pray that God will take control and win the battle . Thank you for your prayers .

• I am praying for you. I myself was struggling with a huge financial burden for the past 6 months or more and God has answered my prayer this week. I know that the financial situation was mine and my husbands doing but God did answer my prayer. We have a long way to go to be free of our financial burdens but things are much better. I would ask that you would pray for my husband and that he could find he way back to God. Things are stressful enough we must both put God first.

• I will pray for you <3

4. God is giving me victory in many areas of stress, but after I blogged yesterday I failed miserably.
    Please pray I can keep calm in all my family’s crazy dynamics.

5. Praise: I am involved

• Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

Sarah, I am so thankful that you ARE involved with this study!! <3

6. Praise: The Lord answered a prayer. God is so good. A very heavy financial burden has been lifted. Although our financial situation is not great the answer to this prayer has greatly reduced my stress. I pray that we can catch up our past due bills and pay them on time from now on. And not take on any new ones.
    Blessings: my family and I are healthy and we have jobs that provide income to keep us afloat. Wonderful community to live and church family. A relaxing day in which I have read my Bible and prayer a good portion of the day. House semi-clean. Not perfect but good enough for now. Money to pay bills and buy much needed groceries but we have never done without. Clothes too wash and wear. God has always provided and I am so thankful. I could go on.
    Prayer request: my marriage has been through a lot these last few years. I pray that it can be stronger than before. My husband is self employed and I pray his work would increase. I pray that he would deal honestly with people and that he would not have to deal with deception from others. He is not currently in church although he claims to know God as his savior I pray that he could find his way back to God. I blame him for all our problems. I know that I need to forgive and have a different attitude. I pray God would give me the strength. Our oldest daughter is graduating from high school in 2 weeks. I pray she will not be lead astray by those in the world. I have not been the best Christian mother that I could have been but I pray for all my children and their safety. Help me and my husband to put God first in our home. I pray that God could change me to be the person that I need to be. I pray that my husband would turn to God and I know that God would bless us for following him..
    Thanks for this study. I really needed this..

7. Prayer Request: Please pray for my sons, the oldest is on his own and working as a drug and alcohol counselor. He doesn’t know anyone where he is living and is lonely. I have been praying that God would send him some Christian friends and hopefully a mate someday soon. My youngest is finishing his second year of college and has a lot going on. I miss my boys so much and am not adjusting to the empty nest to well. God is so good and I love him and know he will answer our prayers. Thank you!

8. I have a HUGE praise report!! As many of you know, we were trying to pay for my aunt’s funeral. That in itself was a miracle how not only the funeral home allowed us to go on with a small down payment but they also cut $2,000 off the price AND let us make payments (after saying no). I prayed for God to soften their hearts. Me and my boys plus two other separate family members took what money we could find ($7 and some change here; $30 for my mom and maybe $1-2 for my grandma), and prayed over it. We asked God to multiply it like the fish and loaves. A little over one week later-I cashed out $300 in change!!! Once the fundraiser is over, HALF of the funeral will be paid for in less than a month. God is so amazing!!!

• Jennifer, thank you for sharing your praise…it is so encouraging to hear how God answers our prayers….I will be praying that all your needs will be supplied for the funeral, love and prayers to you and your family.

• Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

Yes, He is!! 😀

9. This week has been hard but I have been drawing closer and closer to God in this waiting place. Please continue to pray for my son as he questions faith and God. I am unable to fix this problem so I reluctantly leave it in His capable hands.

10. God has seen me thru a tornado…in fact I don’t really think about it anymore. This is huge because it was constantly nagging me everyday of my life, reminding me of my failure. Thru prayer and forgiveness of myself because Christ forgave me first, I stay in his word, surround myself with positive strong Christian friends and there is a lot of laughter and hope in my life. God truly wants us to walk thru our life with him and then he blesses us. I am living proof of this. Thank you Lord Jesus … Love Dawn

11. Wow! What awesome timing for this week’s topics/verses for me! We have been battling a difficult incurable disease (eosinophilic esophagitis) that our son has for two years now and recently I’ve felt nothing short of overwhelmed by it. I have done just as the Israelites did… gotten on my horse and tried to run away, trying to handle it all on my own, and I’ve gotten no where fast! So thankful for the beautiful reminder of 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 this week and also the reminder that we serve a gracious God who shows compassion and justice for all who wait for Him! Turing this stress over to God, he’s the one who can handle it, and I’ll be still and wait for His guidance, strength, and timing to get through this wonderful life he has blessed me and my family with!

