Apr 28

Stressed-Less Living, Week 4

Welcome to Week 4 of our Stressed-Less Living Online Bible Study!

I have a little message for you today~

If you can’t see the video message from me above, click here to view directly on You Tube.

Here is an overall view of what this week of study will look like~

Reflection Verse 4

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 NIV

Suggested Assignments, Week 4

Sunday~ Get ready for Week 4. Look over your week and plan for time with God and Bible study.

Monday~ Bible Study! Grab your Bible, pen, highlighter, notebook, index card for mapping, and go to my blog www.MelissaTaylor.org for your Bible study assignment. Jennifer Newsom has a great lesson planned for you! Discussion and interaction will be happening in the comment section.

Monday Night~ 2nd Conference Call!! Our call this week is with two of our amazing OBS Team members, Amanda Gibson and Jennifer Newsom (who also happens to be leading us in study this week!) Amanda and Jennifer are no strangers to hard times and stress. They know what it’s like to be surrounded by stress yet remain filled with peace. Our message for this call is 3-D Change. Have your pen and paper ready~ this is a note taking message for sure! You will not want to miss this one! Click here to register for the Conference Call Series. Each call is recorded and available for later listening and download.

Tuesday & Wednesday~ Read Chapter 4, Time for Change and answer the discussion questions at the end of Chapter 4. Visit my blog, www.MelissaTaylor.org, each day for discussion.

Thursday~ Blog Hop! Our blog hop is next best thing to mama’s fried chicken! (Okay, maybe you don’t like fried chicken~ it’s my very favorite food in the world & I don’t have it very often~don’t judge me) We have some fabulous bloggers that bring some incredible insight and wisdom to us each week. If you haven’t tried the blog hop yet, I hope you will greatly consider it. Don’t be afraid, just do it! Whatever you do, make sure you read some of these blogs.

This week’s blog hop topics:

1. Transformed.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~ Romans 12:2 NIV

Haven’t taken the “verse mapping” plunge? Dig into this verse for three days and share with us how your heart responds to His message to you.

2. Power Surge.  We’ve all experienced a power surge, one that brings our appliances into overload, popping circuit breakers, and blowing fuses. Well experiencing God’s presence is a whole other kind of power surge! Share a time when you have felt God’s presence in a profound way, or hear His voice speak directly to your heart.

3. Big Dream, Wee Step. Chapter 4.  Is God calling you to make a change? Has He put a dream in your heart that seems just impossible to achieve? What is one little step you can take toward that dream. If you’re not sure, then start by sharing a prayer, asking God to keep your eyes and heart open to His leading.

4. #Legacy.  Ok, we’re doing our #Blessed post a wee bit differently this week in honor of the Proverbs 31 Ministry’s Legacy Campaign! Is there a woman who has impacted your faith and influenced your life with God’s love? Perhaps a friend, sister, mother, grandmother, mentor or pastor’s wife? Check out the link above and share a post lifting up a woman in your life OR add her to your #Blessed post with an explanation.

Friday~ Bible Study Lesson and your Take Away for the week! Visit my blog, www.MelissaTaylor.org.

Saturday~ Prayer Requests & Praises. Visit my blog, www.MelissaTaylor.org, and share your prayer needs and praises with our group. It’s an honor to come together and pray for one another!

Remember to leave a comment each time you visit! Every time you leave a comment, you will be entered to win a prize, which will be given away this Friday! This week we have a great Bible study kit that we are giving away. Details in tomorrow’s post.

Let’s Go Week 4!

Comments

1. I got behind this week and have spent the wee hours of the morning catching up. May God bless each one of you with time and rest.

2. Christine says:

Thanks for the encouraging video message! I’m looking forward to week 4! :)

3. Mona Agosto says:

I love waking up on Sunday morning to see what the next verse is. I just love that it’s week four and I’m still going strong. Week 3 was hard for me, Stress was here everyday but I just kept reminding myself that I need to seek a God more and his word. Have a blessed week all you ladies are awesome thank you for all you do.

4. Love this weeks scripture. Thanks for the video.

5. Did verse mapping for the verse and it was so powerful for me. I love verse mapping and had never heard of it before. Thanks so much for showing us how to do that, it really helps me dig deeper into the verses!! Thanks aloso for the video, I love those too!! God bless everyone this week and praying for lots of revelation from God’s word for all of us. :)

6. My schedule the first 3 weeks of this study has been crazy. The first two weeks for good reason-vacation-but last week was just overwhelmingly satan-messing-with-me stressful. Which only makes me realize all the more just how much I need to keep going with this study. I’m loving all the verses and the verse mapping. Thanks OBS team for brining this all together!

