Jun 28

SLL Week 12, Day 5~ Study Wrap Up

Twelve weeks ago, we began this journey to Stressed-Less Living. Some of us living crazy, chaotic, frenzied lives. Most of us in need of peace.

Twelve weeks ago, Jesus could have said to me, “Melissa, Melissa, you are worried about many things, but only one thing is needed. You can choose better.” (Could you have inserted your name in those blanks, as well?)

Hopefully by now, things have changed a bit! They have for me, and I’m so thankful! Not only have I learned so much from Tracie Miles in Stressed-Less Living, but I’ve also learned a lot from you. Yes, you!

This Bible Study would never be as good as it is without you. When we come together to learn and study God’s Word, great things happen. We have each other to lean on, learn from, be encouraged by, pray with, and depend on. On days I wasn’t quite sure if I could really trust God with life’s circumstances, all I had to do was come here and be with my sisters. It was no time at all before I was reminded who I am in Christ.

As we close the pages of Stressed-Less Living, let’s make sure we don’t close the pages of our Bibles or our hearts. Keep close to God and allow your heart to remain open to what He offers you. He’s got you in the palm of His hands, ya know?

Where were you twelve weeks ago? Where are you today? Please share in the comment section below how this Online Bible Study has impacted your life.

Want to continue to study God’s Word with P31 Online Bible Studies? Click here for information about our next study with Lysa TerKeurst!

A Personal Message from Me (& winner announced)

***If you can’t see a video below, click here to view on You Tube.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

1. Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

Congratulations, Katrina! I’m so delighted you’re the winner of this week’s giveaway! YAY! Your blog is so encouraging! It’s been an absolute honor participating in this study with you! <3

• Katrina Wylie says:

Bree, your leadership in group 37 has been a lifeline. So many times you’ve spoken encouragement and truth into my struggles and my dreams. I feel truly blessed to have met you and be led by you during this 12 week journey. Thank you! God has great things planned for you and your future.

• Bree (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

Thank you, Katrina! I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know you and the ladies of Group 37 these past twelve weeks. Your comments and blog entries have been very uplifting for me. God has awesome things planned for you, too!

2. It has been an honour to do this OBS with you all. It was my first and I can’t wait to the next. I am not the same person I was 12 weeks ago I have got into the word of God like never before and learned how to map a verse which has been life changing for me – thank you all at P31 you are storing up your treasures in Heaven God bess you all. Xo

3. i am hoping for lasting change in how I respond to stress in healthy, Godly ways and depending upon the Holy Spirit to bring all these things to memory until I replaced my knee-jerk faections…worry, fret, control…into prAyer, fighting back with scripture and trust in THE ONE who truly has control. in addition to the online study, am doing this study with three women with whom we have studied together monthly for over 20 years & we are spending 2 months on each chapter in order to absorb it and learn to live it. each of us have been/are in vaious leaderships roles with the women’s ministries at church for 40 years. we met this week and it is like we are waking from a bad dream…one where we were trapped by stress filled lives and “believed” that was just the way it’s supposed to be. i have a disabling pain issue wherein neiurological pain is increased by stress, good or bad/ any event/happening that causes excitement as well as despair so that is what drove me to seek relief through this study (began 6 years ago) & i sorta dragged my 3 BFFs along even though they were not all that excited about the study. they did it to help me but are now finding refreshing freedom for themselves. one gal said if that pain issue is what brought us to this place of getting free from the lies/traps of the enemy then maybe we will see God end my misery & free me from constant pain. that is how much value the truth is having for us old timers :-) whether God chooses to heal me in this life or the next is what I will embrace but He does have a more abundant life for me to live…physical crippling is a part of life sometimes but spiritual/emotional crippling does not have to be…& I believe He has more for me. between this study and the I USed To Be So Organized study last year I have renewed hope and God has restored my joy. i never ever thought I would feel that again…i never ever imagined I could say again that I look forward to getting up in the morning. our God is so good.

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Oh Suzi it is such a blessing to hear that God has restored your joy. Joy is my favorite word and this year I added “less” – less of me, MORE of Him. Thank you for sharing. Lifting you up and praying for your pain and Ioved it when you said, “physical crippling is a part of life sometimes but spiritual/emotional crippling does not have to be”. So glad you are here in these studies with us and I know your friends have been blessed by you dragging them with you.

4. I’ve truly been blessed by the OBS! Melissa n all the OBS leaders I was in a season of raw emotions. I’d recently lost my dual parent of 28 years. The only earthly man I loved more than life( my father) ! It was stressful, I felt so alone because we shared such a unique bond. I was in so much pain! This study aided me through my bad days, inspired me to press forth in my good days. Positively changed my mindset in my better days and now I’m in a place of, “Best Days!” I know that I’m still in process but I have faith in progress for all I’ve learned . I can deal with my stress and fear with power in Jesus Christ! I’m no longer the victim but the Victor! I thank God for you and the ministry for answering the call and genuinely loving what you do! Be blessed!

