Jun 23

Stressed Less Living, Week 12

Can you believe that we are beginning our last week of the study?  I don’t know about you but I have really learned some great ways to eliminate stress in my life and the Scripture Studies have been a wonderful way to hide God’s word in my heart.

While we may be winding down, we’re not through yet.  We have an amazing week planned for you.  Here’s a peek:

Reflection Verse~

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Luke 10:41-42

It’s our last week of study and we want to finish STRONG!!! It’s our goal to be stressed-less, and I have an important message for you as we begin to wrap it all up this week.

Suggested Assignments for week 12

Monday – Melissa is back to finish up the study.  Start reading chapter 12 of Stressed Less Living, titled “Enjoying Your Stressed-Less Life”.  What do vacuuming, mopping, weeding and cooking have to do with it?  Read and find out.  Be sure to stop by for a special message from Melissa, as well.

Tuesday – Stop by the OBS blog for some Q & A.

Wednesday – We’ve got some Proverbs 31 info coming your way today!

Thursday – Blog hop!  This week’s topics are:

1.  One Thing. “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42 Even if you do not have a Blog, we invite you to map this verse and see what God shares with you!

2.  Priority Shift. Life a bit “too busy” for quiet time with Jesus? We’ve all been there. How do you keep Christ a priority in your daily life? What encouragement can you share with others who are struggling?

3.  #StressedLess. What is the biggest, most life-changing lesson you have learned from Tracie’s book and this online study? Why would you recommend this book to your friends and family?

4.  #Blessed. Alright ladies, this is your last chance to share your #Blessed list with us. We hope that even though this study is over, you will continue searching for His blessings each day.

Friday – Today we close out the week, and the book with Melissa.  While the study may be over, it is time to begin some Stressed-Less Living!

Saturday – Prayer request, praises, and a short message from Ginny Blankenship.

It’s going to be a great week!  Be sure to stop by and leave us some comments.  Each one is a chance to win the last Stressed-Less Living giveaway.

Comments

1. Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

Awesome and encouraging message, Melissa! Thank you!

2. I can’t believe it is the last week of our study already. It has been a fun ride and all of the leaders have been awesome! Thank you so much! I can’t wait for the next study! God bless!

3. Janet F says:

Love the video Melissa, thanks for leading us in this last week of our study. What an AWESOME study it was!!!!!! Thanks to all who were involved in it and helped with all the details. Thanks to all the participants who posted and shared their lives and concerns and prayers with us. Praying we all become Mary’s who sit at Jesus feet and enjoy a stressed-less life. God Bless you all ♥

4. I have already started reading the chapter. I want to be Mary. She had it all in perspective. Can you imagine missing out on sitting at his feet and just listening to the words he had to say? Having said I want to be Mary it us something I sti struggle with at times. I must admit that Tracie has helped me to see that I can either look to Jesus and let him change and provide for me even when I would rather fix it myself. I can’t do anything without his abundant love and guidance. That is slowly sinking into my heart. It is wonderful to leave things on his shelf. Oh there are still times when I have to force myself to put the problem on the shelf and leaving it, but l feel much less stressed and worried when I do. Agai I am making imperfect progress daily and I have to admit I like the way it feels. Have a stress less week and God Bless you Melissa

5. Lynn Fincher says:

Enjoyed your video today Melissa great statement most important to sit at the feet of Jesus…Time to be Stresses Less and spend that time with Jesus..
    God Bless You and all the women completing this OBS
    Lynn

6. Jennifer says:

Couldn’t wait, either – started chewing on the verses. I wanted to understand more about the words Jesus used to describe Martha, and I found this article – I hope it blesses you just as it blessed me!

Much love,
    Jennifer

• TJ Conner says:

Fantastic link!
      Comparison- it can really destroy!
      Maybe we need to look at this a little more personally too.
      Do we sometimes resent serving our children and husband when others are out doing things that sound fun or we feel our continuous hard work for others goes unnoticed. Yep, been there.
      So more focus on Jesus and the rest will work itself out in the wash!
      (:-) great play on words, right LOL)

• Thank you Jennifer, that was really an interesting article! Loved to read it! Gave me also a different perspective.

• Thanks for the great link!

• Janet F says:

Thanks Jennifer loved the link!!!

• Great link, thanks so much for sharing. Really does make me think about why I’m doing thing the things I’m doing. I am I doing it because it’s what God wants me to do or is it because of a multitude of worldly reasons.

