May 6

SLL Week 5, Day 1 ~Bible Verse

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14

A promise worth pondering. The presence of the Lord will go with us, wherever we go, and give us rest!

The words in this verse were spoken to Moses in Exodus 33 as he went before the Lord. In this chapter, Moses pleads with God for His presence to continue with the entire Israelite people. You see, God was irritated with the Israelites due to their constant doubting and disobedience. The Lord even warned Moses that His Presence would not continue to go on with the Israelites because if He did, He may not be able to hold back His judgment on them.

And yet Moses implores the Lord to go on with them because He knows without the presence and hand of the Lord, they will be like everyone else in the world. How can they continue to be God’s chosen people if God will not travel with them?

And the Lord grants Moses request. He continues on with them.

Over the past week I have felt a bit abandoned by the presence of the Lord. Stress has lain upon my heart and twirled itself around my neck like a heavy binding wet blanket. Work has been tough. Home has been unusually busy. And the bills just keep stacking up higher and higher.

Today I got on my knees before the Lord, not because I am holy or deserving of meeting with Him, but because I know this is the only place where my hope can be found – when I choose to purposefully posture myself before the glory of the Lord and His righteousness.

As I knelt there on the floor the word Halal came to mind. I didn’t know what it meant, but it just kept popping in my head. So of course when I arose from the prayer position, I had to google it. The first thing I found for the meaning of the word was a way that Muslims prepare meat. Well, I  knew that wasn’t what the Lord was speaking to my heart, so I dug a bit deeper and found a different meaning in the Hebrew lexicon. Please click here now to read it.

I also found this link to Halal as it is in reference to forming part of the Word Hallelujah. I wanted to share a quote from this page with you here:

“Halal denotes an exuberance, for whatever reason. It takes no great poetic leap to see symmetry between the shining of a star and the praising of a worshiper, certainly also because in the Bible true believers are compared to stars (Daniel 12:3). Halal denotes a letting go of restraints and inhibitions, and, entirely depending on the heart behind it, can result in either a complete surrender to God’s control, or a detrimental flight without anyone at the helm. Halal can turn to either a most holy expression of devotion or else a blasphemous display of derangement.”

Look at the phrase I emphasized with bold and italics. Halal denotes a letting go of restraints, which can be good or bad depending on the heart behind it. As we come upon Chapter 5 of Stressed Less Living, I am all to aware that I need to Halal. I need to let go of restraints that are holding me back from the Lord. And one of those greatest restraints is stress. When I am stressed I make excuses like I don’t have time for prayer…or I don’t have time to do Bible study with my children…or I am irritable and rude towards my husband. I can even be irritable and snappy with God.

This week I want to challenge you to let go in the throne room of grace, not just once, but every day this week. Get down on your knees (if you are able) as you pray, and unbridle your hearts desire in worship and request before the Lord.  I want you to go into the Lord’s presence just as Moses did and plead for a more and a deeper understanding of His presence. Not just for you, but for your people. For your family and your sisters and brothers in Christ. Because only with a deeper understanding of the Lord and His will can we Take Back our Lives from control and deprivation by stress.

Take the time to look up the scriptures on page 115 of your Stressed Less Living book (the end of Chapter 5). They are listed here as well.

Colossians 2:9-10

Ephesians 2:10

Proverbs 10:12

Exodus 33:14

Psalm 37:3-5

Then share with us! Share what scripture you will choose to study a bit deeper and maybe verse map. Also, I would LOVE for you to share about your experience as you go on your knees to the throne room of grace before the Lord. What did He speak to your heart…how will you apply His Words for you this week?

And of course we have another giveaway this week! This week we will be giving away  a book by Tara Furman called Intimacy with God: Your Daily Guide to Prayer. Every time you comment you are entered to win. Also, if this book looks like something you could use, you can also order it off of the Proverbs 31 store by clicking here.

Have a great week ya’ll! Can’t wait to spend it in the Word and on my knees with you!

