Jul 11

Tell Us About You :)

Hey all you Yes Girls!

For the past few days, I’ve been telling you all about the many facets of P31 OBS. There’s still more to tell, but for now let’s take a break from that.

I want to hear from you!

Who are you?

Where are you from?

Have you done P31 OBS before or is this your first study?

Why did you sign up for this OBS?

Will you be doing the Real Life, Heart to Heart Connection Calls? (we just added a new element~ weekly personal calls from your Bible study leaders just to check up, encourage, and pray for you! This is in addition to the 3 calls with a message and guest)

I can’t wait to read through all the posts and find out about you. :)

We have 3 winners from our last contest!

Liz Bryner, email beginning pugb27
Stela, email beginning hizstelar
Tanisha G., email beginning tanisha_grant

You have won a Mandisa CD, Unglued book by Lysa TerKeurst, and the new P31 Devotion book (which will be sent to you in September when it is released.)  Congratulations ladies! Send your mailing address to Angie, our lovely OBS Executive Assistant at Angie@Proverbs31.org.

And wait, there’s more! (haha just like an infomercial!)  We will randomly select 5 winners from the comments posted to this blog post. When you leave your comment in the comment section today, you are entered to win our OBS book, What Happens When Women Say Yes to God!

***We have many ladies who would like to participate, but can’t afford a book. If you are willing to donate a book, please call the Proverbs 31 office, 877-731-4663 and connect to resources.

Comments

1. Hi, my name is Wendy and I am from Central Illinois. I signed up for the last OBS and loved it, but did not participate in the online portion as much as I wanted to. As a first time mom with a one-year old with special needs and a full-time job, I have been struggling to not only find balance with work and family, but also with my time in the Word. The last OBS was a great opportunity for me to pray about where God wants me to be…….still seeking that answer/path, but continuing to have faith that no matter what I am where I am supposed to be today and with God’s help, I will figure out my purposes in life.

• Karri(OBS Leader) says:

I am so glad that you are back with us, Wendy! You are at the right place to find wisdom and to help your faith grow! (((HUGS)))
      Karri

2. Judy Manuel says:

Hello, my name is Judy and I live in Eunice, Louisiana. I have never done an online Bible study and I am looking forward to doing this one. I participate in a weekly small group Bible study with about six other women and love our group . We are taking a break for the summer and I find I need a study to keep myself going so I thought I would give this a try. I may try a Facebook group, just trying to get my feet wet!

• Janet F says:

Welcome Judy, you are going to love this OBS!!! SO glad you joined us for the summer!!!

3. Hey everyone! I’m Jen. I’m from Statesville, NC. I’ve been doing these OBS since Wendy Blight’s, Hidden Joy. I’ve been married for 13 years and we have three children, two boys and a girl :) I am a professional photographer and have had my own business for about 5 years now. I’m also an occasional blogger and pursuing book writing and speaking! I am very much looking forward to this study and to getting to know you guys!

Many blessings to you all and Melissa, as well as all the behind the scenes folks, thank you so much for all you have done and continue to do to make this possible!

• Karri(OBS Leader) says:

Hi Jen!
      That is also when I started this study and I still refer back to that book a lot! I am so thankful you are here with us! Real People doing Life together!
      Karri

4. Tami Sepke says:

Hi girls! My name is Tami Sepke, and I’m from Hamburg PA. This is my 1st online study,and I’m excited for it to begin. My husband and I have been married for 15 years, and we will have a teenage daughter next week and a 9 year old son. We feel like we are in limbo right now, as my husband is losing his job and things from a worldly perspective are not looking good, but God has never failed us and we know he won’t now (although we do wish he’d share a clue every now and then!)
    I work at my son’s school during school year (it’s a great mission field!). So right now we are savoring our summer, we were blessed by friends who let us have a vacation at the shore at their beach home, we go to the pool, read, play games. I am a volunteer and small group ministry leader at our local teen center, and we are involved in our church’s bible school. It’s great to “meet” all of you, God Bless! :)

5. Amy goodwin says:

My name is Amy Goodwin, and I am from North Carolina. I married and have three kids, 17, 10, and 3. Two girls and a boy. I am currently working prn as a nurse and spending the other days with my kids. I have never done an online bible study class before. Thought I would try it to see what it is all about.