5. Elaine Ledlow says:

Each of the bible studies I have participated in have helped me to see real progress in my life. I started with Unglued and have done all but one since. This has been such a journey of growth and love that I am finding it difficult to put it into words. The community which we have built is one where I feel safe not only expressing what I am feeling but also talking about issues that are often difficult to talk with friends about. The Real Life attitude and openness has helped me to understand that as a child of God I really can be better with each study I do. I learned to verse map and I find myself doing it with the scriptures our pastor uses for sermons as well as the scriptures in our studies. I want to thank each of the leaders and Authors for opening their hearts and minds to us and following the Holy Spirit to guide us through circumstances that really dont change but the challenge to change our selves and not let the circumstances rule our lives. When things have been tough for me I have always been able to come to this safe haven and discuss it and ask for prayer and wisdom. Each of us bring a bit of a different perspective to the table but we all share in the need to be closer to God. I find myself being more at peace but also being bolder and more confident when someone comes to me with an issue. I have always felt a calling for women who are in distress and this particular studies has provided me with more tools in my tool box to move forward. As an elementary school teacher, I often have people pulling me from many sides and I am slowly learning to let the Holy Spirit and Jesus have the problems and let them help me solve them. I have discovered that I am stronger with God at the helm than I ever could be when I try to solve or fix things on my own. I am the oldest of 5 girls in our family and I have found myself being more proactive with them and in sharing what I have discovered. I am so excited to be able to say that my youngest sister is joining us for the next study! For a long time I found myself questioning why me and why are these things happening, but Tracie did a wonderful job of explaining how these trials make us not only stronger but soften our hearts to hear what our God has to say. The circumstances are still there but as I dug into the scripture I realized that while I can’t change them I can let God change my heart and rely on his plan which has always been the only thing that I need to make my life better. Each week I found myself making imperfect progress in each area of my stress! Our God has such wonderful timing. I still struggle with leaving things on the shelf and letting him work them out but as I posted in day 3 I am a different person that I was 12 weeks ago and as far as that goes 5 days ago. Thank you to all of you who have prayed and encouraged and offered wisdom to aid me in my journey. I love being able to share and encourage others as we discussed what was happening in our lives. I continue to pray for all my OBS sisters and look forward to the next study. I have done several studies of the bible that helped me to dig a bit deeper but until I started the OBS I was given examples of how it can and should be. I have received so much more with the examples and stories of others. Each of you have given me something to think about and learn from. I Praise God for each of you and continue to lift us all in prayer.As I posted in day 3 of this week others have also seen the change in me. I plan to continue to make imperfect progress and continue to study the scriptures and the discussion from each of the studies to help me become the Godly woman that I know I can be. Melissa you are such an inspiration to me as you are real and open as are the other leaders of the OBS.Thank you all and I shall be talking to you all soon!
    I also wanted to include a praise report. My sister Lana is the one who had the terrible wreck on Mar. 2 and she and all of our family have become closer to each other as well as closer to God. She is now using a walking boot and was so excited that she was able to go out today and shoot hoops with her middle daughter. God is working in her life as well as in her children’s lives. Praises to the Mercy and Grace He supplies! God Bless each and everyone of you! I love you all as sisters in Christ and hope to continue some of our many conversations as we move on to our next study. Thanks again to each of you Love u all! May God bless and keep you as you move forward! Elaine

• Katrina Wylie says:

Great changes, great praises! Thank you Lord for the work you’re doing in Elaine’s life and in her sister’s healing.

6. Thanks again to all for a life-changing experience. And congratulations Katrina!! Well deserved – you helped many to continue moving forward in our quest for a more peaceful life. Blessings to all as we go on our journey to a stressed less life and one more rooted in our SAVIOR!! Thanks to all!

• Katrina Wylie says:

God is good! Thank you Susan for speaking encouragement into my heart this morning and through your blog as well. May God continue to bless you on your journey and others as you share.