7. How amazing to wake up this morning and find this beautiful message Melissa! :) SO excited for our upcoming week! <3 I am loving learning more about my journey with God and my faults and my weaknesses yet feeling STRONGER than ever! 😀 because I know God is holding me up throughout them! <3 thank you

8. Very excited for the coming week! Thank you so much for all you put into this so that we can grow together!

9. I have that verse on a T-shirt from the band Royal Tailor. Love it!

10. Thank you Melissa for the video. I cling to this study. Still trying to find my way or allow myself to be guided by The Lord. Conforming to the world that the deceiver whispers is ok, helps my clouded mind to stay in Gods word and to be able to say NO to the deceiver. I long to be apart of a body of believers right where God has placed me physically, but I find myself being pulled back. Praying for Gods provision and guidance through this study to change my way of thinking. So blessed. Happy week four!!!! :)

• Praying for you Dawn. Reach out right here to your Jesus sisters in the meantime. I was called out of my old church for awhile and struggled with wanting that face to face contact….I was so blessed to find this OBS and the hearts of all the women in it, including the participants like yourself. Praying that He places you where you will grow, thrive and be challenged in your daily walk. ((hugs))

11. This book has been transforming my life! Amazing…. look forward to this week.

12. I am looking forward to week 4 starting tomarrow. I read chapter 4 last week. I know I am jumping ahead. I try to read a chapter when I get the time because I know things get busy in life and maybe I won’t be able to read my chapter for the week so I read it when I can get the chance. I am enjoying this study and I am able to put what I am learning into many aspects of my life with the lords help. So many times in the past few weeks stress has come upon me yet I cling to these scriptures in those times and repeating them makes the stress and struggles easier. Such a good feeling to be growing closer to the lord. God bless each and every one of us as we draw closer to him .

13. Enjoying this study. God knew what I needed Im looking forward to this next week

14. I’m looking forward to seeing what path God is leading me this week in regards to my dreams doing His work. I have no dreams for myself. I use to think I might but it’s been so hard to see through the muck and mud. I believe my husband’s negative outlook on life and he not following through on anything. I noticed no matter how hard I pray, read , and learn I can’t get my joy, peace, desire for life back. I will work hard on learning and doing the map versing this week. :-)

15. I went ahead and watched the video for this week. I can’t wait to get to this point. I am still on chapter 2 trying to catch up. I am taking my books on my trip for training this next week hoping that I will actually get to catch up. So far this study has truly helped me and I know it will continue to do so. Thank you for your prayers for peace. The next month or two are going to be very busy with new things coming my way and I really need God’s peace to get me through.

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Sherrie hope you have a good trip and training this week. I found I always got much reading done on trips if I wasn’t having to study for the training. Keep on working at it and you can do it. Praying God’s peace for you.

16. Ok I am absolutely hooked on verse mapping!! I like that there are all sorts of ways to do it. I get the most out of doing a word study on 2-4 powerful words in the verse. Just writing those definitions, synonyms and antonyms brings the verse alive. Next I do my own version of an “amplified” verse by replacing those words with the definitions and synonyms. Wowzer does it pack a punch then!

17. Elna Nel says:

I have just joined this wonderful Bible study group, so I am still trying to find my feet. So enjoyed you little video and the encouragement, thank you. I am really looking forward to see what the Lord has in store for me, so far reading the book and going through the questions has left me in tears as so many things have opened up to me. I believe the Lord has led me to just where He wants me to be right now.

• Sounds like Jeremiah 29:12 is talking to you and opening up understanding. I love when this happens

18. Thanks Melissa for the encouragement going into week 4, God BLess!!

19. Thanks Melissa for the encouragement going into week 4, God BLess!! Looking forward to the blessings God has to offer for each and everyone of the SLL group 46

20. I have already read Chap. 4 and I will read it again next week,and as I read it, all I could say was WOW,that chapter fit me to a T.After 37 yrs. of working I had to get done a yr. 1/12 ago because of stress.It has been been a time to show me I really had to depend on God fully.It has been hard at times, but He has provided.I feel Him leading me to do something with my life not sure what yet.This OBS has been such a blessing.I have not tried verse mapping yet.Thank you all and God Bless you all.

21. Thank you Melissa for your video post today, so encouraging!! I am looking forward to this week, and love the verse!! I too love the “verse mapping” what a difference it makes. The verse that kept coming back to me last week was; Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer!! When I broke this verse down, it really spoke to my heart, as I find myself in a place of hopelessness on many days, and I am trying to be patient in my afflicition of chronic illness.

I always get excited to read the new chapter to see what the Lord has in store for me! Prayers for all of you this week, as well. I pray that you find peace in Him.

22. I’m so looking forward to this week. The Bible verse that we are digging in to, in particular, is so powerful for transfomation! And, Melissa, I can’t tell you how grateful I was to just watch your sweet little video message to us. I so appreciated you reminding us, through your prayer, how important it is to Live Out what it is that we are discovering (and that God is laying upon our hearts). Thank you! I’ve printed out my verse and am rarin’ to go.

23. Looking forwrd to another “blessings filled” week with our OBS. The book is as if Tracie was writing about me – such similar circumstances, which has helped me to take the step of change. Thank you, to all who are leading and pariticipating, for blessing our lives. Here’s to another great week!!

24. Let me start by saying that I get a giggle everytime I see “Gena” posted and realize it’s not me!! For 42 years I have never known anyone else who spelled their name like me!!
    I was having a bit of a pity party today- I shared with my small group – asked for prayers and already feel them!
    I am so excited about the reflection verse- I’ve written it on my notecard and already picked out the 2 words I want to focus again when I do my version of verse-mapping! Transformed and Renewing!

25. Phyllis Wiley says:

My week this week is crazy busy – so I am actually putting on my calendar a time set aside each day for this weeks study. I am going to call it my coffee date with Jesus!

26. Today at church I had the opportunity to share Jer. 29:12 with a lady who is looking for gods peace and an understanding of her life now. We prayed and I pulled out my book and let the spirit lead me to the verses she needed. It is such a joy to be able to step out and not worry about what anyone but God thinks of me! Thank you Melissa for the sweet video. It us another confirmation that I am where I should be!

27. Fell off the wagon a bit this past week! But I am catching up today! Reading chapter 3 is like Tracie is writing about my life during the past couple of months. How encouraging it is to know that someone else went through some of the same things I have just recently. I am excited about chapter 4! Love the verse! Thank you Melissa for the sweet video! I loved it! *Prayer request for me not to get sidetracked this week!!!! I am loving this study and everything I have been learning and the people I have met online! Thank you to everyone who makes this online Bible study possible! Prayers for all! Hope everyone has a great week 4! :)

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Jade glad you are catching up. My group always has catch-up Sunday. I ask them how they are doing on Sundays. I’m excited about Ch 4 too. Can’t wait to delve into it this week.

28. Oh ,also, I love how I have Bible verses everywhere now! In and on my desk at work and I pulled my wallet out of my purse the other day and index cards fell out with the Bible verses on them! :)

• I have one in my wallet so I can see it every time I open it and the cashier at the grocery store asked me about it last week. I showed her and she read it right there in line. What a cool way to encourage others too!

• Haha! That has happened to me as well. Great way to spread the word about what Jesus is doing in my life and hopefully it brightens their day!

• I love this Jade!!!! Awesome!

29. Teresa C. says:

Melissa, You are so cute on these videos!!! THANK YOU so much for the beautiful prayer over all of us!!!!

30. Carol Bruntlett says:

Thank you Melisssa for the video love them and your prayer touched my life today thank you .
    Currently I am going thru some ruff situations in my life , finally got a job after being unemployed 5 months , just recently got my first paycheck and I cried because I haven’t had any income for the past 5 months . So that was a blessing to me a huge blessing , I like what you said we have to be transformed in our minds and I know sometimes my mind runs away and it’s hard to hear His voice , so I want His peace that only He can give and I want my mind transformed completely
    Carol

31. Failed miserably. Finally sat down to finish reading chapter 3. Every thing I was struggling with was right there. Ihad already cried out to the Lord so The encouragement, chastisement and His sweet voice were heard.

Oh my heart needed this. Praising Him for his forgiveness and praying others can forgive me too.

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

I don’t think you failed Dani. I think God wanted you at a certain place when you read that chapter. Loved the video you shared. Hang in there! We can all do this together – 1 page at a time.

32. I felt that you were praying right here with me all the way in Spain. This thin that happened today, left me raw. It was all due to stress over differences in rearing our teens age first born. I freaked. I walked out. Oh it’s so hard to admit this. I had no where to go. So far from family, everyone here are prospective souls to minister to. So when I listened to your prayer, I felt you prayinnnng for me.

Thank you Lord for Melissa and all the leaders here. Thank you Lord for being me peace through this storm. Please God pick up the pieces. Thank you Lord for being my hiding place.
    Amen

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Praying with you from USA – Texas to Spain. I am praying you will continue to feel peace and this study will lead you to that and hopefully also grow you so that others want what you have and they too will come to know Jesus.

