May 11

SLL Week 5 ~ Praises and Prayer Requests

Have you ever been out and about and needed to write something down so you don’t forget it?  Okay, so this was before smartphones with that cute little InkPad app that lets you take notes on what looks like a legal pad.  I’m a hand writer.  I grab my ink pen and if it’s important I jot it down on my hand so I don’t forget it.  Then every time I look down I see it there, reminding me.  I can’t forget about it.

This week Tracie Miles and Stephanie Clayton have been reminding us that we aren’t alone in this.  That we have a Father who is always with us, who loves us, and who will never leave us.  We don’t always feel like He is listening.  Hannah prayed for years (1 Samuel 1 in the Bible) and maybe you have too.  Or maybe you just started praying but you wonder if He really means that He is with you.

I’m great at knowing God loves you,  that He will will take delight in you, that His presence will go with you and give you rest.  But me?  Sometimes I wonder.  Or at least I did.  Then I came across a little verse in my studies one day when I was especially down.  Isaiah 49:16 (NLT) begins “See, I have written your name on the palms of my hand…” That’s God talking to His people!  That means you and me!

You see, even when things seem dark, or we feel alone, God has written, inscribed (NASB), engraved (ESV) the name of His people on His hand.  He hasn’t forgotten you (or me), but has placed our name on His body in a place that prevents Him from forgetting us.  Every time He does a work He sees our name.  When He glances down He is reminded of us.  So while we may be in a holding pattern, expectantly waiting for God to work in our lives, let’s remember not to pout because He hasn’t show up or assume he doesn’t care about us.  Remember what Tracie said, “we need to focus on believing that, in one way or another, his answer will come in his time”.  And in the meantime, know that He has written your name on His palm so that He is reminded of constantly.

Blessings,

Ginny B., P31 OBS Teaching Team & Prayer Warrior

We would be honored to pray with you.  Please share any prayer requests that may be on your heart in the comment section.  Every request is read and prayed over by a member of the Online Bible Studies team.  And we are just as happy to rejoice with you so please share praises as well.

Comments

1. Hello! Please continue to pray for my sister Lana. She had a horrible auto accident and is having a lot of pain in her chest wall. They think it is adhesions from where they inserted one of the chest tubes. Praising God that she is continuing to pray and praise thru this entire trial. She and her girls are turning an attempt by the enemy to create a mess and It is becoming a wonderful message and testimony. The girls continue to make slow but steady progress. God Bless each of you and I pray that you each find God’s peace and strength in all that you do!

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

My prayers r lifted for your sister n girls n
      for u… May His peace n love b with u all
      Lord Jesus please as I pray in your name to
      heal n I know u are w them now n every step
      of the way as they get better!!!! Happy Moms
      Day to u n your sister!!!

• Elaine, I went through a similar incident 12 years ago when my husband was injured in a horrible accident. One if his friends from work came to pray with us around his hospital bed. At first it felt awkward as this was not something I was used to. Later I found myself in the hospital chapel maing deals with God. The good news is he is doing great these day and only has minor, annoying side effects from it all. Our marriage, which at the time was a bit shakey, has turned into a wonderful, mutually loving affair. It took a near death experience to realize I really loved this guy and wanted him back home forever. It wasn’t until 2 years ago with the help of the You Version Bible that I began to experience my own spiritual awakening. I guess I was slow to see God working in my life. So, hang in there and I lift your family up in prayer to Jesus that he heals them, and brings them even closer to Him.

• Lana is a great testimony by praising God through her trial. I pray for healing and strength for Lana. -:)

2. I would like to give thanks to our God for his wonderful blessing to me and my family this week he has done it again and got us through another week because without Him we are nothing. Please could you pray for my son (mark junior) as he has to have an operation for his lung which has collapse he is 18 and in the middle of exams and wants to wait till they are over (17 June) doctors say he could get an infection if we wait but we are believing our God for a miracle. Also could you please pray for my husband (mark) and I as we need His will for our life we are in the valley at the moment , thank you xo

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

My prayers r lifted for u Mark n Mark Jr…
      May God our Savior bless u all n prayers for
      Mark Jr that surgery goes well n he heals
      quickly w God at his side…Happy Moms Day!!!
      Blessings to u all….

• Yes, I will pray – such a hard age and to go through this I pray He will be made strong in his faith and more aware of what God has for him – he has a plan and every adversity makes us stronger = James says that – hold on to that – it’s hard I know!!!!!!!! Praise God for what he is going to do in your family and son’s life!!!!!!

3. Please pray for my family and for me. We have had a very stressful 6 weeks.
    My father passed away three weeks ago. My husband has had 6 weeks
    of extreme back pain. He missed a month of work and was using a walker.
    I have pneumonia. I am a second grade teacher. It is the end of the year
    and I have not been in my classroom for the past 3 weeks except for one
    day. I am struggling with dealing with the stress of all these situations.
    I am not sleeping well and that us affecting my emotions. I know God loves me
    and is always with me but I need prayers to be abke rest in His peace.

