May 12

Stressed-Less Living, Week 6

A Personal Note for the Stressed-Out and Fallen Behind Gals

Before we get to this week’s schedule, read this note from one of our Stressed-Less Living Facebook Small Group Leaders, Kelley Murphy~

OK Ladies, here’s the deal – Many of you have told me you are behind on your reading and STRESSED over it! Let’s stop right there…… Here’s what I want you to do ~ pick up at chapter 5. You can go back and read the previous chapters later – DO NOT STRESS over it. This study is to help us be STRESSED-LESS not STRESSED-OUT.

Also, going forward on Sunday take out your book and break it up into reading that you can do a little at a time – read so many paragraphs or pages so you can get the whole chapter read in the week it’s assigned – but aren’t forced to sit and read it in one sitting. Just mark it – Monday’s reading, Tuesday’s reading, etc. That way hopefully you will not be overwhelmed by feeling like you have to read the entire chapter in one night. I hope this helps make the remainder of the study a little less stressful! You are only going to get out of it what you put into it – so let’s do this!

And don’t forget to visit the OBS blog on www.MelissaTaylor.org. Especially on Monday and Friday. These are the days we focus on getting into God’s Word. God’s Word is the best cure for stress that you will ever find!

Dear God, thank you for these ladies, thank you for their hearts and desires to bring glory to you by learning to live stressed-less. Father, free them from unnecessary burdens. We lift them up to you right now – you know their burdens, you know their hearts – and you know what it is going to take to bring peace to their chaotic lives. Thank you Father for being our Rock. It is my prayer today that we reach out to you for all things big or small and surrender them to you. That we will begin day by day to lean on you and only you. Through you we become complete. Through you we have strength. We love you Father. Amen.

Reflection Verse 6

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” ~   Matthew 6:33 (NIV)

Suggested Assignments for Week 6

***Note the word “Suggested”~ that’s because this schedule might not work for everyone. Read over it and decide what works best for you. Like Kelley wrote above, you can read your chapter all in one day or you can split it up over the week. Do what works for you. Just remember to check the blog and participate in discussion. We need you and you are a valued member of this Bible study group!

Sunday~ Here you are!  Read over the weekly schedule and plan your week for success! Comment, comment, comment! Each comment you leave on this blog qualifies you for our weekly give-away. This week we have a Stress Relief Package for you!

Monday~ Bible Study! Show up with your Bible, pen, highlighters, notebook, and whatever you need to have some time in the Word. Jamy Whitaker is leading us this week and she has a great lesson planned for you!

Monday Night~ Didn’t you just love our study leader Stephanie Clayton last week?  Well tonight is your chance to get up close and personal with her. She is our guest speaker and teacher on the conference call. If you’ve been anxious or stressed-out, help is on the way and Stephanie is going to get us there! It’s not too late to sign up for the conference call series.   You also can access previous calls in this series.

Tuesday~ Read Chapter 6, I Can Do It All by Myself…or Can I?  Visit the OBS blog for discussion.

Wednesday~ Did you know that Proverbs 31 has a radio program? Learn about it today on the OBS blog!

Thursday~ Blog Hop!  Here are the topics this week~

1.  Seek First. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. ~Matthew 6:33 NIV. Verse map our reflection verse for three days and share with us how your heart responds to His Word.

2.  I’m A Big Girl! Think of a time when you thought you could do it all by yourself. What happened to make you change your mind?

3. Lay Down My Pride. Chapter 5. How has the issue of pride become a stumbling block in your life? How is the Stressed-Less Living study helping you draw closer to God?

4.  #Blessed. Add to your #Blessed entry or start one today!

Friday~ Bible Study Lesson and your Take Away for the Week! Weekly Winner also announced!

Saturday~ Prayer Requests & Praises on the OBS Blog.

Let’s have a fabulous week of Stressed-Less Living!

Comments

1. A little late with this post but I had a busy but very blessed Mother’s Day! Hope all you moms out there did, too! Praying that we all have a “too blessed to be stressed ” week!

2. Barb Truman, OBS group 19 says:

It just occurred to me that one reason so many of us are “stressed” over becoming “stressed-less” could be the work of Satan. He loves to see us stressed and estranged from God and this OBS has him worried so he is fighting back hard. Because of this, the verse that speaks to me loud and clear is Ephesians 6:12 “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” The verses surrounding Ephesians 6:12 tell us how to fight Satan, beginning with verse 10 “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” We CAN and WILL win if we LET GOD and DON’T GIVE UP. God be with you, sisters!

