May 8

SLL Week 5, Day 3, Proverbs 31 Store and Weekly Pin

SLL Chapter 5 Graphic for Verse

Stephanie here again! I am having such an awesome time with ya’ll this week! I have laughed with you, cried for you, rejoiced with you, and prayed for you as I have read through your comments. I wish I could invite you all over for dinner, coffee, and Texas chocolate sheet cake! It’s so amazing how God connects us across the world through Online Study.

Today we are going to chat about shopping! One of my favorite things in the whole wide world! I love to shop- especially in the Proverbs 31 Online Store! It is a one stop shop for all the books, resources, DVD messages, and fun extras you could ever want or need!

Before I became involved with Proverbs 31, I bought the majority of my books from wherever I could find them the cheapest. And let me tell you, as a once in a while contributor and huge fan of the Krazy Coupon Lady, saving a dollar or two means a lot to me. Just ask my husband who has to endure the checkout experience as I overwhelm the checker with my piles and stacks of money saving coupons! However, after I learned a bit more about Proverbs 31, I try to order all my resources and books from them. Why? Because when you buy from Proverbs 31 Ministries you are supporting the amazing ministry that supports women like us around the world. And not only that, they have an amazing selection. There is even a clearance tab! And if you know me, you know I live for clearance sales!

In fact, I found an amazing bargain just today! There are Lysa Terkeurst  Made to Crave magnets you can purchase for the amazing price of 20 cents per magnet! I am thinking I could cover my whole refrigerator with magnets and give one to all my friends for this price! What a great add on to your cart the next time you make a purchase.

Not to mention you can purchase each and every book you will ever need for Online Bible Study through the Proverbs 31 Store. You can even purchase the most important book of all time – The Bible! Here is the link to the new NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible For Women filled with daily devotions written by the P31 Team!

If you can’t already tell, I am passionate about all things Proverbs 31. Just a few years back I was thick in a battle with depression and trying to overcome some deep hurt and pain of my past. I remember reading the P31 Encouragement for Today devotions during this time. The Lord used these devotions to lift me up close enough to Him so that I could stand…even if it just meant standing for a moment. If I can, if we can, support them by purchasing books we are already going to purchase anyway, well that’s just double the blessings.

I would love to hear how books by Proverbs 31 authors (other than and including Stressed-Less Living), the P31 Speaker Team, P31 Encouragement for Today Devotions, and anything God does through P31 has impacted your life. And remember, every time you comment you are entered to win our giveaway for this week – Intimacy with God: Your Daily Guide to Prayer by Tara Furman.

Blessings and Happy Happy Happy Stressed-Less Wednesday! Love, Stephanie

***If you missed Tuesday’s post, you can access it here.

***If you missed Monday’s post you can access it here.

***If you missed Sunday’s post and/or need the blog hop topics you can access them here.

Comments

1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Encouragement for Today daily devotions through email (its how I start my day!), the Online Bible Studies with Melissa Taylor (this is my second), and Lysa Terkeurst is my favorite author so far (she seems so relatable and like I can hear her talking!) Thank you GOD for Proverbs 31 ministries:) What a blessing its been in my life!

2. Roseanne says:

This is my first OBS and am looking forward to connect with other ladies. I follow some of the blogs of P31 writers and learn from their messages. Thanks for all you do!

3. Tracie B says:

This is my first OBS, but I have to say, it will NOT be my last. I also really enjoy the Encouragement for Today emails and the P31 Facebook page. I’ve been thinking about trying the magazine. Does anyone else get it…what do you think?

• Lauren Beach(OBS Group Leader) says:

love love love it! I always look forward to getting it in the mail! I say go for it. Blessings

• Jodi OBS leader says:

I get it as a gift from my secret sister from OBS and I love looking for faces I know and have heard on conference calls or read their book and getting more from them. P31 magazine is a wonderful inspiration!