• jackie s says:

Susie,
      Cannot imagine the stress you must be feeling. Prayers for you and your family.

• Jackie and Michelle,
        Thank you. I am feeling more peace this morning.
        I know He is in control and He cares about us. He
        shows His love through people like each of you.

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

Prayers r lifted for u to get thru all your
      stress…God please n with this family during
      all of their heart ache n trials…we know u
      luv them n will be w them every step of the
      way in previous name.Amen

• Sondra Ratliff says:

LORD GOD, YOUR chhild Susie and her family are before YOUR throne. Seeking YOUR mercy, we, her sisters in YOU, ask for YOUR Peace to rest upon them . We thank YOU for what YOU are doing and will continue to do on their behalf. In JESUS’ PRECIOUS NAME, AMEN

• Praying for you and your family…for Gods comfort, assurance, and healing…love and blessings to your family

• Praying for you! The end of the year is difficult without any added stress. May you continue to feel God’s peace. <3

• Praying – for peace, it’s not easy but keep leaving it all at the feet of Jesus. Every hour, half hour if need be!!!!!! You are stronge with God!!! He can do anything!!!!!! And loves you!!!!!

4. Jeanie Kelley says:

Please continue to pray for my husband’s job situation. That he can find something to do. I am feeling stressed out with this whole situation. The nine month mark is coming up and still nothing. I am trying to really rely on God and trust him with all of this, but my faith is wavering with the days counting down to still nothing. Please pray that whatever God is leading Warren to do that it would come sooner than later. I realize this may sound like impatience and I guess it is and I know I should not be impatient, but I am scared of what the outcome will be. Pray that God would quiet my heart with all that is going on. The second is this: I went up and took a nap on Friday with Warren and Daniel gone for a little while and I had a day mare which is like a night mare, but happening in the day time. When I went to the clinic and asked them the nurse said that this was normal around when I am getting ready to have my monthly. I also feel like my mind is working overtime when I am asleep. I do not like this at all. Thanks for praying.

• Paige Ward says:

Dear Father,

I thank You that You are God of all peace. I pray this peace over Jeanie and Warren as they have been going through this lack of a job or any hope of one for so long now. It is so hard when something continues for a long time to not get discouraged and loose hope at times. Restore their hope in You; knowing that You hear them even as they don’t see results. Open up a door of opportunity for Warren with a job, lead him to look in the direction You have for him and let them feel Your leading. In Jesus’ name, amen

• Jeanie… I am praying for you and your situation. I am asking god(Jesus) to turn things around for you and your husband . I pray that the lord directs Warren to a job and to the right one for him.I ask that god give you rest and ease your mind about anything that is on your heart. My grandmother always had a saying whenever I seemed overwhelmed and down.She would say that tomarrow is a new day. I believe this and with God it is. So rest assured he will get you all through this. God bless.

• Sondra Ratliff says:

YOUR mercy and grace HEAVENLY FATHER. In the NAME of JESUS, AMEN.

5. I pray for all the women mentioned earlier in the blog. I pray for finding the right place for my mother to live who has macular degeneration and is paying way too much to live in the current assisted living facility. I wonder if we should sell our house and buy a house with bedrooms on the bottom floor so she could live with us.

6. I praise God for His promises to us, who have received Jesus, through faith in him, and have become new creations in Christ. He is a faithful God to His people! I am trusting Him to work miracles of peace, order and reconciliattion in my family. He is able! He is faithfu! He is working all things there for good. No weapon formed against us will prosper because Jesus is my (our) Friend and shield. Please pray with me and for me in praise and thanks giving to our merciful God who works on our behalf.

7. jackie s says:

Praise to our God who loves us, knows us, and always remembers us – even though, in our finite minds, we do not always understand.
    I praise God for my daughter’s healthy pregnancy, my son finishing up with college, and His daily goodness of life.

Prayers needed:
    My daughter Ashton’s due date is May 15. Praying for a successful delivery and a healthy grandchild.
    My son Phillip needs a job – his major is sports management. He needs direction and guidance.
    I am having outpatient surgery – surgical biopsy (general anesthesia) – on May 15 (the 15th is a big day on the calendar). Praying they continue to find normal and atypical cells and no cancer
    My son has occasional headaches from an injury causing a mini-seizure in his brain; had a headache last night – please pray for him.

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

Prayers lifted for u all n for a healthy grand
      baby ( we r blessed w 12 bet us… Praise the
      awesome God we have ) n prayers for your son
      and esp prayers for u on Wed that all will b benign
      God will b w you!!! Keep us posted!!!

8. Linda G says:

Dear Lord, please bless my mom with a heart that can find forgiveness. Please bless her with the strength to go through the colostomy reversal and bowel reconstruction since she is pushing to have this surgery as she has no tolerance for the bag. Mom is weak and has many health issues and I pray she can endure such an intensive surgery and recovery.
    In Jesus Name, Amen

• Paige Ward says:

Dear Father, I add my prayer to Linda’s for her mother and also for Linda that You would give her peace. In Jesus’ name, amen

9. Please continue to pray that I will recover from thyroid cancer and lyme disease as it has been almost a year and I am still struggling to feel normal again. Please pray God will grant me a peace that supasses all understanding for my heart and mind through Christ Jesus. Sleepness nights do not help the situation and will wear the body down even if you are healthy. It has been a hard struggle.

Please also continue to remember my daughter and her thyroid and lymph nodes biopsies that if it is God’s will, they will be benign.

I am also praying for my sisters who have requested prayer and those of you leading the Bible study. The Bible tells us we are to pray for each other. Blessings to you all!

• Annalisa says:

Dinah,
      I am praying for your recovery. I have Lyme disease as well. I have been in treatment for seventeen months. I completely understand how horrendous this disease is. I will pray for your complete healing. Lyme disease takes us on a journey that no one understands unless they have a personal experience with it. I lift is up, and all people suffering from Lyme, asking The Lord to heal us.

• I join each sister here today in lifting each need to God. I ask for his mercy, grace and love to touch each of my sisters with in the areas that create pain, fear and ask that they are blessed with a peace that comes from only Gods grace. Amen

10. Before I make a prayer request, I thank the Lord for all my blessings seen and unseen. Please pray for my marriage and esp my husband. He is in a depression , drug addicted world and refuses treatment. He also is a unbeliever. Pray for my mom, her failing health, severe depression, and needs to trust the Lord. Please pray for extended family reconciliation which is needed since myself and my husband are the only ones who are caring for every need of the 3 of our ill aging parent, on e who has cancer. Please pray for me who needs the Lord’s prescene to have peace to deal with all of this plus excruciating daily pain from a bone disease in the spine and trigeminal neuralgia caused by MS, unresponsive to any medical Regime. I was ready to quite the OBS because unlike Tracie Miles and many others I have not been able to hear or feel that beautiful Lord’s voice to comfort me, provide direction, or give me peace. Many of the issues above have been going on for years and are intensifying with other problems, and I feel I am stuck in a very,very dark place without the Lord and I have no friends due to my illnesss and husband’s behavior. Please keep me in your prayers, With much gratitude and thanks, Eva

• I thank The Lord for being with me this week in all I do
      My sister has one more week of radiation treatments for breast cancer and she is hanging in there
      My longtime friend with MS has worsening symptoms and is waiting to hear reports from latest MRI.
      Two women I know are going through their first Mother’s Day without their adult sons; one died in an accident at age 18 this past November . The other lost her 25 year old son to drugs in January.
      My longtime friend is still wavering with her belief that God has a positive future in store for her. She had a stroke 6 years ago at age of 50 and then lost her job of 30 years, home had to go to foreclosure and her adopted daughter has moved to the city and is not in a good sitiation(she is 23 and is into some questionable activities). My friend lives with her brother now, but is 4 hrs away from where she lived all her life.
      I’ve been praying for all of them to hear a message from Christ, a word of encouragement, a word of love. They all are in tough situations. I email them an encouraging note and tell them they are in my prayers. Please Lord lift up these people who need encouragement as they go through some of the most difficult times in their lives. GIVE THEM HOPE! SHOW THEM YOUR LOVE, BUT MOSTLY SHOW THEM YOUR PRESENCE IN THEIR LIVES. They need you now more than ever.

• Sondra Ratliff says:

Precious sister, Unable to express in words how deeply I feel your pain. Will pray expectantly for and with you.

• Lord Jesus you know all the needs here in Eva’s life and you alone can meet them. So we pray for your love and mercy to be poured out in Eva ‘s life and the lives of her family. Fill her with the knowledge of your powerful presence and give her peace. We ask in Jesus’ powerful and holy name. Amen

• Lisa Driscoll says:

Holy Spirit, fill Eva with Your comforting presence. Jesus, sit her down at Your feet and heal her heavy heart with Your wisdom and undying attention. Father, let every fiber of her being feel Your perfect love for her as You hold her in the palm and safety of Your hand.

11. Paige Ward says:

I praise God for a huge answer to pray this week. On Wednesday, I was feeling low, so I asked God to show Himself to me in some way that day. Later in the day, in passing, I laid a fleece before God about a situation in our lives. Before the day was up He answered that fleece in an amazing way. He revealed His listening to me in an amazing way. Thank You, Lord.