• Janet F says:

Welcome Amy, so glad you are saying Yes to God and joining this study!! :)

• Karri(OBS Leader) says:

Welcome Amy! You are going to love this entire ministry!! We are so blessed to have you with us!
        Karri

• Elizabeth Cole says:

Hi, Amy. I noticed your comment in particular because I live in an area of North Carolina where there are lots of Goodwins. In fact, my next door neighbor is a Goodwin. This is my first online Bible Study as well. We’ll learn a lot together, I’m sure. God bless you as you spend time in the Word.

6. -April Romero says:

Hi I am -April Romero and this will be my third study. I’ve enjoyed the others but life got in the way of my completing the last one. I am excited about this new study!!!! I highly recommend the Facebook groups.

7. Hi, My name Is Giselle I am 32 years old. I am from Ontario Canada. I am new to P31 OBS. I am married and have 2 children 1.5 & 4 years old. I am an Autism Consultant for a non profit organization, and I enjoy spending time with my family or quilting.
    I have found myself having trouble getting back into a relationship with the Lord and I have found Lysa’s books to be very motivating so I hope this Bible Study will get me back where I need to be.

I am very excited, Thank you!

8. Traci LaVernway says:

My name is Traci LaVernway and I live in Lawrenceville Ga! I have been married 19 years and have a 17 year old daughter and 15 year old son. I work for the Presbyterian Churches of America Retirement and Benefits. This is the first online study I have been a part of and look forward to it! The title of the book says it all and I so enjoy Lisa’s posts on FB. Book shipped today! Woo hoo! :)

• Janet F says:

Welcome Traci to this study, I am in awe of how many new ladies are joining us for this study. God is good!!! I know you will be blessed!!! :)

9. Hi, I am from Oregon. My husband and I have been married 17 years this Saturday, we have 3 boys. I haven’t done an online Bible study before, but was trying to do a daily Bible reading online for a while. It seems like God was sending me back to this study because when I first saw it I thought, “Oh that is cool” then a few days later I found myself searching and searching for it on my Facebook page so I could sign up. I have been praying that I would hear God’s voice AND follow what He says to do (sometimes the follow through is the hard part). I think sometimes I follow up with it too late and His timing is missed. Trying to get better at recognizing God’s directions and following through right away. Thanks for putting this study together!

10. Samantha says:

Hi everyone! My name is Samantha. I’m from Ohio. I’m a Christian, a wife to a wonderful man, and mother to four amazing children, 2 girls 2 boys 7-18. If that weren’t enough I’m also employed full time as a sales rep for a local cell phone company. I’ve never done an online Bible study before, but did take some college courses online and loved the flexibility of it. I’m very excites that I found this study! My mom and some other ladies from my church did this study about a year ago. I wasn’t able to join them and was on the waiting list to borrow the materials and do the study on my own…then I found this and was ecstatic! I want to do this study because I think it will help me to find my place/job in the church as well as help me to KNOW when it’s God talking to me and not just wishful thinking. I look forward to taking this journey with all of you!

• Janet F says:

So excited to have you joining us Samantha,you will love the flexibility of this also!! Be Blessed ♥

11. Hello All, My name is Linda Turner and I have taken a few online classes w/ P31 and have learned so very much. I am 63 & retired from Healthcare ( Health Care Administration ). One daughter ( Megan ) who passed away in 2006. Divorced in 1994 so it’s just me. Attend a Church of God in St. Louis, MO and volunteer with the House of Manna and assist with classes for people interested in learning / joining our church. I too like the face book groups. Looking forward to getting to know you and thank you for the wonderful opportunities you provide for women. Blessings.