Love, Stephanie Clayton

Comments

1. The Exodus verse stands out to me today. I looked up other translations and these words and phrases stood out to me as well: peace, victory, [God will] lead you, see the journey to the end, all will be fine. ‘All will be fine’ is the part that finally started to put my mind at ease. I just found out that I’m pregnant again after two miscarriages. We have a 2yr. old daughter, so it’s been difficult to understand why things haven’t worked out for us after having a healthy pregnancy and child. My mind and emotions are a swirling mess of opposing thoughts and feelings. Excitement and hope for what might be, but yet fear, worry, and anxiety for what can (and has happened before). I am trying to apply all that I am learning to my current situation. I can control what I can control, but the rest is in God’s hands. When it’s in God’s hands all will be fine. I’m praying God stay with and give me peace. I know in my mind that God is with me. I’m just waiting to feel it in my heart.

2. Denise says:

As I was reading through Exodus 33, I couldn’t help become joyful at the thought of a man being in the presence of God! Wow! How awesome! Moses spent 40 days on the mountain with God, and then it later talks about other times when his face glowed after he had been in the presence of God. Can you imagine?! God actually coming down and conversing with you. The glow of his magnificence so great that you then glow because of it. We have such an awesome God to come down and dwell among us, caring for us, and giving us guidance. That would be so cool to really, physically be in the presence of God. Wow!

3. Lynn Graham says:

I choose scripture: Ephesians 2:10 because it spoke to me more than the others. God’s intention is that our salvation will result in acts of service. we are not saved merely for our own benefit but to serve Christ and build up the church. we are God’s workmanship our salvation is something only God can do. it is his powerful, creative work in us. if God considers us his works of art, we dare not treat ourselves or others with disrespect.

4. I have been struggling to find any rest. The Lord has come thru, but man have I had to fight for it in prayer. I spent time this morning reading thru my World Vision catalog. I love supporting our 2 sponsored children, and of course I am aware of the plight of so many, but actually reading the stories, what World Vision ministries are doing, and what people are sacrificing to do God’s work both convicted me and gave me rest. My stress, what a joke. I have innumerable resources, and I am not affluent. My kids though have a roof, love, food, clean water, and every other need. I have bills, deadlines, everyone pulling at me, and I AM BLESSED. Blessed to have people who need me, blessed to have resources to pull from and God will provide since I am careful and diligent with His money, blessed to have a messy house to clean and laundry to do. I don’t feel stressed, but blessed. I will ask God to help me find time in the day for what is pressing, and put aside that which isn’t until it is, if ever. The God who is in control of my life is totally trustworthy.

5. Denise says:

Whoops. I didn’t finish reading the scriptures before I posted my last message. The final scripture reference Psalm 37:3-5 is one of my favorite verses. “Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” (NIV)

My pastor has referenced this verse during several of his sermons, and the way he put it really stuck with me. This verse is not just saying that God will give you whatever you want. Rather, it is stating that God will actually make your heart desire for the things that are in His will for you.

This means that I will desire and seek after the good things that God has planned for me. I do not need to fear that He will call me to something that I will not want to do. For He will place these desires within me, and I will delight in seeking after them.

May you delight in all that the Lord has planned for you!

6. Kristen B says:

I have decided to dig into both Exodus 33:14 and Ephesians 2:10 this week. Ephesians 2:10 spoke to me as I am struggling with finding God’s will/purpose for my life. SO I think studying these two together this week will be great for me!

7. I love when we are given specific instruction to follow like in Psalm 37:3-5 – Trust, Delight, Commit. I’m going to put this together with Stephanie’s idea of getting on my knees. Instead of asking this week (please God, fix this…change that, etc), I’m just going to follow instructions and listen.