4. Love the Proverbs31 emailed devotions. God often answers my questions through a devotion written just for me that day. Thanks to all of the contributors for allowing God free reign in their lives so He can speak to us through you. May you feel His presence and know you are blooming where He has planted you!

• Amber Oatman (OBS leader) says:

Isn’t it amazing how God uses things like P31’s daily devotions to answer our questions and prayers, and to affirm what He has spoken to us! I am so thankful that all of P31’s writers are so real and transparent and talk about real life with us.

5. Janet F says:

I have gotten Lysa Terkeurst’s “Made To Crave” and “Made To Crave Action Plan” Bundles and daily devotional , Also the “Unglued” Bundle and the Unglued daily devotional and have done the studies on my own at home. I have her book “Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl” and have it on CD so I can listen in my car.I am really looking forward to the OBS in July on her book “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” I love reading her books, she has a way of saying things that stick with my head!! And love all her advice on overcoming bad eating habits. I also get the Proverbs 31 devotionals everyday by email. Love those and all the P31 women who write those. Love Melissa Taylor for doing these OBS’s for us Jesus girls!!! You rock Melissa :) Proverbs 31 ministries is so awesome and I pray for all of you everyday!!

6. jackie s says:

One of my good friends told me that she got the Proverbs 31 daily encouragements via her email. I signed up. This turned into an online study, then another one, then led to being prompted to hosting a Bible study in my home, etc, etc
    Sometimes the books can be a little more expensive (not much) than going to Amazon or another bookstore, but you are correct that the $ is specifically going to assist in more support for Proverbs 31. I cannot even imagine how this site has been used by God every day.
    Stephanie – I agree with you – I wish that I could meet you and the other ladies that I’ve met online. All of you are too far South:) – I’m up in Ohio!

• Jackie, I just LOVE how God has moved your heart through the time you have committed to Him to invest in one another and how you OBEYED! Your story is what we pray for with every devotion and book we write and every Bible study we lead. Thank you, thank you for sharing your story today. It is such an encouragement to me, and I know to all the other P31 girls!!

Blessings to you today,

Wendy

7. Christine says:

I also love the Encouragement for Today. I look forward to reading them every morning. I purchased Lysa’s Made to Crave book a while back and loved that as well. I also subscribe to the magazine! This ministry really is such a blessing, I’m happy to support it.

8. Andrea says:

I think I found out about Proverbs 31 by listening to the local Christian Radio station. I started reading the Encouragement for Today devotions. I really live how everything is geared towards women. I feel like I can relate to the message so much more, which helps me actually get something out of the bible verses and readings. It just helps me learn, understand, and connect with God in a way that hasn’t happened before. A few years ago I did Wendy Blight’s Ephesians online study. It was amazing! It was the first time I really dug into my bible and actually understood what I was reading and how to apply it to my life. It also helped me get through a challenging time in my marriage. I still think back to that summer, sitting on my front porch doing that study w/ cup of coffee. Great memory of how I began to build a better relationship with God.

• Andrea, thank you for sharing. It blesses me so to hear from women who use our on-line studies and share how God grew them and took them deeper still with Him into the Word. Praying He continues to grow and deepen your knowledge of the Word and opens the door for you to share what He has taught you with others.

Blessings,

Wendy

9. Lynn Graham says:

my book I choose is ” Made To Crave ” this book impacted my life by changing the way I eat, putting God first over food, which before I did not do . I was always stuffing my face especially when I was depressed. since April 2012 to April 2013 I have lost 49 pounds. I started a diet before reading this book. probably would of lost more if I read the book before stuffing my face.

10. Stephanie, I can feel the excitement through your post – LOVE IT! The book and author that is near and dear to me is Hidden Joy by Wendy Blight. It was 2 years ago this month that her book, her love and this OBS helped me heal from my abusive childhood.

I support P31 faithfully and agree, you can’t get much better than purchasing some great books and other resources through P31.

• Veronica, you are so near and dear to me as well, sweet friend!!