12. Kimberly says:

Hi ladies,
    My name is Kimberly I live in Oregon. I’m married and have 2 girls. This is my first time doing an online bible study. I am very excited to participate and see what God has in store for me. I had walked away from him and his teachings, but recently went through a rough year with learning of my husband’s affair. If I had not asked God for forgiveness and back into my life I would not be where I am today. I really want to decern his voice and learn how to live a Godly life.

• Nikki B. says:

Hi Kimberly, what part of Oregon? I live in Oregon as well. :) Welcome to your first OBS. You’ll love it!

• Janet F says:

Welcome Kimberly!!! SO glad you chose to Say Yes to God and join this study :)

13. Hi everyone!
    My name is Nova from Seattle WA. The past 2.5 years I got married (after 2 months of dating) and had a baby 3 months later. I feel life stages change so fast and find myself having a hard time transitioning with the changing roles. During those times, the hardness of life reveals a lot of my heart struggles. The main one would be selfishness and I like to rebel against God and have bitterness towards the plan He seems to be leading me. However, He gives me the faith to continually trust Him and His plan and recently He shows me of how my obedience led me to be married to my husband who is a wonderful man of God. There are times my faith wavers but I know even when I dont understand what God is doing now, it will be beautiful in the end if I obey Him because I have tasted the fruit of obedience many times before. This is my first time joining an online bible study and I cant wait to learn together with all of you!

14. Nikki B. says:

Hi, my name is Nikki, and this is my 4th P31 OBS. I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon (south of Salem, north of Eugene). I have had Lysa’s book, What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, for some time now, thinking I’d just read through it someday, until I learned by flipping through the pages that a Bible study was included in the book… and well, with having schoolwork daily, I had to put it on the back burner. Now only 2 1/2 weeks away from being done with school, I am excited and looking forward to doing this OBS. I love the convenience of doing OBS and have connected with a FB Small Group and have met some wonderful ladies that I am blessed to call friends and sisters.

15. Hello, my name is Bethany. I am from Juneau, Alaska. I decided to do this study because I enjoy group studies and the ability to be mentored by other Christian women!

16. Hi ladies. I’m Kristi McCarthy. I’m married (for 12 years) to Chris McCarthy. We have two little girls, Meghan (10) and Kathleen (9). We live in Rainbow City, Alabama. I’m a high school math teacher and have been for 26 years (yikes). I have never done an online bible study. I thought I would give it a try because I like the flexibility of studying online. I’m looking forward to growing spiritually and to taking a closer walk with Jesus Christ. I also can’t wait to get to know all of you. Thanks.

17. Nora Holmes says:

Hi All,
    My name is Nora and I live in Lakeville, CT. I am married with 2 children, a son aged 22 and a daughter aged 13. I had signed up for a bible study in the spring, but did not follow it well. I am a gardener and suddenly there weren’t enough hours in a day during the spring season. I really want to learn to Say Yes to God – at all times of my life, even when life gets busy. I want to learn to discern God’s voice over all of the other thoughts running around me. I am looking forward to being a part of a group study.

18. Hi now following u on Instagram curious need a little more info about the small group on fb how does it work???

• Karri(OBS Leader) says:

Leah,
      For Small groups, just sign up for the study and email Lisa Kramp for that. We will be excited to have you among us! (((HUGS)))

19. Hi Everyone: I have had this book for awhile and am excited to be in this Bible Study. Not my first online study. I have found the more you get involved with a group and the on line calls, the more you grow in the Word!

Blessings
    Frances

20. Terri Hall says:

Hi! My name is Terri and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have one husband :), and two grown sons who are both in the military. My eldest is a Chaplain in the Reserves and my youngest is a Green Beret (so proud…and scared!). I also have a wonderful daughter in law, a beautiful granddaughter and two dogs who rule the roost. I am a Human Resources manager at a defense contractor.

