May 13

SLL Week 6, Day 1 ~ Bible Verse

Our reflection verse this week, Matthew 6:33, gives us a promise if we make the choice to have God first in our lives.

“But seek first his kingdom,” the first part of this verse plainly tells us to turn to God first. He needs to be our first choice and not our last resort. We are called to seek Him first. God demands first place in our lives. The word seek means, “to pursue, crave, go after with all your might.”

When one of my boys has lost a precious toy, he goes about with great determination to find the lost item. It is all he can think about, talk about and is willing to go to great lengths for it. My child is seeking the lost item just like you and I need to be seeking God. However, we do need to be mindful in seeking God that we are seeking His “presence” and not His “presents”. God delights when we choose to spend time with Him because of who He is and not what He can do for us. Think about it this way, do you want a person to be your friend simply because of what you can give them? Absolutely not, then let’s not do the same thing with God.

The next portion, “and his righteousness,” is talking about being filled with God’s desires and be willing to serve and obey Him in everything. The question we have to ask ourselves is “what is really important?”

In our fast-paced, crazy scheduled lives there is simply not time to do everything. This leads to feelings of being overwhelmed and stressed. The only answer is to prioritize and ask what’s important. You and I will make time in our lives for what is important. If God isn’t top priority – first place – other things will take His place and He will not have a place or time in our lives. Therefore, you and I will not feel true peace and the joy of living with less stress.

Matthew 6:33 is situated in a passage where Jesus is teaching about worry. Christ called his disciples to a life free from worry, a life that is defined by trusting God to provide for their daily needs. Like his disciples, Jesus wants us to focus our first energies and priorities on the Kingdom of God because He understood how burdensome and destructive worry and stress could be in our lives. The simple solution is to look at God’s faithful provision in our lives.

However, there are times in my own life that I simply feel weighed down and can’t see how I will make it through. There is just too much to do, too many bills to pay, too many places to go, too many people wanting a portion of me….but GOD. You and I must remember that God gives us enough grace to face each day’s challenges. He will see us through whatever circumstance we find ourselves in. In these times of feeling overwhelmed and drowning, it is a wonderful time to stop and think of how God has provided in the past.

Your Turn to Share

• I  encourage you to not only look up the other stress busting scriptures at the end of Chapter 6, but to journal about them. Which one of these scriptures spoke to you today?
  • Write out our reflection verse for the week, Matthew 6:33 and keep a copy with you or posted to remind you to stop and think about what is important and to strive to seek God first in all things. This would be a wonderful verse to try verse-mapping. I would love to see your photos of your verse-mapping or have you share what stuck out to you in this verse.

Be sure to comment throughout the week to be entered to win the stress relief goodies pictured.

120

Comments

1. Stephanie W. says:

love the little words in the Bible verses this week. Phil.4:13 – I can do everything WITH the help of Christ. Matt 6:33 – he will give you all you need from day to day IF you live for him. John 15:10 – WHEN you obey me…

These little words are a powerful reminder that there is a part for me to play in this journey. God will give me all my needs, but I have to turn to him, I have to live for him and I have to obey him. I have to take responsibility for this too.

Loving this chapter!

2. Rebekah says:

I feel like I’ve been seeking God to get something in return. I feel this is why I’m so stressed that I can’t find contentment with my situation. It’s awesome to know that no matter what mistake I make or twisted thinking I may have that Jesus loves me and because of that I want to learn to seek Him first and not my own desires. This will be challenging!!

• I am with you! I feel like so often I get stressed because I expect my situation to be different or for God to remove it. I end up missing the things God wanted me to say and not fully loving the others involved. I do believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! He can give me the power to overcome, but only when I pursue Him. I love the picture in my mind of pursuing God!

• Fadwa Morrison says:

Rebekah,
      I’ve been thinking the same thing recently. God’s so awesome that even when I know that I’ve screwed up—he gets me out of myself and helps me to understand that was his plan in the first place. Helping me learn more and more so that I can stop what I was doing, saying, or teaching someone else to do. It’s a never ending battle and journey that I forgot I’m not alone because God’s by my side each and every day. I have to make sure to seek him first in all things because many times I rely on myself which isn’t good. I’m learning though and enjoying that opportunity to do so. Thanks.

3. This Bible study speaks to me as so many of the online Bible Studies you have been doing recently have. I have been going through my desert time and I am seeing light at the end of the desert and I know that I am being refreshed by God through these Bible Studies. Until a year ago, I was in a stressful situation that I was in denial about until I was out of it for a time. I can look back and see just what it was doing to me including my fellowship with the Lord. I want that back and I am enjoying the journey now. You are a blessing sent by God! Rock on!