7. Melissa, being involved with online Bible studies has been life transforming for me! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your obedience and your vision. I have learned and grown from each study. The community that has been built here is safe and such a blessing. It has become a lifeline! I’m looking forward to What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. I have a feeling we will need to buckle up! It’s going to be quite the ride! Love you sisters!
    Beth A. (OBS Group Leader)

8. Christine Ann says:

Hi to all of you,
    I can defintely say that after twelve weeks of reading and Bible study with Stressed Less Living I am a different woman, much more aware, thankful and ready to walk in all the truth I have learned. Working through chp12 this week has been challenging because i had the biggest test to living stressed-less, in a long time. I can’t remember when I last had such a testing week. Certain events were completely out of my control and i came near to the edge of my own strength in them.. but thankfully I knew where to go immediatly in each situation.. to the feet of Jesus and draw from His peace. Many of the Stress Buster scriptures have come to mind at the right moment and kept my heart and mind at peace night and morning ( the two worst times when my mind is stressed). So a BIG thankyou to all the work Melissa and others have put into the OBS.. the video encouragements and the songs,I have been blessed by watching and listening to them again and again. I am preparing now for the next OBS , ‘What Happens When Women Say Yes to God’..
    Every blessing to you all

9. Today is the last day of this stressed less OBS and I am both happy and sad. So sad that’s its over. It was my first time and I have had such a great time doing this study with these wonderful sisters in Christ. I’m happy that I actually did it and finished it. 12 weeks is a HUGE commitment in my busy life of being wife and mom of 5 awesome kids. This book has been truly life changing for me. Twelve weeks ago my name could have most definitely been inserted into the “Martha” verse. I have learned to react differently in situations that before would have sent me into a frantic panic of stress. In fact, just yesterday I was at Freshman Orientation with my 2nd daughter Hannah and we were separated. They took the students one direction and the parents another. I realized that I had Hannah’s cell phone in my purse, so we had no way of contacting each other. I wasn’t sure if she would come back to where she left me or continue on with all the others to lunch at the café (she had shared that she didn’t want to eat there at the school). I almost started to panic. I didn’t want us to be on a wild goose chase to find each other. I called my husband to share my dilemma and then I prayed, “Dear Jesus just point me in the right direction”. I got in the van and drove to the Student Union building; checked for here there at the student ID pick up — she had not been there yet, so I walked over to the Café a
    nd waited in the lobby. A few minutes later in she walked. We enjoyed a nice lunch together, picked up her ID and headed back home. Twelve weeks ago I would have been a mess in this situation.
    This book has been so life changing for me and I am going to share it with so many friends. I wish my finances allowed me to purchase a case of this great book by Tracie Miles and pass out copies and share my OBS experience with all the women I know who need to be less stressed.
    I am so looking forward to the next OBS. I’ve already purchased my book and have encouraged my good friend Karrie to do it with me. Thank you Melissa and all the OBS leaders for using the gifts and talents God has given you to lead us.

• Katrina Wylie says:

“I’ve learned to react differently in situations that before would have sent me into a frantic panic of stress.” Me too, thank God! I know my husband is thanking God ;) That one change alone has removed so much anxiety from my life. Awesome to hear the Lord is removing that stress from others lives as well. I will be praying that the Lord opens doors and hearts as you open up to share about your experience and these studies with others.

10. Meg Derosier says:

Congrats Katrina! So happy for u! Love your blogs and so happy to be in a group with you!!

• Katrina Wylie says:

Thanks Meg :) Your blessing lists you’ve shared in your blog this study have blessed me and it’s been a great pleasure getting to know you and share in each others struggles through group 37. You have such a loving heart and spirit. Thanks for sharing that with us all this study.

11. Thank you so much ladies!! I began this study just hoping for a path toward a closer relationship with God to be laid in front of me. I have been a Christian for a long time but only this year have made strives toward what that means day to day. I have always heard “pray, read your Bible, go to church” but I needed more than just a simple answer. I am the type that needs “pray this…, read this…, did you see this?… This study has not only opened my eyes to very important messages but also who to study with and how to continue. I don’t consider this the end of my study, I consider this the jumping off point of many more to come! Looking forward to all that God will continue to do with what I have learned as well as what He will continue to show me in coming study times! Thank you again to all the wonderful ladies in P31 OBS, Group 48, Melissa Taylor, and Kelley Murphy!!!

12. Well girls this study has been a blast and has reached into my heart and taught me so many things. I am Melissa…when I am having a rough day I come on this website, post my feelings, and when I have a stack full of supportive comments at the end of the day from you girls and I love you. It means so much to me. I can’t wait for the next study. God bless you all.

13. Jeanie Kelley says:

Eight weeks ago I was stressed out because of Warren’s job situation. I was stressed with our son and how he made me feel every day–13 and the hormones are crazy. However with that being said, I am much more relaxed and letting God handle all the stress I have. I have loved this study and will be ready for the in between study as well as the next one. I loved the slower pace of this study and it gave me more time to read and think what was being said. You guys rock and I love this study. This is going to be the only study that I will be doing from now on. I love the challenge and especially the blogging. I have really enjoyed that. Praying for you and love you to pieces. Blessings.

