May 1

Let’s Sail Away~ Fun, Sun, & Son

All my life I wanted to go on a cruise! I’ve always had this thing about the ocean. It fascinates me. So the thought of being on a big boat with all the comforts of home (plus more!) seemed exciting to me!

My mother took our family on our first cruise in 2007. It was so much fun! Good food, good times, lots of sunshine, and the ocean was EVERYWHERE! My favorite part of it all was watching the sun rise and set and seeing the moon’s reflection in the beautiful ocean each evening.

My next cruise was a Girls Getaway Cruise with Premier Christian Cruises. This took my cruise experience to whole new level. Still the same beautiful ocean, but instead of being with my family (which I loved) I was with a bunch of my Christian girlfriends! Good food, good times, lots of sunshine, the ocean, and TONS of laughter plus the presence of Jesus everywhere you went! It was the perfect balance of spiritual filling and fun!

Now before I go any further, let me just say~ I know a cruise isn’t for everyone. I know it’s not possible for everyone. But if you need a fun & healthy break from life and it’s a possibility for you, let me invite you to join me and the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team for a Girls Getaway Cruise!

Girls Getaway Cruise Ship

Girls Getaway Cruise

Friendships are built upon shared experiences. The Girls Getaway Cruise  is an experience you’ll treasure forever

Cruise with us October 3–7, 2013 and you won’t have to make dinner or your bed. You’ll only make memories.

Gather up your girlfriends, daughters, moms and grandmothers, and get them a cabin on the Girls Getaway Cruise this October! http://premier.cta.gs/007

From morning devotions to hilarious comedy at night, our cruise in October has something for everyone!

You’ll get to meet and hang out with all your Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study friends! We’ll have special times planned just for us! Any Proverbs 31 Ministries and Renee Swope fans out there? She’s going to be hanging out with us too! She’s one of our special guests!

GGA-Renee-Banner-Updated-2_24_13

The Dove Award-winning band, Selah, will be our music leader for the Girls Getaway Cruise.

Like comedy? Leslie Norris Townsend’s Comedy Angels will be our cruise entertainment. They. Are. Hilarious.

Need a roommate? Chances are, our roommate finder can help. Learn more! http://premier.cta.gs/005

There are cabins available for only $898 each  (double occupancy) per person and only $848 with the $100 per cabin discount being offered.
And with that cabin you get a FREE hotel night at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa (see picture below) AND free transportation from the hotel to the cruise port and then back to the airport after the cruise.

You deserve a break. By “break,” we mean blue skies, soft sand, ocean breezes, and quality time with your BFFs.

Girls Getaway Take a Break by the sea

From Port Canaveral to Half Moon Cay, you and the girls can “getaway” amid God’s glorious creation!

Our Girls’ Getaway stop in Nassau puts you minutes away from Atlantis, one of the Caribbean’s most popular attractions.

Florida to Nassau to Half Moon Cay, in the company of those who know you best and still think you’re amazing!

Girls Getaway buena VistaNot only are we throwing in a free night at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, but you can get 10% off Walt Disney World tickets while you’re in the area!  You know I’ll be making a stop to visit the happiest place on earth before heading back to reality!

wdw-mk-mickey

So, what do you say? Check it out and see if it’s possible for you. If so, treat yourself and get away with us! Nothing would make me happier than to get to hug all of my OBS friends in person!!! If you are going, please let us know! We are already busy making special plans just for you!

Incredible Bible teaching + uplifting music + your best friends + great food + surrounded by God’s beauty = Girls’ Getaway Cruise.

You can sign up here and don’t forget to use the special Promo Code “Proverbs 31” to get your $100 dollar discount!

Bon Voyage!

Comments

1. I am so looking forward to spending a few days with my awesome Proverbs 31 OBS team and hopefully many (HUGE AMOUNTS) of the incredible ladies that participate in P31 studies every day!!!! Nothing makes me happier than Praising and Worshipping God with my favorite people – those people that work beside me every day as we continue to grow in Him in order to become the best disciples we possibly can and work together to multiply His kingdom. After all, isn’t that what it’s all about? So many beautiful Women of God all in one place! How exciting. I know God will be working in lives and will do amazing things on this trip! Can’t wait to see how He shows out! <3

2. Roseanne says:

The cruise sounds wonderful! This is my first online study, is the cruise every year? If so I will have to save up for next year.

• Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

I’m curious, too, Roseanne. I sure hope so…I could start saving up this year to go next year!!! 😀

• Me three, on that idea. Saving up for it for the following year sounds like a ton of fun! And, will really give me something to look forward to as I continue to get to know all of you OBS ladies.

3. Christa H.(OBS Leader) says:

Oh my goodness. The very definition of Less Stress!! I can not wait for this cruise! So many of my favorite women all in one place, worshipping, learning, growing all together. You will find me on a sunny deck, relaxing and soaking it in. I hope many many of you are able to join us!

4. Debbie Williams (OBS Group Leader) says:

Cruise sounds awesome!

5. Stephanie W. says:

I just went on my first cruise with my family and LOVED it! This sounds amazing!!

6. Christine says:

Enjoy the cruise, ladies! I get anxious at the thought of being “stuck” on a boat (yes, even a very large one) for a specified period of time. I also get very sick on boats, but I have heard that cruise ships are different. Still, I’ll keep my feet on dry land. 😉

• Renee D. says:

Christine, I was thinking the same thing. I have never been on a cruise, I am actually afraid to think of being out on the ocean like that :-( But we will see what comes up in my future. My boyfriend wants to take me on a cruise and I hope and pray to get over my fear!

7. Andrea says:

I am determined to have a better day today. Not that yesterday was bad, but it could have been better. And all my stress was really something I have control over – my mind. This study is really helping me be more aware of my thoughts and what’s causing me to feel more stressed. Now that I can more easily recognize this I can do something about it. I can use my de-stressing techniques to calm my mind and then I can focus on God. Once I let God in anything is possible. I know the devil is at work trying to get me to doubt it’s possible to really feel peaceful and calm every single day. But why not? Anything is possible with God.

• The devil is always at work trying to make us doubt! Praying you find God’s peace every day! :)

• Stephanie W. says:

Andrea, I can so relate. My life is very stressful, but lots of it I create myself. This study is amazing in helping with recognizing what my stressors are and to turn to God first. So glad that you are making headway in your stressful life. Praying for you on this journey.

8. Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

I love Selah’s music. It sounds like everyone who goes on the cruise is going to have a wonderful time. Happy sailing!!!

9. This sounds delightful! I’m am so going to be saving my pennies for the following year. Sun, Sand, Son, and friends? What could be better?!?!

10. Janet F says:

Love all the speakers and music, maybe next time. Would love to go!!! Have a fun all who are going!!!

11. Linda Leighton says:

I’m going! I so cannot wait to spend wonderful girlfriend time with my Sweet Jesus Sisters! What an amazing opportunity for ladies spread out all over the country to meet together in one place! I did a cruise last year with Premier Christian Cruises and I made so many new, life-long friends that I would never have known, and in a gorgeous tropical setting worshipping The Lord! Throw in Disney and this girl’s heart is excited! I hope many of you will be able to join us!

12. Karen R. says:

I would love to go on a cruise! Like many have said maybe I can start saving for next year because I am doing a Dirty Girls Mud Run around that time!

I am loving the study! I am not quite through with Ch. 4 but boy does it hit home. I am doing the verse mapping and love it!! My pastor also said each morning to get up and read a Psalm (145-150ish) to remind me to thank God! I think that is an awesome idea! Even in stress I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever!

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Karen,
      I love that idea about waking up and reading a Psalm. I am starting that tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing!

• Karen R. says:

Hopefully this will start our day out better as we focus on thanksgiving and praise to God rather than our to do list!! LOL

13. Hmmmmmm …. originally didn’t think there was any way I could go. We were due to go on a special anniversary getaway to Hawaii Oct. 12-19, but now have rescheduled that for April, 2014. Praying for wisdom and God’s provision!! =)

14. cruises are amazing! the food, beauty – the ocean – God’s glory is in it all! To top it off – being with Proverbs 31 girls = well, is the icing on the vacation!!!!

15. Pamela says:

I love Selah’s music….and water. I will have to plan for the following year for a cruise!

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Pamela,
      Me too! I love Selah and I will have to start planning for next year:-)

16. Polly Schneider says:

It sounds like a lot of fun and great fellowship, unfortunately I won’t be able to go. But maybe someday I will. I can look forward to it.

17. that looks SO fun! 😀 😀 I bet you are going to have an amazing time !:D

18. Sounds like awesome fun!

19. Does any one know which airport to fly into. Woukd need to fly to florida and then back to san diego? Probably need to plan for next year.

• Jessica says:

Hi Diana,

As a former FL resident I would recommend Orlando or Tampa. Tampa is certainly cheaper (and a super nice airport!) but you would need a car to get to Port C.

• Christa H. (OBS leader) says:

Diana,
      You would definitely want to fly to Orlando. You can get a shuttle to the hotel. Then Premier is providing transportation from the hotel to the cruise and from the cruise back to the airport. Hope you can make it!

20. Jessica says:

How wonderful! Wish I could go and take my Mother and maybe even my Mimi (i.e. Grandmother). Will pray about this, currently looks out of reach for this year.

