May 19

Stressed-Less Living, Week 7

Hi! Here we are in Week 7 and I have a message for you~

If you cannot see the video message above, click here to view directly on You Tube.

Reflection Verse 7

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.  Philippians 4:8

This sounds simple enough, right? As I mentioned in the video message above, it takes intention, practice, and decisiveness. We do have the ability to choose our thoughts. How will you choose yours?

This week, Linda Kuhar, will lead us in some solid Bible teaching and we will work on bringing this verse to be alive and active in our lives!

Suggested Assignments, Week 7

Participate & Comment! Remember each time you comment, you are entered to win a weekly prize. This week we are giving away a

Sunday~ Get ready for Week 7! Look over your week and plan for time with God and Bible Study. We will be reading Chapter 7, Overcoming Your Giants, this week.

Monday~ Bible Study! Get your Bible, pen, highlighter, notebook, and go to the OBS blog, www.MelissaTaylor.org for your Bible Study lesson and assignment. Discussion and interaction will be happening in the comment section.

Monday Night~ Conference Call #4 with special guest, Proverbs 31 Ministries’ very own, Sheila Mangum! Have you ever wondered how to get closer to God, to hear from God, to know God better? Sheila is a close personal friend of God. She is passionate about her Lord and fully believes in His promises. She has experienced much loss in her life, but through it all, she remains confident that God has got it all under control.

*****Hurry to order the Stressed-Less Living Conference Call Series before the price increases! Right now you will receive 5 calls containing 5 interviews with dynamic guests & 5 biblical messages to enforce Stressed-Less Living in your life TODAY. Each call begins and ends with prayer. You can listen to the call live or if you have to miss it, each call is recorded for you to listen later at your convenience. You can even download the call! Order the Stressed-Less Living Conference Call series today!

Tuesday~ Check the OBS blog for Chapter 7 insight and discussion.

Wednesday~ Have you ever considered speaking, writing, or leadership in ministry?  Proverbs 31 She Speaks Conference just might be for you! This is the door I entered that brought me to where I am today with Proverbs. Who knew that when I walked into the She Speaks Conference back in 2002 it would lead to seven years on the Speaker Team, 6 years on the office staff, and now Director of Online Bible Studies?  I took a small step of obedience and God made unimagined dreams come true. Could He be calling you to take that small step of obedience this year?

Thursday~ Blog Hop!

What-EVER. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” Philippians 4:8. Map our reflection verse for three days and share with us how your heart responds to His Word.

2. God is Here. We are always growing and maturing in our faith. At times, our faith grows with one big leap. All of a sudden, things seem clearer and God seems close enough to touch. Describe a time when you experienced God in a profound way and in turn, your faith made a leap forward.

3. Not my Goliath. Chapter 6. God provides us with what is needed to face the Goliaths in our lives. What are some big things you are facing right now? How are you depending on God’s strength to face these Goliaths?

4. #Blessed. Add to your #Blessed entry or start one today!

Friday~ Bible Study Lesson, this week’s winner, and your take away for the week! It’s all on the blog!

Saturday~ Prayer Requests & Praises. It’s a special day on the OBS blog. Share your prayers with you OBS community. This is our opportunity to give back by lifting up our sisters in Christ.

Comments

1. Janet F says:

So excited about this weeks study to get some advice on how to overcome the giants in my life that stress me out and get me down. My prayer through this study is, like the book says on page 141, “to become more mature in my faith, learning to trust that God is capable of all things, and I will see Him as bigger and bigger every time I encounter Him.” And know and remember in my heart that GOD IS BIGGER!!!!!
    And Oh to have a Christ-like attitude in the wait!!!! My attitude is one of my biggest giants I have to face!! Lord help me to focus on YOU and not the giants!! I pray for all of us in this study to run to the battle of victory in our lives knowing GOD IS BIGGER than any giant we are facing today and we have the victory when we trust in HIM!!
    God bless you all today, have a blessed Lord’s day!♥

• Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

Oh, Janet…I’m excited for this week too!! My attitude can be one of my biggest giants, especially when I start to get stressed. Like Melissa said…stinkin’ thinkin’. Love the analogy of David and Goliath. I’m praying with you that we all remember that our God is bigger than any “giant” we will face.