14. Janet F says:

First of all Congratulations Katrina! God bless you!!!
    This study has been life changing for me. When we started it I was going along living my 58 year old life, living with my elderly mother and caring for her needs. Working full time and occasionally watching my two granddaughters. Then it seemed like the more we got into the study all chaos broke loose. My daughter-in-love left my son. I found myself, because of the long hours this time of year with my sons job, running to the neighboring town 1/2 hour away picking the girls up from the sitter and taking them to their home to get them to bed until my son got home. Some nights it was 11pm. I get up at 3:30 :( This month it has been taking them to ball games 4 nights a week, some in towns over an hour away. Before this study I would have been totally stressed out because this was all OUT OF MY CONTROL. Now because of this study I found PEACE in my chaotic world. Thank you so much Tracie for writing this book!! I also learned to verse map, which I absolute love to do and gain so much insight from a verse now doing that!!! I have also gained so much insight from all the OBS women who have daily posts on Melissa’s blog and in the Thursday blog hopping. I have a 2″ 3 ring binder, full to the max, with notes I copied and pasted from all the comments that hit home with me during this study that I can go back and read when I need encouragement or answers. Thanks to everyone who has opened their hearts and been vulnerable to post so that we all can benefit from the wisdom God has given us through these studies. I am excited to start the next study. God bless you all and have a blessed summer!! I am praying for all you OBS women daily!!!!♥

• Janet – Your testimony of peace here is amazing! And encouraging! I love that you were able to put this into a perspective that I’m sure so many more than me can relate to. Just when you think things are settled down a tad, along comes The Chaos. Praying over you sister!

• Janet F says:

Thanks so much for your prayers Missy, yes the chaos comes when we least expect it!!

15. This study has been a life changer for me, in more ways than one. 12 weeks ago when we began the study, there were so many unknowns in my life. My husband had just had been before a judge concerning getting disability. So we didn’t know if he had been approved or not at that point. 12 weeks later, he has been approved and he has received it too! A big stress relief for both of us. And after 2 1/2 years of pain, he is mostly pain free this morning thanks to a spinal cord stimulator trial. It has to come out Tuesday but if all goes well, he will have a permanent one put in his back in about a month.

I had been stressed to the max the last few years working all the time and still not making ends meet. God has been there with us from the beginning and He has provided our EVERY need. This study has taught me that God doesn’t want me to be perfect in everything I do. He just wants the best out of me. I have been trying to do everything ‘the right way’ and not getting anywhere. So instead of focusing on my circumstances, I am now trying to focus on Jesus and what He says. It has made a huge difference in my life. Thank you for this great ministry you provide to us! I can’t wait for the next study!

16. Congrats Kat!! So excited you won! Thank you Tracie, Melissa and all the leaders who taught (Stephanie, Stephanie, Linda, Jamy, Ginny, ?) I am probably forgetting someone! But, thank you all!! This study has been so great! It is an honor getting to be a part of this awesome ministry! Love, Sue

• Katrina Wylie says:

Thanks Sue! I have gleaned so much encouragement and insight from you through your comments and blogs. You are such a great discerner of God’s Word…if discerner is even a word, lol. Thanks for speaking into my journey.

17. DebbieK says:

Thank you so much Melissa and the whole OBS Team! This has been an awesome study, and I can’t thank you enough for pouring into my life and helping me grow and discover new and life changing ways to deal with the chaos of life.

I started out the study feeling like I wasn’t all that stressed, but didn’t want to miss out on a great study and wanted to join some friends doing it. Then, I discovered that we can be so stressed that we think it is a normal way to live. Throughout I have learned to press into God and His word and allow Him to lead me through. Just the other day in the middle of the night I awoke and fear gripped me. I only laid there a moment before I felt compelled to get up and read my Bible. The Word of God calmed my heart and allowed me to peacefully drift back to sleep confident that Jesus had me in His loving hands.

I can’t wait to start the next study!

18. What a fantastic group, both the OBS leaders and the wonderful ladies here who without hesitation share the most vulnerable parts of themselves and how God is working in their lives. It’s hard to explain how helpful that is to someone not doing this study how helpful that is because on the face of it, thousands of strangers around the country communicating via the Internet seems so impersonal. But it’s the very opposite and I think the anonymity of being on line helps, maybe because we feel more apt to get raw and truthful with each other than we would sitting face to face. I dunno but this whole concept works and I’m so glad I found this group! Thank you God for bringing Proverbs 31 in to existence and for choosing the perfect people to run it and convey your truths to us through it. Happy Friday everyone!

19. Thank you for following God’s lead in this Bible study. Although I couldn’t participate in all the wonderful opportunities to get the very most out of this study, I DID get into my Bible more and shared with my close circle of friends. I know I can come back to this study for review and feel the peace I learned through the Holy Spirit in my life.

20. Carissa D. Huffman says:

This study has caused truth to slowly seep into my heart and mind. It has been different than the others I have participated in that way. I really do feel equipped to trust more, and, thereby, stress less. Tracie has a quiet way of cutting through the craziness of life. Thanks to all of the OBS leaders, and my Facebook sisters. Group 15, you all have blessed me so much. Can’t wait to do it again!