• Kristi Seat (OBS Leadership Team) says:

You hit the nail on the head Barb! Thank you for sharing these verses about spiritual warfare. The devil will use anything he can to distance us from God and from an encouraging community such as this one. We are blessed and I’m praying that God will touch each of our hearts so that we will turn to Him in the midst of any circumstance that we face this week.

3. Annelise lovell says:

This was so awesome to read. I have been stressing about how behind I am. I would fret about it and then go back to chapter 1 and re-read about knowing whether I had control over the situation or not and then I would relax. But I always kept it in the back of my mind. So not really stressed-less living. :(.
    So I will take the awesome advise and move forward. Thank you for your encouraging words and prayer.

• Kristi Seat (OBS Leadership Team) says:

Thank you for sharing Annelise. The devil wants to keep you stuck in the present and all of the circumstances surrounding you. I know that too well. Praying that God will continue to strengthen you as you move forward and that you will feel His peace this week.

Blessings sister!

4. God’s love, peace, grace strengthened me while my sweet Ginger our 7 year old dog has NO LIVER problems. It has been a long day in waiting at home for results. Our other 2 small dogs have looked all over the house for her while I worked on my studies. We pick her up in 45 mins. They are just like our kids when they were small and keep us entertained and company since our children are grown and have children of their own. God you have brought back my JOY and much WISDOM of YOU this day thru Your WORD. I PRAISE YOU, GOD!

• Kristi Seat (OBS Leadership Team) says:

I’m sure that must have been difficult for you Tracy. Our dogs are sweet members of the family. I’m so happy to hear that you were able to feel God’s presence throughout the day and that Ginger is healthy. Praying that God’s peace will continue to envelop you this week and that Ginger will stay healthy.

Blessings
      Kristi Seat
      OBS Leadership Team

5. Looking forward to digging in to chapter 6 tonight. God Bless You!

6. Christine says:

I’m a little behind on my studies and commenting this week as I have been sick. It feels good to be back in the word! I look forward to this week’s study.

7. Katrina says:

Just getting to this weeks blog posts. Every other weekend since starting this study I’ve had trips out of town planned so I keep playing this game of “get behind, catch back up.” Though I have missed a couple blog assignments and have left comments days late in many cases, I’ve thankfully managed to keep up on the chapter reading and am still learning sooo much. I’m not going to lie and say that continually getting behind and having to catch up again hasn’t stressed me out at all, because it has a bit, but this study has also kept my stress levels way down overall and especially in facing all the activities I’ve had going on.

8. This is a really great message. I’ve been getting behind and wanting to comment on each blog post, but just end up not getting around to it. It’s very comforting to know I’m not the only one and that I can always to back to a part that I missed.

9. Danielle Trevino says:

I too had fallen behind a few times and I am so thankful for the encouragement and push to finish what we started. This has been such a wonderful experience and I have enjoyed it

10. Andrea Riggio says:

I just wanted to comment on the timeliness of the verses at the end of chapter 5. My son called me Monday evening in tears because he didn’t think a job interview went very well. He really wants a job near where he grew up. The last interview went well and he didn’t get the job thus having a so-so interview made him feel defeated. After mi of hearing him cry and wonder if he’d always be in this vivacious cycle of job hunting, I read each of those verses with his name in the blank. At times he sobbed harder. At the end, he was feeling so much better and said that he felt that the verses helped him to trust in God’s timing. An offer letter came from the HR department on Tuesday evening! Praise The Lord and thank you for a study that gave me the right words to say.

11. Kirstin says:

Thank you for the encouragement! Almost as soon as I started this study, my circumstances/ the enemy went to work ratcheting up the stress level! Guess I am getting lots of practice turning over my circumstances to the Lord and seeking His peace in the midst of them. :-) It’s definitely a faltering effort; thank goodness the Lord is pleased even with our stumbling! I got an entire week behind in week 2, and I’ve just been chugging my way along ever since. I am very happy to say that I’m ready to start Chapter 6 while we are still in Week 6. I’ve definitely missed being able to follow along with the blog posts in real time, but I am getting so much out of this study. I look forward to my quiet time each day and was so bummed out one day this week when I missed it. The more I rely on Christ, the better life becomes.

12. Kelley, needed to hear that I am not the only one that fell behind a bit! Although I am not very stressed out about it…I will catch up! And be ready for Sunday!