Love you,

Wendy

• Love the healing journey here… =)

2 Corinthians 1:4 says: “He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” (NLT)

Praise God for the massive comforter God has used in Wendy Blight! Full disclosure … Wendy was also my speaking track evaluator last summer. Not only a passionate writer, but a super fun and encouraging woman of her word as well!! :)

11. I didn’t realize the money went to help other areas… I’ll totally keep purchasing from Proverbs 31 from here on out!

12. Teresa says:

I found Proverbs31 Encouragements about 3 years ago…I think, and they are a daily inspiration to me! God uses these inspirations from everyday women to inspire us…I share them with my coworkers, family and friends. I find that if I am really in tuned to what the Lord is speaking to me, He reinforces what I need to do, or say or just to be through these daily devotions! And He also lets me know to whom I should forward too, that may need the message of the day! So thank you – each and everyone of you for being a blessing to us! Most importantly for allowing God to work in your lives….God Bless You Richly!

13. Michelle says:

Just signed up for the email devotional. I will have to check out the store too.

14. Thanks for the encouragement to check out the devotional Bible. I love the daily email devotional. God has used Proverbs 31 in so many ways to build up women of God

15. Constance says:

I have been so blessed through the daily devotional, God always uses it to speak into my situation. This is my first OBS and a great blessing. Melissa is amazing, I thank God for her and all of you in P31 for using you to reach others all over the world.
    Your passion for Proverbs 31 totally comes across, Stephanie. I am also one to always look for the cheapest place for the product I want to purchase. But if I can in future buy any books, I will do so from the P31 store, so that many more women can be blessed by your amazing work like I have.
    I live in Paraguay, South America and it’s not common for “normal” people to have a bank account/credit card so online buying from here is not always possible. Plus we have financial difficulties at the moment, there is coming in less than going out each month so I cannot afford to buy anything at the moment. But there are many books in your store that I would like to purchase when I am able to.

16. Stephanie, this line of yours jumped out at me: “The Lord used these devotions to lift me up close enough to Him so that I could stand…” I love that!!!

I’ve been getting the P31 Magazine since before the dinosaurs roamed the earth. Ha! Seriously, I’ve been receiving them since they were snail mailed in the paper format! I soak. them. up!

I love books! There might be too many to count. But, Renee Swope’s “A Confident Heart” and Lysa Terkurst’s “Unglued” are two of my favorites. These ladies inspire me to strive for progress, as a daughter of Our King, so very much.

17. Tonya McCoy says:

I can’t even remember how I came to find P31 except to say God led me there. I love my daily devotion & also the magazine. I have read several books by P31 authors & I’ve done several OBS. I would say “Unglued” and “Stressed-Less Living” are having the biggest impact on my life right now. I am working on taking control over my emotions so these are both playing a big part in that. There is one HUGE thing I have to mention about P31 that has really touched me. A couple weeks ago I posted a prayer request on Melissa’s blog (I think that is where) & at the time thought this is such a huge site no one will probably even see it let alone pray for little ole me. But, that is ok cause God see’s my request. A few days later I got an email from Jamy Whitaker. It just really meant a lotto me that she would take the time out of her busy day to pray for me & to email me. Thanks so much Jamy!

18. I stumbled across Encouragement for Today, several years ago when I still worked .
    I would come into my office, and shut the door, read the devotional and pray. It was a life line for me in a stressful job. It brought me great comfort! I would also forward them to a few gals in the office and out of the office. I lost my job a year and a half ago. I would still read this every day and still forwarded this to a couple of the girls at my office. I noticed one day on the right column about the OBS and signed up. I am now on my fifth OBS study and I Love, Love, Love it!

19. I have found myself seeking the Lords face every single day MORE each day than ever before… and feeling his presence surrounding my life each day as well! <3 This bible study is helping me with so much more than just dealing with stress!!!!