2. Excited to see what God is gonna do this week. I have so many giants to overcome its not even funny. But I was so worn down with stress I didn’t have what it took to fight them. This Biblestudy has been AMAZING in my life. I am begging God to constantly remain in me. I am realizing my need for God and how much I was really trying to doit on my own. I didn’t think I was but when it comes down to it that’s exactly what I was doing. So excited. Also praying God reveals when Satan is actually attacking me and wouldn’t you know yesterday I was sooo depressed and fighting things. So prayed lots and feel so much better today. It’s crazy when we start becoming aware af Satan and fight it before it does too much damage!!!! God bless all of you. And may we all find the heart of our God and His love for all of us

3. Courtney says:

Welcome, Lisa! You have joined a special group of God lovin’ ladies! They have been a blessing to my life and I’m looking forward to hearing from you as well.

Linda, I’m excited about this week’s topic! As Melissa stated we need to focus on God instead of our problems because He is so much bigger than anything we face. For me, that is sooooo easy to say, but I still stress. I’m hoping this week you can minister to me on how to totally let go and let God. Sometimes I forget stressing and me trying to do God’s work only complicate any situation. I need help with praying about and LEAVING with Him.

• Courtney, I’m right there with you, girl. I’m good at taking my burdens to the Lord but don’t always leave them there. I tend to “snatch” them back. And I know that He is fully capable of handling them. Just got to work harder & pray that I can learn to trust Him more!

• Courtney says:

Rita,
        My sweet OBS sister! I pray that we will rebuke the spirit of worry. There are so many great rewards our Father has stored for us. We just to trust Him when he calls us off the shore into a rocky boat, like the disciples. He tells us today just like he told the disciples, “Follow me”. Often, He doesn’t tell us where we’re going, but we need not worry and go! The path may be tough, but he will never send us anywhere without the tools we need, even if we can’t see it. That’s when are faith steps in. And nothing please Him more than us trusting him and our faith. And while we’re going through the storms, we mustn’t forget that He has not forgotten about us. He’s giving us time to prepare, learn, and get ready for the next great thing in our lives. He also is using that time to prepare the blessing; just like he did for Moses and the Israelites in the book of Exodus. They trusted God and knew he wouldn’t send them anywhere without the tools they need; or without him. Isn’t that something! I pray that this week all of us that struggle with letting it go learn how to have that trust and crazy faith! In Jesus precious, mighty, everlasting, and holy name. Amen.

Rita, I pray that this week hels you, me, and all 7,000 women on this journey. :)

4. Love the “imperfect action” reminder! Looking forward to lessening the hold that stressors play in my life. : )

5. Good morning,

Just wanted to comment that I love Lisa Allen’s comment “Imperfect Action is better than Perfect Procrastination” because I struggle with that continuously. I realize now that the evil one comes into my life and causes this. I wanted to write the quote down on index cards to place them in all the areas of my everyday world. Work, car, bathroom and kitchen because i struggle with this so much. It took me 14 times !!! 14 TIMES!!! to write this correctly on an index card — that was scary and enlightening!! Be gone Satan!!!

6. Tracy Law says:

Lord, Help me to plan time in this week to complete all You and the Leaders in this study have for me to grow in and through this weeks lesson. In Jesus Name amen

7. Michele says:

I’m so excited about this next chapter. I’m a bit behind, I haven’t answered the discussion questions from last week, but I’m gonna finish those this afternoon. I loved the video! I loved the quote she said about imperfect action better than perfect procrastination. As a procrastinator, that is what I need! So excited to start learning to overcome my giants!

8. Marie (Ree) says:

Welcome Lisa Allen! We are excited to work with you as well and look forward to what God has in store for us, through You!

The Lord continues to speak to me personally through His word and I am blessed that He has allowed me to witness how He is speaking and working in the lives of all of the ladies in this study; through reading their posts and visiting their blogs!

My stress level at work is still the same but I’m learning to handle it differently and this Bible study is the reason! I’m empowered by being in better control of my actions and reactions! I’m amazed too, at how much that control calms me inside and out! I know that power comes to me from the Holy Spirit and it’s been there all along. I’m just sad it’s taken me so long to finally rely on that strength! But blessed to realize it! Thank you Jesus!

