Jun 9

Stressed Less Living, Week 10

I so wish you could hear what I am hearing in my head right now.  Every Sunday when I read this post I hear that deep movie announcer voice saying “Coming this week”.  Is it only me?  If it is, don’t tell me!

So here we go, coming this week in Stressed Less Living, Chapter 10 – Broken for Breakthrough:

Reflection Verse~

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3 NIV

Mark it in your Bible, write it on your note card and start hiding it in your heart.  What an awesome reminder of who our God is – Jehovah Rapha, the LORD our Healer.

Suggested Assignments for week 10~

This week Stephanie Clayton will be leading us for chapter 10 of our Stressed Less Living study.  I can’t wait to study with her again!

Monday – Grab your Bible, notebook, pen and highlighter and prepare to dig in as we study God’s Word (the second weapon in our arsenal, remember?)

Monday Night – Our last conference call for Stressed Less Living takes place with speaker and author Shaunti Feldhahn. You can still sign up for calls here. Once you have signed up you will have access to recordings of all the past calls in this series as well.

Tuesday – Time to begin reading chapter 10, Broken for Breakthrough.  Be sure to answer the reflection questions at the end of the chapter and the Stress Busting Scriptures.

Wednesday – Stop by to discover another facet of Proverbs 31 ministries.

Thursday – Blog Hop!

Here are this week’s topics:

1.  Healed. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. ~ Psalm 147:3 God raised His Son in three days…imagine what He can do when you dig into this verse for three days! Map our reflection verse and share with us how your heart responds to His living and active Word.

2.  Breaking Point. Chapter 10. What has brought you to your breaking point? Once you share, end with a prayer turning over your circumstances to God so that He can begin to bring healing and restoration. Has God already brought you healing? Then share your joy with us so that others may be encouraged!

3.  Miracles. In this day and age, miracles still happen…we simply have a harder time believing them. If you have ever experienced or witnessed a miracle, we would LOVE to hear your testimony of His Glory

4.  #Blessed. Add to your #Blessed entry or start one today!  It’s as simple as listing 5 things God has blessed you with this week.  They can be BIG (like an answered prayer) or small (like a pretty flower that made you smile).  All are gifts from God and when we begin to focus on our blessings we start to develop a thankful heart.

Friday – Join us as we wrap up chapter 10.

Saturday  Share your praises and prayer requests with us.

And don’t forget to leave a comment or two or more this week.  Every time you share with us this week you are entered to win your choice of one Shaunti Feldhan book!  It’s going to be an amazing week, are you ready?  What are you most looking forward to?

Comments

1. Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader) says:

Thank you, Lord. Thank you for speaking to so many women through this OBS. I can’t even express my thanks for the work you are doing in my life. The barriers that are being broken down are amazing. Thank you, Jesus. I am so thankful for every single woman in this community. We are so blessed that You brought us together for Your glory. It just CAN’T be denied that God is moving in this OBS:-)

2. I’m really trying an attitude adjustment this week, starting today. I’m choosing to have a positive attitude and outlook. I am hoping this will help me deal with my health issues better. I have received such awesome prayers from the women here for my health, it is amazing!! I am so grateful for that.

• sondra s. says:

i will continue praying for you. it is such a blessing to be involved in a study with women you will probably never meet who pray for each other. so many of them are battling major issues, but they still pray for others. it really is a God-thing as far as i’m concerned.

3. Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

I am looking forward to my breakthrough!

• Me too Lori… :-) It has been a long time coming. And as I reflect, over the past year of studies with P31, I continue to be amazed at how each study built off the one before. (with one exception, that wasn’t so profound in and thru me, but maybe that was the HS’s way of giving me a bit of “down time” and reflect on what He is doing in my life). I sense that the break through is so close I can taste it, and I just pray with such a humble heart that I will keep wisdom, and my ears and eyes to be tender to what he is doing in me in days ahead. I so pray for each lady as well, that God’s sweet spirit will just divinely work in and through all of us in our own unique circumstances, so we can breakthrough and conquer – thus blessing others and utilizing our testimonies to grow the Kingdom and help other people in Christ, live their best life ever!!!!!!!!

4. Jeanie Kelley says:

Thanks for having this study this week. I too want to make a spiritual attitude adjustment. I would also like to challenge myself to comment more than just one to two times in a study. To share what is going on in my life. Looking forward to Stephanie’s teaching this week.

5. Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

I’ve already read this chapter and it’s awesome! I have to share this inspirational quote from page 202:

“If you are in a pit of stress or despair, don’t succumb to defeat. Don’t accept that difficult place as your fate. Even though God has allowed you to be there right now, he never intended for you to live there. Our God is bigger than whatever problem you are facing. The only way to see past the problem is to believe that he has not forgotten or abandoned you and that, at the exact time that he has ordained, he will reach down and pick you up.”

• I love that quote also! As a matter of fact, I copied it down and emailed it to my 27 yr. old daughter who is going through some difficulties right now. I just really want her to know that God will reach down and pick her up at the exact time he ordained!

• I too already read the chapter and love that quote!

6. Courtney says:

I have a confession…. I read chapter 10 today and it was amazing! I won’t spoil it for everyone, but you are in for a real treat! I’m so excited about this week, and praying for a breakthrough! Not only for me, but for all the leaders and all my OBS sisters! God bless and let’s have a great week! :)

7. Because of something I learned last week involving my daughter and grandson, I am brokenhearted. This week, I want to see healing for all parties concerned. Healing will require confessions from several involved people, open hearts and minds, much forgiveness, much grace and much mercy. Your prayers would be so very appreciated.