7. So glad to have found you. I have been subscribed to P31 for a long time however, I love connecting more personally with others and Jesus. Thank you. Will be following now!

8. Melissa, I was so encouraged to hear that yes indeed, there is a time for work, but yes indeed, we must also make time to sit at the feet of our Jesus and just soak Him in. I’ve honestly been accused of being more like Mary than Martha in the past. Although, with my family, I find myself turning more and more Martha-ish. It’s about priorities – and I so appreciate the reminder, this week to make time spent with the Prince of Peace my number one priority.

9. I also have to work on sitting at the feet of Jesus, since I started this OBS it is becoming more clear to me and I even experienced how good it feels to make this time. Before I always thought I did not have the time because I was just so busy. Now I see that if I make the time I am much more able to handle the business and even that some things get cancelled because they are really not that important. I am so glad I found this study!!!!!

10. Tristine says:

Thank you Melissa! I am happy you had a great vacation :-). I love this sorry about May and Martha. I am like Martha, though I have made progress. I would love nothing more to sit at Jesus’ feet all day long! Many things have worried me, like Jesus tells Martha. I am looking forward to this last week and truly starting to learn how to honor and learn from Jesus and to let the other worries go.

11. UGH!!! I dont want this study to be over with yet. :-( I’ve learned so much and grown so much I just dont want to stop with this study. I think I need to re-read this entire book and see what I missed. Thank you so much for this study. It is awesome! :-)

12. This has really been a life-changing study for me! I have learned so much about God’s Word and truly feel how getting into His Word can help me through stressful situations and daily life!

13. Woot! Welcome back, Melissa! Glad you were able to relax last week. =)

14. Courtney says:

I cannot believe its the last week! This has been an amazing 12 weeks! I’m so energize, relaxed, encouraged, and less stress! Thank you, Melissa and the P31 team for all of your words of wisdom, challenges, encouragement, and love. :)

15. So ready to finish this chapter & see where the next study takes us.

16. A part of me is so sad that this study is over, the other part of me is so grateful for the insights that Tracie has helped me implement into my life. I think this study has been the most impactful for me at this time in my life, as I am facing many trials and difficulties which create much stress. I am looking forward to using what I have learned and resting in God. I will be forever grateful for this study and my small group.

17. There was no other way to share with all of you what an impact you have had on my healing than to dedicate my blog to it today. Between the book and the impact of all of you, my life continues to follow a more peace-filled life with God. I love the direction my life is taking (and so does everyone else around me)! Although I will always struggle with stress, knowing God is always waiting for me and willing to take me back to my journey brings me to a greater place. Thank you will never be enough for all you have given me!! http://simplefaithtoday.blogspot.com/2013/06/journey-to-healing.html

18. Martha F. says:

I have learned so much from this study! I need to go back and read the book again! Looking forward to living a more stressed-less life, more like Mary!

19. Meg Derosier says:

Loved the message! and cant beleive we are on our last week of study!

20. Renee D. says:

I still can’t believe this is the last week for this OBS! As I stated before bittersweet! I am so thankful this OBS came right on time. I look forward to a wonderful week :-)

21. I am amazed that we are on our last week!! I have learned so much these last 12 weeks and have found many lovely ladies to turn to when I need a kind word or fervent prayers! So glad to be a part of this wonderful group of ladies and thoroughly looking forward to finishing up the book this week and seeing what God has planned for the future!

22. CarolAnne says:

Thanks, Melissa! Wow, an entire week away from the computer…good for you! Can’t believe this is the final week, but am proud of all the effort we’ve put in. This has been very instructive. God Bless Us All xo

23. Sad to see the BS come to an end….it has been very enlightening. There are truly some great women of faith out there. I have learned so many very useful things by not only reading the book and doing the “homework” but, also by all of the great comments on this blog…. thanks one and all.

24. I have been out of my normal routine for two weeks (one week in conferences, and one week on vacation) but I have stayed up with the readings. I am excited to be back to normal for this last week, and I am looking forward to it. Thanks so much, Proverbs 31 Team, you all have made a difference!

25. Thank you Melissa! This message has helped me in my current season and I’m truly grateful to be apart of this study! God placed the right people in your life at the right time and I’m so grateful! Be blessed!

26. My prayer is that the Lord will help me to always choose what is better and that I will be intentional in spending time with Him.