I have never participated in a bible study and am looking forward to the experience!

God Bless!

21. Hello my name is sara and this is my first time doing a online Bible study. I have two daughters and am very busy, trying to be a mom that can lead them to becoming Godly strong young ladies. I have ordered the book for young ladies for my 16 year old daughter. I hope not only this help us Spirtually but bring us closer. Looking forward to this OBS. Hopefully i can figure out how to work the computer too. Lol….SARA

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

Hi Sara,
      Welcome to OBS! I also have 2 daughters so I understand that. I am praying for God to speak to both of you as your faith is strengthened and that you both continue to seek Jesus first and always. We are so glad you are here.

22. Hi girlfriends, my name is Sharon. This will be my third OBS with Melissa. I’m rooted in Burton, MI. I am a mother of two girls. This year two major events happened in our family – my first born Kelly had her own first-born Analise Nichol and my second-born Haylee was married to a wonderful man in June, so I became a grandmother (Nana) and a mother-in-law. Looking forward to studying together.

23. Hello,
    I am Kim Hansen and I reside in Westerville Ohio. I have been married for 8yrs and have 4 girls. (we are a blended family) My oldest has made us grandparents 3 times, we have 2 other girls that are 17 (13 days apart) and headed off to college. Our youngest is 7yr. I am a runner, Personal Trainer and a fitness nut. I volunteer as a head coach for Girls On the Run of Franklin County (Girls on the Run International) and I also mentor and help out with Run For God through Church of the Messiah. I read P31 devotionals with my husband (we just started doing this) I have read books like Made to Crave, Unglugged and am currently reading Ms Understood. I am doing the online books study because I want to grow deeper into the word. I also know this is what God wants me to do. I dont have the best past and I have been in dark places at times but nothing as dark as I experienced for 4 months and it has caused a HUGE strain on my marriage. To the point my husband is ‘indifferent’ and does not know if he wants to continue with me. I pray daily for him and for myself to remain stronge through is hurt and anger towards me. I know that God has a blessing in all of this for us and I believe me saying YES to God is where I need to be right now. I am saying YES to him now by remaining strong and walking along with him and not the devil and I want to continue to say YES and pray that my husband sees all the positive still in our marriage.

• Karri(OBS Leader) says:

Kim,
      Awesome for saying “YES to God!!” We are a huge family here and I promise, we will be praying for you and here for you the entire journey!!
      (((HUGS)))

24. Priscilla says:

Hi, I’m Priscilla from San Diego. I’m married with one daughter, age 5, and I’m a nursery/kindergarten teacher to 3-6.5 year olds. This is my first study with P31 OBS–I’m looking forward to learning how to better hear God’s voice over my own (for mine can be a bit louder sometimes!), and how to truly become a woman who says Yes to Him.

25. Who are you?
    I am wife, mother to three and daughter to an elderly father whom I take care of.
    I work part-time as a journalist.

Where are you from?
    Originally from Michigan, now Florida.

Have you done P31 OBS before or is this your first study?
    This is my second one.

Why did you sign up for this OBS?
    I love the studies and the fellowship with others as I live in a rural area.

Will you be doing the Real Life, Heart to Heart Connection Calls?
    No they are not in the budget at this time.
    M. Waters

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

Hi Melissa,
      Nice to meet you. The studies and fellowships are so awesome. Praying that maybe a way will be provided for the heart to heart connections. They are so amazing and personal and God-breathed.

26. Sherri Pentecost says:

Hello —
    My name is Sherri Pentecost, and I live in Missouri. My husband and I have been married for 22 years and are both teachers/coaches in the public school system. We have two children — one a junior in college and one a junior in high school, both of which are athletes. We are all very involved in our church and are so thankful for the Christian relationships we have been blessed with.

I have done many bible studies in the past…but never an online study. I AM SO EXCITED! I’m also thrilled that several of my family is joining me on this new adventure.

