Jul 4

Wow. God. Is. Amazing.

Question: Want to know where you can gather with friends from 105 different countries to study the Bible?

Answer: Right here at Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies!

Me: Say what?

Me Again: Wow. God. Is. Amazing.

I just checked the Online Bible Study sign ups to see where you all are from. When I saw the number of countries, I thought for sure there must be some mistake.

105

P31OBS 105 Countries Y2G

The word is really getting out about our little Bible study group for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. Isn’t this so exciting to think that we can be a part of something that brings this many women together all in the name of Jesus?

A lot of people who are new to OBS (Online Bible Studies) wonder how an online study can really work.  I wondered how it would work, too, at first. I thought for sure it would seem impersonal and lonely. That turned out to be so far from the truth.

When you log on to our Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study, you are not just doing a study. You become a part of something special. A trusted community. A loving family. A place where you belong and you get to be yourself. And, oh yeah, let’s not forget the best part~ you gain hope, faith, and confidence through God’s Word and the love & prayers of His people. Lifelong friends from around the world have met through Proverbs 31 OBS.

And to any of you who are here for the first time or thinking about maybe signing up–Just do it :)  We would LOVE for you to join us here! God has been doing great and amazing works through these studies, so why not go ahead and give it a try? Just say “Yes” and join us for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God! Click here to learn more about the study and to sign up.

To help some of our newer ladies out, how about those of you who have been with us a while, share in the comment section today how OBS has worked for you, and why it works for you. And new ladies, if you have any questions about P31 OBS, our next study, or whatever, just ask. You can leave your questions in the comment section and someone here will answer it for you.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Love,

Melissa <3

Want to win a copy of What Happens When Women Say Yes to God for our next study? We will be having MANY opportunities for you to do just that during the weeks leading up to the study. Just keep checking my blog for details (or sign up to receive my blog emails, just below my picture in the right column).

My friend and co-leader of the next study, Nicki Koziarz, is giving away 3 Yes to God Prize Packages and it’s super easy to enter. Click here to visit her blog to get details. Winners announced next Monday so you still have time! You must visit her blog to enter this particular contest.

Comments

1. Christine Ann says:

Hi, Hoping it is not too late to leave a comment.. Being a part of the various OBS at Proverbs31 has been transforming for me over these last 18 months. It all began with A Confident Heart by Renee Swope and continued through Unglued by Lisa Terkeurst, Greater by stephen Furtick, Psalms 53-69 Study- Trusting God for a Better Tomorrow with Wendy Pope and now catching up with Psalms 1-41 study through the summer months, and not least the deeply transforming Stressed-less Living by Tracie Miles OBS with wonderful, cheerful Melissa and friends.. Now ready to take on When Women Say Yes to God, the book is purchased and I am signed up.. I have given myself the further challenge to start up a blog, so that I can join in the blog hop days and feel more connected..
    A year ago I felt strongly that I needed to become skilled in the use of God’s Word in the Bible. My first step was to speak to my Pastor at church, he suggested Bible school training, which would entail a lot of money and being away from home every month, a big commitment.. I waited on this in prayer and then a massive family upheavel occured and I knew for certain that was not the way to go. THANKFULLY.. I have gained so much skill and insight from all of the OBS, with renewed self examination/reflection and application to real life situations that I realise God was using all of this to shape and change my life and become better equipped to use the Word of God in writing and in the women’s pastoral work in my church.
    I would whole heartedly encourage any woman out there who is thinking about joining an OBS , especially this next one, to jump in and enjoy the journey. It is life transforming and who knows where it will lead you….

2. Melanie F says:

This will be my second OBS class – the first being with Wendy Blight – Quiet My Anxious Heart. I learned so much with Wendy and can’t wait for this one. I have received my autographed book – then I also downloaded an e-book version so I am covered! I have also looked at the OBS archives and think, I will review the Unglued study since I have the e-book while waiting. Melissa – I can’t wait for this new one!!

3. Yes, God is amazing Melissa! Look what He did with your Yes. Can’t wait for the study!!

4. I have never done this before, so not quite sure how it all works. I guess I’ll learn as things move forward and fumble around some. What is the best way to get the most out of this format….it’s not like a small group to share ideas, see body language or have one on one followup for stupid questions (I know, I know…there is no such thing as a stupid question….but that’s not the point is it..the point is being vulnerable with someone you have had eye contact with and get that gut feel for, not a whole big group of folks you don’t know)

5. Vanessa says:

Online bible study has made a huge difference in my life. It’s where we can be real with each other and learn from each other. We are all in this race of life together so why not lean on each other and jump on board!!

Love
    Vanessa

6. Diane Nelson says:

what time is the bible study?

• Hey Diane–the way I understand it (and it may be wrong since I’ve never done this before, is you can log on anytime..and read/post/reply…not sure though. If you figure it out, let me know!!

7. Lee Roberts says:

I was involved in their Stressed -Less Living bible study. I really liked doing it more than my other bible studies because we really dig deeper into the bible and I can do it if I have to go somewhere or change where I am it works out so well with my lifestyle. I really am applying what I learned from it too. I am going through a lot of personal stuff that normally I would be so stressed out about it but I have learned to turn it over to God.

8. I shared your picture with an invitation to join me for the online bible study on facebook and pinterest! I’m super excited, hoping to get some other beautiful ladies excited too!

9. Roberta says:

I posted on Facebook about our upcoming OBS and I attached the link and in the wee hours of the morning and I am excited to say that one of my girlfriends has already signed up to do this study with me. Hooray!!! I also love my autographed copy of the book. Thanks Melissa and Nicki. I can not wait to get started interacting with all of you beautiful ladies from around the world.

10. Excited to begin this Study and hoping my friend Terry Oliver will also join.

11. deborah dean says:

I can’t thank OBS enough I have gone through and going through a difficult seaso. In my life. I feel sometimes I am hanging by by fingernails. I was unemployed bills atacking up. Did and struggle with classes on-line really doubt my abilities. Discontent and unhappy in my marriage, that a blow of a straw could break it. I have to consistently have an attitude check and renew my hope and mind in God. OBS helps me do this…. I thank God for all of you for your prayers and encouragement.
    DDean

12. Beth O'Dell says:

***I posted the picture “Want to do a Bible Study with me?” on my personal Instagram, facebook @Beth Allen Odell and invited Crystal Butterfield, Natalie Lowe, Gisela Daniel, Pam Ries, Pam Roach, Mary McKee, Mary Allen, Debbie Fleming, Debbie West, Aimee McMullen, Ashley Hornback, Jana McDonald, Stacey Bailey, Carrie Farrell, Stephanie Edwards, Michelle Turner and Melissa Blair

13. Ann Marie Ruble says:

I am a member of this study and am so excited. I signed up and was so excited and signed up right away when you first let everyone know about the OBS on Facebook. The two ways to join in on the Heart to Heart Connection Yes God Calls are: 1.) Be on the Live Call or 2. Listen to the recorded calls or MP3 on your own time. The special guests will be: Samantha Reed Evilsizer, Lysa TerKeurst, and Mandisa.