4. The reflection verse spoke to me this week because I know that my “busyness” often results in my relationship with God taking a backseat. I become unrested, unfocused, unorganized and unhappy when I chose to make other things a priority. I’m hoping this week to make God first by literally make him the first part of my day, spending time in prayer and in his word. I have done this in the past and it really does make a difference in how I handle my day.

Thanks again Bible Study leaders for your hard work, commitment and perseverance-this is my 2nd online study and both have been such an amazing blessing!

5. Right at this moment in my life, through this study, I can truly feel the presence of God all around me. Like I’ve shared before, I’m learning to say yes to God. I’m learning to give everything to God and watch Him work. I’m learning that He just wants me, not what I can and can’t do on my own.
    So the verse that speaks to me is, Phil 4:13. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Apart from God, I can do nothing. I can’t even breathe! But with God, I can do everything because He gives me strength.

6. Jackie Eldrenkamp says:

Love our reflection verse this week. After writing it down on my index card and looking over it- something jumped out at me and “stuck” … Seek the King!! Why waste my time and energy ( aka worrying, stressing, fretting) about things when I first need to “Seek the King”! Looking forward to this weeks study!

7. I think Matt 6:33 and Eph 6:12 are speaking the loudest to me right now. I have many things weighing on my heart, and I KNOW God keeps telling me to keep my focus on Him and everything (my peace) will be ok. Eph 6:12 because it helps me to remember that when I lose my peace, it is the enemy.

8. I also am drawn to the reflection verse this week… I was at my Moms from the 1st till the 8th helping her with her moving sale and getting packed up as she has to be out of her house by the end of the month…at the same time I am trying to get my new store up and ready to open by June 1st and I fell behind on reading Ch. 5, and to say the least I feel stressed because I feel distant from God this past wk and a half that I have been busy and I know that I should seek him 1st under all the stress lately, and I haven’t. Then I guess I start to feel ashamed and guilty and avoid everything. I said a prayer this morning while driving to work on the store and asked for forgiveness and am now home and going to get started catching up…I know I don’t like this distant feeling at all. When I read Matthew 6:33 I realized that I haven’t been coming to God first at all, and I need to get back on track..so this is the perfect verse for me this week. I am grateful for this study and I have missed it very much.
    Thank you Father and thank you everyone in this OBS :)

• Aubrey Carey says:

This is true isn’t it! I do the same, when I am behind on a study, or haven’t had quiet time in a few days, I tend to beat myself up about, dwell on the “I can’t because I have xyz to do!” And just don’t do anything.
      Thanks Melissa , for this reminder, that these times esp we need to seek God, rearrange our priorities!

9. I’m really excited to start this next Chapter in SLL because even the title is speaking directly to me, I feel. I’m just in the middle of my verse mapping, and I haven’t looked at the strees-busting scriptures yet, but Matthew 6:34 really sticks out to me:
    “So don’t worry about tomorrow it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings” GNT US Version

This verse was particularly difficult to carry out yesterday. My oldest niece fell off the monkey bars at school and broke her arm. The break was so bad that she required surgery yesterday in order to fix it, and she had to be put to sleep for the procedure. My sister-in-law, who is really more my sister, was extremely upset and anxious. I kept telling her that God always takes care of our family and there isn’t any reason for Him to stop now. I reminded my brother, who didn’t seem quite as anxious, of what my daughter always says when someone is scared or hurt…”God always keeps us safe.” This is so very true, and I know it. Oh my goodness, do I ever know it. But I still grew anxious. Very anxious to the point I drowned myself in organizing coupons so I would be distracted. All the while, I’m talking to good. I’m telling Him I know He will take care of us, and that I’m sorry I’m being such a worry wort. My mind keeps going to my niece. She is my very first niece, and she holds a special place in my heart, as all of my nieces do for different reasons. Audrey’s reason is this: before I held her for the first time shortly after she was born, I really didn’t know what it felt like to love someone so much that you can’t even describe it. That is what I felt the first time I held her and looked at her beautiful. She was and is still one of the most beautiful newborns I have every seen. Truthfully. I kept remembering this automatic feeling I had to want to protect her. She took my breath away. And yesterday, she was hurting, and I am 8 hours away from her, able to physically do nothing for her. But boy did I pray. I’m still praying, and she’s been out of surgery for like 6 or 8 hours now. Here is my prayer today:
    God thank you so much for protecting this little girl from what could’ve been something far worse. Thank you for wrapping your loving arms around our family as you do everyday, and especially the times we need you the most. I confess that even though I know you are great and can do anything, heal anyone, my anxiety has overcome my spirit. I pray Lord that you take this anxious burden from my heart as well as my family’s, and help us to remember that you are with us wherever we go. You will always take care of us. You are a God of mercy and healing. Please go with us today Lord. Be our shield and our fortress, protecting us from the burden of worry and fear. I love you. Thank you. Amen.

Please continue to keep our family in your prayers. God bless you all.

10. Loni Willis says:

Seeking God first in my day had always been a struggle until this year. I see a definite difference in my day when I do. He shows me answers before I ask and gives me the energy to get all the things done that seem to all fall on the same day. He is good, and his steadfast love endures forever!

11. Aubrey Carey says:

Along these lines, and related to the call last night, I have found that journaling my blessings, a thank you to God, each morning, before I do ANYTHING else, totally changes my perspective and outlook on my day.
    I just started this during this study, and this, combined with my new habit of quiet time in the morning getting up early, “making time” for God, has made a huge difference in how I feel, how I react in situations, how I go about my day.
    This is so true, what is important, we make time for.
    I have always made excuses as to why I couldn’t have a quiet time, but now I discipline myself to get up, even when I am tired or don’t want to ( esp these times, they ate when I NEED to!), and I am so thankful I did later in the day.
    I have also been trying to exercise daily, as a stress reliever, and for “me” time, but haven’t been able to figure out a good time for that. This week I tried getting up even earlier, at 530, and read through the Jesus Calling for that day, then walk with praise music on, outside, as the sun comes up. I also pray, thanking God for my blessings as I go. When I get back I journal and do my study.
    This feels like I stole this time from my day, when really I just had to choose to make it a priority!
    Thank you so much for your wonderful messages!!

12. Christine says:

The reflection verse speaks the most to me this week. I’ve been struggling the past 2 years, as a housewife without children yet, to find my “purpose”. I know being a housewife IS a purpose, but the world has been causing me to feel like I’m not really contributing much without a paying job. Anyway, I’ve been taking on all different things that keep me busy, wondering if this task or that new hobby will be my purpose. I haven’t sought God’s will for my life, but rather I’ve just kept myself busy with things that I thought I SHOULD be doing. Things that have kept me too busy to stop and seek God first. He has shown me through this study that I need to let go of seeking other things and seek Him first, and He will show me just what He wants me to do!

13. The verse that hit me the most is 1 John 2:16 . I feel that most if not all of my stress is of the flesh. We are bombarded every seconds of the day whether consciously and subconsciously. It shows me how much MORE I have to totally lean and walk with God. I prayer for everyone in this group to really learn to lean on our Lord.

14. D'Edra Jefferson says:

I have always struggled with seeking God first thing in the morning but I am learning that the more you allow Him in your life and the more you allow Him to “control” the situations, the more He will and things will turn out like they are suppose to.

15. Lauren Beach(OBS Group Leader) says:

Can you believe I am still verse mapping on our Reflection Question! I keep thinking of more things and journaling more! This was a great refection verse this week! We need to want and continue to SEEK GOD!

I really like Philippians 4:13 as well, that verse always speaks to my heart!

16. Cherise (Zoegirl) says:

I am looking in at my motives and intentions when praying, seeking God. I want them to be pure. I want to seek Him because I love Him!

17. Robin Hancox says:

I have been dealing with trying to pass a kidney stone since April 30th, 2013. I have been stressed with worrying about this. I realize that I need to SEEK GOD FIRST for relief from this kidney stone stress. This too shall pass soon!
    Thank you for the wonderful on line bible study.

• Fadwa Morrison says:

Robin,
      May God heal you right now in his Glorious name from kidney stones—as you have chosen to seek him First makes all the difference. You may pass that stone without even knowing it because God’s got it covered. Yes, and this too shall pass–hopefully with less pain than you are in right now. In Jesus Name, I pray—AMEN :)

• Our reflection verse is such an important scripture and one that I need to apply to my life. I seem to be busier now than when my kids were growing up and we had four children! They are all grown now and out on their own…but we are raising our fourteen year old granddaughter and I teach preschool plus my mom has moved close by so that we can be there for her. I know that most of the time I am trying to handle everything on my own….and find myself all frazzled by the end of the day. I am going to make the effort to get up a little earlier to spend time with God first…God bless all of you ladies

18. Christy says:

All I can say is Thank You. I have been n such a battle to get everything done and have willingly not given God the time. What a mistake. The daily emails kept coming so I stopped and opened one today and accountability came. It is not always comfortable but it is necessary. So thank you for answering God’s call to minister to all of us women and remind us of how important it is for us to seek Him.

19. Nancy Miksad says:

I love chapter 6 ~ page 122 2nd paragraph ‘The sooner we recognize that we need to put on the armor of God all the time and that we cannot do anything by ourselves, the sooner we will begin to understand that our quest for less stress must be dependent on God alone.’ In this paragraph where it says ‘our’ I put in my name. Because I know it is something I need to do everyday. I need to visually put on his armor every morning to attack the day(satan) and show him who is boss.

20. Katrina says:

I took a photo with my phone of my verse mapping of Mathew 6:33, but then realized I have no idea how to share it here. I’m probably trying to make this much harder than it really is, but will someone who’s more technically savy please point me in the right direction? It would be much appreciated :)

21. What a great reminder to stop and first have my quiet time each day. God has really placed a burden on my heart to get up before my family and have my time with Him. Pray that I will discipline myself to do this. On days when my time with Jesus is the first thing I do, I am so much more at peace!

22. Renee D. says:

From the stress busting scriptures, the one that struck a cord with me, is one of my favorite scriptures: Phil 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength! This is definitely something I strive to believe each and everyday….all throughout my day. No matter what situations arise like Jamy said above, God gives us grace & mercy each day to handle whatever comes up! How blessed we really are! I thank God for this ministry and this OBS that is helping me to grow in my faith :-)

23. Marie (Ree) says:

I’m continuing to pray & ask God for guidance, and I do believe He led me to this Online study for a reason! I’m really noticing that my stress level drops on the days when I make time for The Lord! I’m finding too, that I actually need to set a timer during my quiet time or I will get so engrossed with my study that I end up being late for work, even though I get up at 4:30! I love reading and studying God’s word!
    I always amazed at how He speaks to me thru His word as well. I spent quite a bit of time reflecting and journaling a list of Blessings along with the things I treasure that God has done for me…what an eye opener when you take the time to write them down and “ponder” them in your heart as “Mary” did! I’m grateful to all the women who make this study possible. It has been life changing and I am finally getting to a place of peace in my job, and I feel God leading me in a new direction toward my dream. I plan to listen for His voice and follow where He leads me this time!!

24. Fadwa Morrison says:

It’s so funny that this week’s lesson is about stress. I feel that way right now in everything that’s going on in my life, the demands being placed upon it per my family-the job-the kids-the husband, etc that it makes me just want to break down and cry. Oh, Sorry, I did that recently too. However, today as I read this scripture, it reminds me that even when things seemed so stressful I still looked to God for guidance and help because I didnt know what else to do. I wonder at times if I’m asking too much and then something comes my way to say you are asking too little because Nothing, absolutely nothing, is too hard, difficult, much, etc for our God. He reminds me daily that when I look to him—everything falls into place even when I dont think it does.
    I’m so thankful for this study—I’ve been slacking some but enjoying what I’m reading and know that I will need to reread it in order to really understand it but that’s good because constantly reminding myself makes me love and appreciate all that God does for me and so much more.
    Thanks.

25. I talked to my SS class just this week about having the proper motivation for the things we do, not to be self seeking or attention seeking but God seeking. I think of David after God promised the kingly lineage to him. He went and just sat before the ark of the covenant in awe of God. His words to God were, “Who am I that YOU would do this for ME? Is this how you normally deal with men?” I want to come to the place where just sitting in His presence is enough. Seeking Him first…

26. Brenda E says:

I think in looking for the path to contentment we don’t have faith that God really knows what is best for us. Satan plants doubts in our minds. So even when I pray for God to take care of the details, my human nature wants to take them back again. I have started this week humming the words to Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, to remind me that Jesus is in control, and if I turn to Him, he will lead me as I should go, and clear up the details.

27. I am handling a situation with a difficult neighbor and moving to a retirement community.When I felt I had to handle it all by myself I was very anxious and nervous.I finally prayed and said “God I am depending on you to guide me His peace was in me.

28. “I can do everything through him who gives me strength” I was surprised to see that verse at the top of the list and it made me smile. Which is odd b/c I associate that verse with a really tough time in my life. Although it got me through it, so maybe that’s why I smiled. A few years ago one of my high school students was diagnosed with Leukemia. She had to have a bone marrow transplant and a lot of other difficult treatments. She missed a lot of school and requested me to be her homebound teacher. I ended up becoming very involved with her and her family. I visited her many times in the hospital, even staying over night a few times with her. She got better for awhile but then the cancer came back and she passed away. I was there with her and her family when she died. It is something I will never forget, both for the bad parts and the good. One of the good things is that I was able to share my faith with the family. I’m not sure I did a very good job, but I did the best I could. Her mom asked me to pray with her in the hospital chapel one time, which has been the first and only time up to this point that I’ve ever prayed with someone like that before. I often asked myself why me? Why am I in this situation? The only explanation is that is exactly where God wanted me to be. I think God wanted me to support, help, and comfort my student and her family. I am thankful that God was with me and that his word gave me strength to persevere and do his will to the best of my ability.

29. Boy, this study is really hitting home with me! I quit my job last May because of the unbelievable stress it was causing on my entire life. Family, friends, my mental and physical well being and my self-worth. The the beginning of ch. 6 is exactly how I felt after I spent a weekend at Women of Joy. Oh my, can I so relate. I feel like you are writing this book for me. I am excited to see what God will do with me and how I will begin to let HIM be in control and not little ole’ me! Thank you!

30. Matthew 6 has been a great source of comfort to me during the hardest trials of my life. I’m enjoying verse mapping and learning more about God’s plan for peace in my life!

31. I grew up in a Nazarene church and went to the school there until 6th grade. During my school days there I learned the verse Matthew 6:33 as a song. It quickly became one of my favorite songs and I have sung that throughout my entire life whenever things start to get stressful..scary…whatever the situation is. That song comes first to my mind.
    Philippians 4:13 is a verse that I have clung to since 1990. That one came from church camp. One of my counselors wrote it on the back of my camp picture. I was a sophomore in highschool at the time and things were really tough for me emotionally. That scripture has helped me get through many trials since.

32. Lori D. says:

I just finished Chapter 5 last night.(a bit behind) and Troubles and Treasures really hit me hard. As I am feeling like tracie did before she encountered the most amazing blessing of truly feeling God. I long for that and beg him for that. I’m just not there yet and have been feeling unworthy or just not good enough to have that experience. It seems as though the closer I was getting to him the farther apart the devil has left me.

33. Colette says:

I have been sidetracked from life and a fierce spiritual battle but wanted to share my verse for the week….Psalm 61:3
    “For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.”
    I am so far behind in the study but am pressing forward and trusting God to shelter me from this life’s challenges. I would love to win the stress relief goodies!! :-)

34. John 15:10 speaks to me. Or at least confuses me. Actually, much of John 15 makes me ponder, This verse states “When you obey my commandments,, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love”. Does this mean that if you stop obeying Gods Commandments then he will no longer love you? John 15:2, states “He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce more fruit.” John15:6 states “Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned”. John 15:8 says “When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to the father.” These verses makes me wonder if it is possible that one can lose their salvation. Also, if we do not produce much fruit are we not truly Christians and therefore not his disciples. I have tried to search this verse but the only commentary discusses the part about obeying the Commandments. Which is only restating the commandments but doesn’t explain the part of “remaining in his love”. Its a scary thought because I feel as if I do not produce any fruit much less much fruit. Has he already cut me off his branch? Am I no longer in his love? if you have any opinions or thought please let me know.

• Kelly, although I am no Bible scholar, I do believe that if we could lose our salvation, Jesus would have to get back up on that cross and die for us all over again. My goodness, He would not have a moment’s rest between getting on and off. Jesus died once for all. He was buried and rose again the third day and ascended into Heaven where he is waiting for us believers. However, true belief is putting ones’ faith in Jesus and having a personal relationship with him. Believe with the heart and not just the head. Lots of people believe in God but don’t have that personal relationship with Jesus. The devil believes and trembles. Salvation isn’t based on feelings. I don’t feel saved sometimes and take a walk down guilty lane. I am guilty of not reading my Bible daily, so I don’t feel saved. I am guilty of not praying all the time, I don’t feel like I am saved. i don’t go to church each Sunday, I don’t feel like I am saved. Do you see where I am heading with this Kelly? Feelings can and will let us down. I know I am saved by the blood of Jesus. I know if I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that Jesus is the Lord, I will be saved. I have been a born again Christian many years but am still growing daily with God. I am always stumbling but my heavenly father picks me up with open arms. He walks beside me and holds my hand. I know not what the future holds but I do know who holds the future. Kelly, you cannot lose your salvation if you truly accepted Christ as your personal savior. Salvation is based on an action, not a feeling. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
      Read Romans 8:38-39 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.Romans 10:9-10 I hope these help you