27. My name is Erika, I am from New Mexico. I have 2 beautiful daughters and I work part time as a nurse practitioner. I have never done an OBS however I am really looking forward to this one!!

28. Hi, my name is Violet and I live in Swansboro NC…..on the coast; beautiful place! I am married to my high school sweetheart. Our 37th anniversary is next week! We have 3 grown children (Tim, Curtis & Jennifer) one daughter-in-law (Ganise) and five wonderful grand children (Elijah, Teinity, Caleb, Alleyna & Hana). While I have participated in several Bible studies, this is my first on line Bible study. I had recently signed up to receive the daily devotionals from Proverbs 31 Ministeies and saw the invite there. Due to helping to care for aging parents I haven’t been able to attend my usual local Bible study. Really looking forward to this particular study!
    Blessings,
    Violet

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

Hi Violet,
      I went to ECU so I know where Swansboro is 😉 WELCOME TO OBS SISTER. You are going to love it. My advice to you is not to get overwhelmed because this will be like no online study you have ever seen. It is amazing. What you put in is what you will get. God is moving in OBS and it is so exciting. Welcome and so glad you are here. Are you also in a small Facebook group?

29. Hi..I am Beth. I live in northwestern Indiana on a farm with my husband of nearly 37 years–anniversary on August 7! We have two married adult daughters, two fantastic sons-in-law, and one adorable, yet a little ornery, 3 1/2 year old grandson with another grandson expected to arrive around August 12. After teaching in the public schools for 33 years, I finally ‘graduated to college’ and have been full time faculty for the last 7 years at a nearby campus of one of largest community college systems in the country. I love what I do, I love my life, but even though my faith is strong, I still need to make God part of my daily routine, and I haven’t been.

This will be yet another OBS for me. I did Made to Crave, A Confident Heart, and just finished Stressed Less Living. There were a couple others that I started but I drifted and didn’t finish.

Ironically I purchased the book for this study some time ago, started reading it, then moved on to something else. I re-read the first chapter and realized that I really need to read this and study right now. Timing is perfect for me.

Now my problem…..I need accountability. I need someone to keep me focused. I have that problem with focus—I drift too easily. I lost nearly 50 pounds on WW eight years ago, then when my friend and I each left teaching at the high school at the same time, I started to eat again, stopped going to meetings, and before I knew it, the weight (and more) returned. I just can’t do it myself. The same thing happens with me on the OBS. I have tried the FB groups three different times and either did not feel comfortable or was not gaining what I needed to keep me going. I can’t participate in the calls because of timing issues. I have asked my sister, several friends, neighbors, and ladies from church to join me, but each of them has either other projects, other Bible study groups, or no time to focus on an additional adventure. I have tried to make myself get up early in the mornng, sit in my sunroom, and really read, study, and pray, then something will happen to disrupt the routine, and I am off track once again. I actually think I have adult onset ADD at times! At other times I think the devil is trying to keep me off track, and he is succeeding!

I will commit to this study. I will try my hardest to stay focused. But I am praying that someone will appear to be my ‘study buddy’ so that I can reap even more from what I need to grow as a woman of faith.

• Karri(OBS Leader) says:

I will be your study buddy!!! God’s timing is always right. It is how we choose to respond. I admire your honesty and will be praying for you!!

30. Hi, I’m Lisa I live in West Chester, PA. I have done P31 studies before. I took the summer off from my other online study and decided to do this one because the bod interested me and the the timing was right

31. Hi Everyone! My name is Chrissy and I am from Northwest Ohio. I have done 3 online bible studies so far. I signed up because I am at a very busy time in my life and the online format is better for me than committing to going to a bible study meeting each week. I feel like I need to know more about God and what it means to say YES! I have taken steps to deepen my relationship with Him but want to keep learning and growing! Looking forward to this :)

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

Hi Chrissy,
      Welcome back to OBS…we all need to learn to say Yes to God. I am praying our relationships are deepened and we seek Him more than ever. Thanks for sharing and it is wonderful to mee you.

