Jul 11

Tell Us About You :)

Hey all you Yes Girls!

For the past few days, I’ve been telling you all about the many facets of P31 OBS. There’s still more to tell, but for now let’s take a break from that.

I want to hear from you!

Who are you?

Where are you from?

Have you done P31 OBS before or is this your first study?

Why did you sign up for this OBS?

Will you be doing the Real Life, Heart to Heart Connection Calls? (we just added a new element~ weekly personal calls from your Bible study leaders just to check up, encourage, and pray for you! This is in addition to the 3 calls with a message and guest)

I can’t wait to read through all the posts and find out about you. :)

We have 3 winners from our last contest!

Liz Bryner, email beginning pugb27
Stela, email beginning hizstelar
Tanisha G., email beginning tanisha_grant

You have won a Mandisa CD, Unglued book by Lysa TerKeurst, and the new P31 Devotion book (which will be sent to you in September when it is released.)  Congratulations ladies! Send your mailing address to Angie, our lovely OBS Executive Assistant at Angie@Proverbs31.org.

And wait, there’s more! (haha just like an infomercial!)  We will randomly select 5 winners from the comments posted to this blog post. When you leave your comment in the comment section today, you are entered to win our OBS book, What Happens When Women Say Yes to God!

***We have many ladies who would like to participate, but can’t afford a book. If you are willing to donate a book, please call the Proverbs 31 office, 877-731-4663 and connect to resources.

Comments

1. My name is Mary Davidson. I’m a wife and mother of three from Riverside, CA. This is my third or fourth time participating with OBS. Joining this time was less about the book (I’ve read it already and totally love it) and more about the community and accountability. I love the sweet relationships formed in the small groups and I look forward to reconnecting after skipping the last study. Praying for some wonderful blessings this time around as well.

2. Hi everyone! My name is Beth and I am from Knoxville, Tennessee. This is the first on line bible study I have done and I’m really excited. I’m 54 and have been married to my sweet husband Ben for 28 years, we have two children Mac 26 and Morgan 24 and also a wonderful daughter in law Beverly. Due to my crazy work schedule I can’t always do the bible study at my church so this is going to be awesome. I am not participating in the call at this time as I’m trying to get this all figured out. I have received my book and I’m trying to be good and not just start reading bit I really can’t wait! I know this will be such a blessing and I really feel that I am at a point in my life that I am trying to listen and say yes in different areas and also looking forward becoming a stronger Christian and woman of faith. Blessings as we all step forward!

• Hi, my name is Emma I’m 56 years old. This is my second on line bible study. I’m getting ready to get my book and I’m very excited to find out what God has for me.

• Beth I know. My book keeps calling to me. I love these studies!

3. Hi Everyone!

My name is Karen and I live in a little town called Thomaston, CT. I am the mother of 4 awesome kids, 18, 15, 5 and 4! 3 boys and 1 girl. My husband and I have been married for 18 years and run a business together. I often find myself struggling to juggle kids, business, household and husband! I have had an on again, off again relationship with God and I am eager to develop a deeper relationship with Him. I just got back from attending the Creation Festival in PA with my sister in law and my 2 teenage boys. It was an awesome experience and the first step in re-connecting with my faith.

I am truly looking forward to this online bible study!

4. Hello everyone! My name is Patti and live in Newburgh Indiana. I am a single parent with 2 children and 9 grandchildren. I am 67 years old and have been retired for 5 years. Love my retirement life! I already have the book for this online study and am excited to go thru it with you all. I am looking forward to seeing what God does for us.

Patti

5. Lynn Bradshaw says:

Hey Melissa! I’m Lynn, wife,mom,grandmama and hospice nurse from Rocky Mount, NC. I’ve done several of your studies but have been following P31 daily devotions for years. I love OBS because they are “my individual study” and even if I can’t keep up every day I get it done and learn so much. Thanks for being there and praying for each of us as we continue to follow our Lords teachings. Lets get started!!

6. Lynn Bradshaw says:

Hey , lynn again. I just left a message but have no idea where that mans picture came from!!! Don’t know him and have never seen him!! Sorry Melissa and all, don’t understand that picture!!! It may show up again and I need to get rid of it!! Help!!

7. Annette Guidry says:

Hi! I am Annette. I am 60 and married to a wonderful husband. We have 4 children and 12 grandchildren ! This is my 1st online study. I am looking forward to studying with you guys. I love to study the word!!!

