“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.”
~ Romans 8:26 (NIV)
Hello there! Stephanie Raquel here, from Illinois — not Steph in Texas — and I am beyond thrilled to be teaching this week, as we jump into Chapter 11 of Stressed-Less Living by Tracie Miles.
Because I haven’t yet met most of you, I’ve prepared a brief intro video, which also gives you our Reflection Verse challenge for the week! And by the way, hello to the amazing women from OBS Facebook Group 47! =)
(If you can’t see the video, please click HERE to see it.)
I’m soooo very excited about this chapter. You know why? Because it’s chock-full of practical wisdom. LOVE THAT!! We’ll dive into more of the specifics of the book tomorrow. Meanwhile, as you probably saw in the video, here is your assignment for today:
- Read all of Romans Chapter 8. Ideally, twice, in two different versions. If you don’t own two different bibles, BibleGateway.com is an awesome resource for you to add a parallel translation, even in another language! (Two of my personal faves are the NIV and The Message.) EXTRA CREDIT: Begin exploring Romans 8:26 a little deeper, and verse map it over the next few days!
- Take a moment to share the reflection verse with a family member or a close friend. This is a powerful verse, in the middle of a powerful chapter! And it deserves to be shared because not only will it encourage someone else, it will also cement God’s word into your heart. You might even encourage her to sign up for the next OBS with you! Some optional ways to do this:
- Handwrite the verse on your bathroom mirror.
- Text it to a friend who’s facing difficulties.
- Send an encouraging e-mail.
- Make it visually creative, and post it to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram (@P31OBS). Make sure to tag us if you can!
- “Go old school” and write the verse in a card, or send it in a letter with a stamp on it! Who doesn’t love getting actual personalized mail??
Finally, I would love to hear from you in the comments below! Please note, every comment enters you into a drawing for a chance to win an autographed copy of What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst, our next P31 Online Bible Study. We’ll announce the winner on Friday!
- What are your impressions as you read Romans 8? What was your favorite verse or verses, and why?
- How did you share the reflection verse with a friend or loved one? And, if you know it, what was the reaction?
- What do you think about the fact that the God of the Universe, who knows all and sees all, is capable of praying for YOU? How does that impact your prayer life?
Start reading Chapter 11, cuz it’s only 5 pages long. We’ll be back in touch tomorrow!
Love & Hugs,