33. I have a friend that posts a daily Bible verse and a daily quote on his Facebook page. I love today’s quote:

“God loves us the way we are but He loves us too much to leave us that way.” — Leighton Ford

34. Looking forward to seeing what God has for us this week.

35. definitely looking forward to another week of this Bible study… not to put a damper on the week but I was dealing with a lot of stress and anxiety lately and felt physically drained this week so I went to the ER this evening and my BP was quite high even though I take BP meds. I did get more meds from the doctor and should be all right. I do love the fact we are doing stress free living. I love the scriptures and verse mapping etc. our God is faithful.
    Blessings to all!
    PS love to be off the BP meds but BY His stripes I am healed

36. Today’s my birthday! Last week was very chaotic for me. Things tearing up and messing up. I got caught up in the chaos and got behind on the study, but finished reading the book and doing the discussion questions Friday and Sat. I so wished I had taken the time to read the posts cause the Take a Break card could have been just what I needed. I have decided that unless I have no internet for some reason, that this study from the Lord will be priority. I could so relate to her Hulk comment! Looking forward to this week. I had a great birthday worshipping the Lord. I really enjoyed the video as well. Renewing my mind is what I need the Lord to do for me!
    Thanks!

37. Tina Eubanks says:

Thank you Melissa for your encouraging video today. I enjoy them so much. I am looking forward to this week and how the Lord is going to speak to me. Love to all the ladies and hope everyone has a great week and that Satan has no victory in our midst.

38. Thank you so much for such a sweet, encouraging video. You are such a blessings to this ministry! I can’t wait to start week for and to really apply Romans 12:2 to my life.

I’ve had a kind rough weekend with my little guy being sick and just feeling down. Tomorrow is a new day, and I’m ready to start fresh!

Praying for you ladies and this ministry!

39. Michele Girdany says:

Starting week 4 I am commited to catching up and getting on track with my stressed less living journey. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to help discover inner peace.

40. Thank you for the video of encouragement & the prayer especially!! I look forward to each week of inspiration and digging into the book & follow up with getting into our bibles as well, to find the stress busting scriptures. This is honestly the first time that I feel I am understanding scripture. The verse mapping is something I am taking with me even after the bible study is over! Thank you to all the ladies that lead us on this journey! Praying for our hearts and minds to open for all we need to hear this week :-)

41. Has anyone else noticed this – or is it just me – since we’ve started this Bible study, my stress level has skyrocketed. It seems every situation and every person has been programmed to raise my stress. But I know it’s not them – it’s me. I must choose to not allow the person and/or circumstance raise my stress level. I must give everything to God and allow Him to take care of it all.

• Oh yes, I’ve noticed!!!! It makes me really think before selecting a new study…”hmmmm, do I really want to be challenged in this area? Because I know I will!” But it also makes me notice and know that with God, we can conquer!

42. I love this online Bible study. I started late, at week 3 so am behind in the reading but love checking in daily for the interaction and encouragement. I am excited for week 4 and really need to figure out how to de-stress. I do believe through God all things are possible and feel peace already. Thanks so much!!

43. I’m excited to start this weeks study. Life has seemed so stressful lately but I feel like already I am starting to rely more on God and h e a little bit more of His peace. I’ve been putting our weekly verses up on my bathroom mirror and I really think its helped me to keep my focus more on Him this past week.

44. Jeanie Kelley says:

Looking forward to this weeks study. Loved the video this morning. Blessings to you.

45. Each week I see improvement in myself and how I am handling stress. It occurred to me today that I had eaten healthfully all week; had prayed about it, wrote it in my journal, but God took over and made it happen. Work in my new dept is going well and I can see that God has placed me there to work on some personality conflicts between a supervisor and two of her staff. I will be taking over the supervisors position at some point, but I feel that He wants me to teach her some life skills and how to work with others without causing stress. Then today, I lost all my Proverbs 31 notes on my phone; didn’t stress about it, went back to chapter one and rewrote everything I had marked with a highlighter and actually gained more insight. Thank you Jesus for making my phone loose part of its information it was storing. Loved Melissa’s video, thanks.

46. I really like this verse. It came up a lot when I was reading the book Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I did the verse mapping last week and it really made a difference. I got a lot more out of it. I will definitely do that again this week.

47. Thank you so much for the message in the video, Melissa. I felt like you were speaking directly to me, and I felt encouraged and filled with happy expectations. This Bible study has been such a blessing to me and I have already been introduced to so many brand new (to me) scriptures. My heart is open and being filled.

48. I am geared up for week 4! I love these Bible studies and I don’t ever want to go back to a life without them! God bless you all and have a wonderful, and hopefully stressed-less week!

49. Jada Smith says:

Woohoo for week 4! Thank for this wonderful Bible study! :)

50. Cherise (Zoegirl) says:

I am excited for what God is going to show me this week. I feel renewed and now waiting for instructions :) Speak to me Lord I am waiting.