Jul 12

Facebook it, Pin it, Instagram it, Tweet it Up!

If you love social media like we do, then we invite you to interact with us in the great big world of cyber space!  P31OBS can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and most recently Instagram. You can view all of these on your computer or smart phone. There is a free app on your phone for all of them as well.

Ginny Blankenship is our awesome Social Media Coordinator. She and her team work hard to make sure you can have the best experience possible on our Online Bible Studies social media sites.

Facebook @MelissaTaylorsOnlineBibleStudies

OBS Facebook page 1OBS Facebook Page 2

Our Facebook home page                                                                                                                                    Sample of Facebook posts

On our OBS Facebook page you will find loads of inspiration, encouragement, pictures, verses, and fun that you can join in the conversation or share on your own personal Facebook page. Our community on Facebook is almost 25,000! The P31 OBS team and I are often found chatting it up on our Facebook page and would love for you to join us! We even have a few Facebook Parties during each study where you get the opportunity to “meet up” at a certain time and date and we spend an hour together sharing life! It’s sooooo fun!  Our Real Life Connections Group (Conference Call Gals) also meet up here during each call to share insight and thoughts as the call takes place. View our Facebook page here. Join community and “Like” us today!

Twitter @P31OBS, @MelissaRTaylor

OBS Twitter page

Our Twitter home page

At P31OBS, we LOVE Twitter and many of the ladies on our team have Twitter accounts. Twitter is not like Facebook. Where Facebook gives you the opportunity to post and share at length, Twitter is short and sweet. Each “tweet” (post) is only allowed to be 140 characters long. On Twitter, I connect with my friends at Proverbs 31 Ministries, OBS, my pastor and my church, my kids, and my interests such as news, sports, entertainment, and Christian teachers and speakers from around the world. (You know like Beth Moore, Lysa TerKeurst, and Andy Stanley.) View our Twitter profile page here. Follow us on Twitter today! You can also view my personal tweets in the left column of this blog in the Live Twitter Feed.

Pinterest @Proverbs31OBS, @melissartaylor

OBS Pinterest Page Our Pinterest home page

Pinterest is a one stop shop for ideas on EVERYTHING! And yes, I do mean everything. On our Pinterest page, we share beautifully designed scriptures from the study, quotes from the books we are studying, recipes, activities, and more. And we love it when you view our pins and  “pin it” to your own Pinterest page or share it on FB, Twitter, or Instagram. Visit our Pinterest page here. Follow us on Pinterest and begin pinning OBS today!

Instagram @P31OBS, @melissartaylor

OBS Instagram

Our Instagram home page

Instagram is all about pictures. Supposedly a picture speaks a thousand words. If so, Instagram is filled with stories of real hope for real life. I’ll be honest. When I first joined Instagram it was because of my kids. My kids are 20, 18, 16, and 12. They love Instagram and share snapshots of their lives there. Of course I joined, I didn’t want to be left out of family fun! Seriously though, Instagram is the “in thing” right now and if it’s important to you to stay current, then get an Instagram. For me it is important. I want to be able to connect with all generations. View our Instagram here. Follow us on Instagram today!

I hope you’ve enjoyed our little social media tour today. If you happen to follow or like us on any of these, please let us know! Mention it in the comment section below and Facebook us, tweet us, pin us, or instagram us! If you do, you will be entered to win a What Happens When Women Say Yes to God book and a personal phone call from your OBS leaders for this study, me and Nicki Koziarz! Wow, we can connect off-line!

I know social media can be overwhelming for some, but if you have a healthy balance and love for connecting in other places, I hope you’ll join us! It’s the way us folks who don’t live in the same communities can bump into each other somewhere besides our home base. (Kind of like running into a co-worker at the grocery store! Which I’ve done and found very exciting! We hugged like we never see each other~haha!) Let us know

If you’d like to share your social media handles with us, feel free. (You don’t have to, but if you want some awesome OBS followers, then please share!

Post all comments in the comment section of my blog. Just click the word “comments” at the bottom of the post. If you receive this via email, do not reply to this to leave a comment.

*****Out of respect, please don’t follow my kids on any social media site. I wish I didn’t have to say this, but I’ve found it’s necessary. They don’t want all “mom’s friends” following and commenting on their stuff. Thanks!  <3

Winners from yesterday’s post are:

Laina, email beginning screwsk

Malinda, email beginning Pappys.girl

Johnijane Peckinpaugh, email beginning Johnijane

Amy, thespringsindiana

Lindsay, email beginning lfirzlaff

Y’all email Angie, Angie@proverbs31.org with your mailing address and we will get your prize in the mail! Congrats!

Comments

1. Teresa Brooks says:

Following on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest! Can’t wait for the study to start!

2. Emily Pyatt says:

Hello! I have joined you guys on the social medias.My handles are:
    Facebook- Emily Pyatt
    Twitter- stylistemily
    Instagram-emilypyatt
    Pintrest-Emily Pyatt

3. Halona Luna says:

I follow on Twitter & Facebook. I am so excited for this study. halonaluna

4. Tracie B says:

I have connected with you all on FB, Twitter and Pinterest. Feel free to join me.
    FB: Tracie Griffin Bailey
    Twitter: @traciegbailey
    Pinterest: traciegbailey

Looking forward to the study!

• Kelley Worley says:

Yay!!! So exciting to see so many ladies joining with us!!! Welcome!!! P31 OBS Prayer Warrior Blog Team

5. Phranases says:

I follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Can’t wait for the study to begin.

6. Oh I was super excited to find out you were on Instagram! Following you now, love your pics and encouragement. I can’t believe I wasn’t already following your Pinteret and Twitter. While I have been following on Facebook I had to redo my settings so you would show in my newsfeed. Looking forward to this Bible Study.

• Amber Oatman (Team leader) says:

Hope you enjoy following our other social media sites Paula!! Let us know your user name and we will follow you back =)

7. I follow on Facebook will start on Pinterest!

Love it,

Dana

8. Good morning from rainy gloomy!

I follow on FB, Twitter, and Pinterest! I especially love Pinterest because of the beautiful Bible verses. I can share them on FB for reminders to myself and encouragement to my friends and family!

• Amber Oatman (Team leader) says:

So glad you love our Pinterest boards Keisha! Let us know your user name so we can follow you too =)

9. Lots of great info ! So glad you shared it all!!!

10. Stephanie says:

Having a Facebook page has gotten me into some really dicey situations and caused me to sin badly. I don’t have a Facebook page, or, rather, I deactivated it to avoid more temptations. Will these sites be the only way we can take advantage of the OBS? I feel like I will be penalized, and miss some of the teaching, because I do not use this type of communication.

• Not at all. All of the study happens right here on the blog! You will not miss at on anything.

• Stephanie-
      You can get everything sent to your email. I LOVE it! Daily devotions and the bible study daily emails always repeat the homework. If you sign up to get it sent to your email they P31 ladies take care of the rest! Enjoy and God bless!
      Vicki

11. Fantastic!!! You gals think of everything! I’m on Facebook and Pinterest. I have Instagram but haven’t followed it. It might just be too much. No twitter for me either! Lol. Can’t wait for our next study. :o)

12. I follow on FB & Pinterest. I don’t have Twitter or Instagram.

13. Paige Ward says:

I follow on Facebook and Pinterest.

14. Courtney says:

Happy Hot Friday from Texas! I follow y’all on Twitter, Pintrest, and Instagram. :)

15. Emily N. says:

Yeah! Just followed you on Facebook and Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/enafziger). I’m probably one of the few people not really on Instagram yet. I’m on Twitter, but I tweet as my Shih Tzu Buttons, not as myself. @busybuttons Oh, yeah — that’s how I roll. 😀

16. Love how the OBS reaches out across all social media!!

Twitter @VeronicaHerzing
    Pinterest Veronicaherzing

17. Follow on Pinterest!

18. I follow on Facebook.
    :-)

• Barbara Prince says:

Good Amy! There is so much information and interaction on Facebook. When my granddaughter first made me try it, I thought it would be hard – it’s not!
      Blessings sister,
      B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

19. Sherri Pentecost says:

So very excited about this bible study…especially since several of my family are joining me. (c; Being a business/technology teacher…this is right down my alley. lol
    I’m following via Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. My handles are:
    Facebook: Sherri Ray Pentecost
    Twitter: sherri_pent
    Pinterest: Sherri Pentecost

20. I followed Proverbs 31 on Instagram, twitter, Pinterest & the OBS Facebook page :)

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

Yay…I love the spelling of your name:-)

21. I don’t consider myself a very techy person, so when I signed up for my first study here a few studies ago, I was very nervous about the process. Joining has helped me to push past my discomfort with all this techy stuff and start getting involved and I am so thankful for that. FB was the only social media I was regularly using prior to OBS, but I was a late bloomer in that too, only having been on it a couple years. I share OBS stuff there all the time.

I did already have a twitter account, but I still don’t use it. I don’t think I even know how to find and access the account I opened, lol! But I’ve been feeling that I want and need to start.

OBS is the reason I started Pinterest. I always knew I would love it, and I absolutely do. It’s right up my alley and by far my favorite social media outlet! I pin OBS stuff there every chance I get!

Been wanting to join instagram and see what all the craze is about. Plan to do that this study.

I can be found on both FB and Pinterest by adding katwylie33 to the end of the main web addresses.

22. Cindy Ferguson says:

I follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!

23. I am a follower on Twitter and I read your tweets all the time.
    Thanks for doing this awesome contest.
    M. Waters

24. Tami Sepke says:

Liked/ following on Facebook and Pinterest! Handles are Tami Sepke on both :)

25. I started following on Pinterest and Facebook!

• Barbara Prince says:

Hi Jill, I’m so glad you are following the Pinterest and Facebook pages! It’s a great way to get more information and more contact with others too!
      Blessing,
      B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

26. Janet Volpe says:

I follow on Facebook. Love all of you.

