May 15

SLL Week 6, Day 3 ~ P31 Radio Ministry

I love listening to the local Christian radio station, WBGL, whether I am in the car or at home on my computer. Besides playing wonderful music that speaks to my heart, they also have radio spots from various ministries. This is how I first heard about Proverbs 31 Ministries. I came to look forward to the 1-minute P31 radio devotions by Lysa TerKeurst and Renee Swope.

proverbs31_radioministry_staff.jpg.200x250_q85

If you can’t see Lysa and Renee in the picture above, click here to view directly on the blog.

In their short radio devotions, I received such hope and encouragement. Lysa and Renee offered a godly perspective about real-life struggles and gave real-life solutions to everyday issues in a down-to-earth and relevant way. I realized I wasn’t the only woman thinking or feeling this way. Lysa and Renee are so real. I could relate with these women through the airwaves. My favorite part is how they break down biblical principals into bite-sized pieces for women to carry with them through the day.

I am simply amazed at how God works. By connecting to these ladies through the radio program, I began to learn more about Proverbs 31. This is how I discovered Melissa’s website and started participating in the Online Bible Study, and now I am a member of the teaching team and one of the leaders. This is a wonderful reminder that you never know where God will lead.

One great thing about the P31 radio ministry is that it goes where you are – on the internet or in the car. You can also listen to or read Lysa and Renee’s one-minute devotional messages at your convenience through the P31 website archives and P31 radio podcasts. Be sure to click the link to find out where you can listen to Proverbs 31 Ministries in your area or online via our podcast or at OnePlace.com

Your turn – Be sure to leave your answers in the comment section to be entered to win this week’s give away. BONUS PRIZE~ Answer one (or more) of today’s questions and you will be entered to win a Proverbs 31 Ministries’ Radio CD containing 40 radio shows from Lysa and Renee! There will be 3 winners!

• Where do you listen to the radio most often (i.e. home, computer, ipod, car)?
  • Do you listen the Christian radio – online or on the air?
  • Have you ever heard the Proverbs 31 Radio Ministry on your local radio station?
  • If there were one or two topics you’d like Renee or Lysa to talk about {in one-minute} on the radio, what would they be?

A note from Renee: We’d love to hear your feedback about our show {if you’ve heard it on the air or online.} Also, if your local Christian station doesn’t air the P31 show, let us know if you’d like to help make that a possibility. Just email radio@proverbs31.org with “My Local Station” in the subject line. :)

We love connecting with friends and listeners, so thank you Melissa, Jamy & OBS team for sharing about our P31 show!!

***Click here to access the Week 6, Day 2 post

***Click here to access the Week 6, Day 3 post

Comments

1. I listen to AFR and Air1 radio stations. I haven’t heard P31 on the radio. Not sure if the radio stations I listen to air P31, but would love it if they did.

2. Barbara Prince says:

I’ve never heard the Proverbs31 broadcast on K-love, which I only listen to in my car and I don’t have good reception. Most of the Christian music I listen to is from Spotify on my computer. I go to sleep with Christian music playing.

3. I listen to Moody radio and most often on my iPad. I have the Moody radio append I can tune in at various times to listen to different speakers. I have never heard the P31 devotional there but will check it out. I also get several speakers via podcast so will check it out there as well.

4. I first heard about P31 on my local Christian radio station. I listen in the cae. That is how I found out about your ministry and signed up for the daily devotions. From the devotions I found out about the OlB studies and began to participate in them. I had been looking for a study that I could do with my busy schedule and the OLB has worked out good for me. This is only my second study and I was a little late getting my book , but I am enjong it and have been blessed by all of the teaching and sharing. It has been encouraging to me…you are all such a blessing:)

5. This is what I posted on the small fb group I am on:
    I listen to K-Love and they have some very good spots with Lysa and Renee as well as Encouraging Word (I have written each daily verse on an index card and now have a great collection). That is how I first learned of Proverbs which is how I found Melissa Taylor which is how I found Beth Anderson which is how I found Cheri Gregory which is how I found Good Morning Girls (currently doing a study of Luke with them) and I found crosscards.com and I found so many wonderful blogs and the list goes on! It is truly amazing how God blesses us!

I can only imagine how many lives have been touched by Proverbs 31. The Encouraging Word literally saved me many times. I’d like to hear more Proverbs 31 radio! Thank you for opening my mind and heart up to the Lord through your ministry!

6. Becky Kneller says:

I listen to Proverbs31 ministries devotion on SpiritFM, mostly in my car. However, when I work weekends, I listen to the online version. The devotions always touch me.

7. Candace says:

I listen to KSBJ in my car mostly and yes, they do play the P31 radio spots!

8. Christine says:

I first learned of p31 ministries at a women’s conference where Renee was the speaker. She was great! Then I checked out the website, and about the same time KLove radio came into my area and that is where I hear the P31 one minute devotionals. They come on just in time for me as i’m on my way home from work to pick up my two girls from school. These gals know we women are busy busy busy, but we still want to connect with God in some way during our day to help us refocus our vision. Thanks for the great job you ladies do each day. It is real life encouragement for the struggles I and so many others go through.

9. Martha F. says:

I listen to Go-Mix 88.7 in eastern NC & first heard Lysa & Proverbs 31 here. Praising God I heard & checked out the website. Now I’m on my 3rd Bible study & love it! I also listen to The Message on channel 63 on satellite radio.
    Thanks Proverbs 31 for all you do!

10. I listen to the Christian radio station, “The Message”, Channel 63 satilite radio in my car to and from work.

I have not heard P31 radio ministries, but will look them up in my area.

11. I listen to the radio on my phone, the K-Love App.
    I only listen to christian music but only on my K-Love app on my phone.
    I have not heard P31 radio ministries because I do not listen to my local station but friends of mine that do say that it is on our local station.

12. I listen to the radio mainly in the car, most always KLOVE. I have heard Proverbs 31 Radio Ministry on our local station. A 1 minute topic that I would need to hear during the day? Something to encourage working moms.

13. I actually listen a lot on either my satellite radio or tv! I have not heard the P31 radio show, but love reading the transcripts. I need to check it out where I can find it. :)

14. Dawn H. says:

Love, love, love the P31 Ministries. I live in Lexington, SC and listen to it on WMHK Radio Station. Sometimes they completely crack me up, because the situation that you are describing has just happened to me! Or…there are times when it brings me to tears, because the situation is mine or a close friends, as well! Listening to these short stories is how I found this whole ministry! I have now read several of your books, devotionals, and now my first online study! Praising God for this ministry!!!

15. Most of the time, I listen to the radio on my computer. I use Pandora to listen to Christian stations primarily.

16. Listen to k love in the car I have a 45 min commute both ways. I also am a teacher asst and listening in the morning helps me prepare for my day.

17. Rebecca says:

I most often listen to K Love online. It does not air locally and I really enjoy that station. They are doing a great work for God! I have heard Lysa and Renee online (throught the link on the P31 website) but never live on the air. I checked and they are not on any stations near me.
    I am always encouraged by Christian music and Christian broadcasting. :). Thank you Lysa and Renee for serving God in that capacity.

18. I listen to the Proverbs 31 on Moody Radio,which I have set on my radio in my sewing room, car & kitchen radio, yea I love that station lol! I’ve been to Lysa’s conferances & have several of her books as well as other speakers, humm what could you say in a minute, the importance of keeping your oil lamp filled
    Helen

• Yay!!!! Lysa is amazing! If you haven’t read Renee’s book “A Confident Heart” – it’s another must read! That book changed lives! Our next P31 OBS is going to be “What Happens When a Woman Says Yes to God” by Lysa! Hope you’ll come back and join us!

19. I have heard the p31 radio minute on Klove Radio, I listen every morning…and when i walk my dog I listen on my cell phone App. When I have opportunity I do listen at work online to Klove. I have also heard their program on our local radio station 102.5 WOLC Salisbury, MD 21801.
    P31 is such a blessing to me. These past 5 years I have been through a difficult divorce, I lost our home, my ex disconnected from our children, then went to prison for 2 years ( and this is christian man – that satan got a hold of through drugs and deceit) now he is out and trying to rebuild a relationship with our children…through this time, I felt very alone. P31 and Melissa’s OBS ‘s have been a God Send!! God Bless You All – Keep on keeping on!!!!

• Teresa, praise God for bringing you to P31 and to Melissa Taylor’s Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies. I am so glad that God led you to OBS when you needed it most, and praising Him for the work He is doing in your life now – He is a God of restoration. You have a testimony, a story to tell – of faith – and God’s Grace and Mercy….You my sister are shining bright for Him and you right here, right now planted a seed that many need to hear. When things get tough or we are stressed, if we will only reach out to Him, we will find what we need through Him to get through every situation. Thank you for sharing your heart!

20. I have a great story about how I came across KLOVE. I was trading in the Beamer for a Jetta. When I was driving out of the parking lot, KLOVE was on the radio of the Jetta. I had never heard KLOVE before! Needless to say, it’s been on ever since and has been so encouraging and up lifting. I listen online as well. I heard the 30 second Proverbs 31 segments on KLOVE and loved them!!!

21. The only Christian radio stations I can pick up is the Pilgrim radio station and K-Love which I listen to when I am driving but I haven’t heard P31 before on there so I must be driving at the wrong times. Lol.. I 1st heard of P31 I believe on the One Place website which is where I signed up for the daily devotions which is how I heard of the bible study. I am sure glad I did :) I am very interested in hearing the radio program though as I love the devotions!!

22. I love listening to Christian radio. It is so uplifting. I use an app on my phone and listen to Bott Radio Network through my bluetooth at work. We are allowed to do this as long as it doesn’t bother fellow workers and I need something inspiring in the background to keep my attention focused on my duties. It has amazed me how the preachers I hear on the radio and this book just line up. God is amazing!

I haven’t heard the P31 radio spots when I listen in the morning.