12. Cristy Carnes says:

My husband and I are potentially fostering to adopt two little girls. We went and met them yesterday. They have a lot of developmental delays. While at the meeting we also met another girl, who is 13, who is also needing a home. We are just really wanting to do the right thing.

13. I started this study because i knew I needed it obviously, but my anxiety attacks..the symptoms Traci described… have gotten exponentially worse since starting…and our stressful situations have worsened, especially financially. We are in critical mass here…We desperately need prayers for provision and release and favor for my husbands job. His license to sell insurance…his JOB…is being hung up at the state unreasonably and we have paychecks just waiting for that to go through. That’s just the worst stressor…there are several more going on at the same time.I know the enemy is very busy right now because my whole family is making important changes…good things are on the horizon…and the heat’s getting turned up. I really need prayer for the anxiety..I’m doing the study, journaling, praying, trying so hard to let it go, but it’s nearly impossible and physically it’s really taking a toll on me. Lord HELP!!! Please!!!

14. Becky Ahlers gr26 says:

Please pray for my 20 year old and her walk with Christ, our relationship, and me in my workplace. Thank you!

15. Sheilah Watts says:

Last week was a phenomenal week!!! The Lord blessed me in such an awesome way. All that He had been speaking in my heart for the last few months seemed to culminate on Thursday. As I sat quietly emptying myself out before Him, the Holy Spirit began to lead me in prayer and I began to sense The Lord making an Alignment in my life. My Pastor had previously taught from the book of Amos (7:7-8) a couple of months ago on how the Bible has to be the plumbline (standard) by which we as Christians live. While I sat in God’s presence, I sensed Him aligning my spirit with Him. It was as if I could sense a light coming from the throne of God beaming straight into my heart. I even remember moving slightly in my chair so that I was in perfect alignment. He spoke Fresh anointing; newness of life and told me to drink it in. My heart is full even as I write about it. There was such a peace; a knowing; a newness that came upon my life. He being the faithful God and Father thAt He is, He didn’t stop there. While attending a cousin’s wedding on Saturday, my daughter who I’ve been in prayer for for years; I asked my former Pastor to pray with her. He’s known her since childhood; she’s now 32 and has made a series of bad choices in her life. He talked with her and then asked God to p,ace the gifts in his life upon her life. i knew God had honoured his request. I couldn’t help it, while I stood in agreement, I began to pray in the Spirit and there was such an awesome presence. I cried, I thanked The Lord because I knew that He had done something special in her life. She later told me that she had felt this warmth come through her hands and this peace and a light feeling all though her body. It was such an amazing time! He had answered my prayers. I could tell she was in utter amazement, the rest of the day she kept rehearsing what had happened. i think this may have been her first real encounter with the God of her salvtion. I could go on and on about God’s faithfulness. He continues to show His love toward me and i am eternally grateful to Him. I’m excited about continuing in the Bible study and seeing what God has in store for me and also my new found relationship with Linda Kuhar. God Bless you all!!!

16. Melissa says:

Praise Report!
    First I just wanted to let you know how much of a blessing all of the Bible studies have been. I have signed up for just about all of them. However, so far, I believe this is the best one yet. I have really enjoyed reading all of the emails. I read them all at work and sometimes they help me get through my day when I am totally stressed out stuck at work worried about home life. Now on to the praise report. I have been stressed out for 2 years about a bump that I finally went and had removed and had biopsied (sp?) I finally got up the nerve to have it removed and the doctor called me yesterday with the results. It turns out it was just an enlarged sweat gland! After all this time I have been worried and scared to have it taken care of, I finally did and found out that I have been worried about this for nothing. I have been praying for God to heal by body and my mom and sister as well have been praying as well as sending in prayer requests on Melissa Taylor’s blog and to Joyce Meyer Ministries. I just wanted to say thank you all for the prayers and I hope you all have a blessed day.