Jun 11

SLL Week 10, Day 2

pinterest

Here is this week’s Pinterest Pin! Pin it, Facebook it, Tweet it, or visit our new Instagram page @P31OBS and Instagram it!!!!

Steph here again! I just want to say how much I am in love with all of the pictures you girls are sending! Seeing His Word and messages of love written on our arms reminded me of this verse from Song of Solomon…

“Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire like a mighty flame.” Song of Solomon 8:6

Love stronger than death. Love that has overcome the grave. Love that heals the brokenhearted. Love that binds up wounds. Love that frees, stills our anxious hearts, and restores. I am simply in tears over the idea of His love placed so sweetly upon our hearts and our arms.

Today our assignment is to read Chapter 10, Broken for Breakthrough. Let me tell you, this chapter is powerful. So powerful, I need to share some of it right here just to make sure you don’t miss it!

If you are in a pit of stress or despair, don’t succumb to defeat. Don’t accept that difficult place as your fate. Even though God has allowed you to be there right now, he never intended for you to live there. Our God is bigger than whatever problem you are facing. The only way to see past the problem is to believe that he has not forgotten or abandoned you and that, at the exact time that he has ordained, he will reach down and pick you up….even if you have not been looking for him, he has been looking for you. (From Stressed Less Living Chapter 10)

Even when I was in a pit of depression. Even when I was angry about being raped as a teenager. Even when I was having panic attacks because I couldn’t achieve perfection…He was there. And when I finally chose to believe that He loved me and began to act “as if” His promises were true…I began to see the way out of the grave and move into true freedom in Christ. And the good news is this freedom is not just for one of us, or for a few of us, Christ’s freedom is available to all of us!

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about Chapter 10. Read the chapter and be sure you take time to answer the questions at the end of the chapter. They are phenomenal and really help you personalize the material.

In the comment section, please share with us a call or dream you have on your heart that you have ignored. After you share, commit to pray for at least a week for God to show you direction (just the next small step). Also, commit to pray for the person who comments above you and leave them a few words of encouragement as part of your comment.  I can’t wait to see how God moves and gives each of us the strength to step out in faith as we find the breakthrough in our brokenness.

And don’t forget every time you comment you are entered to win this week’s suprise (and no I haven’t announced what it is yet but I will on Friday)!!!!

picture Psalm 147

(Picture sent from OBS Facebook Leader Kristy Aiken)

Comments

1. Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

That quote from page 202 is my favorite from the entire book! I typed it out in a big font and soothing blue color, so I can look back and be reminded of those truths.

My calling/dream is to be a wife and mother. I basically refused the idea of ever having children up until a couple of years ago. I very much believe God has changed my heart for a reason. However, I’m single and will be 30 next month. I’m not sure what my next step is, because I’ve been praying for a godly man for 15 months. I’m a little confused, but still hopeful.

• Hello Bree! :) I, like yourself, always said I never wanted kids. I had that chipped in stone on my heart. I was determined I was NEVER having kids. I also thought in high school that I was dating my future husband. Life was perfect. The perfect “man” and no kids ever! Lol But my God had very very different plans in mind for me, and I am so thankful I followed His ways instead of my ways. I am now married (will be for 4 years in August) and have an amazing 2 1/2 year old son! :) Finding who God has for you takes time and patience. It can be the hardest time in your life but the greatest time also. But God knows your heart and how committed you are to waiting. God is going to bless the socks right off of you! :) No worries!

• Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

Hi Brenna! My first name is actually Breanna, but I go by Bree for short. 😀 Thank you for sharing your story and encouragement! It brought a smile to my face and heart.

2. Halona Luna says:

Oh sweet Bree, God is preparing your Godly man just as he has prepared your heart for the full package. All in His time in order to fulfill His perfect plan.

I am not sure if I have just one calling or dream. I have been so fearful and not very faithful. I am growing & learning but the biggest was to sing. I pray that I am vocal enough to my children to reach for their dreams.

• Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

Thank you, Halona Luna! I appreciate your words of encouragement!

Like you, I’ve been fearful about things, so you’re not alone. I’m happy you’re learning and growing and it’s awesome you’re so encouraging with your children. I’m praying for you, friend!

3. Brenda E says:

Halona I will pray for your faith, and your ability to sing. I too encourage my children to have dreams and reach for them. I am a firm believer that God gives us abilities we never thought we would have all by ourselves.

My dreams have gotten a bit lost in life over the past several years. I have been just moving from one crisis to another for so long, I have forgotten to dream. So my daily prayer is for God to renew my dreams and direct my paths.

4. Brenda – I will pray for you, and ask the Lord to help you renew your dreams and direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” I hope you realize that the Lord does not want you to live moving from crisis to crisis – as so many of us do. Realizing the need to change is the first step – and I think you are there. Open your heart to the Lord. I know that He will meet you where you are at, and lead you forward. You are not the only one who has forgotten to dream. I find myself in a job where I have been for almost 14 years. I have stayed at this job for “security” – even though I know that this is not the job that I am “meant to be” at. The Lord has been nudging at my heart to explore other opportunities, but I am scared to leave the secure job that I have – although I do recognize that I need to in order move forward in my life. So I am praying that God show me which way to turn as I identify future job opportunities, and that God put me in the place where I can use my experience and talents to bring glory to Him.

5. Jean, I can totally understand your feelings about your job. I have been teaching for 28 years. Most teachers here in Kentucky retire at 27. With one child in college and a second soon to be, the teaching profession is one of the few where experience provides that security you speak of. I “tried” to retire a year ago, but things didn’t work out. I now think that it was just God’s way of saying that my purpose there was not done. I am not really sure when I will retire and move on to something else….. I am sure that God will show me when the time and the opportunity is right.

As for my dream or intended path….. I am not really sure…

I will be 50 this year and next year, my daughter will go to college, leaving just my husband and I here at home. Right now, the future with an empty house seems…… distant….. and……… well……. empty, I suppose. My prayer would be that God would help my husband and I to rediscover that flame that brought us together and that God would find a way to use us as he sees fit in our later years.