21. I would so love to go but don’t have the money for it. Have been on 2 cruises before and I loved them. Would so love to go again, especially this one. Will be thinking of you all.

22. Katrina says:

Sounds awesome! Always wanted to go on a cruise. Will definately have to plan on this for a future one :)

23. I am booked and so looking forward to this cruise, I am hoping we do some bible studies with these great authors and ministry teams in person. I love the On line bible studies but in person is so much more personable. I love their video clips with the studies. Keep up the amazing work you wonderful women of Proverb 31 Ministries.
    Barb

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Hi Barb,
      You are going to have so much fun. I am so excited you get to go. Next year will be my year:-)

24. This sounds wonderful! Definitely something to think about! I’ve always wanted to to go on a cruise!

25. A cruise sounds awesome!! I WILL be saving money for the next one!!

• Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

I must say. I have been on 1 cruise and that might be the only type of BIG vacation we will ever take. It was awesome!

26. Would love to go, but not going to make it this year. My sister and I have discussed doing it next year;)

27. Cruises sound great, but with the few horrible incidents that have occurred over the last couple of years, I am a little leary of taking on that new adventure.

28. This sounds so wonderful. It does fall right after my 50th birthday on October 1, 2014… maybe I can talk my hubby into this as a gift. Most likely not… but it will be on my TO DO list until I know it can’t be. I’ve never been on a cruise… always was a little scared… but I used to be scared of planes, but I fly as often as I can now. Anyway…just blabbering… but it DOES sound wonderful!
    Lisa :)

29. Ashley Couturier says:

I would absolutely love to go on this, unfortunately this year I’m thinking it will be a bit out of reach. My husband is a firefighter and we have two young kids so I can’t just up and run away…although that would be lovely!!! I agree with some of the other ladies maybe if this is an annual thing I can jump in next year or something :) What a great opportunity and I wish many blessings and lots of fun to the ladies who can go :)

30. Lisa Cromwell : Cruise Group Leader For Premier Chriastian cruises says:

Hi ladies,
    Can’t wait to meet all of you,we will be Sailing to Half Moon Cay, Bahamas to Nassau, Bahamas. All the while we will be loving on each other and rejuvenating our spirits in God’s glory! If you want to go and be with a group or need a roommate, email me back we would LOVE for you to join us..cromwelld61@yahoo.com

31. Vashti says:

Oh that sounds like a blast!! Praying for all who will be attending!!

32. Gena C says:

I am praying that this is something God provides for me someday! I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise and I so desire that fellowship with other “sisterchicks”!

33. amy black says:

as I would like nothing more than to do just that. .I simply am just making it…my husband got hurt last may and can no longer work… but , I have high hopes for a money making miracle that I may be able to maybe go next time.. I hope yall have SO much fun ,,I can just see myself , out on deck, where I can see only ocean and sky, with my Bible and me and GOd in the morning… um… one day I will… God willing and I hope it is with yall… maybe when I get my job there at p31 ,…lol that’s my dream…. anyways… love you Melissa,, and look so forward to meeting you one day… either here, or in heaven… love

34. Melanie says:

Want to thank God for the wonderful day I had. It did rain most of day and some events that happened today weren’t to pleasant, but I made it through the day and I knew God was there beside me. I know that I need to spend more time in prayer and study and am determined to do so. I am thankful for my family and their safety.

35. Carol Bruntlett says:

Awe that cruise sounds so inviting , but unfortunately I can’t make this one would love to meet all my OBS sisters that would for sure be a stress less vacation
    One day soon God will have us all meet
    I would so love to meet Melissa and all the other proverbs 31 gals that would be my dream to meet each and everyone of you .
    Maybe we can do a meet and greet one day and then we can have a blast.
    Thank you Ladies .
    Carol

36. I would enjoy a cruise right now!

37. I love cruising and that one sounds amazing! Maybe next year. Can’t wait to hear all about it. Recently found your blog and so excited about your online studies. Can’t wait for July and the Lysa K study “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God”. I loved that book!

38. The cruise sounds so much fun!! It would be a great time to de-stress and be with sisters in Christ!!

39. Today is National Day of Prayer, and God laid it on my heart this morning to lead my place of work in a prayer today. So, I’m going to be leading the people who I work with in prayer for our country. Please pray for me as I do this. Thank you!

40. A cruise…I wish! I hope that whoever can go has a great time! =)

41. Wow this sounds wonderful. I am going to have to seriously pray about this. It would be a great birthday present for my only daughter who was born in October.

42. Love love love a cruise. 😀

43. Would be fun! – Dani

44. Mary G. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Praying for God to provide and I am there! If it’s not the right time I will start saving for next year!!!