Jul 12

Facebook it, Pin it, Instagram it, Tweet it Up!

If you love social media like we do, then we invite you to interact with us in the great big world of cyber space!  P31OBS can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and most recently Instagram. You can view all of these on your computer or smart phone. There is a free app on your phone for all of them as well.

Ginny Blankenship is our awesome Social Media Coordinator. She and her team work hard to make sure you can have the best experience possible on our Online Bible Studies social media sites.

Facebook @MelissaTaylorsOnlineBibleStudies

OBS Facebook page 1OBS Facebook Page 2

Our Facebook home page                                                                                                                                    Sample of Facebook posts

On our OBS Facebook page you will find loads of inspiration, encouragement, pictures, verses, and fun that you can join in the conversation or share on your own personal Facebook page. Our community on Facebook is almost 25,000! The P31 OBS team and I are often found chatting it up on our Facebook page and would love for you to join us! We even have a few Facebook Parties during each study where you get the opportunity to “meet up” at a certain time and date and we spend an hour together sharing life! It’s sooooo fun!  Our Real Life Connections Group (Conference Call Gals) also meet up here during each call to share insight and thoughts as the call takes place. View our Facebook page here. Join community and “Like” us today!

Twitter @P31OBS, @MelissaRTaylor

OBS Twitter page

Our Twitter home page

At P31OBS, we LOVE Twitter and many of the ladies on our team have Twitter accounts. Twitter is not like Facebook. Where Facebook gives you the opportunity to post and share at length, Twitter is short and sweet. Each “tweet” (post) is only allowed to be 140 characters long. On Twitter, I connect with my friends at Proverbs 31 Ministries, OBS, my pastor and my church, my kids, and my interests such as news, sports, entertainment, and Christian teachers and speakers from around the world. (You know like Beth Moore, Lysa TerKeurst, and Andy Stanley.) View our Twitter profile page here. Follow us on Twitter today! You can also view my personal tweets in the left column of this blog in the Live Twitter Feed.

Pinterest @Proverbs31OBS, @melissartaylor

OBS Pinterest Page Our Pinterest home page

Pinterest is a one stop shop for ideas on EVERYTHING! And yes, I do mean everything. On our Pinterest page, we share beautifully designed scriptures from the study, quotes from the books we are studying, recipes, activities, and more. And we love it when you view our pins and  “pin it” to your own Pinterest page or share it on FB, Twitter, or Instagram. Visit our Pinterest page here. Follow us on Pinterest and begin pinning OBS today!

Instagram @P31OBS, @melissartaylor

OBS Instagram

Our Instagram home page

Instagram is all about pictures. Supposedly a picture speaks a thousand words. If so, Instagram is filled with stories of real hope for real life. I’ll be honest. When I first joined Instagram it was because of my kids. My kids are 20, 18, 16, and 12. They love Instagram and share snapshots of their lives there. Of course I joined, I didn’t want to be left out of family fun! Seriously though, Instagram is the “in thing” right now and if it’s important to you to stay current, then get an Instagram. For me it is important. I want to be able to connect with all generations. View our Instagram here. Follow us on Instagram today!

I hope you’ve enjoyed our little social media tour today. If you happen to follow or like us on any of these, please let us know! Mention it in the comment section below and Facebook us, tweet us, pin us, or instagram us! If you do, you will be entered to win a What Happens When Women Say Yes to God book and a personal phone call from your OBS leaders for this study, me and Nicki Koziarz! Wow, we can connect off-line!

I know social media can be overwhelming for some, but if you have a healthy balance and love for connecting in other places, I hope you’ll join us! It’s the way us folks who don’t live in the same communities can bump into each other somewhere besides our home base. (Kind of like running into a co-worker at the grocery store! Which I’ve done and found very exciting! We hugged like we never see each other~haha!) Let us know

If you’d like to share your social media handles with us, feel free. (You don’t have to, but if you want some awesome OBS followers, then please share!

Post all comments in the comment section of my blog. Just click the word “comments” at the bottom of the post. If you receive this via email, do not reply to this to leave a comment.

*****Out of respect, please don’t follow my kids on any social media site. I wish I didn’t have to say this, but I’ve found it’s necessary. They don’t want all “mom’s friends” following and commenting on their stuff. Thanks!  <3

Winners from yesterday’s post are:

Laina, email beginning screwsk

Malinda, email beginning Pappys.girl

Johnijane Peckinpaugh, email beginning Johnijane

Amy, thespringsindiana

Lindsay, email beginning lfirzlaff

Y’all email Angie, Angie@proverbs31.org with your mailing address and we will get your prize in the mail! Congrats!

Comments

1. I follow y’all on twitter, pintrest, fb and instagram and love love love it!! Vchyllo

2. Stephanie W says:

I follow on Facebook! I’m new to pinterest, but next time I log in I’ll add you there too!!

3. Twitter – @emersonpal
    Pinterest – Chandra Hadfield
    Instagram – chandra820

4. Dorothy L.Palmer says:

Hi! I have liked you all on Facebook;Now following on tweet;pinerest and now on instagram! Can’t wait until the sudy starts. God,blessing to you all!