20. Lauren Beach(OBS Group Leader) says:

Stephanie ~ I so look forward to the day we can have coffee and cake together 😉

I agree I love the P31 store! I get the magazine, the daily devotionals and have made several purchases from P31! I love them all. I am really loving this study right now “Stressed-Less Living” by Tracie Miles, well it has been a real eye opener for me in the “job area” just this past week I have been having a Lupus Flare from the stress I allow in my life at work and the last two chapters have hit me hard! Thank you Tracie and thank you P31 for your devotion to us all! Love love you all <3

21. Melanie says:

I love all of the real life positve encouragement! The website, the daily devotions, the time spent with the OBS sisters…it is all such a blessing! Very positive and uplifting! Very encouraging to know that we all experience the same obstacles in some form or fashion and can help each other thur it all.

22. Treasure says:

Proverbs 31 is the best resource I have encountered to help me know God better. Not only do they encourage me to read my bible and spend time with Him, they walk beside me and share life.
    Thanks Ladies

23. Stephanie, I love reading the devotionals when I get the chance. It is because I receive these daily emails that I became aware of this OBS! I am so glad I was able to go to the P31 store, purchase “Stressed-Less Living” and sign up for this wonderful OBS with all of you wonderful ladies! I look forward to continuing to join the future studies and will purchase from P31 store whenever I am able!

24. Stephanie, we here at P31 LOVE you so much and are so thankful God brought you to us. You have invested so much of your heart and time not only into our ministry but also into the lives of women who cry out for healing and understanding in their most hurting places. You are a true gift. Thank you for being our biggest cheerleader today.

Blessings,

Wendy

• Oh Wendy I feel so honored and blessed to be able to serve here alongside such amazing women. There is nothing I take more seriously than the charge the Lord has given me to reach out to lost, broken, and hurting women. I know the power of His healing and its my prayer every day that He grows my passion for Him for the purpose of others finding the healing power of a life redeemed in Him. Thank you so much for your encouragement today and taking the time to respond here in this awesome community. Means the world to me and all of us. Love you girl! Hugs!!!!!

25. Dear Stephanie,
    I also order my books from Proverb31 store. I feel it is for a good cause. Proverbs31 has helped in changing my life. So I want to pay it forward and share the love of our God.

26. Stephanie M says:

I can’t even remember how I came across the Proverbs 31 web site for the first time. But early on I signed up for the daily devotionals, and on several occasions it felt like the daily devotion was written just for ME, just in that moment. It’s amazing how God can work through a devotional email, a book, an online study, etc. I love taking part in the OBS — I think the turning point for me was the Let. It. Go. study. Boy that study made an impact on my life! It is when I finally felt like I was hearing from God…. personally.

• Amber Oatman (OBS leader) says:

That’s amazing Stephanie! I absolutely love how God uses this ministry to personally speak to so many women. We are so blessed that all those involved with P31 are willing vessels and share their hearts and love for Jesus with us!

27. Jacquie says:

I love the devotions that I receive through email every morning. I arrive at work 15 minutes early daily so that I can start my day in the word.
    Thanks proverbs 31 for all you do.

28. I just wanted to comment on how this book has been a “God thing” for me. I could identify with all of her symptoms due to stress. I went to doctors and was told there is nothing wrong. I came across the online Bible Study because a friend and I were having lunch and she was telling me about it. God led me to this study and I am praising The Lord for being on time!

29. About a year ago, I was on the brink of graduating from college. I’m the oldest in my family and I was scared, downright terrified of what lay ahead of me. At the time, I had no job prospects or even a glimpse of a way to move out of my house. Many, including myself, see these moments as the “next steps” after college. But I was moving back home with my family (gracious as they were to accept me) and to a part time job.

It was at this point that my mother (who is also doing this study) started forwarding me emails from Proverbs 31 Ministries – Encouragement for Today. Something stirred inside me on the fourth or fifth one. The topics that came through every day spoke to me. Some may talk about family and husbands and aspects of life I have not experienced yet. But the messages are still there—know God, love God, trust God, thank God for He is good!

I start my morning off with these little bits of devotion and scripture. I can think of no better way to start my day off right!