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

An empty nest is not easy to go thru and i feel
      I went thru it twice as i babysat 2 of our 12 grkids
      ( yup God has blessed us) from 6 mos to school age
      2 days a week but now it’s time for hubby n I
      go rekindle what we started 21 yrs ago… Just
      married 20…now I just need to convince him…
      Im broken hearted at some of the hurt I’m
      Going thru but I l know thru this week n chapter
      He will be there for me hold me up n heal my
      brokenness…. Have a blessed day all…

6. Stella, I will pray for you and your husband as your child goes to college. I have to tell you that my husband and I had the most fun this year as my youngest son went to Clemson. We were able to reconnect with each other, do fun things with other couples, and have a semi clean house with a much lower grocery bill (but a much higher tuition bill) we laughed a lot and the time flew by until he is home again for summer. My dream is to minister to children in need and I actually get to do that now as I work in Title I schools. It may also to lead a women’s ministry, I’m not sure. I am so grateful for the job I have traing teachers and working with students and for the opportunity to serve now, so I think I am in my dream job. This is my 30th year teaching. My true dream is not for me but for my oldest son to be saved and have a relationship with Jesus.

7. Stella, I will be praying for you and for God to help you find that dream /intended path. An empty house for me seems so distant, but I know someday it will be here for each of us. I will pray for you and your husband to rediscover each other and to discover what God has planned for you to do for Him as you continue life’s journey after the kids are on their own.

My dream /calling? I’m not really sure either. I’m a wife and mom of five kids (21 yr to 12 yr) . Two in college but living at home to cut costs and one graduating from high school next yr. I often feel like the only thing God wants me to do right now is to be the best wife and mom I can be. My dreams seem to be on hold right now as I help each of my kids find their dreams.

8. Heather says:

Stella, you are where I will be in a few years, 50 and watching my youngest leave for college. May God bless you in this time of renewal and rediscovery with your husband. God promises he has a plan for us. He will continue to guide you on the path He has for you.

I am feeling led into a more involved role in jail ministry. I currently have the opportunity to go into our county jail, once or twice a week, depending on the week as a co-leader for a Mom’s in Prayer and a local addiction recovery ministry. I am praying God will show me His plan and timing for what my role is to be.

9. Dawn as a Mom to five, my prayer for you is that God would show you your mission as you touch each life your children bring into your home. Loving your husband and children and ministering to them in contentment is living out the dream. God can use you big. I pray that He will guide each word and thought as you seek to encourage your children to become all that God intended and to seek Him first. In His time I pray He reveals the next step for you.

My dream and passion is to share all that God has shown me in a way that will bless the lives of those that hear and change their heart more toward Him. In this day there seem to be so many mean people; however if we stop and listen with our heart we can feel their pain. It is so true that hurt people hurt people. I have so many around me dealing with major crisis in their life, matters of life and death. My heart grieves for their pain. I want to make a difference and know that I cannot fix every problem or cure every disease. I can share the God who can with them and reach out in love whether through food and company or simply prayers for healing. God show me Your way.

10. Jennifer says:

Dawn, some very wise women in my life told me that the while there are many things I do, the one thing that only I can do is be the wife of my hubby, and the mother to my children. I passionately believe these are God-ordained tasks, and we honor Him in selflessly (as possible! :) )serving our children – mine are 11 and 8, and I have peace where I am, enjoying these times with my children. I also know the many things you are learning as mom He will use for His glory in the years to come.

I pray for clarity for you to see God’s plan for you and recognize the value He puts on what you do every day.

My dream is to be obedient to God’s will for my life. He has led me to major changes – working 20 hours a week – pretty much only when the children are at school, and to asking for (and receiving) my second two month leave of absence this summer to be home with the kids. Life is much slower now than what I used to run, but I can see the blessing it is for my entire family, and it’s a blessing to watch God teach me to be a better steward of our money, of our bodies in eating healthier and exercising more as a family, and, I pray, working through the devotional I just bought to share with my children. My son is struggling on being sold out to Jesus as he wonders what he’ll be missing out on if he does, and my prayer is that this devotional will plant the right thoughts and confidence he needs in his head. I also pray that I will hear clearly His direction as we are led to a new church and are obedient to His calling of where to serve.

Much love,
    Jennifer

11. Kristen says:

Dawn, I’m so glad I could be the one to encourage you! I’m facing a very similar time in my life. I will be praying that while you are answering God’s calling to be the best mom and wife you can be, that you are also able to have a sure sense of God’s voice guiding you in his plans and dreams for you…big or small. Maybe it is a dream that you haven’t had time to recognize as you work in obedience to such a blessed calling as a wife and mom. I pray that God’s amazing ways of reaching you would be like a light going off in the dark.

I, like you, feel that my dreams are either on hold or just not realized yet. I am a mom to three young children, 6, 3 and 9 months. I work parttime and have felt often that this is the “perfect balance”. Lately, God has really affirmed my work as a pediatric nurse practitioner through some patients speaking words of encouragement to me. I have always wanted to be a mother and wife and find myself in this blessed time…overwhelmed. I have been desperately seeking God through this study but despite my efforts of waking way earlier than ever to be in the word, my kids seem to get up earlier and earlier, disrupting my quiet times on a daily basis. I have to repeatedly ask my husband to listen out for them as I ask for his support in having at least a small space in the mornings to hear God’s voice amidst my crazy busy days. I’m also struggling with depression. Well, I sound like a mess…guess I am. My dream is to find peace and live in this calling, being a purposeful wife and mother who is not at constant battle with depression and stress. I do need prayer and trust that God will reveal his ways, its just a really hard time for me right now and I don’t want it to be.

• Kristin may God grant you perseverance as you step out in faith. I too have 3 young children (6,4, 15 mo) and completely understand having quiet time interrupted. For a while I switched to nap time and just recently started with the early mornings. I believe God will bless you and your efforts. I also believe that Christian counseling can do great things. I am not over the anxiety or fears yet, but am believing that God is at work. May you continue to be encouraged!

12. Fran may God bring your son home. Draw his heart toward Him and create a desire in your son to know his need for God. I am sure your prayers are already at work with in your son’s life. May God grant you peace in your waiting.

My dream would be to live a life fear of fear, second guessing myself and unhealthy competition. I want to be a healthy mom to my children and supportive wife to my husband. I love them all so much and am tired of carrying around the other baggage. He will bring healing, prayer that I can truly let go.

13. Carol Thompson group 26 says:

Kristen, I pray for a quiet time for you to get close to God. He know the desire of your heart and He loves you. Focus on God and pray your way through the day. Seek Him and you will find Him.
    Katie, I pray for healing in your situation. Lean on God and let Him do the work.