8. What a wonderful challenge to put out there! Spending daily quiet time with God in prayer is essential to living my life – simply because it helps me keep the right perspective. When you keep the focus on God, through prayer, it makes your problems – whatever they might be – seem smaller … Maybe because your focus is on God, and all of His Promises, and His Goodness and His Love <3

9. Carissa D. Huffman says:

Psalm 37:3-5 I am in the midst of a long waiting time, and it is easy to become weary of the wait. He knows and will provide the desires of my heart. I need that reminder–but, I need to also seek Him and change my day to day living.

I am hearing this message left and right, even from sources that aren’t the Bible. My boss posted a quote about leaving behid what you don’t love in order to do what you do love, and, in so doing, make a huge difference in the world. If I want to love the Lord more, I have to drop some of the things I have been doing, and pick up something else–then, He will give me the desire of my heart–more of Him in my life.

Thanks so much for this!
    Carissa in eastern Iowa

10. Nancy Miksad says:

This was and is so beautiful. I loved it and I believe kneeling before Jesus gives a sense of surrendering, honor and love. I do this with a sense of admiration and honor. When I do this the Lord always give me a sense of Peace and comfort. j
    Thank you for sharing this ~ I needed it!

11. Courtney says:

God’s words are so encouraging and uplifting! Lately, I have been struggling with finding my God given talent, and the purpose of my life. I have been a stay at home mom of a wonderful 3 year old American Bulldog named Sookie, but I want more. My wonderful husband enourages and supports me in all my endeavers. But, Lord, what is it that you will have me to?! I have many things I enjoy, but have no clear direction on which way to go and what career to pursue. So, this week I think the verses that are fitting to my circumstances are Ephesians 2:10, and Psalm 37:3-5. God has created my path according to His will. I will use this week and these verses to ask God what is it He will have me to do to uplift his name.

12. After dancing in the tornado of my life this weekend I learned a few things. The truths God shared with me are really found in the verses because hating right now is easy for me to muster up in my resentment. And trying to love beyond that is really hard. And the second because God has been telling me that he is with me and I don’t have to do this alone.

Proverbs 10:12
    Hatred stirs up conflict,
    but love covers over all wrongs.

Exodus 33:14
    The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

13. Jessica says:

Trust, Obedience, Delight, Quicken. These words really stuck with me while reading the scriptures this afternoon, especially Psalm 37:3-5. Wowza! I looked up the definitions in studylight.org as well as Spurgeon’s commentary and discovered how related these terms are to one another! While I have known for some time that I struggle with trusting the Lord, I have not really delved into thinking about how I might change this about myself (HELLO! Prayed all week last week for what changes He would have me make….here we go! Duh!). Here are a few definitions that stuck with me today.

Trust: Confidence, a reliance of another, charge received in confidence, credit to another without examination, to commit to care of, in confidence of future payment
    ~Psalm 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God,be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of they wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

I love how KJV uses the word “calamities”!! Boy do I feel like I’m going through one right now. King David says some important things here that struck me: 1. Please, Lord! Help! (I’m great at this one). 2. I trust you God! (eekk, during “calamities” and even smooth sailing days, I struggle with trust) 3. I will seek shelter druing this time under you, God (Oh boy, I often turn to all kinds of other resources before I come to God) and 4. Until this is OVER.—-David knew his plight was temporary..and so is ours. Whatever is causing our stress, it will not be with us FOREVER.

God has quickened us and we are not only made alive in him, but have a “keener perception” by which we now know, as we are no longer spiritually dead, that to be obedient is an act of trust in him. He doesn’t ask our opinion when he gives us a commandment, but rather wants us to trust his will and just do it! When we trust God and are obedient, he DELIGHTS in us! We please him!

Quicken: made alive, reinvigorated, resuscitated as from death or inamiate state, to refresh by new supplies of comfort or grace

Obedience: Submission to authority,Voluntary, Dignity of conduct, Compliance with a command or duty

Delight: to please God, a desire/pleasure to do his commandments

Finally, wanted to share a nice summary my study bible has of David’s instructions for peace (especially when seeing the “wicked” prosper) in Psalm 37: Fret not, Do not be envious, Trust, Do God, Delight they self also in the Lord, Commit they way, Trust, Rest, Wait Patiently, Fret not, Cease from anger, Forsake wrath, Fret not.