Carissa in eastern Iowa

21. Katrina Wylie says:

I feel like I’ve won the lottery! This study has come to an end on such a high note for me, even before turning on my computer this morning and discovering the exciting news. I feel so incredibly blessed! The devotional Bible is something I’ve been wanting to purchase for some time now, so thank you so much Melissa and team. It will be well used. And then two books for the next study AND a Starbucks card! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to reach out to two other ladies and share these studies with them. I truly consider it an honor to do so because I’ve experienced first hand how God uses this ministry, these studies, and all of you to speak into and change the lives of woman for Christ. Hearing your words this morning Melissa, and reading the comments above…I’m just in awe with God right now. The encouragement this morning, along with the peace that’s been planted in my heart through this study – those are the best prizes of all! Even though this study has come to an end, I feel that the journey is just beginning and I can’t wait to travel down that road with you all next month. Hope to see you there! God bless!

22. I began this study with stress in my life due to work & my son’s battle with Tourette’s thinking there was no way my stress could get worse. A few brief days into the study my dear grandfather died & my husband became I’ll. In a matter of a few days we learned he had cancer. This study was just what I needed -the daily contact with my Facebook group (I call them my prayer warriors because they have stood with my daily praying for our family), scripture verses & lessons were so timely. Now here we are 12 weeks later, it has been rough with surgeries, hospital admissions & chemotherapy added to our daily lives but there is a peace because we know that God is in control. I am so thankful to have been a part of this study & learning to spend quiet time each day in the Lord & relying on Him to get us through instead of thinking I have to do everything myself. Looking forward to the next study.

23. The study has been so impactful on my life. I now recognize the stress and when it comes I redirect my attention and focus back on God and give him what I can not handle on my own. I am grateful that God brought this study into my life, because it has changed me from the inside out. I am so looking forward to the next study as well because God is doing such great things in my life. Thank you Proverbs 31 and Tracie Miles for everything you have done to bring us closer to God!

24. I am not the person I was when I first started this group. In fact i’m not even the same person as I was on Monday of this week. I have grown so much over this time and its all thanks to the wonderful study and the awesome leaders. This has been a life changer for me. I’m so looking forward to the next group. :-)

25. In my reading this morning, it was 2 Cor 12:1-10, and the devotion title was “Making Sense of the Pain”. A poem by Grant Tuller was included. It really spoke to me this morning so I thought I’d share. It reminds me that there will be good times & there will be stressful times, but as I trust in God, my Master weaver, my stressful times don’t have to stress me out as I remember there is purpose in the pain & He is creating a beautiful finished piece in me. I only see the here & now while He sees the whole picture and He weaves with the end design in mind. So I will not stay stuck in my circumstances and one particular “dark thread” or loose thread, I will fix my eyes on Jesus & let Him do his thing & trust it will be beautiful in His time. :-). Love to all, enjoyed OBS, looking forward to “In the gap” and “Saying Yes” with all of you. Here is the poem:
    My life is but a weaving between my God and me
    I do not choose the colors; He worketh steadily.
    Oft times He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride
    Forget He sees the upper-, and I the under-side.
    Not til the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly
    Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reasons why
    The dark threads are as needful in a skillful weaver’s hand
    As the threads of gold and silver, in the pattern he has planned.

26. Stephanie W says:

I too am sad to be at the end of this study, but it has been great as always!! 12 weeks ago I was super stressed over finances. I have learned to seek God’s word as it relates to my finances and I have been working a budget…telling my money where to go. That was huge!! Shifting my focus and spending more time in the Word :) Until the next study…thanks to all the leaders and the participants for your realness!! Praying for each of you.

• Karri (obs leader) says:

Stephanie,
      I know exactly where you are coming from! This study has helped me gain control over where my money goes and using scripture to back it, has made my confidence increase too. I love reading how the studies affect everyone, as each person gets different messages out of the readings and that is one thing I LOVE about this amazing ministry!
      Blessings my sweet sister in Christ,
      Karri

27. Twelve weeks ago I was very stressed and trying to handle this on my own. I was entering retirement, seeking senior housing and trying to make sense of being a victim of age discrimination at my job subsequently loosing it and collecting un employment. I have given my stress to God and I know I am not alone,,,,,,,,I have a much greater sense of peace, When I couldn’t participate because of financial reasons God provided a way from my OBS sisters. I turned 63 yesterdayGOD IS VERY KIND!!!!!!!