12. Janet F says:

Ginny thank you for this visual “I grab my ink pen and if it’s important I jot it down on my hand so I don’t forget it. Then every time I look down I see it there, reminding me. I can’t forget about it.” I have read that verse so many times about God having our names written on the palm of His hand, but until I read your visual about writing notes on the palm of your hand so you don’t forget them, it hit me how got looks at His hand and cannot forget about us. And how HUGE God’s hand has to be to fit all of our names on them. HE IS SO AWESOME!!! Thanks again for the great visual :) Praying for all the request that are posted and will be posted as God knows each and everyone of them. Praying for all of us to have peace and comfort and rest. And to all you mothers out there Happy Mother’s Day and have a blessed one!! ♥

13. I want to praise God for each day for the new found peace and strength he Is giving me through this study! This is such a blessing. I have been living for so long stressed out over every little detail, circumstance, and problem. How easily I forget to take this first to Him, the one who is able to handle anything. So I praise & thank & lift up all the wonderful women of Proverbs 31. Please continue to pray for me, for God’s plan for my life, his direction, and guidance for each choice. Especially for my schizophrenic sister I take care of, I do not understand, and may never but He understands. I pray & thank God for another year to spend with my M om this Mother’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day to everyone. Amen.

14. Mona Agosto says:

For the past 7 years my husband and have been trying to conceive. The past year Mother’s Day has be very hard for me. As tomorrow begins I just need God to be with me because sometimes people say things that they think it does’t hurt but the does. I think I’ve heard all from your doing it wrong or God’s mad you for something. Or some people just can’t be parents that must be you. So much pain on a day I should celebrating with my mom and Mother in law that brings so much Hurt for me and my husband.

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

Hang in there… Try not to try so hard
      n one day it will happen if it is Gods will..
      Have u both been tested!?? Took me a long
      time to get pg w my day yrs ago so relax n I
      know it is hard but just pray n let go n let
      God n ignore all the hurtful ppl…some ppl
      have no feelings n r just ignorant… I will keep
      u in my daily prayers!!! Tomm spend time w
      your mom n mom in law as one day they won’t
      b with you… Moms Day is hard for me w.out my
      dear sweet Mama ( my best friend ) n my hubby’s
      mom but I lost my ex mom in law of 50 yrs who was
      like my own mom 4 mos ago today so this will b the
      first moms day w/out her so I will be buying 3 moms
      day balloons to send up to them in heaven
      Prayers for u daily… Enjoy your 2 moms
      tomm!!!! Peace n luv to u!!!

15. Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

Thanking n Praising God tday that hubby
    chuck n I had a safe trip there n back on
    vacay to our family’s home in Fla….
    Also for chuck who is having problems
    W his shoulder hip n feet n is hard for
    him to get up n down (his weight is a big
    problem) he says he is gonna start dieting..
    I pray so as he has a heart problem n the more
    weight on him puts stress on his heart n I
    am trying not to stress out when he gets
    Irritable n the voice raises up… I am trying
    to Let Go n Let God…. This bible study is
    helping some n I am continuing to read pray
    n get into the scriptures n spend a few hrs
    alone w my God my Father…stimes I even
    go back to Let.It.Go to help me !!! Praise
    n glory n thankfulness for God to b with me
    and to love me unconditionally no matter
    what…please keep my hubby in prayer… Ty
    always!!! Happy Moms Day to all….

16. I praise God for this week for showing me His amazing love and mercy on the people in and around us. GOD is great and good.
    I ask for prayers for my husband and I, he goes in for the first knee replacement on Thursday, praying for he’s quick and healthy recovery, and for my patients and to know God has this.
    Praying for and with all my OBS sisters may God show His beautiful presents and that you all feel His gracious love. BLESSING TO ALL.

17. Praising God that He has been with me while I have been making some changes. 1 being that I have lost 6 lbs since I decided to start working on my health. 2 I have made a decision for next year with God’s help that will help my stress reduction. I’ve been reminded repeatedly that God’s plan will work out for the good….Romans 8:28 has given me peace and comfort this week as I have made some hard decisions. Learning to let go, letting Jesus take the wheel, and forgiveness had been this week’s theme in my life. Thank you Lord for getting me through these tough lessons.

18. Pray I can break free from the snare of worry and fear with God’s help. Also pray for my college aged son as he questions faith. My husband will be out of town which is normally a very anxious time for me, but I long to focus on God’s provision, protection and blessings instead. Thank you so much for your prayers!

• Marie, I just said a prayer for you. I know what it’s like to feel trapped in fear from anxiety. I pray for your worries and that God will calm your anxious heart. God Bless you.