God has placed the idea of doing mission work on both my heart and my husband’s heart in the last few years. We do not know where or how, but we are waiting for Him to put all the pieces together. We leave in 2 weeks for a trip to Honduras with our church. Please pray that He provides for the business while we are away and that He opens our hearts to what He has in store for us.

• Michele aka Mickie from St Hgts Michigan says:

Prayers lifted for u n for safe travels on your
      trip…. I’m sure God will let u know soon what His
      Plan is for you!!! Blessings go w you!!!

14. Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Jennifer I am lifting you up first. With the posting you got missed. I love your calling and praying God will continue to show you how to be the godly wife and mom that He would have you to be giving you the tools to raise children who will grow up to love Him as you do.

Katie I am lifting you up in prayer asking our Father to show you how to release your fears and get rid of the baggage in your life. May you draw closer and closer to Him so that you will be all He desires you to be – a Godly wife and Mom.

For me I have several dreams right now after having raised my children, and retiring is ministering right here in OBS with women all over the world. Ministering to my mother in law next door who needs help and I am subbing in the jr. high school close to me to minister to teachers, staff and children. I have a dream to write a book and hope to start that this summer – about our dog of all things to start off easy.

Prayers for me right now – one unspoken that many of you know about with my daughter and for me with a bad leg right now that has been bothering me for over a week. Also, continue to pray for me and my sisters in the loss of Mom this year as we continue to go through her home and clean it out to sale.

Debbie

15. MarcieSpencer says:

Sweet OBS Sister, Debbie ~~ I am praying with you this morning and absolutely confident that our Father has your dreams of ministering and Mothering (and mother-in-law too) planned out perfectly. Praying special prayers over your special requests and your heart as you heal this year. I really love Stephanie’s quote from SLL: “If you are in a pit of stress or despair, don’t succumb to defeat. Don’t accept that difficult place as your fate. Even though God has allowed you to be there right now, he never intended for you to live there. Our God is bigger than whatever problem you are facing. The only way to see past the problem is to believe that he has not forgotten or abandoned you and that, at the exact time that he has ordained, he will reach down and pick you up….even if you have not been looking for him, he has been looking for you.” Your life inspires so many on a daily basis, Debbie..We cherish you :)

16. My dream is to live a life free of fear and to watch God accomplish his purposes in the lives of my college-aged son and teenaged daughter. I need a renewal of hopes and dreams for myself and them.

17. to my sweet OBS sisters: Prayers for you all each and every day, for strength to deal with the losses we all face in life, with joy in discovering what our Lord and Savior has in store for us, and for all the others trying to deal with life on an everyday basis: there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

18. Praying that God will inspire you in the next step towards that special purpose He has put in your heart.

19. Jeanie Kelley says:

My biggest dream I would have right now would be writing. I have so enjoyed the blog on here and journaling that I do on my own and on Sunday’s once a month. I feel like I can speak much better through my writing and would love to try and begin writing a book or something about me and my life or something that encourages people to follow their dreams and to succeed.

• Janet F says:

Jeanie praying for your writing dream, that God would give you the words, wisdom and the resources to carry out that dream and make it a reality in your life. Let me know when your book is published!!
      I will be the first to buy a copy :) HUGS ♥

20. Janet F says:

My dream is that my children and grandchildren all be living for the Lord and serving Him with all their hearts and minds. That they would put God first in everything they do. Also for me to find a Godly man to spend the rest of my life with that loves God more than life itself.

21. Well I forgot my tablet at work, which is what my book is on…so I am going to tell you all about my own experience with stress just yesterday until I can get it back later today.
    Over the next couple of days, we are supposed to be getting some really bad storms. There was all kinds of anxious talk going around the office yesterday, which inevitably snowballs. My husband works for an insurance company, and with the big storms last year making him about as anxious as he has ever been, he told me that he instantly got sick to his stomach as soon as he saw the weather reports. I reminded him the same as I did last year that what comes will come and he has zero control over any of it, and as long as he is doing his best, that’s all there is. I should’ve been giving those words of encouragement to myself. Last yeart, our power was out for about 12-14 hours…which honestly is nothing compared to those around us who were without it for days and weeks. But I constantly had this fear that we would lose the food in our freezer and I am a person who physically cannot function when I am hot…and last year, it was 100 degrees out. We had decided after last year’s storm that we were going to buy a generator, and of course then we didn’t have anymore storms and we forgot. Yesterday, I start getting a little anxious about not having a generator. My husband keeps telling me that stores don’t keep the kind of generator we want in stock, and we have to order it and wait about a week for it. Well I call them all anyway, and discover he was right. Then I really started to freak out. How is a generator going to help me in two days when it won’t be here for a week?! I asked my husband over and over, what do we do? He basically said we can go to a store and get a generator we don’t want and have it, or we can order the one we do want and not have it. I mean I was freaking out. We sat down to dinner, and God’s peace and calm started to take over my fear and anxiety and stress. I said,” Ok, family. Mom needs to have more faith that she’s having right now because God has always taken care of our family. Here is what we are going to do. We are going to go online, get the generator we want, and wait for it to get here. And God will take care of the rest.” I have no doubt that He will see us through the storm. After our daughter climbed into her bed, we said a prayer together as a family that God would see us and other families through the next few days, and keep us safe, and I have no doubt in my mind that He will. As I looked at the weather report this morning, I see mild chances for severe storms. He is already providing. Please keep other families in your prayers who may be affected by the storm. God will protect and provide for these people as well I know. My prayer is that they will realize that is what He is there to do and that He will do it! God is the ultimate provider, protector, and stress reliever. God bless and lots of love!

• Marie (Ree) says:

Jenny, Praying for your families safety from the storms & that ur generator will get to you before another dark cloud even pretends to hover overhead! I’m in TN so we are used to dodging Tornados too! I will pray for God’s protection over your family, your pets and your property during the storm season as well! Blessings
      Marie

• Thank you so much. That really touches my heart and I appreciate your prayers. The beauty of it is that weather is one of the few things that only God can control…and we can literally do nothing but pray He gets us through the storms. Our chances of severe weather are already down to a slim chance so He is already working for us, keeping us safe! God is great!

22. I have never felt a calling, and I have asked. I wish I felt a tugging on my heart. Sometimes I think raising my stepkids with my own might be it for this time, or maybe blessing my clients is, but those are my thoughts as I search. I want to feel called, I desire to know I am fulfilling God’s purpose and plan for my life.