28. TABITHA JONES says:

This study has been amazing for me. Twelve weeks ago my thoughts were I will try this but I don’t know. Wow is all I can say. I have felt like a weight is off my shoulders. The past 2 weeks have been really trying for me but with this study I have really pulled through. I found out last week that my job is cutting my hours and then this morning I had to carry my car and get it looked at. Needless to say I have only one payment left on the car and the mechanic said the best thing I can do is sell it. I am not going to stress over this. My youngest son just turned 16 and my husband gave him his jeep so now he has got to have a way of going. My husband called me a few minutes ago and I told him I was not doing anything until we prayed about things and God will help us work this out. 12 weeks ago I would have been a basket case, but THANK THE LORD today I am calm and placing it all in his hands.
    I am leaving Sunday after church for vacation in the mountains and I will not let this ruin my vacation. I guess a positive way to look at this situation is tomorrow is my birthday and I will be getting me a different vechile for my birthday.
    I want to thank Melissa and the OBS team for following there hearts and leading us ladies in these bible studies. This is only my 3rd bible study and I have grown more in spirit than ever before.

• Karri (obs leader) says:

Tabitha,
      You are an inspiration to us all!! I have watched you grow and feel blessed that you were able to apply what you’ve learned as that is the goal of each study! I will keep you in my prayers and I am always here if you need anything!!!
      I’ll see you on the 28th and I hope you have an awesome vacation as you deserve it!!
      I love you!!
      Karri

29. Wonderful study. And thank you Melissa for a beautiful, personal closing..
    Blessings to you and. All in this OBS

30. Marie (Ree) says:

Over the past 12 weeks, since this Bible study began I have made small, steady, “intentionally focused” steps each day trying to keep my heart and mind set on The Lord!

I’ve “ intentionally” set my alarm to get up 30 minutes earlier so I can start my day praising, praying, studying God’s word and opening my heart and mind to hear his voice. I’m finally understanding what it means to be “transformed by the renewing of your mind.”

I’ve learned a great deal from the extensive study questions and verse mapping techniques that Melissa has so graciously shared with all of us. Reading posts and “intentionally” praying for each of you has taken my mind off “self” and placed it in a much better place where I thrive as a prayer warrior!

In following some of the suggestions I read in the numerous posts throughout this study, I’ve started writing bible verses that really speak to me on rolodex cards. I’ve alphabetized them by topic (peace, rest, salvation, strength, trust, wisdom…etc) I keep them on my desktop and refer to them often. I find it keeps me calm when the world around me is often chaotic.

I took the idea from Tracie Miles SLL book and personalized verses for Blessings Boxes for all the women in my family and my close friends. I believe I was just as blessed to give these away, as my Mom, Mother-in-law, each of my sweet sisters, nieces, and sisters-in-law were to receive them. I ”intentionally” added the SLL book as part of the gift to a close friend who works in the same industry with a competitor firm, knowing she will be blessed to read it as well!

I’ve had some unique “God Moments ” over the past 12 weeks. The merger of the company I have worked with for the past 25 years with a competitor resulted in a payroll change. The majority of the commissions generated on my former company’s platform were paid to me on trade date. The new merged company payout was not paid until settlement date. We do a large portion of our business in forward settlement month transactions, thus the merger and payroll change resulted in a 4 month lapse of literally NOT receiving a paycheck until the former trades all rolled off the books.

But, God is faithful…mine and my husband’s willingness to honor God with our finances, repaid us this year at the beginning of that 4 month lapse of income with an income tax return that was more than enough to carry us through the roll off period. We didn’t even have to dip into savings to meet any of our needs!

Another “God Moment” happened when I reached out to the Women’s Ministries Director at my church only to find that she was seeking someone to lead an OBS for our Church and that she is on the Board of Director’s with P31. She had tabled the idea for some time, because she was unable to take on the project. I’m hoping that my time invested at “She Speaks” this year will prepare me to help my Church carry out that project in some way.

And yet another “God Moment”…My husband and I were invited to an intimate Church Dinner last night at the home of one of our members . My husband has been out of town in Phoenix this week and I didn’t want to go alone. I’m rusty at Networking and wasn’t sure if I would know anyone there, (our Church has over 7000 members so it’s easy to get lost in the crowd and even an intimate setting can be a room filled with strangers). I was trying to talk myself out of going all day. There were storm warnings in the area…another good reason to stay home and hide in the closet! But this time, I “intentionally” prayed…”God, if there is a reason for me to be there, get me there!” And with that prayer, I went home, let the dog out, freshened up my make-up, set my GPS to the host’s address, got in the car and drove!

I was nervous and anxious! When I arrived, I found that my nerves were settled easily with a cool glass of iced tea! I met a few people as we mingled in the kitchen of this unbelievable beautiful home! (It’s always a blessing to experience God’s Grace up close and personal in other people’s lives!!) As I chatted with several people I finally met a young women who introduced herself as a “Speaker and Writer”… That was my GOD MOMENT! I could not hold back the tears! I knew right then and there I was supposed to be there! The more we chatted I learned that she had attended the “She Speaks” Conference in past years. She gave me some encouragement and a few tips and left me with the sweetest prayer for my journey ahead.