30. I would like to just take a moment to give a shout of praise to my Heavenly Father and a huge thank you to Tracie Miles and the entire OBS and P31 team! This study has had a tremendous impact already on me and my family. The most beautiful thing about it is that NONE of the circumstances in my home and life have changed, but through this study and drawing close to my Jesus, I have changed. The peace that is surrounding me is overwhelming! Do I still stumble, yes, but there is so much hope and so much strength that I did not have before. Again, thanks fo all of you, those who lead and those who share! Our God is so good!

• Amber Oatman (OBS leader) says:

Praise God! Our circumstances may not always change but our trust in God completely changes the way we deal with the stress. Tracie Miles has done such a good job of teaching us how to rest in Jesus!

31. Becky Kneller says:

I have been blessed by the OBS through Proverbs31 ministries. This is my second study and I am looking forward to many more!

32. I love the daily devotions in the email. Along with all the useful information on the website to help me grow in my walk with God! I have read some of the most amazing books from this site, that have blessed me and others when I pass them along to other women! The OBS are the best with some of the most wonderful women that I have been blessed to meet and find friendship with and love watching them grow as we study!

33. I love reading y’all’s comments!!!! I identify with so much of what each of you are saying. You all are such amazing women. Thank YOU for all your support of P31! Love you all waaaayyyy big!!!!!

34. I have “Made to Crave” and love it. Between that book and this study I am learning about

35. Sorry…wrong button! I am learning about my stress eating and ways to deal with my body in ways that honor God better. I am discovering that everything permissible is not necessarily beneficial. Praise God he is not done with me yet because I have a long way to go!

36. I am Proverbs 31 infomercial for today! I can’t tell you exactly how or when it started but can tell you that my life was saved – literally. It started when I was listening to KLOVE radio and heard someone (Renee Swope?) talk about Proverbs Ministry. I looked that up and signed up for the Encouragement devotionals. I had just started to deal with some horrific childhood abuse and, at times, didn’t want to wake up the next day to see what else would be revealed. There were days I would open my e-mail, read the Encouragement for the day and think, “OK, she sounds like she was once where I am today and she made it through, not just to survive but to thrive!” It gave me hope through some times I thought were hopeless.

My first OBS was A Confident Heart by Renee Swope (it was also my 2nd, 4th and 6th!). I am currently doing this study with Renee and, hopefully, will get through to the end. The contents are so powerful that I have read it multiple times and get new things each time I read and participate in a study and glean insights from the other ladies.

Not done yet! :) While doing one of the OBS, I read a comment from another woman that just touched me to my core. I reached out to her – to find out that she was a small group leader on FB. I am currently doing the Stressed-Less Living with Beth Anderson and Group 38! During a recent time of severe struggle, Beth and the ladies in Group 38 have given me a lifeline of hope to Jesus through their prayers, suggested readings, and love.

So….yes, Proverbs 31 has saved me!!!

37. Can I just tell you that Proverbs 31 Ministry has changed my life! I saw Lysa T. at a Women’s Conference and learned about the ministry. I became acquainted with the devotionals, the magazine, and the blogs. I discovered Lynn Cowell’s blog and her book “His Revolutionary Love” for girls and purchased 20 copies. She signed them all and we used them for a girls’ group. In January, Lynn came to speak to our Mothers and Daughters! So many wonderful, inspired resources! It’s amazing how the daily devotionals are touching so many lives too. Spread the word! I love this community of ladies! I finally feel like I belong :)
    Beth A. (OBS Group Leader)

38. TJ Conner says:

I just moved from Texas to Michigan for my husbands job. Which means I’m looking for my next employment adventure. While I am waiting (!), my girlfriend in Houston recommended P31. then she invited me to do this online study with her. I am seriously missing my friends and my church home so this was a perfect opportunity. I love receiving my Encouragement for Today devotions each morning. It has helped me start each day with God’s word, something I’ve needed to do for a long time! it is not just the pins that I am sharing with my friends back home. It is comforting to read posts from the ladies that tell me I am not alone. I am not he only one who is going through or has been through ‘it’.
    When it hits 100 degrees in Texas consider a visit to Michigan. :-) I’d love to meet all of you.