14. Today I woke up angry! I have been so mad that I have let the circumstances of the past affect the present. Proverbs 10:12 spoke to me loud and clear. It smacked me in the face and I needed to hear it.
    Proverbs 10:12- Hatred stirs up conflict but love covers over all wrongs!
    I love it! God works in wonderful ways!

• Karen Wilson says:

yes He does Renee! Thanks for your transparency
      love
      to you and the rest OBS sisters

15. Trust…Psalm 37:3-5 spoke to me. It tells us to trust God over and over. If we dig deeper we see we must commit everything to him, our lives, our families, jobs, possessions. We need to surrender, to take it off our shoulders and give it to God. Not only that but to trust that he can care for us better than we can care for ourselves. The hard part is waiting patiently for him to work out what is best for us. Trust, trust, trust. I’m ready to trust!

16. Kim C. says:

I really enjoyed learning about the origin of the word “Hallelujah”. Having the Hebrew words “Halal”and “Jah” (which is another word for YWHW) – meaning to let go of restraints and giving ultimate devotion to God. God is so cool!

The start of this week has been a bit different; a good different. My prayer this past week have been to help my unbelief and to trust in God that He can heal me from my, at times, debilitating anxiety. My mantra has been saying the words, “I trust you, Lord. I trust you.” For the past couple of days, I haven’t had a constant knot in my chest and actually feel at peace. I know I’m not cured, but it’s a great start. I’m thankful for these bible verses in this study so I can refer to them anytime and get my barrings.

The verse that I would like to verse map is Psalm 37:3-5, “Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.” I feel that I need to focus more on trusting the Lord, and to dwell in Him. I’m looking forward to what I discover in the verse mapping exercise. :)

17. I will be working on Exodus 33:14. I have really been feeling God’s leading to rest in His presence. This verse is the perfect reminder!

18. Wow talk about some good scripture! Two of them really stood out to me. I love how in Ephesians 2:10 it says we are HIS masterpiece, and that he has created us anew in Christ Jesus so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. After i thought on it for awhile I just think back about to all the things He has done for me and am so excited for what he has in store next. Yes the waiting part is hard and being patient tests our faith but in the end he always gives us more than we can imagine. The other verse that struck me was the one in Exodus- how he is always with us and will give us rest. When our family had to pack up and move a few months ago for my husbands job to a different state, i knew for one thing God would be with us, and reading this verse now and looking back how he was there every step and still is. So when I start to get a little home sick, i remember He has done so many things and he has given us rest. Its so good to know when we are getting burden, stressed that we can lay it down at his feet and he is there to care for us.

19. Christa H. (OBS leader) says:

I spent time with Psalm 37:3-5 this morning because I wanted to dig into the part that said “live safely” in the version printed in the book….what does that mean? I looked at several translations and found it unusual that the translations of the second half of v. 3 varied so much. Some versions talked about being fed, prospering, being safe, enjoy security. Others mentioned faithfulness…cultivate faithfulness, live on the land and farm faithfulness. It reminds me that the only security I have is found in God’s faithfulness to me. I need to cultivate a life that is faithful to him so that I can enjoy the safety he brings to me. When I feel safe, I can relax, and know that He has my back…I don’t have to try so hard.

20. Angela Raker says:

For we are God’s masterpiece is what stood out to me. I know that no matter what happens in my life, God created this journey specifically for me.

21. linnea says:

I give myself over to God. He has a plan for my life

22. Vashti says:

For me psalm 37:3-5 spoke to me the most. I sensed my Father telling me to focus on Him moment by moment. I don’t have to keep “planning” out my days alone because He desires to hear from me. When I choose to trust Him with matters of my day big & small I will be feeding in His faithfulness resting in His presence that is with me :)

23. Tricia (OBS facebook small group leader) says:

I’m going to be studying Ephesians 2:10 deeper this week. Going to try my hand at verse mapping it out too. That is the verse that’s speaking to me the most as we start this week.