32. Hi, my name is Robyn and I live in Anchorage, Alaska. This will be my second study and I’m very excited about it. The stressed-less living study was life changing for me and I want to continue what God started in that one.

33. Happy Day Girls!

I’m Sabina and live in Colorado, married with two daughters (one entering 4th year at CU and my baby starting classes at a local university).

I have not done a OBS before, my marriage is in crisis mode and I have been trying to dedicate some time to my husband which means my bible study small group has suffered. To top if off my daughters moved out into college dorms last week and we are now empty nesters….eeks!

I’m in major transition mode in my relationships i.e. Jesus, husband, daughters and looking to transition my career to become self employed….so ensuring i’m staying in His word and listening to His plans is important to me. Thanks for putting this together, I look forward to being in community with you all.

• Karri(OBS Leader) says:

Sabina,
      Welcome!! You have a made an awesome move by joining P31 OBS!!
      Your situation sounds so much like mine it is scary! But, you are doing the right thing by placing God first. I will be praying for you and am here for you if you ever want to talk! (((HUGS)))

34. Kimberly says:

Hi! My name is Kimberly and this is the first time I have done OBS with P31. I am very excited. I have been following P31 ministries for many years and am so blessed with all that you do.

I am married, mother of 5 sons (2 grown and 3 under age 11), very involved in childrens ministry at my church and a secretary.

• Kimberly says:

Sorry….my post was cut short!

I live in Arizona, previously from Junction City, Oregon and Southern CA before that. I am presently in a very stressful season in my life and joined the study to find encouragement in the LORD and in fellow believers.

35. Hi! My name is Sara. I’m 33. I’m from CA currently living in MO. I am an AG world missionary working with Convoy of Hope. I just got back from Tanzania. I was there for three months helping launch our feeding program and women’s empowerment programs. Africa is my heart. I hope to spend many more months and years there!

This is my first time doing an online study with Pr31. I chose to do an online study because I’m out of the country so much which makes it hard for me to physically attend a group. I have been doing personal studies and devouring books by Beth Moore, Kelly Minter, Priscilla Shirer, Angie Smith, and Lysa TerKeurst for the past two years. My spiritual life has changed so much!

My struggle lies in that my choosing to be obedient to the call of God on my life has led me to leave my family, friends, and the comforts of home. I have 10 nieces and nephews that I am not around to watch grow up or influence or even spoil ha. I haven’t made any friends where I live now. Mostly because of my schedule. I don’t regret for a second the choice I’ve made to follow Jesus. I do get lonely sometimes, though. Knowing that there are people that 1) understand my situation or 2) are praying for me would really encourage me.

Unfortunately, I can’t participate in the calls at this time.

I’m on twitter @essjaydubb and facebook http://www.facebook.com/mylifeofnamaste

Looking forward to all that God has for us this summer!

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

Welcome Sara,
      We are so glad to have you here. I am 31 almost 32 so I am your age. I would love to hear about your trip in Tanzania. Do you have a blog? Wow, it is so inpsiring to hear you obeying God. He never said we would be comfortable. Sister, we are praying. I am praying for friendship with Christian women in the area, peace, guidance, wisdom, and discernment. You are going to love these studies. OBS is an online community of supporting Jesus Sisters. It will leave you overwhelmed by God’s Love. He is working. It is such a pleasure to meet you. Are you also going to be in a small Facebook group?

• Thank you, Kristy!

I do have a blog. It’s http://jimneyscricket.blogspot.com/.

How do I join a small group? I “liked” the facebook page but not sure how to join a small group.

Thank you for the prayers and support already! I just know that God is going to far exceed my expectations for this study.

36. Kim Frost says:

I am a working woman who lost her church and have not found a new one to connect with. I am taking the bible study because I need some study and it sounds good. I would love to be entered in to win a book because it will be hard for me to afford a book. I am a single parent without any support.