19. Rhonda H says:

I don’t know where to begin actually! I am a Christian and have been my whole life, I haven’t always in a place of Faith as I am now but I still struggle sometimes with that but I am getting better.
    Here is my prayer request: My son got married to his first wife (in the Navy) and separated while she was pregnant with their second child. It was hard for us as Christian’s to see this and hard for us to see this all play out because our son has made HUGE mistakes in his life. We had some problems in that time frame with my mother-in-law interfering and caused my son to put in the divorce agreement that we were to have no contact with my ex-daughter-in-law whatsoever. It has been fine up until this point, now my son is remarried and his wife is very controlling and tells us what we can and cannot do with the children. She plays games with us and tells us things like “don’t contact her (the ex) because she is nuts and tells us she hates us and such) I don’t believe that for one second as you see the ex-wife and I had a good relationship! Anyway to make a long story short, my son and new wife moved to Japan in April (without the kids) and we tried to get them to change the agreement to say we can see the kids, we asked to skype with the kids or get their address to send them things for instance for their birthday’s or whatever! We were shot down everything we asked them. I was heartbroken, we were all heartbroken, because these kids have been in our lives from the very moment they have been born. I contacted an attorney and he said that we did not sign that agreement so we are not obligated to obey their contact and there is no reason why we shouldn’t contact the ex wife and the kids. So, we decided to just start sending the kids gifts and such (I found the address) and for Mother’s Day I sent flowers to their Mom from the kids and getting things ready for a care package to send soon. Please pray for this situation as it isn’t pretty and one of the last things my son text me before his final flight to Japan was this…Please remember that you can’t talk to my ex wife period. It is written in a legal binding document and can get us in serious trouble, will will keep you updated on the kids and much as possible and send pictures, you will see them when we get home. That is how it has to be! As you see in the message above that isn’t the case since the attorney looked things over for us. We are doing this behind my son’s back because I can’t just pick up the phone and call him and tell him how we feel, but…they told us there was a restrainer order on us, but we have had no one tell us that from the courts and we haven’t had the police deliver this order, so we think this is just a ploy or a scare tactic to keep us from contacting them. So, I know this is very deep and allot to pray about but I am in a place of FAITH that God is in control and this will work out, but pitching a fit/screaming/whatever isn’t putting me in the place that God wants me to be. He wants me solely to depend on him through it all and to let go and them him control. That is where I am at, trust me it hasn’t been easy!!! I depend on my Church/Christian friends and all to help me cope with this and be my sounding block when I want to scream!!! Thank you for your support and prayers and most all of all for this AWESOME BIBLE STUDY!!! I love it and love my Christian Sister’s in Christ:)

• Rhonda I am lifting your family up to our father and asking for peace, love, and for him too provide peace and lo e as you move through this valley. Continue to let his love shine thru for all concerned. Praise and love to you. If you need a sounding board dont hesitate to email. I have been there and back and know the fear and frustration you are feeling. Love in Christ. Elaine

20. Rebekah says:

Please pray for my husband and my marriage. I believe it is Gods will for us to stay married. We have been separated for almost a year. We spend time together and go to counseling but my husband is not a spiritual person and I feel the devil is keeping him bound in fear, resentment, and unforgiveness. I feel like Hannah in having to wait on God to answers my prayers and bring my husband home to us. I also see that Godis waiting for the perfect time because I feel God wants us to have a stronger mariage.I see the big picture but sometimes its hard to be patient. I feel stressed and lonely. Please pray that God will give me strength to seek Him and to wait on Him. Thank you.

• Rebekah, you are the Hannah, and patience is what got her through the years of waiting and the years of being taunted. But it took that last desperate plea and crying out to God so desperately that others thought she was drunk. I pray that God hears your message, honors you with patience and most of all places His love in your husbands heart. You are not alone your OBS sisters love you and want to see this marriage mended. Prayers lifted to God to give Rhonda the patience of Hannah, to place peace in her heart and to change her husbands heart and bring him closer to God.

• Rebekah,
      I will pray fervently for you and your marriage. Your story is very much like my story. I am separated from my husband for now more than 1 year. We spend time together and go to counseling and my husband, too is bound by fear and unforgiveness. Sometimes I have wanted to give up, but each time I hear God telling me to wait on his timing. I know that only God can heal our hurts, soften our hearts and restore our marriage. I pray that God will bless you with strength, perseverance and hope, living in faith as He works in your life, your husband’s life and in your marriage. Stay strong – I’m praying for you!

21. Laura Stabile says:

Happy Mother’s Day to all………Would you please pray for my youngest daughter to be able to be blessed with a baby & their own place? I am blessed with 3 daughers, who live in another state & the youngest watches her sisters expand their families on yet another Mother’s Day. They had hoped to purchase their own place & just missed the requirements for lender after having had an offer in & therefore lost their funds. Would you pray her credit score comes up quickly so they can purchase their own place, & that they would be blessed with a baby? Would you also pray that I pass my licensure exam on 5-28? I am trying to move to the same city where they live, but must pass this daunting exam in order to do so. I know God has Ashley/Jeremy’s name engraved on the palm of His hand

22. Debbie Williams (OBS Group Leader) says:

Thanks Ginny. This message and verse was just for me this morning. Thanks for your beautiful heart and thoughts!