• Kelly by action, I am not implying by works. For by grace ye are saved through faith it is a gift of God not of works lest anyone should boast

35. Sherri J says:

I just finished reading yesterday…I feel like this whole chapter was about me…I struggle with pride in different areas and definitely expecting way too much from my family and when those expectations don’t occur like they should to me I lose it…I am definitely going to work on giving things over to God and I really am going to focus on the stress busting verse 1 John 2:16 “For everything in the world-the cravings of sinful man, the lust of eyes and the boasting of what he has and does-comes not from the Father but from the world”

I can’t wait to start with Chapter 7…great study.

36. That Matthew West song has gotten me through alot!
    Thanks for reminding me to listen to it!

37. I find myself trying to do things in my own power and when that fails turning to God. I often use Him as a last resort. Ouch! That hurt to admit that. God has always been faithful at answering my prayers and providing my needs. When the doubts set in, I need to look at the past. God was faithful then and He hasn’t changed. He will be faithful now. I get so impatient an wonder why, God. Why do you allow my daughter to go through these financial struggles when she is working hard and has a family to support. Why God do you allow my son to be a part of a marriage when it seems his wife only wants him when he has money in his pocket. Why God do you allow my grandkids to be torn apart by a mom who doesn’t want them and a dad they seldom see. Why, Why. Why? Then I turn back the pages of time and look at what God did for all of us in each of these situations before. How He was and is faithful to answer prayer in His time and in His way. Not our way but His. Not our time but His. I try to help my daughter by loaning her money or paying a bill for her, then she has to pay me back so then she is short for the next bill. I didn’t help at all. Just postponed the inevitable because I need the money back. I am on SS and live payday to payday. Then I advise my son on what he should see in his marriage and what he should/should’t do He says he prays and God wants him to stay with her. All i see is that he lives with us and goes home to her when she needs his money for something or needs him to do some chores for her. Almost two years and nothing new in the relationship. He doesn’t need my advice. I am not walking in his shoes. Only God has the answers in his time. I try to get the mom out of the grandkids lives because she is no good for them. God did it. He always has and I am reminded of that every time she takes me to court to get visitation. I am the guardian of them. She always messes up and backs out. After they are upset and discouraged. She goes years without contact then comes back and the court allows her to do this. Oh God why? but our God is powerful and He is always right and he works it out. I try to do it myself and fail. I need the remember Matthew 6:33 and never forget it. and Jeremiah 29:11 this study is so helping me and I pray for the OBS ladies to have wisdom and to enlighten them each day in what God has for them to share with us. Thank you all

38. Michelle says:

Philippians 4:13 spoke to me. Often I think I am strong, independent, and ready to tackle whatever is thrown at me. I overlook the “side effects” of me taking on the world on my own. Often I am tired, exhausted, stressed, worried, tense, and unhappy. ALL symptoms of the “I got this” syndrome. When I see this verse, it reminds me that there is a better way. It reminds me that I do not have to be burdened by these symptoms but that “I can do everything through him who gives me strength” – Philippians 4:13.

39. Just finished all of chapter 6 and realized I missed this post… knew immediately that even in this God had a simple plan. I needed to sort this out and figure it out for myself through my reading, prayer and reflection. But it certainly felt affirming when I came back and found it! Jesus, I trust in You! I also learned much about our struggle with the devil and how much more real this is than I had ever thought…I could actually look back and see the role he has played in my life…especially when I have felt the most peaceful and oneness with my Lord! Each verse spoke to my heart this week but our reflection verse Matthew 6:33 will be the most memorable, as I remember every moment that God is #1 in my life! Thank you Jamy! Praise God!

40. For chapter 6 stress busting scripture that really spoke to me we Ephesians 6:12 The struggles I have seem to be more mentally and spiritually. Somtimes I feel I fight with my self more than any other person. I am proud to say that I finally caught up with the rest of the group. God was really gracious to me with my time and I started chapter 7 last night. I even typed and printed out some of my favorite stress bustinf scriptures and I am going to tape them on my bedroom mirror so when I wake up and I can see God’s word and it be the first thing I see. i even made a copy for my sister….