This study has opened my eyes to the omnipotence of God. I marvel in His amazing power and how His hands are “intentionally” involved in the circumstances of our everyday lives, molding us and leading the way…to those who will ask.

Lord,
    Help me to continue to take small, steady, “intentionally focused steps each day, keeping my heart and mind set on you.

• Janet F says:

Love your post, your God moments and all that you have experienced in this study. God is so good. I got a bunch of materials too to start making blessing boxes for friends for Christmas. I just think those are so awesome!! I have learned so many awesome things from this study!!! Praying for you Ree:)♥

• Very nice post that shows how God works in our lives. I totally understand the “fear of networking” thing. I’m glad He encouraged you to attend. It has been a life changing 12 week adventure.

• Karri (obs leader) says:

What a beautiful testimony of how God works!! Everything is on his time and he will carry us through!!!! (((HUGS)))

31. Renee D. says:

I can’t believe the study is over, but not really because I prayed that I continue to keep these wonderful ways to study the bible in action! So just a short twelve weeks ago when I started this OBS, I honestly felt lost and alone. I was so stressed that not only was I looking for a way out, I had seeked help from a counselor as well. I can say that it hasn’t been easy….to change my daily habits, etc. But it has been such a life changing experience! I thank you all here on the OBS, you have given me hope, made me feel like “somebody.” I pray for everyone involved to keep getting better in keeping a stress less life and continue to be blessed along this spiritual journey. I thank you Tracie Miles for writing this book and touching so many lives, to the Proverbs 31 ministry a HUGE thank you. I hope to be part of the next OBS as well. Thank you all, love and many prayers….Renee <3 :-)

32. When I started this study I had been in the ER and then had to have a stress test. Struggling with fear over my daughters next trip and possible semster abroad ,for a second time. The loss of my mother and then my 22 year old son’s death 2 months later to suicide 4 years ago has rocked my world leaving me with extreme fears for my other adult children. Panic and anxiety was extreme . I saw the invite to this study and ordered the book and signed up. I am not the same as I was 12 weeks ago either. Has my life changed you better ? You better believe it. My daughter went abroad and even before she left I was a new creation holding tightly to Jeremiah 29:11 for dear life, for not only my own life but my daughter and the other 2 of my kids. I feel as though I have been set free to enjoy my children’s lives knowing that God has good in store and not evil . I did not believe necessarily he had evil plans for me,us, it was that I did not believe good was part of what was headed our way. As I Skype with my daughter who is struggling to get a job where she is so she can continue her stay for the summer I am amazed , as before I would be saying you need to come home. Instead I am saying jeremiah 29:11 verse to her . I am encouraging her in ways that are so surprising to me and her! She even asked me “are you sure you haven’t lost it , haha? ” And I praise God that I can walk closer to the knowledge that he has plans not to harm us but to give us a future and a hope. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement as well as openness to share here. I have been blessed and received so much from this book and all of you! Although I am still having health issues and anxiety still rears its ugly head I hold tight and pray and head for my sun room to read the Word and verse map and seek his life giving strength and courage to live alive Not existence day to day. Thank God and may he bless each one of you. Till the next study be blessed in His future and hope for you. Liz

• You are amazing. And this study has done amazing things for you. I, too, had fears for one of my children, but have placed them at Gods feet and for his timing. I was listening to a Joyce Meyer podcast the other day and she said that part of Gods timing is our maturity. I truly believe my son has two issues to conquer…putting God into his daily life and becoming mature enough to find the job he was meant to have. In the meantime he works two minimum wage jobs to make ends meet. I am thankful he is healthy, living on his own, a good worker and a great son with a loving and kind heart. Sometimes we have to put things into perspective. I am so sorry for the losses you have endured and cannot even begin to understand what you have or still go through. My prayer for you is to live in Gods word, may His arms of love and peace surround you and encourage you to grow in faith. You are an inspiration. Love and Prayers.

• Thank you so much Sheila ! You brought tears to my eyes and a heart of gratitude for your willingness to lift me up in prayer. Our children can easily become idols and I see now how I have done that with my own. It was hard to accept that God’s will could be to allow my son to take his own life,but God has a perfect plan and I am trying to hold tightly to his plans of not to harm me and to give me a future and a hope . And I know this is all inclusive for my family! Thank you for prayers as truly God has used this ministry of love to do a new thing in me and all if us who have been in this study! I pray God blesses you and your son and family . Thanks so much! Liz

33. Twelve weeks went by awfully, quick, in some moments and seriously slow in others! Looking back at where I was at the beginning of April, I can see exactly how stressed I really was. As with so many of my fellow OBS friends, above, I thought that was just a normal way to live. How wrong I was! And Tracie Miles shared such practical strategies for getting ourselves out of that “stress habit”, that I found myself implementing one, then another, then another, to the point that my husband started asking me how I (the, ahem, more emotional one in this marriage) was remaining so calm during certain situations. That is ALL GOD! Praise Him! His timing is perfect. I wouldn’t have thought I would have had the time or desire to really dig in, if left to my own thinking – but that’s just like God, isn’t it? I love how the New Living Translation of Proverbs 16:9 puts it best: “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.”