24. I am feeling terribly discouraged this week. Before I started this study I had pushed God aside after years of what probably was wandering in the desert or at least in my mind. I have homeschooled for 11 years and my kids love it. But for the last 5 years my husbands business has struggled to the point that we are in massive debt(have posted about this before) When I started this study I found new hope and a vehicle to open my heart once again to God. And while I know that God has blessed me in the last few weeks, I am struggling with the fact that there seems no end to this financial mess. I’m praying that I have not been so distracted or in cruise mode that I have missed the turn, but it seems like such an emotional upheaval to put our kids into school and start looking for work. 11 years of not working leaves me very unqualified. I know God can do amazing things but I just keep running around in circles with what if’s. I have opted for other work at home options, but they are slow to produce income and I’m not even sure if this is what God wants for me anyway as it is not a strong desire just a hunch. I would love someone to pray for me as this is one of my biggest stressors and has been for a long time. Kerry

• Lord Jesus I pray for Kerry and this huge need. You alone can meet this need in her life and the life of her family. I pray she will cast her burden on you and that in so doing you will sustain her and show her Your great and mighty power to over come in all things. This may be impossible for her but it is always possible for you. Thank you Jesus, amen

25. The verse that helps me is : Exodus 33:14. The Lord replied, ” My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” I want and need His Presence and His rest. The stress I had lived in for months has taken a toll and now I am clinging to the Presence of God to bring me to His Fullness and rest. I cannot imagine how I would ever survive with His Presence!

26. Tracey Knafel says:

Exodus 33:14 is a great scripture for this week and I want to really dig into this one. It referred me to Psalm 86:11 which I love as well. “Teach my your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” I stayed more focused on this promise today and actually Monday wasn’t all that bad :)

27. I don’t know why but I could not read this until just this very moment. It was like every time I tried something came up but as I sit here now, my children in bed, the house quiet and tears streaming down my face. I know what I have to let go of amd I know I keep taking it back after giving it away. Psalm 37:3-5, is a very personal passage for me. I see it frequently just as I am today amd I feel as though God is reaffirming what He’s already made known to me.

28. Exodus 33:14 The Lord replied My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
    This is the verse that spoke to me the loudest. So many times I forget who prepares the way for me and because I forget I tend to map my own way–I don’t need to tell you all how those days end up. Today I’m reminded of how God’s way is always best no matter how attractive the worlds way is. I will be digging in deeper and will be trying to do the verse mapping.

29. Robin P says:

What a week last week! We were able to spend the last of my Aunt’s days by her bedside. I treasure those moments. She is with her maker now basking in His glory, but we miss her so much! Needless to say there was a lot of stress in my life last week and we were so busy! I am looking forward to time with God this week and learning to let go of some things causing me stress!

30. Karen Wilson says:

love going deeper with the Hebrew meaning of the word halal –
    and about letting go of restraints – it’s like the verse – Hebrews 12:1-2 part of 1 – lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us!
    what a blessing we can go to the throne room of grace!

31. Elaine says:

I am excited about this week’s scriptures. Psalms 37:3-5 is speaking volumes. As well as exodus. So I am going to have a busy verse mapping week. It never hurts to be reminded that God has plans already mapped out. We just have to trust and wait while he uses his good and perfect timing to get us where he wants us to be. At rest and in His perfect peace …

32. I needed to hear this message today. I had a hard day today and I’m thinking about changing jobs. I’ve been thinking about it for 4 years now and I’m now ready to do it. Hearing the Exodus passage really encouraged me to really get out there and actually do it. God will go with me and He will be my guide. I have no idea which direction to go in but I am trusting that God will guide me in the right direction.