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

Hi Kim,
      Welcome to OBS, Kim. I am praying for God to move in your life and for God to lead you to a church. We are so glad you are here.

37. Hi, my name is Kris and I’m from Eaton, Colorado. I am a mother of two, a daughter 19 and a son 14. I have never participated in an online bible study before but am ready to try new things. I can relate to the woman at the well, having expected my relationships with men to fulfill my heart & soul. Now, I’ve given everything to Jesus and am experiencing His power and love in my life.

38. Hannah Lecha says:

My name is Hannah Lecha. I come from a town called Maun (The gateaway to the Famous Okavango Delta) in Botswana, Southern Africa. I have been married for 15 years now. I have three children; one son (Kago – 19) and two daughters; Boipelo (11) and Ogona (5).

This is the first time I have participated in an Online Bible Study. I feel that my spiritual development is stagnant at my local church. I need more interactive bible studies to groom and strengthen me spiritually, but we don’t have the resources in Botswana. So when I came through this OBS in the internet, I did not think twice about joining the study. However, because of the distance (and cost) factor, I did not manage to purchase the hard copy book used in this study. I only managed to buy a PDF version of the book in an online book store from South Africa. Unfortunately I am experiencing difficulties in printing part of the E-book. I am still hopeful that one day I will be able to purchase the hard copy version of the book.

I am interested in participating in the Real Life Heart to Heart Connections. However, I haven’t paid the sign up fees yet because I don’t know if I will be able to participate in the calls due to the time difference between Botswana and USA. Otherwise I would love to join…

39. My name is Ashley and I am from a small town in Kentucky. I have never done an on-line bible study before, so this will be my first and I am so excited. I have 2 awesome kids, a newborn and a pre-schooler. I signed up for this study to intentionally grow closer to God and have some accountability in my time with Him.

40. Dena Lambert says:

Hi my name is Dena and I’m from a small town in Jessieville, AR. My husband and I will have been married for 12 years this September and we do not have children, just 2 nephews that we love dearly and have become “adopted parents” to numerous kids at church and in the community. I am 32 years old and gave my heart to Christ when I was 9! I have been active in my church my entire life. This is my first online bible study and I signed up for it because I felt God leading me in this direction to study his word more and learn more about him. I am so excited to begin this study and see what God has in store for me! I have a close church family and several close Godly friends, but this is a new experience for me to share with ladies across the world in bible study and I’m ready to get started along side you lovely ladies!

41. Elizabeth Cole says:

Hello. My name is Elizabeth Cole. I’m one of the seniors in the crowd, a retired math teacher, mother of 2 wonderful daughters and grandmother of three. I joined the Bible study because I have been very impressed by the depth of biblical insight I find in Lysa Terkeurst’s books. God touches my life through her work. I am really thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of this study.

42. Elaine Key says:

I know I’m a day late but I thought I would tell you about myself anyway. My name is Elaine Key and originally I am from Jasper, Alabama; but I have lived in Tennessee for the past 9 years. My husband and I celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary July 9th. We have one son, Bryan, who recently got engaged to his girlfriend of 7 years. They also live in Tennessee. I taught school in Alabama for 25 years before retiring. Then I was a Legal Assistant for 11 months. Although that job was interesting, it was not for me. Then my husband and I moved to middle Tennessee. We have lived in Tennessee for nine years. After moving to Tennessee, I worked in a Christian day care center for seven years and loved it; but when the new pastor appointed a new director, I lost my job. Now I am totally retired.

This is my first online Bible Study. I have been taking Bible Studies at my church. Last fall we went through Lysa TerKeurst’s, Unglued. That’s how I found out about Proverbs 31 Ministries. I signed up to receive e-mails from Proverbs 31 and I found out about this Bible Study when I read my e-mail. During the summer, my church doesn’t offer any extra Bible Studies and that’s one reason I signed up. Another reason is I just finished reading Lysa’s book, Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl, and I thought this study would go along with that study. I’m looking forward to this online study.