8. Sara Neisen says:

Hello, My name is Sara. I have two teenagers. A daughter who is 15 and a son who turned 14 today! I am the social chair for our small church in our small town of no traffic lights. I felt God tugging at me to do a Bible Study but I kept saying, “It’s summer, no one will be interested or they are too busy.” Then I saw this option and thought, “OK, Lord, I hear you!!” I just sent out emails and put it in the bulletin knowing that God knew who would be able to attend and if it’s only one, then that is just fine. I know of 8 women who have said they are coming! We start a little earlier than the on line time-Wed. July 24-and some I will print off the on line for them, but I am excited to start. I am also nervous, so please pray for me, this was the holding back part, last time I led a Bible Study, years ago, Satan decided to test my marriage. But Satan is NOT in control here!!! So as CeCe Winnas says, “Get Outta My House!!” Thank you for this great opportunity. I am anxious to see what God has in store for us women at Denver, Iowa Baptist Church. Blessings-Sara

9. I’m Sherri from Alabama.
    Married with 20, 22 and 26 year old sons.
    This will be my third OBS. OBS is another means to be accountable to studying God’ s word. I have formed some precious sister – in -Christ friendships!!

10. Ronda Lier says:

I am a stay at home Mom with a 12 year old (going into 7th grade) and an 8 year old (going to 3rd grade). I have been married for 18 years to my fabulous husband. We live in Cedar Point, NC on the Crystal Coast! This is my first online bible study. I have been praying for God to lead me in the direction He intends for me to go. After reading a Lysa TerKeurst blog/email, I felt I should do this study. Can’t wait to learn more and continue my journey.

11. Susan Dever says:

Hi Melissa, my name is Susan Dever and I live in Northern California (what would be considered the “Bay Area”). I am a mother and grandmother (and my daughters and at least one of my granddaughters are also enrolled to do this Bible Study (God is so good)!! I’m here because I love the Proverbs 1 ministry and I can certainly use all of God’s Word that I can get. I lost my beloved husband a few years ago and I find that I need God’s presence in my life more than ever. It can be very lonely much of the time but I know that my Lord is here with me.

12. Sharon Endsley says:

Hi my name is Sharon and I am from a small town in Sterling. This is my first time doing an online study. The title of the book caught my attention and I wanted to read it and join the study. I am looking forward to what I will learn from this study as well as all of you.

13. Debbie Atchley says:

My name is Debbie. I’m 57, a mother of 2 girls, and a grandmother of a beautiful 2 year old boy. I’ve been married for 33 years to my best friend. I’ve been unable to find bible study locally, so when I saw this study online I thought I would try it. I love the accountability a bible study encourages.

14. Jamie B. says:

Hello my name is Jamie I am 25 years old. I just moved from West Virginia to Florida. I have completed two bible studies from this group before. I noticed in a previous email there were a lot of women who would like to participate but are unable to afford the book, I ordered mine off of amazon which helped me out financially. I hope this helps someone else. I am determined to complete this study as I became really behind in the previous one and was unable to complete it.

15. Hi. I live in a relatively small town in North Carolina. This is my first online bible study. I came to P31 in a roundabout way and I am excited about what God has for me through this ministry. It has already been a blessing not only to me but to friends I have shared some of the daily blogs with. I have signed up for the calls too, and i look forward to sharing the bible study with all of you.

16. Deb Stiffler says:

Hi! My name is Deb Stiffler. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. I am an Associate Professor at the Indiana University School of Nursing. This is my first online Bible study and I am really looking forward to it. I saw a post on Facebook from Proverbs 31 ministry and thought I would like to try it. I look forward to growing in my relationship with Jesus during the times we spend together.

17. Hi everyone! My name is Holly. I live in a small town outside of San Antonio, Texas. I stumbled upon P31 on Facebook and noticed that a new bible study was beginning relatively soon. This is actually the first online bible study I have ever participated in. I am looking forward to sharing this experience, learning and growing, with women from all over the world.

18. Hi everyone–my name is Sue. I live in Whitehall, Michigan. It is a small town located on White Lake which is an inland lake right off from Lake Michigan. I don’t live right on the water. We are just a short drive from White Lake, and about 10 minute drive to Lake Michigan. We are totally surrounded by beauty everyday. I am a Sales Director with Mary Kay. I have been married to the love of my life, Tony, for 24 years. We have three children and are expecting our first grandchild any day. This is my first online Bible study. I love being surrounded by Godly women and really hope to learn and grow from this experience.