23. Rhonda, what a tough situation to be in. So many people trying to control you and what you do. You only have kind and loving intentions in trying to contact the grandchildren. My heart goes out to you, those little ones need to know that you love and care for them. I lift up my prayers to God this morning that there is an intervention that stops those around you from being so cruel and controlling. May God bless you with a peace in your heart to know you are doing the right thing. Please God remove satan and his control from those around Rhonda who are trying to control her life. May he Peace and Love of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior be with you, Rhonda. Amen.

24. wow!! MY name on His hand….I am soooo blessed!!! Thank you !

25. I want to thank Jamy Whitaker for praying for me. It is so so comforting to know someone is praying for me. Thank God for her! -:)

• I too want to say thanks to this wonderful warrior who opens her heart and offers comfort with her prayers.

26. TABITHA JONES says:

I am sitting here listening to a CD of my 16 yr old niece singing and tears are streaming down my face. She is such a blessing in my life and has such a love for the Lord. I have caught myself thinking Lord why can my boys not have this kind of love for you. I have raised my boys in church and my oldest is almost 19 and he seems to have no interest in living his life for Christ. I make him go to church every Sunday, Sunday night and Wednesday night but he seems so unconcerned. I have been praying faithfully for them both but it hurts so bad to know they are not walking in the Lord. My youngest has been asking more questions and seems to have a little concern so I know God is working. Please help me pray that the Lord touches both of them spiritually.
    I want to praise the Lord for his love for me. This year has been amazing for me and the Lord. I have been a christian for 30 years and never been as close to the Lord as I am now and sometimes I feel like I am floating in the air when I am in his presence.
    I never realized my life was as stressed as it was until I started this study. I want to thank all of the OBS leaders for taking the time to help women around the world.
    I want to wish each lady here a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! I hope you all have a blessed weekend.

27. Marie (Ree) says:

Praises today that my Mom is still with me, and for my entire Family and extended Family! Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s!

I lift up prayer for ALL the ladies in this OBS, along with the Study Leaders , that where healing is needed, healing is given. If courage is needed, that courage is given. Where forgiveness is needed, that hearts will forgive. Where peace and rest are needed that calm and tranquility will replace anxiousness. Where anger and resentment have taken root, that the Love of Christ will weed it out! Where love is searching for a home, that those hearts will be led to Jesus!
    If regrets and sorrow from the past hold any thoughts captive, that the chains will be broken and focus will be placed on the “New Thing” that The Lord is going to do! Isaiah 43:18-19 says the new thing “is already happening!” I see it happening through this OBS and in my own life …and I am grateful and thankful!

28. Orenda Smith says:

I want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for my husband and I. As it stands right now God has been really working in our lives, my hubby plead guilty to the charges, he has agree while we are seprate to pay all the bills, and to go counseling! God has blessed him back with his old job he had before this whole thing happen between us. He had just started this job and only worked a week and they gave his job back, God is so good! God has made many people shake there heads in disbelief to all that is happening in our lives, but I keep telling them it’s all God! My father and mother are both amazed at how I have not choose to runaway, drink or do drugs and I keep reminding them it’s the Lord who gives me my strength to keep going on. That I’m believing God has something truly amazing plan out this mess that my hubby and I created for ourselves. One last thing during this whole ordeal not once have I felt any stress or any emotions, not that I haven’t been feeling any. It’s just that I don’t stay wallowing in my sorrows, instead I have been overcome by God’s peace, joy and happiness!! I have come to know and really understand that God is really true to His Word, not matter how bad we make a mess of things you will face the consequence of your actions, but He will take what the devil meant for evil and turn it into a testimoney for His glory! My faith in God has really grown through this whole ordeal. Humans will come and go, but it is My Father who will never leave my side and always be there for me and this something I have really come to truly understand through this whole ordeal. He is always with me! Please continue to keep praying for us because this is only the begining for us and now we leave it in God’s hands to see the end. God Bless to all my Sisters in Christ, love ya :)

• Orenda, I pray that God continues to work in your life and will give you the strength and faith to stay the course. Blessings to you and your family.

29. I need to ask for prayer. I am a pre school teacher in a Christian pre school. The other ladies I work with are less than Christian like. They like to yell at me and embarrass and talk about me in front of me like I don’t exist. Its very hard to work with. My boss knows what is going on and says I will be out of there soon and has been very supportive. I am moving to another room soon because I am more qualified for that room, but I still have to be in that room and I still have to be around woman who clearly do not like me at all.