23. Treasure says:

God cannot mend our hearts if we never admit they are broken
    Page133

24. I listen too our local Christian station KAXL listener supported usually in the car. I have not heard the P31 broadcast. But would love to.

25. I have never heard Proverbs 31 on KLove. I listen most in the car on the way to and from work…it makes the long commute less stressful…lol! I also have some Christian tunes on my iPhone I use with a headset to calm the stress at work and provide a barrier in more ways than one.

26. jackie s says:

i listen to Christian music almost exclusively – mostly because i am in the car for short time frame (15 minutes to work, 15 minutes going home) and I want/need music that will strengthen me.

not sure if P31 broadcasts anywhere that i can pick up – orrville, ohio (usually can get THE FISH 95.5 and also THE LIGHT 95.9); just got an iPad, so perhaps that will also be a tool to use to hook up with music/broadcasts.

27. Rebecca says:

I’ve never heard of this Radio Broadcast but it would be good to check out on my computer. I mostly listen to the radio when I’m in my car. I don’t have sirus radio so have to listen to the local channels so KLOVE sometimes since thats the only Christian Station that comes in or the other local pop and country music stations. At home I listen to spotify or my Ipod but not usually the radio apps just music I have stored on them!

28. I used to love hearing the P31 radio broadcasts when I lived in Aiken, SC. Since living in Greenville I listen to His Radio in the car and online at home. I don’t remember hearing them on K-Love when I lived in Kannapolis, NC. I found a station through this post that plays the P31 broadcasts in Greenville and I will be checking it out! Thank you so much for all you ladies do to connect with women. I remember just getting back into church, listening to Christian music to expand my church day feelings and during the week when I was feeling low, hearing Lysa (I think) talking about real-life feelings and working through them in a Godly way! Amazing job!!

29. Nothing brightens my day more than to hear these broadcasts! Praising God daily for you awesome ladies and the work you do! You touch my life and the lives of so many through this broadcast and I am so thankful! Thank you for all you do to shine the light of Jesus out into the world of busy women!

30. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Matthew 6:33 ESV)

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. (John 15:4 ESV)

The moment a branch us broken off the vine, it begins to die. It doesn’t matter how close it is to the vine, if the union has been broken, there will be no energy going into it. There will be no sap flowing from the vine into the branch.
    That’s a vivid picture of what happens to us if we don’t stay in vital contact with The Lord. When we become too busy to spend time with God in prayer and His Word, when we become preoccupied with natural, earthly things and disconnect from communion with Him we immediately begin to wither.
    We still belong to Him. We still have His life in us, so we can’t produce any fruit of the Spirit.
    To help in reducing stress in your life, make The Lord #1 priority in your life.

31. I listen to the christian radio mostly at work while working.
    JoyFm on the air FL though I live in Ohio now, thay have current day christian music and classic christian radio. No I have not, but how to hang on sometimes, and working in a rough spiritually environment.

32. I love our K LOVE station. My husband & I listen to it in the car all the time!

33. I listen in the car during my 45 min ride to work. Depending on mood, it might be Christian music. Speaking of that…I love the two artists/songs your spotlighted already. I could use some suggestions about Christian artists that the rest of the OBS members like. If I feel I need some real teaching on a particular day, I listen to podcasts of Joyce Meyer. We have a Christian radio station locally, but the reception is not good in the car, and that can cause issues with the driver’s patience:)

34. I listen to KLOVE in Pittsburgh and WORD fm. I here the devotionals on KLOVE and have enjoyed Lysa’s broadcasts on Focus on the Family on WORD…that is how I found out about Proverbs 31 Ministries. I listen in my car. Christian Radio is the only thing my family listens to. I have learned that what we fill ourselves with is what we will spill out. Proverbs 31 Ministries has encouraged me in my walk with Christ. I love how real all the women are! You have taught me that reaching others with real life situations and being transparent helps people see that God is real and is with us. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

35. Lee Roberts says:

I have heard some of your positive minutes on K-Love. I was so excited to hear it because I have been also reading your online devotions every day as well as the online bible study. The messages were very uplifting and encouraging. I was driving from TN to TX when I heard them several times that day and I was not able to get on my computer for those couple of days so it meant even more to get to hear them.

36. Michelle says:

I listen to the live broadcast of KBIQ most often in the car, but I also like to turn it on in my room at work while I eat lunch. I have not heard Proverbs 31 on this station. I occasionally listen to Today’s Christian on my phone and I think I’ve heard them on there.

37. I listen to WayJ FM in South Florida anytime I’m in my car or the WayFM app on my phone. I’ve never heard a P31 radio announcement on there but I have listened to them online. Would love to hear them throughout my day on the radio though. The joy that comes across in their voice always adds to the blessing of the message.

38. I only listen to KLove radio at home online or in my car…I had been listening to the Proverbs31 devotionals and found them inspiring. One night it just popped in my head (thanks God!) That I should check out the website. That was an awesome moment! I stayed up almost all night reading, clicking on blog links and subscribing to every email post I could! The rest is history! I discovered the Bible studies and signed on. I also found Renee Swope’s A Confident Heart study as well via her blog. It all started with the radio….