Taking my spiritual vitamins is becoming so ingrained in my daily routine, that I’m finding that my inner situation is indicated an outward peace that was definitely much LESS present before this study.

I can NOT wait to see what happens as this woman prepares to say YES to God in the next study. And I’m so looking forward to sharing that journey with all of you!

Thank you Melissa Taylor and Lisa Kamp and the OBS Team! Thank you for all of the prayer and love that you put into this organization and this community. You’ve poured into us and I, for one, am filled to overflowing. And I couldn’t feel more blessed by the Ministry. Truly!

• Janet F says:

Proverbs 16:9 is so right one isn’t it. We think we are so in control making our plans and then the Lord who determines our steps takes us on different route. I picked up my oldest grandsugar from camp today, 2 1/2 hours away. Even though I can get there without a GPS, I set it anyway in case I was daydreaming and missed a turn. I thought on the way there, I wish I could set a GPS everyday to walk my determined steps that the Lord has for me so I never strayed off the right path or take a path that I think is best. WOW that would be so cool to always be walking in HIS perfect will for my life. Look forward to reading your posts on the next OBS Missy!!♥

• Love you, sweet sister in Christ. I am always encouraged by your posts.

34. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much to the leaders of this study and the commitment they make to reaching out to women around the world with God’s truth. I dont’ go to church bible study and yet I need to be encouraged and in God’s word. I am going to take a break due to taking a college class but I will be back in a future study because this has meant so much to me. God bless!

35. Thank you so much for this study. I have learned so much. Can’t wait for the next one :)

36. Phyllis Nichols Gutierrez says:

Thank you Melissa Taylor and all of the OBS leaders. I started out this journey with locked jaws, headaches and a great deal of heart burn and the accompanying heartache from it all.
    I will be honest and say that I have not completely conquered my stress, but I am in such a better place, especially spiritually. God is getting me through everything that I am dealing with in my life. I start out with God and end my day with God and his word. Throughout the day we are in constant conversation.
    My problem, is that I am still such a Martha. Will continue to seek God’s guidance and direction with this area of my life.
    We are all living in some state of stress at one time or the other. Giving it to God and he will guide and direct my life. He has been with me these last couple of years and has carried me through some tough times. I am learning that I need to let him carry and walk with me all the time and trust that his plans for my life are so much better than anything I could ever imagine.
    Thank you again for being such a blessing and such a wonderful woman of God.
    Have a blessed evening.

37. I always feel like I’m posting a day late. Love all of you. Thanks Melissa for writing your book and thanks to all the P31 team. Also, thanks to those behind the scenes people who work to make it happen. The office staff, those who answer phones, clean your offices, run errands….you know, the people who make it all work. Everyone working as a team is what makes it all come together. I’ve come a long way. Love learned so much, and have been so greatly Blessed by Him. During this time….
    My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and completed surgery and radiation and so far everything looks good.
    My work situation improved when The Lord intervened to put me in a position where I will be teaching employees, implementing a new employee orientation program and lots of other good stuff at work.
    There were several people in my life who were struggling with the unexpected death of loved ones and I was able to write notes to them with words of encouragement.
    I am at a place in my life that I never thought possible. Peace. Happiness. Strength in The Word. Closeness to God. Loving sisters at OBS with whom I can share anything. And have my first Bible. Thank you all.

38. Martha F. says:

Thank you Melissa & the OBS ladies for making this a great study….I have grown a lot in the way I am able to handle my stressful situations! I turn to God more & am able to recall quotes & scriptures used in Tracie’s book. Thanks also to Tracie for writing such a great book. I loved my small group 42 & all the encouragement I felt there too. God bless you! Looking forward to the next study!

39. Katrina Wylie says:

I didn’t think to ask until now, but is there someone I need to give my mailing info to Melissa, or does P31 already have what’s needed on file?

40. Karri (obs leader) says:

Wow! I can not believe we are finished with this study….12 weeks ago, I was in a horrible, depressed funk and now, through God’s word, this study and all the wonderful ladies involved, I am living each day differently. I will be referring back to this book a lot as I always get more out of each book the second time around. I have had a great,wonderful, amazing group of women who I have truly connected with. I can’t wait for the next study and will continue to cover our ministry in prayer!! Thank you all for everything each of you have contributed to MTOBS!!
    I love all my sisters in Christ!!
    Karri