19. Heather Miller says:

Hello everyone, my name is Heather. I am from East Tawas, MI & am really excited to do this Study. I signed up for one once before & was not able to finish. I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and I believe God has been making changes in me ever since. I want to make sure I say “Yes” to Him in everything and not miss any of the blessings He has in store for me. I believe I have missed out on a lot due to not listening or hearing Him previously. I have been given another chance at life & to become closer to Him and I want it… ALL! God Bless & looking forward to this study.

20. Hi, my name is Cori Cervantes. I live in Thornton,Colorado. I have been married for 16 years this month! We have a 12 year old son,Jude. I work full time as a hospice CNA and unit secretary and I find it very difficult to pull away from my guys when I can just be home with them. This will be my first bible study ever and I am excited to have the convenience of early morning meetings and not needing to leave the house. It will be challenging for me to stay on task but I know in my heart the Lord wants me to learn more and fellowship more as well.

21. Michelle Romero says:

Hi my name is Michelle, mother of two grown children and a grand daughter that’s ten and another one on the way. Blessed beyond measure to have come across this. First time to try out an online Bible study but really looking forward to it.
    I am recently and I have Lupus so this study will be easier than trying to commit to a study group that meets on a regular basis away from home.

22. Janet Kramer says:

My name is Janet Kramer and I am 50 years old, single and live in Fremont, Ohio. I am doing a bible study at my church Grace Community Church. We are studying Priscilla Shirer book Gideon which I am really enjoying. This is my first time doing an online bible study so I am trying to figure everything out and won’t be participating in the call portion this round. I work at Terra Community College as the Registrar Assistant. It is a very rewarding job when you make friends with some of the students and they become your friends and come back to visit you after they graduate.

23. Patricia Jaworowski says:

Hi there! I’m Patti from Grand Rapids (area) of Michigan. I’m 47 years old and married to the love of my life. We have four children, all out of the house, and 1 grandson who is the apple of his Nana’s eye! I’ve never done an online Bible study but was too anxious to re-connect to wait for our ladies studies at church in the fall. I lost my mother 7 months ago and through the tragedy, pain and sorrow, I reconnected to Jesus and am anxious to learn and grow in whatever way I can. I also joined the phone calls as well as possibly getting into a small group on Facebook. You could say I’m “hungry for the Lord”. :) Looking forward to this experience!!

24. Hi, This is my first online Bilbe Study. I am a military spouse of 21 years and have two boys. My oldest is 13 and the youngest recently turned 11. We just moved from Nebraska to Maryland. I signed up for this study to help me stay connected in God’s word during this time of transition. It takes awhile for me to get into a new groove. I often retreat into myself for a little while after a move and I don’t want that down time away from His word.

25. Hi! My name is Carol. I live in West Virginia. This will be my 5th Book Study with Melissa. I like doing them here because there is no pressure if you get busy and fall behind. You can always catch up. Love the pins that you can pin. Looking forward to getting into this new study!! Hope will be blessed through this ministry! God Bless you all!!

26. Carolyn says:

Hi, I’m Carolyn from Stuart, Florida. This is my first online Bible study. I am married with 2 boys 10 and 8 years old. I work nights as a NICU nurse. I am looking forward to this study but a bit nervous too with it being my first online study and I have to figure out how it is all done. I want to be a woman that says yes to God, to His glory, each and every day and that is why I look forward to this study

27. Annette says:

Hello, My name is Annette and I’m from Albany, New York. I’ve never done an online bible study before but am looking forward to it. I want to stay in God’s word throughout the summer and there just didn’t seem to be any available small groups at our church that were “calling me”. I like that I will be able to get into it when it is convenient for me. I plan on doing the online calls also. I need the accountability. I want to say YES when God is calling. I’ve already taken a peek at the first chapter and can’t wait to start. I have been married for 11 years and have a 14 year old step son.

28. Hi everyone. My name is Elaine and I live in PA with my wonderful husband. I have 5 grown children; 41, 37, 36, 34 and 32, and am do the mother thing again – as I am raising my 4 yr old grandson. This will be my 3rd OBS. I have received my book and cannot wait to get started.

29. Vanessa Ross says:

Hello all. My name is Vanessa and I currently live in near West Chester Ohio and praying that the good Lord will send me Charleston SC in the future. I have one beautiful daughter and son-n-law. I am a grandmom of 2 beautiful girls soon to be five and 1 years old. I am a U S Army veteran but did not retire. I am new to OBS.

30. Sarah Travis says:

My name is Sarah Travis. I am from Scotland, but moved to the US in November 2012 to get married. Jason and I met through a volunteer missions program in TN in 2011. I am new to OBS and excited to get involved and learn what ways the Lord would have me say YES!!!