• Melissa D. says:

Dear Jaime,
      Your comments brought some thoughts to mind that I’d like to share with you, if you don’t mind. When I was teaching college classes, I used to tell my students that even if they didn’t like being in my class, because it was a requirement for them to take it, they were in the center of God’s will when they focused on our class during our class time. Even though you may not feel a direct calling to a particular task or ministry, the children God has given you to raise, both your own and your stepkids, are definitely part of your calling and your purpose in life. Not that they’re the extent of it, of course, but don’t discount the importance of that aspect of your life. What a blessing they are from the Lord, and what a blessing to know at least part of your calling is them! I’m praying for you today. God bless!

23. Courtney says:

Chapter 10 is so powerful I read it twice! What really stuck with me is the scripture on page 207, Psalm 34:17-18: “The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the broken hearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”

Can you say poster child for a young woman whose troubled, broken hearted, and crushed spirit?! As I type right now, I’m feeling all these emotions! as I shared with you all before, I’m having a hysterectomy tomorrow morning. I’m 30, prayed and waited all my life for my wonderful husband (we’ve only been married a year),and we do not have kids. This morning, I’m feeling like that’s cruel! I’ve been a good girl! I’ve prayed! I waited! And now…. This?! I’m really grieving this morning. Grieving the loss of never being a birth mother. I have endometriosis and have been suffering with it for 10 years. I’ve had 2 laparoscopic surgeries to remove it, which has left scar tissue. Even if I was to conceive, I would have a high risk pregnancy and probably would not carry to term. Even though I’m sad, I’m embracing the surgery. Finally, a life without pain! But no precious babies. Serious brokenheartedness! And, being 30 has brought about another realization… I don’t have a career! I was in the financial world and hated all the stress! My husband is an accountant and he carries stress and work all the time. Which further confirms I do not want to get back in that world! I’ve thought about getting a masters in education so I can at least work with children, but I’m not too sold on that either! The one thing that has truly captured my heart and I love is volunteering at our church. I love, love, love serving! I seriously feel thats where I belong… working in the ministry! But doing what?! I’m trying to deal with one thing at a time… Surgery first! Then I’ll have 6 weeks to recover and pray for God to show me what I’m supposed to do. And pray that he shows me how he wants to use me with my health issues. I know all things work for the good of those who love Him, but my human side is trying to take over this morning! I feel like letting my 3 year old little girl out and start screaming and rolling on the floor! But, I’m trying to pray it out and know I’m not alone. I can’t see it, but God has a great plan and he will get the glory.

• Courtney, your heart for service clearly shines through just in the one line where you wrote of it, alone! While I won’t claim to understand the pain of having a hysterectomy before birthing children, I can claim the promises of the God we both believe in. And, I’m going to pray for you right now – because you are His daughter, and He loves you so tenderly. Lord God, take sweet Courtney into your hands as she prepares for this surgery tomorrow. Wrap her heart in your love. Let her carry this verse in her heart as she heads toward tomorrow, God. Show her the depths of your love for her as she navigates this new path. ”For the Lord God will help me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed.” Isaiah 50:7

• DebbieK says:

Courtney, big, big hugs to you. I just want to encourage you today that God does have a great plan for you just like you said. When my husband and I were married 6 months the doctor told me that we needed to try to start our family quickly because I would probably have trouble getting pregnant. I had endometriosis also. We tried for the next 6 years. I got pregnant once, but miscarried. We decided to adopt. For a long time I was just focused on getting pregnant, but then the Lord began changing my focus to the fact that what I really desired was children – a family. We were at the birth of our son, and the births of each of our daughters. After several miscarriages throughout the years (we weren’t trying but I’d just get pregnant out of the blue), I did give birth to our youngest son. Even though I knew that I loved my adopted kids with all my heart, I always wondered if I gave birth to one if I would feel differently, love them differently, but I can say with all honesty that I love all my kids completely. The birth process is such a short part of the rest of their lives. I brought them home from the hospital and they were mine. Don’t rule out children just because you can’t give birth yourself.

Dear Lord, I ask that you would comfort Courtney right now as she faces this surgery. Keep her in your care, and let everything go smoothly. Direct the hands of the doctors giving them wisdom and ability to do what is necessary. Lord, I pray for Courtney’s quick and easy recovery time. Let this time be a perfect time to seek you completely and hear what you have to say to her. Give her a vision for the direction you want her to take. Show her the steps she needs to take today to begin walking the path you have laid out for her. I thank you that you are strengthening her marriage and giving her husband a heart to understand the grief she is facing. Be with them both in the loss of a dream, but comfort them that anything we have to give up, even if it is painful, you are right there to provide a better way for us because you see everything, you know our futures, and our times are in Your loving hands. Lord, wrap Courtney in Your loving arms and minister the peace that only you can give us. So fill her with your grace and mercy that she would overflow it to everyone around her, and Your glory would be manifest in this whole situation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

• Rebecca says:

Courtney,
        I can relate to you in the sense of being 30 without a career and trying to figure out where we are supposed to be. God will place us where we are supposed to be in our lives and I know he will get you through your surgery and provide children to you in his timing.

• Courtney says:

Rebecca,
          Thank you for he encouragement. I pray that God will show both of us what to do! I’m positive it will be great, rewarding, and for his glory! God bless, my sister!

• Courtney says:

Debbie,
        Thank you so much for this heartfelt prayer! We’re not going to rule out adoption, but I don’t want to make a hasty decision. While recovering I will seek God’s counsel and await his answer. God bless you my dear sister.

• Courtney, praying that your surgery goes well tomorrow. I believe the sadness and brokenheart you are feeling are the natural feelings of grief. You are truly going through a loss, similar to that which we experience when someone passes away. It’s going to be a difficul process, but having God on your side and acknowledging the grief are two of the most powerful steps you can take. Your OBS sisters are here to “listen” as you recover. Whatever you are feeling, whether it seems selfish or angry, share it with us. Part of the process is getting it out of your head. You have some recovery time to read and meditate on His word, but also pray for direction for your future. Hugs, love and prayers to you.