• Kelley Worley says:

So excited to have you as well!! I love these studies. This will be my 4th one!! I have learned so much and gained many wonderful friends. Blessings to you!! – Kelley Worley – OBS Prayer Warrior Blog Team

5. forgot FB – Chandra Hadfield

I follow y’all everywhere! LOL

6. Dena Lambert says:

I’m following on Instagram and Facebook

7. I follow on Facebook and Pinterest (jcstormy).

8. Martha F. says:

I follow on Facebook & Pinterest!
    Love P31! :-)

9. I’m following you on twitter as @zlolitaa liked you on facebook and following on instagram!! :)

10. Facebook: Erin Peters
    Instagram: ecpeters
    Pinterest: Erin Peters

11. Janet F P31 OBS Prayer Warrior says:

Follow on Pinterest, FB and Twitter

12. I’m following on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
    Love being connected!

13. I love social media :) I follow on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
    Twitter @MPABeth
    Pinterest – Beth Anderson
    Instagram – elizabethranderson

14. I follow on Facebook and Pinterest. I love it!!!!

15. Donna G says:

I follow on Twitter and Pinterest. I added Facebook and Instagram today!!
    Twitter: @dgreene1009
    Pinterest: dgreene1009
    Instagram: bubbasgirl1107

• Barbara Prince (OBS Small Group Leader) says:

Donna,OBS is both spiritual enriching, but also fun! I’m glad that you are following and participating with women from around the world as we grow closer to our Father.
      Love and prayers!

16. I follow on Facebook and Pinterest

17. So excited about the upcoming OBS!! following you on FB, Pinterest @kteeone & Instagram !

18. Jasmine McAleavey says:

I liked the page on FB…I don’t use the other medians.

• Barbara Prince (OBS Small Group Leader) says:

Welcome Hilda, Tammy, and Jasmine! No matter which resources you use, they will be a blessing to you and you will be a blessing to your sister in OBS.
      Blessings!

19. Kelley Worley says:

I follow Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. OBS P31 Prayer Warrior Blog Team

20. Charlotte (OBS Small Group Leader) says:

I follow at all of the above!!

Twitter: @charlye_maree
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sissielynn/
    Facebook: Charlotte Oliver

21. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest

22. I’m not too big on social media, though I do have a Facebook account to keep up with family and friends, particularly pictures. I am going to like you on Facebook tonight! I’m so excited about this study. I have been in many many Bible studies over the years, as both teacher and student, including a couple online. But I have never done an OBS with Proverbs 31 and am so excited to begin! I am going to sign up for the conference calls as well; I am so looking forward to learning great things from The Lord and sharing and learning with all of you.

• Barbara Prince (OBS Small Group Leader) says:

Oh Deb, you are in for a wonderful experience. OBS is a great community of women. Each of us bring our life experiences, our knowledge, our questions, our hopes and our dreams. Together we are growing in faith and confidence. I am so happy you have chosen to join us her!

• So thankful that you decided to join us and praying you will be blessed and drawn closer to Jesus in your time here! Cannot wait to hear from you!

23. jackie s says:

Your summary of the social media resources was great. I am 51 years old and the term “social media” didn’t even exist in any form for most of my life:)
    Winning a chat would be great – I have the book, but what an awesome way to win a book for someone else.

So…how do you even get on Instagram? This is the one that i have NO clue about. Actually, I also don’t know how to get on or access Twitter either. Anyone with help?

• Barbara Prince (OBS Small Group Leader) says:

Jackie S. so very happy to have you as a part of OBS. I had to have lots of help with the social media also. I’ve try to find someone to help you out with that.
      You are going to love doing these OBS. You really are a part of a world wide community of believers here.

24. The accessibility here… it is awesome! Thank you Lord for providing such outlets for us to reach out to each other and be encouraged through P31 OBS. I’m also relieved that for those uncomfortable on social media, they can have it delivered straight to their email inboxes.

I follow on FB, Twitter, & Pinterest as Missindeedy.

25. Denise (Prayer Warrior Team) says:

I’m a facebook person the interaction we have in group 3 was amazing. And each day I am gaining more and more friends who in need of the same thing, to know God, find support within each other. Totally amazing, and to see the study grow as big as it is. God is good and He has a plan for all of us no matter which media we are following.

26. Annabella Nickel says:

Just signed up for the study What Happens When Women Say Yes to God starting July 28th

27. I follow on facebook and pinterest!

28. Peggy Garrett says:

instagram= stylepeg
    Twitter= @pegs8712
    pinterest = peg8712

29. Peggy Garrett says:

if nothing else this will teach me more about social media interactions! 😉 I am very excited for our study to start. This will be my first. I sign
    signed up last night for the calls. I enjoy all the pre interaction because I can get comfortable with the social media and how we will be interacting. So thank you

30. Elsa Zukowski says:

I tried to find the app…will you let us know what the name of it is please? I am also using facebook, and hoping to get into a small group. :)

31. Jo Robles says:

I am following you on Facebook. I look forward to the Bible study starting in Aug. it will be my first one with ya’ll. See ya later!

32. Vanessa Ross says:

I have received an email regarding Melissa Taylor’s online bible study. I am excited to see how the Lord will speak and challenge me during this time. I am unfamiliar to blogging.

in Christ name

Vanessa

33. I can and do follow you on facebook and twitter. Love all the inspiring and uplifting posts, they always seem to hit the spot.

34. Dana Cowen says:

I want to join one of the small groups. For the bible study yes to God! I think I already did but not sure!

Thanks

Dana Cowen

35. joan vera says:

Just added you on Twitter facebook and instagram.
    Looking forward to the study

36. I follow on Facebook. Love, too, the uplifting emails.

37. I follow on facebook, twitter and pinterest –
    If you have time, I’d love followed back on my family friendly review blog ~ momloves2read(dot)com

38. Priscilla says:

I’m saying ‘yes’ to God because I’m worth it!
    I bought the book when Lysa Terkuerst was in St Louis MO the other year. Looking forward to diving in with the online bible study!

39. Sue Nabb says:

I am so excited about this study. Thanks for the opportunity to learn more about HIS Word. S

40. Lynn Baum says:

I’ve joined you on Facebook and Pinterest. Now to see how much I am able to connect. I am not a very goo techy person but am learning more every day. Blessings to you for sharing the word.