• Jackie , no one wants to go to work in that type of environment. Apparently, the same thing was happening in my office. I was working a very stressful position and God intervened to put me in a different role. I found out that the supervisor in this department has been really rough on the two gals who work there. She yells at them for errors, talks mean to them, etc. I know I was placed there to encourage this 25 yr old supervisor to be a nicer, more kind person towards these two employees. It’s been a month and I can tell stress levels have decreased. Every time the supervisor attempts to go and yell at them, I stop her and propose a more peaceful resolution to the problem. I hope that you can have a little more patience and your situation will change. Lord , please give Jackie the patience and grace she needs to endure this situation and that God will soften the hearts who so easily bully others. We may not know why people feel its ok to be mean and hurtful to others, but let us pray that God will intervene in their lives too; show them the error of their ways. Praise to our Lord and Bless Jackie as she grows in Love and peace with you. Amen.

30. I praise God for all of you faithful ladies & just pray blessings over you all!!! My prayer request is that I would Halal…that has stuck with me & before that email was sent god had already laid the groundwork as my husband shared withe something similar…so really my prayer is for that letting go of restraints in relationships overall but mostly that I would Halal my God…

31. Shelly smith says:

Please pray for my husband and I, he recently lost the job that he has worked at for 7 years. He has been working with his friend onlyAs they need him! So because we can not survive this way, Monday him and I are going to go job hunting. I have not worked outside the home in almost 5 years! My oldest is home schooled so I am going to try to get a over night job so I can be home with her in the day and can still make all church services! So please pray that something will open up for us!!

32. Rebecca says:

Thanks Ginny. I really like this reminder that God is always with us. Praise for passing my class I was really worried about and prayers for my full-time job situation.

33. I would like to ask prayer for my mom, as she is dealing with severe depression issues. I had to check her into a mental health facility last night, at our local hospital. She has had several issues in her life that have lead to this, first her mom, my grandma passed away about 3 months ago and then my mom had to start kidney dialysis, which has been hard for her to accept.

This all happened yesterday, after I got up and poured my heart out in the shower. The tears were flowing, I couldn’t pray like I wanted to, but know that God seen me. I would appreciate prayer for myself as well, as I am dealing with several chronic illnesses, and with things being so bad for my mom right now too, it is very overwhelming.

Chapter 5 came at just the right time for me. Feeling forgotten is something that I struggle with and I loved the part when Tracie reminded us that we are never alone and God does see us!! Thank you for your prayers!

• Lord, I ask for healing for Kim’s mother as she grieves the loss of Kim’s grandma and is dealing with serious health issues. Help her, Lord, to feel your love and healing power. Lord, bless Kim and give her strength and understanding as she tries to be there for her mother and be a loving and caring daughter. Wrap your loving arms around them and help them to feel your presence in this time of need.
      Amen.

34. Ladies, I would like to humbly ask for prayer that God would intervene in my chaotic life. That he would heal my body and mind and that I could connect with Him more daily. On chapter 5 question 4, I really struggled realizing that I am trying so hard to seek and worship the Lord but my mind is so distracted. Please pray that as I earnestly seek Him that I might hear His wonderful voice! Thank you and God bless you for praying for us!

35. Please pray for a few unspoken requests.

36. I praise God the insurance check came in yesterday after 6 weeks with a hole in our house and no use of front door. I pray God will guide and encourage my husband in protecting his spending the money. My husband will stay on task and finish the repairs to our home. I pray for salvation for my husband, Rick. God’s peace for me in reacting to the accident, to repairs on our home and to my chronic health needs. I thank you for this study. I love you Lord!

• Lord, please wrap your loving arms around Tracy and grant her the peace that surpasses all understanding. Touch her husband, Rick, so that he may come to know you and have a personal relationship with you.
      Amen

37. Pray for my dear friend who just found out she has Fibromyalgia and need to work 6 more years and be 67.

38. Zella Knight says:

Father as your words says that what is impossible for man is possible for you we are seeking and asking as your Word says that when we ask we receive, when we seek we find and we knock the door shall open.

Father doors have been closed upon me and my family. $1,600.00 has been taken and we ask that this monies be returned. We know that Satan is a liar and a thief. We ask that your victorious right hand come forth and prevent the foreclosure of Cindy’s family home. We proclaim $40,000 debt be cleared and that she be made whole to reclaim. We ask you Father that all of our debts, medical home etc be paid in full and that we shall be the head and not the tail. We proclaim the blessings of Deuteronomy 28:1-13.
    We seek Lord healing for the family. We seek that whatever my child needs including her educational needs that she wants for nothing. Father I ask for your guidance in what my career destiny shall be and I look to the hills for which cometh my help.
    Father we ask that you to place your victorious right hand upon the sisters with our Bible Study and that whatever their, needs are they be fulfilled. We thank you for the Blood. As we pray in agreement. We thank you. In Jesus Name.

39. Beckie Woodsmall says:

My three adult children need a personal, heart relationship with The Lord. Their names are Johnna, Jordan, and Daniel. They have a head knowledge and were raised in the church but now are walking life without the one who loves them most :(
    Thank ou for agreeing with me in prayer for their souls!

• Heavenly Father, I lift up Johnna, Jordan and Daniel. Touch their lives and make your presence known to them so that they will return to you and develop a personal relationship with you. I also lift up their mother, Beckie. Use her, Lord, to be an example to her children so that through her, they will see you and come back to you. Bless Beckie as she loves and cares for her children. Amen.

40. My praise today is for all the amazing women that God has put in my life – my mother who passed away almost 2 years ago, my daughter, my sister-in-law, my cousins, my dear friends at my church and now you sisters in this OBS! Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with all of these wonderful women who inspire me, lift me up and share in this life journey!
    My prayer request is for a strengthening of my faith so that I can continue to wait on God’s timing as I struggle in my marriage. As Tracie said, I ask for the faith “to focus on believing that, in one way or another, his answer will come in his time.” I also ask for prayers that God will work in MY heart so that I can show love to my husband in the way that God shows love to me – without conditions.
    Blessings to each of you!

41. I am still accepting that my name is written on his hand. I praise God that My husband and I have started to pray together. I praise to God for my special needs son to be part of the “normal”‘ children and go on his 8th grade trip to Baltimore Harbour. I was very anxious but it is a big mile stone. God had him in his hands. Thank you Lord.

I ask that you pray for me to hear from God. I have asked several request and I am not hearing anything or feel guidance. Please help me be patient . In Jesus name Amen

42. Shaynne Palmer says:

I went back to school in my 40s and graduated December 2010 with a BS in Accounting and have been looking for a position ever since. Thankfully I currently have a job that pays the bills and is mostly tolerable. I am praising God this week because I had an interview (these are few and far between and haven’t has one in MONTHS) with a GREAT organization on Thursday. My prayer request is that I would get this position because it is the perfect job for my skills and I would be working for a ministry that also does exactly what is my hearts desire.

43. Heather White says:

Please pray for continued healing of my body from my medical procedure this week. I struggle everyday with my weight. I pray for God to help me lose some weight and get healthy. Thank you!

44. Pray for my husband; that he finds a job. He has been unemployed for 1year and it is putting a lot of stress on my marriage and family. We cannot pay the bills with my job alone and that is putting more stress on me; making me feel like a failure as my husband keeps pointing out how I don’t make enough. We are slowly wiping out all of our retirement funds to pay bills.

45. This week has been a very dark week for me. I have arthritis, but it has just exploded in my hands and the pain is in more areas, with painful nodules. My battle right now is that my insurance won’t pay for me to go to a Rheumatologist. My primary thinks because we are on low income insurance that I should just deal with it and go to a pain management specialist, without treating it to prevent further damage. I am only 42. I do not want to be crippled up any more than I have to, and the pain…it is a lot to bear some times. I am pushing the doctor to push our insurance and praying that God’s hand will be upon this and upon me. I know that he is with me even in this, but the pain makes it hard to live beyond existing at times. Thank you!

46. Please pray for my doctor visits this week with cardiologist and rheumatologist. I had a flare of my rare autoimmune disease and if I do a 5 minute slow walk, my heart rate jumps to 117. Pray for my doctors to have wisdom and get me on the right treatment plan as my lungs ate involved as well.

Please pray that I find a golden retriever dog as I lost my Amber in January. Being disabled, she was my buddy and I so miss her. Another golden retreiver (dark gold/red!) would help me heal.

Thank you so much and blessings to you -:)

47. Please continue to pray that God will lead me to the right elderly housing development.I have put my name in and I ask for the help of God.

48. Kim in ma says:

Please pray for my relatonship with my daughter. She has lied to me about some serious stuff and I’m having a really hard time trusting her at all. I question every time she says she has to work late or says she has errands to do..she was sneaking to a guys house and now our relationship is very strained. I don’t know how to trust her & I know it’s hurting us more than the original lying/sneaking.. It stresses me out a bit…

49. Please pray for a broken situation.

50. I would like prayer for my family… That The Lord would heal all the hurts caused several years ago by a situation that cAught us all off guard. At the time we were all grieving the loss of my dad and my mother inlaw and even our family pet of twelve years. My husband Also had recently been in the hospital with major heart problems that the doctors said he probably wouldn’t live through. I praise God for saving my husband and healing his heart but also for his new relationship in Christ. I am so thankful for this study and for all of you ladies…it has been a blessing to me to be a part of it.