24. Rebecca says:

My dream is to have a full-time job. I am an education major and have been subbing for about 4 years and worked as an aide with a student for a year. Here in Ohio these jobs are scarce and there are many people trying to get one. As I said yesterday I have been very stressed and anxious about this recently and blaming myself for things like the fact I got not so great grades in Undergrad because I was dealing w/depression and anxiety and was refusing to get help for those issues back then. I just want for God to place me where I am supposed to be, even if it is not in a teaching position. I would like to have a regular salary and health benefits and feel like I am relying on my parents too much now for help when I am almost 30 years old. The thought of moving away is also very scary to me because I am afraid I won’t be able to make it on my own being that far away from my support system. I’m sorry this is so long, but I would just like a sense of peace and for God to place me where I am supposed to be and provide for my needs without me becoming so anxious and making myself sick with worry.

• Praying for you, Rebecca! It sounds like you are doing great things to get experience and also keeping yourself active in the schools. Keep looking to the future and tell God about your dreams. Try to leave the worry behind you and ask God what your next step will be.

• Courtney says:

My sweet Rebecca,
      Do not blame yourself about being depressed! Have you thought about being depressed help bring you closer to God? I’ve always believed and trusted in God with all my heart… Or so I thought until depression shook my faith. I tried to commit suicide in January and had to go in a psychiatric hospital for 10 days. As my granny used to say, “Honey, don’t let the devil ride because he’ll take over and drive!” That is exactly what happened. I allowed evil thoughts of worthlessness, feeling less than a woman because I can’t have kids, and grieving the fact I moved 10 hours away from my family take a toll on me. I spiraled our of control. Don’t regret one bit of it because God met me right where I fell! I’m not trying to make this post about me, I wanted to share depression isn’t all bad when a beautiful relationship with Christ comes from it! I pray for your strength and clarity on what direction you should take. I believe by confessing your uncertainty about a job, and declaring your needs opened the door for God to intervene. I honestly believe He’s working everything out for you. Just remember, His timing isn’t our timing! Everything will literally fall in your lap when you least expect it. Just believe! And honey, the moving thing is tough! I thank God for Fellowship Church here in Grapevine, TX! They have smothered me with love and became family and a great support system. So, if God moves you, he will place the right people in your life so you won’t be alone. I love you and God bless you, my sister!

25. I read a quote in the book recently that has lodged itself squarely in my heart – “As he did with every believer, he gave me something to make him bigger.””

I’ve been feeling led to use my writing as a vehicle for more than what I have been lately. I’ve only recently begun to pray in earnest that God would reveal how that will manifest itself. But, I have been getting some indication that my newfound interest in speaking up for those without a voice in the area of human trafficking may play a part. I will continue to pray and use as much or as little time as necessary to heed this call. It’s exciting to think of how I can be used by God to magnify Him to anyone I am blessed enough to reach – even if that only ends up being the people who live within these four walls with me. Or, mabye, especially if!

• DebbieK says:

Dear Lord, I pray that you would lead Missy in the next steps she needs to take in doing what you are calling her to do. You have given her the ability to write, and I pray that if using that platform and avenue is Your direction, that You will give her exactly what to say and how to say it to touch and change lives for Your glory. Lord, speak through Missy to give a voice to the helpless. Let Your voice be heard through all of this, and allow Missy to be your willing vessel to bring Your heart and message to the world. Thank you Lord that Missy walks in Your favor, and that You go before her, opening up opportunities for her to be Your ambassador. Let her speak with authority and confidence, not in her own power, but in Yours. Thank you Lord that you have a wonderful perfect plan for Missy, and over the next days and weeks You will reveal that plan step by step as she willingly follows You. Thank you Lord that You promise that Your sheep hear Your voice. Thank you that You direct the steps of the righteous. Thank you that You give Missy ears to hear, and eyes to see where you are leading her daily. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

• Oh Debbie – that prayer… It brought tears to my eyes. Tears of thanksgiving for all of you OBS sisters. Thank you.

• Courtney says:

Dear Lord, I first want to thank you for Missy! Thank you what she has brought to this study! Thank you for her having the wisdom to seek you in her decision on what to do. You know the desires of her heart and what her passion is. I pray you not only give her the vision to help others, but the provision to carry it out. Give Missy patience as she awaits your answer. In Jesus precious name, Amen.

26. DebbieK says:

My dream is to be a writer. I’ve had many people over the years say that I should write a book. I don’t know the direction I should take with my writing, but I know I want to write. I started my blog with this OBS as a starting point to begin writing on a regular basis. I took a writing course for children, and my Professor submitted me to take the advanced course (by invitation only). I took that class, and although writing for children isn’t what I want to do all the time, I need the courage to submit all the short stories and articles I’ve written over the two courses I’ve taken. I just need the Lord to show me my next step.

27. Wow! So many kindred hearts here! I love reading all of these posts and will be praying for you all. I retired from teaching after 35 years. I loved the kids and miss them, but I don’t miss the drama in that building or the testing mania that prevails now. I am sending my youngest to college in August. The other two graduated last year and are always in and out here. I love, love, love being home. I loved working but know this is where God wants me. I do dream about the next step volunteering or some type of women’s ministry. I used to be very active at church and hope to become more active again.

• I am praying for you, Hope! Praying that God will bless your time at home and that He will lead you to service when He knows the time is right. <3

28. My dream is to play horn – to play, to teach, to make music that speaks to people’s spirits and shares my love of music. Several years ago, my playing abilities crumbled – could be a disorder called Dystonia – and haven’t quite come back. I have been to very deepest pits of despair with this situation and have asked God if he wants me to put away the horn, to just let me know – yet I have heard no instructions to this end for all these years.
    I believe that God wants me to play and teach horn. I am so filled with fear and frustration that I know it will be a difficult road. This week’s verse spoke to me about my horn playing…I ask that God will heal my horn playing, heal my brokenheartedness about the struggles, and bind up the wounds – physical, neurological, psychological, spiritual, emotional – please heal up these wounds and show me the next step.
    I have dreams of playing for churches and shows again, playing for family and friends, playing with students, I have a dream of more students and a summer camp for young horn players. Please pray for God to show me the way to playing horn again. Please pray for me to follow whatever path God may want me to walk upon, please pray for me to find strength and encouragement in God’s love.

• Jeanne, I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. Praying you will receive direction, answers, & a solution! Keep asking God and crying out to him with your dreams & passions. You possibly could use this as a way to reach others for God, the dystonia. Just as the verse says, God heals the broken hearted. Your break through is on the horizon!