31. Jen Blakley says:

Hi there! My name is Jen Blakley! I am a 34 year old mother of 3 amazing children. Maria(11), Alex(10), and Lily(9months). I live in King George Virginia and attend Lifepoint Church in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Pastor Daniel Floyd is my pastor!
    I was not looking for an OBS…but I was looking for some answers from God about some things. My favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11. So much so that I have it tattooed on my arm. When I “happened” on to your page it was the first thing I saw. As I read further everything I was reading was how I have been feeling….so here I am! I am truly excited to get started! I am sure God will use this to speak to me in multiple ways!!!!

32. Julie Waggoner says:

Hi, my name is Julie Waggoner. I live in South Charleston, West Virginia. I am 54 years young. My husband and I have 3 grown children – all married and living in Virginia. Our oldest is a daughter and has given us a precious granddaughter (2 yr) and is expecting another girl the first of August. I like the flexibility of the online Bible study and have never done one before. I will be out of commission though for the first part due to helping my daughter but will try to keep up. Presently, I’m reading on my own, A Confident Heart – thoroughly enjoying that! Looking forward to more learning and becoming a confident, yes woman!!

33. Jeri Schettler says:

Hi,
    I’m Jeri, I live in Southwest Minnesota. I’m 55 years old. My first husband passed away almost 7 years ago. I recently re-married a great man (been married one year) I have 2 children of my own both married and have 3 grandchildren. My husband has 7 children and together we will have 22 grandchildren in the next few months.
    I’ve never done an OBS with others. I’ve done some on my own I’m looking forward to the interactions with others. I really do not have a peer group where I live now so having a bible study with others is difficult. Looking forward to this study and what God will be teaching me!

34. Kirstin says:

Hello! My name is Kirstin and I live in Kansas City. I did the last OBS, Stressed-Less Living, and really enjoyed it – so I’m back for another round! I quickly fell behind schedule last time, but I kept plugging along at my own pace and following on the blog and I just finished the study yesterday. I’m hoping that with a shorter study I’ll be able to stay on schedule and participate more via the comments. OBS is perfect for me because I have a very full schedule – I am a CPA who works full-time and I’m in a night school program to earn my MBA (currently doing summer school). I’m also married. I struggle with “Martha” tendencies, trying to make everything perfect and do it all myself! Last night I added the “One Thing” pin image (from Luke 10:41-42) to my weekly planner and I love it already!! It’s a very apt reminder sitting there next to my to-do list. :-) I have heard Lysa interviewed on the radio and am really looking forward to doing one of her studies.

• Hi…I am Sherri and I live in Indianapolis IN. My husband Kelly and I have four grown children and ten grandchildren . We have attended our neighborhood church for the past twenty years . This is my 3rd OBS and I am excited and hopeful about being a part of it. I hope to do a better job of keeping up with it. I really enjoyed sharing on the posts and reading what others shared. I was especially blesses when we a shared prayer requests and praises on Sat. The ONS leaders were great ….they really reached out to all…and we’re such a blessing.

35. Hi there. I am Monica and a Mom to 3 wonderful boys. They are Dominick, 12, Izeah, 7 and Zaydyn 4. I am married to my best friend and love of my life Chris;)
    I am a stay at home mom. My husband is currently in massage therapy school and graduates in September!! He also works part time detailing cars.
    We live in Spokane Valley, Washington.
    I have done several bible studies through my church and love connecting and the time spent together talking about God and his word.
    I am looking foward to this bible study;)

36. Karlene Bonnett says:

I too am from Riverside, Ca. I am a wife of 23 yrs to my husband Mark, and a grandma of 2, that is where my email address comes. I have 20 tattoos and like I said 2 grandchildren ages 18 and 9, I became a grandma the very first time in 1995. This is my very first time doing a Proverbs 31 OBS and I am looking forward to it. I enjoy reading the various books of the girls and the daily devotions delivered to my email every day. And looking forward to joining in on the blog post and telephone, and meeting new Christine ladies. I am new at OBS so I am not to sure how it works, especially the blog stuff. Can someone help?

37. Hi! My name is Jodi and this is the first time that I have done am online Bible Study. I’m from Pulaski, NY and am a 46 yr old single lady. There is a special guy in my life, but we are being obedient to the Lord and are not dating at the moment as we are waiting for Him to show us His will for our lives. I am also currently on Disability as I had a partial shoulder replacement on May 7th. I am currently finishing up ” What Happens When Women Walk In Faith”. I am excited to begin this new chapter in my life as I fell away from the Lord and only the past year and a half, since I met my special guy, have I found my way back and begun to grow again, with my guys total support and encouragement.