I’m looking forward to the conference call on Monday night. They have been another blessing to me in this study! I’m thanking God in advance for all the good things he has planned for each us this week!

I’m thanking him too, that even in adversity he has drawn all of our hearts to rely on Him! What an awesome opportunity adversity brings each of us to draw closer to Jesus in our walk of faith!
    Have a blessed week in adversity or praise!

9. Phyllis Wiley says:

I am really looking forward to this weeks study! Love the reflection verse – that is really speaking to me and I can’t wait to get into the meat of the study this week!
    Thanks for making this all possible!

10. What would my life look like if I took an active role in applying this verse? Too often I am a dweller, but not on the good, pure and lovely things I have done or witnessed. Dwelling on the pure, God make this a reality for me.

11. lynn fincher says:

A great opening this week with Melissa Taylor and Lisa Allen on video.. It always great to see a video and enjoy the presentation . I love the title of Chapter7
    “Overcoming Your Giant” We all have one maybe more but I know I am looking forward to this one.. God Bless the women in this study and our leaders too! Starting off in a high positive mode..
    Lynn:)

12. Christine says:

I’m looking forward to this week’s lesson! I often give up controlling my thoughts (I tend to dwell on the negative) because it’s so hard. I know it takes practice but it’s so hard and I give up too easy. I am definitely doing the verse map of that scripture this week!

13. I love this week’s reflection verse. It’s a passage of Scripture that I’ve committed to memory because it refocuses my mind on the things of God and his characteristics and banishes discouraging thoughts. I also love the verse that comes right after it: Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:9 NIV). I thought it fitting since our study is about finding God’s peace. When we transform our thinking and then put what we’ve learned from God into action, we will find his peace. Looking forward to this week!

14. Looking forward to this week. Gotta be on the ball for the blog hop on Thursday because I will be gone camping for 4 days starting that morning. Praying for the Lord’s direction and strength this week. I also got the referral for the Rheumatologist, so I see him before we roll out of town on Thursday. Praying for answers! Thanks!

• Praying for you Stephanie on seeing your rheumatologist! I pray you get some answers and have fun camping! -:)

15. Treasure says:

I managed to go back and do chapter 5 last night so now I’m caught up but feeling a little overwhelmed. There has been so much good stuff in this book. I think I will have to go back and reread it this summer!

16. Charletta Rupert says:

Loved the video clip and the idea of wrong thinking being stinking thinking.

17. TABITHA JONES says:

I am looking forward to what God has in store for this week. I have learned so much the last 6 weeks. I will be put to the test this week with stress, but I know God will be by my side and carry me through it all. Please pray for my 2 boys as they have to take end of the year testing this week. My oldest freaks out when he has to take a test and he needs to stay focus so we can make it to the 12th grade this year. He has really struggled to get from grade to grade and we have one more year to get through. We have 3 graduations to attend on Thursday and many things to do before Thursday. I ask that each one of you pray for me that I will use what I have learned and not stress out.

18. I’m so excited to start another week and I can’t believe we are already in week 7. It’s week is going to be exceptionally great for me because I am currently enjoying the Outer Banks with my wonderful family until next Saturday. Obviously I am excited to be at the beach and spend some much needed special time with my family. But I am blessed to be able to temporarily leave my lists of to dos and distractions at home and at work, and use this week to really dig into the study and return home with a new outlook and a refreshed and stronger spirit…and above all else, a stronger relationship with God.
    Loved the video today, and especially loved Melissa’s “stinkin’ thinkin'” quote. A funny and positive way to help me get those inevitable nasty thoughts of bitterness and resentment out of my mind when they creep their way in.
    On a rather sad side note, two beautiful souls from my hometown went to be with God this week. Though we can’t deny heaven to be any place but the perfect place for each of us, this was a sudden and tragic event, and many many prayers are needed for the friends and families of these beautiful angels. Thank you for your prayers. God bless you all!