29. Hope, we have one thing in common- teaching! I am going into my 8th year of teaching 4th grade. Women like you are an inspiration to me! How did you make it 35 years? I’m already exhausted… And tired of the political drama & testing mayhem! I pray that you will find your nitch as you enjoy being home with your family. I pray you can find a way to get involved in your church, in some type of women’s ministry! Maybe start a women’s small group… It could be a group of retired women! Fun!

Chapter 10 was kinda like a “Hey Emily!” from God. It so spoke to me. I lead a women’s small group in my church. I see a huge need for a much broader women’s ministry to reach all the women. I have been thinking & praying about it for several months but kinda ignoring it at the same time- by not expressing my vision to anyone else (mostly bc of fear – of failure or perception of others). I finally stepped out yesterday after reading Ch 10 & also reading the book Anything. I had just read Isa 6:8 so I sent my preacher an email. Immediately I wanted to unsend! Lol. I also have dreams of being a mommy & writing a book! :-)

30. Wow Emily, the call you have is similar to my own. I have a desire (and I know it’s not my own) to reach the women who are unreached in our church. I have been ignoring it out of fear of rejection. Praise the Lord that you have reached out, and that there is not an unsend button. With God – all things are possible :)

I am a widowed mother of two young boys. I also dream of being an author, and a stay at home mom. I have so much I want to share with others, and am going to commit to pray for you this next week, as well as for the Lord to reveal the dreams He wishes me to persue.

• Hello Angie, I’m a stay at home mom who also has dreams of being an author. I will be praying for the Lord to answer your prayers and make clear to you the dreams He wishes for you to pursue and the next step for you to take in that dream. God Bless!

• Angie, I will be praying for you this week too! Praying you will listen & sense Gods calling & direction! Being a widow mother of two must be very challenging, and I am sure you could help so many other women at your church with their struggles by sharing yours and opening that door. It’s so easy to fall into the trap (I did) of thinking – I’m the only one, all those women don’t need a ministry, but the fact is- all those women out there are hurting too, in some way, and are waiting for someone to reach out to them. They are afraid to go to someone too, afraid to make that connection for fear of rejection! I was one of them! Keep me posted! mrsmontjoy@yahoo.com

31. There is a call I ignored that happened shortly after becoming a believer and at my first woman’s gathering through my first home Church. At the time, I didn’t understand it, but I never forgot it either. I didn’t really know anything about God speaking – how it worked, what it meant. So when God spoke to me that day, I thought perhaps it was just some random thought I somehow came up with, even though that didn’t make sense because the thought seemed so ludicrous to me so why would I have thought it? It was in reading Tracie’s story in SSL of her experience of God speaking to her at a women’s gathering about her calling to woman’s ministry that the light bulb came on. God was clearing up and/or confirming to me that I had indeed heard correctly what seemed so ludicrous all those years ago. That memory had never left me and over the years as I did learn about God speaking and had began to recognize how and when He spoke to me, that day would often come back into mind and I would continually question if it was from God. But everytime, doubt would creep in thinking it wasn’t God or I didn’t hear right, or it was impossible. While it still feels impossible and there is still doubt, that just confirms to me all the more that it is from God. That is how He works. He operates in the seemingly impossible and through the broken and unworthy. And the fact that there is so much fear and doubt is a raised flag as well for that is how the enemy operates to keep us from God’s plan.

• Thank you for reminding me fear & doubt are the enemy’s schemes to derail me off Gods plan. That’s so true! If I kept being afraid & scared to basically, volunteer & throw my idea out there- no one would ever know, therefore, it would never happen. Devil wins. Yesterday when I emailed my preacher I felt silly! I really was thinking “He is going to think I am a wacko nutjob. He’s going to ignore this email & think I’m so stupid & that the idea is far fetched.”. Why in the world would my preacher think my idea to reach more women for the Gospel would be dumb? Now, THAT is silly! Thank you again for this confirmation!

• Absolutely Emily! You stepped out regardless of your fear and doubts and that alone is a step towards your dream. I pray the Lord will bless you for your obedience.

32. My dream is to know what God has for me as I struggle with chronic illness. I thought that I was supposed to work with kids in the education field, but had to give up my job due to my conditions. I miss working and enriching the lives of students. Some days, actually most days I am so bogged down with my health that I don’t even dream anymore. I am praying that God shows me His plan for my life while I am ill. I know that even though I can’t function normally, that He can turn my brokenness into something beautiful.

Katrina, I pray that God speaks to you and you know, that you know that it is coming from Him. God knows your heart and your dreams. Is it possible that you can still do what He was calling you to do. I will pray that God opens doors for you and that you can live in his desire and will for your life.

• Kim, thank you for your words and prayers. I will pray for you also, that God would reveal to you his purpose for your illness and that he would use it for His glory and to lead you to His purpose for you and your life. God has plans for you even in your dark times. Cling to that hope. I pray that He will keep you in His light on those dark days and that he’d be the compass that leads you back to the dreams buried in your heart.

33. I love what Tracie said on page 207 : ” God had let me go my own way, but when I was ready to be rescued, He showed up with flying colors.” God is so very good! I have been given a gift to sing and I sing to hear the words,and feel the words deep within. It is my worship and my blessing so much so that at times when I have thought of what it would be like for me to not be able to sing it is crushing and I beg for God not to take it away. I have in the past sang in churchand at a couple women’s retreats and was blessed to see God at work in the ministering to others in doing it. I have not sung in years in public. Fear grips me and did in the past as well when I sang. I have at times in the most painful and miserable times of my life have felt so drawn and needing to sing in church to share what God is doing in me through a hymn or chorus. I am scared and I do feel God has confirmed to me his desire. My own fears of failure or pride that could come in , doubt about why God would ask me to do this , who do I think I am, my lack of confidence all keep me from stepping out. The church we now go to is large and causes more fear. So I guess this is a step for me to acknowledge to you all that I have issues and I am disobeying God if this is truly his will . I would appreciate prayer and I thank you for it.

34. Kim J , I pray for God to do a miracle in your health and for your life needs. Lord Jesus touch Kim and give her strength to see you and know you right where she is and what you have for her through this time. Bless her beyond what she could ask or think and give her rest and peace as only you can do. In Jesus we pray , amen.

35. Melissa D. says:

Well, I believe part of my calling is to be a good wife to my hubby and mother to my children. I just had my third child 2 weeks ago. Now my hubby and I are praying about how many children we are supposed to have. It’s a big decision for us as we want the children God has for us but every pregnancy is harder and harder on me and our family.