39. Jodi OBS leader says:

I, like Stephanie, bought from wherever was cheapest. I realized just this past study that with books on backorder left and right, no one was going to be able to give me the service that P31 did. Melissa posted over and over, updates about where people’s books were and when to expect them. Where else do you get the leader of your OBS to post an update on your backordered book? Ahhh, nowhere! P31 rocks. Over and over!!

40. Sheila says:

I signed up for the devotionals a couple of years ago. They have been a Godsend! I’m always amazed how He uses them at the perfect time to speak to my heart. It seems that in every valley, the devotional is about that very thing. I’ve been so uplifted and encouraged that I know He sees me. My husband was recently laid off. The day before this happened, I had read about this bible study, and ordered the book. Once again, perfect timing! This study has helped me so much. I will definitely support P31 as much as possible. If it has blessed me this much, how could I not!!

• Sheila…your story sounds so similar to mine after finding P31 in 2010. I love how God is using this ministry to encourage women and change lives…we are living proof! :)

41. Tonya Norris-Wile says:

I too receive the daily devotions and Love them. I just found Proverbs 31 ministries about a year ago and then my son and some friends moved over to Matthews and I actually drove by your building when I visited recently. Man, I wanted to drop in so badly but didn’t know if people did that. This is my first OBS and I know God planned that out because my stress has been so high I have EVERY symptom of number 3 chapter 5 questions of physical problems, along with fainting. Found out I have developed serious food allergies due to long term stress and been on a very strict diet since Dec. 1st and feeling better to start handling stess now. Couldnt come at a better time as my husband lost his job now! Thank you for all your wisdom ladies..

• Tonya…so glad God connected you here! I love how perfect His timing is :) Saying a prayer for you and your husband this morning. Thanks for sharing your praises and transformation story! God is working in us! Blessings!

42. Amber Oatman (OBS leader) says:

I honestly can’t tell you how I found out about Proverbs 31’s Daily Encouragement devotionals but I am so happy that I did. I know that God led me to them <3 Through the daily devotional I found out about Melissa Taylor's Online Bible Studies and now I have the honor of serving as a small group leader in the Facebook groups. I am still in awe on a daily basis of where God has brought me. I have done three Bible studies and each one has been amazing, each speaking to a different area of my life.

The first book I ever purchased by a P31 author was A Confident Heart by Renee Swope. It really touched my heart and I can not wait to do the Bible study later this year.

My favorite thing about Proverbs 31 is that the women involved in writing and leadership are REAL. They don't seem unattainable but make themselves available. They are transparent and honest, sharing their mistakes, hurts, and deepest desires. It is through transparency that women are drawn here. We can identify, we can know that we aren't the only ones going through something, and we can receive hope that God is faithful to bring us through.

Thank you SO much to Lysa for starting this amazing ministry, to all the authors who write about "real hope for real life", Melissa for following God's plan and starting the amazing Bible studies that are so flexible and allow women to join a study that otherwise wouldn't be able, to the leadership team that make themselves available to so many, the blog writers that aren't afraid to share, the small group leaders that give so much of their hearts and time both here on the blog and in the small groups, and to the women who come and post on this page – All of you are what make this ministry so amazing and I thank God for you everyday <3

43. Christina Robinson says:

I love the encouragement for today devotions. A good friend also receives them and we often discuss the one that especially impact us and share with others who might benefit. I too love a good bargain, but now I try to order My OBS books from the Proverbs 31 store.

I truly appreciate this ministry and all of you. Thank you for sharing your love of the Lord with me.

44. Sandra Vijsma's says:

I wake up every morning looking forward to reading my Proverbs 31 Ministries Encouragement for Today Devotional. No matter what I am going through, God always speaks directly to my heart through those devotions. What a blessing they have been for the past few years! I cannot imagine starting my day without spending that little bit of time reading those words of encouragement!