19. this past week my sister & me had to take our mom for some eyes lazer surgury, this gave a chance to catch up on my chapters since my book came in late, the tornado that came through 2 years ago could be a giant in my life as we are still dealing with a lot of damage Phip 7 fits right in with this as the Lord has encouraged me to look pass the ugly & see the vision for my home’s surroundings
    Helen

20. Philippians 4:8 is Jesus. When I keep my eyes focused on Him, carrying forth His WORD in my heart, in my ears and in my mouth as a vessel, then the winds of adversity can shift and change.True, Noble, Just, Pure, Lovely… Any Virtue. Jesus says I am to be in HIS image!!! VICTORIOUS, STRONG, STANDING!!!!!!

• Kelly Hamerle says:

Zella, I love your name!! It was my grandmother’s name and now I have a great niece that has the name as well;) I enjoy reading your posts!! Keep them coming!!

21. Great video message. I like what was said about doing a bible study being a way to honor God. That really spoke to me. I think my expectations sometimes are a bit too high. At time I feel as though I should always be getting an a huge life altering message out of every sentence I read. And I do get learn important things that get me to think different, and act different, but when I don’t I lose interest. When I think about it now, it’s probably a good thing I don’t get earth shattering messages from every part of the study. That would be really intense and too much to handle. May just even add to me stress. :) So the idea that I’m honoring God just by reading, learning and listening to His Word, that’s motivating me to make more time to better keep up with the study.

22. Vanessa says:

I am so excited about this chapter. It has impacted me in such a personal way. God has really ask me to commit to getting my finances in order. The giant is the calling to pay my mortgage off in 7 years verses 23 years that we have left.

God revealed this to me two weeks ago during an intense time of reading, prayer, and listening. This assignment from God looks impossible in my eyes and heart, but I know that God does not call us to do something without enabling us through Him. I love the focus verse this week, it is peace to my soul to focus on what is pure and noble and to open up the bible every morning is so fresh and renewing to my soul!!! I just love you ladies and I love The Lord so much for his amazing daughters in Christ!!!

Love
    Vanessa

23. I love this week’s reflection verse; it is one of my favorites!

24. Ready to jump back in this week and stay on top of this study!! Feeling overwhelmed over the last week and a half! Thank you all so much for continuing to encourage all of us to keep looking up and moving forward!

25. Welcome, Lisa! So excited and looking forward to getting to know you! What a blessing to have you here!! You girls are BEAUTIFUL!

26. Ok this is corny but made me happy. During my mile walk this morning I started singing ( in my head!) about our memory verse to the tune of The Wheels on the Bus…
    ” the thoughts in my head go up and down… All day long
    ” the thoughts in my head go back and forth”.. All day long
    Bad thoughts in my head move on back! …All day long
    Keep my mind on what is true…all day long
    Keep my mind on honorable things…
    Keep my mind on what is right…
    Keep my mind on what is pure…
    Keep my mind on lovely things…
    Keep my mind on admirable things…
    It’s catchy and you’ll find yourself singing it alot!!

27. Katrina says:

Been having struggles with my internet connection and wasn’t able view the video message until today. So glad I remembered to go back to it and watch. Great message. “Guard my heart and my mind” – need to work on that! Looking forward to digging into chapter 7 tonight!

28. Danielle Trevino says:

Loved the video, I’m excited about what new experiences & revelation thus week will bring.

29. What amazing chapter. I am all caught up. I sat there reading while my son was in speech class. I am a junkie. Yup I have totally owned up this. I keep myself busy so I don’t think. Thinking hurts my heart right now. I lost my father 1 yr and a half ago. He was such a big part of my life. I have such a void, an emptiness where we use to talk. It brings great pain not having that time. Right now my Uncle isn’t doing well so that gets put on my mind. Then I sit and think if I am doing a great job at this parenting thing. So I don’t like to have nothing to do… wow Tracie really hit me hard core. So I was sitting here thinking I can use that time I gave to my dad and give to my Heavenly Father. Instead of putting people off, actually use time to reconnect. God I thank You for convicting me even though it stings being disciplined. Thank You for opening time where we can hang out and spend quality time in Your word. Thanks Melissa and Tracie. This study is exactly where God wants me to be. I just love how His plans come together and I get to see that. Truly amazing…… Have a great day

30. I absolutely LOVE the video from Melissa and Lisa! What an encouragement your words are, and your enthusiasm and love for the Word and God fills my heart with joy! Thank you for making me smile today!
    Love and blessings, my friends…..Teresa