38. Hello Ladies, my name is Rosa E Rangel and I live in a small town called La Feria, TX. I am a mother of 3 awesome kids, 2 boys, one married with a beautiful young ladie and a baby grandson and a beautiful daughter. My husband and I have been married for 23 yrs. This is my second study. It will be challenging for me to stay on task but I will try my best. Blessings to everybody.

39. My name is Sue. I live in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. I am 35 and a first time mom of a beautiful nine month old baby girl. This will be my first OBS. It’s difficult for me to be able to get out and join a Bible Study right now, because my little one ties me to home right now. Also, I find that a lot of group/ministires ‘shut down’ for the summer and this makes it difficult to connect. This is a wonderful opportunity for me to be able to connect and hear God without having to ‘be’ anywhere. Really looking forward to begining this study with everyone.

40. I have shared this great opportunity on all of my social media outlets – FB, Twitter, Google, Pinterest, FB Fan page – I can’t wait to get started. I will be following on Twitter too! I’m excited.

Elizabeth T, Early Rise

41. Ruby Stump says:

Hi my name is Ruby Stump. I am a wife, mother to 4 and grandmother to 5. I so love these online bible studies but I don’t recall joining any kind of fb group before. This will be my third obs and to be totally honest, I usually let life get in the way and I get behind. I am so looking forward to this one cuz I will have accountability as I did join the fb group. So excited! I am sending a link to my daughters and daughter-in-laws to join in as well. I can’t wait to be completely and totally immersed in this OBS and to finally be able to say YES to God!

42. Brenda L Bennett says:

Hi my name is Brenda,
    I am from the Fingerlakes area of New York. I work for Cornell University. I have a daughter who is 22 years and finished her BA and will continue for her Masters in Library Science. I have not tried an online bible study and I am very excited. I received my book in the mail this week. I am already reading and studying. I hope to gain a ton of information and many new friends for support. :-)

43. Hi, my name is Kathie. I’m 38 yrs old, have been married to a wonderful man for 15 years. We have 3 great kids 13, 11 and 8 (boy, girl, boy). We live in the willamette Valley part of Oregon. This will be my first OLB study. I have had a hard time connecting with people at my church and in my community, so I thought I’d try to branch out with this study. Looking forward to it! Thx :)

44. Hello! My name is Peggy. I’m 48 years old and a single mom to 4 wonderful children ages 20, 17, 13 & 9. We live in Hillsboro, MO a small town about 30 miles south of St. Louis, MO. This is my first on-line bible study and I can hardly wait. I am anxious to meet/make new friends during this study. My schedule doesn’t allow me to participate in the women’s bible study at my church, so I figured this would be a great way to get my study time in!

45. Christina says:

Hello everyone! I’m Christina. I am 22 years old. I live in Mississippi but from Alabama. I have been married a year, will be 2 in October. I have a daughter that just turned 6 yesterday! :( I wish she would stop growing. I will be having another baby girl in September. I had my daughter at the ago of 16, which challenged me to have a better relationship with Christ. I want my daughter to be raised with Christian values. This is my first OBS, and I actually just stumbled across it. I have been looking for something like this for a while. I am extremely excited for what God has in store for me.

46. Wendi Ballard says:

My name is Wendi. I will be 33 August 29th. My husband and I have been married almost 7 years now. We have 4 little girls- 5,4,almost 3, and 6 months. I work part-time with Special Ed. Students at an elementary school and am a mom. My husband was installed as Senior Pastor of our church here in Oroville, CA last August. I have never done an OBS before. We currently do not have a Women’s Study leader and I was very excited to see this opportunity.

47. My name is Lora & I currently reside in Twentynine Palms, CA. I am Mom to 5 kids ranging from almost 2-17, wife of almost 10 years to an amazing man, & doggie momma to 2. We are a Navy family currently serving Marines (my husband is a Chaplain). This is my 2nd study, I believe. I signed up for this study because of the several themes that God has been repeatedly bringing into my life lately, this is one of them. So I’d like to learn what He has to show me. :)

48. My name is Monica. I’m from northern Indiana. This is my second OBS. The first one I participated in was Let.It.Go. I really enjoy the OBS and I can’t wait for this one to start! I have been in a “rough patch” in regard to my walk with God and some other things going on in my life. I realize I need to say YES to Him more and less to the world around me. I think this study is just what I need to kick me in the caboose. :)