33. I am really needing this verse tonight. Exodus 33:14. It has been a stressful night with a family situation. I know I need to turn it over to God and allow him to handle it and to give me rest. I am thinking I need to handle this, but know it is only through the grace of God that this situation will be handled the way it should. Please keep me in prayer and that my growth will stay strong so that HE will be shown through me.

34. Wow, thanks for a great start to this week. All of these verses are powerful reminders of our need for Christ. Only through Christ are we brought to fullness. Our power and purpose comes from Him. I praise God and I am reminded that He has my trust. I cannot wait to dive deeper into this chapter.

35. jackie s says:

Exodus 33:14 will be studied this week. “MY presence (not someone that stands in for God – HIS presence) will be with ME(!) and rest will be given. It doesn’t say that rest might occur. It says that rest WILL HAPPEN.
    I must claim this verse this week. I must get on my knees and claim this verse.

36. Delesa says:

I say thank you for your words of encouragement and understanding Gods words. As I gotten on my knees after reading each scriptures and vision how blessed my family and I are and God’s love. As today went I carried halal over as I came in contact with others. Yet Proverbs 10:12 came forth over and over then Exodus 33:14 pulled thru “My presence will go with you, and I will giv eyou rest”. God is so awesome… I came home and the presence of God was all over our home. Praise went up… Jesus Jesus Jesus

37. Delesa says:

Father God In the name of Jesus My prayer is for our sister Kerry may she halal as she take these steps to the next level. Amen

38. Psalm 37…wow! God wants to just draw us closer and closer to Him…trust, delight and commit, and it’s all ours–a life of peace and happiness. I loved how you shared in your definition of Halal that it “denotes an exuberance, for whatever reason. It takes no great poetic leap to see symmetry between the shining of a star and the praising of a worshiper, certainly also because in the Bible true believers are compared to stars (Daniel 12:3).” That just struck me as being so awesome…true believers are compared to stars. What a wonderful feeling! In God’s eyes, I’m a star, and He keeps me safe and gives me the desires of my heart, just for trusting Him and taking delight in Him.

39. I have such a high pressure week ahead of me at work, y’all. Please pray for me to keep it all together at work and at home and to somehow navigate through it with as little personally imposed stress as possible.

40. I can’t even explain what a blessing it is to read through all these comments. You all are so wise! And confident! And even when fearful, trusting in The Lord and His will. So honored to be studying alongside such blessed faithful Godly women. All of you are treasured…loved…redeemed…and called by name to Him. What a blessing and what amazing grace and joy!

41. I made a point this morning at work to read today’s assignment and even looked up all the scripture because I have a crazy week ahead of me. God knew that I needed to hear each word and spend some time in prayer from my desk. One of my employees whom I really depend on wont be in this week at all. She is on bed rest at 6 weeks along in her pregnancy. You all can be praying for her! Even with this news I had complete peace because there is no way I’m going to get everything done but by the GRACE of God! I’m exhausted tonight but still at peace. Thank you Jesus!!

42. I picked Psalm 37:3-5. This just really spoke to me right of saying trust in the Lord, Amen if we can trust in Him how things would go so much smoother and we would have such less stress. Commit EVERYTHING you do to the LORD, not just what you want to relinquish control of, not just the easy things but EVERYTHING!

43. I really like the Exodus verse and the Psalm verses. I am looking at a busy week ahead, and knowing His presence is with me, and He will give me rest really gives me peace.

44. Lauren Beach(OBS Group Leader) says:

Stephanie ~ Thank you I needed this today and I am joining you this week in your challenge. It has been a rough couples weeks as i lost a dear friend who was only 29 years old to cancer but I know she is with God, ~ she loved God and had her eyes fixed on the lord! Today we said our Good-Byes until we meet in Heaven!