27. This Chapter I’m sure is the best as it is the end of her story but the beginning of ours!

28. Amanda Panik says:

I am new to Proverbs 31 and I have been through a few difficult months. I just bought A Stressed-Less Life to help my focus be more on God and not the stresses around me. I love the book so far and was so excited to find this study. I have sent all the previous weeks of this bible study to my email so I can do this study as I read through the book. Thanks for keeping these and allowing them to still be available. God has lead me to this website and it has been a great supplement as I am reconnecting with Him.

• Katrina Wylie says:

Welcome Amanda! I’m so happy the Lord led you here. He led me here the study before this one and they have truly been such a blessing in my life. I don’t know what all your difficulties are, but I know that God is the answer and that He led you here for a reason. Praying that He will bless you through the book and in your difficulties. I also hope that you will consider joining us for the next study starting at the end of July – “What Happens When Woman Say Yes To God” by Lisa Terkeurst. God bless!

29. Katrina Wylie says:

Can’t believe it’s been 12 weeks already! I’m truly sad to see it end. Looking forward to having you back this week Melissa to close and also for the next study!

30. I like this story of Mary and Martha, because I can relate to it.

I wanted to share a little bit from the Sunday church service I went to. It seems as though God was working on both my husband and I. There were many times throughout the service in which I thought of this OBS. When we got home my husband said he’s going to make more of an effort to be motivated at home and to focus on our family. Praise God.

The theme of the service was unity and I thought of how this bible study has brought together so many women across the nation and world and how by touching each of our lives, it ends up affecting so many others.
    The verse of the day: Isaiah 55:11 “My Word will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” Great reminder of how God brought all of us together to this study for a purpose and it will be accomplished despite our failings.
    Another reading from Matthew 11: 25-30 “come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest…learn from me…you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” I think was a verse used in the book, somewhere along the way.
    Finally we sang the song “In Christ Alone” Pretty much summed up the whole point of this study for me. Christ alone is the source of our stress relief and our ability to be able to rest, relax, and enjoy life. Here’s a link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtL_li4GbE

31. Rebecca says:

I read chapter 12 last night. Yes, I definitely have a tendancy to be a Martha….always busy, always having one more thing to do, always go, go , go. Please pray that I will choose the one thing that is best….to sit at the feet of Jesus and let Him lead, guide and direct me through each minute of each day. I have been starting off each day with a devotional and time spent in His Word for the past week. Before I would always try to cram this into a few spare minutes that I might find throughout the day. Making this a priority has been a huge step already. Please pray with me that I will continue to be consistent with this. Thank you for all of your encouragement OBS leaders and friends!

32. I live on the other side of the Pond in Innsbruck,Austria
    God makes all things possible for those who believe and I am so grateful for the words of encouragement that I have received these last months through my health issues;my journey through depression with God. I have also realised that I had very busy schedules; work and private and that I needed to take a good look at what is really important, learning to say no to the things that are trival and unneccessary.Setting my priorities and rethinking my time and availability to do the things that are most beneficial to us as I continue to take the steps neccessary for my Journey with the Lord.
    So as you can imagine there is alot going on. Im taking little steps forward.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”(Hebrews 11:6, NIV)
    Father God, thank You for Your Word which fills my heart with faith. I believe that You are good and You are a rewarder of those who seek after You. I seek You today. I acknowledge You and thank You for revealing Yourself to me in Jesus’ name. Amen
    I know that I will have a devine appointment for this next online biblestudy together with you and women all over the world
    What Happens When Women Say Yes to God-

Thank you and God bless your ministry as I begin a new chapter here in Austria

33. loving this chapter really hit home why I was reading the par about when a guest comes and how I clean is so true .. I really also was concentrating and thinking about how much I need to become engaged with God daily in His Word and with prayer

34. Charolette Ragsdale says:

Chapter 12 is a great end to this wonderful study. I just purchased a book about Mary and Martha to read soon. I thoroughly enjoyed this study and book. I am so relieved to have a better understanding of this problem that affect so many Americans and will definitely share this book with my friends. Being stresses in life all the time is no fun.

35. Jacqueline says:

Thank you for all your studies! I dont have the books to follow along with, but do receive emails each day, and follow the scriptures provided! Have learned a lot about stress from the daily emails with this study.

Cant wait for next study to start! Thank you again for daily emails to follow!

36. Jacqueline Pierce says: