Jun 16

Stressed Less Living, Week 11

Can you believe we have come this far?  Over the past 11 weeks, we have discovered the real problem (Week 1), decided if it really matters (Week 2), learned the side effects of stress (Week 3), realized that things need to change (Week 4), resolved to take our lives back (Week 5), realized we can’t do it alone (Week 6), learned how to not only face but to overcome our giants (Week 7), examined ourselves to determine if we are perhaps addicted to adrenaline (Week 8), learned how to arm ourselves with spiritual weapons (Week 9), and have learned that sometimes we come to the broken points in our lives so that we can recognize that we don’t have the control and turn to the one who does (last week).  It has been an eye opening experience, but we aren’t done yet!  This week we are pressing the reset button.  Tracie Miles and Stephanie Raquel (our awesome guide this week) will lead us as we learn how to realign our lives, recognize our needs, adjust our focus, be filled with the Spirit, be faithful in our prayer lives and to truly believe God is who He says He is.  That sounds like a lot, but we have been building up to this and we are sooooooo ready for it.  So here is our line-up….
Reflection Verse~

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.  ~Romans 8:26 NIV

Suggested Assignments for week 11

Monday – Meet Stephanie Raquel and see what she has in store for us.  You are going to need your Bible and an open heart as we delve into Scripture today.

Tuesday – Start reading chapter 11 of Stressed Less Living, titled “The Reset Button”.  This one is a little longer than the last, but if you read two action steps a day, you can be done by Thursday and answer the reflection questions on Friday.

Wednesday – Think you know all about Proverbs 31 Ministries already?  Tune in to find out.

Thursday – Blog hop!  This week’s topics are:

1. Intercede. “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” ~Romans 8:26 NIV Map our reflection verse and share with us how your heart responds to His living and active Word.

2.  Motions. Chapter 11. Ever feel like you’re going through the motions of faith?  Allow this song by Matthew West to bring you encouragement.  What will you do next?

3.  Need. What is your biggest need right now?  Share a prayer surrendering that need to God OR What is a need in your life you have already surrendered…how did things change?

4.  #Blessed. Add to your #Blessed entry or start one today! We only have one more hop left!

FridayStephanie is back to help us review our action steps and wrap everything up.  And don’t forget to check out the Stress Busting Scriptures are the end of the chapter!

Saturday – I am back with another short message and an opportunity for you to share your prayer requests and praises.

Are you ready to push the reset button and start over with less stress?  I know I am!

Blessings,
Ginny

Comments

1. Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

This has been such an awesome study and, YES, I’m ready to press the reset button and start over with less stress.

2. I LOVE that video of Matthew West-Motions! What a message and inspiration! I have to confess that I have been sporadic in logging on and doing the study the past few weeks, however I am still extremely blessed and refuse to beat myself up for not doing it perfectly. Just knowing I am able to connect and review and learn from all the wonderful ladies that are sharing their hearts is such a support. God is good, it’s not about me, but it’s all about Him.

3. Janet F says:

Ready for this week’s study, looking forward to it!! Love the video by Matt West thanks for sharing it!! :)

4. I love this verse. One of my goals is to learn how to really pray. I need to really change my prayer life (or lack of). I haven’t had a blog but I am thinking about starting one so I will be ready for the next study. I love reading others work! Alright, well, here’s to a great week 11!

5. I’m ready to hit the reset button too. I couldn’t help myself – I read through the chapter already – and I am so glad I did. This is the final week of school for both of my children. While I’m thrilled that Summer is almost “officially” here, I’m also incredibly grateful for the strategies Tracie provides for us in this week’s chapter!

6. Tristine says:

I am ready also! Like Missy I also read ahead and am very excited to get started. Thank you for summarizing like you did above. This has been such a wonderful study and I know I have grown much closer to God.

7. This study has followed me on my long journey these past few months. God is working overtime in our lives. I have been able to witness to several people the last few days about how much God loves us. Happy Father’s Day to our father that loves us even when we fail. I still struggle with understanding God’s plan and what it means, but I trust he will lead us through this and look forward to this new chapter. My son had a grand mal seizure in jail because they did not give him his medicine, please hold him in the light of our Father to keep him healthy, strong and faithful. We are also heading to Mayo Clinic tomorrow with my 19 year old son who is having health problems. Please keep us all in prayer. Becky

8. There were times in my life when I felt a greater sense of “stressed out”, but I wasn’t “filled up”. Not until I started this study. The book, the subsequent verses we have focused on, each other’s words of encouragement, blogs, all of it has inspired me to have a closer relationship to our Heavenly Father. I am truly blessed that God led me to this study, the incredible book, to Melissa and her great friends of faith. All of this has moved me towards a life more deeply rooted in the Lord. Through this study, I finally began writing for the Lord, something I believe He has been calling me to do for over two years. I wish I could attend the conference in a few weeks – as I believe I could learn so much from the women of faith. Yet, it is not something I can do this year. My plans are definitely to attend next year, to learn, to grow, to feel rejuvinated, and to see how I can help in spreading God’s word. My time is now spent with God (p. 213) – and the benefits are heavenly~~ Blessings to all.

9. Tabitha Jones says:

I am ready to dig in to the study this week. I really enjoyed the Matthew West video. I do not have a blog because I can not figure out how to do one but I hope I can learn how before long.

10. Courtney says:

Looking forward to another awesome and rewarding week! I’m praying for God’s favor and breakthrough for all of us this week! :)

11. To all my sister in reset mode, “He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, BUT those who wait on the Lord SHALL renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40: 29- 31. Our Lord has given us tools that enhance our strength through trials, challenges and stresses. As we wear our armor in battles, deflecting the defences, we have an offense that provides us with the strength and support we need. As we fall down, we can get back up, as the eagle soars, so shall we. With the Legs and arms of God lifting us through, be it water, brush or a wall, We are have the best stress buster, THE WORD. Lift it up, declare you victory and RUN FLY and WALK all over the trials. You have been given POWER (Pulling over Walls Everywhere Resource)!

12. Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

Totally ready!

13. Looking forward to hitting that reset button this week! How awesome is it that we serve such a patient and forgiving God?!

14. I really like that song. I often feel like I’m just going through the motions. One day ends up blending into the next, life feels like it has no meaning. I’m off of work for the summer. I’m reading to reset and relax. So I’m very much looking forward to reading this chapter.

15. Just going through the motions. So often it is easier to go through the motions, then admitting that I am struggling. I don’t know how much of my life has been a matter of just going through the motions, doing what was expected. This study has helped me in making some major changes to my spiritual walk. I am feeling better spiritually. Thank you Tracie and all the OBS leaders for challenging me.

16. Shaynne Palmer says:

With the way the past few weeks have gone I am SOOOO ready to hit the reset button. I have also already read this weeks assignment and I find the hardest thing for me is the part in #2 (Recognize Your Need) about being self-sufficient.
    I have learned to be self-sufficient out of necessity and it is hard to change.
    1. My father passed away June 26, 1981 when I was 19 and I have been pretty much on my own ever since – including becoming a single mother at 25.
    2. When I have let the wall down and opened up to ask for help I either get the “yeah we will help” and they never come through or if they do help they do a poor job or 1/2 the job and leave me in a worse mess than before.
    So I never ask for help which bleeds over into my trust in God and believing He won’t do the same thing to me. I know in my head that is crazy thinking but…

17. Mona Nash says:

Isn’t it great to have a reset button with God? I feel so much closer to God as I am relating my stresses to him and “trying” to hand them over to Him. Can’t wait to get into this chapter. I am relating to this memory verse from Romans.