43. Tonia Vachal says:

Hi, my name is Tonia Vachal and I am from Watertown, South Dakota. I have never taken an online Bible study before, but am looking forward to it! I have been in studies before , but not lately and feel the need to participate once again.

44. I am Cathy from Plano, TX. I’m the mother to 15 and 12 year old daughters, and have been married for 19 years to the best guy in the world. I was born and raised within the same 7 mile radius, and Dad still owns the house I came home to when I was born. I have been posting a daily blessing on Facebook for the past 3 years, and it really helps me keep my eyes on the positive things in our lives.

This is my first OBS. The past few years have thrown us several curve balls. First, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Nov 2011, and finished treatments and reconstruction in Nov 2012. We were finally getting our equilibrium back, when my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and brain cancer (June of this year). He started his treatments in July, and I thought it was a good idea to find a positive reminder that God is in control right now, and I need to focus on His will right now!

45. My name is Linnea.I had my 63rd birthday on June 27th. I talked to you for a minute before one of the conference calls.I live in North Adams Massachusetts( on the border of Massachusetts and New York)I was born here and have lived my whole life here.I taught for many years and took care of my mother after my father died.The last 13 years of my working career were spent working in the local public library.I have survived breast cancer twice.Two years ago I lost my job because of age discrimination. The first study I did helped me to realize I didn’t become “unglued”and they had to pay me unemployment. As of June 27th I am officially retired. These studies have been a godsend to me.

46. My name is Tara:) I live in North Pole, AK. I have never done a p31 OBS before and I’m really excited to be joining this one. I have read several books by the ladies of P31 and am really looking forward to digging into this one.

47. My name is Mary J. I can be refered as Lady J from Virginia. I am going 61in Aug 12th.I read the my bible very often and it keep stable.
    I recently brought the book “What Happen When Women Say YES To God”and I am looking forward to the upcoming bible study. Through all the ups and down of our marriage. I can’t begin to tell you of all the loniness and hurt and pain I endure over many year, and it has been many. I became injured on my job twice and the company has not been fair in their dealing and it has put a lot of pressure and stress it has cause me and health.But I still give God all the Praise because of Jesus has truly given me Grace and Mercy. I have six adult children and five I must say, beautiful grandchildren I am very very thankful for having Jesus as my Savior or I would have lost my mind. My husband needs much deliverance that only Jesus can deliver. Thank you for your website that I can conect with. May Our Lord and Savior Jesus bless your mnistry to reach other as you have done for me. God has given me a ministry to discern hurting people who cross my path to pray and to encourage. It hurt to see people losing hope as I have been down that road. So I know how God has help when I felt I had no where to turn. I have learn to look,pray,fasted and Trust. Thank You.

48. Hi, my name is Peggy. I was hoping to join this study, the brief write up caught my eye and tugged my heart. However we live on meager funds and couldn’t pay the price of the book. Somehow, though God found a way for me to get this book, so I of course, have joined the study! I’m not new to online studies, but I am new to THIS groups studies.

I’m so blessed to be here!!!

49. My name is Esther. Have been a nurse at the same hospital for 35 years. Live in Gordonsville, Va. with my husband of 23 years, no kids. Have never done an only line Bible study before. Looking forward to expanded my Christian family beyond my wonderful church family! Downloaded the book about 6 months ago but just haven’t read it yet. This will make me read it!

50. Jasmine McAleavey says:

My name is jasmine and this will be my first OBS. I listen to KLOVE and hear Lysa Terkeurst talk about mom things and I relate because I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old. I am from a very small town in western NY near Rochester. I wanna know more and more about Gods word and his plan for me. I don’t have much time to spend in the word because I also work full time so I thought this would be a good way to learn more and force myself to spend the time. I am excited and my aunt has joined too!