• Sandra…I agree!! So many of P31’s devotionals have spoke straight to my heart like a direct message from heaven! I love how God is using P31 to encourage women all over the world and draw us closer to Jesus.

45. Great post, Stephanie! P31 has made such a difference in MY life as well. I found P31 somewhere around 2010 and started reading the devotions that seemed like they were each written for me specifically! So encouraging and refreshing. In 2011, I attended She Speaks. Words can’t describe that experience! Amazing. In 2012 I started participating in OBS (Online Bible Studies). Each book studied changed my life! Seriously! And with each study I continue to build on what was learned, accomplished, and overcome during the last study. I am being transformed and P31 has been an amazing mentor, encourager, accountability partner, and friend. Now, in 2013, I have become a P31 Leader with OBS small groups and will also be attending She Speaks again in July. I can’t thank God enough for connecting me to P31. I am happy to support a ministry that does so much for women all over the world and expects nothing in return but changed lives and a hearts drawn closer to their Savior. Thank you Proverbs 31 Ministries for everything you do. You are making a difference for eternity!
    In Love and Gratitude
    ~Shelly

46. I love love LOVE the daily devotionals. When I rededicated my life to the Lord, those little of doses of encouragement each morning are what kept me committed and focused on God

This is my first OBS, and I love it! I would encourage every woman to give it a try. I’m so blessed to have found Proverbs 31 ministries, and I plan on buying all of my resources from them from now on!

Thank you Ladies!!

47. Carla Keller says:

This is my second online Bible Study and I love it!! I would do Bible studies at our church and never complete them, but I really do enjoy doing it online – look forward everyday to seeing what is posted about our study!! I also enjoy th “Encouragement for Today” devotions, got started with those from the recommendation of a co-worker. I have a folder in my email that is titles “Proverbs 31” where I keep all the devotions I have received so far so I can pull from them anytime I want to, plus I have also made some “hard copies” as well and put them in an expandable folder at home. Back in March we had a women’s event at our church one evening and I was asked to do the devotional for it – I knew exactly which one I wanted to use and immediately found it in my folder!! It was titled “Measuring Up”. I had no clue what the main speaker was going to talk about but after my devotional and her message, we talked about how our messages had gone together so perfectly – God was definitely all over that event that night!!!! I even told the ladies attending that night where my devotional had come from and how I well I like the devotionals that are sent me each day and just recently I had one of the ladies tell me she had signed up to receive your daily devotionals- awesome!!!

48. Carla Keller says:

One thing I forgotten to mention earlier when I posted about the Proverbs 31 ministries was that one day not long ago, I received an email from Jamy Whitaker, letting me know that she had been praying for me and my family. I really appreciated that email that day, it lifted my spirits when I needed lifting!!

• Janet F says:

I got one of those from her too and it blessed me so. It came out of the blue one day and meant so much to me.

49. I love OBS! This is my 4th one and connecting with other women from not only all over the US but all over the world has been such a blessing to me! Not only that, because of the OBS I have started writing again…something that I used to love doing and stopped doing back in 1994 when my Grandpa was killed in a hit and run accident. The very last thing I ever wrote was a poem that I read at his funeral. Then in March, 2011 I wrote a eulogy for my Mom’s funeral but still couldn’t write more than that. The OBS has inspired me to keep writing and I started 2 blogs! I don’t write much but I am hoping that in time it will come back to me and that I will find that passion once again.

50. Katrina says:

Thank you for the reminder of purchasing our Christian resource supplies through Proverbs 31. I have to admit it hasn’t been my first thought to do so when I find myself in need, but it definately makes sense – by purchasing the items to help us, the money spent is contributing to helping others in need of the Lord, so why wouldn’t we?! Plus, it’s super cool that the books we purchase through Proverbs 31 for the OBS’s are signed by the authors! I love that! I will definately begin to check this resource first, when I’m looking to make a purchase in the future :)