27. I follow you on FB, Twitter, and Pinterest
    My handles are:
    FB – Glenda Mills
    Twitter – glenda_mills
    Pinterest – glendalmills

28. I have joined my first Online Bible Study. I’m looking forward to learning more and have a deeper relationship with my Lord and Savior.

I am following Proverbs31 on FB (Barb Robbins), Instagram (Bopsie) and Pinterest (Barb Robbins).

• Barbara Prince says:

Hi Barb, I’m so glad you have joined us! I love OBS. I don’t know how I managed without it. Each study has something that I can use in my day to day life. It really is Real Change for Real Life!
      Be blessed,
      B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

29. Katherine Boothe says:

Good Morning! I follow on facebook. will be adding twitter.
    facebook- Katherine Goins Boothe
    Twitter-Kathy Boothe

30. Sandy Wenzlaff says:

Following you on Facebook!

31. Vanessa J says:

I am very happy to be able to connect on the other sites as well!! I follow on all of them!

Facebook: Vanessa Jones
    Twitter: Koalas3
    Pinterest: Vanessa Jones
    Instagram: nessalynn1125

32. Carolyn says:

I had already “liked” y’all on Facebook, and “followed” y’all on Twitter. But I went and followed y’all on Pinterest and am currently trying to on Instagram. I had an instagram but don’t use it. But have no clue how to search for someone to follow, I’ll keep trying :) Thank you! Have a great day!!!! Oh and I was super excited to see on twitter that 12 hours ago, we were 16 away from the biggest OBS ever! God is good!!!

33. I am following you on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
    FB – Jennifer Stohr
    Twitter – @sassyj721
    Pinterest – sassyjstohr

34. Facebook follower!!

35. TABITHA JONES says:

I follow you on pinterest and facebook. I am so excited about this study, I can not wait to get this started. Everyone have a blessed day.

• Kristy Aiken OBS Group Leader/ Prayer Warrior Blog Team Leader says:

I always enjoy your comments on the blog throughout the study…thanks for always sharing.

36. I’m following you on Facebook & Instagram. My names are the same as the beginning of my email =D

37. I follow Facebook and Pinterest. Just added Instagram. :)

38. Twitter: @JamyWhitaker
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorJamyWhitaker
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jamywhitaker/
    Instagram: @jamywhitaker

39. I’m looking forward to this Bible study, particularly since my new church has had to postpone our studies due to summer interests, I suppose, of the other people who were attending. I’ve been looking for something to fill the void I’ve been feeling. I’m newly returned to Christ, and definitely need more Christian ed, if you will. Many thanks to your Crosswalk devotion this morning with the information!

• Barbara Prince says:

Hi Barbara, You will feel right at home on these OBS pretty quickly. As Melissa is always telling us “You’ll get out of it what you put into it.” I’m looking forward to talking with you. We have several Barbara’s for this study!
      Blessings,
      B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

40. following on facebook and now Pinterest!!

41. Hi Everyone! I’m on the Leadership & Teaching team and would love to connect with you. If you would like to follow me, you can connect with me at….
    Website: http://www.lindakuhar.com
    Facebook:Linda Kuhar
    Twitter:@LindaKuhar
    Pinterest: lindakuhar
    Email: linda@lindakuhar.com

42. Cheri Rumelhart says:

Excited to be following you on Facebook! Thanks for the info!

• Barbara Prince says:

Good Cheri! You’ll love the Facebook page. Lots of information and lots of fellowship too!
      Be Blessed!
      B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

43. Hi,

I am following on Facebook, Pinterest and as of today I am now on Instagram for the very first time!! So excited!

My handles are:

Facebook: Donna Jasso
    Pinterest: Donna Jasso
    Instagram: Javdon989

44. Thank you for the info. I do not follow any social media…maybe I should. :-)

• Barbara Prince says:

Renee, I’ll be 67 next week and I do all the social media except Instagram. I will admit that I sometimes can over spend time on them. I love talking to all the women who take OBS.
      Blessings,
      B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

45. I currently follow Melissa, Lysa, and Proverbs 31 on Facebook. I’m totally going to look you up on pinterest, too.

46. Following you on Pinterest, Instagram & Facebook. Thanks so much for all the awesome encouragement! I can’t wait for the Bible Study to start!

47. Barbara Prince says:

I love how all you ladies are getting into spreading the word about this OBS through all the social media. I do Facebook, twitter, and Pinterest.
    I am also looking forward to our next study!

48. I am so super excited about this study! I just had my daughter 7 (almost 8) weeks ago and really need to get back into my daily Bible studying and this OBS is just the thing I need! I follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. My handles are:
    Facebook: Brandi Davis
    Twitter: PenguinsinPink
    Instagram:BJMSdavis
    Pinterest: Brandidavis11

God bless y’all!

• Kelley Worley says:

This would be a perfect fit for you because you don’t have to leave your home to do it!! So convenient!! Glad to have you joining us!!! Blessings!! P31 OBS Prayer Warrior Blog Team

49. Nikki B. says:

Following on Facebook and Pinterest, and trying to follow on Instagram. Looking forward to this study.