I needed these Bible Verses today and I wanted to share with you on
    Psalm 37:3-5

We had a guest Pastor (Pastor Daniel Fusco) at our church not to long back who did his study on Psalm 37 and I wanted to share with you all his break down on verse 3-5 because it is perfect for our study :) and it really touched my heart and I am so glad I re-read it today because I needed to hear it all again!

Psalm 37:3-5
    Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pastures. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will do this

v.3a ~ Trust & Do= Do respond to evil with good,do not do evil with evil, find ways to bless people (see Proverbs 3:5-6)
    v.3b~ Dwell & Feed= feed on his faithfulness (see Romans 8:28)
    v.4 ~ Delight and Desire = allow God to pamper you, desire him, follow his desires (See Psalm 23:5)
    v.5&6~ Commit & Expect= cast issues upon the Lord, give him your concerns, he can bear them we can not alone. have an expectant faith

Remember HE IS OUR STRENGTH ~ WE Need GOD and mostly DON’T FREAK OUT, our GOD is GREATER!

Love you Ladies <3

45. Love the Message version of Psalm 37:5… as I open up before God, keeping nothing back, He will do whatever needs to be done in my situation, in my life. HE will validate my life … as I get real before Him. Wow.

46. Roseanne says:

I will map Psalm 37:3-5 this week, right off I see “trust” twice. I need to learn to trust Him with everything, every part of my day.I tend to have my schedule for the day, my plans for the weekend, etc. Part of this is from being newly divorced, I put this man before myself and, sad to say, God. My day starts with time with Him and now I am learning to carry Him in the forefront of my mind throughout my day.

47. Mary T says:

Good morning! There has been a great deal of stress regarding an issue in our community for myself and others. I got down on my knees and prayed. I took to heart your thoughts regarding Moses and knowing that He always listens to our prayers I gave it all to Him. As I drifted to sleep, I felt peaceful. Woke up in the night with a song in my head…”We won’t be shaken…whatever will come our way…we won’t be shaken.” Woke up this morning to read my devotional…”God Calling” by A J Russell and the reading for today was titled Against the Tide. The Bible tells us that the disciples did not just find fishes ready on the shore in their nets, God blessed their efforts. This partnership it is that means success! Even when difficulties come, it is by His blessing of our efforts they will be surmounted! I believe the Lord when He tells us His presence will go with us and He will give us rest! Thank you Stephanie for sharing your story about Halel. As you can see, it was inspiring. I will be finding time to drop to my knees everyday this week and hopefully everyday hereafter! God bless!

48. Christine says:

I am looking forward to studying Col 2:9-10 a bit deeper. “For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete…” I’m also doing an inductive study on Ephesians and we just looked at the term “in Him” in depth and I think this is something the Lord is calling me to explore more.

49. Stacey Keller says:

Yesterday the stress over the offer made on our home came to a boiling point. I felt so out-of-control with my emotions – doubt clearly won over. I wanted to give in to my fears and have a big ugly melt down. My college daughter surprised me with a visit and asked me to watch “Silver Linings Playbook” – where I found myself wondering if I was bipolar like the main character because my emotions have been all over the place lately. As soon as the movie was over, I allowed the stress of earlier to consume me once again – tossing and turning all night. This morning I completed yesterday’s assignment of looking up verses from page 115. The verse that spoke to me the most was Psalm 37:3-5, especially the commentary notes: “To delight in someone means to experience great pleasure and joy in his or her presence. This happens only when we know Him better. Knowledge of God’s great love for us will indeed give us delight. To commit ourselves to the Lord means entrusting everything – our lives, families, jobs, possessions – to His control and guidance. To commit ourselves to the Lord means to trust in Him, believing that He cdan care for us better than we can ourselves. We should be willing to wait “patiently” for Him to work our what is best for us.” After reading this, I felt God’s presence pouring peace over me. So, this is my mantra today: trust, delight, commit, & trust again. “Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you.” Psalm 37:3-5!!

50. Hey Ladies:

Check out my responses and verse mapping on my blog!