36. I have been putting off getting help for my depression because I have been praying to God about it and He knows the current state of my heart. It has improved over time but not where it should be since I want to improve the situation through God not through taking a bunch of pills. I found this great group called The Road Adventure where they schedule a three part series of conferences to attend that are Christian focused and a way to release the bondage and regain the freedom in your life. I am scheduled to attend the first one the end of this month. I have only told my mom about this since I want to keep it private from everyone else in my family right now. I pray it works so I can finally move on with my future and not let anything or anyone stand in the way of me fulfilling His purpose in my life. All I want to do is glorify God with every ounce of energy still left in me!

Melissa, I will be praying for you as you seek the answer from God about the number of children He will bless you and your husband with in fulfilling His purpose for your life. Children are such a huge blessing from God and wants us to guide them in life and give them plenty of love and support as they grow up. God always has all the answers for our life so we should lean on him in the good and the bad times. I pray He gives you the answer you are seeking for your family in His timing. Be blessed! :)

37. TABITHA JONES says:

This chapter really spoke to my heart. I went through a depression about 10 years ago, and praise the Lord I am FREE today. I understand what it means to be in that depressed state becasue I liked to have had a nervous break down. I went through lots of valleys but the Lord was always by my side. I am like a lot of you ladies in that I do not know what God has in store for me but I live day to day praising him and one day I will know. I sing specials at church and I feel that is one of my gifts that he has given me. I do have a yearning to speak to ladies and I know that this is something God wants me to do but when I go to testify or anything like that I forget what I am trying to say. I am so much better at expressing myself on paper. I have never thought about writing a book but it might happen someday.
    I am at a point in my life right now that sometimes I feel like I am in a dream. My walk with the Lord is better than it has ever been before and this OBS is alot of the reason for that. My home life with my husband and 2 boys is going great right now. It is better than its been in a long time. I give God all the credit.
    Charlotte I will be praying for you. I would like to share with you about my issue,. A little over 2 years ago I was on 4 different kinds of medications for my nerves and fibromalgia. I got tired of taking the medication and was having a real hard time paying for it. One night I went to church with my sister and her preacher started speaking about folks that wanted to be healed so medication would be the last worry they had to face. I knew he was talking to me. I went up and he prayed for me and I prayed and I ask God to help me get off the medication. Praise the Lord I never took another pill. Today I still have the fibromalgia but I do not take any medication at all. I give all the glory to God. I have prayed many times that Lord take the pain away I don’t want to take medication and he works. I hope you can get healed like I did. I am praying for you.

• Charolette Ragsdale says:

Good Morning, Tabitha! I appreciate the prayers since I have always believed in the power of prayer. I used to work for two pain management doctors si I saw first hand what addiction to drugs can do to someone and don’t ever want to be in that predicament. I believe anything is possible with God so I am putting my trust in Him. I will also be praying for you as you deal with your pain from fibromyalgia. I hope you have a blessed week! I feel blessed knowing I have gained a lot of good from this study. Take care sister in Christ!

38. sondra s. says:

these comments about dreams were so interesting. why is it that we sometimes are so fearful to dream. maybe we don’t think we are capable, or we nurture others with their dreams, or we think we are too old, too ugly, too unskilled…..fill in the blank. the thing about dreams is–they change. as long as we are breathing, i believe we can still dream. in the Bible, God used so many different kinds of people–even women–to meet a need. i’m speaking to myself here, so i am asking God to inspire me and reveal His dream for me…

39. Sondra S., I pray that God will help you to see how capable, skillful, beautiful, and nurturing your dream is and that He will show you how to use that dream to reach many. And if you should fall along the way, I pray that you’ll remember that God is always right by your side. You are never alone.

My dream is to be able to retire in sooner rather than later, and in good health so I can spend those years doing the things I love, and spending more time with my husband. I worry about finances, especially since my husband doesn’t work. I often feel as if I have no choice but to stay where I am at, and although I am good at my job, I am feeling more and more that there is something else out there for me…I just don’t know what, and I let the fear of not enough money take over.

• Kelly H says:

Jayne,
      The fear of the unknown is always a very powerful & sickening feeling. I pray that you will open your heart to God and let him lead you and guide you every step of the way.

I have always dreamed of working in the Medical Field but did not think that I was capable (financially & mentally) of doing so. Now, closing in on 50, I just don’t think if would be the right move for me. I love my job now, but just feel that something is missing. I constantly feel like I am disappointing my husband because when we first met I was high up in my company and making really good money. Now, I feel that I am content with what I have and I think he feels I should be doing more.

40. Jayne…
    I do know and believe God has a plan for each and everyone of us. I want to make sure to let you know how it is important to pay tithe. I pray that God continue giving you strength through your situation. I pray that God will open doors for your husband and that God will grant Him favor for finances and work. Ministry always starts with our home first. Even while you are working, you can minister to other woman about the love of God and how he is giving you strength inspite of what you are facing. I pray that God will continue to guide and lead you into His perfect plan for you and your family. I pray that God will lead you to be able to fulfill your dreams and wants. I pray that you will be a lender and not a borrower. I decree and declare financial breakthrough for you and your family.

My dream and what God is leading me to do is, start a woman and young girls foundation, a woman support group, I want to have an apt complex for woman and struggling family to live in and one to adopt and take homeless children off the street and help them, I want to be mentor to young girls. I want to have a food bank and have a place to cook for people that are homeless. I want to do all of this not just America. With all of that I will help draw people to Christ and even with my testimonies. I love helping people and paying things for people. So I ask God to bless me with finances to help people. I want to also write a book.

This chapter really is empowering me! I also just love the online bible study of stress-less living. I can’t tell how much this book alongside going to counseling has really truly empowered me because I really was in a depress stage of my life. I thought many times of giving up. But thank God that He loves me so much that he send help. I am a stay home mom of 6 kids. A new marriage after leaving my marriage of 10 years, a new baby, finances shaky and just being a wife and mother is extremely overwhelming. But I is getting better bit by bit. Our father is truly able…..

• Paige Ward says:

Alona, your dream is beautiful and I feel blessed to be able to pray with you for this dream of reaching out and helping those who are so in need of help.

41. Karen Wilson says:

Love this verse pic and post – It has taken me a long time to really wrap my mind around that God loves me and He always tells me that when I am down on myself! So faithful!