• The memory verse is for you all !!! He heals the brokenhearted! Binds up the wounds!!! Stand on HIS WORD sister Edwina, God restores, by the Blood of the Lamb!!!!!! TRUST HIM!!!!!!!!!!

8. How very cool to see awesome posts (like our Kristy Aiken’s below!) Praise God for OBS and for the work He continues to do!!!!! Looking forward to another awesome week with Stephanie Clayton and hearing more about breakthroughs! Dear God, May we all stop to smell the roses this week – spending time in Your Word, encouraging, supporting and loving each other like you love us! Amen!

9. I am so thankful for this study and for the women who are taking it. It has been a journey with some pain, some laughter and some great spiritual growth. I am looking forward to week 10, but to be honest, do have some fear of what God will reveal to me that needs to be broken. Praying for all the women who are journeying on this study that they continue to be committed to God in forming them into the Women he has created them to be. Blessings to all!

10. I feel blessed to be part of this study. I hadn’t been part of a Bible Study for about 2 years because I didn’t want to take away from time with my son since I work. What an awesome study to be part of and I feel I’ve just learned so much from it and hope to continue with the next one.

11. Polly Schneider says:

I am looking forward to Stephanie’s teaching this week and of course chapter 10. I really enjoy the stress busting scriptures each week. I write them all in my journal and the memory verse on a 3×5 card. I have been writing scriptures on cards for years and have quite a collection. We are having our VBS this week at our church, it is a great theme. Good versus evil and the armor that we have as Christians. Hope all have a great week.

12. This OBS is just another one of God’s blessings right on time. Thank you ladies! Looking forward to another great week! Polly we are looking forward to our VBS this week too – “Colossal Coasters – Overcoming Fear”.

13. The last chapter really got me, SO I am looking forward to God moving even more!! Time for this girl to pick up her weapons, and let God kick some butt with chaos!!!

14. Renee D. says:

Thankful for the start of another week with our OBS! I have seen my growth from the beginning of this OBS, but I am not perfect, I have had some moments of a step-back or challenges. I am praying through them and trusting God along with way. Have a blessed week, Ladies :-)

15. I have been praying, on my knees for months, six to be exact-for breakthrough. I NEED this chapter. I read it once and will read it again, hoping to see new things the second time around:) I know God is faithful to bring me to the otherside of this!!!

• Jaime, I have read several chapters twice or three times. After reading posts from others, I get a different perspective on particular passages in the chapter and that has helped to deepen my understanding.

16. Hi Melissa!! Back from Mexico! Had a great trip! Excited for week 10! Love you, Sue

17. What I’m looking most forward to this week is spending time in God’s word & watching how he moves in each of our lives through his words. He is the one thing I look most forward to in each day.

18. Imperfect progress…that’s where I am at.

19. Elaine Ledlow says:

Each week of study brings a little imperfect progress and awesome wisdom! I love the open way every one shares and is involved! God has a plan and it will come in his time not mine! This chapter is going to be more forward progress for me and I am a bit unsure of the outcome. But I also know that my God is with me and will never leave me!

20. Looking forward to reading this chapter now after reading these comments! Have a great week everyone!

21. Mindy corradi says:

I love really digging into the bible and learning new things! Mondays and Fridays are probably my favorite!

22. Lynn Graham says:

I would say the same as Mindy, that Monday’s and Friday’s are my best days because the homework assignment makes you dig through the bible, and i have learned so much in the past. not only this bible study but others I have done.

23. While I may not be feeling brokenhearted at the moment, there is always need for more binding up in this heart of mine. I am so thankful to be saved by grace and loved by my Abba, who so wants to bind up the brokenhearted. What a comfort. What a friend we have in Jesus, indeed.

24. I’m a high school teacher and Tues. is our last day this week. The end of the year is always very busy and we’ve had a busy weekend to boot. I’m most looking forward to being able to have some time to rest and really get back into this study again this week. I know when I am able to just sit, read, and contemplate God’s word, or what other’s are saying about God’s word that God will speak to me or open my heart and mind to understand His message.

25. I am so looking forward to getting my summer schedule working so I can be sure to get into this study the last couple of weeks! The last 2 or 3 have been really stressful and I can only seem to stay on track for 1-3 days then I lose track until the next week starts. All of my family graduations are done and school is out now so praying I can get my children into a new routine and schedule some quiet time for me, my Bible and this amazing group of ladies! Thank you so much for being here when I need you!

26. melanie says:

Looking forward to this week!!

27. Love the reflection verse this week – one of my favorites! Can’t wait to verse map it and dive into ch. 10.

28. Charolette Ragsdale says:

I purchased Shaunti’s book titled, “For Women Only” earlier today. Looks very interesting and cannot wait to start reading it. :)

29. Miranda says:

I love this verse. I feel that God has healed my broken heart , and taken all the bad memories of those wounds away

30. Christine says:

I love the reflection verse this week (though I love them all)! I’m looking forward to Ch 10!

31. Marla Sjaardema says:

What stood out for me in this chapter is some us rather fall flat on our face then admit we need help. That is me pride gets in my way. And I am realizing it by this book and reading these chapters. I don’t always have to do things by myself. I have the heavenly Father standing right by me all I have to do is put my hand in his. Wow I feel such a weight lifted by writing that down and admitting it to others. Thanks for being there for me. Wow I have girlfriends and haven’t seen your faces. Hello everyone! My name is Marla and I live in Iowa