42. Paige Ward says:

The dream that has been on my heart for a long time is to open a place of rest for people to go to who have chemical sensitivities. As we search for a place to go on vacation, we realize there is not much out there. I want a place chemically sensitive people can feel “normal” and enjoy the things that “normal” people can do on a daily basis.

• Renee D. says:

Paige Ward- I stand with you in agreement and pray that you will be guided by God for this dream to come to pass. Don’t give up and keep pushing to your goal! Hugs, Renee

43. Renee D. says:

I pray for my call to teach….guidance if this is really where you want me to go Lord! I am stuck with finishing my education, I have 2 years left and have been putting it off. I trust in you Lord.

• Christine says:

Renee, I will be praying for your dream to be a teacher! I believe it takes someone very special to hold that position and if He has called you to guide our future generation, I know He will bring it to pass in His perfect time. I ask that the Lord gives you guidance and provides the time and finances you might be needing to finish your schooling, and for the perfect job opportunity for you to not only educate our children, but to also share with them the gospel of Christ. God bless to you! :)

44. Christine says:

I’ve always dreamed of working in the animal rescue field, or running my own animal sanctuary. I do a lot of satisfying volunteer work in that area, but I long to do even more. Actually running my own rescue would require a tremendous amount of guidance and faith, as there is no income but only expenses to care for all the animals in need. We get by on my husband’s salary, but certainly cannot afford a huge expense like that. If it is meant to be, I know God will provide. I just don’t know when or if it will even come to pass.

• Tristine says:

Hi Christine. I have a similar God-sized dream :-) I have the animal lover heart which gets broken instantly if I see an injured animal, or any animal in a state of pain. My dream is a rescue on a big plot of land, with the resources to hire and run it effectively for the good of the animal. We would target Rotties because my husband is an expert with them and it seems most are breed specific. We have two and they are the sweetest.

Anyway, I have a heart for all animals and pray a lot for help to come to those in need. HOWEVER, only if that is what God wants. I always want to be in His will and let Him lead. He knows best and is in control. I will be praying for you.

• Christine says:

Hi Tristine! It sounds like we are a lot alike! :) I would also love a big plot of land to use as a rescue. It’s nice that you’re thinking of a breed specific rescue, they are so important. Thank you for your prayers, I will be praying for your dream too!

45. Today I finished all the paper work for my retirement. For months I was on unemployment(I am proud of myself I lost my job due to age discrimination I didn’t become unglued and they had to pay me unemployment,I know that God has a plan for us.HE WILL NEVER LEAVE!!!!!!!!!

46. Marie (Ree) says:

Christine,
    I am any animal lover as well! I am praying that the Lord will put the right people and circumstances in your life that will make this dream come to pass for you!

I had always had kittens growing up and even spent 3 years giving daily fluids (Sub q) to a 22 year old kitty with renal failure. It wasn’t until I was 46 years old that my stepson talked me into getting a dog for his dad for Father’s Day …and I am so hooked! I Love that dog like family (Beautiful Australian/German Shepherd mix). Funny, I actually call her my “Jesus Dog” because she has taught me so much about unconditional love! She is a great friend, companion, and protector!

I’m trusting that God has a plan to use your compassion for animals and that He will guide you to the resources needed to bring it to completion!
    Blessings,
    Marie

• Christine says:

Thank you Marie! Bless your heart for caring for that older kitty! It’s funny, I always grew up with dogs in my family but became a “crazy cat lady” in my 20’s when I had my first apartment and wanted a pet. :) I love them both as well. Our dog is an Australian Shepard mix too! Thank you for your prayers! I will be praying for your dream to be a writer too!

47. When I stop to think about my dreams, I have pause to give thanks to God for all the dreams that He has already fulfilled. I always dreamed about being a wife and mother. God has blessed me with both. Yes, I had to wait and things did not come easily or when I expected, but God’s choices were far better that mine!

My current dreams is to be a Godly woman. I am striving to become more of the woman that God wants me to be and I can see him working in my life. But my dreams are more than just being a wife and mother. I dream of being the Godly wife and mother. To be following God first and not waiting until I have made a mess of things before turning to him.

Eleven years ago I felt God calling me to be a pastor through The Salvation Army, which my husband and I both responded to and became ordained ministers seven years ago. But I have been feeling that God is calling me to go deeper. He wants me to be deeper in a relationship with him in order to serve him through ministry. This study was a step in that direction and I have so felt him molding me during the past couple of months.

I know that God has amazing dreams for my life and yes, I have some. But I am so happy to follow his dreams as I know that they are the best thing for me and my family. I feel blessed that God loves me so much that he takes the time to not only fulfill my dreams, but to journey with me along the way.

48. Marie (Ree) says:

My dream has always been to be a a published writer. I have written some poetry over the years and would love the opportunity to collaborate with some of the Contemporary Christian Music Artists to write song lyrics.

I’m feeling God’s call on my heart and will be attending the She Speaks Conference in July to focus on my craft! I’ve tried my hand a writing a few Devotionals. I’m a little rusty but believe I have potential to use my talents and spiritual gifts in Women’s Ministry. I’m praying for guidance and direction and for the ability to stop long enough and be still and quiet long enough to listen for an answer.

49. I am in a really hard place right now, and had gotten behind on my reading. I am currently reading chapter 10 and I stopped after reading about the widow. I am losing my job. The facility I work at lost state funding (we provide residential services for adults with intellectual disabilities and serious mental illness). Another company has taken over, but I am not going to be staying with them. June 30 will be my last day of work. This is on top of my husband losing his job in February and then having surgery. I felt forgotten. I wish I knew my calling, sometimes, I think maybe it’s writing…but I don’t know. What I do know is, I’m not forgotten. I’m in a difficult place, a place not of my choosing, but somehow I will get through it. God will walk me through it.

• Marie (Ree) says:

Gina:
      I’m lifting you and your husband up right now and thanking the Lord in advance for job opportunities for the both of you!

I’m asking that if it is His will, that He will NOT let you miss a paycheck and that you will transition from your last day on June 30th to a new and better paying job on July 1st!

I’m believing James 4:2 “You have not because you ask not”….so I’m asking on your behalf and believing for you as well! Amen!

50. I am not sure what I have ignored God about. I am working hard to be faithful, but I do know he wishes I would be a more joyful servant. I am working on it, really, but change is difficult. I know I will conquer because God is with me. :)